[attr="class","adrie-b"]
[attr="class","adrie-c"]
[attr="class","adrie-lyric2"]I'll be your CONTRADICTION
[attr="class","top-acc"]
[attr="class","adrie-content1"]
[attr="class","adrie-content2"]
[attr="class","adrie-img"]
[attr="class","adrie-img2"]
[attr="class","inner-finally"]For someone who'd come out of a rough battle just a few days ago, Eris is a rather chipper child. Her steps carry her all across the land, Clodsire bucket filled to the brim with water as she clutches tight to her satchel flailing in the wind. Nursing her wounds has never felt easier than ever, especially when considering she has both and fretting over her health more than she does.[break][break]

Right now, she's in dire need of a good patch of land. All to grow and propagate the strange coloured herbs she'd picked from that strange swamp cave full of megalopolans. And of course, when had expressed interest in the plants, she had invited him along to her little farming adventure.[break][break]

Pausing in her tracks, Eris looks back towards her companion, quietly gestures to her own head then to his own.[break][break]

"How's...?"
[attr="class","bottome-acc"]
[attr="class","adrie-note"] || mission

KAY OF PIXEL PERFECT[break][break]
[newclass=".adrie-cover"]background:#2B2B2B;border:solid 1px #2B2B2B;width:450px;padding:10px;margin:0 auto;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-ban"]position:relative;z-index:0;background:url(https://i.imgur.com/rd13hMM.jpg);-webkit-clip-path:polygon(50% 0%,100% 0,100% 75%,0 100%,0 0);clip-path:polygon(50% 0%,100% 0,100% 75%,0 100%,0 0);width:450px;height:200px;overflow:hidden;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-lyric1"]font-size:10px;color:#fff;letter-spacing:4px;position:absolute;text-transform:uppercase;font-family:roboto;text-align:right;padding-top:6px;margin-left:12px;text-shadow:1px 1px 0 #555,-1px -1px 0 #555,1px -1px 0 #555,-1px 1px 0 #555,3px 3px 5px #555;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-lyric2"]font-size:10px;color:#fff;letter-spacing:4px;position:absolute;text-transform:uppercase;font-family:roboto;text-align:right;padding-top:6px;margin-left:125px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-lyric2 b"]font-size:11px;color:#f41111;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-b"]width:0;height:276px;overflow:hidden;margin-left:-50px;transform:skew(-20deg);transition:width 1s ease;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-cover:hover .adrie-b"]width:600px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-c"]width:590px;height:200px;transform:skew(20deg);margin-left:-78px;background-image:linear-gradient(rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.3), rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.3)), url(https://i.imgur.com/LkangdN.jpg);background-position:114px 0;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-content1"]background-image:url(https://i.imgur.com/vQW3tEE.png);padding-top:40px;margin-top:-50px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-content2"]font-size:10px;line-height:14px;color:#a9a9a9;padding:40px;background:rgba(255,255,255,0);text-align:justify;font-family:arial;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-content2 b"]color:#b76e79;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-bg"]background:#f1f1f1;border:solid 1px #2B2B2B;width:150px;margin-top:10px;height:400px;background-attachment:fixed;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-heads"]font-size:10px;text-transform:uppercase;font-family:roboto;letter-spacing:1px;background:#f9f9f9;color:#444;font-weight:900;border:solid 1px #2B2B2B;width:115px;margin-top:20px;font-size:9px;margin-left:5px;padding:10px 0px 10px 20px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-icon"]transition:0.2s all;opacity:0;position:absolute;margin-top:16px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-note"]font-size:8px;text-align:center;font-family:roboto;letter-spacing:3px;padding-top:18px;color:#fff;text-transform:uppercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-note a"]font-size:8px;font-family:roboto;letter-spacing:3px;text-transform:uppercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-solid"]background:#ca3f46;height:20px;margin-top:3px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".bottome-acc"]background:#581717;background-attachment:fixed;height:50px;margin-top:-25px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-img img"]margin-top:-80px;position:relative;position:absolute;margin-left:-30px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-cover:hover .adrie-note"]transition:0.6s all;opacity:1;[/newclass]
[newclass=".top-acc"]-webkit-clip-path:polygon(0 90%,100% 55%,100% 100%,0% 100%);clip-path:polygon(0 90%,100% 50%,100% 100%,0% 100%);background:#581717;height:100px;margin-top:-100px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-img2 img"]shape-outside:circle(50%)!important;float:left;[/newclass]
[newclass=".inner-finally"]padding:20px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Magnetic

Admin Fox
He/Him
May 9th
Rustboro City
Bisexual
Archaeologist
Rocket Admin
An observer of eons cannot feel the warmth of another.
Single
5'9 (with hat) height
5'9 (with hat) height
The future will tempt you, the present will indulge you, but the past will shackle you.
awards
3,177 posts
part of
TAG WITH @magnetic
howard slayte
SNIFFA || c
POSTED ON Nov 26, 2023 20:13:03 GMT
howard slayte Avatar
Ah, Fallarbor. Fallarbor, not Fallaber. The city was Hoenn's breadbasket. The volcanic ash from Mt. Chimney ensured the land here was fertile, and it was far away from the battlefield of Team Rocket and the Pokemon League. It reminded Howard of Dewford in that sense, even though Dewford had seen its fair amount of battles.

Hopefully Fallarbor remained untouched, given its importance for food production. Hoenn had a laundry list of problems. It didn't need a foot shortage on top.

Besides, this was an interesting experiment. and Howard were jointly working on a farming experiment in Ultra Desert. This was simply... a joint follow-up of Route 119 and that experiment! Two birds with one stone. Plus, the stash that he was peddling to Shred Zeppelin had ran out instantly. Three birds with one stone.

Man, Howard was good at his job.

"This is a nice plot!" Howard looked at the small garden, fenced in with a small gate. The soil looked good, as well. It wasn't made of Stakataka bricks, so there was that. "Nice and... loamy?"

Was he... ignoring the incident? It was admittedly pretty shameful. Maybe Howard was experiencing residual damage.

close tab

played by

myriascope

rosie
she / her
October 14
Vermilion City, Kanto
unknown
demolition expert
Civilian
But I still believe, someday this lie will set me free
awards
5,236 posts
Eris Halla DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @eris
Eris Halla
SNIFFA || c
POSTED ON Nov 28, 2023 10:37:24 GMT
Eris Halla Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","adrie-cover"]
[attr="class","adrie-ban"]
[attr="class","adrie-lyric1"]To the monster you became
[attr="class","adrie-b"]
[attr="class","adrie-c"]
[attr="class","top-acc"]
[attr="class","inner-finally"]Ah, well, if he's ignoring the event then so too shall she. Something about putting stuff behind them, especially now that they've gotten even with one another, right?[break][break]

"Azalea helps." The name draws out a rather small critter from her satchel, the Shaymin yawning as she sticks her head right out into the sun. And for once, Reiner is actually rather accepting of their presence, teeth glistening within the sun as he too does a big yawn.[break][break]

Kneeling down to the patch, Eris gently settles Azalea right onto the ground before rummaging around in her satchel.[break][break]

"So uhm... What does loamy mean? A- also, what happened to the bear?"

[newclass=".adrie-cover"]background:#2B2B2B;border:solid 1px #2B2B2B;width:450px;padding:10px;margin:0 auto;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-ban"]position:relative;z-index:0;background:url(https://i.imgur.com/rd13hMM.jpg);-webkit-clip-path:polygon(50% 0%,100% 0,100% 75%,0 100%,0 0);clip-path:polygon(50% 0%,100% 0,100% 75%,0 100%,0 0);width:450px;height:200px;overflow:hidden;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-lyric1"]font-size:10px;color:#fff;letter-spacing:4px;position:absolute;text-transform:uppercase;font-family:roboto;text-align:right;padding-top:6px;margin-left:12px;text-shadow:1px 1px 0 #555,-1px -1px 0 #555,1px -1px 0 #555,-1px 1px 0 #555,3px 3px 5px #555;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-lyric2"]font-size:10px;color:#fff;letter-spacing:4px;position:absolute;text-transform:uppercase;font-family:roboto;text-align:right;padding-top:6px;margin-left:125px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-b"]width:0;height:276px;overflow:hidden;margin-left:-50px;transform:skew(-20deg);transition:width 1s ease;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-c"]width:590px;height:200px;transform:skew(20deg);margin-left:-78px;background-image:linear-gradient(rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.3), rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.3)), url(https://i.imgur.com/LkangdN.jpg);background-position:114px 0;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-content1"]background-image:url(https://i.imgur.com/vQW3tEE.png);padding-top:40px;margin-top:-50px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-content2"]font-size:10px;line-height:14px;color:#a9a9a9;padding:40px;background:rgba(255,255,255,0);text-align:justify;font-family:arial;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-bg"]background:#f1f1f1;border:solid 1px #2B2B2B;width:150px;margin-top:10px;height:400px;background-attachment:fixed;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-heads"]font-size:10px;text-transform:uppercase;font-family:roboto;letter-spacing:1px;background:#f9f9f9;color:#444;font-weight:900;border:solid 1px #2B2B2B;width:115px;margin-top:20px;font-size:9px;margin-left:5px;padding:10px 0px 10px 20px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-icon"]transition:0.2s all;opacity:0;position:absolute;margin-top:16px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-note"]font-size:8px;text-align:center;font-family:roboto;letter-spacing:3px;padding-top:18px;color:#fff;text-transform:uppercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-note a"]font-size:8px;font-family:roboto;letter-spacing:3px;text-transform:uppercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-solid"]background:#ca3f46;height:20px;margin-top:3px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".bottome-acc"]background:#581717;background-attachment:fixed;height:50px;margin-top:-25px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-img img"]margin-top:-80px;position:relative;position:absolute;margin-left:-30px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-cover:hover .adrie-note"]transition:0.6s all;opacity:1;[/newclass]
[newclass=".top-acc"]-webkit-clip-path:polygon(0 90%,100% 55%,100% 100%,0% 100%);clip-path:polygon(0 90%,100% 50%,100% 100%,0% 100%);background:#581717;height:100px;margin-top:-100px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-img2 img"]shape-outside:circle(50%)!important;float:left;[/newclass]

close tab

played by

Magnetic

Admin Fox
He/Him
May 9th
Rustboro City
Bisexual
Archaeologist
Rocket Admin
Single
5'9 (with hat) height
5'9 (with hat) height
The future will tempt you, the present will indulge you, but the past will shackle you.
awards
3,177 posts
part of
TAG WITH @magnetic
howard slayte
SNIFFA || c
POSTED ON Nov 29, 2023 10:24:08 GMT
howard slayte Avatar
"It means..." Howard blinked. He had been preparing to give an extremely complex lecture about soil composition. It'd fly over Eris's head, but she'd probably ask questions until she figured it out. That was just how the ex-Rocket was.

It warmed his heart.

"It means the brick is really good!" Howard tried for a smile. His head rang with a familiar bell sound as he remembered the events north of Dewford. The archaeologist blinked. "Soil. The soil is really good!

Howard watched the Shaymin work its magic, and whistled. This would be an excellent asset for the terraforming project in Ultra Desert, should he and Oscar succeed. Maybe he could get Eris's help with it if he offered her cotton candy, or something. Reaching for his belt, Howard tossed out his Excadrill and Dugtrio.

"The bear? He's been an exciting research partner! His ball broke in my apartment and I almost suffocated, but I'm fine." Dugtrio and Excadrill began to till the fields with Rototiller while Howard whistled. "Do you miss him?"

close tab

played by

myriascope

rosie
she / her
October 14
Vermilion City, Kanto
unknown
demolition expert
Civilian
awards
5,236 posts
Eris Halla DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @eris
Eris Halla
SNIFFA || c
POSTED ON Nov 30, 2023 9:11:32 GMT
Eris Halla Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","adrie-b"]
[attr="class","adrie-c"]
[attr="class","top-acc"]
[attr="class","inner-finally"]The Freudian slip almost makes her laugh, but she won't harp on it as time goes on. Instead, she nods at his explanation -[break][break]

"What makes good soil? Water? All that stuff that plants need to make food?" Out of her bag comes a cloth wrapped around a bunch of herba mysticas, a red one plucked out of the bunch as she digs out a spot for it. "Isn't it cool that plants make food all by themselves? With sunlight, right? What if people could also do it themselves?"[break][break]

Then no one would ever go hungry. No one would ever know that strange sensation of tapping at bones through skin. No one would ever know that pain at the bottom of your stomach, that you endure for so long until one day it vanishes and leaves you with a fatigue you can't shake off.[break][break]

"How did you almost suffocate?" Blinking, she tries very much to understand just what kind of living conditions he's dealing with. "Did he sit on you? How heavy is he?" Also, how does a bear conduct research...?"[break][break]

Perhaps, it's like how Reiner helps her to conduct research, allowing her to draw blood samples and look at those funky little cells. Or how he helps her to hold her corkboard up while she tries to connect the dots.

close tab

played by

Magnetic

Admin Fox
He/Him
May 9th
Rustboro City
Bisexual
Archaeologist
Rocket Admin
Single
5'9 (with hat) height
5'9 (with hat) height
awards
3,177 posts
part of
TAG WITH @magnetic
howard slayte
SNIFFA || c
POSTED ON Dec 1, 2023 4:30:59 GMT
howard slayte Avatar
"Heavy. Obscenely so." Howard said grimly, almost haunted. The bear had definitely sat on him. "Much like his ball."

The Gigaton Ball was quite heavy, but that was besides the point. Howard had been researching the mechanics of the ball, but his engineering knowledge was lacking. As a result, he was forced to hit the books. The bear helped by ensuring that Howard couldn't leave the library.

Mostly by blocking the door. Stupid idiot bear.

"I wish we could feed ourselves with just sunlight." Howard thought about slashing his food bill to zero. "Instead, we farm."

Taking a knee, Howard took a clump of upturned dirt and put it to his lips. Clumps of plant matter, insects, mixed together with differing granules of soil. Even if Howard wasn't a professional when it came to agriculture, he did have experience with geology. Rocks were cool, and dirt was just smaller rocks.

"Water, access to lots of nutrients. To plants, this soil is like a feast of Yeggo waffles. If we were to plant these in, say, Slateport, there's no feast. No waffles. Only sadness."

As Howard inspected the soil, the Gigaton Ball at his belt began to rattle, before erupting in a burst of light. Doug yawned, blinked, and looked around.

"Grrr?"

close tab

played by

myriascope

rosie
she / her
October 14
Vermilion City, Kanto
unknown
demolition expert
Civilian
awards
5,236 posts
Eris Halla DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @eris
Eris Halla
SNIFFA || c
POSTED ON Dec 1, 2023 10:55:00 GMT
Eris Halla Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","adrie-b"]
[attr="class","adrie-c"]
[attr="class","top-acc"]
[attr="class","inner-finally"]"Old tech sure is wild. Do you need to charge it with steam for it to work?" Though its presence in their world is an anomaly, there is still a rush that one can get from trying to understand the way it works. But when she looks over to Howard once more, she kind of wishes that she didn't.[break][break]

"Are... you eating dirt? Just cos it's like Yeggo waffles to plants doesn't mean that it's the same for you!" Frowning, she looks to both Reiner and Doug to back her up. "If you're really that desperate, I've got sandwiches to share... I hope he isn't feeding you dirt, Mister Bear!"

close tab

played by

Magnetic

Admin Fox
He/Him
May 9th
Rustboro City
Bisexual
Archaeologist
Rocket Admin
Single
5'9 (with hat) height
5'9 (with hat) height
awards
3,177 posts
part of
TAG WITH @magnetic
howard slayte
SNIFFA || c
POSTED ON Dec 1, 2023 20:02:47 GMT
howard slayte Avatar
"Steam and a wind-up mechanism." Howard said as Doug wandered close to Eris. The bear sniffed her, then licked her face, before curling up to snooze. Howard nodded to himself and turned to Eris, pointedly ignoring the bear.

After almost getting crushed by an Ursaluna, you learned to accept a defective ball.

"Listen, I spent eight years being taught about rocks. If anyone gets to taste dirt, it's me." Howard puffed his chest out proudly, as if suffering through grad school was something to be proud of. Tasting it just happened to be faster than testing soil samples. Besides, it wasn't even required here. In Fallarbor, all of the soil was good.

Howard was simply checking for the best, when he started hauling topsoil. Depending on how this little experiment went, revitalizing Ultra Desert might actually be possible.

"The bear is a rare artifact, and the central piece of my paper! He only eats the finest food money can buy!" The bear snored in agreement, and Howard clapped his hands, beaming. "You brought food? Huzzah! I haven't eaten in a day and a half! Thank you, little lady!"

close tab

played by

myriascope

rosie
she / her
October 14
Vermilion City, Kanto
unknown
demolition expert
Civilian
awards
5,236 posts
Eris Halla DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @eris
Eris Halla
SNIFFA || c
POSTED ON Dec 9, 2023 4:38:09 GMT
Eris Halla Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","adrie-b"]
[attr="class","adrie-c"]
[attr="class","top-acc"]
[attr="class","inner-finally"]Being licked by an ancient bear really wasn't part of her yearly bingo, but she lets it happen anyways, hugging him in return before subtly attempting to rub all the saliva off onto its fur. And oh, is Reiner happy not to be included in that mess, squinting with mouth slightly agape in disgust.[break][break]

The scent of bear will surely stick to her for the next few hours.[break][break]

"How long do you have to wind it up for?" A quick question to redirect the topic - After all, licking a rock is how got infected in the first place. To this day, she still fears something similar happening to someone else she knows.[break][break]

"Mister Bear isn't an artifact either. He's a real, living being." Frowning at Howard, she lets her gaze drift over the dozing Ursaluna. With how he's seated himself in the dead centre of the field, Azalea lets out a few disgruntled barks before continuing to dig the earth in a circle around his gigantic ass. "I'm kinda scared to know what kind of finest food you can buy with your money."[break][break]

Wasn't he broke? Or something about him not having enough money all the time? Sighing, she reaches back into her satchel and pulls out a Skitty-patterned lunchbox. Within it are several sandwiches with a variety of fillings, and to top things off, a small serving of fruits on the side. A perfectly balanced meal, under 's guidance.[break][break]

"You really shouldn't skip meals. It's bad for you."

close tab

played by

Magnetic

Admin Fox
He/Him
May 9th
Rustboro City
Bisexual
Archaeologist
Rocket Admin
Single
5'9 (with hat) height
5'9 (with hat) height
awards
3,177 posts
part of
TAG WITH @magnetic
howard slayte
SNIFFA || c
POSTED ON Dec 10, 2023 6:50:35 GMT
howard slayte Avatar
"Hm? Oh. You turn this little dial about thirty times, and each time you open the ball, the mechanism unwinds slightly. It's a wonderful piece of tech. I'll show you, some time."

Howard viewed everything as an artifact. It was just the type of person that he was. When everything kept a small section of history within it, everything could be considered an artifact. Even Eris's lunch box was an artifact. If someone uncovered it someday, mankind would learn how food was stored.

History was spectacular.

"Hey, it's nothing scary! Look, I even have the receipt!" Howard stuck his hand into his pocket and pulled out a slip of paper from the Croager store near his apartment. As the two gathered around Eris's Skitty lunchbox, Eris would get the chance to peruse the most deranged receipt known to man.

Cabbages (20) - 4 PD

Beef stock - 5 PD

Razz berries (4) - 2 PD

Saltine crackers (40) - 30 PD

Yeah, that sounded pretty normal for Howard, if his Carbink was anything to go by. Yet the receipt kept going.

Grade 1 Miltank Cuts (Butcher) - 9000 PD

Golden Razz Berries (40) - 400 PD

King Kingler (5) - 900 PD

"See? I can skip meals! The bear can't!" Howard beamed at her, unaware of how atrociously balanced this receipt was. How did he even have this much money?

close tab

played by

myriascope

rosie
she / her
October 14
Vermilion City, Kanto
unknown
demolition expert
Civilian
awards
5,236 posts
Eris Halla DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @eris
Eris Halla
SNIFFA || c
POSTED ON Dec 24, 2023 6:22:00 GMT
Eris Halla Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","adrie-b"]
[attr="class","adrie-c"]
[attr="class","top-acc"]
[attr="class","inner-finally"]It only takes a brief glimpse for her eyes to widen. And she blinks several times, rubbing at her right eye -[break][break]

"Howard... I think I sniffed too much of the plant..." She whines, pursing her lips as she tries her hardest to stare at her palms. Are the lines moving? They have to be. Even Reiner seems a little concerned for her now, trying to sneak a peek at the receipt to see just what distresses her so and promptly having his jaw slack at what he finds.[break][break]

"I'm seeing a whole lotta zeros."

close tab

played by

Magnetic

Admin Fox
He/Him
May 9th
Rustboro City
Bisexual
Archaeologist
Rocket Admin
Single
5'9 (with hat) height
5'9 (with hat) height
awards
3,177 posts
part of
TAG WITH @magnetic
howard slayte
SNIFFA || c
POSTED ON Dec 24, 2023 7:14:20 GMT
howard slayte Avatar
"Nonsense. The soil shouldn't have any methane in it. You should be perfectly fine!" Howard leaned down and gave the plants a firm sniffa. He looked up at her, frowning in confusion. "See, perfectly fine."

He turned to Azalea. "Right?"

The Shaymin gave no reply. Another win for Howard Slayte.

"Right." Doug growled in agreement, and Howard leaned forward to pluck the receipt from Eris's fingers. Who knew how much irreparable damage had been done to Eris's developing brain? Yet it was an important lesson to teach the young trainer: the lesson of financial mismanagement.

Something that had brought empires to heel in the old days.

"That's not too many zeroes. If you want to see a lot of zeroes, you should see the Kalosian duke's crown that I bought the other week at auction. Now there's an expensive piece!"

close tab

played by

myriascope

rosie
she / her
October 14
Vermilion City, Kanto
unknown
demolition expert
Civilian
awards
5,236 posts
Eris Halla DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @eris
Eris Halla
SNIFFA || c
POSTED ON Dec 31, 2023 13:11:11 GMT
Eris Halla Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","adrie-b"]
[attr="class","adrie-c"]
[attr="class","top-acc"]
[attr="class","inner-finally"]When asked for an opinion, Azalea begins barking madly at the man, her quills bristling as she stamps her feet against the ground. Clearly, she has much to say about how close Howard's put his face to the plants. But when he's accompanied by a giant bear that could probably chomp her in one go, she has to watch how she challenges him.[break][break]

"What's so important about that Kalosian duke?" Once, he had told her that he wasn't a rich idiot. So his spending on this piece must mean that there's a story tied to this historical figure. As she speaks, she regathers her wits about her, helping the Shaymin to pat the earth down where requested.[break][break]

"And what did you do with the crown?"

close tab

played by

Magnetic

Admin Fox
He/Him
May 9th
Rustboro City
Bisexual
Archaeologist
Rocket Admin
Single
5'9 (with hat) height
5'9 (with hat) height
awards
3,177 posts
part of
TAG WITH @magnetic
howard slayte
SNIFFA || c
POSTED ON Jan 1, 2024 2:53:13 GMT
howard slayte Avatar
"Because he was a good man who was killed by his brother, and it passed from person to person in that noble house. The stories of many bled into that crown, and now it's an item stained with sin." Howard shrugged self-consciously. "I wanted to appreciate it for the man who owned it, not for the people who killed for it."

Preserve the past. Ensure that each story is not forgotten. That was the goal that Howard Slayte had given for himself. Yet he felt like no matter how much he tried, something was slipping away. Hoenn was slipping away, even as its history came back to life. He felt like the crown's first owner, buried.

Except now he was a Rocket Admin, filling the position left by Remiel Calcifet.

Doug grunted and sniffed at the Shaymin, before groaning and falling asleep again. A lazy, slow, and silly guardian angel, protecting Howard from the might of Azalea. A silent protector, guarding in the night.

"Do you want to know why I asked for your help with farming?"

close tab

played by

myriascope

rosie
she / her
October 14
Vermilion City, Kanto
unknown
demolition expert
Civilian
awards
5,236 posts
Eris Halla DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @eris
Eris Halla
SNIFFA || c
POSTED ON Jan 3, 2024 9:51:43 GMT
Eris Halla Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","adrie-b"]
[attr="class","adrie-c"]
[attr="class","top-acc"]
[attr="class","inner-finally"]Betrayal hurts the worst when it comes from your blind spots. Power is a monster that drives one to madness, helplessness a whip that ensures that they continue their pursuit.[break][break]

"He must have been a really good man if you know of his story." Perhaps, nice enough to help keep her mind off the possible figures that Howard spent on his belonging. "I wanna know what he did, so I can also appreciate it! And tell others that about what he did too!"[break][break]

Like him, stories of the past are things she hopes to carry to the future. And perhaps one day, her own story will be told by generations to come.[break][break]

"Hmm... it's either that you wanna learn how to grow food yourself. Or you need to learn how to fix withered lands."[break][break]

Perhaps, it's tied to an assignment he must complete in Rocket's stead. But she figures it best not to drive the stake into his back anymore than she already has in the past.[break][break]

"Did I get it right?"

img
The Shula Region
Hogwarts AU
RPG Unlimited
MR
The Enroi Region
N:FB
Vyrehaven
Celestial Guardians, AU Sailor Moon RP
EO GENESIS
Code and Crown: An advanced literate warriors cats RP, set in medieval times