[nospaces]

[attr="class","omgen"]
[attr="class","omgentop"]THE WILDS:[break]
LESSER MEGALOPOLIS

[attr="class","omgenmid"]

ONGOING EVENT
EXPLORATION

SKY PILLAR[break]✥ LESSER MEGALOPOLIS

[player]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/1035423510278979624/1102470275758567474/meglal.mp3[/player][break]
Ultra Megalopolis - Pokémon Ultra Sun & Ultra Moon
[break]

A RUINED CITY IN ULTRA SPACE. It is unclear whether this is a different universe's Ultra Megalopolis or smaller colony. Regardless, it is a dark city with intermittent sections of flickering, artificial light... Large, black prism-like skyscrapers loom above flat black streets. Much ruin has fallen here, but you get the sense that you're not alone...

PROMPTS

LIST OF PROMPTS

[attr="class","ynospace"]
  • 03 encounter hostile zombie-like MEGALOPOLANS that have been driven mad by the darkness. you may encounter any amount from a single one to a large swarm.
  • 06 hide.
  • 14 be quiet.
  • 18 attempt to spend the "night", surviving the elements or any threats.
  • 20 the city's tallest tower, lesser megalo tower, may occasionally flicker with a blinding light. every time the light turns on, the crazed megalopolans will attempt to flock toward it.
  • 🗺️ utilize a sygna suit in an advantageous way.

EXPEDITION TREASURES

AT THE END OF EACH EXPEDITION THREAD, all characters must ROLL for their final post. The HIGHEST FOUR ROLLS will be counted for what TREASURES are retrieved from the location. These treasures will be returned to each faction for future use...

[attr="class","pcContainer"]
[attr="class","greenBg"]

[attr="class","boxContainer"]
[attr="class","boxName"]YOUR HAUL

[attr="class","pcTable"]
[attr="class","pcFlip"]

[attr="class","slot material"]

RULES

PLEASE READ THE FOLLOWING GUIDELINES. A more comprehensive list of rules will be published in each event thread. These rules are also subject to change.[break][break][break]

[attr="class","ynospace"]
  • Your character can only be in ONE EXPEDITION THREAD at a time.
  • You may participate with all of your characters; however, be aware of your ability to post.
  • If a thread partner has not posted in awhile, please skip them in this event. Momentum is important for engagement.
  • Since these threads may feature combat, please be reasonable with your battling. Discuss with your group if you'd like one move per post, how many Pokemon are allowed to be brought, etc.
  • Try to keep posts short for clarity and speed.
  • Please be trusting and open to communicating with all of your thread partners.
  • Please INCLUDE WHICH PROMPTS you are using in your expedition thread.
  • Please have at least FIVE POSTS PER CHARACTER in your expedition thread.

IN YOUR FINAL POSTS, PLEASE ROLL.

[newclass=.ynospace li] padding: 5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.pcContainer]margin: 0 auto; margin-top: 25px; width: 325px; height: 150px; background: #2b2b2b; overflow: hidden; border-radius:5px; border:solid 2px #232323;[/newclass]
[newclass=.greenBg]position: relative; margin-left: -70%; width: 70%; height: 120%; background: #9DD404; transform: skewX(-30deg); border-right: 82px solid #96CD04; z-index: 0;[/newclass]
[newclass=.boxContainer]position: relative; margin: 0; margin-top: -150px; padding: 0; padding-left: 5px; width: 300px; margin-right: 350px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.boxName]background: #fefaff; width: 170px; border-radius: 50px; margin: 0 auto 5px 69px; padding-top: 5px; padding-bottom: 5px; font-family: Roboto; text-align: center; font-weight: bold; font-size: 16px; color: #000;[/newclass]
[newclass=.pcTable]overflow-x: hidden; overflow-y: scroll; direction: rtl; scrollbar-color: #7db302 #87c200; scrollbar-width: thin;[/newclass]
[newclass=.pcTable::-webkit-scrollbar]width: 7px; background-color: #87c200;[/newclass]
[newclass=.pcTable::-webkit-scrollbar-thumb]background-color: #7db302;[/newclass]
[newclass=.pcFlip]width: 310px; height: 300px; display: flex; flex-wrap: wrap; margin-right: -20px; direction: ltr;[/newclass]
[newclass=.slot]background: #fefaff; border-radius: 25%; margin: 10px; width: 40px; height: 40px; text-align: center; position: relative;[/newclass]
[newclass=.slot img]position: absolute; top: 0; bottom: 0; left: 0; right: 0; margin: auto;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Kost

Dragon-hooded girl
she/her
August 10
Fallarbor Town, Hoenn
Asexual
Minor Gym Leader
Ace (Civilian)
5'11" (180 cm) height
5'11" (180 cm) height
I wanna become a Pokémon!
awards
1,679 posts
part of
TAG WITH @andreavaneau
Andrea Vaneau
LESSER MEGALOPOLIS: AS #2
POSTED ON Dec 8, 2023 8:31:57 GMT
Andrea Vaneau Avatar
Last time on Dragon Ball Z, our interpid adventurers had found an abandoned university within Lesser Megalopolis filled with vending machines that dispensed dubious drinks. There, a wacky-looking Ultra Beast appeared, exploding its own head. Did our heroes survive?

Well, this would be a very short thread if they hadn't.

Blacephalon's explosive antics had caused the building's entrance to cave in, leaving the two humans trapped inside the dilapidated institution, but otherwise safe and sound. Talk about plot armor!

"Guess we're stuck." Andrea said, while dragging a mattress and some bed sheets from the dorm rooms into the main hall, her Illumina Slowking lighting the way for her with its glowing body. "Might as well look for something edible if we're gonna spend the night here." The weirdly-dressed woman proposed.

18 attempt to spend the "night", surviving the elements or any threats.

close tab

played by

Raptor

Shredder
He/Him
December 25th
Spikemunth
Northeast
Wastrel
Rocket Beast
I survived because the fire inside me burned brighter than the fire around me.
awards
722 posts
part of
TAG WITH @shredzeppelin
Shred Zeppelin
POSTED ON Dec 15, 2023 14:04:38 GMT
Shred Zeppelin Avatar
"I'm losing it. I'm losing it. I'm seriously losing it right now..."

Needless to say, you aren't taking the whole "trapped in an abandoned alien building in an abandoned alien city in an abandoned alien dimension" thing very well. This was supposed to be a simple scouting mission, and all of a sudden, you've found yourself stuck in this shitty situation. You don't deserve this. Do you deserve bad things to happen to you? Probably, yeah, but not this. This is too much. This is a cruel and unusual punishment you wouldn't wish on your worst enemy.

"I swear, if I ever see that fucking bastard clown again... I'm gonna fucking kill him with my bare hands... I swear to Arceus, I'll fucking do it, I fucking will, I really fucking will..."

You've spent the last twenty minutes sitting on the floor, head in your hands and back to the wall. You foolishly didn't bring any cigarettes, or booze with you, so unfortunately, this is the only coping mechanism you have left. Some might call this an overreaction, but personally? Considering the circumstances, you think having yourself a little breakdown is justified. It's like your little treat, right? You're having a bad day. You deserve to have a little episode, as a treat.

It doesn't help that you're stuck in here with this costumed lunatic. It makes you feel like this isn't real, like it's a hallucinatory trip or an absurd dream instead of reality. And, really, that just pisses you off even more.

"Oh, yeah, real simple." You remark, sarcasm bubbling up from the back of your throat like bile. "So easy. Why didn't I think of that? We just need to find something edible in this post-apocalyptic dimension full of man-eating aliens and hostile Ultra Beasts! It's really just THAT easy, huh? You're a real fuckin' genius, you know that? What WILL you think of next?"

close tab

played by

Kost

Dragon-hooded girl
she/her
August 10
Fallarbor Town, Hoenn
Asexual
Minor Gym Leader
Ace (Civilian)
5'11" (180 cm) height
5'11" (180 cm) height
awards
1,679 posts
part of
TAG WITH @andreavaneau
Andrea Vaneau
POSTED ON Dec 16, 2023 11:32:03 GMT
Andrea Vaneau Avatar
Andrea mostly ignored the man's paranoid ramblings in favor of setting up a pair of pallets for them to sleep on for the night. When Shred ranted about a freaking clown, the Slowking looked down at the striped ruff around its neck, while letting out a confused "Slooow?"

His sarcastic outburst elicited a pout from the dragon-cosplaying woman. "Hey, I'm just trying to be positive! What have you done since we got stuck here other than being a negative Nancy? You're not very helpful, you know." She countered, putting her hands around her waist. "Besides, there are no man-eating aliens here. If there were, we would've already seen them."

"Uuughhhhhh..."

A drawn-out, zombie-like moan broke their quarrel. Standing limply behind the duo was a pale, humanoid figure clad in the standard jumpsuit most Megalopolans wore. They looked malnourished and like they hadn't showered in weeks. Sunken eyes stared eerily at the two humans, foamy drool dripping from a mouth filled with yellow teeth.

The young PokéManiac nervously raised her hand in a greeting. "H-hi. H-how are you?"

03 encounter hostile zombie-like MEGALOPOLANS that have been driven mad by the darkness. you may encounter any amount from a single one to a large swarm.

close tab

played by

Raptor

Shredder
He/Him
December 25th
Spikemunth
Northeast
Wastrel
Rocket Beast
awards
722 posts
part of
TAG WITH @shredzeppelin
Shred Zeppelin
POSTED ON Dec 27, 2023 2:11:37 GMT
Shred Zeppelin Avatar
"SHIT!"

CRUNCH!

It's almost surprising, how quickly to move to attack the monstrous Megalopolan. One minute you're sitting down, incoherently mumbling to yourself, and the next, you're delivering a leaping dropkick to the head of the ghoul. You can practically feel his face crumpling underneath your boots, as though you were stepping on an empty tin can instead of the face of a (presumably) living being. In one sense, it's pretty gruesome, but in another? Its actually pretty cathartic. After the day you've had, you deserve it. This? This is your little treat.

As both you and the Megalopolan hit the ground, you quickly scramble to your feet, while the alien writhes around on the ground, probably in a great amount of pain. At the very least, it seems like you took this one down, but the key word there is "this one". You've seen enough zombie movies to know that where there's one, there's more.

"We need to get out of here." You declare, frantically looking around, as though you might find some exit that you miraculously missed. "We can't stay here. It's not safe. Who knows how many of these bastards are around here? We need to get out of here, before--"

You're interrupted by the sound of growling and grumbling coming from all around you. But as you look around, you don't see the monsters in the halls, nor are they emerging from the classroom. No, it's only after a few moments of paranoid glancing, of listening to the groans and moans without a source, that you make your horrifying revelation.

"They're in the walls."

close tab

played by

Kost

Dragon-hooded girl
she/her
August 10
Fallarbor Town, Hoenn
Asexual
Minor Gym Leader
Ace (Civilian)
5'11" (180 cm) height
5'11" (180 cm) height
awards
1,679 posts
part of
TAG WITH @andreavaneau
Andrea Vaneau
POSTED ON Dec 30, 2023 18:03:45 GMT
Andrea Vaneau Avatar
//TW: unconsentual face-licking, blood

The immediate threat had been knocked out, but then the Rocket Beast made the harrowing discovery that an entire horde of those mindless cannibals were crawling inside the dilapidated institution's architecture.

"What do you mean they're--EEP!" Suddenly, the zombie-like Megalopolan came back to life and grabbed Andrea by the ankle, causing her to lose her balance. An ENRAGED, green-scaled Hydreigon emerged from one of the eccentric trainer's Pokéballs, ready to defend her.

"G-get away from me! Icky! Your breath stinks!" Cried the girl as the decrepit ghoul pinned her down, licking her tender cheek with a disgusting, slimy tongue.

"Tasty.. soft flesh... gonna.. eat you..."

Andrea's pupils narrowed into slits. "Not if I eat you first! RAWR!" She sank her unusually sharp fangs into the Megalopolan's shoulder, Crunching down until alien blood splurted out. The extraterrestrial writhed in pain, before an Outrage shut him up for good.

With a second Outrage, the shiny Hydreigon blew a gaping hole through the outer wall of the building, creating an exit for the two stranded humans to escape. Huh, weird. Why didn't they think of doing that earlier?

"Great job, Chomper! Now let's go!" The Sygna Suit user said, only to then wipe her chin with her hand. To her shock, she had blood that was not her own and bits of flesh all over her face. "Eh?! When did I eat raw meat?" She muttered, the last few seconds a blur in her mind.

🗺️ utilize a sygna suit in an advantageous way.

close tab

played by

Raptor

Shredder
He/Him
December 25th
Spikemunth
Northeast
Wastrel
Rocket Beast
awards
722 posts
part of
TAG WITH @shredzeppelin
Shred Zeppelin
POSTED ON Jan 4, 2024 6:36:30 GMT
Shred Zeppelin Avatar
"Don't worry about it! Just MOVE!"

You don't linger on the traumatic incident Andrea just went through. Instead, you rush towards the hole in the wall, eager to make your escape. You can't afford to wait here any longer. You need to get the hell out of here, before even more zombies show up and--

"Food... FOOD...!"
"SO HUNGRY... Gotta eat..."
"Succulent, succulent flesh...!"

Fucking hell, there's more of them outside! You spit out a curse under your breath before grabbing a Pokeball from your belt. Well, nothing else for it, you suppose. You're just going to have to push through by any means necessary, and luckily, you've got plenty of means at your disposal, and right now? They're very, VERY necessary.

"Beedrill, Pin Missile!"

"Buzz! Kill! BUZZ! KILL!"

As the hornet unleashes a barrage of drills into the mob of cannibals, you proceed to duck through, trying to make it through to the other side.

close tab

played by

Kost

Dragon-hooded girl
she/her
August 10
Fallarbor Town, Hoenn
Asexual
Minor Gym Leader
Ace (Civilian)
5'11" (180 cm) height
5'11" (180 cm) height
awards
1,679 posts
part of
TAG WITH @andreavaneau
Andrea Vaneau
POSTED ON Jan 4, 2024 12:00:28 GMT
Andrea Vaneau Avatar
"Did your Beedrill just talk?!" Exclaimed the young PokéManiac in shock. Either her sanity was slowly slipping away, or she'd definitely just heard it say 'kill'. Paranoid hallucinations aside, while the literal murder hornet and Chomper mowed down the ravenous horde, the girl ducked after the Rocket Beast, following his lead.

Once they'd made it to the other side, Andrea cupped her hands around her mouth, hollering at her companion. "Chomper, take Bronson with you and Fly out of reach!" Her Hydreigon nodded, grabbing the Slowking's tail with its powerful jaws, before taking off into the pitch-black sky. The pink monarch did not protest at all to this arrangement, keeping the same dopey expression as always.

With that, the costumed woman pointed at an abandoned vehicle of some description, wordlessly telling Shred that they could use it as a hiding spot. The Megalopolans were still human (sort of). They couldn't use their noses to track down prey like a Pokémon could. Because of this, losing them was much easier. All they had to do was stay out of sight and keep quiet.

06 hide.
14 be quiet.

close tab

played by

Raptor

Shredder
He/Him
December 25th
Spikemunth
Northeast
Wastrel
Rocket Beast
awards
722 posts
part of
TAG WITH @shredzeppelin
Shred Zeppelin
POSTED ON Jan 9, 2024 21:37:36 GMT
Shred Zeppelin Avatar
No. Your Beedrill didn't just talk. Your ability to hear the voices of your Pokemon is all just a cruel yet elaborate and occasionally infectious hallucination. If Andrea is also hearing it, then her delusions are unaffiliated with your own, and if she tries to claim they're similar, then your mental illness is going to cease and desist her brain damage.

Legal issues aside, you quickly recall your rather loud Beedrill back into his Pokeball and make a run for the strange alien van, pulling it open and throwing yourself into the back. Then, as soon as Andrea makes it inside, you close the door behind you as quietly as you can.

Then, you take a moment to wonder how the hell this situation managed to get even worse.

This is a mess. It's a disaster! It's like Route 119 all over again, but more dire in every appreciable way! Well, not every appreciable way, you suppose. None of these Megalopolans have that fucked-up chain, which is at least the silver lining to this cloud. A very, very slim silver lining. Barely perceptible. Almost invisible. But, it does exist.

...Are the aliens gone yet?

close tab

played by

Kost

Dragon-hooded girl
she/her
August 10
Fallarbor Town, Hoenn
Asexual
Minor Gym Leader
Ace (Civilian)
5'11" (180 cm) height
5'11" (180 cm) height
awards
1,679 posts
part of
TAG WITH @andreavaneau
Andrea Vaneau
POSTED ON Jan 9, 2024 22:17:18 GMT
Andrea Vaneau Avatar
Andrea kept her hands clasped over her mouth, tears trickling down her digits as she tried to stay completely silent. The putrid aftertaste of blood in her mouth made her want to vomit. Had she really tried to kill someone in her frenzied state? This was the second time she'd lost control while using her Sygna Suit. Was she slowly turning into a monster?

Nothing but the sounds of footsteps and the zombie-like moans of alien cannibals could be heard. Suddenly, the tallest skyscraper in the derelict metropolis lit up like a beacon, its blinding luminescence illuminating the darkness-infested world. The Megalopolans instantly began flocking towards the gleaming tower, attracted to it like moths to a flame.

"Light... so beautiful... so warm..."

An airborne Chomper stared at the shining Lesser Megalo Tower with narrowed eyes, all the while carrying Bronson in his middle mouth and tirelessly flapping his six wings in order to stay afloat. That structure gave off eerie vibes.

Before long, the entire city block was completely abandoned. Andrea tentatively peeked through the window, confirming that the coast was clear. "That tower looks important to them..." The young cosplayer observed, speaking in a hushed voice. "Next time we're here, we should investigate it." She said, although part of her wished she never had to come back there.

20 the city's tallest tower, lesser megalo tower, may occasionally flicker with a blinding light. every time the light turns on, the crazed megalopolans will attempt to flock toward it.

eyl2AqdH

close tab

played by

Raptor

Shredder
He/Him
December 25th
Spikemunth
Northeast
Wastrel
Rocket Beast
awards
722 posts
part of
TAG WITH @shredzeppelin
Shred Zeppelin
POSTED ON Jan 15, 2024 7:03:49 GMT
Shred Zeppelin Avatar
Thank fuck, the aliens left. Seems like that giant tower lured them away, which is a long overdue stroke of luck in your favour. With that horrible chase over and done with, you allow yourself to breathe a long, hard sigh of relief. It really is just one thing after the other, isn't it? As soon as you get out of here, the first thing you're going to do is chainsmoke a whole pack of cigarettes. But first...

"Yeah, no, there's not going to be a next time."

You've had enough. The buck stops here. You're putting your foot down! Every second you've spent here with Andrea has been annoying at best, and completely miserable at worst, and you're not going to tolerate it even a second longer than you have to! You're done. This is over. You're DONE!

"As soon as I get out of here, I'm never coming back, and I never want to see you again." You scowl, dragging yourself out from the back of the vehicle as you glance around. You're done playing chaperone. You're just going to go back the way you come, take the Rocket wormhole, and wash your hands of this entire sordid affair. "You hear me? As soon as we leave, we're done. There is NO next time. Got it?"

Honk.

"Good, now hurry up and let's--"

...Oh, for fuck's sake.

SsIzFGbP