Magnetic

Admin Fox
He/Him
May 9th
Rustboro City
Bisexual
Archaeologist
Rocket Admin
An observer of eons cannot feel the warmth of another.
Single
5'9 (with hat) height
5'9 (with hat) height
The future will tempt you, the present will indulge you, but the past will shackle you.
awards
3,170 posts
part of
TAG WITH @magnetic
howard slayte
A Job Opportunity [M]
POSTED ON Dec 1, 2023 8:44:32 GMT
howard slayte Avatar
"Incredible..." Howard scratched his chin thoughtfully as he stared at a shelf of plushies on a shelf in the giftshop. Piles of Aerodactyl eyes stared back at him as Howard picked up one and inspected it. "The make on these is spectacular. They even got the wings right!"

's museum was at the forefront of Hoenn's archaeological scene, even if the salt rubbed into the wound of failing to get a job here never truly left Howard's mind. In a strange way, this place was indirectly responsible for him being a member of Team Rocket. How much would've been different if he had been hired here?

Instead, in this very museum, he had been hired by to join Team Rocket. It was a decision that could never be rectified.

Ever.

Howard should hate this place.

But every time he walked through the Hall of Bones and Fossils, that hatred ceased. He couldn't hate Gideon's commitment to preserving history. He couldn't hate how much this museum did for Howard's field, and how much people enjoyed it. It was the purest form of passion for the field of archaeology that Howard had ever seen.

Howard sighed and returned the Aerodactyl plushie to its spot in the gift shop. Too expensive. Besides Gideon, there was one other person who worked here. Somebody Howard knew. Somebody whose cousin Howard was currently lecturing. Somebody whose resume was just as long as Howard's. The archaeologist turned away from the shelf.

Luckily, that man wasn't here toda-

"Guh...!" Howard screamed internally. Shoot. There he was.

close tab

played by

oslo

the crown prince
masculine
twenty-eight
may 20
hammerlocke, galar
heterosexual
archaeologist
aqua/ex-admin
born under a bad sign with a blue moon in my eyes
awards
4,704 posts
part of
TAG WITH @oslo
Remiel Calcifet
A Job Opportunity [M]
POSTED ON Dec 5, 2023 20:40:23 GMT
Remiel Calcifet Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","remy-lb"]
[attr="class","remy-lb-pkmn"]
[attr="class","remy-lb-pkmn-2"]

[attr="class","remy-lb-bannertop"]

[attr="class","remy-lb-w"]
[attr="class","remy-lb-img"]

[attr="class","remy-lb-w-1"]

"Oh? Sorry to have startled you." The archaeologist prince stands there with a briefcase in hand but sets it down before extending a handshake. "You must be — my new research partner for RD-52?"[break][break]

He feigned unfamiliarity. was a big name in archaeology, after all. Furthermore, had spoken of him highly. But Remiel tended to prefer starting his professional relationships on even ground when possible.[break][break]

Especially when some might consider this man his academic rival.
[break]

"My name is . It's a pleasure to meet you. Shall we take a seat at the café?"[break][break]

[attr="class","remy-lb-bannerbottom"]A JOB OPPORTUNITY ♔

[break][break]

[newclass=.remy-lb]border:solid 1px #232323;background-color:#303030;border-radius:5px;padding:24px;width:500px;box-shadow:2px 2px 0px #363636,-2px 2px 0px #363636,2px -2px 0px #363636,-2px -2px 0px #363636;margin:0 auto;[/newclass]
[newclass=.remy-lb b]color:#d49736;letter-spacing: 1px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.remy-lb i]color:#cecece;[/newclass]
[newclass=.remy-lb u]text-decoration: none;font: bold 12px Quattrocento Sans;letter-spacing: 3px;color: #d5ad40;text-transform: uppercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=.remy-lb-pkmn]background-color:#272727;padding:10px 10px 3px 10px;margin:-24px -24px 0px -24px;border-radius:5px 5px 0px 0px;background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png);background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right;display:flex;height: 25px;border-bottom:solid 1px #232323;[/newclass]
[newclass=.remy-lb-pkmn div]height: 8px;margin: 0 auto;[/newclass]
[newclass=.remy-lb-pkmn div:hover]color:#d49736;[/newclass]
[newclass=.remy-lb-pkmn-2]border-radius:5px 5px 0px 0px!important;border:solid 1px #232323;border-bottom:none;padding: 10px 5px 10px 5px;background-color:#2b2b2b!important;[/newclass]
[newclass=.remy-lb-pkmn-2 img]margin-top:-10px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.remy-lb-bannertop]text-align:right;margin:0px -24px 24px -24px;border-bottom:solid 1px #232323;background-color:#2b2b2b;padding: 16px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.remy-lb-bannertop div]padding-top:5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.remy-lb-bannerbottom]text-align:right;margin:24px -24px -25px -24px;border-bottom:solid 1px #232323;background-color:#2b2b2b;padding:25px;font:800 20px Poppins;line-height:20px;text-transform:uppercase;white-space:nowrap;overflow:hidden;border-radius:0px 0px 5px 5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.remy-lb-bannerbottom a]font:800 20px Poppins!important;line-height:20px!important;background:linear-gradient(to bottom right, #d49736, #d5ad40);-webkit-background-clip:text!important;-webkit-text-fill-color:transparent!important;[/newclass]
[newclass=.remy-lb-bannerbottom div]font:bold 9px Quattrocento Sans;line-height:10px;padding-top:5px;letter-spacing:1px;color:#666666;[/newclass]
[newclass=.remy-lb-w]display:flex;gap:35px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.remy-lb-img]height:70px;width:70px;padding:9px;border:solid 1px #232323;background-color:#2b2b2b;border-radius:5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.remy-lb-img img]height:70px;width:70px;filter:grayscale(50%) contrast(80%);border-radius:3px;max-width: none !important;[/newclass]
[newclass=.remy-lb-w-1]font:11.7px Poppins;letter-spacing:.5px;line-height:16px;padding: 10px 25px 10px 15px;text-align:justify;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Magnetic

Admin Fox
He/Him
May 9th
Rustboro City
Bisexual
Archaeologist
Rocket Admin
Single
5'9 (with hat) height
5'9 (with hat) height
The future will tempt you, the present will indulge you, but the past will shackle you.
awards
3,170 posts
part of
TAG WITH @magnetic
howard slayte
A Job Opportunity [M]
POSTED ON Dec 9, 2023 10:11:22 GMT
howard slayte Avatar
"Erm... Uh... It's a pleasure, Remiel. Thank you for meeting with me." Howard took a breath as he waited for his heart to calm. After a second, he nodded. "Let me get you something from the café. "

Remiel Calcifet was in a class of his own. The one blessed by Zekrom, the Galarian Admin of Team Rocket. Admin Fox. Not only that, but he was royalty! This was the sort of man who was written into the history books. A genuine piece of history. Archaeological skill none withstanding, Remiel was a titan. He was simply unreachable.

Until now.

"I never thought I'd see you again." Howard allowed himself a small smile as they entered the café together. "You were at Devon Corp, right? We worked in the same department."

Not just in Devon, but in Team Rocket, as well. The two fulfilled similar roles in the organization as smugglers. Remiel's control over Slateport's docks was something that Howard had yet to fully replicate. "What will you have? Tea?"

close tab

played by

oslo

the crown prince
masculine
twenty-eight
may 20
hammerlocke, galar
heterosexual
archaeologist
aqua/ex-admin
awards
4,704 posts
part of
TAG WITH @oslo
Remiel Calcifet
A Job Opportunity [M]
POSTED ON Dec 16, 2023 10:11:15 GMT
Remiel Calcifet Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","remy-lb"]

DEVON CORP?
[break]

That had been so long ago. And, though he debated saying anything at all, Remiel eventually tilted his head to the side before responding. "Really? I'm afraid I don't remember you there. We must have worked in different departments."[break][break]

They reach the café barista at that moment, and the royal pauses from the conversation to order an Earl Grey tea. After Howard has ordered his drink, the pair saunter over to an unoccupied table as Remiel continues. "My apologies, but I don't have the time to reminisce right now. I understand you've applied to research the REGIDRAGO meteorite I've entrusted to the museum for study? What is your interest in it?"[break][break]

He pulls a chair out for himself, takes a seat, and tucks himself in before folding his arms across the edge of the table. His posture is perfect. His mien holier than thou. He awaits an answer.[break][break]

[break][break]

[newclass=.remy-lb]border:solid 1px #232323;background-color:#303030;border-radius:5px;padding:24px;width:500px;box-shadow:2px 2px 0px #363636,-2px 2px 0px #363636,2px -2px 0px #363636,-2px -2px 0px #363636;margin:0 auto;[/newclass]
[newclass=.remy-lb u]text-decoration: none;font: bold 12px Quattrocento Sans;letter-spacing: 3px;color: #d5ad40;text-transform: uppercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=.remy-lb-pkmn]background-color:#272727;padding:10px 10px 3px 10px;margin:-24px -24px 0px -24px;border-radius:5px 5px 0px 0px;background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png);background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right;display:flex;height: 25px;border-bottom:solid 1px #232323;[/newclass]
[newclass=.remy-lb-pkmn-2]border-radius:5px 5px 0px 0px!important;border:solid 1px #232323;border-bottom:none;padding: 10px 5px 10px 5px;background-color:#2b2b2b!important;[/newclass]
[newclass=.remy-lb-bannertop]text-align:right;margin:0px -24px 24px -24px;border-bottom:solid 1px #232323;background-color:#2b2b2b;padding: 16px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.remy-lb-bannerbottom]text-align:right;margin:24px -24px -25px -24px;border-bottom:solid 1px #232323;background-color:#2b2b2b;padding:25px;font:800 20px Poppins;line-height:20px;text-transform:uppercase;white-space:nowrap;overflow:hidden;border-radius:0px 0px 5px 5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.remy-lb-bannerbottom a]font:800 20px Poppins!important;line-height:20px!important;background:linear-gradient(to bottom right, #d49736, #d5ad40);-webkit-background-clip:text!important;-webkit-text-fill-color:transparent!important;[/newclass]
[newclass=.remy-lb-bannerbottom div]font:bold 9px Quattrocento Sans;line-height:10px;padding-top:5px;letter-spacing:1px;color:#666666;[/newclass]
[newclass=.remy-lb-img]height:70px;width:70px;padding:9px;border:solid 1px #232323;background-color:#2b2b2b;border-radius:5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.remy-lb-img img]height:70px;width:70px;filter:grayscale(50%) contrast(80%);border-radius:3px;max-width: none !important;[/newclass]
[newclass=.remy-lb-w-1]font:11.7px Poppins;letter-spacing:.5px;line-height:16px;padding: 10px 25px 10px 15px;text-align:justify;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Magnetic

Admin Fox
He/Him
May 9th
Rustboro City
Bisexual
Archaeologist
Rocket Admin
Single
5'9 (with hat) height
5'9 (with hat) height
awards
3,170 posts
part of
TAG WITH @magnetic
howard slayte
A Job Opportunity [M]
POSTED ON Dec 20, 2023 10:17:50 GMT
howard slayte Avatar
"Don't worry about it. I must've just blended in."

The words grinded against Howard's teeth as he spat them out, yet he smiled all the same. Remiel Calcifet didn't recognize him? Howard didn't know whether to laugh, cry, or throw himself into the ocean. True, the Galarian Prince had been given a high position on the team, but to completely forget about Howard?

That was... good. It made this easier.

"I'm a geologist, I wish to study it." Howard spread his hands and shrugged casually. "Were you present at the ruins north of Dewford? Apparently, Regice was spotted there, and I was helping translate what was within the ruins."

Clink. Howard set his coffee cup down and beamed at Remiel.

"And what luck?" Howard's eye shined. "An artifact of the ancient giants is here at the museum! The two have to be connected, don't you think? C'mon, don't make be beg! I have my resume right here..."

Howard began digging through his bag.

close tab

played by

oslo

the crown prince
masculine
twenty-eight
may 20
hammerlocke, galar
heterosexual
archaeologist
aqua/ex-admin
awards
4,704 posts
part of
TAG WITH @oslo
Remiel Calcifet
A Job Opportunity [M]
POSTED ON Jan 7, 2024 8:21:35 GMT
Remiel Calcifet Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","remy-lb"]

"I was, in fact, present at those ruins." Remiel answers, lifting his teacup with all the grace expected of someone in his station. "The LEGENDARY GIANTS were never my specialization, however. I was wondering who they might enlist to help translate the runes there." This man seemed to have fit the bill. Though, frankly, he had expected somebody... older.[break][break]

The prince takes a moment to carefully sip at his tea as Howard continues. The enthusiasm was there, that much was certain. His colleague was practically brimming with it. But Remiel questioned what kind of connection was there besides the superficial.[break][break]

He sets his teacup down with a gentle clink. "Mr. Slayte, please— I don't need to see your resume. If recommended you then I'm certain you've all the accolades and experience of someone capable in this field. The purpose of my meeting you here goes beyond that." Remiel assures him.[break][break]

People often overlooked the idea that their motivations and aspirations were as intriguing to excavate from a conversation as any lost relic or tomb. In this case, however, it was strictly professional. "What is your purpose here?"[break][break]

[break][break]

close tab

played by

Magnetic

Admin Fox
He/Him
May 9th
Rustboro City
Bisexual
Archaeologist
Rocket Admin
Single
5'9 (with hat) height
5'9 (with hat) height
awards
3,170 posts
part of
TAG WITH @magnetic
howard slayte
A Job Opportunity [M]
POSTED ON Jan 11, 2024 9:33:03 GMT
howard slayte Avatar
"I'm glad the museum is considering me. I'm glad that Director Gideon looked at my application, given I've applied before."

A tale as old as time. Howard had never been good with technology, and getting an application sent through the museum's website had been a colossal task. When he had called the museum and hit an automatic answer machine that required him to punch in numbers to proceed, Howard had folded.

Sure, he had tried. Yet at the end of the day, Howard hadn't gotten the job. The man across from him did.

Remiel Calcifet. Admin Fox. The Galarian.

His namesake.

They were the same age with similar birthdays, similar passions, but worlds apart. Remiel had been born into prestige. Howard had been born into less. The man across from him was the ideal archaeologist, like the Galarian paleontologists of old. Howard wasn't. His eye twitched.

Tap. Tap. Tap. Howard tapped his fingers across the table. He wanted to hate this man, who had so much.

"I want to record Hoenn's history from the beginning to the end. That's my purpose. A complete history that details Hoenn's triumph against impossible odds. If we're going to do that, we need the wisdom of our ancestors."

Tap. Tap. Tap. The resume slipped back into Howard's bag as he tapped his fingers.

"That golem that was on that island? That was them speaking to us from epochs prior. Can you imagine leaving a message that far in advance? Galar's royal family is the same. It's the message of kingship, passed on since Galar was a series of disconnected states and tribes, unified under a king. There's an absolute truth out there, somewhere. I don't know where it is. I don't know what it's for, but don't you want to know...?"

Under his eyepatch, Howard's Key Stone gleamed. He bowed his head slightly.

"Because I want to."

close tab

played by

oslo

the crown prince
masculine
twenty-eight
may 20
hammerlocke, galar
heterosexual
archaeologist
aqua/ex-admin
awards
4,704 posts
part of
TAG WITH @oslo
Remiel Calcifet
A Job Opportunity [M]
POSTED ON Jan 31, 2024 7:51:29 GMT
Remiel Calcifet Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","remy-lb"]

"That's a noble purpose," Remiel responds, noting the man's mannerisms as little more than anxious tics. "Though most would accept that the majority of history is lost forever, you wish to compile the entirety of it in truth." An impossible task, if the prince were to speak honestly. Though he still understood the true purpose behind it.[break][break]

"The want to know dwells in the heart of most people in our profession." The archaeologist agrees as he shifts his glance to a nearby exhibit. A stone tablet depicting the UNOWN seems to catch his attention, though not enough to bar him from speaking on this matter further. "It certainly dwells in mine. The beauty of truth stemming from a Pokémon, however, is that it usually remains untainted by foolish bias and pride. This is why REGIDRAGO, in particular, captures my fascination so easily. And why the GALARIAN line of lineage does not."[break][break]

[break][break]

close tab

played by

Magnetic

Admin Fox
He/Him
May 9th
Rustboro City
Bisexual
Archaeologist
Rocket Admin
Single
5'9 (with hat) height
5'9 (with hat) height
awards
3,170 posts
part of
TAG WITH @magnetic
howard slayte
A Job Opportunity [M]
POSTED ON Feb 3, 2024 10:07:17 GMT
howard slayte Avatar
"I'm sure that people thought that Omanyte would be lost from the world forever, until we revived one from a fossil. We will discover more, learn more, and push forward more than we did the day before. That is what makes us human. That is the ideal that I strive to represent."

History was lost, yes, but skeptics would likely say that the world would never see Zekrom choose a new hero. Yet it had, and history was changed. There was always another crumb, another tidbit, another secret to learn. Regice had roused itself after being forgotten by history.

That brought them one step closer to the absolute truth. Howard would doggedly chase a complete chronicle of history until he collapsed into dust.

That was the truth that he strived to grasp. That was the ideal that Remiel Calcifet attempted to reach. They were both archaeologists, and they had a duty and a passion to push their field further. Remiel said that the want to know existed within most archaeologists. Howard disagreed.

It existed within everyone. Ever.

It's a complicated lineage, admittedly." Howard sighed and rubbed his temples. "No offense. It gave me and my classmates a headache in high school. What if I told you that Regidrago's existence was tainted from the moment of its birth?"

His eye glinted.

"Or perhaps construction is a more accurate term?"

close tab

played by

oslo

the crown prince
masculine
twenty-eight
may 20
hammerlocke, galar
heterosexual
archaeologist
aqua/ex-admin
awards
4,704 posts
part of
TAG WITH @oslo
Remiel Calcifet
A Job Opportunity [M]
POSTED ON Feb 5, 2024 5:47:12 GMT
Remiel Calcifet Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","remy-lb"]

These were his IDEALS then? Or, at the very least, a taste of them. Remiel was certain there was more than met the eye to and his motives. What he could glean from them depended on two things, however: whether he cared to pursue them at all or whether they mutually decided to work side-by-side with one another.[break][break]

But the one-eyed man's apparent knowledge of REGIDRAGO certainly piqued the exiled prince's interest. Excited to discuss further, Remiel nearly began to cite the RKS SIMULATIONS he had taken part in recently. But he stops himself when he realizes he isn't even certain this man is a licensed LEAGUE trainer certified to know such things.[break][break]

Instead, the royal takes a sip of his tea and nods.
[break]

"Was it not built by man to serve man? That, in itself, leaves room for great error... or did you mean something else?" He casually probes.[break][break]

[break][break]

close tab

played by

Magnetic

Admin Fox
He/Him
May 9th
Rustboro City
Bisexual
Archaeologist
Rocket Admin
Single
5'9 (with hat) height
5'9 (with hat) height
awards
3,170 posts
part of
TAG WITH @magnetic
howard slayte
A Job Opportunity [M]
POSTED ON Feb 5, 2024 7:03:32 GMT
howard slayte Avatar
"Man is faulty, but that's not what I mean." Howard made a broad, vague gesture with his hands, as if trying to consolidate a concept down to its base fundamentals. How did you strip down something as conceptual as mankind to its base fundamentals, without doing them a disservice? It was an issue many philosophers struggled with.

Howard didn't bother with that. He simply believed in an absolute truth, and he followed it to its idealized conclusion. That was his version of 'humanity'.

"These golems are artifacts, built by our forefathers. It was their first attempt at harnessing fire, so I'm not blaming them for how they turned out. They're golems, sworn to defend Hoenn. They serve mankind because mankind needed to be saved." He thought of the translations from the Regice Ruins north of Dewford. Howard had helped translate them at Rustboro University for both League and Rocket.

Both sides deserved knowledge. Both sides deserved the truth.

"They were built from Eternatus. We don't know if they're corrupted or tainted. We're relying on the wisdom of our ancestors. Do you trust something that tried to destroy your country, Remiel?"

close tab

played by

oslo

the crown prince
masculine
twenty-eight
may 20
hammerlocke, galar
heterosexual
archaeologist
aqua/ex-admin
awards
4,704 posts
part of
TAG WITH @oslo
Remiel Calcifet
A Job Opportunity [M]
POSTED ON Feb 8, 2024 10:10:40 GMT
Remiel Calcifet Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","remy-lb"]

The man proves himself to be an intellectual, as well-versed with the complexities of philosophy as he is with ancient history. Though Remiel still withholds some doubts, he can certainly see what saw in and how such a man could prove useful in the study of REGIDRAGO's FRAGMENT. Despite his reluctance, the archaeologist could see no reason to deny his 'academic rival' the opportunity to study it.[break][break]

Doing so without reason would only tarnish his own reputation.
[break]

Nevertheless, Howard's casual mention of GALAR strikes a nerve with Remiel. His eyes narrow with simmering ire as he responds.[break][break]

"As much as I'd trust a rabid HOUNDOOM... or TEAM ROCKET at the helm of the world again." He adds, taking a deep breath before dispelling his anger with a sigh. His fingers curl around the teacup's handle as he lifts it again.[break][break]

"But the fact that mankind had a hand in the creation of the REGIS plays in their favor. They're not completely alien or subservient to ETERNATUS in full, as far as we know. And, as Shudo once said, 'the circumstances of one's birth are irrelevant. It is what you do with the gift of life that determines who you are.'"[break][break]

If there was any chance humanity could harness that power again, and use it against the very force that helped create the REGI TRIO, then Remiel was determined to help find out how. In a way, they'd already proven that they could with DYNERGY.[break][break]

He takes a sip of his tea.
[break]

[break][break]

close tab

played by

Magnetic

Admin Fox
He/Him
May 9th
Rustboro City
Bisexual
Archaeologist
Rocket Admin
Single
5'9 (with hat) height
5'9 (with hat) height
awards
3,170 posts
part of
TAG WITH @magnetic
howard slayte
A Job Opportunity [M]
POSTED ON Feb 9, 2024 23:47:12 GMT
howard slayte Avatar
"Don't let the Houndoom burn you, then." Howard chuckled slightly, smiling as he did so. He shuddered slightly. "Once one burns you, you feel it for life."

Remiel's tenure as Admin Fox entered his mind. Yes, that was a stain that would never wash out. The League could take him in, herald him as one of their own, as proof of the League's righteous virtue, but he knew that they would scorn him. Mock him. Deride him. History was eternal, and some stains never truly washed away.

A Houndoom burn lasted forever, too.

"A good quote. Shudo was quite the forward thinker." Howard wanted let out another chuckle, silently fuming. What does a prince know about the circumstances of birth? He was raised to rule, to be a great ruler. Remiel did not get to proclaim how birth was irrelevant while born into luxury.

The man spouted this while giving Sootopolis to Rocket on a golden platter.

"They will defend Hoenn, when the time comes. I'm beginning to think that the time is coming." Howard shuddered, before making it a point to look around, before lowering his voice to a whisper. "Plus, if Rocket got their hands on them, it'd be bad news."

If Rocket could get a prince to do evil, why not a golem?

close tab

played by

oslo

the crown prince
masculine
twenty-eight
may 20
hammerlocke, galar
heterosexual
archaeologist
aqua/ex-admin
awards
4,704 posts
part of
TAG WITH @oslo
Remiel Calcifet
A Job Opportunity [M]
POSTED ON Feb 12, 2024 19:16:46 GMT
Remiel Calcifet Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","remy-lb"]

Ominous and unsettling as Howard's comment about HOUNDOOM was, Remiel was content to move past it without further elaboration. Though, certainly, it affected how carefully he sipped at his steaming cup of tea afterward. He sets it back down when he's done, savoring its flavor despite the lingering bitterness that danced on his tongue.[break][break]

"I'm glad we agree," The royal responds with a nod. "We must look to the past if we're to save the future." When Howard expresses worry over TEAM ROCKET obtaining one of the REGIS instead, however, Remiel simply smiles. His own little ominous act of the day, he supposed. He doesn't care to elaborate here either.[break][break]

Leaning back in his chair, the royal takes a napkin and dabs his lips before setting it back down upon the teacup's saucer. "That being said, Mr. Slayte, I can see no reason why you wouldn't make a valuable addition to the RD-52 research team. There will be conditions, of course. My involvement and supervision are a must. But the sooner we get started, the sooner we steal the lead from the TEAM ROCKET, hm?"[break][break]

With a thin smile, the crown prince reaches over and offers his hand. "What do you say?"[break][break]

[attr="class","icon-dragon"]

[break][break]

close tab

played by

Magnetic

Admin Fox
He/Him
May 9th
Rustboro City
Bisexual
Archaeologist
Rocket Admin
Single
5'9 (with hat) height
5'9 (with hat) height
awards
3,170 posts
part of
TAG WITH @magnetic
howard slayte
A Job Opportunity [M]
POSTED ON Feb 12, 2024 19:51:21 GMT
howard slayte Avatar
The eye notices the smile. Its owner takes note. That is the end of that ominous exchange. Oh, how they would dance to a ballad of lies and deceptions while they studied the meteorite and did everything else together. He'd get to see how the Galarian prince carried himself, how he acted, what he did.

Academic partners again. Oh, how he despised this man.

Yet there would be something refreshing about working in a museum. He hadn't ever gotten an opportunity for an employment in his field, beyond Rocket. He looked at Remiel's extended hand.

If only I had gotten this sooner, just think of the life I'd be living.

Yet that was gone, now. Rocket was all that remained, and Remiel had left a vacant space in the great machine that was Team Rocket. A space that Howard had begrudgingly filled. Still, he could pretend for a while. He could gain Remiel's trust. He could enjoy the satisfaction of working at a museum.

Then, when the opportunity struck, that meteor fragment would be his.

"I'd love to. Let's start this relationship off right, with a random fact." Howard smiled as he took Remiel's hand and shook it. "It's about a Tyrantrum skeleton's 'thumb'..."

img
The Shula Region
Hogwarts AU
RPG Unlimited
MR
The Enroi Region
N:FB
Vyrehaven
Celestial Guardians, AU Sailor Moon RP
EO GENESIS
Code and Crown: An advanced literate warriors cats RP, set in medieval times
Swords Clashing