Raptor

Shredder
He/Him
December 25th
Spikemunth
Northeast
Wastrel
Rocket Beast
I survived because the fire inside me burned brighter than the fire around me.
awards
727 posts
part of
TAG WITH @shredzeppelin
Shred Zeppelin
Chain Reaction [M]
POSTED ON Nov 13, 2023 22:09:11 GMT
Shred Zeppelin Avatar
Lulu Flint. Former Head Scientist of Team Rocket. Former Avatar of Darkrai. Involved in several revolutionary breakthroughs involving Infinity Energy, Genesect, and the RKS System. Well known and respected all throughout the organisation. Very smart. Very attractive. Very important.

That's probably why you've been loitering outside the labs for the past fifteen minutes, trying your very to come up with reasons not to go inside. Man. You're a Beast now. That, theoretically, makes you important. It means that, theoretically, you outrank her. So, theoretically, you really shouldn't have any problems here. Practically, however, that's all just a theoretical. Things, practically, aren't going to be like they are theoretically. And that means, practically, that you're still dreading the prospect of meeting her again, especially after how your last encounter ended.

Like... There's no way it's going to go well, is there?

But despite your best efforts, you can only put it off for so long. Rocket responsibilities aside, you've got your fair share of questions about what happened in that cave, and she's your best bet at answering them. Eventually, you can find no more excuses. So, with a deep breath and a long sigh, you cross your fingers and step inside the laboratory.

close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
every night i burn, dream the black crow dream
awards
4,412 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
Chain Reaction [M]
POSTED ON Nov 14, 2023 6:36:39 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","lulu"]
[attr="class","top"]

he may have outranked her now, but she still received news with one hell of a network. in particular, her brother-in-law–who had also been promoted–was a good source. she knew the man she'd almost surely attacked and certainly left behind to be eaten was now a beast. what exactly had happened, and was he pissed about it?[break][break]

when she saw him, she froze with a notebook in-hand that fell against her slacks, as her train of thought derailed. the hazy edges of her blackout were uncomfortable and disorienting to recollect, and she found herself short of the words to properly pick at the mystery in the moment.[break][break]

but perhaps he was not there for her anyways. he was not the first beast to visit the labs that week.[break][break]

like a deerling in headlights, she asked, "are you looking for someone?"[break][break]

[attr="class","ooc"] [break]
[attr="class","pkspr pkmn-poipole"][break]

[attr="class","milkcredit"] [attr="class","fas fa-cookie-bite"]

[newclass=".lulu"]--accent:#7C6678; position:relative; z-index:1; overflow:hidden; [/newclass]

[newclass=".lulu blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; text-transform:lowercase; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:30px 50px; letter-spacing:0.2px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".lulu blockquote img"] margin:1px 15px 2px 1px; border-radius:10px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".lulu blockquote b, .lulu blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) } .lulu blockquote b { font-size:14px!important } .lulu blockquote u { font-style:italic; color:var(--accent); text-decoration:underline dotted; border-bottom:none; letter-spacing:1px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".lulu .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:430px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; [/newclass]

[newclass=".lulu .ooc"]border-top:1px solid #222; padding-top:15px; text-align:center; margin-top:15px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".lulu .ooc a"]font:bold 15px 'Poppins';[/newclass]

[newclass=".lulu .milkcredit"]font-size:15px; position:absolute; z-index:99; right:95px; bottom:5px; border-radius:100px; color:var(--accent); opacity:0.6; } .lulu .milkcredit a { transition:0.5s all } .lulu .milkcredit a:hover { transition:0.5s all; color:var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Raptor

Shredder
He/Him
December 25th
Spikemunth
Northeast
Wastrel
Rocket Beast
awards
727 posts
part of
TAG WITH @shredzeppelin
Shred Zeppelin
Chain Reaction [M]
POSTED ON Nov 15, 2023 0:44:10 GMT
Shred Zeppelin Avatar
Oh. She's right there. You blink. Honestly? This is not ideal. You were kind of hoping that she was a little deeper into the labs, so you'd have enough time to think of what you wanted to say while you walked. And yet, here you are, standing right in front of her, with not a single word prepared.

Fuck it. Every second you spend thinking is another second of awkward silence. You're just going to have to wing it. So, you summon your limite charisma, straighten up your posture, and clear your throat.

"Yes." You reply. You move to take a step towards her, but one glance at her face is enough to tell you that's probably a bad idea. So instead, you awkwardly redirect yourself over to a nearby desk, leaning against it as you look off towards nowhere in particularly. "Or, well, not anymore. I actually came here to see you."

Arceus wept. That sounded a lot better in your head, especially before you said it. Why did you word it like that? And why did you put so much emphasis on "you"? No, no, this is still fine! You just have to push the conversation forward before she can realise how bad it sounds, too.

"So... How've you been?"

This is NOT better.

close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,412 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
Chain Reaction [M]
POSTED ON Nov 16, 2023 5:30:13 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","lulu"]
[attr="class","top"]

”ah.” shit.[break][break]

she watched him closely, at first out of mild concern for her well-being, and then more out of bewilderment. as his gaze drifted away, hers briefly attempted to follow, before sliding back to him.[break][break]

”fine…” ?[break][break]

picking lightly at the clip on her pen with her thumb, she then thought to add, ”no more symptoms from the toxin–at least, that i’ve noticed. fingers crossed.”[break][break]

there was another brief pause. then, she decided it was better to just face this head-on, whatever it was. work awaited.[break][break]

she took some of the steps he hadn’t taken, joining him closer to the desk to talk a bit more discreetly, but still remaining carefully out of arm's reach.[break][break]

”what happened between us at the swamp?”[break][break]

[newclass=".lulu"]--accent:#7C6678; position:relative; z-index:1; overflow:hidden; [/newclass]

[newclass=".lulu blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; text-transform:lowercase; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:30px 50px; letter-spacing:0.2px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".lulu blockquote img"] margin:1px 15px 2px 1px; border-radius:10px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".lulu blockquote b, .lulu blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) } .lulu blockquote b { font-size:14px!important } .lulu blockquote u { font-style:italic; color:var(--accent); text-decoration:underline dotted; border-bottom:none; letter-spacing:1px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".lulu .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:430px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; [/newclass]

[newclass=".lulu .ooc"]border-top:1px solid #222; padding-top:15px; text-align:center; margin-top:15px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".lulu .milkcredit"]font-size:15px; position:absolute; z-index:99; right:95px; bottom:5px; border-radius:100px; color:var(--accent); opacity:0.6; } .lulu .milkcredit a { transition:0.5s all } .lulu .milkcredit a:hover { transition:0.5s all; color:var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Raptor

Shredder
He/Him
December 25th
Spikemunth
Northeast
Wastrel
Rocket Beast
awards
727 posts
part of
TAG WITH @shredzeppelin
Shred Zeppelin
Chain Reaction [M]
POSTED ON Nov 17, 2023 17:34:45 GMT
Shred Zeppelin Avatar
She's okay. That's good! You're glad she's alright. You were worried she might've been horribly traumatised by the whole "getting kidnapped by aliens and infected with an unknown parasite" thing, but fortunately, that doesn't seem to be the case. Which, actually, is a convenient little segue to the other thing you came here to--

Before you can get that far, Lulu moves closer, and you instinctively straighten up. You're not quite sure why. Maybe you were hoping for some out-of-nowhere intimate moment, as though this were some trashy romcom. More likely, you were expecting her to start attacking you again. Whatever the case, she stops short of either, which is probably for the best. Both of those outcomes would've probably lead to a meeting with HR, and you're already on thin ice with them for "inappropriate use of language in a company email" and "smoking in prohibited areas". Instead, she asks you what happened between the two of you.

And that is one hell of a loaded question.

"...You, uh, tried to kill me." You murmur, glancing around the laboratory. Primarily, you're checking for eavesdroppers, anyone who might be listening in when they shouldn't. Secondarily, it's a great excuse to continue avoiding eye contact. "Because of that weird tentacle on your head, I think. And then I cut it off, and then you were fine again...?"

close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,412 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
Chain Reaction [M]
POSTED ON Nov 18, 2023 9:26:54 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","lulu"]
[attr="class","top"]

”you cut off my tentacle?” she’d have looked surprised, had he possessed the courage to look in her direction. ”shit. thanks, i guess.”[break][break]

but as she recollected further, her thin brows furrowed, because she had seen at least one tentacle vanish into thin air, as the tera crystals had glowed brighter around them. maybe if he’d have just waited, he wouldn’t have had to amputate.[break][break]

”you could have killed me. that makes us even though, doesn’t it?” she wore something similar to a smile that was more flat than curled and more satisfied with her own reasoning than friendly. after giving him little time to answer, she then asked, ”do you remember what it looked like?”[break][break]

the tentacle had resembled a hand, reaching for something above.[break][break]

a poipole drifted into frame behind her a few good paces away, curiously attempting to meet shred's gaze if it still wandered. its arm came up to give the beast a casual wave hello.[break][break]

close tab

played by

Raptor

Shredder
He/Him
December 25th
Spikemunth
Northeast
Wastrel
Rocket Beast
awards
727 posts
part of
TAG WITH @shredzeppelin
Shred Zeppelin
Chain Reaction [M]
POSTED ON Nov 21, 2023 18:30:18 GMT
Shred Zeppelin Avatar
Are you even? Sure, you could have killed her, but you didn't. Meanwhile, she was actively trying to kill you, and the only reason she didn't is because you stopped her. Shouldn't it still be a little bit uneven in your favour? Just by the smallest, tiniest amount? Just by a smidge?

"...Yeah, sure." You concede. Well, concede might be the wrong word, because that implies you ever really tried to fight it in the first place. That doesn't mean you think she's right, mind! You're just not going to argue about it because you don't care. You're both still alive, so there's no point splitting hairs about a little attempted murder. Besides, if she's going to be grateful towards you, it should be because you did something cool, not because you didn't snitch on her for almost killing you. "Water under the bridge."

Then, the topic moves along towards the other reason you came here: The aforementioned weird tentacle.

"Vaguely?" You answer, roaming eyes finally settling upon the curious Poipole as a good-enough thing to settle on. "It was pinkish, fleshy, made up of a bunch of loops, like a big weird chain. It's like that one tendril all the Nihilego had? If you can remember that? It seemed to sprout wherever, though. You had yours on your head, but others had them just about anywhere and everywhere..."

You pause for a moment, then speak again.

"...What, uh... What the fuck was that, anyway?"

close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,412 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
Chain Reaction [M]
POSTED ON Nov 26, 2023 8:39:58 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","lulu"]
[attr="class","top"]

her barely-there smile pinched just a little higher at the corners. ”great.”[break][break]

meanwhile, the poipole behind her began to hover closer, slowly, never looking away once it had achieved eye contact.[break][break]

she remembered the nihilego, and general characteristics of the odd tentacles. pink, fleshy, bunch of loops, as he confirmed. though not news, it wasn’t worthless information. it was helpful to know they’d seen the same thing.[break][break]

his question was one she’d pondered since that night, though she'd not arrived at any hard conclusions. she was no biologist, and there were other mysteries that had kept her busy.[break][break]

”alien parasite, maybe?" she shrugged. "there was something off about the megalopolans, too, like they were affected neurologically.”[break][break]

though, after a pause, she offered another theory: ”some of the tentacles also disappeared, like the spaceship. i think it’s possible the tera crystals were responsible for both, meaning much of what we experienced could have been a dream.”[break][break]

close tab

played by

Raptor

Shredder
He/Him
December 25th
Spikemunth
Northeast
Wastrel
Rocket Beast
awards
727 posts
part of
TAG WITH @shredzeppelin
Shred Zeppelin
Chain Reaction [M]
POSTED ON Nov 28, 2023 8:46:39 GMT
Shred Zeppelin Avatar
"A dream?"

There was nothing inherently wrong with Lulu's explanation. Sure, it was all just theories, but as theories went, they were fairly convincing. But the moment she mentioned the possibility of it being a dream, your brow furrowed. It was as though she'd been playing a perfect piano concerto, only to hit a bum note at the very hard... Which is a very artful metaphor, coming from someone like you, but the point remains. It just doesn't sit right.

You think back to the incident below Route 119, from chasing the Ursaluna through the swamp, to exploring the caves underneath, to battling the horde of Megalopolans. Even now, a month later and hundreds of miles away, it feels so vivid in your memory. Hell, you still have a few of the bruises, some of which Lulu gave to you! Surely, that couldn't have been a dream, could it...?

"Would that even be possible?" You ask, idly raising a hand and stopping it just in front of the Poipole. You're not quite sure why. Perhaps you just want to see what he'll do with it. "I'm no scientist, but I didn't see or, uh, smell, any Dream Mist. Can Tera Crystals on their own do that kind of thing?"

close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,412 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
Chain Reaction [M]
POSTED ON Nov 30, 2023 6:44:10 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","lulu"]
[attr="class","top"]

”mhm.”[break][break]

the poipole behind her got closer still, unbeknownst to lulu. as shred raised his hand, she looked confused and sidestepped a pace to the left, unsure what he was reaching for. then, there was penrose with the jumpscare, causing a hop in her shoulders and a curse under her breath.[break][break]

penrose broke the distance for a high five.[break][break]

watching the interaction wearily, lulu reasoned, “the tera crystal is supposedly responsible for the leaking of the interdream zone, so maybe? we know the ship was a dream, despite no presence of dream mist. the paradox pokemon can exist without it and do real damage in our world. things coming from the interdream zone seem to have the potential to be totally indistinguishable from our reality.”[break][break]

and soon, their reality would start to fade, diluted by the universe’s imagination until there was nothing left. one of the origin point’s apocalyptic dominoes.[break][break]

”it’s a massive problem, not just because of the destruction of the multiverse, but because of the chaos it could unleash on our own world.”[break][break]

she paused, tapping the pen in her hand lightly again and deciding that was probably enough for now.[break][break]

”so, yeah, i think it was that, or a parasite. or both. combination of things.” none of them good.[break][break]

close tab

played by

Raptor

Shredder
He/Him
December 25th
Spikemunth
Northeast
Wastrel
Rocket Beast
awards
727 posts
part of
TAG WITH @shredzeppelin
Shred Zeppelin
Chain Reaction [M]
POSTED ON Nov 30, 2023 20:14:05 GMT
Shred Zeppelin Avatar
You listen to Lulu's explanation with mild interest, all while continuing to watch Penrose. Weirdly, watching her jump like that was kind of cute. It makes her seem less like some kind of divine science prophet and more like a regular human being, and that alone is enough to make you ease up a little. As you Poipole high fives your hand, a slight grin creeps upon your face. Does he know? You're not sure. If it was any other Pokemon, you'd just assume it was animal instinct, but with Ultra Beast? You can never really know. There's just something about them that always leaves you--

"--Wait, destruction of the multiverse?"

The fuck? Did you black out or something? How did you get from Tera Crystals and Paradox Pokemon to the total annihilation of everything everywhere all at once? At first, you thought you must've misheard her, or that she must've misspoke, or that you might have just missed out on some earlier context, but no. She said destruction of the multiverse, and she meant destruction of the multiverse. And then, not one sentence later, she goes back to comparing it to the parasite, as though the possibility of absolute cosmic armageddon was on the same level as a Parasect infestation.

It's a lot to take in. Too much, honestly. And the more you think about it, the more messy it gets. Like... You've got a Paradox Pokemon hanging from your belt right now. You've got a Tera Orb sitting in your pocket, too. Hell, one of your Paradox Pokemon even has a Tera Type! Are all these things just symptoms of some unfathomable rot upon existence? Do they really have the power to warp reality like that? And could they really bring about the end of the world as you know it? You can barely even process it all. It just sounds so bleak.

Finally, after a terribly long pause, you find it within yourself look Lulu in the eye, and ask an incredibly stupid question.

"Are you okay? Like, emotionally?"

close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,412 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
Chain Reaction [M]
POSTED ON Dec 1, 2023 20:30:52 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","lulu"]
[attr="class","top"]

she confirmed with a nod, ”yes, according to alien assassins from a digital realm, we are the origin point of the death of all existence. it's a bit of a shit predicament.”[break][break][break]

why was it news to so many people? as someone who obsessed about the apocalypse daily, she was perplexed but no longer surprised by such obliviousness.[break][break]

he looked at her then, finally, and asked his question. her chin tilted a few degrees and she stared back with bloodshot eyes unblinking, pale face devoid of any easily identifiable expression.[break][break]

finally, after a quiet moment, she responded, ”peachy.”[break][break]

and then, she took a step closer. penrose got closer too, levitating to his side and picking up a lock of blonde hair to twirl.[break][break]

her voice lowered, ”listen, i haven’t slept in over a week, i can’t remember the last time i ate, i just spent six hours repairing damage from a ratatat infestation–which is way below my pay grade–and now i get to actually start my day in this death trap. now is not the time to fuck with me.”[break][break]

close tab

played by

Raptor

Shredder
He/Him
December 25th
Spikemunth
Northeast
Wastrel
Rocket Beast
awards
727 posts
part of
TAG WITH @shredzeppelin
Shred Zeppelin
Chain Reaction [M]
POSTED ON Dec 2, 2023 11:27:22 GMT
Shred Zeppelin Avatar
Annnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnd you've fucked it.

Lulu is pissed. From the sound of it, she's an even bigger wreck than you are right now, and considering you're Shred Zeppelin, that's saying something. Course, the difference is that you're more of a "sex and drugs and rock'n'roll", and she's more "worrying lack of self-care". You're like a suped-up Ferrari going a hundred miles an hour while actively on fire, while she's like a dumpy Mini Cooper that's half-submerged in a lake and slowly sinking deeper. Not that you're calling her dumpy, mind! For being on a week of no food or sleep, she's looking pretty good! Well, except for the bloodshot eyes, but...

Shit. It feels like you've just stepped on a land mine, and the moment you step off, everything is going to blow up on your face. She's staring daggers at you, and the undertones of disdain in her voice are so apparent that they're impossible to miss. You can only describe it as excruciating. It makes you wish you were back in that cave getting beaten to death, because at least you couldn't screw that up.

You need to disarm this situation, and clearly, you can't rely on your own experiences to get you through this. You need to think like someone smarter, someone more sciencey-minded. What would tell you to do in this situation?

"Man, you should really learn when to cut your losses. There's a chapter on retreating in the Poke-art of War that I bought you."

Hm. At a glance, it's not a bad idea. Things aren't going well? Just walk out. It's a tempting prospect, but it doesn't hold up to any kind of scrutiny whatsoever. Why would you even expect Howard to know anything about this, anyway? He's Howard. He's too busy with his archaeology and his spreadsheets to know the first thing about women. What about ? He's got like, a wife or something, right? What advice would he give you?

"Come on, man. Be persistent. Chicks dig a guy who'll never give up."

Hm. Is that advice better? It doesn't feel better. Sure, it being persistent right now could get you where you need to be, but it could also get you punched straight in the face. Then again, Navy isn't much of an intellectual either, is he? You're running out of options here. For a split-second, you glance over to Penrose as he fiddles with your hair. Come on, buddy. Be the lighthouse to guide this lost sailor out of stormy seas. What are you supposed to do?

Hm. Yeah, that was a long shot, wasn't it? He's a Poipole, not a miracle worker. Alright, well, fuck it. You just have to go with the wildcard. What would tell you to do?

Mr. Shred, she is clearly not doing well. Even if the universe is at the whim of these tera crystals and multi-universes, they ultimately mean little to our current situation. She even said it herself: no sleep in a week? Not eating well? Sure-fire signs of mental deterioration. Imagine yourself right after a hangover. Would you be in the best of mind either? Not at all. But she ackowledged it. Self awareness is the first step to admitting there is a problem. Lulu seems smart and capable, too. It might--

Fuckin' hell, alright, you get it! Arceus wept, imaginary Grigori, cut to the fucking chase, yeah? Sheesh... Well, he's not exactly wrong. The problem is obvious, And so is the solution - She needs to go eat, sleep, and generally unfuck herself. But you can't exactly do that for her, can you? What are you supposed to do, force her...?

"...Alright, Lulu: I'm giving you the week off." You decide, taking a step to the side to put some distance between you and the scientist. "Paid, of course, and I'll handle all the paperwork and the bureaucracy and the like. Hell, I'll even make sure it doesn't eat into your leave, too. Any complaints?"

close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,412 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
Chain Reaction [M]
POSTED ON Dec 2, 2023 22:02:29 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","lulu"]
[attr="class","top"]

”you’ll handle the bureaucracy?” her lips twisted into a disbelieving shape. “if i took a week off, people would think i died or fled the region. panic would ensue.” perhaps not en masse, but , , and came to mind, at least.[break][break]

and speaking of the head scientist, when she’d held the position herself, had a beast come into her laboratory and attempted to give anyone a week off, she might have made it a mission to mount their head on her office wall.[break][break]

but she was no longer head scientist, which changed things. it left her staring at him funny, face scrunched as though she wasn’t quite sure what she was looking at. [break][break]

soon, she shook her head. “no, i can’t do that. there’s kind of a lot of things going on right now. clock is ticking.” [break][break]

her arms crossed, then, eyes narrowing cynically. ”what’s your angle, anyways? just a nice guy going out of your way to offer paid vacation time? i don’t even work for you. penrose, that's enough.[break][break]

the poipole let the beast’s hair fall back to his shoulders, hovering away to a nearly respectful distance once more.[break][break]

close tab

played by

Raptor

Shredder
He/Him
December 25th
Spikemunth
Northeast
Wastrel
Rocket Beast
awards
727 posts
part of
TAG WITH @shredzeppelin
Shred Zeppelin
Chain Reaction [M]
POSTED ON Dec 3, 2023 20:45:51 GMT
Shred Zeppelin Avatar
...Okay, she's definitely in rough shape. She's being offered a week of paid time off, no strings attached, and she said no? Most people would kill to have that sort of thing, and she's turning it down? Fucking hell. You can't let her do that. If you did, it'd be nothing short of negligent.

"Look, I'm not telling you how to live your life." You clarify, walking the precarious tightrope between being considerate and authoritative. "If you want to spend that time researching, or studying, or experimenting, or whatever science thing you want to do, that's none of my business. But take it from me? It won't kill you to take it easy for a while. The world isn't going to end just because you take a day off. You think I'd let it? I live here too, y'know."

Yeah, right. Why did you think saying this would impress her? You can't even protect your own dignity, and she's supposed to think you can protect the multiverse? Murder Roulette works on zombies. It won't work on Eternatus.

And then, without much in the way of warning, she cuts to the heart of the matter. What's your angle?

"I don't have an angle. Well, technically, I do, but... Fuck, man, it's not anything nefarious, alright? It's just that--" I am madly in love with the idea of you "--I don't want you to work yourself to death, okay? You're WAY too smart to die over something so stupid! So, stop being stubborn, do yourself a favour, and take the time off. Is that really so much to ask?"

...You were wrong before. You hadn't fucked it before, but now? Now you've really fucked it.