part of
TAG WITH @dreva
Eva Morales
OVERTIME [FIT]
POSTED ON Dec 28, 2023 6:34:28 GMT
Eva Morales Avatar
[attr="class","eva"]
[attr="class","top"]
 ”Errmm,” Eva softly groaned, lifting her head off her desk and batting her sleepy eyes. Her brain worked slowly to catch up with her. The professor’s office was dimly lit and a little blanket was draped over her shoulders. She lifted her head from the crooked of her arm and slid the blanket to her lap. probably tucked her in before leaving.

It was late, which wasn’t unusual. She rubbed her eyes and sat up fully, giving her arms a little stretch before standing up. Time to actually sleep in her own bed. Eva collected a few belongings before locking her office up and heading for the exit . . .

Only to find that it had suddenly, and unexpectedly, dumped a surprising amount of snow, “What the . . .” she gaped at the pile of snow blocking the door and it was still coming down quite heavily, “You’ve got to be kidding,” the one time she actually wanted to go home.

“Ugh!” she grunted in frustration, letting her shoulders fall in defeat. There was no getting home tonight. She thought about heading back to her office but opted to wander the halls to see if anyone else had been working late and had now found themselves trapped in League HQ for the time being.

[attr="class","milkcredit"]MILKY
[newclass=".eva"]--accent:#298A08; position:relative; [/newclass] [newclass=".eva blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:40px 70px; [/newclass] [newclass=".eva blockquote b, .eva blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) [/newclass] [newclass=".eva .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:470px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #298A08; [/newclass] [newclass=.eva .milkcredit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:25px; right:41px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #222, 1px -1px 0 #222, -1px 1px 0 #222, 1px 1px 0 #222; text-transform:uppercase;font-weight:bold[/newclass] [newclass=.eva .milkcredit a]font-weight:bold; color:var(--accent)!important;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Ryan

He/Him
July 2
Dewford Town
Straight
Trainer
Cadet
5'9 height
5'9 height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
704 posts
Noel Parker DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @hellboyryan
Noel Parker
OVERTIME [FIT]
POSTED ON Dec 29, 2023 18:16:53 GMT
Noel Parker Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","mango leaguechar"]
[attr="class","inner"]

[attr="class","body"]

Paperwork was the bane of Noel's existence. Flipping through countless pages and signing in multiple places in each one bored him to no end. This was by far the worst part of his job, he didn't understand why all of this was so necessary. Couldn't he just sign one for them all and be done? Regardless, he spends hours in an open office all alone to finish the task. Time goes by and as soon as he finishes up, he stands up from his chair and stretches his arms and legs wide out in an attempt to wake them back up in tip-top shape. Taking a quick glance at the clock situated on the wall, more time had passed than he realized.[break][break]

Not wanting to spend anymore time here than he needed to, he packs his things up and proceeds towards the main exit. Passing by a young woman along the way, he gives off a warm smile and says, "Have a good night." He then saw what the issue was. An absurd amount of snow had blocked them off from exiting the premises. Snow so thick and piled up so high you couldn't see past it. With a groan of annoyance, he roughly slams his shoulder against the door to try and force his way through, but to no avail. After a few unsuccessful tries, he gives up and turns back to see the blonde lady watching his defeated battle.[break][break]

"Pretty bad luck isn't it? The one time I come here to get some work done and this happens. You wouldn't happen to know another way out of here would you Miss?"[break][break]

[attr="class","notes"]

[attr="class","milkycredit"] [attr="class","fas fa-cookie-bite"]

[attr="class","bottom"]

[newclass=".leaguechar"] --accent:#FFB546!important [/newclass]
[newclass=".mango"] --accent: #7C6678 } .mango b { color: var(--accent); font: bold 13px/12px 'Poppins'; } .mango a { font:bold 12px/9px 'Poppins'!important; } .mango { width: 400px; margin: 0px auto; position:relative; } .mango .inner { background-color: #272727; border-radius:4px 4px 0px 0px; font-family: roboto; color: #d4d4d4; font-size: 11px; letter-spacing: .5px; text-align: justify; padding-top: 20px; padding-bottom: 20px; line-height: 15px; padding: 30px; background: #272727; } .mango .body { border-radius:5px; padding: 40px; border: 1px solid var(--accent); background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; } .mango .bottom { background: var(--accent); min-height:25px; width:400px; margin:0px auto; text-align:center; background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; } .mango .bottom img { margin-top:-10px; margin-right:-10px; } .mango .notes { border-top:1px solid var(--accent); padding:10px 10px 0px 10px; margin:20px 30px -10px; text-align:center; [/newclass]

[newclass=".mango .milkycredit"]font-size:15px; position:absolute; z-index:99; right: 12px; bottom: 58px; border-radius:100px; color:#ddd; opacity:0.6; } .mango .milkycredit a { transition:0.5s all } .mango .milkycredit a:hover { transition:0.5s all; color:var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

BD

The Peacemaker
She / Her
January 25
Pallet Town, Kanto
Heterosexual...?
Veterinarian
Head Prof / Major
I HOPE
you dream of me
5'3'' height
5'3'' height
My legacy is in the lives I save
awards
3,744 posts
Eva Morales DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dreva
Eva Morales
OVERTIME [FIT]
POSTED ON Dec 31, 2023 5:49:46 GMT
Eva Morales Avatar
[attr="class","eva"]
[attr="class","top"]
 Eva’s mouth dropped to say something, but no words came out. Her emerald gaze just turned and followed Noel as he walked towards the lobby’s front doors. He’d find out soon enough.

Eva tempered an amused giggle that rose at his feeble attempt to free them from this place. She did little to hid the wide grin when he turned to address her, “Yeah, I already tried that,” plus some DELTA STREAM. The door wasn’t budging and she couldn’t get a pokemon out there to dig them out. Well, at least not from here.

“I imagine the other entrances are snowed in too. There’s not many overhangs protecting the doors,” something they should probably bring up with maintenance after this, “If we go upstairs, we could probably let a few pokemon out from the windows to dig us out,” that was the best plan she had.

“I’m Eva,” she stepped forward with an extended hand and a welcoming smile, “You got any better ideas, mister…~”

[newclass=".eva"]--accent:#298A08; position:relative; [/newclass] [newclass=".eva blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:40px 70px; [/newclass] [newclass=".eva blockquote b, .eva blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) [/newclass] [newclass=".eva .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:470px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #298A08; [/newclass] [newclass=.eva .milkcredit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:25px; right:41px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #222, 1px -1px 0 #222, -1px 1px 0 #222, 1px 1px 0 #222; text-transform:uppercase;font-weight:bold[/newclass] [newclass=.eva .milkcredit a]font-weight:bold; color:var(--accent)!important;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Ryan

He/Him
July 2
Dewford Town
Straight
Trainer
Cadet
5'9 height
5'9 height
awards
704 posts
Noel Parker DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @hellboyryan
Noel Parker
OVERTIME [FIT]
POSTED ON Jan 16, 2024 17:46:00 GMT
Noel Parker Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","inner"]

[attr="class","body"]

As if this night couldn't get any worse. Not only was the main entrance locked down, but so were the other ones more than likely. Not only that, the inside of the building was growing colder and colder by the second. Did the League not have any heating installed?[break][break]

He had completely forgot to introduce himself, while normally that would be the first order of business, the conundrum they were both in left his mind to wander about solutions rather than formalities. But when Eva speaks of a potential way out, his ears perk up, completely focused now at the task at hand.[break][break]

"Oh sorry, I'm Noel Parker. And that sounds like a good idea Eva. Hopefully we'll find better luck upstairs, there's no way this building wouldn't have a sure way out right?"[break][break]

Going across the hall to climb up the set of stairs, he'd take a look around the area to see that it was completely empty. Something quite odd, he thought the League would have more members working practically all day and all night in order to get things done, but perhaps today was a special day and he didn't get the memo. Either way, as the two of them reach the upper floor, to their surprise, every window also was blocked off by a pile of snow barring their exit. Noel slumps his shoulders and lets out a sigh in defeat.[break][break]

"You don't suppose they'd mind if we broke one right? They'd understand if we explained the situation to them... Right?"

[attr="class","notes"]

[attr="class","bottom"]

[newclass=".mango"] --accent: #7C6678 } .mango b { color: var(--accent); font: bold 13px/12px 'Poppins'; } .mango a { font:bold 12px/9px 'Poppins'!important; } .mango { width: 400px; margin: 0px auto; position:relative; } .mango .inner { background-color: #272727; border-radius:4px 4px 0px 0px; font-family: roboto; color: #d4d4d4; font-size: 11px; letter-spacing: .5px; text-align: justify; padding-top: 20px; padding-bottom: 20px; line-height: 15px; padding: 30px; background: #272727; } .mango .body { border-radius:5px; padding: 40px; border: 1px solid var(--accent); background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; } .mango .bottom { background: var(--accent); min-height:25px; width:400px; margin:0px auto; text-align:center; background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; } .mango .bottom img { margin-top:-10px; margin-right:-10px; } .mango .notes { border-top:1px solid var(--accent); padding:10px 10px 0px 10px; margin:20px 30px -10px; text-align:center; [/newclass]

[newclass=".mango .milkycredit"]font-size:15px; position:absolute; z-index:99; right: 12px; bottom: 58px; border-radius:100px; color:#ddd; opacity:0.6; } .mango .milkycredit a { transition:0.5s all } .mango .milkycredit a:hover { transition:0.5s all; color:var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

BD

The Peacemaker
She / Her
January 25
Pallet Town, Kanto
Heterosexual...?
Veterinarian
Head Prof / Major
I HOPE
you dream of me
5'3'' height
5'3'' height
awards
3,744 posts
Eva Morales DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dreva
Eva Morales
OVERTIME [FIT]
POSTED ON Feb 5, 2024 2:56:07 GMT
Eva Morales Avatar
[attr="class","eva"]
[attr="class","top"]
 “Nice to officially meet you, Noel!” for someone who was snowed into a building, the professor seemed quite chipper - so was the curse of Eva Morales. The League Headquarters was basically her second (maybe first) home so spending the night wouldn’t be that big of a deal. In fact, if she hadn’t run into Noel, she probably would have just walked back to her office and slept on the couch.

Eva bounced up the steps behind Noel as they explored their options. She mirrored his disappointment with a slow shake of her head. She raised a sleeve to wipe against the frosted glass, “Yep. Well, that happened fast. Must be one mean blizzard out there.”

There was only one place left to try, “We could try the roof but… I’m sure there’s a pile of snow in front of the roof’s door too,” The responsible part of her whispered that they should try that but . . . they were already on the office level so, “I know which window we can break,” she clapped and spun around, motioning for Noel to follow her.

close tab

played by

Ryan

He/Him
July 2
Dewford Town
Straight
Trainer
Cadet
5'9 height
5'9 height
awards
704 posts
Noel Parker DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @hellboyryan
Noel Parker
OVERTIME [FIT]
POSTED ON Feb 7, 2024 1:27:54 GMT
Noel Parker Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","inner"]

[attr="class","body"]

Now following behind Eva, Noel would wonder just how she came about this information. She seemed very nonchalant about destroying League property, so much that perhaps she's even done it before. Either way, she clearly knew the way out and he'd be a fool to not take the chance to leave immediately. [break][break]

"Uhh... And how exactly do you know that Eva? Something tells me this isn't the first time you've have to do this."[break][break]

Through seemingly endless hallways and infinite rooms, the pair walked on this gigantic floor that had Noel puzzling on how so much could fit in one building. With each cheery step she took, Noel couldn't help but be curious about just who this lady was. Her more than excited tone and demeanor was unlike any other person he had met in the League before.[break][break]

"I hope you don't mind me asking but, who are you exactly? Do you often find yourself in this situation?"

[attr="class","notes"]

[attr="class","bottom"]

close tab

played by

BD

The Peacemaker
She / Her
January 25
Pallet Town, Kanto
Heterosexual...?
Veterinarian
Head Prof / Major
I HOPE
you dream of me
5'3'' height
5'3'' height
awards
3,744 posts
Eva Morales DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dreva
Eva Morales
OVERTIME [FIT]
POSTED ON Feb 10, 2024 1:33:59 GMT
Eva Morales Avatar
[attr="class","eva"]
[attr="class","top"]
 The professor’s eyes follow a line to her side to briefly glance at Noel with a rather amused look, “Been snowed in so I have to break a window to get out?” she laughed lightly, “Pretty specific scenario.”

They turned a corner down another long, familiar hallway. It’s quiet, too quiet, all except the echo of their own footsteps, “Who am I?” she Chatot’s the question which bounces with the rhythm of their footsteps, “That’s a loaded question,” she commented with a small smile.

She’s Eva Morales, Head Professor, Rayquaza’s avatar, the Peacemaker. She’s a sister and friend. She’s an enemy to some.

Is that who she is or what she is?

She’s a woman with a foundation built on love and hope, an inspiration, a fighter, a martyr, selfless to her own detriment, a beacon of light in the ever growing dark world.

She wants to be so many things the world keeps denying her. Perhaps she’s just meant to be someone else.

“I’m just . . . Eva, I guess,” is what she decided on as she stopped suddenly in front of a door, “This is it,” she hovered over the locking mechanism and the door jerked open after a moment of manipulating it. On the other side of the door was a rather nondescript office. It’s plain, boring, clearly used but rather bland. It’s professional to a T.

“That window,” she pointed behind the desk. It’s a large, semi-circular window overlooking a courtyard with a sloping bank of snow that led right to it, “You got something that could blast through that?”

close tab

played by

Ryan

He/Him
July 2
Dewford Town
Straight
Trainer
Cadet
5'9 height
5'9 height
awards
704 posts
Noel Parker DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @hellboyryan
Noel Parker
OVERTIME [FIT]
POSTED ON Feb 12, 2024 16:52:39 GMT
Noel Parker Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","inner"]

[attr="class","body"]

Her blunt answer caused Noel to be somewhat suspicious. A hint of sadness which contrasted her bright attitude from earlier led him to the thought that she was most certainly hiding something. But he didn't want to pry any further. If she didn't want to give any more details then he would accept her for what she is. Right now she was just Eva, a friendly lady who was stuck with Noel right here and now. Maybe one day he'd learn more about her should she be willing to open up.[break][break]

They had finally arrived to their destination. All that was left was a giant window which stood in the way of their freedom from this labyrinth of a building. He looked all over the glass pane, trying to determine if there was just some way to simply have it open like a door, but much to his dismay, such a thing did not exist. There was only one way to get out now.[break][break]

"Yeah I've got just the thing. I just hope it doesn't cause too much of a mess."[break][break]

He summons his Milotic out of its ball, the snake-like Pokemon much too large for its surroundings as it crushes nearby desks and sends paper flying everywhere. A necessary sacrifice considering their predicament. It begins to charge up with energy forming around its mouth which then shoots out straight ahead. The Hyper Beam completely decimates the window, leaving nothing but a hole where it once stood. Perhaps too much power was used, not only had they created their escape, but the laser proved too large as most of the wall had disappeared as well.[break][break]

"Oops... Well... Hopefully they won't be too mad at me for that. Desperate times call for desperate measures after all."[break][break]

Stepping through first, he slides down the bank of snow but somehow tumbles along the way. His clothes become a mess of white glitter as he stands back up and shakes off most of it. He then turns back towards Eva and waves a hand to her.[break][break]

"Don't worry I'll catch you if you end up falling!"

[attr="class","notes"]

[attr="class","bottom"]

close tab

played by

BD

The Peacemaker
She / Her
January 25
Pallet Town, Kanto
Heterosexual...?
Veterinarian
Head Prof / Major
I HOPE
you dream of me
5'3'' height
5'3'' height
awards
3,744 posts
Eva Morales DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dreva
Eva Morales
OVERTIME [FIT]
POSTED ON Feb 25, 2024 0:39:34 GMT
Eva Morales Avatar
[attr="class","eva"]
[attr="class","top"]
 “You can always clean up a mess,” she replied, almost absentmindedly as she stood back, letting Noel take over and assess the window. It was a simple statement but held an implication that it meant more than the simplicity of it.

Eva inspected Noel as he inspected the window, only jumping back with the serpentine form of a Milotic crammed between them in the office. THe crunch of a desk and the scattering of paper made her frown ever so slightly. If there was anything in this office that would be missed, it was the desk. She was sure of it . . . because it was her office.

“Nothing that can’t be replaced,” she reminded herself out loud, though it was drowned out by the roar of the HYPER BEAM. The attack decimated nearly the entire wall along with the window. A large, nearly perfect hole let a rather chilling draft in that made the professor shiver.

“Nothing that can’t be replaced,” she repeated, this time louder for Noel to hear. She inched closer to the edge, smiling as he slid down the snowbank. Her brow quirked slightly at the offer to catch her if she falls. He really didn’t know who she was, huh? Eva Morales never fell. Well, not anymore. It was kind of him to offer, though. She entertained the idea and slid down the bank of snow with familiar clumsiness, accepting any help he offered when she stopped at the bottom, “Thank you, Noel.”

Eva dusted off the snow from her own wardrobe before unclipping a pokeball from her belt. A giant COALOSSAL crunched through the snow which melted rather quickly underneath them. Soon, there was a little pile of mud they had to slop through to get to the window, “We’ll patch it up for the time being.”

Coalossal created a number of STEALTH ROCKS that Eva gently nudged into place at a distance with the help of her DELTA STREAMS. The little cracks were sealed with a few well-placed TAR SHOTS.

Eva returned the pokemon and turned back to Noel, wrapping her jacket tighter around her, “I guess I could have gotten rid of all this,” she scrunched her nose vaguely motioning to the still falling snow, “Guess that wouldn’t have helped us though.”

close tab

played by

Ryan

He/Him
July 2
Dewford Town
Straight
Trainer
Cadet
5'9 height
5'9 height
awards
704 posts
Noel Parker DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @hellboyryan
Noel Parker
OVERTIME [FIT]
POSTED ON Mar 10, 2024 15:56:00 GMT
Noel Parker Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","inner"]

[attr="class","body"]

As the two of them were now set free, Noel could finally see the outside world in all its glory. Snow slowly fell from up above, which gently cover the surrounding area and onto his clothes, staining them with white flakes. Now with their newfound freedom, he stretches his arms and legs out, having been cooped up inside for far too long. [break][break]

He then watches as Eva and her Coalossal repair the broken window. Not wanting to let her do it alone, he assists her with the conjured up rocks that fit nice and snug into their new home. He wondered just where that sudden blast of air came from, almost as if Eva had willed it into being. Nonetheless, with the help of that coincidence, the two of them are able to more or less fix up the smashed surface.[break][break]

Unknowing of what exactly she meant, he assumes she was talking about her Coalossal having some sort of ability or move to clear up the weather. Yet he's glad she didn't, as the snowflakes makes for a soothing, calming atmosphere, one he's not used to. He puts his hands to his hips and looks up to the sky to admire the soft patches of white drifting through the air. A smile forming on his face.[break][break]

"You know... We don't get any snow where I'm from, Dewford. Usually its just the blazing heat and the hot sand underneath us that we're used to. Even though to some other people this might be a normal thing, but to me its one of the greatest things I've seen ever since I set out from there."[break][break]

Quickly he realizes the sappy story that had just spewed from his mouth. This person who he had just met more than likely wasn't expecting it and now he felt embarrassed. He waved his hand out in front of his face as if to dismiss everything he just said.[break][break]

"Sorry I didn't mean to just bring that out, my mind just started wandering for a moment."[break][break]

He lets out a nervous chuckle before noticing an exit just up ahead of them. Nodding in the direction of the door, he looks to his now escaped companion.[break][break]

"Looks like we can finally get out from over there. Time for us to make our prison break. It was nice meeting you though Eva. Here's hoping we meet again."[break][break]

He tries and shakes hand with the blonde woman before heading out towards the exit. Any longer inside and his mind might have just gone crazy. He was sure that the two of them would see each other again someday, quite often did he reconvene with other members of the League, especially at times when they're needed the most.

[attr="class","notes"]

[attr="class","bottom"]

WRITE REPLY

QUICK REPLY

it's a long life full of long nights