He/Him
January 01
Fortree City
Heterosexual
Rocket Employee
Grunt
175 CM height
175 CM height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
378 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gerald
Gerald Kaiser
Escape from Office Hell (Mission)
POSTED ON Dec 19, 2023 20:10:52 GMT
Gerald Kaiser Avatar

If he had to read through another ill-worded and barely coherent Grunt report he was quite certain that Rocket’s version of HR would be the least of his problems.

While Gerald couldn’t recall how he had ever stumbled into the role of paper-pusher for the last two months, he had begun to resign himself to the safe quiet office life. And yet the latest batch of Rocket grunts and their attempt at paper-work had convinced him that this was better left in more patient hands.

No, much as he loathed to admit it he needed action. Even if he knew that it might one day lead to his little sister being without her brother. As these thoughts ebbed and flowed in his mind he walked casually toward ’s office.

He considered many ways to broach the subject with the Rocket Admin, yet as he knocked on the door and waited for permission to get in, he hadn’t settled on a single way to do so.

MISSION: Assessment Act 1

MADE BY MIZO
[googlefont=Raleway]
close tab

played by

milky

jayden
he/him
december 25
ballonlea, galar
bisexual
wyndon ceo
admin
we'll never get free, lamb to the slaughter
awards
4,144 posts
jayden cross DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @jayden
jayden cross
POSTED ON Dec 20, 2023 5:58:55 GMT
jayden cross Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","dejavu"]
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","textbody"]
[attr="class","postbody"]
[attr="class","avatarimg"]
would find, the moment that he approached the door, that something was different than he was used to. at least, more likely then he remembered.

[break][break] since august, when the events of the cave of origin had occurred, several different rumors made their ways down to the ranks of the organization. a majority of grunts knew, of course, that there was another avatar in rocket's ranks. just as many knew that it was the work of a ruinous beast.

[break][break] however, as far as that went, the rest of the stories then diverted paths.

[break][break] some said it was because admin cross had demanded it. jealous of the power that other avatars in rocket wielded, he had forced the companionship between the two, the same way that people had torn through space to get a sample of DEOXYS DNA. others said that he was a victim — that chien pao had randomly attacked the room at large, and jayden had been simply collateral — that he was a puppet on a string, to be used as the ruinous beast as he wished.

[break][break] some said he was no different than before. others said he was entirely different.

[break][break] people said he never slept. others said that he slept all the time.

[break][break] some said he was as monstrous as the MEGALOPOLANS that ruled their city. others said that jayden had never been more human before.

[break][break] regardless, would find the truth of these rumors eventually. he may have even seen evidence of them, if he crossed paths with the offense admin at any moment before —

[break][break] the door opened and icy mist leaked out of the room like it was poison.

[break][break] blue eyes blinked into the open space.

[break][break] "kaiser?" the voice echoed. "is that you?"

[attr="class","symbol"]
[attr="class,"cp cp-skull"]

[attr="class","tag"]
[break]
spectra assessment i

[attr="class","milkycred"]
MILKY

[newclass=".dejavu"] --accent:#7c6678; --speech:#7c6678; [/newclass] [newclass=".dejavu"] width: 450px; margin: 0px auto; position:relative; [/newclass] [newclass=".dejavu .textbody b"] color:var(--speech); font:bold 13px/11px 'Poppins'; [/newclass] [newclass=".dejavu .textbody i"] color:var(--speech); [/newclass] [newclass=".dejavu .textbody u"] color:var(--speech); font-style:italic; font-size:12px; letter-spacing:1px; text-decoration:underline; [/newclass] [newclass=".dejavu .top"] border-radius:5px 5px 0px 0px; background-color:#2B2B2B; height:50px; background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; [/newclass] [newclass=".dejavu .textbody"] padding:40px 80px; text-align:justify; font:12px 'Roboto'; letter-spacing:0.2px; color:#ddd; background:#222; background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; border-bottom:15px solid var(--accent); [/newclass] [newclass=".dejavu .textbody .avatarimg"] height:85px; width:85px; float: left; margin: 1px 21px 11px 1px; border: solid 9px #272727; border-radius: 3px; box-shadow: -1px -1px 0px #232323, 1px -1px 0px #232323, -1px 1px 0px #232323, 1px 1px 0px #232323, 3px 3px 0px #303030, -3px 3px 0px #303030, 3px -3px 0px #303030, -3px -3px 0px #303030; filter:grayscale(100%); [/newclass] [newclass=".dejavu .tag"] font:11px 'Poppins'; color:rgba(250,250,250,0.5); border-top:1px solid #333; text-align:right; margin-top:30px; padding-top:5px; [/newclass] [newclass=".dejavu .tag a"] font: 10px 'Poppins'!important;letter-spacing:5px; text-transform:uppercase; color:inherit!important; text-decoration:none; [/newclass] [newclass=".dejavu .symbol .cp"] font-size:15px; margin-top:39px; position:absolute; background:#2B2B2B; padding:10px; border:1px solid #333; color:var(--speech); [/newclass] [newclass=".dejavu .milkycred"] font:10px 'Poppins'!important; color:#eee; background:#222; padding:2px 10px; position:absolute; top:25px; right:-40px; transform:rotate(90deg); background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; border-radius:5px; [/newclass] [newclass=".dejavu .postbody a"] font:bold 13px/10px 'Poppins'!important; text-transform:lowercase!important; letter-spacing:-0.2px;[/newclass] [newclass=".dejavu .milkycred a"] font:10px 'Poppins'!important; color:#eee!important; text-decoration:none; [/newclass]

[newclass=".starrygif"] background-image:url(https://images.squidge.org/images/2023/12/03/The-night-sky-once-ruled-my-imagination.-on-We-Heart-It.gif); height:150px; width:275px; background-position:50%; border-radius:10px; border: solid 9px #272727; border-radius: 3px; box-shadow: -1px -1px 0px #232323, 1px -1px 0px #232323, -1px 1px 0px #232323, 1px 1px 0px #232323, 3px 3px 0px #303030, -3px 3px 0px #303030, 3px -3px 0px #303030, -3px -3px 0px #303030; filter:grayscale(0.3); [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Senpai

He/Him
January 01
Fortree City
Heterosexual
Rocket Employee
Grunt
175 CM height
175 CM height
awards
378 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gerald
Gerald Kaiser
POSTED ON Dec 25, 2023 18:54:04 GMT
Gerald Kaiser Avatar
Gerald couldn’t deny having heard the rumors. It had been THE topic among the grunts for a while. Gerald cared little for rumors, but knew that whatever beast with the power to establish avatar-bond was no laughing matter.

Anyway, the door opened revealing Jayden. A simple question was posed and Gerald gave a simple nod and a “Yes it is.”

“I hope I am not interrupting anything important?” A simple question to test the waters.

MADE BY MIZO
[googlefont=Raleway]
close tab

played by

milky

jayden
he/him
december 25
ballonlea, galar
bisexual
wyndon ceo
admin
awards
4,144 posts
jayden cross DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @jayden
jayden cross
POSTED ON Feb 3, 2024 7:50:45 GMT
jayden cross Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","dejavu"]
[attr="class","top"]

"no. nothing important."

[break][break] the words sound uneven in the frosted space, even as the admin's eyes meet those of the grunt across the room. as he steps in closer, he should find jayden seated at his desk behind a pile of paperwork.

[break][break] that being said, outside of the temperature of the room, there is nothing unusual.

[break][break] had always been a bit of a workoholic.

[break][break] he places a file to the side, straightening slightly.

[break][break] "what do you need, kaiser?"

[attr="class","symbol"]

[attr="class","tag"]
[break]
spectra assessment i

MILKY

[newclass=".dejavu"] --accent:#7c6678; --speech:#7c6678; [/newclass] [newclass=".dejavu"] width: 450px; margin: 0px auto; position:relative; [/newclass] [newclass=".dejavu .textbody b"] color:var(--speech); font:bold 13px/11px 'Poppins'; [/newclass] [newclass=".dejavu .textbody i"] color:var(--speech); [/newclass] [newclass=".dejavu .textbody u"] color:var(--speech); font-style:italic; font-size:12px; letter-spacing:1px; text-decoration:underline; [/newclass] [newclass=".dejavu .top"] border-radius:5px 5px 0px 0px; background-color:#2B2B2B; height:50px; background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; [/newclass] [newclass=".dejavu .textbody"] padding:40px 80px; text-align:justify; font:12px 'Roboto'; letter-spacing:0.2px; color:#ddd; background:#222; background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; border-bottom:15px solid var(--accent); [/newclass] [newclass=".dejavu .textbody .avatarimg"] height:85px; width:85px; float: left; margin: 1px 21px 11px 1px; border: solid 9px #272727; border-radius: 3px; box-shadow: -1px -1px 0px #232323, 1px -1px 0px #232323, -1px 1px 0px #232323, 1px 1px 0px #232323, 3px 3px 0px #303030, -3px 3px 0px #303030, 3px -3px 0px #303030, -3px -3px 0px #303030; filter:grayscale(100%); [/newclass] [newclass=".dejavu .tag"] font:11px 'Poppins'; color:rgba(250,250,250,0.5); border-top:1px solid #333; text-align:right; margin-top:30px; padding-top:5px; [/newclass] [newclass=".dejavu .tag a"] font: 10px 'Poppins'!important;letter-spacing:5px; text-transform:uppercase; color:inherit!important; text-decoration:none; [/newclass] [newclass=".dejavu .symbol .cp"] font-size:15px; margin-top:39px; position:absolute; background:#2B2B2B; padding:10px; border:1px solid #333; color:var(--speech); [/newclass] [newclass=".dejavu .milkycred"] font:10px 'Poppins'!important; color:#eee; background:#222; padding:2px 10px; position:absolute; top:25px; right:-40px; transform:rotate(90deg); background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; border-radius:5px; [/newclass] [newclass=".dejavu .postbody a"] font:bold 13px/10px 'Poppins'!important; text-transform:lowercase!important; letter-spacing:-0.2px;[/newclass] [newclass=".dejavu .milkycred a"] font:10px 'Poppins'!important; color:#eee!important; text-decoration:none; [/newclass]

[newclass=".starrygif"] background-image:url(https://images.squidge.org/images/2023/12/03/The-night-sky-once-ruled-my-imagination.-on-We-Heart-It.gif); height:150px; width:275px; background-position:50%; border-radius:10px; border: solid 9px #272727; border-radius: 3px; box-shadow: -1px -1px 0px #232323, 1px -1px 0px #232323, -1px 1px 0px #232323, 1px 1px 0px #232323, 3px 3px 0px #303030, -3px 3px 0px #303030, 3px -3px 0px #303030, -3px -3px 0px #303030; filter:grayscale(0.3); [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Senpai

He/Him
January 01
Fortree City
Heterosexual
Rocket Employee
Grunt
175 CM height
175 CM height
awards
378 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gerald
Gerald Kaiser
POSTED ON Feb 7, 2024 8:32:28 GMT
Gerald Kaiser Avatar
An uncomfortable familiarity welled up within Gerald as he gazed upon the paperwork that found himself behind. So uncomfortable was the sight that for a brief moment he attributed the shivering cold of the room to it.

But all of those feelings and thoughts were pushed far away as there was conversation to be had. “I need to see more action.” Gerald stated bluntly.

“I think my particular skill set is not being properly utilized with the work I have been made to do recently, and I would like to change that if possible.” He gave Jayden a moment to reply. Gauging his reaction in the meantime.

MADE BY MIZO
[googlefont=Raleway]
close tab

played by

milky

jayden
he/him
december 25
ballonlea, galar
bisexual
wyndon ceo
admin
awards
4,144 posts
jayden cross DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @jayden
jayden cross
POSTED ON Feb 8, 2024 5:11:56 GMT
jayden cross Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","dejavu"]
[attr="class","top"]

more action.

[break][break] it was not an uncommon request. after all, there were many grunts who felt that the mundaneness of casual labor or paperwork were lost on them. especially those who were ambitious, who wanted to sink their claws in deep to the darkest parts of rocket.

[break][break] "training is important, no matter your rank," his tone was sharp, eyes narrowed, on the edge of a warning.

[break][break] then his expression smoothed over.

[break][break] "but i will give you the floor."

[break][break] his tone was even, betraying nothing, but it was evidence of their close relationship that jayden let him speak at all.

[break][break] "tell me what kind of change you're looking for."

[break]

[attr="class","symbol"]

[attr="class","tag"]
[break]
spectra assessment i

MILKY

close tab

played by

Senpai

He/Him
January 01
Fortree City
Heterosexual
Rocket Employee
Grunt
175 CM height
175 CM height
awards
378 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gerald
Gerald Kaiser
POSTED ON Feb 11, 2024 10:41:01 GMT
Gerald Kaiser Avatar
Gerald tensed for a moment. The sharp tone is all too familiar to him, though not by any fault of Jayden’s. He reminded himself that the source of that tension was long dealt with by his own hand.

His thoughts moved to the question posed. And for a moment he was silent. Pondering whether he should be straight forward or try to go about it the way a salesman skirted past the defenses of an unwilling customer.

He decided against the latter, knowing well that he didn’t have the brains to skirt around Jayden’s defense. “I want to be a part of SPECTRA.” He stated matter of factly. He hoped what little success he had had during Trinity Trials would be enough to convince Jayden to at least let him get a foot in. But remembering the evaluations gave birth to doubt.

MADE BY MIZO
[googlefont=Raleway]
close tab

played by

milky

jayden
he/him
december 25
ballonlea, galar
bisexual
wyndon ceo
admin
awards
4,144 posts
jayden cross DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @jayden
jayden cross
POSTED ON Feb 11, 2024 14:37:49 GMT
jayden cross Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","dejavu"]
[attr="class","top"]

ah. SPECTRA.

[break][break] so that was why.

[break][break] "you and everyone else," he said with a nod, though it wasn't a judgement of his character. recently, for some reason, there had been an uptick in the amount of grunts who had come to his office, requesting admission to the exclusive program. it wasn't surprising, however, considering that the trinity trials had not been that long ago.

[break][break] the thought of them sent a reminder of and that made his express sour for a moment, the room growing briefly frigid, before he blinked and then the feeling vanished.

[break][break] "alright. let's have it. why do you think you are suitable for admission?"

[break][break] he stared blankly.

[break][break] "what makes you better suited than the rest of your class?"

[break]

[attr="class","symbol"]

[attr="class","tag"]
[break]
spectra assessment i

MILKY

close tab

played by

Senpai

He/Him
January 01
Fortree City
Heterosexual
Rocket Employee
Grunt
175 CM height
175 CM height
awards
378 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gerald
Gerald Kaiser
POSTED ON Feb 18, 2024 8:37:32 GMT
Gerald Kaiser Avatar
Gerald stiffened as he felt the room grow frigid. For a moment he wondered if he had overstepped his boundaries. But then he pushed the thought aside. If he had he wouldn’t be standing here still.

And when Jayden next offered him questions of suitability Gerald felt certain that there was a chance he could grab here.

“Well, I figured my track record would speak for itself.” Gerald began bluntly only to realize then and there that Jayden probably didn't know what he had been up to besides office duty.

“First of all, though my evaluations during the Trinity Trials weren’t the best, my team did manage to succeed in the mission and my skills have only improved since.” He paused trying to gauge Jayden’s reaction so far.

“Besides that, I’ve been a part of several successful expeditions into the rifts, where I have managed to capture a few Ultra Beasts.” He listed off the things he had been doing with his best attempt at a sales pitch. "And I have also been a part of some large scale operations, most recently the one at the Ancient Tomb." He couldn't remember the official designation for that mission right now.

MADE BY MIZO
[googlefont=Raleway]
close tab

played by

milky

jayden
he/him
december 25
ballonlea, galar
bisexual
wyndon ceo
admin
awards
4,144 posts
jayden cross DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @jayden
jayden cross
POSTED ON Feb 22, 2024 6:44:35 GMT
jayden cross Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","dejavu"]
[attr="class","top"]

"I'm aware."

[break][break] From anyone else, Jayden's comment regarding the TRINITY TRIALS may have appeared a bit dry. However given that it was Jayden saying it, it was merely truthful. Honest. Though he had not been the one to review his previous recruitee, the admin had thouroughly read the reports of , and .

[break][break] "You are strong, that much is true, Gerald." He pushed aside some paperwork this time, giving the other man his full attention. "I wouldn't have recruited you into Rocket if I didn't that true."

[break][break] Jayden hadn't known it then, not exactly, but he'd seen him for who he was, outside that burning building. The potential that brewed.

[break][break] "But the chief complaint during your examination was the fact that you - or your team members - failed to work together. You can be strong on your own, but being part of SPECTRA means that you will still need to work in a group."

[break][break] "So, tell me. Why do you want to work in a group?"

[break][break] "What's changed?"

[break]

[attr="class","symbol"]

[attr="class","tag"]
[break]
spectra assessment i

MILKY

close tab

played by

Senpai

He/Him
January 01
Fortree City
Heterosexual
Rocket Employee
Grunt
175 CM height
175 CM height
awards
378 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gerald
Gerald Kaiser
POSTED ON Mar 30, 2024 16:43:05 GMT
Gerald Kaiser Avatar
Jayden attacked head on with his question. There were no two ways around it.

This was a difficult question to answer. And so he took all the moments he needed to formulate it properly.

What changed is that I realized that I need to be indispensable for Team Rocket so it won’t get any funny ideas, even if that means working with others or climbing the ladder. Of course the words in his mind would not be released into the room.

“What changed is that I have realized that if I want to be able to keep repaying Team Rocket for what they’ve done for me, I have to be able to work with others.”

He hoped this would be enough reason for Jayden.

MADE BY MIZO
[googlefont=Raleway]
close tab

played by

milky

jayden
he/him
december 25
ballonlea, galar
bisexual
wyndon ceo
admin
awards
4,144 posts
jayden cross DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @jayden
jayden cross
POSTED ON Apr 17, 2024 5:52:23 GMT
jayden cross Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","dejavu"]
[attr="class","top"]

There were many reasons why people joined Rocket. Some for power, others for prestige, some for money. And maybe all of these things were true for .

[break][break] But as someone who had recruited him into the claws of the organization, Jayden knew of the other's desires better than most.

[break][break] "That's a start," he said, head tilted to the side. "But now what makes you different from the man who participated in the trials?"

[break][break] "SPECTRA is not a test experiment."

[break][break] "It's a privilege for specialized individuals to showcase their talents."

[break][break] "Have you been successful in working in a group since then, Kaiser?"

[break]

[attr="class","symbol"]

[attr="class","tag"]
[break]
spectra assessment i

MILKY

close tab

played by

Senpai

He/Him
January 01
Fortree City
Heterosexual
Rocket Employee
Grunt
175 CM height
175 CM height
awards
378 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gerald
Gerald Kaiser
POSTED ON Apr 29, 2024 17:57:31 GMT
Gerald Kaiser Avatar
The time wasted as a paper pusher was revealing itself as a chain around his ankle, an anchor holding him back.

Jayden wanted proof of mettle, but Gerald had nothing to show except what he had already told. If that wasn’t enough…

There had to be a way around it.

“Combat wise? No, I have no recent work in that regard.” Which was one of the things that had pushed him to come here today. And yet he figured this was an answer Jayden wouldn’t accept, and so with perhaps a bit too much desperation in his voice he continued.

“But if you need me to prove myself, I will do it, any test, just say the word.”

MADE BY MIZO
[googlefont=Raleway]
WRITE REPLY

QUICK REPLY

it's a long life full of long nights