November 4th
Slateport City
Heterosexual
Delivery Driver
Grunt
Single
0 height
0 height
I have begun to plant thee, and will labour to make thee full of growing.
awards
24 posts
part of
TAG WITH @harveyduncan
Harvey Duncan
[m] deliver the man
POSTED ON Dec 19, 2023 23:22:29 GMT
Harvey Duncan Avatar
"Son of a—"

Harvey took his eyes away from the sight of the shredded tire, pinching the bridge of his nose with one hand and placing the other on his hip. Of all the days and all the times to run over a neglected scrap of metal, it had to be the day he was making a delivery to a strangely distant house in the middle of Route 121. Fortunately, it was his last delivery of the day, but he was still only halfway through Route 120. Not only that, but the delivery truck was mysteriously missing its spare tire. Harvey sighed as he realized his early-off day would soon become the longest day of his delivering career.

Harvey made his way to the back of the truck. He hopped inside and picked up the package, a thankfully small parcel that weighed almost nothing. He then leaped back out of the truck and walked around to take a final glance at the cursed scene. He sighed.

"This fucking sucks."
close tab

played by

raikourider

She/Her
March 18
Ecruteak City
Straight
Expeditionary
Rustboro Captain
Single; Not Looking
5'4" height
5'4" height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
3,401 posts
part of
TAG WITH @shalinnariya
Shalin Nariya
[m] deliver the man
POSTED ON Dec 20, 2023 23:22:35 GMT
Shalin Nariya Avatar
With the colder weather, much of the dense foliage had fallen away, giving Shalin and her flitting, zipping Shiny Beedrill a great view of the wooded road between Fortree and Lilycove. On one of the rural roads was a delivery truck with its lights flashing. Thankfully for , the Rustboro Captain was on duty. "Come on, Queen Zing, let's see what's going on down there." With a firm downward push on the venomous insect's carapace, the wasp descended, perhaps startling the driver from how loud her wings were.

The sight of a Beedrill the size of a small equine may have spooked him, as well, though the predator's demeanor was friendly as ever. Once the giant wings were silent and at rest, Shalin removed her earplugs and called out to the driver. "Everything okay there?" she greeted the distressed-looking man.

{PC: 1}

NAME          SPECIES        STATUS
Queen Zing    Beedrill**     Good
close tab

played by

Koumori

Harv
He/Him
November 4th
Slateport City
Heterosexual
Delivery Driver
Grunt
Single
0 height
0 height
awards
24 posts
part of
TAG WITH @harveyduncan
Harvey Duncan
[m] deliver the man
POSTED ON Dec 27, 2023 22:27:00 GMT
Harvey Duncan Avatar
Harvey heard the approaching Beedrill and spun around. He watched with wide eyes as the green-haired stranger landed the abnormally large Pokemon. He gawked at its size for a moment before hearing the rider's inquiry, a pool of hopeful relief simmering in his chest.

"Flat tire. Supposed to deliver this last package. Looks like I'll be walking," Harvey sighed. "Name's Harvey, by the way. You a Ranger?"

He glanced at the woman's Beedrill once again, wondering if it would be at all acceptable to ask her to deliver the package for him.
close tab

played by

raikourider

She/Her
March 18
Ecruteak City
Straight
Expeditionary
Rustboro Captain
Single; Not Looking
5'4" height
5'4" height
awards
3,401 posts
part of
TAG WITH @shalinnariya
Shalin Nariya
[m] deliver the man
POSTED ON Dec 30, 2023 6:04:15 GMT
Shalin Nariya Avatar
When Shalin heard it was a flat tire keeping Harvey from finishing his delivery, she smiled toward him. "Simple enough problem to fix! I'm sure some new Ranger would be happy their first mission is as simple as putting on a spare tire." Queen Zing waved the flat of one of her foreleg stings to greet the man. "I am! Captain Shalin Nariya of Rustboro," she introduced herself when asked.

As Queen Zing fluttered her wings just beneath the threshold of human hearing to stretch them, Shalin lightly tugged back on the wasp's reins to get her to stop. "How time sensitive is the delivery, and where you headed? If we're headed close, I might be able to give you a lift."

{WC: 122}
{PC: 2}

close tab

played by

Koumori

Harv
He/Him
November 4th
Slateport City
Heterosexual
Delivery Driver
Grunt
Single
0 height
0 height
awards
24 posts
part of
TAG WITH @harveyduncan
Harvey Duncan
[m] deliver the man
POSTED ON Jan 3, 2024 3:29:03 GMT
Harvey Duncan Avatar
"Pleasure to meet you, Captain." He nodded curtly before casually waving back at the Beedrill. A playful smirk flashed across his face before his mind returned to the situation at hand.

"But the truck didn't come with a spare tire. Real lucky." He scoffed. He placed a hand on his hip as he watched Shalin's interaction with her Pokémon. As she mentioned giving him a lift, Harvey tightened his fingers on his hip bone. The images her offer conjured in his mind knocked fast on his heart.

"I need—I need to get to some cabin in the woods in Route 121." He stumbled as his eyes devoured the sight of the Beedrill's hefty wings, suddenly aware of how solid the ground felt beneath his feet. He fumbled over a potential response to her offer, scrambling for a scrap of hope.

"Your Beedrill couldn't hold us both...?" He said, almost prayer-like.
close tab

played by

raikourider

She/Her
March 18
Ecruteak City
Straight
Expeditionary
Rustboro Captain
Single; Not Looking
5'4" height
5'4" height
awards
3,401 posts
part of
TAG WITH @shalinnariya
Shalin Nariya
[m] deliver the man
POSTED ON Jan 3, 2024 6:29:30 GMT
Shalin Nariya Avatar
The truck didn't come with a spare tire? That seemed folly; every delivery driver carried one or two spares underneath their truck bed. Perhaps they just didn't replace it the last time they had a flat? Either way, that would not be an issue. "Not a problem. I'll just have to take a photo of one of your good tires and attach it to the ticket," she replied before sliding off Queen Zing's back and doing so, Harvey able to get a clear look at the saddle the wasp wore -- and the BEEDRILLITE embedded in front.

Once she was done, she listened to the rest of Harvey's story. Route 121 was not far. It would be an easy flight; the challenge would be locating the cabin from the air if Harvey didn't have exact GPS coordinates of his destination. She grinned when Harvey brought up that Queen Zing likely couldn't carry them both. "That's not an issue either! While she can't carry us both, I have another Pokémon." Clicking the switch on a second Poké Ball, another giant bug landed in front of both the trainers. This one was a Yanmega that also wore saddle and bridle. Was Shalin just the queen of unorthodox ride Pokémon?

"These two are Queen Zing and Flit," she introduced the two gentle giants, their compound eyes flickering like human eyes would blink. "We can fly to that cabin together! Have you flown on a Pokémon before?" she asked. If Harvey hadn't before, then her bug-types would have quite the learning curve...

{WC: 260}
{PC: 3}

Flit          Yanmega        Good
close tab

played by

Koumori

Harv
He/Him
November 4th
Slateport City
Heterosexual
Delivery Driver
Grunt
Single
0 height
0 height
awards
24 posts
part of
TAG WITH @harveyduncan
Harvey Duncan
[m] deliver the man
POSTED ON Jan 24, 2024 3:55:34 GMT
Harvey Duncan Avatar
Harvey's gaze burst wide open upon seeing the second Pokémon, its red eyes meeting his. He couldn't believe what was happening. Him ride that?

"No, I haven't," He replied, scanning the Yanmega's giant wings. He imagined himself sitting between them, watching as the world beneath him became smaller, and smaller, and smaller. He imagined the technical issues, the gusts of wind, the miscalculations, the endless possible ways things could go wrong. He then imagined the results: the slipping, the falling, the falling, the falling, down, down, down, until—

"Maybe I should stay here." He stated firmly. "Keep an eye on the truck."
close tab

played by

raikourider

She/Her
March 18
Ecruteak City
Straight
Expeditionary
Rustboro Captain
Single; Not Looking
5'4" height
5'4" height
awards
3,401 posts
part of
TAG WITH @shalinnariya
Shalin Nariya
[m] deliver the man
POSTED ON Jan 26, 2024 6:19:39 GMT
Shalin Nariya Avatar
Harvey's expression told Shalin all she needed to know about how he felt. The apprehension was completely understandable; there were a lot of valid concerns about sitting in a bug Pokémon's saddle. Flying insect Pokémon were incredibly agile, able to zip around and turn on a PD. It was incredible watching them in action, perhaps even dizzying.

When Harvey stated he would keep an eye on the truck instead, Shalin asked him, "But who's gonna deliver your package for you? Isn't it time sensitive? If you're worried about flying, I can do my best to give you a crash course. Can't promise it'll be as good as if you went to 's Gym to learn, but I'll try to make it easy!"

{WC: 124}
{PC: 4}

close tab

played by

Koumori

Harv
He/Him
November 4th
Slateport City
Heterosexual
Delivery Driver
Grunt
Single
0 height
0 height
awards
24 posts
part of
TAG WITH @harveyduncan
Harvey Duncan
[m] deliver the man
POSTED ON Mar 9, 2024 5:18:53 GMT
Harvey Duncan Avatar
'I was gonna ask you to deliver it.' Harvey thought. He glanced at Shalin, the pair of gigantic Pokémon beside her, then Shalin again. He was amazed at how casually she played off the apparent risk of the situation, treating it like some sort of game. Granted, she was definitely capable, as she had flown in on her Beedrill with clear skill. Whether or not she could teach him how to fly was another story, though—one that he was hesitant to trust her, or himself, with.

Still, something about her seemed so gentle and so innocent. Harvey felt like an ass just thinking about saying no to her. He cursed himself out in his mind before letting out a defeated sigh.

"Sure—sure. Yeah. Show me." He grumbled. He took two steps toward the Yanmega before hesitating into a stop.

"But there's no big rush. So...take it slow." His voice began to rattle from his pounding heart.
close tab

played by

raikourider

She/Her
March 18
Ecruteak City
Straight
Expeditionary
Rustboro Captain
Single; Not Looking
5'4" height
5'4" height
awards
3,401 posts
part of
TAG WITH @shalinnariya
Shalin Nariya
[m] deliver the man
POSTED ON Mar 12, 2024 18:30:16 GMT
Shalin Nariya Avatar
"Of course!" Shalin chirped back. "I'll try to make sure you understand how to control Flit before we actually get into the air." With that, the girl swung aboard Queen Zing, the giant insect still after a gentle pat on the back of the head. "Have you ever flown anything before, like a remote-controlled plane, or even in a video game? If you have, you'll find it easier to learn." She grabbed her Beedrill's reins and held them in a neutral position. "Hold Flit's reins like this, then pull on them to make him fly in that direction. Think of it like tilting his head around and pointing his nose where you want to go."

Once they had gone through some practice motions, Shalin would get to the other half. "For controlling his speed, you do that with your legs. If you squeeze his sides tighter, he'll go faster. If you loosen your hold on his sides, he'll slow down. Think you can handle it?"

{PC: 5}

WRITE REPLY

QUICK REPLY

it's a long life full of long nights