What Dreams Are Made Of
POSTED ON Nov 20, 2023 14:25:31 GMT
Alba Evovae Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","albaTemp"]
[attr="class","post"]

[attr="class","tag"]

Sleeping In Shadows

It was not immediately obvious that Alba's Musharna was a Shadow Pokémon. Its body was still that mix of pastel pinks and purples, and it still seemed to be sleeping peacefully, all curled up in the air. If it was any more aggressive and violent in the way Shadow Pokémon were, it wasn't obvious from looking at it.[break][break]

Musharna had changed, though. Its Dream Mist more freely took on the form of nightmares, the vague shapes of beasts trying to claw their way out whenever the pink dulled to a darker hue. Was it suppressing a baser instinct, like a predator's lure, or had it just acquired the taste for more sinister dreams?[break][break]

"Well, here it is." For anything related to Shadow Pokémon, you went to Cillian Quinn. Or… sometimes he came to you. There had been plenty of inexplicable events happening in Alba's dreams recently, but at least there was an expert to try and make sense of one of them.[break][break]

"I don't think these dreams — whatever they are — have finished yet, so there's not a lot I can tell you, but I'll answer any questions as best as I can."

[attr="class","gunstest5ooc"]

NOTES

I have an egg, is this how you hatch them? Idk but we'll see

[break][break]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
[newclass=.albaTemp]--accent:#7269d6;[/newclass]
[newclass=.albaTemp]font:12px Roboto;letter-spacing:.3px;line-height:17px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".albaTemp a"]font:12px Roboto;color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".albaTemp b"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".albaTemp i"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".albaTemp u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".albaTemp h1"]font:18px Poppins;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;letter-spacing:.5px[/newclass]
[newclass=".albaTemp h2"]font:16px Poppins;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;letter-spacing:.5px[/newclass]
[newclass=".albaTemp .tag"]letter-spacing:.5px;text-transform:uppercase;line-height:18px;font:800 14px Poppins;color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".albaTemp .post b"]font-size:14px;letter-spacing:.1px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".albaTemp .pkmn div"]background-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".albaTemp .pkmn img"]margin:5px -7px -10px -7px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".albaTemp .credit"]width:125px;background-color:#1c1c1c;font-size:10px;margin-top:7px;padding:3px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".albaTemp .credit a"]font-size:10px;font-weight:800;[/newclass]
[newclass=".albaTemp .fainted img"]filter:grayscale(100%);[/newclass]
[newclass=.rbynote]border-width: 9px 9px 9px 9px;border-style:solid;border-image: url('https://i.imgur.com/UUqNs3l.png') 9 9 9 9 repeat repeat;padding:6px 8px;color:#232323;text-align:justify;font:11px Calibri;letter-spacing:1px; margin-top:20px;background:#aaa;background-clip: padding-box;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

thorn

Gavin Merlino
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
creatures of habit, carrion flowers, growing from repeated crimes.
awards
7,863 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
What Dreams Are Made Of
POSTED ON Nov 22, 2023 18:25:36 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","twtgm"]
[attr="class","main"]

Hunger burns deep in the eyes of the underboss as their golden depths drink in nightmarish silhouettes. Musharna frightened him for their niche use in brainwashing, but he does not hesitate to encroach upon this one's space. It was a SHADOW POKEMON. It would not hurt him.
[break][break]

And if it did, Rocket's wrath would collapse upon the unfortunate subject.
[break][break]

He tears his attention away from the subject only when its keeper speaks. Curiosity still sharpens his gaze. There's a restlessness about him. Yet when he speaks, it is in the same calm, unaffected cadence for which Cillian Quinn was known.
[break][break]

"I have had strange dreams as well, of late."

[break][break]
He did not often share anything personal with others. Even struggled to get him to open up, at times. But for science, he divulges the secrets of dream. But not their contents.

[break][break]
"My Lycanroc has changed much like your Musharna, here. It's unlike anything I've seen."

[break][break]
The laboratories are full of equipment, mostly dormant.

[break][break]
"With your permission, I'll run tests to be later compared against an unaltered subject. How has the behaviour been affected, if at all?"

[break][break]
[attr="class","tag"]

[attr="class","pkmn"][break]

[newclass=.twtgm] --accent: #765d75; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm] width: 420px; margin: 0 auto; color: #aaa; font-family: arial; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; text-align:justify; padding-top: 20px; padding-bottom: 20px; line-height: 15px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .main] padding: 40px; background: #272727;[/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm b] color: var(--accent); font-size: 12px; font-family: arial; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm a] text-decoration: none; font-size: 11px; font-weight: lighter; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm h1, h2, h3] display: inline-block; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm h1] font-size: 13px; font-weight: lighter; color: var(--accent); letter-spacing: .5px; line-height: 0px; font-family: monospace; text-transform: uppercase; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: solid 1px var(--accent); [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .tag] text-align: right; padding-bottom: 5px; padding-top: 20px; font: 11px monospace; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .tag a] font: 12px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; color: var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .notes] text-align: justify; padding: 20px 20px 10px 20px; font: 10px monospace; letter-spacing: .3px; border-top: solid 1.5px #323232; height: auto; line-height: 15px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .notes h1] font: 16px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; text-transform: uppercase; color: var(--accent); text-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #1e1e1e; padding-bottom: 5px; text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .notes a] font: 10px Montserrat; color: var(--accent); [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm span] display: inline-block; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .pkmn] text-align: center; margin: 0 auto; background: var(--accent); padding: 5px; width: 410px; margin-left: -40px; margin-bottom: -40px; margin-top: 10px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .pkmn img] margin-top: -10px; padding-bottom: 5px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Oob

He/him
Twenty-five
November 17th
Opelucid City
Gay
Researcher
Grunt
idk height
idk height
Days fade into a watercolour blur / Memories swim and haunt you
awards
240 posts
Alba Evovae DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @alba
Alba Evovae
What Dreams Are Made Of
POSTED ON Dec 12, 2023 16:39:56 GMT
Alba Evovae Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","post"]

[attr="class","tag"]

Sleeping In Shadows

Musharna's eyes open as Cillian approaches. Red eyes are typical for the species, even if they rarely open, but the gaze it holds is uncharacteristic. It's like boiling blood in a bottle, held back by something glossy and fragile.[break][break]

It won't attack him. It can't attack him, the Harbinger of Shadow. Despite being changed through a dream, rather than by his hand, there is still an authority to him. Musharna's mist darkens, twists into ribbons, becomes a fleeting image of Lugia before collapsing again. Not a perfect replica, but a painting made solely from instinct.[break][break]

"In the dream, it tried to kill me— well, did kill me." Alba's expression shifts as he talks. It can't have— no, it didn't do it by its own free will. The howling thing must have made it… Anything else wouldn't make sense. Or he didn't want it to make sense.[break][break]

Regardless, the scientist keeps his personal emotion on a short leash, drowned in his own vials full of silver.[break][break]

"It hasn't tried since I've woken up, at least, but it messes with my dreams. It shows me nightmares, other people's dreams, that sort of thing." He doesn't sound perturbed by it; he talks about it like a friend's eccentricity.[break][break]

"Musharna's more… mm, 'aggressive' might not be the right word. It has fewer inhibitions? That seems more accurate. Something I've had to adjust to… but I've known it for a long time. We're managing."

NOTES

[break][break]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
[newclass=.albaTemp]font:12px Roboto;letter-spacing:.3px;line-height:17px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".albaTemp u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".albaTemp h1"]font:18px Poppins;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;letter-spacing:.5px[/newclass]
[newclass=".albaTemp h2"]font:16px Poppins;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;letter-spacing:.5px[/newclass]
[newclass=".albaTemp .tag"]letter-spacing:.5px;text-transform:uppercase;line-height:18px;font:800 14px Poppins;color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".albaTemp .credit"]width:125px;background-color:#1c1c1c;font-size:10px;margin-top:7px;padding:3px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.rbynote]border-width: 9px 9px 9px 9px;border-style:solid;border-image: url('https://i.imgur.com/UUqNs3l.png') 9 9 9 9 repeat repeat;padding:6px 8px;color:#232323;text-align:justify;font:11px Calibri;letter-spacing:1px; margin-top:20px;background:#aaa;background-clip: padding-box;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

thorn

Gavin Merlino
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
awards
7,863 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
What Dreams Are Made Of
POSTED ON Dec 15, 2023 14:35:21 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","twtgm"]
[attr="class","main"]

Cillian meets that blood-coloured gaze without hesitation, canting his head in fascination when its mist transforms into a flawed imitation of the Guardian. Fascinating.[break][break]

He looks at Alba only when the other speaks again, drawing his attention.[break][break]

"That's the common misconception, that they're all aggressive. Most are, of course, but there's exceptions to every rule. My Cryogonal is almost docile compared to the others. And not just because of my abilities."[break][break]

It was even oddly tolerant of others. To compensate, he'd built it up as a defender, that it might not develop the aggression of its shadowed siblings.[break][break]

Of siblings, he thinks of his own, laments the absence of Darkrai in 's life. Its connection to nightmares might be useful, in this case, but he felt far less secure in bothering with his scientific endeavours. Not until they'd borne good fruit, at least.[break][break]

Shelving the thought, he says, "My Lycanroc tried to tear out my throat, and I raised it from a pup. I wouldn't take it personally." Another might be distraught to see such change in a partner, but Cillian saw it as an upgrade. "Your Musharna, does it display any new abilities? New moves, perhaps?"

[break][break]
[attr="class","tag"]

[newclass=.twtgm] width: 420px; margin: 0 auto; color: #aaa; font-family: arial; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; text-align:justify; padding-top: 20px; padding-bottom: 20px; line-height: 15px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm b] color: var(--accent); font-size: 12px; font-family: arial; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm a] text-decoration: none; font-size: 11px; font-weight: lighter; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm h1] font-size: 13px; font-weight: lighter; color: var(--accent); letter-spacing: .5px; line-height: 0px; font-family: monospace; text-transform: uppercase; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: solid 1px var(--accent); [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .tag] text-align: right; padding-bottom: 5px; padding-top: 20px; font: 11px monospace; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .tag a] font: 12px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; color: var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .notes] text-align: justify; padding: 20px 20px 10px 20px; font: 10px monospace; letter-spacing: .3px; border-top: solid 1.5px #323232; height: auto; line-height: 15px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .notes h1] font: 16px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; text-transform: uppercase; color: var(--accent); text-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #1e1e1e; padding-bottom: 5px; text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .notes a] font: 10px Montserrat; color: var(--accent); [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .pkmn] text-align: center; margin: 0 auto; background: var(--accent); padding: 5px; width: 410px; margin-left: -40px; margin-bottom: -40px; margin-top: 10px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Oob

He/him
Twenty-five
November 17th
Opelucid City
Gay
Researcher
Grunt
idk height
idk height
awards
240 posts
Alba Evovae DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @alba
Alba Evovae
What Dreams Are Made Of
POSTED ON Jan 31, 2024 19:31:02 GMT
Alba Evovae Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","post"]

[attr="class","tag"]

Sleeping In Shadows

“Oh, is that right? Honestly, I’m not too familiar with Shadow Pokémon as a whole… I guess it’s been a learning experience for both of us.” It was unfamiliar yet familiar territory for both sides of the partnership.[break][break]

“Don’t worry, I won’t. I knew what I was getting into when— ah, I don’t think I explained that yet.” It wasn’t personal, of course it wasn’t. The fact that he’d retrieved his partner was proof of that, wasn’t it? And Cillian’s experience supported that. It was a learning experience for both of them… learning to navigate the various changes without falling apart.[break][break]

“Musharna? Use Shadow Storm.” He instructs his Pokémon as if it’s already completed his task: his voice holds the gentle arrogance of someone who is sure he will not be disobeyed. He is not; Musharna’s Dream Mist darkens and darkens, churning into an umbral tornado that sweeps across the lab. It doesn’t want to harm one of them, and doesn’t dare harm the other; everything else is attacked indiscriminately.[break][break]

“The dream made me choose: purify it, or let it remain a Shadow? I think you can guess the choice I made.”

NOTES

[break][break]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

thorn

Gavin Merlino
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
awards
7,863 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
What Dreams Are Made Of
POSTED ON Feb 1, 2024 13:07:52 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","twtgm"]
[attr="class","main"]

"Then you've done well in coming to me." Cillian doesn't bother to conceal his confidence. He might not know everything about Shadows, but he knew more than most.[break][break]

His lip quirks.[break][break]

"No need for explanation, though I appreciate the confirmation; I had a much similar experience. There was no question what I would do, given my abilities, but I'm impressed that those without such a blessing can see the clear value in Shadow Pokémon."[break][break]

In his mind, only the weak would choose purity over power.[break][break]

Loose objects within the lab are tossed about in a violent maelstrom, and Cillian looks delighted.[break][break]

"That's one of my favourites," he croons. "And Lugia's, as well. It's a sight to behold to see her use it." But they're not here to talk about her, so Cillian is quick to move on. "Do you know anyone else who's had the dream?"

[break][break]
[attr="class","tag"]

close tab

played by

Oob

He/him
Twenty-five
November 17th
Opelucid City
Gay
Researcher
Grunt
idk height
idk height
awards
240 posts
Alba Evovae DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @alba
Alba Evovae
What Dreams Are Made Of
POSTED ON Apr 6, 2024 17:25:26 GMT
Alba Evovae Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","post"]

[attr="class","tag"]

Sleeping In Shadows

It’s a confidence that’s earned, really. Who else could possibly be more knowledgeable about Shadow Pokémon than the avatar of Lugia itself?[break][break]

Herself. Just in case.[break][break]

If there’s one thing Admin Quinn is also an expert on, it’s apparently flattery. He’s impressed; Alba inclines his head and smiles to graciously accept the compliment. It was the only choice he could have made, of course. Purification wasn’t for the likes of him and Musharna.[break][break]

But this meeting was more than just an ego trip.[break][break]

“Shadow Pokémon created from this dream share the same traits as already existing Shadow Pokémon, like Lugia. So the question is, do they share the same cause, or is this something different, capable of making the same effect?” This wasn’t his area of expertise, but it was his job to research and development, without concern or discrimination.[break][break]

“Do you mind explaining what Shadow Pokémon are, exactly? Maybe that’ll help shine a light on what exactly is happening here.”

NOTES

[break][break]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

thorn

Gavin Merlino
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
awards
7,863 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
What Dreams Are Made Of
POSTED ON Apr 8, 2024 15:31:02 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","twtgm"]
[attr="class","main"]

"If only we could ask them," Cillian laments, then starts with a sudden idea. His golden eyes grow wide with fervour, a slow smile spreading to expose sharp canines. "Perhaps we can. How adept is your Musharna at utilizing its Dream Mist?"[break][break]

His fingers flex with excitement. They need to get to a lab, get recording equipment![break][break]

"And how well does it understand you, do you think? If we can ask it to paint a picture of how it turned out this way, perhaps..."[break][break]

But he was putting the cart several steps before the horse, at this point. Reining in his excitement at the question, Cillian adopts a more level tone as he explains, "To my knowledge, they're Pokémon that have been corrupted by Ultra Beast toxins or — in the case of those imbued with black crystals — Necrozma." The underboss seems to tense at the name. It may be loosely on their side now, thanks to , but he doesn't trust it. Doesn't trust Zev any more because of it. It had turned his best friend against him. had tried to kill him. "It seems to harden their hearts, so to speak. They struggle with affection and become hyper-aggressive... most of the time. I've witnessed exceptions. A Togekiss, and my own Cryogonal. But for the most part."[break][break]

His smile, faded at the mention of Necrozma, returns. "They also get stronger, and often utilize abilities or moves they lacked before. Like your Musharna's Shadow Storm."

[break][break]
[attr="class","tag"]

WRITE REPLY

QUICK REPLY

it's a long life full of long nights