Ecruteak, Johto
Bisexual
Prophetess
Head Scientist
I cannot conceive of a universe
without you in it
5'2" / 157 cm height
5'2" / 157 cm height
Curiosity is one of the great secrets of happiness.
awards
1,354 posts
Naomi Sato DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @nomi
Naomi Sato
WORLDMAKERS [S]
POSTED ON Dec 8, 2023 17:27:56 GMT
Naomi Sato Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","nomitest8"]
[attr="class","body"]

Waves crashed against a secluded, unmapped cliffside: high ground above a lonely seaside, unknowable save for those willing to risk the turbulent winds and massive, jutting rock formations to reach its misted peak.[break][break]
Nowhere was unknowable - nowhere was inaccessible - to the children of creation, however.[break][break]
A figure, small in stature, pink hair whipping about her rounded, reddened cheeks, manifested out of thin air outside the secluded cottage built upon the rocky spire. Stepping through the rift formed by her kin, she faced the home of the Peacemaker with a curious resolve. The sky high dragon was nowhere to be seen, but that did not mean it wasn't watching. Wasn't present.[break][break]
It knows we are here, she understood, through Kallistatus's chronicled awareness of the universe's various deities. And it let them approach because it likely recognized the Unown for what they were, first and foremost: messengers.[break][break]
Nomi moved lightly through patches of pebbled grass, approaching the home of with respect for her station. This was a woman Nomi had long hoped to converse with, and now, more than ever, it was imperative that they collaborate.[break][break]
She knocked.

TAGS[break]
NOTES – Social[break][break]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]

[newclass=".nomitest8"]--accent:#f798d6;font:13px Roboto;[/newclass]
[newclass=".nomitest8 b"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".nomitest8 i"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".nomitest8 u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".nomitest8 a"]font:13px Roboto;color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".nomitest8 h1"]font:16px Roboto;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=".nomitest8 h2"]font:14px Roboto;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=".nomitest8 .body"]background-image:url("https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png");background-position:bottom;background-repeat:no-repeat;text-align:justify;[/newclass]
[newclass=".nomitest8 .pkmn img"]margin:-10px -7px 0px -7px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".nomitest8 .credit"]font-size:13px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

BD

The Peacemaker
She / Her
January 25
Pallet Town, Kanto
Heterosexual...?
Veterinarian
Head Prof / Major
I HOPE
you dream of me
5'3'' height
5'3'' height
My legacy is in the lives I save
awards
3,757 posts
Eva Morales DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dreva
Eva Morales
WORLDMAKERS [S]
POSTED ON Dec 14, 2023 1:41:19 GMT
Eva Morales Avatar
[attr="class","eva"]
[attr="class","top"]

It was a secluded place, a retreat hidden in the clouds. Misty fog from the sea rose and blanketed the cottage in the morning and retreated into the woods as the day progressed. Harsh winds made the small cottage dwelling shudder and moan like a harmonizing choir. The song was nearly consistent and had become peaceful white noise. Eva didn’t mind the wind. She was the wind.

No one could get here, save for the brilliant flier on the back of a dragon like . But even her dearest friend wasn’t privy to the cottage’s location - not yet. Freya had been close when they raced through the canyons and valleys that carved a road to the sea through the island.

When a knock interrupted the usual song, it took the professor by surprise. A sharp jolt of recognition hummed through the tether between her and her deity, and soon she wouldn’t be alone.

The Lycanroc at her feet growled, their hair standing on end in response to their trainer’s uneasiness, “It’s fine,” she cooed, calming the pokemon that rose to follow her to the door.

Anyone at this door wouldn’t lead to anything good.

Slowly, the door opened. When the wind caught it, it slammed the rest of the way like a bullet from a pistol, smacking violently against the wooden cabin’s side. Eva couldn’t believe what she was seeing. That disbelief showed on her face as she simply just stared at Nomi. She looked far too put together to have braved the flight up here.

Eva quickly glanced around, only her own equally surprised pokemon dotted the cliffside’s small, flat top, “How did you find me?” Eva could read people. And though she typically gave them the benefit of the doubt, she sensed no ill intentions from this stranger so Nomi would find no aggression from Eva - not yet.

The god that raced towards them from space may not be as welcoming.

[attr="class","milkcredit"]MILKY
[newclass=".eva"]--accent:#298A08; position:relative; [/newclass] [newclass=".eva blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:40px 70px; [/newclass] [newclass=".eva blockquote b, .eva blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) [/newclass] [newclass=".eva .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:470px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #298A08; [/newclass] [newclass=.eva .milkcredit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:25px; right:41px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #222, 1px -1px 0 #222, -1px 1px 0 #222, 1px 1px 0 #222; text-transform:uppercase;font-weight:bold[/newclass] [newclass=.eva .milkcredit a]font-weight:bold; color:var(--accent)!important;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

nellethiel

Nomi; The Visionary
She/Her
November 9
Ecruteak, Johto
Bisexual
Prophetess
Head Scientist
without you in it
5'2" / 157 cm height
5'2" / 157 cm height
awards
1,354 posts
Naomi Sato DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @nomi
Naomi Sato
WORLDMAKERS [S]
POSTED ON Dec 14, 2023 17:20:23 GMT
Naomi Sato Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","body"]

"Hello," Nomi greeted in return, tone pleasant and casual, as if she had not just manifested out of thin air right outside 's unreachable home. "How did I find you?" She blinked, long lashes fluttering against the frigid breeze. "Research, of course. I am a scientist, same as you."[break][break]
Crimson eyes gazed up at the other woman, really drinking in the sight of her confounded expression. Eva's body language wasn't aggressive - she had no immediate reason to defend her home against a figure as seemingly harmless as Nomi - but there was a certain tension to the way she framed her own doorway. It wasn't intimidation so much as...readiness.[break][break]
A slight pressure began to build, weighing on Nomi's mind. The wind kicked up, and she instinctively huddled closer to the building.[break][break]
Rayquaza is coming, the Unown chorused.[break][break]
"But if what you're actually asking is, how did I get here, well. That was a simple matter of interdimensional teleportation." She glanced at Kallistatus. "Which is to say: the Unown brought me here."

TAGS[break]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]

[newclass=".nomitest8 u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".nomitest8 h1"]font:16px Roboto;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=".nomitest8 h2"]font:14px Roboto;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=".nomitest8 .body"]background-image:url("https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png");background-position:bottom;background-repeat:no-repeat;text-align:justify;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

BD

The Peacemaker
She / Her
January 25
Pallet Town, Kanto
Heterosexual...?
Veterinarian
Head Prof / Major
I HOPE
you dream of me
5'3'' height
5'3'' height
awards
3,757 posts
Eva Morales DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dreva
Eva Morales
WORLDMAKERS [S]
POSTED ON Dec 16, 2023 4:34:24 GMT
Eva Morales Avatar
[attr="class","eva"]
[attr="class","top"]

The comparison of the kinship in the pursuit of knowledge made Eva wrinkle her nose. Not out of spite, she held her colleagues dear, but she didn’t buy that ‘research’ revealed the location of her very private home. It wasn’t listed anywhere, no one knew of it. It was impossible to get to without a strong flier. It was the ideal location for her to be at peace with ample room enough for her patron to roam. Rayquaza landing the streets of Ever Grande was a bit much, even for a region used to seeing the guardian flash across the skies now-a-days.

Speaking of which . . .

Eva lifted her gaze to the gray, clouded sky. A flash of brilliant green marred its lackluster appearance. The violent winds that tore across the small plateau ceased to exist in a moment.

Their arrival was abrupt, almost as if they had teleported themself. The sudden stop to their unmatched speed sent a tremor through the air that rattled bones. The serpent loomed above them, a watching golden eye fixed on the woman opposite Eva.

They sensed . . . something hidden.

Their claws flexed, pressing the strong feeling of both curiosity and caution on their chosen.

“The Unown,” Eva continued, settling the beast with her own pulse of calm through their tether, “I’ve heard of you,” her voice sounded whimsical and her mind trailed off to draw out a detail of a report tucked away in the recesses of her mind, “What do you want?”

[newclass=".eva"]--accent:#298A08; position:relative; [/newclass] [newclass=".eva blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:40px 70px; [/newclass] [newclass=".eva blockquote b, .eva blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) [/newclass] [newclass=".eva .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:470px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #298A08; [/newclass] [newclass=.eva .milkcredit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:25px; right:41px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #222, 1px -1px 0 #222, -1px 1px 0 #222, 1px 1px 0 #222; text-transform:uppercase;font-weight:bold[/newclass] [newclass=.eva .milkcredit a]font-weight:bold; color:var(--accent)!important;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

nellethiel

Nomi; The Visionary
She/Her
November 9
Ecruteak, Johto
Bisexual
Prophetess
Head Scientist
without you in it
5'2" / 157 cm height
5'2" / 157 cm height
awards
1,354 posts
Naomi Sato DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @nomi
Naomi Sato
WORLDMAKERS [S]
POSTED ON Dec 20, 2023 3:02:43 GMT
Naomi Sato Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","body"]

Wind and warning heralded the arrival of the great dragon, and Nomi could feel the intensity of its golden gaze bearing down on her before she glanced upwards, taking in its glory.[break][break]
She stared back at it, and as it judged her, she could not help but whisper - "I don't mean her any harm" - because, though her mission was urgent and her burden heavy, she suddenly understood with a crystalline clarity that here was another Avatarship built upon the foundations of love and trust.[break][break]
She turned her crimson eyes on Eva once more, and flashed the woman a wry smile as her own reputation preceded her.[break][break]
"Heard of me? Good. That means my message has reached others in the Aqua Assembly, as I intended."[break][break]
Nomi held out her hands, palms up, as if in offering. Kallistatus drifted upwards, towards the dragon looming above, a proper greeting between ancients.[break][break]
"I want your help," Nomi replied truthfully. "You are the Peacemaker, are you not? Surely if there is anyone willing to set aside the ongoing conflict between the League and Team Rocket in favor of saving the world - it would be you."

TAGS[break]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]

close tab

played by

BD

The Peacemaker
She / Her
January 25
Pallet Town, Kanto
Heterosexual...?
Veterinarian
Head Prof / Major
I HOPE
you dream of me
5'3'' height
5'3'' height
awards
3,757 posts
Eva Morales DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dreva
Eva Morales
WORLDMAKERS [S]
POSTED ON Dec 24, 2023 7:09:39 GMT
Eva Morales Avatar
[attr="class","eva"]
[attr="class","top"]

Rayquaza regarded the ancient with an indifferent demeanor. Caution thrummed through their core, resonating in Eva as well. It didn’t make them unwelcome, just distant. For now.

Eva accepted Nomi’s offering of peace, silencing the winds so the roar of their power descended into a whisper. It made for more pleasant conversation. After a brief, shared glance between her and her deity, Eva stepped aside, welcoming Nomi into her humble home. She put the waiting Lycanroc at ease with a gentle pat on the head. It sniffed at Nomi warily, eventually letting its tail slowly swing in a welcoming wag.

“I understand the need for it,” finally admitted, flashbacks to the latest AQUA Assembly making her jaw clench in distaste. She was nearly crucified alive for suggesting a parlay with Team Rocket, “But that requires a level of trust neither side has,” Even Eva, a forgiving and selfless woman, has no trust for the organization, “How do you propose we tackle that hurdle?” she turned to face Nomi when they entered the little living room a few steps into the domicile, “I brought up the idea at the last AQUA Assembly and it was met with enthusiastic resistance.”

close tab

played by

nellethiel

Nomi; The Visionary
She/Her
November 9
Ecruteak, Johto
Bisexual
Prophetess
Head Scientist
without you in it
5'2" / 157 cm height
5'2" / 157 cm height
awards
1,354 posts
Naomi Sato DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @nomi
Naomi Sato
WORLDMAKERS [S]
POSTED ON Dec 24, 2023 13:11:39 GMT
Naomi Sato Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","body"]

A cozy, welcoming warmth encased Nomi as she crossed the threshold into Eva's home. It was by no means lavish - just enough space to get by - but there was something about it that made Nomi feel oddly nostalgic. As if she had once visited somewhere similar, though the memories were hazy at best.[break][break]
She leaned over to settle a gentle hand atop the Lycanroc's head, ruffling its fur. Kallistatus remained outside with Rayquaza. It could teleport to Nomi at a moment's notice, so she did not mind: somehow, it felt more important for it to treat with the legendary dragon on its own terms, as if they too were having a conversation that went beyond human comprehension.[break][break]
"That does not surprise me," Nomi murmured, remembering the vitriol in 's voice when she'd attempted to reason with him. "Team Rocket has not been kind to this region - less so to others." She did not sound apologetic so much as matter-of-fact. "I am doing what I can to temper their grudges, but Eva...the only way I know how to convince anyone of anything is with data."[break][break]
She straightened, turning her attention fully on the other woman.[break][break]
"We need to present unbiased facts to both Rocket's leadership and the League government...that if we remain as divided as we are, we won't stand a chance against the DRK Triad. In fact, I believe they are banking on just that: our conflict destroying us."

TAGS[break]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]

close tab

played by

BD

The Peacemaker
She / Her
January 25
Pallet Town, Kanto
Heterosexual...?
Veterinarian
Head Prof / Major
I HOPE
you dream of me
5'3'' height
5'3'' height
awards
3,757 posts
Eva Morales DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dreva
Eva Morales
WORLDMAKERS [S]
POSTED ON Jan 2, 2024 6:34:59 GMT
Eva Morales Avatar
[attr="class","eva"]
[attr="class","top"]

Eva couldn’t help but smile as she slowly walked through the small living space to the attached kitchen. A gentle curl of steam rose from the kettle placed on the burner of the stove. She had obviously been in the middle of making tea when Nomi arrived. The water was not yet hot, but one mug sat idly with a tea bag hanging off the side on the small kitchen table. Eva moved to retrieve another without asking if Nomi wanted any tea. She’d make her some anyway.

“You don’t have to preach to the choir. I agree with you 100%. But . . .” there was always a but, “I think you’re overestimating both Rocket and the League’s ability to see past their conflict and acknowledge the greater good: What is best for Hoenn, and not themselves individually,” at their roots, both organizations were selfish. The League was just better about marketing it. And they didn’t murder in the process . . . most of the time.

“Tell me, how long have you been affiliated with Team Rocket?” she set the second mug on the table, letting another teabag fall into it carelessly.

close tab

played by

nellethiel

Nomi; The Visionary
She/Her
November 9
Ecruteak, Johto
Bisexual
Prophetess
Head Scientist
without you in it
5'2" / 157 cm height
5'2" / 157 cm height
awards
1,354 posts
Naomi Sato DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @nomi
Naomi Sato
WORLDMAKERS [S]
POSTED ON Jan 4, 2024 4:54:42 GMT
Naomi Sato Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","body"]

Nomi was glad for the tea, though she found herself hoping it was caffeinated. Too many late nights were starting to take a toll on her...sometimes seeking answers, sometimes losing herself in the throes of passion. She found it difficult to compromise on either. kept her grounded. The science kept her sane.[break][break]
"A few years," Nomi answered promptly. At this point, she had nothing to hide - save for the identities of her Rocket peers, of course. Their lives - and their choices - were their own.[break][break]
"My parents - the scientists Dr. Yuri and Karin Sato - disappeared when I was a toddler. I was barely old enough to remember them. They left for a special assignment in Kanto and never returned."[break][break]
Nomi's tone was clinical. Detached. She wasn't necessarily here to garner Eva's sympathy - just give her the facts. Besides, Nomi had long since buried her grief.[break][break]
"Their academic peers called it a 'tragic accident', but I joined Team Rocket to find out what had really happened to them."[break][break]
She blew on the tea, disturbing the steam in an attempt to cool it.[break][break]
"I eventually found what I was looking for - though not entirely how I'd expected to."[break][break]
The Ultra Deep Sea. The Dream Mist. 's memories, drawn violently out of him like toxin from a wound.[break][break]
"By then, however, it was far too late. I was committed to the cause. Accustomed to the resources at my disposal. And - " She paused, looking up to meet Eva's patient gaze. Now the emotion swelled, unable to be contained any longer. "For the first time in my life, I had a family."

TAGS[break]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]

close tab

played by

BD

The Peacemaker
She / Her
January 25
Pallet Town, Kanto
Heterosexual...?
Veterinarian
Head Prof / Major
I HOPE
you dream of me
5'3'' height
5'3'' height
awards
3,757 posts
Eva Morales DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dreva
Eva Morales
WORLDMAKERS [S]
POSTED ON Feb 26, 2024 5:26:54 GMT
Eva Morales Avatar
[attr="class","eva"]
[attr="class","top"]

The water boiled while Nomi told her story. Eva listened intently, nodding every now and then with understanding. All roads lead back to Kanto it seemed. Despite being a woman of science, she was an emotional being. Although Nomi recited her loss with clinical precision, Eva couldn’t help but feel sympathy. She knew what it was like to loss everything.

“I’m sorry about your parents. Kanto wasn’t a kind place. Especially for those with ideas,” the ghost of a smile that lacked the reassurance she hoped creased over her face as she poured the hot water for the dark tea. Of course it was caffeinated. Eva and Nomi suffered similar side effects though for different reasons.

“You understand Rocket, then. Better than most being from . . . both sides,” the innocent and the guilty, “Then you know that’s a big ask. Blasphemous, even. They’ll call you a traitor. Maybe even lock you up for such radical ideas,” Eva pushed a steeping cup of tea across the table and sat down. She cradled hers between her palms, “To people like us, facts are easy to accept. We see the big picture, the future, look for answers to our questions steps ahead then where we are. To people like them, and even people within the League, their biases and polarity blind them to the truth, to seeing past limitations already in place. They fear change. I’ve preached until I’m blue in the face to avail. Even with a common enemy holding a knife at their throats, they deny the need for any sort of compromise. No, trying to move the unmovable mountain would be a waste of our precious time. For the only ones who can move mountains . . . are gods,” Like them. Her gaze slowly lifted from the white steam crawling out of her mug to meet Nomi’s, “I’m afraid we don’t have much time left.”

close tab

played by

nellethiel

Nomi; The Visionary
She/Her
November 9
Ecruteak, Johto
Bisexual
Prophetess
Head Scientist
without you in it
5'2" / 157 cm height
5'2" / 157 cm height
awards
1,354 posts
Naomi Sato DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @nomi
Naomi Sato
WORLDMAKERS [S]
POSTED ON Feb 27, 2024 16:15:33 GMT
Naomi Sato Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","body"]

Especially for those with ideas.[break][break]
Nomi blew on the tea: to stave off the sorrow that threatened her resolve as much as to cool the steaming liquid. She endured Eva's sympathy, staring down into the her cup, her own vague reflection a grounding anchor amidst the past's stormy seas.[break][break]
"It is a necessary ask," Nomi murmured finally, once Eva had finished speaking. Only then did she glance up to meet the professor's emerald gaze once more. "There are some in Rocket who will see my consorting with the League as betrayal, yes. There are others I believe can be convinced that a truce with the League is our best chance at survival." She paused. "After all, there won't be a Hoenn to rule if it gets destroyed. The Rocket agenda cannot succeed if the DRK Triad takes the region first."[break][break]
And after? If they all survived? Well, they'd have to cross that bridge when they came to it. They had to first make sure there would even be a bridge.[break][break]
For the only ones who can move mountains . . . are gods.[break][break]
"I hear you: this won't be easy. But that's the thing, Eva. We don't need everyone to compromise. We just need the majority. And, with any luck, that majority will include those that have earned the favor of gods. Avatars are volatile, but the DRK Triad fears them. There's a reason for that, I think."[break][break]
Especially given that the DRK Triad had not foreseen the details of her own Avatarship. She had surprised them, as had .[break][break]
Nomi took a sip of tea, and it only burned a little. It was otherwise quite good, spiced enough to tingle the tongue and wake up the spirit.[break][break]
"I am willing to risk my life for this," she admitted then, quietly. 's greatest fear made manifest - but she would not shy away from it, not with Eva: one of the few who would actually get it. "If I'm destined to die, I'd rather have some say in it. I will not let the enemy take my home from me without putting up a fight."

TAGS[break]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]

WRITE REPLY

QUICK REPLY

it's a long life full of long nights