Ecruteak, Johto
Bisexual
Prophetess
Head Scientist
I cannot conceive of a universe
without you in it
5'2" / 157 cm height
5'2" / 157 cm height
Curiosity is one of the great secrets of happiness.
awards
1,330 posts
Naomi Sato DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @nomi
Naomi Sato
SUNKEN TREASURE [M]
POSTED ON Nov 15, 2023 5:25:28 GMT
Naomi Sato Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","nomitest8"]
[attr="class","body"]

Nomi gazed out at the turbulent sea, distant storm clouds greying the sky with the promise of rain. Behind her, the city of Sootopolis shadowed them with its storied history. Beside her, Kallistatus the shiny Unown-K hovered, ever vigilant - her constant companion. And on her other side...[break][break]
"Thank you for agreeing to accompany me," Nomi said to the newly minted Beast, raising her voice so it could be heard over the howling wind. "My Unown tell me that Kyogre was last spotted right outside our very own city. How fortuitous, wouldn't you say?"[break][break]
She turned to face her companion. Pastel pink hair whipped around her face, and though she was small in stature, she cut a rather impressive figure as she stood on the deck of the ship.[break][break]
"Hopefully - " she added pleasantly, " - our good fortune will continue. After all, the presence of a rogue legendary ripe for new Avatarship ought to draw out the DRK Triad."[break][break]
She flashed him an innocent smile.[break][break]
"In fact, I am banking on it."
[break][break][break]

[break]
NOTESMission[break][break]

[attr="class","credit"]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[newclass=".nomitest8"]--accent:#f798d6;font:13px Roboto;[/newclass]
[newclass=".nomitest8 b"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".nomitest8 i"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".nomitest8 u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".nomitest8 a"]font:13px Roboto;color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".nomitest8 h1"]font:16px Roboto;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=".nomitest8 h2"]font:14px Roboto;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=".nomitest8 .body"]background-image:url("https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png");background-position:bottom;background-repeat:no-repeat;text-align:justify;[/newclass]
[newclass=".nomitest8 .pkmn img"]margin:-10px -7px 0px -7px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".nomitest8 .credit"]font-size:13px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Raptor

Shredder
He/Him
December 25th
Spikemunth
Northeast
Wastrel
Rocket Beast
I survived because the fire inside me burned brighter than the fire around me.
awards
707 posts
part of
TAG WITH @shredzeppelin
Shred Zeppelin
SUNKEN TREASURE [M]
POSTED ON Nov 17, 2023 0:35:20 GMT
Shred Zeppelin Avatar
DRK Triad this, Avatarship that. As you've just recently learned, they're both very important things to the upper echelons of Team Rocket, and very good reasons to be interested in the appearance of Kyogre. They're also very convenient excuses for you to come along, though you aren't here for either of those aforementioned reasons.

No, you're here to fight it. You've already had the misfortunate of crossing paths with it once, but this time, it's going to have the misfortune of crossing paths with you. You might not kill it, hell, you might not even win in the slightest, but you'll certainly leave that leviathan bloodier than it was than when you arrived. You'll be like, uh... The guy from Moby Dick... What was he called again...? Y'know... Y'know, him.

Okay, you haven't read Moby Dick. As it happens, you also haven't ready all those refresher emails you got about the DRK Triad, which is why you can't really relate to the Head Scientist. Oh well. You'll find the time eventually. For now, you just need to bullshit that you're in the know.

"...Yeah, definitely."

You lean back in your seat, glancing around at the open sea. Things are plenty rough and plenty stormy, but there's no sight of that big fucker floating along on the surface. So, where the hell is he hiding, and where is he going to attack from?

close tab

played by

nellethiel

Nomi; The Visionary
She/Her
November 9
Ecruteak, Johto
Bisexual
Prophetess
Head Scientist
without you in it
5'2" / 157 cm height
5'2" / 157 cm height
awards
1,330 posts
Naomi Sato DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @nomi
Naomi Sato
SUNKEN TREASURE [M]
POSTED ON Dec 5, 2023 2:13:01 GMT
Naomi Sato Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","body"]

Satisfied with Shred's commitment to her cause, Nomi turned her attention back to the violent waves crashing into their ship. As it rocked, Nomi held tight to the railing, hyper aware of her unsteady footing. She wasn't the sort to get sea sick, but she wasn't exactly a seasoned sailor, either. All the same, she felt ready for anything.[break][break]
"Kal, I need a better view," Nomi urged, turning to the shiny Unown-K beside her. It bobbed up and down in the air, then drifted out over the deck of the ship and into the open ocean: high enough to avoid getting drenched, but close enough to get a good look at what might be lurking beneath the depths.[break][break]
Nomi's eyes went white, and she switched her vision so that she was looking through Kallistatus's singular eye. Like a camera, it panned over the waves, searching...[break][break]
"There!" She exclaimed, noticing a dark shape approaching the ship from the north. It was massive, and it seemed to give off a faint blue glow, as if generating power - which only meant one thing.[break][break]
They'd found Kyogre, and it was heading directly for their ship.[break][break]
"Brace for contact!" Nomi shouted at Shred.
[break][break][break]

[break]

[attr="class","credit"]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[newclass=".nomitest8 u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".nomitest8 h1"]font:16px Roboto;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=".nomitest8 h2"]font:14px Roboto;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=".nomitest8 .body"]background-image:url("https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png");background-position:bottom;background-repeat:no-repeat;text-align:justify;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Raptor

Shredder
He/Him
December 25th
Spikemunth
Northeast
Wastrel
Rocket Beast
awards
707 posts
part of
TAG WITH @shredzeppelin
Shred Zeppelin
SUNKEN TREASURE [M]
POSTED ON Dec 13, 2023 0:14:10 GMT
Shred Zeppelin Avatar
As the great leviathan emerges from the deep, you can feel a change in the air. The crack of thunder roars in the distance, the clouds above you turn grey, and rain begins to fall upon your face. Just like what happened back on the Sea Mauville, when you first encountered the bastard... Yeah, no doubt about it: Kyogre is here.

"On it!" You practically leap out of your seat, rushing forth to the prow of the ship. You're not screwing around. No, this is your chance to get even, and you're sure as shit not going to squander it. As soon as you spot the shadow on the water, you grab a Pokeball from your belt and hurl it forth without a moment's hesitation. "Dragapult! Lock On!"

"10-4, we have eyes on the target." The dragon growls in response, bursting out of the red flash and soaring closer to the lurking legend. "Arming weapons, ready to fire in ten, over."

You curse under your breath. Ten seconds to fire? You don't have the luxury of waiting ten seconds, and judging by how the whale is barrelling towards your ship, it doesn't seem polite enough to pause until your attack is ready. So, with no better options, all you can do is grip the railing and brace for impact.

close tab

played by

nellethiel

Nomi; The Visionary
She/Her
November 9
Ecruteak, Johto
Bisexual
Prophetess
Head Scientist
without you in it
5'2" / 157 cm height
5'2" / 157 cm height
awards
1,330 posts
Naomi Sato DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @nomi
Naomi Sato
SUNKEN TREASURE [M]
POSTED ON Dec 27, 2023 3:31:11 GMT
Naomi Sato Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","body"]

Shred was quick to follow orders, which Nomi appreciated. The fierce-looking Dragapult he released, however, was taking far too long to fire its first volley of shots. No time! Nomi thought, heart racing.[break][break]
The Head Scientist grit her teeth and blinked frantically as the sea spray stung her eyes. The Kyogre was gaining on them, and as it opened its giant maw, the vivid blue light she'd seen earlier began to glow brighter and brighter.[break][break]
"The Origin Pulse!" She shouted, slipping across the deck in an effort to grab onto Shred's arm. The leviathan's signature move would destroy their ship, of this she was certain - and though she was loath to leave in case the DRK Triad actually did appear, it would be far worse to be torn apart by Kyogre's wrath. The creature was far more powerful - and far angrier - than Nomi had anticipated.[break][break]
There was only one thing she could do. There was no time to warn Shred, but he would adapt: he was a Beast, wasn't he? Made of stronger stuff than the average man.[break][break]
Or so she hoped.[break][break]
"Kallistatus!" She called out to the shiny Unown-K. "Get us out of here!"[break][break]
With a flash, the Unown yanked Nomi, Shred, and the Dragapult through space-time and into an infinite starry expanse. Galaxies wheeled around them, Unown dancing amidst the glittering multi-colored lights. Everything was serenely peaceful, the raging sea replaced by an unending ethereal silence.[break][break]
[break]
"Welcome to the Unown Dimension!" She announced pleasantly, brushing herself off and standing up straight. "We should be safe here for a time."
[break][break][break]

[break]

[attr="class","credit"]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

close tab

played by

Raptor

Shredder
He/Him
December 25th
Spikemunth
Northeast
Wastrel
Rocket Beast
awards
707 posts
part of
TAG WITH @shredzeppelin
Shred Zeppelin
SUNKEN TREASURE [M]
POSTED ON Jan 3, 2024 12:03:30 GMT
Shred Zeppelin Avatar
"...What the fuck...?"

You look around the endless cosmic ocean with the most sincere confusion you have ever felt in your life. Where even are you right now? One moment you were facing down an attack from Kyogre, and the next... SHIT, did you die?! No, that couldn't be it. You're not exactly likely to get into Heaven, but there's no way a place as pleasant as this could be Hell, either. But then, where the hell are you?

Fortunately, Naomi is here to help answer your questions. Unfortunately, that can only do so much for a man as dense as you.

"The unknown dimension?" You blink. Even she doesn't know what it is? But clearly, she was the one who brought you here, right? Is she one of those wizards, like the one rock guy you fought before? Gah, too many questions! You decide it's better not to think about it. Your brain will hurt less that way. "Yeah, it sure is."

Then, there's a pause. Then, you look around your surroundings for a bit. Then, you have a realisation. Then, you speak up again.

"...Our boat's totally fucked, isn't it?"

close tab

played by

nellethiel

Nomi; The Visionary
She/Her
November 9
Ecruteak, Johto
Bisexual
Prophetess
Head Scientist
without you in it
5'2" / 157 cm height
5'2" / 157 cm height
awards
1,330 posts
Naomi Sato DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @nomi
Naomi Sato
SUNKEN TREASURE [M]
POSTED ON Jan 17, 2024 12:03:16 GMT
Naomi Sato Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","body"]

It sure is.[break][break]
Nomi cocked her head. So Shred recognized the Unown Dimension, did he? She knew there had been an Unown scenario in the SPECTRA Trinity Trials last year - she'd been a judge for one such group - but had Shred participated in all that? She wracked her brain trying to remember - several details from the previous year had blended together in Nomi's brain. So much had happened in such a short amount of time.[break][break]
"Oh yes, the boat's absolutely totally fucked," she agreed, though her tone was mild. Calm, even. She smiled innocuously at Shred, heart-rate slowing now that they had escaped imminent danger.[break][break]
"I knew Kyogre would be dangerous, but I did not realize just how angry it really is," she admitted, thoughtful. "I was hoping a lengthy battle with it might attract the DRK Triad, but we barely had time to get our bearings before it attacked."[break][break]
She'd have to adjust her plan. Instead of fight Kyogre head-on, perhaps luring it to various locations for a more controlled observation would be best going forward. That, or bring a small army. Shred was capable, but he was just one man.[break][break]
"It's pretty, isn't it?" She noted, crimson eyes surveying the endless blue and purple galaxies laid out before them, each one glittering with millions of stars.
[break][break][break]

[break]

[attr="class","credit"]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

close tab

played by

Raptor

Shredder
He/Him
December 25th
Spikemunth
Northeast
Wastrel
Rocket Beast
awards
707 posts
part of
TAG WITH @shredzeppelin
Shred Zeppelin
SUNKEN TREASURE [M]
POSTED ON Feb 9, 2024 5:13:49 GMT
Shred Zeppelin Avatar
"Damn."

Oh well. Sucks about the boat, but better it than you, right? Adding a sunken ship to the Sootopolis seafloor is better than having a pair of bloated corpses wash up on its beaches. But just because you're fine in the short term, that doesn't mean you'll be alright in the long term, does it? No, right now, you're stranded in the unknown dimension with nowhere to stand on the sea, while Kyogre is out there swimming in the raging ocean rampaging to his heart's content. To put it politely, this is a bad situation. To be blunt, you're up shit creek without a paddle... In the shit ocean without a ship? Something like that.

"Yeah, he's a real asshole." You murmur in agreement, clenching a fist. This is the second time the damned fish has gotten the better of you, and frankly, your desire to get even is quickly being overwritten by your desire to give up. Seriously, what are you even supposed to do against that thing? Even in the best case scenario, the odds are bleak. "Maybe if we were on dry land, we'd stand a chance, but in open water? No way in hell we can beat it. Even if we did somehow get the upper hand, he'd just dive down and swim away."

You've all but talked yourself out of this ill-conceived vengeance quest at this point. Why even get mad at it? It's not like it's a real person with thoughts and feelings. No, at this point, it's more of a natural disaster than a Pokemon. You don't get mad at earthquakes or tornadoes or volcanic eruptions, so why get mad at Kyogre? No point trying to win a fight against pure destruction. Not unless you've got a serious death wish.

So, now that you've discarded your foolish thoughts of besting the leviathan, where does that leave you? In the unknown dimension, which has gotten no less confusing since you first arrived here.

"Yeah, it's pretty and all, but, uh... How do I put this...?" You trail off, wondering how best to phrase your many, many questions. What are you supposed to say here that'll make Nomi explain everything you need to know? You mull it over for a moment, and after a few seconds of pondering, you give up and slam then square block into the triangular hole. "????????????????????????"

close tab

played by

nellethiel

Nomi; The Visionary
She/Her
November 9
Ecruteak, Johto
Bisexual
Prophetess
Head Scientist
without you in it
5'2" / 157 cm height
5'2" / 157 cm height
awards
1,330 posts
Naomi Sato DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @nomi
Naomi Sato
SUNKEN TREASURE [M]
POSTED ON Mar 6, 2024 13:17:07 GMT
Naomi Sato Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","body"]

Nomi considered Shred's perspective, and found that, for the most part, she agreed.[break][break]
"It is true that the ocean is a poor battleground, if our aim is to capture Kyogre. Too many escape routes. Too many opportunities for it to flee."[break][break]
She gazed up at the ritualistic Unown, their dance a mesmerizing sight, even for her - who was fairly used to it. Fortified ships were all well and good, but Kyogre was an angry God. Perhaps she had been a fool to attempt to use the creature's rampage to bait out the DRK Triad. Did they even know how to control it? If they did, wouldn't they have done so by now?[break][break]
Something that could defy the DRK Triad was hugely advantageous to Hoenn, however. She needed to think of a way to use this...[break][break]
Shred's expression became more confused, mouth forming the words of some what-the-fuck incoherent chaos language. One of the Unown - and Unown-S - drifted down to him, intrigued. Nomi giggled.[break][break]
"I know it's a lot, but the Unown don't mean us any harm. In fact, these Unown are here to help. They want to protect Hoenn - or at least, they want to oppose the DRK Triad, who want to destroy Hoenn."[break][break]
She beamed at him, as if that made all the sense in the world.
[break][break][break]

[break]

[attr="class","credit"]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

close tab

played by

Raptor

Shredder
He/Him
December 25th
Spikemunth
Northeast
Wastrel
Rocket Beast
awards
707 posts
part of
TAG WITH @shredzeppelin
Shred Zeppelin
SUNKEN TREASURE [M]
POSTED ON Mar 19, 2024 2:28:39 GMT
Shred Zeppelin Avatar
"...Yeah, okay."

This all sounds like bullshit, but you believe it. These strange and mysterious letters who exist in an alternate dimension want to protect Hoenn from the strange and mysterious DRK Triad? Sure, why not? It's no weirder than the dozens of other things you've seen since you showed up here. She could be lying to your face right now, and at this point, you'd still believe her.

You watch the Unown for a moment. Strange little guys, aren't they? You wouldn't think those wide eyes have some grand agenda behind them, but apparently, they do. Life really is full of surprises!

"Well, either way, I think we're just about done here." You shrug. Kyogre'll just have to be dealt with another day. For now, it's time for you to debrief, go home, crack open a beer, and try and make sense of anything that just happened to you. "Time to head back to base... Uh, where's the exit?"

close tab

played by

nellethiel

Nomi; The Visionary
She/Her
November 9
Ecruteak, Johto
Bisexual
Prophetess
Head Scientist
without you in it
5'2" / 157 cm height
5'2" / 157 cm height
awards
1,330 posts
Naomi Sato DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @nomi
Naomi Sato
SUNKEN TREASURE [M]
POSTED ON Apr 9, 2024 21:20:24 GMT
Naomi Sato Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","body"]

"Oh," she blinked. Then she laughed, and it echoed across time and space. The Unown wheeled overhead, energy pulsing in vibrant bursts. Some floated down to Shred, spelling nonsense words as they circled him. "There is no exist. Er, rather, I'm the exit."[break][break]
She padded over to the Beast, resting her hand on his shoulder.[break][break]
"I'll take us back to the sub," she explained. "To my lab."[break][break]
There, she would begin to write up a report on their encounter with Kyogre. Hopefully would be there, napping on the couch. It occurred to her, then, that Shred and Parker would probably get along. Nomi had a feeling Parker would find him amusing.[break][break]
"Oh, and if my girlfriend's there, I'll introduce you!"[break][break]
She beamed up at him, an innocent bubblegum-pink Avatar with the power to reshape reality.
[break][break][break]

[break]

[attr="class","credit"]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,781 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
SUNKEN TREASURE [M]
POSTED ON Apr 11, 2024 3:05:37 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]MISSION COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: