6,460 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
curate [m]
POSTED ON Dec 11, 2023 11:58:59 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
"ah, still no contact with lilycove museum's previous curator? nah, it's fine. don't mind it too much."

as kyle tries to dismiss the topic after inquiring a certain interest to one of petalburg museum's curators, he finishes the small talk and decides to see the rest of the attractions in the facility since he already bought his admittance anyways. the purpose was done, but anything else after the short interaction was him wasting time.

in the midst of taking a look around, he sees another curator he recognizes. he doesn't know her name, but the face was familiar enough that he can call her out.

"oh, hey, i know you," he greets her unconventionally. "volcano squad, right?"

close tab

played by

Eps

Ina, Yu, Yuyu
She/Her
Twenty-Five
February 21
Petalburg City
Pan
Curator/Hisuian Historian
Elite Ranger
I don't want
To imagine a past, that doesn't have you in its future
120 lbs. | 5'8" height
120 lbs. | 5'8" height
To truly know one's self, look back on the marks you've made in history
awards
1,236 posts
part of
TAG WITH @yuinahigashi
Yuina Higashi
curate [m]
POSTED ON Dec 12, 2023 19:00:36 GMT
Yuina Higashi Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","frann"]
[attr="class","franntag"]

[attr="class","frannmain"]

Ever since the events of the swamp, and working closely with on their combined efforts to educate Hoenn on Hisui, Yuina was busy heading up an overhaul of the small museum that she worked at to garner exhibits about Hisui and otherwise. Nevermind that its implementation was perhaps for more selfish reasons than anything, but Yuina didn't have any other memories to cherish or look back on for herself... Her short life in Hisui was all she had right now, and whatever happened, she never wanted to forget again...[break][break]
"Okay, I think this display case can be set up in front of the map, and we'll make sure that the information panels are clean...," Yuina went on as she walked through the halls of the museum, going back and forth between what she was working on and getting more displays, cases, and other such materials from storage. Nyla carried a large display case in her claws while Moroe padded alongside at Yuina's heels, she was deep in thought and had barely caught the sound of a call out to her... the mention of a volcano...[break][break]
It was strange, having gone so long before without anyone knowing her and she had no one to call on herself for the longest time, but now that she had spent more time in the region, getting involved with more things, she forgot what it was like, to know people and to have them know her...[break]
Yuina turned on her heel, amber eyes looking out beyond her glasses, and while the memory overall was a hazy one given the amount of heat exhaustion that she took on, Yuina did recognize Kyle that had called out to her.[break][break]
"Oh, hey, yeah I was out there," she returned, recalling the yellow Pokemon that he offered to her then, she never did thank him... It was over all so quickly...[break]
"It's good to see you again, I can say thank you now actually, for offering so much help before."

notes[break]
Social Thread![break]

[attr="class","frannpoke"]

[newclass=.frann]margin: 0 auto; width: 420px; box-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #333333,-2px 2px 0px #333333,2px -2px 0px #333333,-2px -2px 0px #333333; border-radius: 5px;border: solid 1px #232323;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frann div.quote_body] margin: 10px -20px -25px -20px!important;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frannmain]border-radius: 5px 5px 0px 0px;background-color:#2b2b2b;padding:65px 35px 40px 35px;text-align:justify;font-size:10px;line-height:16px;letter-spacing:.5px;font-family:poppins;[/newclass]
[newclass=.franntag] text-align: right;font-weight: bold;position: absolute;padding: 10px 15px;border: solid 1px #232323; border-top-color: rgb(35, 35, 35); border-top-style: solid; border-top-width: 1px;background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png);border-radius: 5px 5px 0px 0px;margin: 0px 0px 0px -1px;border-top: none;background-color: #272727;width: 390px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frann b] color: #00aeda; font-size: 11px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.frann i] color: #cecece; font-size: 11px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.frann u] text-decoration: none; text-transform:uppercase; color: #00aeda; font-size: 11px;font-family:Quattrocento Sans; letter-spacing: 2px; font-weight: bold; [/newclass]
[newclass=.frann a] text-transform:uppercase!important;font:bold 10px Quattrocento Sans!important;letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.frannpoke] background-color:#272727;height:60px;background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png);background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:center right;text-align:center;padding-bottom:15px;border-radius: 0px 0px 5px 5px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
Join my dream it's just the right time, woah
awards
6,460 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
curate [m]
POSTED ON Dec 13, 2023 15:49:11 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
"don't worry about that," he'd playfully dismiss with a wave of his hand. "we all wanted that win anyways."

to think that she works in a museum rather than as a ranger, like most of the volunteers during that trip, piques kyle interest more than it should.

"but a curator, huh? what got you interested in helping out that day?" he asks her. "usually, people leave the job to rangers and officers."

hoenn has an unusually high amount of people who put themselves in danger unnecessarily. usually, it's from a high regard of social responsibility. sometimes, it's morbid curiosity. those that claim otherwise are usually in denial.

his eyes wander to the exhibit she was previously setting up as he waits for a response.

close tab

played by

Eps

Ina, Yu, Yuyu
She/Her
Twenty-Five
February 21
Petalburg City
Pan
Elite Ranger
I don't want
120 lbs. | 5'8" height
120 lbs. | 5'8" height
awards
1,236 posts
part of
TAG WITH @yuinahigashi
Yuina Higashi
curate [m]
POSTED ON Dec 19, 2023 17:55:41 GMT
Yuina Higashi Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","frann"]

Not wanting to stand around too long with the display case that she was carrying, Nyla purred to Yuina as she continued to walk towards the section of the museum they were working in while Moroe chose to stick at Yuina's heels.[break]
Clutching a binder of plans and such in one arm, Yuina glanced to Kyle at his inquiry, that she was a museum curator? And not a ranger which was usually who helped out on such perils. She wasn't sure who he was to the league really, she only knew him by face and first name, so maybe he himself wasn't a ranger?[break][break]
"Hmm? Oh, well I was working here, at the museum first before I started getting involved with the rangers. I was training back then, so maybe that kind of doesn't count still," Yuina returned, the volcano was her first serious mission to embark on, but she had only just received her induction into the ranger's organization at the time.[break][break]
"I do both now though, I'm working here at the museum and I'm an Elite Ranger, and I never thought that being a ranger would help me in my studies here, so it works out in a funny way," she mused, ever since she became more involved as a ranger and otherwise, started going out on more missions and getting more involved in what was going on in the region, she had so many things to contribute to the museum now, not to mention the incredible insights that she had on Hisui now.[break][break]
"Are you a ranger too? Or do you do something else with the league," Yuina wondered though, he was out there on the volcano island too, if he wasn't a ranger, maybe his involvement was somewhere else?

notes[break]
Social Thread![break]

[newclass=.frann]margin: 0 auto; width: 420px; box-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #333333,-2px 2px 0px #333333,2px -2px 0px #333333,-2px -2px 0px #333333; border-radius: 5px;border: solid 1px #232323;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frann div.quote_body] margin: 10px -20px -25px -20px!important;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frannmain]border-radius: 5px 5px 0px 0px;background-color:#2b2b2b;padding:65px 35px 40px 35px;text-align:justify;font-size:10px;line-height:16px;letter-spacing:.5px;font-family:poppins;[/newclass]
[newclass=.franntag] text-align: right;font-weight: bold;position: absolute;padding: 10px 15px;border: solid 1px #232323; border-top-color: rgb(35, 35, 35); border-top-style: solid; border-top-width: 1px;background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png);border-radius: 5px 5px 0px 0px;margin: 0px 0px 0px -1px;border-top: none;background-color: #272727;width: 390px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frann b] color: #00aeda; font-size: 11px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.frann i] color: #cecece; font-size: 11px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.frann u] text-decoration: none; text-transform:uppercase; color: #00aeda; font-size: 11px;font-family:Quattrocento Sans; letter-spacing: 2px; font-weight: bold; [/newclass]
[newclass=.frann a] text-transform:uppercase!important;font:bold 10px Quattrocento Sans!important;letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.frannpoke] background-color:#272727;height:60px;background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png);background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:center right;text-align:center;padding-bottom:15px;border-radius: 0px 0px 5px 5px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,460 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
curate [m]
POSTED ON Dec 23, 2023 13:36:32 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
slowly, she clues him in on her place in the region with her words. these were surface level information, but they allow someone to relate to her with just a few words.

whatever she shares was taken in by kyle with great interest.

"so that's why i've never seen you around before!" her being new to rangering at that time was then news to him. "usually, people who volunteer for that kind of work who have always done so, and you get to see the same faces over time."

but if she stepped up in ranks since then, it makes the conversation easier. kyle, however, wasn't sure how to railroad the topic, though yuina does give him a convenient excuse to slide it in with her question.

"something like that. have you heard of aqua?" he asks.

he guesses she's from another region who went to hoenn for something else entirely, only to get swept up by the thrill of the supernatural happening all over the region. this was common occurrence for most of the region's visitors after all.

close tab

played by

Eps

Ina, Yu, Yuyu
She/Her
Twenty-Five
February 21
Petalburg City
Pan
Elite Ranger
I don't want
120 lbs. | 5'8" height
120 lbs. | 5'8" height
awards
1,236 posts
part of
TAG WITH @yuinahigashi
Yuina Higashi
curate [m]
POSTED ON Dec 24, 2023 18:44:06 GMT
Yuina Higashi Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","frann"]

Hmm, that seemed a fair point, she couldn't blame Kyle for having not understood where she was meant to fall or what the was involved in. Yuina had already kind of started to realize the same thing, that as things happened in the region, one tended to see the same familiar faces given their involvement in one way or another.[break][break]
"Oh, yeah, I guess that does make sense? I've only been in Hoenn for a couple of months now, since the late summer. I wouldn't have been a familiar face to you," Yuina nodded, it was still hard to believe sometimes that she had in fact only been in this new life for a couple of months... It felt like so much longer now with everything that had gone on...[break][break]
Her question was returned, but it didn't sound like he was exactly involved with the rangers? She was getting more and more familiar with the organization especially as she continued to work so closely with , but she definitely still hadn't seen him around she was certain.[break]
"Aqua? No, I don't think I have, that must be some division of some kind, if I had to guess," she wondered, trying to put together some context clues. It made sense, with as large and as involved as the league was, that there would be different pieces of the organization as a whole that might focus on different things?

notes[break]
Social Thread![break]

close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,460 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
curate [m]
POSTED ON Dec 27, 2023 2:47:41 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
"yup. it's the sort of special force that deals with stuff normal people wouldn't normally deal with." given the type of people that a place like hoenn breeds, kyle wonders if the description they display for the public is still applicable. "members are usually equipped with special abilities. i think you already experienced what i meant with that."

the concept is relatively new for people who had not been on hoenn for a while. it's the cause for an overzealous chase for legends in the region, as well as anguish for some of them.

"you work in a museum. are you also interested in legends?"

somewhere down the line, kyle forgets to connect the concept of legends with what aqua members are for yuina.

close tab

played by

Eps

Ina, Yu, Yuyu
She/Her
Twenty-Five
February 21
Petalburg City
Pan
Elite Ranger
I don't want
120 lbs. | 5'8" height
120 lbs. | 5'8" height
awards
1,236 posts
part of
TAG WITH @yuinahigashi
Yuina Higashi
curate [m]
POSTED ON Dec 30, 2023 21:29:08 GMT
Yuina Higashi Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","frann"]

Having not hear the name before, but taking a guess at what it meant, Yuina was a bit pleased with herself as Kyle answered that it was in fact a division of sorts within the League Organization, one that was specific for... Members with special abilities?[break][break]
The way he said it... Yuina held onto his words for a moment... Remembering the volcano... It was all so fuzzy, the heat exhaustion had really taken its toll, but some of the things that Kyle did... But he had those Pokemon? Surely she just couldn't remember everything that happened and how it happened exactly.[break][break]
"Special... abilities? With your Pokemon? I... don't remember a lot from the volcano... I think the heat exhaustion took care of that," she tried to say, she couldn't put any coherent pieces together to really understand what he was getting at.[break][break]
"Legends? Well of course, legends and stories are what make history so engaging, without them, a lot of these pieces wouldn't mean anything," Yuina wondered. What a peculiar conversation?

notes[break]
Social Thread![break]

close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,460 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
curate [m]
POSTED ON Jan 1, 2024 8:00:47 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
"well, it's more commonly known as avatars. they're basically humans with gifts granted by legends, but it's not as big of a deal as people make it out to be. aqua houses some of those legends under their protection, and, er, well..."

he's unsure on how to bridge the concept between the two topics. he decides to just jump the gap instead of trying to make a flowy transition between the current state of their talk and the end goal.

"let's just say i'm inviting you to meet one of those legends."

he smiles awkwardly.

"if you're going to keep participating in these events, i figured it's nice to have some sort of warm-up with similar experiences in between," he tells her. "it makes both our jobs easier, i think."

for kyle, having more competent trainers exposed to various, different anomalies capable of changing nature would make it so they can volunteer to take care of high level messes rather than him.

for yuina, well, kyle assumes she's serious about her job as a ranger and any opportunities for experience might be good.

"well, it's just an invitation. no need to think much about it."

close tab

played by

Eps

Ina, Yu, Yuyu
She/Her
Twenty-Five
February 21
Petalburg City
Pan
Elite Ranger
I don't want
120 lbs. | 5'8" height
120 lbs. | 5'8" height
awards
1,236 posts
part of
TAG WITH @yuinahigashi
Yuina Higashi
curate [m]
POSTED ON Jan 5, 2024 19:23:50 GMT
Yuina Higashi Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","frann"]

It was curious, why the conversation seemed to be skirting around some concept that Kyle either was hesitant to point at, or he wasn't sure how to discuss it really? Yuina was at least interested in what this Aqua division had to take care of, maybe it was something she could look into to further her work and training in the league? But as Kyle started to finally explain just what he was getting at, Yuina's eyes flashed...[break]
She remembered the contempt that had when regarding the concept... He didn't have much details to divulge but Yuina had no reason to believe that his disdain for the term wasn't merited... After all, she saw what had happened in the Petalburg woods, how the land had been devastated... And yet, Kyle spoke of it with such ease, as if it were the most normal thing in the world? That humans had the capability to be granted power...? By these legends... Legendary Pokemon...[break][break]
Her only other frame of reference for the term was , he spoke of how an avatar saved is life, but even so... After having learned that a 'legendary pokemon' may have been the reason for her turmoil, the reason she was erased from this present and set to start all over... How was she supposed to take anything about the notion as light as Kyle was trying to make it?[break][break]
She was quiet for a moment, she did listen to Kyle intently, but it was clear that she was thinking, drawing in his words and contemplating what she had just been told...[break][break]
"You're being very open with me... telling me about this concept... But," she looked to him, it was only fair that she be open in return?[break]
"I've heard 'avatar' and 'legend' tossed around a couple of times, and didn't really know what it meant until now... but I have to say, what I have heard already isn't good...," she was hesitant, what if this Pokemon that Kyle spoke of was one of malice? What if... it was one of the ones who could have tossed her away into the depths of time?[break][break]
"....Are... are you an avatar," she asked finally, quiet in her tone, almost as if she were afraid of the very notion? Was an avatar and a legendary Pokemon someone that could be trusted?

notes[break]
Social Thread![break]

close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,460 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
curate [m]
POSTED ON Jan 25, 2024 18:14:50 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
"am i an avatar? i suppose so, yeah. rawr."

he claws playfully in the air, complete with a deadpan expression, in response.

"that's not an uncommon opinion around hoenn," he casually assures her. "they're not exactly controllable, and they're pretty much a natural disaster on their own, so i can't really blame your sources."

kyle had been one of those that denied the blessing once, only to be forced into the status by someone else. despite being indifferent about it, he does understand both sides of opinions surrounding being an avatar.

"if you're still worried about them, then that's what aqua was supposed to be for: to keep them in check. not the most assuring promise from the league, but they're still people at the end of the day."

kyle intentionally leaves it for yuina to take it either in a sympathetic note or one that reminds her of an avatar's mortality and all the vulnerabilities of a soul.

close tab

played by

Eps

Ina, Yu, Yuyu
She/Her
Twenty-Five
February 21
Petalburg City
Pan
Elite Ranger
I don't want
120 lbs. | 5'8" height
120 lbs. | 5'8" height
awards
1,236 posts
part of
TAG WITH @yuinahigashi
Yuina Higashi
curate [m]
POSTED ON Jan 30, 2024 0:31:56 GMT
Yuina Higashi Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","frann"]

To say Yuina wasn't a bit shocked at his open honesty would be an understatement, again Kyle spoke of everything in such ease, with such a casual tone, one would think he was regarding himself as just being from another region instead of being native to Hoenn. The kind of conversation that someone would have with any regular person on any regular day.[break][break]
And yet, with the handful of things, still only surface level, that Yuina had learned about 'legendary pokemon', the level of their power, the intensity in which they could be responsible for so many things in the universe and in nature... She couldn't help but feel like her concern was merited.... It was, wasn't it?[break]
If she hadn't known him beforehand, as someone that she fought alongside, she vaguely remembered something that he did on that mountain top that had likely saved her life... She may have been far more concerned but... Kyle was someone she could trust, wasn't he? After all, he only continued to be open and honest about everything, she couldn't possibly think of a reason to not believe him in this moment...[break][break]
"So, there are others like you? Other... avatars? How many of these Pokemon are out there," she wondered, the way he spoke of Aqua now, the pieces that she had and was putting together. It was an organization of these avatars and legendary Pokemon sanctioned by the league? Surely... That couldn't be too bad?

notes[break]
Social Thread![break]

close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,460 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
curate [m]
POSTED ON Feb 3, 2024 2:07:35 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
"yup. both league and rocket have them in their ranks," he answers yuina. "it really makes you think if they just want to play games with the current state of the region, right?"

those active in the field tend to be the preferred candidates of the legends in question. the more involved they are at the state of affairs, it seemed more likely that they are chosen.

kyle doesn't share that observation though, since he doesn't have any valid reference for the claim.

"about numbers, that i personally don't know." his shoulders give way to a shrug. "i'm not really a fan of history lessons, but you can bet there's at least one for each story out there."

looking around, it seems thematic that they do talk about it in a museum.

"it's more reason to take a visit to one of them, right? whether you like the implications of their existence or not, it's always better to have some sort of understanding on them."

close tab

played by

Eps

Ina, Yu, Yuyu
She/Her
Twenty-Five
February 21
Petalburg City
Pan
Elite Ranger
I don't want
120 lbs. | 5'8" height
120 lbs. | 5'8" height
awards
1,236 posts
part of
TAG WITH @yuinahigashi
Yuina Higashi
curate [m]
POSTED ON Feb 4, 2024 18:33:58 GMT
Yuina Higashi Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","frann"]

The notion that Rockets also had these... Avatars, humans sanctioned by these otherwise disastrous Pokemon that could weild powers she certainly had no frame of reference for... Had she already encountered someone like that? She could swear that woman, , out in that submarine didn't have any Pokemon that looked like they could control the seaweed on the beach...[break][break]
"The implication of all of this is... A lot to understand, and even in all of your honest it just feels... impossible to believe but.... With everything else that I've already experienced, I don't have any reason to question that these Pokemon are out there," Yuina returned, did she know about any of this in her past life? Was she maybe even... looking to try and encounter one of these Pokemon for herself?[break][break]
"I think I'd be a poor academic and a poor ranger if I didn't look to expand on what little knowledge I have... So yes, I think this is an opportunity, if you're giving it to me, that I would like to take."

notes[break]
Social Thread![break]

close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,460 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
curate [m]
POSTED ON Feb 7, 2024 3:39:39 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
"don't bother understanding everything at once." kyle waves his hand dismissively in front of his face. "common sense doesn't apply to them. you're better off finding trends in their logic and acting on that."

kind of like how you would answer a multiple choice exam when you haven't studied. once you know the context of their behavior given their stories, it becomes easier to act accordingly.

kyle would never understand them, but he can at least predict their next actions. his actions would do little to stop them, but it helps him survive.

"alright, i'll give you a call then once i made arrangements. you don't mind if i ask the ranger database your contact info, right?"

it was work hours for her as far as he knows. he's not sure if employees are allowed to use their phones by museum rules, but it's better to be safe than sorry.

if he's wrong, he can always be corrected.