Magnetic

Admin Fox
He/Him
May 9th
Rustboro City
Bisexual
Archaeologist
Rocket Admin
The future will tempt you, the present will indulge you, but the past will shackle you.
awards
1,856 posts
part of
TAG WITH @magnetic
howard slayte
Shoveling Snow [M]
POSTED ON Dec 1, 2023 9:26:12 GMT
howard slayte Avatar
"Yeah, get out of here! Scram! Idiots! Shame on you!" Howard shouted at the pair of goons that Howard and Eris had chased off. Eris had done most of the work, admittedly, but Howard had thrown a snowball at one of them. One of the fossil thieves had their pants torn apart by Shirley, and watching someone run away in their briefs never got old.

The strange part? Howard knew the thieves weren't in Rocket. They were simply common criminals who would likely sell to the highest bidder. Admittedly, that would've been Rocket, meaning it would've been Howard. Being technical, by having Eris do most of the work, Howard had gotten a 100% discount on the Dragonite skull they had been attempting to steal.

Economics.

"Grrr... That pisses me off, Eris!" Howard's hat flapped slightly in the wind. He rarely looked so mad. "Don't they realize how important these fossils are?"

close tab

played by

myriascope

rosie
she / her
October 14
Vermilion City, Kanto
unknown
demolition expert
Civilian
But I still believe, someday this lie will set me free
awards
4,781 posts
Eris Halla DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @eris
Eris Halla
Shoveling Snow [M]
POSTED ON Dec 9, 2023 4:18:27 GMT
Eris Halla Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","adrie-cover"]
[attr="class","adrie-ban"]
[attr="class","adrie-lyric1"]To the monster you became
[attr="class","adrie-b"]
[attr="class","adrie-c"]
[attr="class","adrie-lyric2"]I'll be your CONTRADICTION
[attr="class","top-acc"]
[attr="class","adrie-content1"]
[attr="class","adrie-content2"]
[attr="class","adrie-img"]
[attr="class","adrie-img2"]
[attr="class","inner-finally"]Sometimes, Eris does get reminded that there are still dangers beyond Rockets and extradimensional beings. Watching as the last of the thieves scamper off with their tails between their legs, she dusts off her hands and lets out an indignant huff. Tiny as Eris may be, when teamed up with a grumpy Luxray, a Pichu busy stuffing their face full of Yeggo waffles and a Melmetal that had hidden itself as trip wires under the snow, she is still more than capable of fighting off a few bandits.[break][break]

"It's because they're important that they tried to steal it." Pointing out something so obvious feels stupid, but who would Eris be if she didn't do it anyways? Perhaps Howard had simply missed over his rare instance of malding and seething.[break][break]

For once, he actually seems cool in her eyes.[break][break]

"So, what's so important about this Dragonite skull?"
[attr="class","bottome-acc"]
[attr="class","adrie-note"] || mission

KAY OF PIXEL PERFECT[break][break]

[newclass=".adrie-cover"]background:#2B2B2B;border:solid 1px #2B2B2B;width:450px;padding:10px;margin:0 auto;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-ban"]position:relative;z-index:0;background:url(https://i.imgur.com/rd13hMM.jpg);-webkit-clip-path:polygon(50% 0%,100% 0,100% 75%,0 100%,0 0);clip-path:polygon(50% 0%,100% 0,100% 75%,0 100%,0 0);width:450px;height:200px;overflow:hidden;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-lyric1"]font-size:10px;color:#fff;letter-spacing:4px;position:absolute;text-transform:uppercase;font-family:roboto;text-align:right;padding-top:6px;margin-left:12px;text-shadow:1px 1px 0 #555,-1px -1px 0 #555,1px -1px 0 #555,-1px 1px 0 #555,3px 3px 5px #555;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-lyric2"]font-size:10px;color:#fff;letter-spacing:4px;position:absolute;text-transform:uppercase;font-family:roboto;text-align:right;padding-top:6px;margin-left:125px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-lyric2 b"]font-size:11px;color:#f41111;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-b"]width:0;height:276px;overflow:hidden;margin-left:-50px;transform:skew(-20deg);transition:width 1s ease;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-cover:hover .adrie-b"]width:600px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-c"]width:590px;height:200px;transform:skew(20deg);margin-left:-78px;background-image:linear-gradient(rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.3), rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.3)), url(https://i.imgur.com/LkangdN.jpg);background-position:114px 0;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-content1"]background-image:url(https://i.imgur.com/vQW3tEE.png);padding-top:40px;margin-top:-50px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-content2"]font-size:10px;line-height:14px;color:#a9a9a9;padding:40px;background:rgba(255,255,255,0);text-align:justify;font-family:arial;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-content2 b"]color:#b76e79;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-bg"]background:#f1f1f1;border:solid 1px #2B2B2B;width:150px;margin-top:10px;height:400px;background-attachment:fixed;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-heads"]font-size:10px;text-transform:uppercase;font-family:roboto;letter-spacing:1px;background:#f9f9f9;color:#444;font-weight:900;border:solid 1px #2B2B2B;width:115px;margin-top:20px;font-size:9px;margin-left:5px;padding:10px 0px 10px 20px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-icon"]transition:0.2s all;opacity:0;position:absolute;margin-top:16px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-note"]font-size:8px;text-align:center;font-family:roboto;letter-spacing:3px;padding-top:18px;color:#fff;text-transform:uppercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-note a"]font-size:8px;font-family:roboto;letter-spacing:3px;text-transform:uppercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-solid"]background:#ca3f46;height:20px;margin-top:3px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".bottome-acc"]background:#581717;background-attachment:fixed;height:50px;margin-top:-25px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-img img"]margin-top:-80px;position:relative;position:absolute;margin-left:-30px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-cover:hover .adrie-note"]transition:0.6s all;opacity:1;[/newclass]
[newclass=".top-acc"]-webkit-clip-path:polygon(0 90%,100% 55%,100% 100%,0% 100%);clip-path:polygon(0 90%,100% 50%,100% 100%,0% 100%);background:#581717;height:100px;margin-top:-100px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-img2 img"]shape-outside:circle(50%)!important;float:left;[/newclass]
[newclass=".inner-finally"]padding:20px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Magnetic

Admin Fox
He/Him
May 9th
Rustboro City
Bisexual
Archaeologist
Rocket Admin
The future will tempt you, the present will indulge you, but the past will shackle you.
awards
1,856 posts
part of
TAG WITH @magnetic
howard slayte
Shoveling Snow [M]
POSTED ON Dec 10, 2023 6:38:59 GMT
howard slayte Avatar
"Touché, but how do you sell a Dragonite skeleton? Any good museum is going to check a register to see if it was stolen, anyways. is a lot of things, but he's not stupid. He knows when something is stolen!"

A redundant question. Howard knew the most about selling illegally excavated fossils, especially when compared to anyone in Hoenn. The only other person who could compare was , and the ex-Admin was no longer attempting to sell to criminals. That meant that Howard was the only one in the game, thankfully.

But Eris didn't need to know that.

"It's an iconic piece. The Nacrene Museum in Unova has a complete skeleton. Other museums replicate them. It lets us date how far back Dragonites were flying about, which then lets us confirm if the theory about Dragonites fighting Aerodactyls is corr-"

Aaaand he was monologuing again. As Howard reached down and inspected the skull, his eye gleamed slightly. Maybe it was best to let the archaeologist tire himself out by talking so much.

close tab

played by

myriascope

rosie
she / her
October 14
Vermilion City, Kanto
unknown
demolition expert
Civilian
awards
4,781 posts
Eris Halla DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @eris
Eris Halla
Shoveling Snow [M]
POSTED ON Dec 14, 2023 8:32:31 GMT
Eris Halla Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","adrie-b"]
[attr="class","adrie-c"]
[attr="class","top-acc"]
[attr="class","inner-finally"]"Don't people just sell it like... cos it's cool, right? It doesn't have to be to a museum?" Cocking her head, Eris realises that she doesn't actually know a single thing about how people buy and sell artifacts. Well, legally at least.[break][break]

Oh, but Howard cuts himself off right as he's getting to the good part of his explanation. Kneeling down right beside him, she wonders just what he's looking for as he inspects the skull.[break][break]

"So, the whole... How do you date with just bones? And were Dragonites really flying around with Aerodactyls?"

[newclass=".adrie-cover"]background:#2B2B2B;border:solid 1px #2B2B2B;width:450px;padding:10px;margin:0 auto;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-ban"]position:relative;z-index:0;background:url(https://i.imgur.com/rd13hMM.jpg);-webkit-clip-path:polygon(50% 0%,100% 0,100% 75%,0 100%,0 0);clip-path:polygon(50% 0%,100% 0,100% 75%,0 100%,0 0);width:450px;height:200px;overflow:hidden;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-lyric1"]font-size:10px;color:#fff;letter-spacing:4px;position:absolute;text-transform:uppercase;font-family:roboto;text-align:right;padding-top:6px;margin-left:12px;text-shadow:1px 1px 0 #555,-1px -1px 0 #555,1px -1px 0 #555,-1px 1px 0 #555,3px 3px 5px #555;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-lyric2"]font-size:10px;color:#fff;letter-spacing:4px;position:absolute;text-transform:uppercase;font-family:roboto;text-align:right;padding-top:6px;margin-left:125px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-b"]width:0;height:276px;overflow:hidden;margin-left:-50px;transform:skew(-20deg);transition:width 1s ease;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-c"]width:590px;height:200px;transform:skew(20deg);margin-left:-78px;background-image:linear-gradient(rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.3), rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.3)), url(https://i.imgur.com/LkangdN.jpg);background-position:114px 0;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-content1"]background-image:url(https://i.imgur.com/vQW3tEE.png);padding-top:40px;margin-top:-50px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-content2"]font-size:10px;line-height:14px;color:#a9a9a9;padding:40px;background:rgba(255,255,255,0);text-align:justify;font-family:arial;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-bg"]background:#f1f1f1;border:solid 1px #2B2B2B;width:150px;margin-top:10px;height:400px;background-attachment:fixed;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-heads"]font-size:10px;text-transform:uppercase;font-family:roboto;letter-spacing:1px;background:#f9f9f9;color:#444;font-weight:900;border:solid 1px #2B2B2B;width:115px;margin-top:20px;font-size:9px;margin-left:5px;padding:10px 0px 10px 20px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-icon"]transition:0.2s all;opacity:0;position:absolute;margin-top:16px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-note"]font-size:8px;text-align:center;font-family:roboto;letter-spacing:3px;padding-top:18px;color:#fff;text-transform:uppercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-note a"]font-size:8px;font-family:roboto;letter-spacing:3px;text-transform:uppercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-solid"]background:#ca3f46;height:20px;margin-top:3px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".bottome-acc"]background:#581717;background-attachment:fixed;height:50px;margin-top:-25px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-img img"]margin-top:-80px;position:relative;position:absolute;margin-left:-30px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-cover:hover .adrie-note"]transition:0.6s all;opacity:1;[/newclass]
[newclass=".top-acc"]-webkit-clip-path:polygon(0 90%,100% 55%,100% 100%,0% 100%);clip-path:polygon(0 90%,100% 50%,100% 100%,0% 100%);background:#581717;height:100px;margin-top:-100px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-img2 img"]shape-outside:circle(50%)!important;float:left;[/newclass]

close tab

played by

Magnetic

Admin Fox
He/Him
May 9th
Rustboro City
Bisexual
Archaeologist
Rocket Admin
awards
1,856 posts
part of
TAG WITH @magnetic
howard slayte
Shoveling Snow [M]
POSTED ON Dec 14, 2023 19:21:53 GMT
howard slayte Avatar
"Yeah, they are cool! I knew you'd get it, little lady!"

Oh, how did Howard explain the world of illegal smuggling to Eris? The wonderful world of bootlegging, drug dealing, and other wonderful hustles that got you a life sentence in Hoenn's overflowing prison-industrial complex. If he wanted to explain that to Eris, he'd need to start back with the Industrial Revolution. Again.

Hoenn was not ready for such a speech.

"There are people who are superfans of rare items, who value historical artifacts for either the prestiege they bring, or because owning them makes the owner exclusive. Put frankly, they're idiots." Howard frowned. "Unfortunately, Eris, they're also rich idiots."

Before Eris was even born, and when Howard was a teenager, a full Dragonite fossil had sold for about seventy-one MILLION PD at auction.

"Well, I'll date how deteriorated the carbon is in the fossils. I'll reference it with living specimens, use Light Screen and whatnot to date... It's a complicated thingamajig. I think they have an exhibit on it at the National Museum of Natural History. I think gave a tour on it, once."

close tab

played by

myriascope

rosie
she / her
October 14
Vermilion City, Kanto
unknown
demolition expert
Civilian
awards
4,781 posts
Eris Halla DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @eris
Eris Halla
Shoveling Snow [M]
POSTED ON Dec 24, 2023 6:08:24 GMT
Eris Halla Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","adrie-b"]
[attr="class","adrie-c"]
[attr="class","top-acc"]
[attr="class","inner-finally"]"Don't they get in trouble if people find out?" Pursing her lips, she'll think a little harder on the matter. It doesn't take too many brain cells for her to form the frameworks of a thought, weaving it into existence with bits of pieces of information she already has. "Are you one of those rich idiots?"[break][break]

She had seen his receipt on Doug's food once. She knows just how careless he is with his money. Furrowing her brows, an idle finger tries to reach for the curvature of the eye sockets, the crunching of crispy Yeggo waffles filling the silence between them.[break][break]

"Also... are you gonna end up taking this skull to Rocket?"

close tab

played by

Magnetic

Admin Fox
He/Him
May 9th
Rustboro City
Bisexual
Archaeologist
Rocket Admin
awards
1,856 posts
part of
TAG WITH @magnetic
howard slayte
Shoveling Snow [M]
POSTED ON Dec 24, 2023 7:07:15 GMT
howard slayte Avatar
"I'm not a rich idiot!" Leave it to a kid to call out a brutal truth without softening the blow. Howard now knew what Eris—and all children's—purpose was in life: to tell the truth and make Howard's life miserable.

"A rich idiot," he waved a finger as he lectured Eris, "doesn't appreciate what he buys. He simply buys it because he believes it to be valuable. If I sold you this clump of dirt for 20,000 PD, and told you that everyone thought it was worth that much, and then you bought it, you'd be a rich idiot. You don't know why you're buying something, other than that it's valuable."

Howard put his hand on his chest, and took a bow.

"I simply ensure that people who value rare items go to people who can appreciate them. Whether that person is Declan Walsh, Gideon Graves, or anywhere in between... It simply helps if they have money to spare."

Yeggo waffles filled the silence with delectable crispness. Howard looked down at Eris and deflated slightly. It had been his plans, but now?

"Would I bring you along if that was my plan?" He asked her. "What would the point be, besides making you sad?"

close tab

played by

myriascope

rosie
she / her
October 14
Vermilion City, Kanto
unknown
demolition expert
Civilian
awards
4,781 posts
Eris Halla DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @eris
Eris Halla
Shoveling Snow [M]
POSTED ON Dec 31, 2023 9:56:07 GMT
Eris Halla Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","adrie-b"]
[attr="class","adrie-c"]
[attr="class","top-acc"]
[attr="class","inner-finally"]"You would." Despite how bad it feels, it doesn't take a lot to pull that doubt form her throat. For a moment, the crunching softens, the Pichu looking between both humans with a quiet coo.[break][break]

"I dunno. It could be because you needed someone to keep the thieves away. And I wouldn't be sad as long as you lied that you weren't gonna do it, right?" She doesn't mean to make him feel bad for his choices. Perhaps, she shouldn't have brought this topic up at all.[break][break]

"Couldn't we sell it to a museum? 'Cos it's a special part of history, right? People could learn stuff from it?"[break][break]

One last attempt. Maybe he'll agree to doing something good.

close tab

played by

Magnetic

Admin Fox
He/Him
May 9th
Rustboro City
Bisexual
Archaeologist
Rocket Admin
awards
1,856 posts
part of
TAG WITH @magnetic
howard slayte
Shoveling Snow [M]
POSTED ON Jan 1, 2024 3:11:36 GMT
howard slayte Avatar
"Yeah, I would." The words are cold, like the snow the two had trudged through. Their moment on that island felt like a distant memory. Howard had been promoted, since then. He had seen a primordial shard of the world wage war against him. He had stared down a Hyper Beam that would've killed him.

Yet instead of running away, he ran towards it. Towards death. Towards .

What was happening to him.

"But I'd do it like a coward. Like a rat. I'd tell you that I would do something, then turn around and do the other." The confession is brutal and honest, yet Howard was fine with uttering it. With Eris, it feels like a crime to lie. Yet it was also a fundamental rule. Howard Slayte would not lie, because he was a historian.

He swore to tell the truth.

"Let me make a call." Howard sighed and walked off. A few minutes later, Howard returned. "I'll find a museum."

close tab

played by

myriascope

rosie
she / her
October 14
Vermilion City, Kanto
unknown
demolition expert
Civilian
awards
4,781 posts
Eris Halla DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @eris
Eris Halla
Shoveling Snow [M]
POSTED ON Jan 3, 2024 10:18:30 GMT
Eris Halla Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","adrie-b"]
[attr="class","adrie-c"]
[attr="class","top-acc"]
[attr="class","inner-finally"]"You're not a coward." She interrupts without a hint of guilt, mismatched eyes keep their focus on him. "Telling the truth is a lot harder than people think it is."[break][break]

When he turns to make a call, she can't help but lean to try and keep him within her sights. The conversation seems long and for once, he seems rather serious with whatever he might be discussing. And when he returns with the affirmation that he'll indeed sell it to a museum, her eye lights up, instincts taking over as she leaps to pull him into a hug.[break][break]

"See! You can do it if you try!"

close tab

played by

Magnetic

Admin Fox
He/Him
May 9th
Rustboro City
Bisexual
Archaeologist
Rocket Admin
awards
1,856 posts
part of
TAG WITH @magnetic
howard slayte
Shoveling Snow [M]
POSTED ON Jan 5, 2024 9:00:32 GMT
howard slayte Avatar
"Because I don't view it as the truth, little lady. I view it as fact." The two seemed similar, but they weren't the same. There was a truth that was universal to humanity, but few would ever learn it. Howard placed value on both, on a accurate historical account of the world.

Yet he could not contribute to that account. He was simply a historian, observing the actions of greater people. Plus, Eris Halla was wrong. Howard Slayte was a liar, and he was a coward. If he wasn't one, he wouldn't be in Rocket. He would've accepted her offer on that island. He would've been free.

Yet he was more trapped than ever.

"Little lady, what're you-" She hugged him. "-doing...?"

This felt wrong. He didn't deserve this. He made sure to betray nothing on his face. His lip didn't tremble, and his eye didn't shake. Instead, he simply hugged her back. A moment of affection was a beacon in a harbor of observation.

"You're right, I can. Let's go home." Howard squeezed her hand, then gestured towards the fossils. "Help me gather them? I'm getting old, y'know? My knees aren't doing too well."

He smiled wryly, a twinkle of amusement in his eyes.

"If only I had a reliable little helper..."

close tab

played by

myriascope

rosie
she / her
October 14
Vermilion City, Kanto
unknown
demolition expert
Civilian
awards
4,781 posts
Eris Halla DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @eris
Eris Halla
Shoveling Snow [M]
POSTED ON Jan 14, 2024 9:18:17 GMT
Eris Halla Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","adrie-b"]
[attr="class","adrie-c"]
[attr="class","top-acc"]
[attr="class","inner-finally"]To love and care for others unconditionally. To expose herself to danger. To wish she could remain so painfully oblivious to whatever turmoil brews beneath the surface.[break][break]

You know that this will never end well.[break][break]

Oh, to be a fool. As he squeezes her hand and makes an all-too obvious hint, she can't help but snicker a little.[break][break]

"Ever considered a compress for your knees, old man?" Even still, she gestures to Mercury, watching as it makes careful work of the load. "Or maybe you could get some healing from Doug or Isaac? By the time they're done, your knees are gonna feel so new, you could probably lift these fossils no sweat."

close tab

played by

Magnetic

Admin Fox
He/Him
May 9th
Rustboro City
Bisexual
Archaeologist
Rocket Admin
awards
1,856 posts
part of
TAG WITH @magnetic
howard slayte
Shoveling Snow [M]
POSTED ON Jan 14, 2024 10:32:23 GMT
howard slayte Avatar
"You think Isaac would?" Howard scratched his chin thoughtfully. "Ask him for me, will you?"

He gives Eris a slight push, letting her lead the way. He trails behind her with several fossils in tow. He gives a whistle in the clean winter air as Eris leads the way.

What expression was on her face?

He considered calling out for her, in order to make her turn around. Maybe this was a question that he could leave unanswered. He'd let the lie live for a little while longer. It wasn't even the biggest lie he had told.

He felt his pocket, where a phone lie dormant. It was the same phone that he had called a museum with, in order to let Eris smile. He fingered the power button on the phone, before pressing it.

No beep rang out. The phone was dead. It had been for several hours.

I'm sorry. Howard Slayte thought as he followed Eris Halla through the snow.

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
39,014 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
Shoveling Snow [M]
POSTED ON Jan 15, 2024 2:07:04 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]MISSION COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: