August 29th
Rustboro
Heterosexual
Team Rocket
Grunt
Single
5'11'' height
5'11'' height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
1,103 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mrjoker
Kouji Matsubara
Forlorn Bonds
POSTED ON Dec 11, 2023 9:53:44 GMT
Kouji Matsubara Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","fakebq"]
[attr=class","body"]
[attr="class","text"]
Kouji wore the mask over the lower half of his face, his trainer card well prepared, this was one of those annoying points really…Making sure he didn’t flag. But that was never going to be easy for someone like himself. Malamar helped at the door, but for the rest of the way it was just him and his two pokemon.
[break][break]
”Kouma here, looking to challenge ya. Hope you take it easy on me.” The league gym challenge was exactly as it said, challenging. They were all strong trainers so he couldn’t take it easy here, or now. He kept his focus fixed onto his opponent to see which options he’d take.
[break][break]
”Can’t say I can take it easy myself…”

[attr="class","fakebqooc"]
@tag
[break]

NOTES

Gym Battle time

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]

[newclass=".fakebq"]--accent:#975fb2;font:12px Roboto;[/newclass]
[newclass=".fakebq .body"]background-image:url("https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png");background-position:bottom;background-repeat:no-repeat;text-align:justify;letter-spacing:.5px;line-height:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".fakebq b"]color:var(--accent);font-weight:800;[/newclass]
[newclass=".fakebq i"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".fakebq u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".fakebq a"]font:12px Roboto;color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".fakebq h1"]font:bold 16px Roboto;color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".fakebq h2"]font:bold 14px Roboto;color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".fakebq .text b"]font:bold 14px Roboto;letter-spacing:.1px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".fakebq .pkmn img"]margin:-10px -7px 0px -7px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".fakebq .credit a"]font-size:14px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

lou

lam
he/him
twenty-six
may 7th
hau’oli city, alola
rooksexual (demi)
lilycove gym leader
gym leader
dinner in bed, and korean food, say ‘i love you’ just a little bit too soon.
awards
1,512 posts
lam logan DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lou
lam logan
Forlorn Bonds
POSTED ON Dec 11, 2023 19:46:57 GMT
lam logan Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","lam"]
[attr="class","body"]

[attr="class","sideinfo"]
[attr="class","charimage"]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","text"]
A slow day wasn’t necessarily always a bad day, though it did sometimes result in fewer matchups. The challenger sent through the double doors to the arena wasn’t paired with any other sign-ups, having arrived at a lull in the day. But that was no issue– he had the pokemon to spare, and so the spirit of a double battle remained intact.[break][break]

“Nice to meetcha, Kouma. I’m Lam, welcome to the Lilycove gym,” he replied, laidback nature obvious in the laziness of his friendly wave. “Can’t make any promises, though! Challenge is a challenge, after all.” He laughed, shrugging his shoulders. That breezy demeanor belied his competitiveness in actual matches, but hey– this wasn’t life or death within the parameters of the gym stadium.[break][break]

They could afford an enjoyable experience.[break][break]

He eyed the challenger’s pair with curiosity, humming as he mulled over his options. “By all means, don’t feel the need to!” With only a slight flourish, one pokemon is released in a flash of light– a long-legged lurantis who drifts forward with the sway of her bladed arms. The second, a pidove, flutters from where she had been nested in Lam’s hair comfortably.[break][break]

“Let’s see how cohesive your team is!” Nodding, he offered the first move on Kouma’s side.

[attr="class","ooc"]

[break]

NOTES

- wahoo![break]
- first move goes to challenger!

[attr="class","credit"]MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
[newclass=.lam]--accent:#83B130;[/newclass]
[newclass=.lam]font:12px Poppins;letter-spacing:.2px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".lam .body"]background-image:url("https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png");background-position:bottom;background-repeat:no-repeat;[/newclass]
[newclass=".lam a"]font:12px Poppins;color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".lam b"]color:var(--accent);font:bold 14px Roboto;letter-spacing:.1px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".lam i"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".lam u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".lam h1"]font:bold 16px Poppins;color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".lam h2"]font:bold 15px Poppins;color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".lam .sideinfo"]width:150px;padding:20px 0px;float:left;[/newclass]
[newclass=".lam .text"]padding:20px 40px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".lam .charimage img"]border:8px solid var(--accent);border-radius:50%;[/newclass]
[newclass=".lam .ooc a"]font:bold 15px Poppins;color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".lam .pkmn div"]background-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".lam .pkmn img"]margin:5px -10px -10px -10px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".lam .credit"]font:10px Poppins;text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=".lam .credit a"]font:10px Poppins;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

MrJoker

Kouji
He/Him
August 29th
Rustboro
Heterosexual
Team Rocket
Grunt
Single
5'11'' height
5'11'' height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
1,103 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mrjoker
Kouji Matsubara
Forlorn Bonds
POSTED ON Dec 16, 2023 7:33:49 GMT
Kouji Matsubara Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","fakebq"]
[attr=class","body"]
[attr="class","text"]
Kouji looked across at his opponent and then the other two pokemon in front of him; there was some kind of arrangement to this entire spectacle, but it was never a simple one in the end. Giving him the first move, it was a matter of passivity in the end; a new way to approach it. It wasn’t a life or death battle, so he didn’t go with his routes but rather more direct orders.
[break][break]
”Detect cover for Kommo’o, Clangerous Soul!.” Straight to the point, Kouji got into a new opening, his pokemon almost froze for a moment before doing what they had to, but instead Absol did as he was told; covering the other pokemon with his detect; ready to take the hit instead.
[break][break]
”These two are my main duo, so let’s see what you’ve got in your belt, alright?” It was a straight kick-up, but it wasn’t something Kouji minded too much. He enjoyed getting right into the thick of it.
[break][break]
”So, teamwork is it? You’d think all teams should have that, but is that everything?” His real purpose was really something else, he wanted to see how strong the gym leaders are, and each one ended up surprising him. While he expected their overt strength, it was the strength of character that always flew out at him.

[attr="class","fakebqooc"]
@tag
[break]

NOTES

Kommo'o is using clangerous soul, Absol is using Detect so he can take the hit for his 'pardner.

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]

[newclass=".fakebq"]--accent:#975fb2;font:12px Roboto;[/newclass]
[newclass=".fakebq .body"]background-image:url("https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png");background-position:bottom;background-repeat:no-repeat;text-align:justify;letter-spacing:.5px;line-height:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".fakebq b"]color:var(--accent);font-weight:800;[/newclass]
[newclass=".fakebq i"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".fakebq u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".fakebq a"]font:12px Roboto;color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".fakebq h1"]font:bold 16px Roboto;color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".fakebq h2"]font:bold 14px Roboto;color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".fakebq .text b"]font:bold 14px Roboto;letter-spacing:.1px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".fakebq .pkmn img"]margin:-10px -7px 0px -7px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".fakebq .credit a"]font-size:14px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

lou

lam
he/him
twenty-six
may 7th
hau’oli city, alola
rooksexual (demi)
lilycove gym leader
gym leader
dinner in bed, and korean food, say ‘i love you’ just a little bit too soon.
awards
1,512 posts
lam logan DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lou
lam logan
Forlorn Bonds
POSTED ON Jan 16, 2024 6:34:26 GMT
lam logan Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","lam"]
[attr="class","body"]

[attr="class","sideinfo"]
[attr="class","charimage"]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","text"]

It wasn’t uncommon to see new faces at the gym, but Lam was curious to see how this opponent would respond to his team and how he navigated his own Pokémon’s coordination as much as any other challenger. His pokemon seemed plenty tough, so Lam hoped he’d at least make things tricky.[break][break]
“I mean, sure that’s a big part of it, but it sort of goes beyond camaraderie, y’know?” A team could have perfectly good rapport and still work poorly together if they didn’t have the strategy and cohesion to back it all up.[break][break]
His lurantis stepped forward with long, sweeping movements. Her arms swept from side to side, making a careful show of the display. The aromatic scent of fresh blossoms and tea filled the air, the SWEET SCENT wafting toward their opponents to lower the sense of threat.[break][break]
And while she laid that groundwork as Kouji’s own Pokémon set built their defense, his pidove fluttered from sight in a blink—seemingly dissolving into the shadows cast by larger pokemon. Slipping around the absol’s guard with a SHADOW SNEAK aiming to strike one of the two from behind.

[attr="class","ooc"]

[break]

NOTES

- lurantis uses sweet scent to drop evasion [break]
- pidove uses shadow sneak to strike absol? from behind

[attr="class","credit"]MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
[newclass=.lam]--accent:#83B130;[/newclass]
[newclass=.lam]font:12px Poppins;letter-spacing:.2px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".lam .body"]background-image:url("https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png");background-position:bottom;background-repeat:no-repeat;[/newclass]
[newclass=".lam a"]font:12px Poppins;color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".lam b"]color:var(--accent);font:bold 14px Roboto;letter-spacing:.1px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".lam i"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".lam u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".lam h1"]font:bold 16px Poppins;color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".lam h2"]font:bold 15px Poppins;color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".lam .sideinfo"]width:150px;padding:20px 0px;float:left;[/newclass]
[newclass=".lam .text"]padding:20px 40px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".lam .charimage img"]border:8px solid var(--accent);border-radius:50%;[/newclass]
[newclass=".lam .ooc a"]font:bold 15px Poppins;color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".lam .pkmn div"]background-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".lam .pkmn img"]margin:5px -10px -10px -10px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".lam .credit"]font:10px Poppins;text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=".lam .credit a"]font:10px Poppins;[/newclass]