POSTED ON Dec 19, 2023 4:13:42 GMT
mint frost Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","neonmint"]

[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","colorbar"]

[attr="class","body"]

[attr="class","iconimage"]

"Thanks for coming." he said as he carefully tucked stray strands of blond under a tightly secured beanie and lead their roundabout way into the Silent Icelands, straight towards their first more noticeable destination: the cemetery. As they crested a hill, he could begin to see the frozen figures in the distance, some more decorated than others but it was clear humans congregated there. [break][break]

"We're close to the center of the patch...ish. But there are some natural...mountain. Barely. Nearby that may act as a place of refuge for our target." he said, ignoring the snow as it flurried onto them.

[attr="class","oocbox"]
[attr="class","title"]TLDR;

| in disguise to recruit hehe hoho | mission prompt: it's so sn'over [break][break]

[attr="class","lyricbox"]
it's a highway, highway to the dark [break]
and a neon medusa's got your heart .

[newclass=".neonmint"] --color: #48cbf0; [/newclass] [newclass=".neonmint .body u"] font:11px Roboto; letter-spacing:2px; border-bottom:1px dotted; text-decoration:none; [/newclass] [newclass=".neonmint .body b"] color:var(--color); font:bold 12px 'Poppins'; [/newclass] [newclass=".neonmint .body i"] color:var(--color); [/newclass] [newclass=".neonmint"] width: 490px; margin: 0px auto; min-height: 500px; background: #171718; padding-bottom:20px; [/newclass] [newclass=".neonmint .top"] background-image: url(https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/995855452036415501/1092676158828585012/image.png); height: 300px; margin-left: 20px; [/newclass] [newclass=".neonmint .colorbar"] height:20px; background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; background-color:var(--color); [/newclass] [newclass=".neonmint .body"] background:#222; margin: 20px 30px 20px; padding:30px; font:12px 'Roboto'; text-align:justify; color:#eee; border-radius:0px 20px 20px 20px; text-transform:lowercase; [/newclass] [newclass=".neonmint .lyricbox"] background:#222; font:11px 'Consolas'; padding:20px; background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; color:#eee; text-align:center; letter-spacing:2px; [/newclass] [newclass=".neonmint .lyricbox b"] color:var(--color); [/newclass] [newclass=".neonmint .lyricbox i"] border-bottom:1px solid var(--color); [/newclass] [newclass=".neonmint .oocbox"] text-align:right; border-top:1px solid #333; padding-top:10px; margin-top:20px; font:10px/12px 'Poppins'; margin-bottom:-10px; [/newclass] [newclass=".neonmint .oocbox .title"] font:bold 15px 'Poppins'; color:var(--color); [/newclass] [newclass=".neonmint a"] color:inherit; text-decoration:none; font:bold 13px/11px 'Poppins'; text-transform:uppercase; [/newclass] [newclass=".neonmint .pkmnparty"] text-align:center; width:400px; [/newclass] [newclass=".neonmint .pkmnparty img"] margin-left:-20px; margin-top:-10px; [/newclass] [newclass=".neonmint .body .iconimage"] float: left; margin: 8px 15px 5px 1px; border: solid 9px #272727; border-radius: 3px; box-shadow: -1px -1px 0px #232323, 1px -1px 0px #232323, -1px 1px 0px #232323, 1px 1px 0px #232323, 3px 3px 0px #303030, -3px 3px 0px #303030, 3px -3px 0px #303030, -3px -3px 0px #303030; [/newclass]

close tab

played by

Dove

Admin Bee
He / Him
April 12
Lumiose City, Kalos
Pansexual
Broadcast Journalist
Admin
if you're lonely
come be lonely with me
6'0" / 183 cm height
6'0" / 183 cm height
i fell for your magic. i tasted your skin. and though this is tragic, at least i found the end.
awards
2,195 posts
part of
TAG WITH @barnaby
BARNABY FINCH
freeze dried coffins [fit]
POSTED ON Dec 22, 2023 4:30:28 GMT
BARNABY FINCH Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","gunstempbarnaby"]
[attr="class","body"]

"Of course." They'd worked well together on their last recent mission. When suggested a second, this time in the Silent Icelands, was more than happy to oblige.[break][break]

Still, they needed to be careful. This barren place was like a nightmare before Wintertide, the frozen Pokémon a constant reminder of the chilling things that unfolded here. The weather threatened to make their exploits even more difficult.[break][break]

When was the last time it had snowed like this in Hoenn?[break][break]

Pulling the hood of his coat up against the growing wind, Barnaby followed Mint toward the cemetery, eyes alert for movement of any kind.[break][break]

"Have there been any sightings of Articuno in the area?"

[break][break]

[attr="class","notes"]

[attr="class","credit1"]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[newclass=".gunstempbarnaby"]--accent:#796477;font:13px Poppins;[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunstempbarnaby b"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunstempbarnaby i"]color: #cecece; [/newclass]
[newclass=".gunstempbarnaby u"]font: 800 12px Quattrocento Sans; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 2px; text-decoration: none; color: #808080; [/newclass]
[newclass=".gunstempbarnaby a"]font: 13px Quattrocento Sans!important; letter-spacing: .5px; text-transform: lowercase; color: #796477; [/newclass]
[newclass=".gunstempbarnaby h1"]font:16px Roboto;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunstempbarnaby h2"]font:14px Roboto;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunstempbarnaby .body"]background-image:url("https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png");background-position:bottom;background-repeat:no-repeat;text-align:justify;color: #AAAAA6[/newclass]

[newclass=".gunstempbarnaby .notes"] background: #2b2b2b; border: 1px #232323 solid; border-radius: 3px; padding: 25px 15px 25px 15px; margin: 5px 7px 10px 8px; [/newclass]
[newclass=".gunstempbarnaby .pkmn img"]margin:-10px -7px 0px -7px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunstempbarnaby .credit1"]font-size:15px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

kimmy

peppermint, micha
he/they
january 19
hearthome city, sinnoh
homiesexual
ig baddie
rocket beast
you gon' be
addicted to my eyes
5'6" height
5'6" height
✨ I'm addicted to shining and glowing
awards
2,662 posts
mint frost DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @mint
mint frost
POSTED ON Dec 24, 2023 4:27:01 GMT
mint frost Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","body"]

"The weather's testy today, but all t he better to keep patrolling rangers away." And even if they did find any, he could just say they were visiting the frozen pokemon that stood like a dark monument in the middle of the snow fields. "Possibly. No readings caught, but pulling on our open source intel has been multiple blurry photos and descriptions of the bird." [break][break]

Bad videos, warped cries, the picture of feather. "Articuno hasn't been officially seen, but we can infer it'll come here if it shares any resemblance with its Kantonian counterpart, holed up in Shoal Cave." he explained. They were different types, sure, but he figured that the Galarian bird would still enjoy the cold isolation the Silent Icelands offered. [break][break]

"We have to travel a little ways but hopefully we can find those feathers you picked up at Mt. Chimney, but for Articuno." he added, flashing a grin and his handheld at the Admin. As they weave through the snow and pasts the frozen statues, he slows down by his Aggron, Bucatini and gives her a pat and a greeting before they carry on. His Slither Wing, Carbonara knows the way, LOW SWEEPing chunks of snow and ice out of the way to make a path for the pair of Rockets.

[attr="class","oocbox"]

| in disguise to recruit hehe hoho | mission prompt: it's so sn'over [break][break]

[newclass=".neonmint"] --color: #48cbf0; [/newclass] [newclass=".neonmint .body u"] font:11px Roboto; letter-spacing:2px; border-bottom:1px dotted; text-decoration:none; [/newclass] [newclass=".neonmint .body b"] color:var(--color); font:bold 12px 'Poppins'; [/newclass] [newclass=".neonmint .body i"] color:var(--color); [/newclass] [newclass=".neonmint"] width: 490px; margin: 0px auto; min-height: 500px; background: #171718; padding-bottom:20px; [/newclass] [newclass=".neonmint .top"] background-image: url(https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/995855452036415501/1092676158828585012/image.png); height: 300px; margin-left: 20px; [/newclass] [newclass=".neonmint .colorbar"] height:20px; background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; background-color:var(--color); [/newclass] [newclass=".neonmint .body"] background:#222; margin: 20px 30px 20px; padding:30px; font:12px 'Roboto'; text-align:justify; color:#eee; border-radius:0px 20px 20px 20px; text-transform:lowercase; [/newclass] [newclass=".neonmint .lyricbox"] background:#222; font:11px 'Consolas'; padding:20px; background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; color:#eee; text-align:center; letter-spacing:2px; [/newclass] [newclass=".neonmint .lyricbox b"] color:var(--color); [/newclass] [newclass=".neonmint .lyricbox i"] border-bottom:1px solid var(--color); [/newclass] [newclass=".neonmint .oocbox"] text-align:right; border-top:1px solid #333; padding-top:10px; margin-top:20px; font:10px/12px 'Poppins'; margin-bottom:-10px; [/newclass] [newclass=".neonmint .oocbox .title"] font:bold 15px 'Poppins'; color:var(--color); [/newclass] [newclass=".neonmint a"] color:inherit; text-decoration:none; font:bold 13px/11px 'Poppins'; text-transform:uppercase; [/newclass] [newclass=".neonmint .pkmnparty"] text-align:center; width:400px; [/newclass] [newclass=".neonmint .pkmnparty img"] margin-left:-20px; margin-top:-10px; [/newclass] [newclass=".neonmint .body .iconimage"] float: left; margin: 8px 15px 5px 1px; border: solid 9px #272727; border-radius: 3px; box-shadow: -1px -1px 0px #232323, 1px -1px 0px #232323, -1px 1px 0px #232323, 1px 1px 0px #232323, 3px 3px 0px #303030, -3px 3px 0px #303030, 3px -3px 0px #303030, -3px -3px 0px #303030; [/newclass]

close tab

played by

Dove

Admin Bee
He / Him
April 12
Lumiose City, Kalos
Pansexual
Broadcast Journalist
Admin
if you're lonely
come be lonely with me
6'0" / 183 cm height
6'0" / 183 cm height
i fell for your magic. i tasted your skin. and though this is tragic, at least i found the end.
awards
2,195 posts
part of
TAG WITH @barnaby
BARNABY FINCH
POSTED ON Jan 1, 2024 5:23:41 GMT
BARNABY FINCH Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","body"]

The Pokémon encased in Never-Melt Ice loomed heavy over the two ROCKETs as they traversed the Silent Icelands. paused at one such monolith, but it was a fleeting moment of short-lived reunion. figured the AGGRON must be tied to the Beast in some way, but didn't press for information.[break][break]

"I wonder more and more how reliable the notion of similarity is," The admin mused as they pushed forward. "Though the birds look similar to their counterparts, there's been little evidence to show they favor the same areas here in Hoenn."[break][break]

Privately, Barnaby wondered if natural logic even applied to manifestations conjured by something like THE VIOLET BOOK. [break][break]

"But of course, there's no harm in being sure. And Hugo here may be of help finding these feathers,"[break][break]

Barnaby's SHADOW NINETALES, Hugo, had a remarkable nose and keen eyesight. His body also ran naturally hot, helping to melt some of the snow ahead of Barnaby and thus create an easier-to-follow path.

[break][break]

[attr="class","notes"]

[attr="class","credit1"]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[newclass=".gunstempbarnaby u"]font: 800 12px Quattrocento Sans; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 2px; text-decoration: none; color: #808080; [/newclass]
[newclass=".gunstempbarnaby a"]font: 13px Quattrocento Sans!important; letter-spacing: .5px; text-transform: lowercase; color: #796477; [/newclass]
[newclass=".gunstempbarnaby h1"]font:16px Roboto;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunstempbarnaby h2"]font:14px Roboto;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunstempbarnaby .body"]background-image:url("https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png");background-position:bottom;background-repeat:no-repeat;text-align:justify;color: #AAAAA6[/newclass]

[newclass=".gunstempbarnaby .notes"] background: #2b2b2b; border: 1px #232323 solid; border-radius: 3px; padding: 25px 15px 25px 15px; margin: 5px 7px 10px 8px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

kimmy

peppermint, micha
he/they
january 19
hearthome city, sinnoh
homiesexual
ig baddie
rocket beast
you gon' be
addicted to my eyes
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
2,662 posts
mint frost DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @mint
mint frost
POSTED ON Jan 10, 2024 3:35:02 GMT
mint frost Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","body"]

"Who knows? It's the simplest inference we can make, so I've decided to look into it first." he said. "I need more intel from Galar, but research on that front is slow. I'm still waiting on some briefs from Galar's branch on the birds." he smiled at the Admin. "And even then, since they were seemingly created out of thin air, they might be decidedly different than whatever Galar has currently, you know? Paradoxes are always so violent at first." he said. [break][break]

Carbonara slows pace for Hugo before moving to assist with their own fire power. As the pair make it onto the ice patch the winds seem to pick up. The howling threatens to become a white out. Mint packs away his hand held and checks the weather by radioing through on his ear piece. "CAUTION! Rolling blizzard approaching coordinates at Silent Ice-" the radio comms take on static. "Shit, we need some cover!" he said as their somewhat blustery walk started to become a white out. [break][break]

Trying to combat some of the snow storm, Carbonara FLAME CHARGES forward, burning hot and buzzing in distress as she tried to find cover for the pair. Mint also releases Straciatella. The Abomasnow becomes a wall, hovering over Mint and Barnaby as she tries to guide them to safety in the form of stone cavern that had the barest hint of glittering tera crystals at its edge.

[attr="class","oocbox"]

close tab

played by

Dove

Admin Bee
He / Him
April 12
Lumiose City, Kalos
Pansexual
Broadcast Journalist
Admin
if you're lonely
come be lonely with me
6'0" / 183 cm height
6'0" / 183 cm height
awards
2,195 posts
part of
TAG WITH @barnaby
BARNABY FINCH
POSTED ON Feb 13, 2024 2:23:09 GMT
BARNABY FINCH Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","body"]

Roaring wind and sleet overtake any means of communication, whether through comms or face-to-face. All Barnaby could do was plow forward, following after and their trio of Pokémon.[break][break]

They make it to the stone cave just in time. Within moments of clearing the threshold, the white out begins. Visibility would be zero if either man attempted to discern things outside the mouth of the cavern.[break][break]

"Looks like we're stuck for awhile." Barnaby quipped, leaning back against a nearby rock wall. Hugo curled around his master's legs, sharing his warmth.

[break][break]

[attr="class","notes"]

[attr="class","credit1"]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

close tab

played by

kimmy

peppermint, micha
he/they
january 19
hearthome city, sinnoh
homiesexual
ig baddie
rocket beast
you gon' be
addicted to my eyes
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
2,662 posts
mint frost DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @mint
mint frost
POSTED ON Feb 20, 2024 23:25:12 GMT
mint frost Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","body"]

The snow seemed to pack and stick, coming down impossibly fast. He stays near his Slither Wing for warmth and she crooned at the storming outside. "Think its just bad weather or something more?" he asked before looking down at his radar. Not that the range was much but even inside the storm there's barely a ping on his machine. [break][break]

"Even with my gear, this storm may be too fierce for my team of ice types." As he said this, something shook the cavern and his Slither Wing motioned for him to get back. Diving deeper into the icy cavern, the low light of the outside is suddenly cut off by a mass of snow that blocks and covers up the entrance. The cave gets dark, and his partner immediately breathes a few embers to give them some light. She only managed to add a little bit. A small cluster of tera crystals began to glow, adding to the ambience. [break][break]

"Bee, you ok?" he asked, mostly out of courtesy than anything else. What a day. "Can those birds navigate through this kind of weather?" he wondered aloud, annoyed at their setbacks for the day. [break][break]

[attr="class","oocbox"]

close tab

played by

Dove

Admin Bee
He / Him
April 12
Lumiose City, Kalos
Pansexual
Broadcast Journalist
Admin
if you're lonely
come be lonely with me
6'0" / 183 cm height
6'0" / 183 cm height
awards
2,195 posts
part of
TAG WITH @barnaby
BARNABY FINCH
POSTED ON Mar 12, 2024 18:00:17 GMT
BARNABY FINCH Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","body"]

"Who knows? It could be anything." Mother Nature screaming into the void, the ephemeral birds conjured by THE VIOLET BOOK, even KYUREM itself. [break][break]

For now, all they could do was speculate and wait to see what happened. Especially after a mountain of snow came barreling down the cliff above them, blocking the entrance to the cave they sheltered within.[break][break]

All went dark.[break][break]

"Yeah, I'm alright. You?" Instinctively, he moved forward to try and get closer to in the gloom.[break][break]

When embers from both of their Pokémon lit up the small space, the two men were now mere inches apart.

[break][break]

[attr="class","notes"]

[attr="class","credit1"]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

close tab

played by

kimmy

peppermint, micha
he/they
january 19
hearthome city, sinnoh
homiesexual
ig baddie
rocket beast
you gon' be
addicted to my eyes
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
2,662 posts
mint frost DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @mint
mint frost
POSTED ON Mar 14, 2024 3:31:17 GMT
mint frost Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","body"]

The moment is tense, even as the soft light of their pokemon's embers offer a bit of relief. The tera crystals still glow gently , peeking out of the rock. A careful eye to the ground and a sniff. No dreammist. So hopefully no paradoxes either. "Yes. I don't think I hear anything either." The shrieking winds muffled by a wall of snow. [break][break]

He pulled out his handheld to check their location. "Ironically...we're near where I thought Galarian Articuno might hide out in." he gave a pause showing the map to hiss admin. "Wouldn't it be funny if Articuno dropped all that snow on us while it returned to a nest?" he added, snorting quietly as Arrabiata settled herself on Mint's toes for warmth. [break][break]

With all the wind and snow, anything left around might be impossible to find. And who knew how long that storm would last. "Sorry, this may end up being a waste of an excursion." he said as he tried to catch other signals, curious to see if any Ranger were chatting about this storm. [break][break]

[attr="class","oocbox"]

close tab

played by

Dove

Admin Bee
He / Him
April 12
Lumiose City, Kalos
Pansexual
Broadcast Journalist
Admin
if you're lonely
come be lonely with me
6'0" / 183 cm height
6'0" / 183 cm height
awards
2,195 posts
part of
TAG WITH @barnaby
BARNABY FINCH
POSTED ON Mar 16, 2024 20:06:09 GMT
BARNABY FINCH Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","body"]

"It's fine. Whatever this is, it's out of our control." Barnaby replied with an indifferent sigh, leaning over 's shoulder to look over the screen of the device in his hands.[break][break]

It looked like a map of some sort, with topographical lines and the like. The current reading put them just within the lip of a semi-large mountain.[break][break]

"Does this thing have any games on it? If we're gonna be here awhile, we might as well pass the time somehow."[break][break]

A little admin/beast bonding didn't sound so bad, after all.[break][break]

"Come here." Barnaby ordered softly, patting the spot next to him where he sat, leaning against the cavern wall. His NINETALES curled into him on the other side of his body, providing warmth for the two ROCKETs.

[break][break]

[attr="class","notes"]

[attr="class","credit1"]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

close tab

played by

kimmy

peppermint, micha
he/they
january 19
hearthome city, sinnoh
homiesexual
ig baddie
rocket beast
you gon' be
addicted to my eyes
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
2,662 posts
mint frost DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @mint
mint frost
POSTED ON Apr 25, 2024 2:12:22 GMT
mint frost Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","body"]

Mint doesn't shift around, glancing up at Bee before moving his device slightly to the side so the Admin could get a better view of their position. There's probably some interference, but the infinity tracker doesn't beep any faster. So, either this isn't Galarian Articuno's nest, or it's not here right now. [break][break]

At the question, his eyebrows screw together and his mouth hangs open in shock before glancing down almost guiltily. "I- Well...yeah..." Had he forced the install of games on his very important, very stolen, very modified infinity tracker? Yes. Absolutely. It's not like he could bring his phone out with him on these missions. [break][break]

Despite the small show of shame, he perks up easily when the Admin allows him to sit next to him to share their only source of entertainment. Mint gives the Ninetails a small nod of thanks as he plopped down. By virtue of being smaller, he gets snug between Barnaby's side and his arm. With practiced ease of a professional, Mint curls up, tucking his legs close to his chest, and compacting himself to save warmth. [break][break]

"Here. I've got a selection, but the graphics aren't anywhere near smart phone pretty." he said, resting his cheek on the man's body so he could watch them play.
[break][break]

[attr="class","oocbox"]

WRITE REPLY

QUICK REPLY

it's a long life full of long nights