he / him
September 5
Fallarbor Town, Hoenn
pansexual
paralegal / special agent
agent
6'1" / 185 cm height
6'1" / 185 cm height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
1,445 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gunner
Gunner Graves
WE WHO REMAIN [M]
POSTED ON Dec 14, 2023 23:29:04 GMT
Gunner Graves Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","gunner3"]
[attr="class","body"]

Whenever Gunner returned home to Fallarbor, he visited the cemetery situated outside the town. Duty compelled him. Not only did he take the time to clean his grandparents' headstones, but he stopped at the memorial in the center of the sanctuary.[break][break]

There, he paid respects to those who lost their lives during Team Rocket's failed invasion of Fallarbor. Though the terrorist organization had been repelled, victory had not come without cost.[break][break]

"Sorry I wasn't here," Gunner murmured as he gazed at the names of the dead etched into the stone plinth. "Maybe I would have made a difference, if I had been."[break][break]

At his side, his Kecleon reached up to pat his arm in a comforting gesture.

TAGS[break]
NOTESmission

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]

[newclass=".gunner3"]--accent:#D8AD43;font:13px Roboto;[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunner3 b"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunner3 i"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunner3 u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunner3 a"]font:13px Roboto;color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunner3 h1"]font:16px Roboto;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunner3 h2"]font:14px Roboto;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunner3 .body"]background-image:url("https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png");background-position:bottom;background-repeat:no-repeat;text-align:justify;[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunner3 .pkmn img"]margin:-10px -7px 0px -7px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunner3 .credit"]font-size:13px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

miy

He/Him
Bi
civilian
20 height
20 height
awards
59 posts
part of
TAG WITH @zata
zata nefertum
WE WHO REMAIN [M]
POSTED ON Dec 17, 2023 8:45:29 GMT
zata nefertum Avatar

After his exploration in Meteor Falls. Zata rested in Fallarbor. From the bar he was drinking in the night prior he heard of a cemetery near the outskirts, where fallen soldiers of past battles resided. He thought it wouldn't harm to investigate the place. Perhaps he could find something. 

He explored the area the following day. He was not one to believe in the afterlife, but he still tried to respect the dead. He read the names and whatever was etched on the tombstones, some were titles held by the deceased, their loved ones, their deeds. Some were the fallen from the Ultra Beast War. It caught his attention and he lingered there a while. With no idea why. 

There were moss growing on the tombstones of the war's fallen warriors. Something inside drove him to remove the moss with his bare hands, wondering if the deceased fought side by side with his brother. 

Then a few Ghastly popped out and disturbed his peace and time of mourning. Zata stood up, agitated and annoyed, he held up a pokeball and a Froslass came out of it who immediately used Hex on the Ghastly, enough to scare it away.

As with every time he had trouble regulating his emotions, he drew from his pocket a pack of cigarettes and a lighter. Lighting one up before placing everything back in the pocket of his coat. He took a long drag out of it before releasing back all the toxins into the open air. That was when he noticed that he was not alone in mourning the fallen. He approached the older looking man, "Family?" he asked.

close tab

played by

gunsmile

"Lancer"
he / him
September 5
Fallarbor Town, Hoenn
pansexual
agent
6'1" / 185 cm height
6'1" / 185 cm height
awards
1,445 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gunner
Gunner Graves
WE WHO REMAIN [M]
POSTED ON Dec 17, 2023 13:24:21 GMT
Gunner Graves Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","gunner3"]
[attr="class","body"]

Gunner looked up at the sound of approaching footsteps to find a younger man with long, dark hair watching him. He shook his head at the man's question.[break][break]

"No, not family. My family's plot is over that way," Gunner explained, jerking his thumb over his shoulder in the general direction. "This memorial is for those who fell during Team Rocket's attack on Fallarbor, specifically."[break][break]

He paused, trying to formulate the best explanation for his interest in the monument without revealing what he did for a living.[break][break]

"This is my hometown, so it's important to me that Team Rocket failed," he said at length. "Otherwise, who knows what my parents would be suffering through right now."[break][break]

Then, because he'd never seen the young man's face in the area before, Gunner tilted his head at the stranger. "What about you?"

TAGS[break]
NOTESmission

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]

[newclass=".gunner3 u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunner3 h1"]font:16px Roboto;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunner3 h2"]font:14px Roboto;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunner3 .body"]background-image:url("https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png");background-position:bottom;background-repeat:no-repeat;text-align:justify;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

miy

He/Him
Bi
civilian
20 height
20 height
awards
59 posts
part of
TAG WITH @zata
zata nefertum
WE WHO REMAIN [M]
POSTED ON Dec 17, 2023 16:52:05 GMT
zata nefertum Avatar

This was the first Zata had heard about the attack on Fallarbor. The first thing that came to mind was the question of why Rocket would want to attack such a small town. Perhaps its vicinity to Mount Chimney. But that's the least of his concerns at that moment.

Zata listened to the man's explanation of why he was there, of his hometown and family, thinking nothing more of it.

The bud of his cig lit as he took in another drag before he answered the question. His gaze fixed on his shoes as he kicked away a pebble. "Interrogating the dead." Smoke escaped with his words.

"Some buried here might have fought alongside my brother during the war, they might know a few things. How he died for first." The young trainer decided it best if he sat down for this, he brought himself to the wet cold ground, his arms resting on his folded legs as he stared at nothing. "But he wasn't buried here, so I have doubts. His body was sent back to my hometown in Oldale. You might think it's normal, but something's amiss. He hadn't been in Oldale since the day he left years ago. Why would they send him back when he clearly did not want to be there. If he died in war why wasn't he buried with his comrades in arms."

He rested his palm against his forehead with a tired sigh. "I hope you'd excuse my rambling. I don't know where I'm going with this." A momentary laughter. "I've been looking for answers, but the dead don't speak." He finished, taking in another long drag off his cigarette. This was his first at expressing his emotions since his brother's death. He wasn't one to show emotions but the exhaustion had taken a serious toll on him.

close tab

played by

gunsmile

"Lancer"
he / him
September 5
Fallarbor Town, Hoenn
pansexual
agent
6'1" / 185 cm height
6'1" / 185 cm height
awards
1,445 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gunner
Gunner Graves
WE WHO REMAIN [M]
POSTED ON Dec 18, 2023 12:37:59 GMT
Gunner Graves Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","gunner3"]
[attr="class","body"]

Gunner fell silent as he listened to the stranger's explanation. Judging from his weariness, he'd been searching for answers for a long time.[break][break]

Despite the sudden pang of pity he felt, however, Gunner knew that he and his own family were in the same situation. If he suddenly died, his parents would receive no explanation. Though Gideon knew about his real career, the government might not deign to share the truth with him.[break][break]

"The people buried here are Fallarbor locals. People who grew up in the town and defended it as best they could. Not all of them were soldiers," Gunner remarked, commenting specifically on the younger man's use of the term 'brothers in arms'. "Most of them were just regular people. Some were Rangers, some were police."[break][break]

He shrugged, then fell silent for a time. When he spoke again, he asked, "What did your brother do for work?"

TAGS[break]
NOTESmission

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]

close tab

played by

miy

He/Him
Bi
civilian
20 height
20 height
awards
59 posts
part of
TAG WITH @zata
zata nefertum
WE WHO REMAIN [M]
POSTED ON Dec 18, 2023 14:27:29 GMT
zata nefertum Avatar

Reason returned to him after hearing the stranger's words. "Yeah, you're right. I guess I wanted there to be more. Chasing after something was an excuse for running away from my feelings," This wisdom seemed to come out of nowhere. But he had always been smart and analytical, whether he would heed his own words of wisdom was another story. He took another puff out of his cig, its light slowly dimmed as it burned through.

"He was a ranger." He answered. "Always wanting to protect, to the point of sacrificing himself." His voice turned sour at the end, driven by anger. The stages of grief apparent in the young man.

close tab

played by

gunsmile

"Lancer"
he / him
September 5
Fallarbor Town, Hoenn
pansexual
agent
6'1" / 185 cm height
6'1" / 185 cm height
awards
1,445 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gunner
Gunner Graves
WE WHO REMAIN [M]
POSTED ON Dec 18, 2023 18:25:25 GMT
Gunner Graves Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","gunner3"]
[attr="class","body"]

"If your brother was a Ranger stationed here in Fallarbor, then you should visit the Ranger headquarters in town and ask around, if you haven't done that already," Gunner said, mentally sorting through all the possible avenues the other man could take to learn more information. [break][break]

Then, almost as an afterthought, he added, "And if he wasn't stationed here, they might know something anyway. It wouldn't hurt to ask." [break][break]

Gunner didn't personally know the Fallarbor Ranger Captain, so he couldn't recommend reaching out to them directly. But, at the very least, someone could dig through the records on the stranger's behalf. [break][break]

Then he took out his phone and pulled up the Notes app. "What was your brother's name? And what's your name, for that matter? If I come across anything, I'll let you know. We can exchange contact info. I'm Gunner, by the way." [break][break]

Perhaps it was guilt brought up by knowing he and the stranger's brother could suffer the same fate that prompted this offer. Or perhaps it was his sense of justice rearing its head. Either way, it wouldn't take long to look up a name in the HBIC's civilian database.

TAGS[break]
NOTESmission

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]

close tab

played by

miy

He/Him
Bi
civilian
20 height
20 height
awards
59 posts
part of
TAG WITH @zata
zata nefertum
WE WHO REMAIN [M]
POSTED ON Dec 20, 2023 8:40:17 GMT
zata nefertum Avatar

Zata didn't know much about his brother's personal life. Not even where he was stationed during the war. The suggestion the stranger gave him was actually quite helpful. He wondered why he didn't think of it before. Perhaps because he didn't know anything about how the rangers work, nevertheless the existence of a headquarter in every region. He realized he was lost because he had done it all alone. You can't talk to the dead. But you can with the living. Zata never asked for help from a person in his life. He was comfortable with his independence. But now, he must take a leap.

The younger man stood up, with a sense of hope filling his veins flushing out the despair. "Nefertum, Raul Nefertum. I'm Zata." He answered simply.

He returned the Froslass that had been hovering around him back into her pokeball. He brought out another, a larger Mudsdale appeared. But before he mounted it, he looked at the stranger. "And hey Gunner, you seem like you've seen and know a lot. Do you know why the Megalopolans attacked us in the first place?". He heard the name before, and putting two and two together, they were the reason of his brother's death.

close tab

played by

gunsmile

"Lancer"
he / him
September 5
Fallarbor Town, Hoenn
pansexual
agent
6'1" / 185 cm height
6'1" / 185 cm height
awards
1,445 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gunner
Gunner Graves
WE WHO REMAIN [M]
POSTED ON Dec 20, 2023 16:31:28 GMT
Gunner Graves Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","gunner3"]
[attr="class","body"]

Gunner entered the names into his phone. Afterward, he exchanged numbers with Zata. Despite being a Hoenn native, the younger man seemed lost, like he lacked a knowledge of the wider world. [break][break]

Though Gunner knew he couldn't help every aimless soul in Hoenn, he felt better knowing that Zata could reach out if he was ever in a pinch. [break][break]

"Apparently, resources. They come from another world that is dying, or something, and they need energy to restore it," the blonde explained when asked about the Megalopolans. "There are a ton of news reports about the Ultra Beast War, if you're interested in looking into it." [break][break]

He tilted his head at Zata, putting together pieces of the puzzle. [break][break]

"Is that when your brother died?"

TAGS[break]
NOTESmission

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]

close tab

played by

miy

He/Him
Bi
civilian
20 height
20 height
awards
59 posts
part of
TAG WITH @zata
zata nefertum
WE WHO REMAIN [M]
POSTED ON Dec 20, 2023 18:12:27 GMT
zata nefertum Avatar

Zata had always been a recluse. Isolating himself from the rest of society. Only going out to work under the demands of a capitalism society, feared by his co-workers. Always grocery shopped under a hood and a mask. He learned from a very young age that all his demise came from other people, and the only way to keep himself safe was to push other people away. His brother's death changed the trajectory of his life, but it did take a while. Years.

"They could've asked nicely. They lost and ended up with nothing anyway. Would be smarter to make a trading agreement or something."
His emotions spoke through, his hatred towards the aliens noticeable under his breath. "I bet someone snitched on us, or made contact first. Out of all the worlds out there what are the likelihood that they found and targeted us. We don't even have that many resources to begin with. Stealing from each other like wild creatures." The Mudsdale neighed and stomped its hooves, sensing the trainers emotions preventing the man from mounting it. He pet down the Mudsdale in an attempt to calm it and him down. "Isolation is always the safest option. I know this best." He said from his experience and skewed view of the world.

Zata had been putting off reading the news. He could not stop imagining his brother being eaten alive. It haunted his nights. Wandering the silent graves were much easier.

"That's all I know." He answered. "I'm going to figure out where he was stationed. How he died. If he was-" His whole body stopped, he could not finish the sentence. Saying it out loud would make it a reality. He could not allow for that to happen.

close tab

played by

gunsmile

"Lancer"
he / him
September 5
Fallarbor Town, Hoenn
pansexual
agent
6'1" / 185 cm height
6'1" / 185 cm height
awards
1,445 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gunner
Gunner Graves
WE WHO REMAIN [M]
POSTED ON Dec 21, 2023 14:01:24 GMT
Gunner Graves Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","gunner3"]
[attr="class","body"]

As Zata ranted, growing more agitated by the second, Gunner listened in silence. He recognized the anger and frustration in the younger man, having felt similarly about a different war and a different dead loved one. [break][break]

The comment about isolation gave Gunner pause, however. In his eyes, it came from nowhere, an incongruous statement inserted at random into the emotional venting. [break][break]

"I hope you find the answers to your questions," he simply said, knowing that nothing he could say or do could bring Zata comfort. "I'll text you if I find anything on my end." [break][break]

Stuffing his hands in his coat's pockets, Gunner turned back to the memorial, intent on lingering for a few more minutes before heading home.

TAGS[break]
NOTESmission

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]

close tab

played by

miy

He/Him
Bi
civilian
20 height
20 height
awards
59 posts
part of
TAG WITH @zata
zata nefertum
WE WHO REMAIN [M]
POSTED ON Dec 21, 2023 18:32:44 GMT
zata nefertum Avatar

With a strong leap Zata was able to mount on the now calmed Mudsdale. He looked down at the older man, processing his thoughts as to think of what to say to him.

"Never have I been this emotional in front of a person before. Thank you, for listening. 'Till we meet again, Gunner."

He gently patted the Mudsdale's rear. It neighed and then began to run, leaving nothing but dust behind.

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
40,903 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
WE WHO REMAIN [M]
POSTED ON Dec 22, 2023 5:24:01 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]MISSION COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS:
(OFFICER)
img
The Shula Region
Hogwarts AU
RPG Unlimited
MR
The Enroi Region
N:FB