Lavender Town, Kanto
heterosexual
hitman
rocket beast
nenet nzingha
starstruck ✨
6'3" / 190 cm height
6'3" / 190 cm height
Murderers are not monsters, they're men. And that's the most frightening thing about them.
awards
2,675 posts
Zev Harcourt DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @zev
Zev Harcourt
CLOAK & DAGGER [M]
POSTED ON Nov 28, 2023 15:15:45 GMT
Zev Harcourt Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","zev3"]
[attr="class","body"]

A chill settled across Sootopolis, brought on by the lateness of autumn. Despite Hoenn's normally tropical climate, Kyurem's influence on the region remained, promising another cold, snowy winter.[break][break]

Zev didn't mind. He'd grown up with four seasons. And now that he stored light within his body, he remained warm at all times.[break][break]

On that particular day, he sat in a semi-private alcove of a quiet café, watching the entrance. He had arranged to meet there. The blonde man had proven both useful and obedient ever since his recruitment, and Zev wanted to capitalize on that before anyone else.[break][break]

On the table in front of the Rocket Beast was a plain, ordinary manila folder and a cup of black coffee. Even though he was getting more sleep after closing his bar, old habits died hard.[break][break]

And anyway, he liked the bitterness.

[break][break][break]

TAGS[break]
NOTESmission

[attr="class","credit"]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[newclass=".zev3"]--accent:#975fb2;font:13px Roboto;[/newclass]
[newclass=".zev3 b"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".zev3 i"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".zev3 u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".zev3 a"]font:13px Roboto;color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".zev3 h1"]font:16px Roboto;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=".zev3 h2"]font:14px Roboto;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=".zev3 .body"]background-image:url("https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png");background-position:bottom;background-repeat:no-repeat;text-align:justify;[/newclass]
[newclass=".zev3 .pkmn img"]margin:-10px -7px 0px -7px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".zev3 .credit"]font-size:13px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

howitzer

sky, finn charbonneau
he/him
february 18
virbank city, unova
demisexual
writer
associate
disguised smoke and mirrors tuning the inner eye, the link the infinite lies within the dreamscape
awards
70 posts
part of
TAG WITH @schuyler
schuyler tate
CLOAK & DAGGER [M]
POSTED ON Dec 1, 2023 18:16:13 GMT
schuyler tate Avatar
Schuyler turned his wrist over to eye the watch face on the underside. With the hustle and bustle of the holiday season, there remained plenty of foot traffic. It almost made him sick. Once he finally reached the café that Zev had mentioned, Schuyler broke free from the crowd and slipped right in. It seemed a bit odd to meet in Sootopolis, but in hindsight, it was the only way to openly speak of Rocket dealings. Schuyler took to maintaining a civilian persona quite well, he hoped not to tie his work into that. He approached the counter and ordered an iced matcha latte with a pump of french vanilla.

As he approached the table, his eyes immediately met the folder that Zev had sat out in front of him. A brow quirked as he met the Rocket Beast's eyes. A new mission? Or maybe something more. He didn't dawdle, rather immediately pulled up a seat and sat his drink down on the small table. Though he always seemed to have a touch of gruffness in his body language, it seemed amplified.

Maybe whatever was in that folder could explain why. Schuyler offered a hand out to Zev to accept the folder from him. He wasn't one to take things that weren't his own without some form of permission.

"Something from our last mission? Or something completely unrelated?"

He didn't seem to mind either way. Business was business, and he found that he seemed to enjoy working with Zev. It's why he didn't seem to mind meeting him during one of the busiest shopping seasons. At least someone had passerbys occupied with some pamphlets around for a man who called himself Father Winter the 2nd. Maybe that's why the café wasn't as active as it could have been.

⚰︎ divider made by milky!
close tab

played by

gunsmile

The Devourer
he / him
January 8
Lavender Town, Kanto
heterosexual
hitman
rocket beast
nenet nzingha
starstruck ✨
6'3" / 190 cm height
6'3" / 190 cm height
Murderers are not monsters, they're men. And that's the most frightening thing about them.
awards
2,675 posts
Zev Harcourt DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @zev
Zev Harcourt
CLOAK & DAGGER [M]
POSTED ON Dec 1, 2023 20:33:08 GMT
Zev Harcourt Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","zev3"]
[attr="class","body"]

Not only was Schuyler prompt, arriving at the café at the appointed time, but he was also astute. He held out a hand for the folder as soon as he sat down. Zev saw no reason to dawdle, either, and passed the folder over.[break][break]

Inside were several documents:[break][break]

Five files, each one containing all the information Team Rocket had gathered about specific individuals. Four had names: Father Winter, Quanto, Nisa Holo, and Maldacena. The fifth's name was marked 'unknown', but an image taken from the RKS Simulation machine and attached to the paper showed a woman with white hair and black clothing.[break][break]

Separate reports from the August 2021 cook-off, the Star Soiree, previous encounters with Father Winter, the Fleur Tea Atelier's Tiered Tea Room challenge, the Cloud, the day of the meteoroid impact, Rondez-view of Luv, and scenarios in the RKS Simulation machine.[break][break]

And a small excerpt taken from Zev's own report describing his encounter with the white-haired woman in another universe.[break][break]

"Unrelated," the Beast said, before picking up his cup of coffee and taking a sip. "How familiar are you with the group calling themselves the DRK Triad?"

[break][break][break]

TAGS[break]
NOTESmission

[attr="class","credit"]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[newclass=".zev3 u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".zev3 h1"]font:16px Roboto;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=".zev3 h2"]font:14px Roboto;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=".zev3 .body"]background-image:url("https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png");background-position:bottom;background-repeat:no-repeat;text-align:justify;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

howitzer

sky, finn charbonneau
he/him
february 18
virbank city, unova
demisexual
writer
associate
disguised smoke and mirrors tuning the inner eye, the link the infinite lies within the dreamscape
awards
70 posts
part of
TAG WITH @schuyler
schuyler tate
CLOAK & DAGGER [M]
POSTED ON Dec 2, 2023 17:26:45 GMT
schuyler tate Avatar
With every bit of information offered, it dawned upon him. The name "Father Winter" stuck out the most. Without any hesitation, Schuyler pulled out one of the flyers he'd taken out of curiosity and unfolded it before he offered it out to Zev. The note that Father Winter the 2nd posted about. It was shocking to see that the same man who was supposed to come down families' chimneys also represented a member of the DRK Triad. Brows knit together as he looked up at Zev again.

"Familiar enough with the word 'triad' to know it doesn't tend to mean 'five or more'," he joked. "But otherwise, not much of anything. Unova's been broadcasting a lot of the stuff going on here, sure, but I'm pretty sure the news just grouped them in with Megalopolans."

The curse of relaying information rather than experiencing it, he supposed. Another glance back down at the file before him, notes of how Zev himself encountered one of the members and even went as far as to try and kill her. Credit was accrued to her Unown-A for survival but... Well, he didn't doubt Zev's resolve nor power in the slightest, but most folks with a plan always came prepared. Interesting. He'd like to meet this woman one day -- any of the DRK Triad actually. They posed an obvious threat, but what was truly their goal in coming here?

Schuyler took a sip of his drink and carefully perused the papers once more. Soon thereafter, he took a pen out and began to carefully circle dates marked on the documents. As he glanced at the circled dates, his brows furrowed in frustration. It appeared they had nothing in common, though plenty of the events gathered within the times of Fall and Winter -- likely just a coincidence. But as he glanced back down at the paper he'd offered out to Zev, he met the man's eyes once more.

"As juvenile as this is, this paper seems to be the best bet in seeing any of the DRK Triad members. I'll humor him and write a letter in my free time."

He'd advise Zev to do the same if he wanted to take on any of the names he mentioned in his report.

close tab

played by

gunsmile

The Devourer
he / him
January 8
Lavender Town, Kanto
heterosexual
hitman
rocket beast
nenet nzingha
starstruck ✨
6'3" / 190 cm height
6'3" / 190 cm height
awards
2,675 posts
Zev Harcourt DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @zev
Zev Harcourt
CLOAK & DAGGER [M]
POSTED ON Dec 3, 2023 18:47:21 GMT
Zev Harcourt Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","zev3"]
[attr="class","body"]

Zev took the flyer from Schuyler and scanned its contents. He'd already seen the advertisements from "Father Winter" posted throughout Sootopolis, so the text was immediately familiar to him.[break][break]

"Father Winter died last November at Mt. Pyre," he said to Schuyler—a detail written down in the profile the blonde held in his hands. "I have my suspicions about who this second Father Winter could be. A successor, maybe."[break][break]

His gaze lowered to the flyer again as he took another sip from his cup.[break][break]

"I'll write a letter, too. The more information we can get, the better. But we can't rely on them to be truthful with us. Of course, our organization is hard at work investigating the DRK Triad, but if we can find out what the League knows, too, then all the better."[break][break]

Zev folded the sheet of paper again and handed it back to Schuyler. He leaned in, resting his arms on the table between them.[break][break]

"You moved here recently from Unova." It wasn't a question but an observation. "As a result, you're completely unknown by the League government. You have no ties to crime. So you're perfectly suited to getting close to Rangers, Officers, and anyone working for the League."

[break][break][break]

TAGS[break]
NOTESmission

[attr="class","credit"]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

close tab

played by

howitzer

sky, finn charbonneau
he/him
february 18
virbank city, unova
demisexual
writer
associate
awards
70 posts
part of
TAG WITH @schuyler
schuyler tate
CLOAK & DAGGER [M]
POSTED ON Dec 30, 2023 14:52:50 GMT
schuyler tate Avatar
As Zev proposed the idea, the wheels and gears in Schuyler's mind began to turn. The Rocket Beast was right, he posed the perfect opportunity to infiltrate, especially given his work as a civilian and work as a member of Team Rocket remained starkly separated. A faint smile tugged at his lips as he finally dared to speak on the matter. It seemed he liked the idea well enough, and would be happy to oblige.

"Just give me some names and I'll see what I can do," he reasoned.

He'd have to play his hand carefully. It would be a long term game that would require him to tiptoe along the line that separated League and Rocket. With the constant news of people who left compared to the remaining connections some folks had with those who abandoned the cause, it left a weak support for the team. A hum of thought came to mind as he verbalized it.

"We have some people who fled the organization who would no doubt recognize you, so we might want to figure out a way to keep this information relay a secret. They'll suspect something when they see me shaking hands with higher ups in the League."

A breath in to steel his nerves. Despite all this talk about blending in with the league, there was still the matter that Zev seemed particularly interested in the DRK Triad. Did he have some sort of personal connection with them? The fact he was able to suspend their ship from the Kyogre incident in midair like he did seemed like a big enough clue. He didn't want to know too much on that matter, ergo he attempted to word himself a bit more carefully.

"Is there a sudden interest in the Triad on your end? Have you come across them recently? I say this assuming you've had plenty of opportunity to do research into them without my sudden appearance."

close tab

played by

gunsmile

The Devourer
he / him
January 8
Lavender Town, Kanto
heterosexual
hitman
rocket beast
nenet nzingha
starstruck ✨
6'3" / 190 cm height
6'3" / 190 cm height
awards
2,675 posts
Zev Harcourt DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @zev
Zev Harcourt
CLOAK & DAGGER [M]
POSTED ON Dec 31, 2023 2:21:59 GMT
Zev Harcourt Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","zev3"]
[attr="class","body"]

Schuyler's readiness to accept the mission impressed Zev. In all their interactions thus far, the other man had not bothered to ask many questions; in fact, Schuyler's keenness to help would have been suspicious if not for their macabre first meeting. [break][break]

"I'll forward you a list of names. We'll stay in touch by encrypted message," Zev said, in response to Schuyler's concern. "I'm also looking for a Zorua or Zoroark that can disguise me while I'm in public. I'm working on a fake identity to go with it." [break][break]

Little did he know the Pokémon would soon find its way into his hands, courtesy of . [break][break]

Zev sipped his coffee, using the time to choose his next words with care. He had no interest in alarming other, nearby café patrons with the truth, in case they overheard. And Schuyler seemed like the type of person who preferred to know as little as possible. [break][break]

"That file," he pointed at the one containing information on the unnamed woman, "contains a report of my latest encounter with the DRK Triad. It happened just a few weeks ago. She turned this crusade of theirs into a personal matter."

[break][break][break]

TAGS[break]
NOTESmission

[attr="class","credit"]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

close tab

played by

howitzer

sky, finn charbonneau
he/him
february 18
virbank city, unova
demisexual
writer
associate
awards
70 posts
part of
TAG WITH @schuyler
schuyler tate
CLOAK & DAGGER [M]
POSTED ON Jan 2, 2024 13:27:47 GMT
schuyler tate Avatar
Seemed Zev had the right idea of how to go forward with this mission. Not that he had any doubt, of course. With the file of the unnamed woman pointed out, he scanned over the file and offered a low hum. Brows knit curiously as he read over the fact that Zev himself had tried to kill her. Why try to kill someone that offered him an extension of power? Did he not realize that working alongside the DRK Triad could put Rocket itself at an advantage? From what he'd read, the Triad seemed to focus on wiping out avatars. Imagine all the avatars within League's alliance that could be destroyed in one fell swoop. But it seemed the man focused on his alliance with Rocket. (Schuyler could only assume that if given the opportunity, the Rocket Beast would not be able to distinguish ally and enemy within the Triad's inner circle.)

"I see," he commented.

His traverse had been deeper into the Wilds. Reports referred to the area as Lesser Megalopolis. Schuyler kept the area tucked away in the back of his mind. Maybe it would be beneficial for him to search the premises. That meant procuring someone who was willing to traverse the danger deep in (what he assumed to be) a post-apocalyptic metropolitan city. A shift in his seat and a final sip of his latte.

"Curiosity has gotten the better of me. Maybe I'll see if there's someone willing to make the excursion with me to Lesser Megalopolis to see if we can uncover anything that may have been missed. It's better you don't go; they'll be looking for you and won't show mercy this time."

Not that he doubted Zev's ability to fend for himself. But the Triad were a mysterious group, and the fact that it seemed this unknown woman with an Unown-A had fell through the cracks. Who knew what other threats lay in their reserves? It seemed Schuyler fell unfamiliar with the proverb that 'curiosity killed the cat.' But as far as anyone or anything knew? He had no connection with the Rocket Beast other than pure mutual affiliation.

And it was better that way.

close tab

played by

gunsmile

The Devourer
he / him
January 8
Lavender Town, Kanto
heterosexual
hitman
rocket beast
nenet nzingha
starstruck ✨
6'3" / 190 cm height
6'3" / 190 cm height
awards
2,675 posts
Zev Harcourt DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @zev
Zev Harcourt
CLOAK & DAGGER [M]
POSTED ON Jan 2, 2024 18:09:42 GMT
Zev Harcourt Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","zev3"]
[attr="class","body"]

Schuyler's concern was unexpected, his suggestion too late; Zev already had plans to return to Lesser Megalopolis, separate trips with and . [break][break]

Let them come, the Rocket Beast thought. He had already resolved to kill the DRK Triad for their actions against Necrozma. If they wanted to seek him out, he would welcome the clash. [break][break]

But instead of giving voice to these thoughts, he nodded at Schuyler. "The League sends its own expeditions into Lesser Megalopolis, so you can likely join a Ranger or researcher on a trip." [break][break]

Zev finished the rest of his coffee in a few large gulps. Now that their exchange had taken place, it was in their best interest to leave. Schuyler couldn't afford to be identified as a member of Team Rocket. [break][break]

"Message me if you have any questions," the Beast said. "I'll forward you any new revelations we uncover, too."

[break][break][break]

TAGS[break]
NOTESmission

[attr="class","credit"]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,978 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
CLOAK & DAGGER [M]
POSTED ON Jan 4, 2024 23:49:03 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]MISSION COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: