part of
TAG WITH @dreva
Eva Morales
IT'S FINE
POSTED ON Dec 14, 2023 2:34:06 GMT
Eva Morales Avatar
[attr="class","eva"]
[attr="class","top"]
 “It’s fine, it’s all fine” she murmured the words to herself over and over and over again as if they’d bring some sense of comfort to their shattered reality - a war that was never ending.

Despite her own afflictions from her battles, she was in far better shape then most of the League personnel being wheeled in here. She suffered a loss of her sanity, a dive into an abyss she didn’t want to visit again. Feelings foreign to her still haunted her mind, clinging to it like a desperate mold.

Eva sported her own ailments, most notably the dark bruises that snaked up her arms and around her neck. Beneath the white coat and scrubs they curled around her chest too. The inflammation made it painful to breathe, but adrenaline kept it subtle enough to get by.

It was an all hands on deck situation after the battle. She slipped into her old expertise, triaging and stabilizing both people and pokemon alike. Despite her busy mind, she waited desperately for one name to flash across the intake.

She slipped away, delegating her post to another doctor so she could take some time to herself. He was alive, thank Arceus.

Eva lingered at the door to his room, quiet and contemplative but anxious. She wanted to rush right up but showed restraint. She tested the waters to see if he was asleep, “Fernando,” she whispered across the room.

[attr="class","milkcredit"]MILKY
[newclass=".eva"]--accent:#298A08; position:relative; [/newclass] [newclass=".eva blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:40px 70px; [/newclass] [newclass=".eva blockquote b, .eva blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) [/newclass] [newclass=".eva .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:470px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #298A08; [/newclass] [newclass=.eva .milkcredit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:25px; right:41px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #222, 1px -1px 0 #222, -1px 1px 0 #222, 1px 1px 0 #222; text-transform:uppercase;font-weight:bold[/newclass] [newclass=.eva .milkcredit a]font-weight:bold; color:var(--accent)!important;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
POWER IS TAKEN, NEVER GIVEN—SO TAKE WHAT YOU ARE OWED
awards
8,737 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
IT'S FINE
POSTED ON Dec 14, 2023 2:57:17 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar

IT'S FINE

POST RESURFACED TREASURES

“MORALES.”

his voice carries enough bravado to dash even the faintest worry. for he is the one who stands above all else. no matter how long the war last, or how hopeless it seems, both sides can always bet on one constant: .

pain lingers but his mind is too frantic to let him rest. when he closes his eyes, he still sees her. haunted by smells and voices that no longer exist. burying himself into work is no longer a necessity. it is his only form of distraction.

i see you’re well.

[attr="class","spiralpee"]

close tab

played by

BD

The Peacemaker
She / Her
January 25
Pallet Town, Kanto
Heterosexual...?
Veterinarian
Head Prof / Major
I HOPE
you dream of me
5'3'' height
5'3'' height
My legacy is in the lives I save
awards
3,742 posts
Eva Morales DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dreva
Eva Morales
IT'S FINE
POSTED ON Dec 14, 2023 4:44:10 GMT
Eva Morales Avatar
[attr="class","eva"]
[attr="class","top"]
 The strength in his voice drew her into the room, then a few steps further to stand by his bedside. She appraises him for a moment, “Yeah, I’m fine,” alive, tired, and worried, but holding it together. Residual adrenaline kept her going, plus a healthy amount of caffeine, which certainly wasn’t out of the ordinary for the professor.

Her hand slipped into her white coat’s pocket, withdrawing a handful of pokeballs to set at his bedside. The metal spheres rolled across the surface of the nightstand, “I took care of your pokemon,” and by the looks of the ones that survived, it was a terrible battle.

A moment of silence plucked at the tension built up around her until it snapped.

“Arceus,” her knees buckled to bring her to the edge of the bed where she perched beside him, “I’m relieved to see you alive. I just . . .” she didn’t doubt his ability to survive. Fernando Silph was a hard man to kill but after her own encounter with she panicked, “I thought that -” her own words caught in the back of her throat. What did she think?

“How are you feeling? What did the doctors say?” she didn't need to ask, she could just read his chart. In fact . . . she leaned back to snag the tablet off the foot of the bed to check for herself.

[newclass=".eva"]--accent:#298A08; position:relative; [/newclass] [newclass=".eva blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:40px 70px; [/newclass] [newclass=".eva blockquote b, .eva blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) [/newclass] [newclass=".eva .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:470px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #298A08; [/newclass] [newclass=.eva .milkcredit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:25px; right:41px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #222, 1px -1px 0 #222, -1px 1px 0 #222, 1px 1px 0 #222; text-transform:uppercase;font-weight:bold[/newclass] [newclass=.eva .milkcredit a]font-weight:bold; color:var(--accent)!important;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,737 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
IT'S FINE
POSTED ON Dec 14, 2023 10:01:08 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar

IT'S FINE

“AH.”

he had wondered where they had gone. being rendered unconscious is nothing new but being deprived of his pokemon makes him feel naked. having them on him, even if unusable, brings reassurance. tools of the trade.

thank you.

his chart reads fine. whatever injuries he’s suffered are all superficial at worst. the severity falls as long as he can survive the initial burst. now that he’s stabilized and given a chance to heal, this scuffle is no different than the others before it.

i’m fine,” he insists while reading on his tablet. “if anything, i should be more concerned about you.

close tab

played by

BD

The Peacemaker
She / Her
January 25
Pallet Town, Kanto
Heterosexual...?
Veterinarian
Head Prof / Major
I HOPE
you dream of me
5'3'' height
5'3'' height
awards
3,742 posts
Eva Morales DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dreva
Eva Morales
IT'S FINE
POSTED ON Dec 15, 2023 7:56:29 GMT
Eva Morales Avatar
[attr="class","eva"]
[attr="class","top"]
 “Yeah, no problem,” she waved off his thanks while concentrated on the record in front of her. It’s what she does, which doesn’t warrant any praise. She nodded along, accepting that he was truthful in the statement that he was “fine”. But was he truly? Physically, his wounds would heal. As long as he let them.

She’s finished reading by the time he voiced his concern. Her gaze snapped up from the pale light of the device to his, “Me?” she seemed to be somewhere between surprised and annoyed, “I’m not the one she wanted to kill.”

could have. There was a moment on that shoreline where Eva thought the woman might actually choke the life out of her. Their focus on Fernando’s demise was Eva’s saving grace.

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,737 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
IT'S FINE
POSTED ON Dec 15, 2023 8:44:42 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar

IT'S FINE

"BUT YOU’RE THE ONE STILL RUNNING YOURSELF DRY.”

he knows better than to try and dissuade her from her natural calling. it’s the only reason he tempers this conversation with indifference. there’s no need for walls between them. just acceptance that they will always do more because they can.

it isn’t the first attempt on my life nor will it be the last.

a tacit tug of his headband overshadows a previous attempt.

sheer spite does wonders for my tenacity.

close tab

played by

BD

The Peacemaker
She / Her
January 25
Pallet Town, Kanto
Heterosexual...?
Veterinarian
Head Prof / Major
I HOPE
you dream of me
5'3'' height
5'3'' height
awards
3,742 posts
Eva Morales DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dreva
Eva Morales
IT'S FINE
POSTED ON Dec 15, 2023 8:59:07 GMT
Eva Morales Avatar
[attr="class","eva"]
[attr="class","top"]
 He’s not wrong. Her hands vaguely motioned to the mess outside the quiet walls of his hospital room, “It’s hard to ignore all this when I know I could be doing so much good. Saving lives that may have otherwise been lost,” she stole a glance at the pokeballs she left at his bedside. A little discomfort and exhaustion isn't an excuse to ignore one's duty. Not at a time like this.

Eva’s expression turned grim at the mention of other attempts on his life, especially the prospect of future ones, “Well, maybe if you were a little more personable people wouldn’t try to kill you so often.”

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,737 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
IT'S FINE
POSTED ON Dec 15, 2023 9:17:21 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar

IT'S FINE

“AND SET THEIR SIGHTS ON SOMEONE LESS CAPABLE?”

he scoffs.

this is my own way of saving lives that would have otherwise have been lost.

his nose wrinkles as he sets the tablet into his lap.

better me than you, no?

close tab

played by

BD

The Peacemaker
She / Her
January 25
Pallet Town, Kanto
Heterosexual...?
Veterinarian
Head Prof / Major
I HOPE
you dream of me
5'3'' height
5'3'' height
awards
3,742 posts
Eva Morales DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dreva
Eva Morales
IT'S FINE
POSTED ON Dec 16, 2023 5:39:48 GMT
Eva Morales Avatar
[attr="class","eva"]
[attr="class","top"]
 He spoke so nonchalantly about life, as if his is so expendable. This drew a harder look from the professor, a shadow of reluctance to accept any such truth obscured a fear of loss.

The hypocrite scoffed back, shifting into a more stiff posture, “Absolutely not. Your life is not worth any less than mine,” she’d sacrifice her life in a heart beat for those she cared for, and even those she barely knew. No one else was allowed to be so selfless.

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,737 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
IT'S FINE
POSTED ON Dec 16, 2023 6:15:23 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar

IT'S FINE

“INDEED.”

there is no protest to her statement. he says so with the certainty that she is correct. an implication that suggests the opposite. that his life is more important, rather.

for his selflessness is not harbored by altruistic means. but rather, his own self interest. a silph staple.

but value is not the only factor, morales.

he stares at her, unsure whether to smile or frown.

how we handle being a target and how it affects us is also something to be considered.

close tab

played by

BD

The Peacemaker
She / Her
January 25
Pallet Town, Kanto
Heterosexual...?
Veterinarian
Head Prof / Major
I HOPE
you dream of me
5'3'' height
5'3'' height
awards
3,742 posts
Eva Morales DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dreva
Eva Morales
IT'S FINE
POSTED ON Dec 16, 2023 7:08:57 GMT
Eva Morales Avatar
[attr="class","eva"]
[attr="class","top"]
 Two souls, one selfish and one selfless, walk the same path. It’s the intention that defines them, not the actions. That’s what separates the gods from the men. The gods act selfishly in the name of power, while the men sacrifice selflessly in the name of the gods, fated to forever live in a disillusioned world of their making.

That’s why Eva will never reach her full potential; she doesn't know how to be selfish.

She returned his look without buckling under the weight of it, “What makes you better at it than me?”

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,737 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
IT'S FINE
POSTED ON Dec 16, 2023 8:13:50 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar

IT'S FINE

“I HAVE LIVED IT MY ENTIRE LIFE,” is his unwavering pledge. “it bothers me no more than any other nuisance in my life.

which fashions a pocket smile out of him.

and i’ve gotten quite good at it.

close tab

played by

BD

The Peacemaker
She / Her
January 25
Pallet Town, Kanto
Heterosexual...?
Veterinarian
Head Prof / Major
I HOPE
you dream of me
5'3'' height
5'3'' height
awards
3,742 posts
Eva Morales DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dreva
Eva Morales
IT'S FINE
POSTED ON Dec 18, 2023 3:41:55 GMT
Eva Morales Avatar
[attr="class","eva"]
[attr="class","top"]
 His entire life? An impressive resume, but that didn’t mean it had to be that way.

“That sounds silly,” she wrinkled her nose, a shadow darkened her eyes as she looked over at him. This seemed familiar, “You might be good at pissing people off,” in that way, he and Matias were the same, “But other people get roped in, regardless.”

“You shouldn’t be so foolish.”

Her gaze finally broke away to linger on something else, “I think you're underestimating those you’re protecting.”

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,737 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
IT'S FINE
POSTED ON Dec 18, 2023 7:36:44 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar

IT'S FINE

“DO I?”

his smile dies at his own question. she can look away but his gaze does not. it stares at her as if they were maintaining eye contact. as if they were having a conversation set to his own pace.

i trust them with my life. this road we walk is not one someone can take on their own.

his nose wrinkles in the same way.

are you asking me to abandon the league, morales?

close tab

played by

BD

The Peacemaker
She / Her
January 25
Pallet Town, Kanto
Heterosexual...?
Veterinarian
Head Prof / Major
I HOPE
you dream of me
5'3'' height
5'3'' height
awards
3,742 posts
Eva Morales DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dreva
Eva Morales
IT'S FINE
POSTED ON Dec 24, 2023 8:08:44 GMT
Eva Morales Avatar
[attr="class","eva"]
[attr="class","top"]
 Abandon the League?

“Of course not!” what a ridiculous notion. He must have read between lines that didn’t exist. Still, she flustered under unresolved revelations and her own guilt for not doing more.

“Then you don’t have to make yourself the target all the time,” she huffed, obviously frustrated, but not really sure why, “We can’t afford to lose you.”