awards
639 posts
part of
TAG WITH @willow
willow atkins
crisis !! [m]
POSTED ON Mar 5, 2024 18:58:21 GMT
willow atkins Avatar

this is so far out of willow's element. samuel hadn't taken kindly to 'different folks,' but that had never been an issue. she struggled with maintaining friendships, growing up with roman and all, and she still doesn't have any - well, didn't - have any gay friends. 

and bo's for sure as straight as she is. she looks helplessly at his back now while he goes to prep the pancake mix. she tries to relate it to herself how she can. one hand finds his and she thumbs the side of his wrist, smiling gently. 

"it's going to change. your friendship. but that's okay. i mean, look at me and bo. i wanted more out of what he and i had for the longest time, but...i was afraid. of how we'd change." and other things. 

it's the first time she's said it in so many words and even though this moment is first and foremost about ollie, she finds herself talking to bo. 

"but now things have changed and we're both happier for it. and that's all i really know what to say. i mean, i've never...i don't know. i've only found men attractive?"
close tab

played by

mad

bo
he/him
thirty-one
august 12th
rustboro
bisexual
farmer?
retired ranger captain
BROKEN GLASS IN EVERY TREE
awards
1,098 posts
boruta maher DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @boruta
boruta maher
crisis !! [m]
POSTED ON Mar 9, 2024 4:54:16 GMT
boruta maher Avatar
[attr="class","boruta"]
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","icon"]
leaving for the kitchen couldn’t stop him from listening. his prep work was downright sluggish. he was certainly not paying attention to pancakes — which was strange for him.[break][break]

it was annoying to be woken up like this, but it was especially annoying that willow sat on the couch next to ollie, consoling him in his confusion while he’d only been lonely in dealing with his own.[break][break]

he hadn’t told her in high school. it had been silent and personal, a curiosity just barely explored and then all but abandoned — mostly because he’d pursued her instead, and then he’d never stopped loving her. it had been a nonissue. being bisexual had not felt like such a key part of his identity, anyways.[break][break]

so why now, in this moment, did he feel like he was hiding something?[break][break]

ollie’s words carved through his back to his heart. they’d shared one drunken night and it hadn’t even gotten that far, but he’d been emotional, feeling like the world was going to end that week, and willow would be in someone else’s arms, and his son would probably die mad at him for something. he would have failed both of his brothers and his mother, and never have mended things with his father.[break][break]

he had never felt quite so lonely as he had that week, and ollie had been smiling like an angel.[break][break]

it hurt more because it was so unexpected from someone who seemed so caring.[break][break]

”gee, thanks,” he muttered at him never finding a guy hot. must’ve been drunker than i thought. at least they’d only made out. if only he could take it back.[break][break]

then, through the power of the years he’d spent pining for her, he could hear that willow was prompting him to speak without having to look at her.[break][break]

he set down the pancake mix and turned, looking ollie dead in the eye again with a hurt look.[break][break]

”you really don’t remember? or are you just so ashamed for some reason that you won’t admit that it happened?”[break][break]

[attr="class","bottom"] [break]
[attr="class","pkspr pkmn-barbaracle"]

[newclass=".boruta"]--accent:#bd8f3a; position:relative; z-index:1; overflow:hidden; [/newclass]

[newclass=".boruta blockquote"]width:370px; height:auto; background-color: #292929; text-align: justify; margin-left: auto; margin-right: auto; padding: 35px; padding-bottom: 40px; padding-top: 25px; border-left: 5px #252525 solid; border-right: 5px #252525 solid;border-top: 5px #252525 solid; line-height: 15.5px; letter-spacing: .7px; font-size:12px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".boruta .icon"]background-image:url(https://i.imgur.com/r7tpZef.png); height:100px; width:100px; margin:-70px 29px 19px 10px; float:left; border-radius:20px; border:6px var(--accent) solid; outline:10px #252525 solid;[/newclass]

[newclass=".boruta blockquote b, .boruta blockquote i"]color:var(--accent); } .boruta blockquote b { font-size:14px!important } .boruta blockquote u { font-style:italic; color:var(--accent); text-decoration:underline dotted; border-bottom:none; letter-spacing:1px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".boruta .top"]background-color:var(--accent); background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-size: cover; width: 430px; height: 68px; text-align: center; margin-left:auto; margin-right: auto; margin-bottom: -50px; padding: 10px 10px 10px 0px; border-radius: 25px 25px 0px 0px; border: 5px #252525 solid;[/newclass]

[newclass=".boruta .bottom"]background-color:#222222; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-size: cover; width: 420px; height: auto; text-align: center; margin-left: auto; margin-right: auto; margin-top:-60px; padding: 10px 10px 10px; border-radius: 0px 0px 25px 25px; border: 5px #252525 solid;[/newclass]

[newclass=".boruta .bottom a"]font:bold 15px 'Poppins';[/newclass]

[nospaces][newclass="credit"]FREE TO USE! coded by mad, partial credit to milky for text styling <3[/newclass]
close tab

played by

milky

ollie, oliver
he/him
august 5
pallet town, kanto
bi (complicated)
evergrande
head ranger
everyone's a sucker for a taste of glory
awards
2,315 posts
part of
TAG WITH @ollie
ollie morales
crisis !! [m]
POSTED ON Mar 9, 2024 5:15:22 GMT
ollie morales Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","olivertop"]
[attr="class","oliver"] it was working. wils always had a way of making him feel better, even when'd he fucked things up beyond imagination.

[break][break] he glances at her, face breaking into a half-smile as she brushes her thumb against his wrist, consoling him the words that he knew that he needed to hear.

[break][break] ollie sighs, running a hand through his hair. "i know. i know you're right - i just, i don't know if it's that i'm afraid of the kiss, what it means, or about our friendship - "

[break][break] was he afraid of ? was he afraid of the kiss?

[break][break] was he afraid of what might think if she found out?

[break][break] 'you aren't together,' an insidious voice inside his head whispered. 'she'd rather fuck matias than even look your way.'

[break][break] ollie blinked when admitted that she had never questioned her sexuality. not that he'd ever really been surprised... he was pretty sure that he'd never seen her look at girls the way that he looked at -

[break][break] "you really don’t remember? or are you just so ashamed for some reason that you won’t admit that it happened?"

[break][break] his head whips around to stare.

[break][break] not at the delicious pancake batter that his fellow ranger captain has whipped up.

[break][break] it doesn't even have to do with the rugged way that looks in the daytime, enough to make plenty of girls' heads turn.

[break][break] it didn't even have to do with the way he looked shirtless in the morning, dappled sunlight shifting through the atkins' windows.

[break][break] his throat felt dry.

[break][break] "i... what?"

[break][break] and it was then, all of a sudden, memories came rushing back. the dimly lit bar after splashfest, the sound of idle chitchatter in the distance as they knocked back two microbrews. promises of sky-diving in kalos. deep laughter. the flash of a rougish smile, hands tangled, swollen lips.

[break][break] it wasn't the bar at new years, where he'd gone home with wils.

[break][break] there was a version of this story where ollie could've gone home with bo.

[break][break] a flush suddenly surged rapidly through ollie's neck, as he ripped his hand away from willow's grip, instead to turn fully towards bo.

[break][break] "we kissed."

[break][break] "at splashfest."

[break][break] "at the bar."

[break][break] he was bright red.

[attr="class","ooc"]

[newclass=".oliver"]--accent:#FEAE4A; } .oliver { font: 12px 'Roboto'; letter-spacing:.5px; border-radius:0px; padding:40px 70px 50px; } .oliver b { color:var(--accent)!important; font-family:poppins; } .oliver i { color:var(--accent)!important; } .oliver u { border-color:var(--accent)!important; } .oliver .ooc { text-align:center;padding:20px 40px 20px 40px;border-top:1px solid #232323;margin-top:30px;margin-bottom:-45px; } .oliver .ooc a { color:var(--accent)!important; font:bold 13px 'Poppins'; text-transform:lowercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=".olivertop"]width:438px;border-radius:0px;background-color:#FEAE4A;height:60px;background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png);background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:center right;text-align:center;margin:0px -60px -50px 25px;padding-bottom:15px;border:solid 1px #232323;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

crow

will
she/her
twenty-nine
november 12
rustboro
heterosexual
horticulturist
civilian
we sewed all the holes we had to breathe
awards
639 posts
part of
TAG WITH @willow
willow atkins
crisis !! [m]
POSTED ON Mar 17, 2024 6:28:37 GMT
willow atkins Avatar

willow's pretty good at reading the back of bo's neck so she notices, as she's talking, that his shoulders stiffen, that he looks uncomfortable. or like something's bothering him. and she attributes it just to the awkward situation at hand, thinks maybe he might share some sentiments that samuel does, but - 

wait, what?

ollie says each line and one after the other, her stomach does little flips. her brows furrow. she doesn't know what she feels as it settles, only that it's a lot. 

and bo looks so hurt. why does he look so hurt?

"you two...? ollie, you...? i..." she draws her hand back. she stands up. she sits down. she looks away from ollie's bright red face and she looks anywhere but at bo and she chews her lip.

her best friend? he kissed her best friend? who is ollie? who is a man? the same best friend who kissed her after she tried to console him when penny broke his heart for the millionth time? 
close tab

played by

mad

bo
he/him
thirty-one
august 12th
rustboro
bisexual
farmer?
retired ranger captain
BROKEN GLASS IN EVERY TREE
awards
1,098 posts
boruta maher DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @boruta
boruta maher
crisis !! [m]
POSTED ON Apr 1, 2024 17:03:29 GMT
boruta maher Avatar
[attr="class","boruta"]
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","icon"]
he was not always as sure of himself as he wanted to be and seem. things were not so simple, and after all he’d done, there were ever more reasons to be reminded of why the world might label him inadequate, if only they knew who he really was.
[break][break]

damn ollie morales’s confusion, and willow’s hurt, and her thankfully dead father. damn all the mistakes and poor judgment and drama. simplicity was all he wanted. to bury it all for good that did not have to do with a perfect, quiet life in the country.[break][break]

but when would that ever be possible in a region like this anyways?[break][break]

tears welled in his eyes as he was struck by too much else boiling over far too early in the morning. he turned away sharply, sniffing and grabbing up the pancake mix to stir twice as aggressively as before, carrying on as though he’d forgotten what he was doing and was simply going through the motion.[break][break]

”you were with vollans,” he told willow over his shoulder, his tone willfully evening out again, though he could feel the man’s face on his knuckles and stirred harder still.[break][break]

[attr="class","bottom"] [break]
[attr="class","pkspr pkmn-barbaracle"]

[newclass=".boruta"]--accent:#bd8f3a; position:relative; z-index:1; overflow:hidden; [/newclass]

[newclass=".boruta blockquote"]width:370px; height:auto; background-color: #292929; text-align: justify; margin-left: auto; margin-right: auto; padding: 35px; padding-bottom: 40px; padding-top: 25px; border-left: 5px #252525 solid; border-right: 5px #252525 solid;border-top: 5px #252525 solid; line-height: 15.5px; letter-spacing: .7px; font-size:12px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".boruta .icon"]background-image:url(https://i.imgur.com/r7tpZef.png); height:100px; width:100px; margin:-70px 29px 19px 10px; float:left; border-radius:20px; border:6px var(--accent) solid; outline:10px #252525 solid;[/newclass]

[newclass=".boruta blockquote b, .boruta blockquote i"]color:var(--accent); } .boruta blockquote b { font-size:14px!important } .boruta blockquote u { font-style:italic; color:var(--accent); text-decoration:underline dotted; border-bottom:none; letter-spacing:1px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".boruta .top"]background-color:var(--accent); background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-size: cover; width: 430px; height: 68px; text-align: center; margin-left:auto; margin-right: auto; margin-bottom: -50px; padding: 10px 10px 10px 0px; border-radius: 25px 25px 0px 0px; border: 5px #252525 solid;[/newclass]

[newclass=".boruta .bottom"]background-color:#222222; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-size: cover; width: 420px; height: auto; text-align: center; margin-left: auto; margin-right: auto; margin-top:-60px; padding: 10px 10px 10px; border-radius: 0px 0px 25px 25px; border: 5px #252525 solid;[/newclass]

[newclass=".boruta .bottom a"]font:bold 15px 'Poppins';[/newclass]

[nospaces][newclass="credit"]FREE TO USE! coded by mad, partial credit to milky for text styling <3[/newclass]
WRITE REPLY

QUICK REPLY

it's a long life full of long nights