Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
Bury me in the roses and rot; I'll come back thorned.
awards
4,742 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
DUALITY
POSTED ON Mar 10, 2024 23:01:36 GMT
Elisabeth Fiorelli Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minimal elisa2"]
[attr="class","top"]

"You think we get the luxury of choice?"[break][break]

Elisabeth's eyebrows rose up in apparent surprise, before a bitter laugh escaped her lips.[break][break]

That might have been the most amusing thing that had said all day.[break][break]

"What a golden apple of discord you've tempted me with, Sato. Don't you realize my deities can listen in, even now?"[break][break]

Of anyone in Rocket, the Visionary had to be the most aware of how intrusive the presence of the Divine could be. Her Unown were an army of eyes, constantly scouring every aspect of reality for knowledge. Perhaps Nomi believed her patrons to be an impartial, objective party in the affairs of mortals, but Elisabeth knew better.[break][break]

Wo-chien and Tapu Fini had clear designs on the humans they preyed upon.[break][break]

"Gods aren't much interested in listening to what we want, in my experience," she continued, handing the report back to the Head Scientist. "But to speak truly, I'd say I don't know enough of either god's perspective to make the informed decision."[break][break]

She understood Wo-chien's inherent nature. She had a better idea of what aspects of herself to protect against succumbing to its Ruinous influence, even as she knew its presence was a corrosive and corruptive thing. It could be tempted by the grudges of others, certainly, but it had a possessive desire to latch onto her. It would be loyal, more or less, and it would value her, if only in the way a hammer valued a nail.[break][break]

Tapu Fini was less exhausting to bear witness to. The Guardian wove in and out of Elisabeth's life with all the subtlety of a breeze teasing water: barely visible, but unmistakably present. Her psyche remained more intact and the deity's presence soothed her more than it frightened, but she didn't understand it. She didn't know why Tapu Fini had chosen her, almost an entire year after the fact. Or why it remained obsessed with its previous Avatar.[break][break]

Which left an unanswerable question: Was it better for Elisabeth to trust the devil she knew, or the devil she didn't?[break][break]

"I could ask you the same. If you could change patrons, would you?" Elisabeth tilted her head at the pink-haired woman, wondering. "Several Unown betrayed their last master for you, if I'm not mistaken. Doesn't it occur to you they might betray you, as well?"

[attr="class","ooc"][break][break]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","milkycredit"] [attr="class","fas fa-cookie-bite"]

[newclass=".elisa2"] --accent:#db7093!important; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal"]--accent:#db7093; position:relative; z-index:1; overflow:hidden; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:30px 50px; letter-spacing:0.2px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote img"]margin:1px 15px 12px 1px; border-radius:10px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote b, .minimal blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) } .minimal blockquote b { font-size:14px!important } .minimal blockquote u { font-style:italic; color:var(--accent); text-decoration:underline dotted; border-bottom:none; letter-spacing:1px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:430px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .ooc"]border-top:1px solid #222; padding-top:15px; text-align:center; margin-top:15px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .ooc a"]font:bold 15px 'Poppins';[/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .pkmn"] text-align:center;[/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .pkmn img"] background:none; border-radius: 0px; box-shadow:none; border:0px; float:none; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .milkycredit"]font-size:15px; position:absolute; z-index:99; right:95px; bottom:5px; border-radius:100px; color:var(--accent); opacity:0.6; } .minimal .milkycredit a { transition:0.5s all } .minimal .milkycredit a:hover { transition:0.5s all; color:var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

nellethiel

Nomi; The Visionary
She/Her
November 9
Ecruteak, Johto
Bisexual
Prophetess
Head Scientist
I cannot conceive of a universe
without you in it
5'2" / 157 cm height
5'2" / 157 cm height
Curiosity is one of the great secrets of happiness.
awards
1,597 posts
Naomi Sato DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @nomi
Naomi Sato
DUALITY
POSTED ON Apr 8, 2024 14:17:17 GMT
Naomi Sato Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","nomitest8"]
[attr="class","body"]

Nomi's cheeks reddened slightly as barked out a harsh laugh, acidic in its mockery, made all the more biting because it wasn't necessarily unwarranted.[break][break]
Nomi did know a great deal about the ways Gods could monitor humanity - not just their actions, but their thoughts and feelings. But Tapu Fini and Wo-Chien had abandoned Elisabeth, to varying degrees, in recent history: so were they always paying close attention, like a flock of Fearow circling their prey? No legendary Pokemon was omniscient save perhaps Arceus itself, and Nomi had doubts about that as well - considering all of the DRK Triad's cryptic warnings about being perceived by it.[break][break]
Elisabeth's answer came and went like a leaf on the wind, inconsequential, equal parts deflection and honest uncertainty. As she folded in on herself, however, clearly contemplating the weight of such a choice, it almost softened her - almost reminded Nomi of the woman she used to be, before the crushing weight of Wo-Chien's ruination had seized her around the throat.[break][break]
But then she turned the blade back on Nomi, and pierced deep.[break][break]
"They won't betray me," she answered firmly, her faith steadfast, with little room for doubt. "I offered them something the DRK Triad will never be able to give, and I did so sincerely."[break][break]
Crimson met emerald, and Nomi did not back down from Elisabeth's scrutiny.[break][break]
"But I will entertain your question, as is fair, considering I asked it of you." Kallistatus remained still, watching Elisabeth as if it were an extension of Nomi's own consciousness - which, in many ways, it was.[break][break]
"As you said yourself, information would be needed in order to make such a choice. I would need to know who else was vying for my attention - my loyalty - and why. I would weigh the pros and cons of both bonds, and decide what made the most sense - what would be the more mutually beneficial agreement."[break][break]
It was a scientific answer: one she knew would not offend the Unown. All the same, she glanced at Kallistatus, and because she was the one that loved them and not Holo, she added - [break][break]
"But right now? I am content, Underboss. The Unown are like family to me. So no, I would not trade them."

TAGS[break]
NOTES – Social | Outfit

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]

[newclass=".nomitest8"]--accent:#f798d6;font:13px Roboto;[/newclass]
[newclass=".nomitest8 b"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".nomitest8 i"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".nomitest8 u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".nomitest8 a"]font:13px Roboto;color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".nomitest8 h1"]font:16px Roboto;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=".nomitest8 h2"]font:14px Roboto;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=".nomitest8 .body"]background-image:url("https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png");background-position:bottom;background-repeat:no-repeat;text-align:justify;[/newclass]
[newclass=".nomitest8 .pkmn img"]margin:-10px -7px 0px -7px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".nomitest8 .credit"]font-size:13px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Scarlet

Lisa Bortiforte
She/Her
August 30
Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
Bury me in the roses and rot; I'll come back thorned.
awards
4,742 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
DUALITY
POSTED ON Apr 8, 2024 17:22:13 GMT
Elisabeth Fiorelli Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minimal elisa2"]
[attr="class","top"]

"You can't know that though, Sato. Not definitively."[break][break]

This time, no venom coated the underboss's words. She radiated a quiet confidence possessed of complete surety as she regarded the other woman with a pitying look -- one that understood a fundamental truth which Nomi couldn't seem to grasp, either from inexperience or ignorance.[break][break]

A gentle hand alighted on the scientist's shoulder, squeezing it in a wholly unexpected gesture of tenderness. It echoed at some latent maternal instinct buried deep within the Ruinous Avatar, some petal-strewn softness hidden beneath a thicket of briars and thorns.[break][break]

"The things you give to them now, that the Unown find so novel about you, will become ordinary to them over time. Those gifts will lose value, and by extension, so will you."[break][break]

Elisabeth felt infinitely older than Nomi in this moment, as if all the lifetimes she'd witnessed proved this reality beyond the shadow of a doubt.[break][break]

"Never let yourself be complacent," the underboss confided, dipping her head low to whisper in her ear. "Not with gods, and not with anyone. Trust, when given too freely and too blindly, is a temptation precious few can resist abusing."[break][break]

A soft chuckle, bitter in its humor, followed that cynical counsel.[break][break]

"Especially family."[break][break]

Faint notes of lily-of-the-valley and honeysuckle perfume drifted from Elisabeth as she pulled away, a subdued expression leaving the ghost of a smile on her lips.[break][break]

"But I observe I've taken a great deal of your time. Shall I leave you to your experiments?"

[attr="class","ooc"][break][break]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","milkycredit"] [attr="class","fas fa-cookie-bite"]

[newclass=".elisa2"] --accent:#db7093!important; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal"]--accent:#db7093; position:relative; z-index:1; overflow:hidden; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:30px 50px; letter-spacing:0.2px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote img"]margin:1px 15px 12px 1px; border-radius:10px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote b, .minimal blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) } .minimal blockquote b { font-size:14px!important } .minimal blockquote u { font-style:italic; color:var(--accent); text-decoration:underline dotted; border-bottom:none; letter-spacing:1px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:430px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .ooc"]border-top:1px solid #222; padding-top:15px; text-align:center; margin-top:15px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .ooc a"]font:bold 15px 'Poppins';[/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .pkmn"] text-align:center;[/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .pkmn img"] background:none; border-radius: 0px; box-shadow:none; border:0px; float:none; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .milkycredit"]font-size:15px; position:absolute; z-index:99; right:95px; bottom:5px; border-radius:100px; color:var(--accent); opacity:0.6; } .minimal .milkycredit a { transition:0.5s all } .minimal .milkycredit a:hover { transition:0.5s all; color:var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

nellethiel

Nomi; The Visionary
She/Her
November 9
Ecruteak, Johto
Bisexual
Prophetess
Head Scientist
I cannot conceive of a universe
without you in it
5'2" / 157 cm height
5'2" / 157 cm height
Curiosity is one of the great secrets of happiness.
awards
1,597 posts
Naomi Sato DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @nomi
Naomi Sato
DUALITY
POSTED ON Apr 9, 2024 21:53:56 GMT
Naomi Sato Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","nomitest8"]
[attr="class","body"]

...will become ordinary to them over time...[break][break]
Nomi wanted to ask, in that moment, who had taken for granted - who had so profoundly rejected her - that she had come to believe such a sentiment. Is that really what will happen? Not just with the Unown, but with too? Was all that she loved destined to disappoint her, in the end?[break][break]
It was jarring to feel such ugly tragedy in the Underboss's words, in contrast to the tenderness by which she touched Nomi - like a mother to a daughter, almost. It was so unlike her, that Nomi wondered for a moment if she had conjured this version of Elisabeth via dream mist somehow, and that the real one had left her laboratory several minutes ago. But there had been no dream mist here, no Tera Energy, nothing to suggest this wasn't the actual Elisabeth.[break][break]
This is the real her, Nomi realized with a start, and for the first time, she felt the truth brush her skin with its own gentle caress: that nothing twisted had ever started out that way. Some rocks became gems when polished, others were always beautiful until cracked.[break][break]
"It's good advice," she murmured sincerely, wondering as to the nature of Elisabeth's own family - were they the ones that had taught her so harsh a lesson about trust? "I appreciate you looking out for me."[break][break]
She certainly did not have to, and they both knew it. Nomi decided, in that moment, that this might be the closest thing to real friendliness she would ever receive from Elisabeth.[break][break]
"I'll wrap up here, and send out a report to the rest of Rocket's leadership by day's end."[break][break]
She paused, running her thumb over one of the vials of blood. It was still warm.[break][break]
"Thank you, Elisabeth."

TAGS[break]
NOTES – Social | Outfit

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]

[newclass=".nomitest8"]--accent:#f798d6;font:13px Roboto;[/newclass]
[newclass=".nomitest8 b"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".nomitest8 i"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".nomitest8 u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".nomitest8 a"]font:13px Roboto;color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".nomitest8 h1"]font:16px Roboto;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=".nomitest8 h2"]font:14px Roboto;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=".nomitest8 .body"]background-image:url("https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png");background-position:bottom;background-repeat:no-repeat;text-align:justify;[/newclass]
[newclass=".nomitest8 .pkmn img"]margin:-10px -7px 0px -7px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".nomitest8 .credit"]font-size:13px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
40,863 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
DUALITY
POSTED ON Apr 11, 2024 3:03:13 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]THREAD COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS:
img
The Shula Region
Hogwarts AU
RPG Unlimited
MR
The Enroi Region
N:FB
Vyrehaven