Magnetic

Admin Fox
He/Him
May 9th
Rustboro City
Bisexual
Archaeologist
Rocket Admin
The future will tempt you, the present will indulge you, but the past will shackle you.
awards
1,857 posts
part of
TAG WITH @magnetic
howard slayte
Cheers, Beast and Admin!
POSTED ON Nov 29, 2023 21:23:58 GMT
howard slayte Avatar
Before Howard and Temp's promotion...

"Two on me. Top shelf." Howard sighed as he flicked some PD onto the countertop. The archaeologist looked tired and worried as he looked around the bar. Sootopolis had several, and Rocket was constantly using them in one way or another. Grunts constantly flocked in and out to get floored.

Howard Slayte and Tempest Quinn were simply two more grunts in the pile.

No, not grunt. Admin.

It didn't feel real. Why had this organization promoted Howard Slayte of all people? He was barely at base, was hardly competent on the field. Was it because of his actions north of Dewford? Was it because he had breached the cavern at the center and saw what lie within? Temp had helped in planning the attack, and he had been promoted as well. Even if he was married to Underboss Quinn, nobody doubted his ability.

Temp, Beast.

Howard, Admin.

"Aren't you nervous?" Howard asked his colleague as the drinks swished across the table. "With your promotion, I mean? You're a Rocket Beast now. That's a big honor."

close tab

played by

yams

temporary
he/him
may 3rd
pacifilog, hoenn
big homo
housewife
beast
you are my
church tonight
6'2" height
6'2" height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
2,632 posts
part of
TAG WITH @temp
Tempest Quinn
Cheers, Beast and Admin!
POSTED ON Dec 1, 2023 20:07:28 GMT
Tempest Quinn Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","twtgm"]
[attr="class","main"]

This place was one of the more hole-in-the-wall bars in Sooty; a little grimy but with good spirit. Thanks to 's generosity, a shot of The Nicer Stuff was slid in front of Temp. His waiting hand only hesitated a moment before he snatched it up and slammed it back.[break][break]

A hiss left him as it burned down his throat; Tempest wasn't the kind of guy who slowly sipped his alcohol, no matter how expensive it was.[break][break]

He licked his lips and grabbed a bar peanut to suck the salt off of before turning to his friend.[break][break]

"Nervous as fuck." The honesty poured from his lips. But Howard was his friend, and Howard had that effect on people. "Probably not for the reason you are, though." Was tacked on after a moment, an afterthought.

[attr="class","tag"]

[attr="class","notes"]

notes

[break]
🔗 chocolate wasted

[attr="class","pkmn"][break]

[newclass=.twtgm] --accent: #765d75; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm] width: 420px; margin: 0 auto; color: #aaa; font-family: arial; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; text-align:justify; padding-top: 20px; padding-bottom: 20px; line-height: 15px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .main] padding: 40px; background: #272727;[/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm b] color: var(--accent); font-size: 12px; font-family: arial; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm a] text-decoration: none; font-size: 11px; font-weight: lighter; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm h1, h2, h3] display: inline-block; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm h1] font-size: 13px; font-weight: lighter; color: var(--accent); letter-spacing: .5px; line-height: 0px; font-family: monospace; text-transform: uppercase; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: solid 1px var(--accent); [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .tag] text-align: right; padding-bottom: 5px; padding-top: 20px; font: 11px monospace; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .tag a] font: 12px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; color: var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .notes] text-align: justify; padding: 20px 20px 10px 20px; font: 10px monospace; letter-spacing: .3px; border-top: solid 1.5px #323232; height: auto; line-height: 15px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .notes h1] font: 16px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; text-transform: uppercase; color: var(--accent); text-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #1e1e1e; padding-bottom: 5px; text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .notes a] font: 10px Montserrat; color: var(--accent); [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm span] display: inline-block; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .pkmn] text-align: center; margin: 0 auto; background: var(--accent); padding: 5px; width: 410px; margin-left: -40px; margin-bottom: -40px; margin-top: 10px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .pkmn img] margin-top: -10px; padding-bottom: 5px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Magnetic

Admin Fox
He/Him
May 9th
Rustboro City
Bisexual
Archaeologist
Rocket Admin
The future will tempt you, the present will indulge you, but the past will shackle you.
awards
1,857 posts
part of
TAG WITH @magnetic
howard slayte
Cheers, Beast and Admin!
POSTED ON Dec 1, 2023 20:19:18 GMT
howard slayte Avatar
"Oh yeah?" Howard said, amused. He had a sneaking suspicion on why Temp was nervous, and that reason happened to lock his door in seventy different ways. "Afraid of disappointing ?"

Nobody could, or would, doubt Tempest Quinn's loyalty to Team Rocket. Married to one of the Underbosses, one of the strongest members of the organization, and could count himself among that list. Temp had thrown away his Gym Leader position. Nobody could doubt his loyalty. Nobody could doubt his value.

Howard was just an archaeologist who made Team Rocket obscene amounts of money.

Slam. Howard's shot glass hit the table as Howard drank.

"This was a mistake of a promotion. They'll regret it immediately. Then they'll kill me for fucking up." Howard turned to Temp. "Rocket... doesn't do that, right?"

Oh, if only.

close tab

played by

yams

temporary
he/him
may 3rd
pacifilog, hoenn
big homo
housewife
beast
you are my
church tonight
6'2" height
6'2" height
awards
2,632 posts
part of
TAG WITH @temp
Tempest Quinn
Cheers, Beast and Admin!
POSTED ON Dec 1, 2023 20:31:24 GMT
Tempest Quinn Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","twtgm"]
[attr="class","main"]

A shake of the head, then a small chuckle.[break][break]

"Everyone thinks Cil is so scary. But he's a sweetheart." A soft sigh. "Nah, Cil supports me no matter what. I'm more afraid of making him look bad." A turn of the lips into something sour, just for a moment. "A lot of Rocket think I just sucked my way to the top no matter how hard I work. Then they give Cil the side eye when I fuck up."[break][break]

It wasn't 's fault that gossips existed everywhere. Tempest just hated that it could carry such heavy consequences for the man he loved.[break][break]

"Rocket only kills you if you betray them. Walsh might slap your ass and demote you if you fuck up." It was a complicated subject, so Tempest really hoped he wasn't lying to the other. But from what he had seen himself.... "This isn't like Kanto. The upper management doesn't just gut you because they don't like your hair that day."[break][break]

A small shrug. He'd not been to Kanto, just heard the stories, but those stories sounded terrible.[break][break]

"'Sides, you'll do fine. You're a smart guy and a smooth talker. You could talk a Lycanroc off the back of a meat truck."

[attr="class","tag"]

[attr="class","notes"]

notes

[break]
🔗 chocolate wasted

[newclass=.twtgm] width: 420px; margin: 0 auto; color: #aaa; font-family: arial; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; text-align:justify; padding-top: 20px; padding-bottom: 20px; line-height: 15px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm b] color: var(--accent); font-size: 12px; font-family: arial; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm a] text-decoration: none; font-size: 11px; font-weight: lighter; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm h1] font-size: 13px; font-weight: lighter; color: var(--accent); letter-spacing: .5px; line-height: 0px; font-family: monospace; text-transform: uppercase; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: solid 1px var(--accent); [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .tag] text-align: right; padding-bottom: 5px; padding-top: 20px; font: 11px monospace; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .tag a] font: 12px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; color: var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .notes] text-align: justify; padding: 20px 20px 10px 20px; font: 10px monospace; letter-spacing: .3px; border-top: solid 1.5px #323232; height: auto; line-height: 15px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .notes h1] font: 16px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; text-transform: uppercase; color: var(--accent); text-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #1e1e1e; padding-bottom: 5px; text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .notes a] font: 10px Montserrat; color: var(--accent); [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .pkmn] text-align: center; margin: 0 auto; background: var(--accent); padding: 5px; width: 410px; margin-left: -40px; margin-bottom: -40px; margin-top: 10px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Magnetic

Admin Fox
He/Him
May 9th
Rustboro City
Bisexual
Archaeologist
Rocket Admin
awards
1,857 posts
part of
TAG WITH @magnetic
howard slayte
Cheers, Beast and Admin!
POSTED ON Dec 1, 2023 20:50:16 GMT
howard slayte Avatar
"Thanks. I appreciate it." Howard smiled faintly. He seriously meant it. Working to rob the Lilycove Department Store with Temp had been a gift that kept on giving. That event had led to a lot of good and bad. He had met Amor due to his poor performance during that raid, but he had met with ■■■ as a result.

■■■. Howard blinked. He ranked equally with that man, now. Then why did the Rocket Beast feel so far above him?

"Lycanrocs don't enjoy confined spaces very much, so that might actually work. Maybe you could explain how Forretress mate in order to scare it away. How did it go? 'Explode to attract mates', yeah?"

Team Rocket was a very top-down organization. It made gossiping very easy for those lower on the rung. Grunts did a lot gossiping, and Howard suspected that many of the higher ups were the same. Team Rocket would whisper, but they were mostly going in one direction. Temp and Cillian would follow the organization into the depths, but everyone else? They were in it for a personal goal or ideal.

Howard was the same.

"You won't make him look bad. You won't!" Howard waved over another pair of shot glasses and held one up. Imagining Declan Walsh spanking Howard and kicking him to laundry duty almost seemed more appealing that helping run Team Rocket. At least in the laundry room, Howard would have the walshing machines to keep him company.

The Admin raised his shot glass.

"Say it with me: I won't make Cillian Quinn look bad!"

close tab

played by

yams

temporary
he/him
may 3rd
pacifilog, hoenn
big homo
housewife
beast
you are my
church tonight
6'2" height
6'2" height
awards
2,632 posts
part of
TAG WITH @temp
Tempest Quinn
Cheers, Beast and Admin!
POSTED ON Dec 1, 2023 20:56:50 GMT
Tempest Quinn Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","twtgm"]
[attr="class","main"]

A huff, followed by a sharp grin.[break][break]

"You'd know all about that, right? I'd heard about the broken hearts you've been leaving." Just whispered rumors, sure, but who could deny the rizz that had? Good for him.[break][break]

Still, he raised his drink and repeated the mantra.[break][break]

"I won't make look bad!" Then the drink was clinked on Howard's before he slammed it back.[break][break]

His fist slammed on the table, another hiss, but then he relaxed with the burning.[break][break]

"Do you know what department you are, yet? I'm on recon and assault."

[attr="class","tag"]

[attr="class","notes"]

notes

[break]
🔗 chocolate wasted

close tab

played by

Magnetic

Admin Fox
He/Him
May 9th
Rustboro City
Bisexual
Archaeologist
Rocket Admin
awards
1,857 posts
part of
TAG WITH @magnetic
howard slayte
Cheers, Beast and Admin!
POSTED ON Dec 4, 2023 3:43:50 GMT
howard slayte Avatar
"Arceus above, don't mention that shit..." Howard covered his face and looked away to hide his embarrassment. "Who told you? Did you tickle it out of Shred? That fucking snitch."

There were a lot of rumors about Howard Slayte running around. He had allegedly beaten Fernando Silph in a ferocious battle that had killed several of the councilman's Pokemon. Anyone who actually knew Howard figured that this was a total load of nothing. Howard's promotion had little to do with his fighting skill, and more to do with his ability to organize things.

"Supplies and bureaucracy. They want me to reestablish many of Admin Fox's supply lines and expand my current network. I think Walsh is aware that we'll never beat the League in a war of attrition, so he's trying to fill our coffers." Howard said, nodding at Temp's appointment. It made sense, given the Rocket Beast's power on the field.

"They picked well for you. I thought all Rocket Beasts did the same thing: fight."

close tab

played by

yams

temporary
he/him
may 3rd
pacifilog, hoenn
big homo
housewife
beast
you are my
church tonight
6'2" height
6'2" height
awards
2,632 posts
part of
TAG WITH @temp
Tempest Quinn
Cheers, Beast and Admin!
POSTED ON Dec 11, 2023 9:06:13 GMT
Tempest Quinn Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","twtgm"]
[attr="class","main"]

Tempest grinned, sharp, but didn't answer the question; only winked and did a 'zip of the lips' motion before taking a sip.[break][break]

"I can't believe you banged a Gym Leader, two Beasts, and an ex-Underboss. You have game."[break][break]

Teasing, but Tempest just listened as explained what he would be doing. A little too much for Temp's own pay grade and a bit over his head. It sounded like the other guy was just going to be a pencil pusher, though. Sad.[break][break]

"Yes and no. We all fight, but in different ways. I couldn't do a lot of the shit that does." Even if it's a compliment, Tempest's nose curls at the mention of the other Beast. But he won't go into that particular can of worms unless Howard notices. "Since my Rocket status is public knowledge, I'll be doing a lot of direct attacks we want the League to know about."

[attr="class","tag"]

[attr="class","notes"]

notes

[break]
🔗 chocolate wasted

close tab

played by

Magnetic

Admin Fox
He/Him
May 9th
Rustboro City
Bisexual
Archaeologist
Rocket Admin
awards
1,857 posts
part of
TAG WITH @magnetic
howard slayte
Cheers, Beast and Admin!
POSTED ON Dec 14, 2023 8:03:07 GMT
howard slayte Avatar
"Those weren't me! I don't know why the grunts keep saying I did!" Howard moaned as he thumped his head onto the bar table again. How the grunts even figured out about the incident with Chu-e was beyond him. The only way it would've been possible was...

"Ooooh, that fucker." Howard hissed. He wasn't sure what he had done to earn the ex-Underboss's interest, but it was biting him in the ass more and more as time went on.

"I see. It makes sense. Rocket needs someone to take the blunt of the League's attention while the rest of us lurk about. The grunts need someone to rally around, anyways. It's military strategy." Howard nodded sagely. Temp had a talent to bring out the best in others. He was a force to be feared for the League, even if Rocket viewed him more as family. "What's wrong with Frost? He recruited me, y'know."

Howard would never forgive the Rocket Beast for doing that. It was Howard's greatest boon, and his greatest shame. He remembered it like it was yesterday.

close tab

played by

yams

temporary
he/him
may 3rd
pacifilog, hoenn
big homo
housewife
beast
you are my
church tonight
6'2" height
6'2" height
awards
2,632 posts
part of
TAG WITH @temp
Tempest Quinn
Cheers, Beast and Admin!
POSTED ON Dec 15, 2023 2:34:25 GMT
Tempest Quinn Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","twtgm"]
[attr="class","main"]

Tempest only gave a Look, brow raised, at that answer. The smirk on his face told it all.[break][break]

The way that Howard described what Tempest would be doing made it seem a lot grander than what he felt like it was. But, if knowing that Tempest was out there beating ass helped some Grunt sneak into a building to steal something, he would count that as a win.[break][break]

But, of course, the good mood soured some.[break][break]

Fucking .[break][break]

"You know how some Rockets believe I fucked my way to where I am?" Tempest answered Howard's question with another question, trusting the other could put the pieces together himself. It didn't explain the messy friendship or anything else going on between them. But it would explain enough.

[attr="class","tag"]

[attr="class","notes"]

notes

[break]
🔗 chocolate wasted

close tab

played by

Magnetic

Admin Fox
He/Him
May 9th
Rustboro City
Bisexual
Archaeologist
Rocket Admin
awards
1,857 posts
part of
TAG WITH @magnetic
howard slayte
Cheers, Beast and Admin!
POSTED ON Dec 19, 2023 23:27:57 GMT
howard slayte Avatar
"I've... heard the rumors, yes."

The words came out through gritted teeth. Grunts talked, and they talked a lot. Every single member of Rocket's upper command had a tail of rumors trailing behind them. A proverbial web of shittalking. Howard had helped propagate it for certain members, given his utter disgust for Rocket as an organization before his promotion.

He could only shudder to think about what the grunts were saying about him now.

"Jealous words from jealous people. Lessers and rivals have alway demeaned people that they envied. Empoleon Bonaparte is described as a foot shorter in the historical accounts of his rivals." Howard consoled Temp gently. "I'm assuming that Beast Frost helps... ah.... push these rumors?"

Man, this was awkward.

close tab

played by

yams

temporary
he/him
may 3rd
pacifilog, hoenn
big homo
housewife
beast
you are my
church tonight
6'2" height
6'2" height
awards
2,632 posts
part of
TAG WITH @temp
Tempest Quinn
Cheers, Beast and Admin!
POSTED ON Dec 20, 2023 3:43:43 GMT
Tempest Quinn Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","twtgm"]
[attr="class","main"]

"Worse," Tempest feels bad for bringing up the subject, for making what should have been a friendly atmosphere awkward. At the same time, he's kept this in so long it feels nice to talk about. Trusting feels right, like a deepening friendship. The point where the heart by Tempest's portrait changes from a deep blue to a slightly warmer lavender.[break][break]

"He believed them."[break][break]

It feels lame to say it like that. But, Tempest hums and tilts his head back to finish off his drink. A hand raised and the bartender brings him another; tops Howard off as well.[break][break]

"We used to be friends. Not anymore."

[attr="class","tag"]

[attr="class","notes"]

notes

[break]
🔗 chocolate wasted

close tab

played by

Magnetic

Admin Fox
He/Him
May 9th
Rustboro City
Bisexual
Archaeologist
Rocket Admin
awards
1,857 posts
part of
TAG WITH @magnetic
howard slayte
Cheers, Beast and Admin!
POSTED ON Dec 20, 2023 19:58:36 GMT
howard slayte Avatar
"Sometimes, it goes that way."

There's meaning behind those words. Some wrong gone unrighted. Some grudge still bubbling under miles of anger. Howard didn't know much about Beast Frost beyond him being the one to induct him into Rocket, but sometimes, that's all it takes. Half the time, he dances the fine line between hatred for Mint, and shaking his hand.

A thanks for allowing him a glimpse onto the other side, but a curse at what he had gotten himself into.

Sometimes, though, it was worth it. Sometimes you met a friend.

"You made a friend. You made an enemy. You experienced life." Howard glanced at him, then took the shot from the barkeep and slammed it back. Fuck. "I hated everyone in Rocket."

The words come out a whisper. A silent confession.

close tab

played by

yams

temporary
he/him
may 3rd
pacifilog, hoenn
big homo
housewife
beast
you are my
church tonight
6'2" height
6'2" height
awards
2,632 posts
part of
TAG WITH @temp
Tempest Quinn
Cheers, Beast and Admin!
POSTED ON Dec 21, 2023 1:48:41 GMT
Tempest Quinn Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","twtgm"]
[attr="class","main"]

Yeah, that was life. If hated him now, that was how the world would go. Even if it hurt.[break][break]

"I did, too." It rolls off of Tempest's tongue easier than it does 's. Where Howard was a man built on fear, Tempest was one built without it. That lack of common sense and reckless abandon never taught him to curb his tongue.[break][break]

"I think I would have been happier if Cil wasn't in it. I think he would have been, too. No sense in thinking about shit that didn't happen, though." The small smile creeps back onto his face, his drink raised before he gets a long sip. Reaching out, he grabs another peanut from the basket and pops into his mouth.

[attr="class","tag"]

[attr="class","notes"]

notes

[break]
🔗 chocolate wasted

close tab

played by

Magnetic

Admin Fox
He/Him
May 9th
Rustboro City
Bisexual
Archaeologist
Rocket Admin
awards
1,857 posts
part of
TAG WITH @magnetic
howard slayte
Cheers, Beast and Admin!
POSTED ON Dec 21, 2023 8:28:27 GMT
howard slayte Avatar
"I hate everyone in Rocket."

The words are corrected, yet it doesn't wash the stain of guilt from Howard's soul. If anything, it blackens it deeper. It's a filthy thing to admit, especially to Tempest Quinn, whose husband would wring Howard in several different ways if the words recently uttered ever reached his ears.

"Besides you, and a few others, I mean. Everyone here is a monster fighting for their own personal goals."

Necrozma's Avatar proved that to him. The man had even agreed with him. Had Temp reached the same conclusion as him as he rose up the ranks of Team Rocket, as he fell in love with Cillian? Howard had never needed to reach that conclusion through introspection. He had joined Team Rocket in spite of that.

He was different from Team Rocket. That was the lie he told himself. That was the lie he would continue to tell.

"Now? I don't know. I'm a Wooloo leading a flock of Lycanroc." Howard plucked a peanut between his thumb and forefinger and looked towards Temp. "Does that make me a traitor?"