Yuina Higashi
It Glitters Like... Snow? [M]
POSTED ON Dec 31, 2023 1:18:16 GMT
Yuina Higashi Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","frann"]
[attr="class","franntag"]

[attr="class","frannmain"]

Needless to say, the way that the recent events within the region had affected Hoenn as a whole was... Unnerving to say the least. Of all of the places that were experiencing snow, and some for the first time ever, Yuina was hardly expecting to see snow within the Desert at the center of the region, and yet...[break]
She was bundled up for cold weather as she sat astride North's shoulders with Howard sat behind her, the large horse clomping through the snowy drifts of the Hoenn desert with ease. To see white across every surface where normally the sand banks were a hazy beige was unsettling...[break][break]
"If I didn't know the region any better, I would say this should be cause for concern," Yuina remarked, looking out at the vast white expanse, the desert covered in snow...[break]
"I hope the Pokemon here are okay," she wondered, surely they could dig, keep safe in the multiple caves and caverns that belonged to the desert. This abnormal weather couldn't last forever. And the abnormal weather was making it exceedingly difficult to find their destination as Howard had invited her out to a dig site, but now everything was marred with snow instead of the landmarks they should be looking for...[break][break]
"Are we still going the right way? Everything looks the same covered in snow," Yuina wondered, pulling back on North as the horse stomped and huffed with icy breaths, hoping that they were at least getting close to where they were supposed to end up.

notes[break]
Mission: Archeological Avalanche[break]

[attr="class","frannpoke"]

[newclass=.frann]margin: 0 auto; width: 420px; box-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #333333,-2px 2px 0px #333333,2px -2px 0px #333333,-2px -2px 0px #333333; border-radius: 5px;border: solid 1px #232323;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frann div.quote_body] margin: 10px -20px -25px -20px!important;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frannmain]border-radius: 5px 5px 0px 0px;background-color:#2b2b2b;padding:65px 35px 40px 35px;text-align:justify;font-size:10px;line-height:16px;letter-spacing:.5px;font-family:poppins;[/newclass]
[newclass=.franntag] text-align: right;font-weight: bold;position: absolute;padding: 10px 15px;border: solid 1px #232323;  border-top-color: rgb(35, 35, 35);  border-top-style: solid;  border-top-width: 1px;background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png);border-radius: 5px 5px 0px 0px;margin: 0px 0px 0px -1px;border-top: none;background-color: #272727;width: 390px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frann b] color: #00aeda; font-size: 11px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.frann i] color: #cecece; font-size: 11px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.frann u] text-decoration: none; text-transform:uppercase; color: #00aeda; font-size: 11px;font-family:Quattrocento Sans; letter-spacing: 2px; font-weight: bold; [/newclass]
[newclass=.frann a] text-transform:uppercase!important;font:bold 10px Quattrocento Sans!important;letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.frannpoke] background-color:#272727;height:60px;background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png);background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:center right;text-align:center;padding-bottom:15px;border-radius: 0px 0px 5px 5px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Magnetic

Admin Fox
He/Him
May 9th
Rustboro City
Bisexual
Archaeologist
Rocket Admin
The future will tempt you, the present will indulge you, but the past will shackle you.
awards
1,787 posts
part of
TAG WITH @magnetic
howard slayte
POSTED ON Jan 3, 2024 9:21:26 GMT
howard slayte Avatar
Howard liked horses. He also liked riding them.

Josh Devlin had taught Howard how to ride a Pokémon, which had been a boyhood dream of the archaeologist. It was embarrassing, frankly, to be incapable of riding a Pokémon while also having a cowboy hat and wardrobe that favored the outdoors. Sure, he had ridden the occasional Numel across the desert, but a Glastrier was entirely different.

Yet neither Howard or Yuina slipped off. He was proud of that fact. He barely shivered from the cold anymore. His weakness to cold had been burned away from constant exposure.

"It actually can snow in deserts, if you'll believe it. Kyogre's rainstorms has given Hoenn plenty of water, and water becomes snow in winter." Howard shrugged, breath frosting in the air. His scarf was sewn with patterns of Kabuto and Omanyte. "That's what the Weather Institute is saying, anyway. I wouldn't trust them. They're only good at catching Castforms."

There was a story there, yet whatever Howard's beef with the Weather Institute was, it would have to wait.

"The Trapinch are likely burrowed in the sand, and the Cacnea will have more water than they'll know what to do with. We're close." Howard checked his compass, then pointed.

"Go slightly south. Should be over that ridge."

close tab

played by

Eps

Ina, Yu, Yuyu
She/Her
Twenty-Five
February 21
Petalburg City
Pan
Curator/Hisuian Historian
Elite Ranger
I don't want
To imagine a past, that doesn't have you in its future
120 lbs. | 5'8" height
120 lbs. | 5'8" height
To truly know one's self, look back on the marks you've made in history
awards
1,234 posts
part of
TAG WITH @yuinahigashi
Yuina Higashi
POSTED ON Jan 10, 2024 2:16:19 GMT
Yuina Higashi Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","frann"]

It was almost blinding to look at, disorienting in a way, looking at nothing but pure white as far as the eye could see. Most of it looked fairly undisturbed, if the Pokemon were all buried and bundled up for the strange weather, there wasn't a lot of movement. Save only for North's tracks that the horse left in his clomping stomps behind them.[break][break]
"I take it weather patterns in a region where nothing happens the same way a given season, it's kind of hard to expect normal seasonal patterns," Yuina returned then, she wasn't sure what the weather institution had to do with this much, but really it sounded like they couldn't have been any more surprised by snow covering the desert than if there were heat waves coming through in the winter. It was a wonder there were still stable ecosystems in Hoenn.[break][break]
"Alright, North, let's go," Yuina huffed in a clouded breath, bidding the horse forward again. His breath heaved beneath their legs, his broad shoulders shifting in the direction Yuina gave him with a nudge of her feet.[break]
"What kind of archeological site is this Howard? Has there been a lot of excavations here already," Yuina wondered, she'd gladly taken the invitation as Howard had presented it. She'd been so engrossed in her studies and readings of Hisui, it was always refreshing to take a step back into a different kind of history.

notes[break]

[newclass=.frann]margin: 0 auto; width: 420px; box-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #333333,-2px 2px 0px #333333,2px -2px 0px #333333,-2px -2px 0px #333333; border-radius: 5px;border: solid 1px #232323;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frann div.quote_body] margin: 10px -20px -25px -20px!important;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frannmain]border-radius: 5px 5px 0px 0px;background-color:#2b2b2b;padding:65px 35px 40px 35px;text-align:justify;font-size:10px;line-height:16px;letter-spacing:.5px;font-family:poppins;[/newclass]
[newclass=.franntag] text-align: right;font-weight: bold;position: absolute;padding: 10px 15px;border: solid 1px #232323;  border-top-color: rgb(35, 35, 35);  border-top-style: solid;  border-top-width: 1px;background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png);border-radius: 5px 5px 0px 0px;margin: 0px 0px 0px -1px;border-top: none;background-color: #272727;width: 390px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frann b] color: #00aeda; font-size: 11px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.frann i] color: #cecece; font-size: 11px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.frann u] text-decoration: none; text-transform:uppercase; color: #00aeda; font-size: 11px;font-family:Quattrocento Sans; letter-spacing: 2px; font-weight: bold; [/newclass]
[newclass=.frann a] text-transform:uppercase!important;font:bold 10px Quattrocento Sans!important;letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.frannpoke] background-color:#272727;height:60px;background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png);background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:center right;text-align:center;padding-bottom:15px;border-radius: 0px 0px 5px 5px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Magnetic

Admin Fox
He/Him
May 9th
Rustboro City
Bisexual
Archaeologist
Rocket Admin
The future will tempt you, the present will indulge you, but the past will shackle you.
awards
1,787 posts
part of
TAG WITH @magnetic
howard slayte
POSTED ON Jan 20, 2024 8:05:27 GMT
howard slayte Avatar
"North? No, no. It's south." Howard looked at the horse and chuckled. "Ah, the Glastrier. Stupid of me."

When Yuina asked about the archaeological site, Howard frowned and averted his gaze. He actually knew about it from several Rocket grunts extracting rare bones from the area on his command. Under Howard's guidance, Rocket's ability to excavate, purchase, steal, and sell fossils and historical artifacts had grown immensely. Their wealth had grown as well.

Howard's time on the field had shrunk in exchange. His job left him behind a desk more than it left him on the field. That was what made moments like this so special.

"A few. This desert used to be an ocean, and fossils of Anorith and Lileep are plentiful as a result. There are also the remnants of an ancient ruin, holding a powerful Pokémon known as Regirock."

He said the words so casually for someone who had its fellow construct, Regice, unceremoniously stuffed in a freezer behind several crates of frozen food.

"I figured an extra bit of diversity would help you with your studies. If you get too focused on one form of study, you miss out on the benefit of others." Howard said as they reached a large pit, already half-dug. Snow was piled up around the edges, yet the excavation site was fresh.

"We're here." Howard said as he wiggled from side to side of the Glastrier, before looking at Yuina. "Erm... How do I get off without breaking my neck?"

Not as experienced with riding as he claimed.

close tab

played by

Eps

Ina, Yu, Yuyu
She/Her
Twenty-Five
February 21
Petalburg City
Pan
Elite Ranger
I don't want
120 lbs. | 5'8" height
120 lbs. | 5'8" height
awards
1,234 posts
part of
TAG WITH @yuinahigashi
Yuina Higashi
POSTED ON Jan 30, 2024 19:16:10 GMT
Yuina Higashi Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","frann"]

One historian to another, Howard shared Yuina's thoughts exactly. She had her focus, and he had his, but being able to share their fields of study with each other and more was only beneficial. After all, her wing in her musuem wasn't the only one there, and certainly not the only one that mattered. Yuina could never close herself off from other historical time periods, or beyond.[break][break]
"Fossils? How fun it would be, to find one myself, and not just see it already preserved and displayed. Of course, I can't imagine being able to make a brand new discovery," Yuina mused a bit, finding a fossil for herself and seeing what the excavation of such a find looked like, the process of identifying it, that was something Yuina was definitely excited about. She wasn't expecting to find something never before seen though.[break]
"How many different fossil species have been catalogued, that have been found in Hoenn," Yuina wondered as they came to a stop at Howard's word. She nudged North with her legs, and the horse came to a stop as he clomped in the deep snow with his giant hooves. Yuina nudged closer to his shoulder then, tapping with her foot, and the Glastrier bent his foreleg at the knee so that she could use it as a step down, hopping into the snow below.[break][break]
"Bring your other leg over first, and ease yourself down with your arms, then use his foot to guide yourself the rest of the way," Yuina nodded, shivering a bit as she huddled in on herself against the cold.[break][break]
"Is Regirock a fossil too? I've never heard of that species before?"

notes[break]

close tab

played by

Magnetic

Admin Fox
He/Him
May 9th
Rustboro City
Bisexual
Archaeologist
Rocket Admin
awards
1,787 posts
part of
TAG WITH @magnetic
howard slayte
POSTED ON Feb 4, 2024 11:00:20 GMT
howard slayte Avatar
"Not to worry, my pupil! One session with me, and you'll be extracting fossils like a pro." Howard grinned, oddly confident for a nervous wreck. If there were two things that Howard was good at, it was Varoom Kart 64 and fossil excavations. He hadn't gotten all those degrees for nothing. They had cost an arm and a leg, after all.

And an eye. Howard's missing eye twitched. The cold caused the nerves to ache.

"A new discovery is grand, but dealing with the editorial process is a nightmare. That paper I wrote on Doug? Reviewed by twelve people. I was questioned into the dirt. You want hell on earth? Forget Route 119, go to college instead."

Listening to Yuina's instructions, Howard scrambled off of North in a style that could only be described as a mixture of graceful and falling. Luckily, he didn't fall flat on his face, but he came very close. Glastrier was a pain to ride, despite being a horse. Howard needed to get more lessons from when he was in Mauville again.

When Yuina mentioned Regirock, Howard sighed and took a deep breath.

"A few years ago, there was a ruin here. A battle was fought over it for control of the treasure inside." Howard began, realizing how similar this must have seemed to the battle north of Dewford, where the League and Rocket battled over the Regice now in Howard's possession. "There was a Regirock inside the ruins, now Regirock..."

How did he describe this thing? Beast Quinn would call it a blessing from the earth, others would call it a living weapon, Howard described it as an artifact from a bygone era.

"It's a golem, sworn to defend the region. It's been missing for a while, but..." Howard heaved a sigh. If he any extra layers, he would've given them to the freezing Yuina. Instead, he had his hat. His helmet hair under the hat? Atrocious. It would've scared Boss Walsh to death. He sighed again.

"It's gone, now. Come on." Howard hopped down into the shallow quarry, which was filled with the shallow outlines of bones and fossils.

close tab

played by

Eps

Ina, Yu, Yuyu
She/Her
Twenty-Five
February 21
Petalburg City
Pan
Elite Ranger
I don't want
120 lbs. | 5'8" height
120 lbs. | 5'8" height
awards
1,234 posts
part of
TAG WITH @yuinahigashi
Yuina Higashi
POSTED ON Feb 4, 2024 18:55:48 GMT
Yuina Higashi Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","frann"]

As Howard worked his way down off of North and into the snow, Yuina mused still on the idea of having this little bit of experience, if it could translate into any of the work she was doing right now. If nothing else, it was just going to be another wellspring of historical knowledge that she could tap into, if it meant anything in a future endeavor.[break][break]
"Well, I do thank you for that, it was one less review process I had to go through for the pieces and exhibits I've been working since the information was already accredited. Sometimes it feels like higher ups just think we're making stuff up," Yuina empathized. Sure, she had a bit of... Was it even an 'unfair advantage'? When it came to knowledge about how Jubilife village was laid out and what kind of habits the people of the village had... But certainly there were facts and proof to back up everything.[break]
Howard didn't just make up Doug, he was a real living creature.[break][break]
Both of them now standing there ankle deep in the snow, Yuina returned North as Howard regailed her on a bit of the history of the area, about 'Regirock'. A golem, a being that intended to defend the region... What had happened that it was gone now?[break][break]
"Do you think there's clues, or information about what happened to it in this site," Yuina wondered, it sounded like something Howard was truly invested in, it wasn't just a story, the way he spoke of it... And if it was important to him, she wanted to help.[break]
Making their way into the quarry, Yuina took out another Pokeball that she had with her, one that she thought could be a bit useful, if they were intending to go underground.[break][break]
"You've helped me in my studies, the least I can do is return the favor. Whatever I can do," Yuina offered, releasing Lumei the Illumina Flareon. His shimmering blue fur should prove quite useful as they ventured further into the ground, giving them guidance to light the way.

notes[break]

close tab

played by

Magnetic

Admin Fox
He/Him
May 9th
Rustboro City
Bisexual
Archaeologist
Rocket Admin
awards
1,787 posts
part of
TAG WITH @magnetic
howard slayte
POSTED ON Mar 18, 2024 19:40:41 GMT
howard slayte Avatar
"You humble me, Yuina. I just care a lot about the past."

That was all it was. A passion for what had happened prior. It was a beautiful topic, because history was set in stone. It could not be changed. There could be revelations, but nothing would change the fact that the past was the past. It was the sole domain in which there was a set amount of knowledge to accumulate.

Hisui. Hoenn. Sinnoh. They were just individual threads that made up the world's rich tapestry. One day, Howard Slayte would see it all.

"Maybe. Maybe not." When the subject of Regirock came up, all Howard could do was smile and shrug. "If we knew, it'd defeat the point of archaeology. It's about the discovery, Yuina. The discovery!"

Both Sapphire and Rocket had likely picked this place over, but it was possible. A desperate hope was a vain one, but it was nice to feel the warm feeling of potential blossoming in his chest.

Hope.

"Here. This Trapinch fossil is a good starter. They're common enough, so breaking once isn't a big deal." He pointed the fossil embedded in the wall to Yuina, before producing a small chisel. Despite him claiming that it wasn't a big deal, his voice betrayed his intentions. If she damaged this fossil, he'd likely whack her with his hat.

"Start on the edges."

close tab

played by

Eps

Ina, Yu, Yuyu
She/Her
Twenty-Five
February 21
Petalburg City
Pan
Elite Ranger
I don't want
120 lbs. | 5'8" height
120 lbs. | 5'8" height
awards
1,234 posts
part of
TAG WITH @yuinahigashi
Yuina Higashi
POSTED ON Mar 25, 2024 15:52:56 GMT
Yuina Higashi Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","frann"]

Leaving the crunching snow behind and stepping into the cavern that opened up, watching Lumei's glow illuminate things around them, Yuina looked to Howard at his musings regarding if there was any information to glean from the site.[break]
"How very philosophical of you Howard. How very 'it's not the destination, it's the journey along the way'," Yuina smiled. His views on what it meant to be a historian were rooted in the most base definition of the title, where it was easy for others to forget what they were doing it for.[break][break]
Moving through the open tunnel, Yuina followed Howard's mention as he pointed out a Trapinch fossil embedded in the wall. How quick he was to spot these things, a testament to his expertise in it all.[break]
"Okay, okay I think I see the outline of it," Yuina returned, taking up the chisel she was offered as she looked the fossil over carefully. She was very inclined to get this right, how exciting would it be to come away with a fossil that she procured from the cavern all on her own? She definitely didn't want to mess it up as she started to make careful chips into the rocky wall surrounding it.[break][break]
"Tell me more about Regirock? What kind of Pokemon is it? Is it the only one of its kind," Yuina wondered then as she worked carefully at the fossil, ever intrigued with the lore and history that Howard had to share. He let her go on about Hisuian history enough, he needed to be indulged in kind.

notes[break]

close tab

played by

Magnetic

Admin Fox
He/Him
May 9th
Rustboro City
Bisexual
Archaeologist
Rocket Admin
awards
1,787 posts
part of
TAG WITH @magnetic
howard slayte
POSTED ON Mar 25, 2024 17:49:50 GMT
howard slayte Avatar
Tell her about Regirock? Fuck, where did he begin?

There was that one time it killed a dozen trainers and who knew how many Pokémon, twice, as and were like to know from their superfun adventures into the Desert Ruins. There was that one time it broke into pieces, in which one piece was unceremoniously sitting in Adrian's locker.

"It's... a golem." He said warily as she chipped away at the stone. "Dangerous. Killed a lot of people and Pokémon, to my knowledge. They got sealed away, but now the seals have been breaking. Things are stirring."

He didn't dare utter a word about the Regice in his possession. Its shards, at least.

"There are a few others. We haven't seen them in forever, though. Careful, more to your right." He gently instructed her as he ruminated on Yuina's question for a few moments. "They're like..."

How did he equate this in Hisuian terms?

"They're like the ancient Pokemon that fought alongside Hisuians. Their bond was so strong that you didn't need a Pokeball. I'm proud that Regirock is from Hoenn. It's a proof."

close tab

played by

Eps

Ina, Yu, Yuyu
She/Her
Twenty-Five
February 21
Petalburg City
Pan
Elite Ranger
I don't want
120 lbs. | 5'8" height
120 lbs. | 5'8" height
awards
1,234 posts
part of
TAG WITH @yuinahigashi
Yuina Higashi
POSTED ON Apr 6, 2024 19:09:58 GMT
Yuina Higashi Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","frann"]

Yuina worked diligently and carefully as she tapped away at the surrounding rock, the form and shape of the fossil becoming more prominent with each chip she managed.[break]
Through her work, she listened carefully to Howard, he regaled her with what sounded like a legend lost, something that many likely didn't believe in or cared to understand. But it sounded real to him, and that was all that mattered.[break][break]
"Yes, that's right, the Noble Pokemon and their wardens," Yuina confirmed, they were charged with protecting their respective environments, but had no ties to each other save for their sworn promise and the bond that came from it.[break][break]
"So, these golems are ancient protectors or adversaries of Hoenn," Yuina asked though, Howard spoke of them in both ways, comparing them to the Noble Pokemon of Hisui, but also stating that they were sealed away, they were dangerous...[break]
She stopped her work though at one louder, more profound crack, holding still.[break][break]
"Lumei, come closer," Yuina bid the Flareon, his light moving closer to where she was working.[break]
"How do I know when it's ready to be removed? I'd hate to have it fall out from the rock," she breathed, she didn't dare move.

notes[break]

close tab

played by

Magnetic

Admin Fox
He/Him
May 9th
Rustboro City
Bisexual
Archaeologist
Rocket Admin
awards
1,787 posts
part of
TAG WITH @magnetic
howard slayte
POSTED ON Apr 6, 2024 20:59:04 GMT
howard slayte Avatar
"Let me see." The conversation of the golems was forgotten as Yuina got remarkably close to pulling the fossil from the stone. It was a jagged extraction, but an acceptable first try. "Yes, this is good."

He gave a nod of approval before fumbling with his belt. Instead, of using a tool, Howard pulled out a Pokeball that gleamed in Lumei's light.

A flash filled the cave as the Pokeball opened, and a Cradily emerged behind the archaeologist. He made a point to not have too many Pokemon out at a time, instead opting for one. A better trainer could command several, but Howard did not that talented. He simply had a bond, which was enough for Shirley.

There was a reason he elected to run and hide, rather than stand and fight.

"Flo, sandstone. Hardness of..." The admin frowned and tapped a rock. "...four. Pull it out."

Ingrained roots and tentacles crawled up the wall like a lichen, entering the cracks widened and carved by Yuina's excavation. Cracks widened and deepened as plant life filled the gaps left by the chisel. In the background, Howard whistled.

"The wonder of Pokémon, huh? Typically you leave small bits of stone to keep the fossil stuck to the wall, but it's an... acquired skill. You typically need a team of people to hoist the fossil up, then painstakingly chip it." Howard hung his head in embarrassment. "I could never afford a team of aides, so..."

He beamed at Yuina, his past embarrassment and cripplingly low funds a remnant of the past.

"...I taught my Pokémon to do it! They made great assistants, and I don't even have to pay them!"

Shameless.

close tab

played by

Eps

Ina, Yu, Yuyu
She/Her
Twenty-Five
February 21
Petalburg City
Pan
Elite Ranger
I don't want
120 lbs. | 5'8" height
120 lbs. | 5'8" height
awards
1,234 posts
part of
TAG WITH @yuinahigashi
Yuina Higashi
POSTED ON Apr 13, 2024 18:11:29 GMT
Yuina Higashi Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","frann"]

Slowly relinquishing her tools from the rocky wall as Howard's Pokemon began its work, Yuina marveled at his expertise, truly. It was one thing to be able to work with Pokemon for their own strengths, but to be able to work together to adapt them to other strengths... That was special.[break][break]
"Well it sounds like you're a good teach all around then. Now if only I could teach my Pokemon how to read historical texts and how to authenticate donation pieces," she mused, watching the roots fill in the gaps that she had created until the fossil had just about come out on its own. She reached out carefully after handing Howard his tools back, and was able to take up the fossil in her hands. How exciting it was...[break][break]
"Not bad for a junior archaeologist, huh?"

notes[break]

close tab

played by

Magnetic

Admin Fox
He/Him
May 9th
Rustboro City
Bisexual
Archaeologist
Rocket Admin
awards
1,787 posts
part of
TAG WITH @magnetic
howard slayte
POSTED ON Apr 18, 2024 21:25:35 GMT
howard slayte Avatar
"For Hisuian pieces, it's a little harder. Good luck teaching a Pokémon to read and verify." Once people taught Pokemon how to do that, Howard and Yuina would be out of a job. Luckily, Howard could always resort to crime. A tale as old as time. "There's a trick, though. Fit the situation to the Pokémon, not the other way around."

It was a fond statement of Howard's whenever he was out in the field, or sending out grunts for tasks. There was a tool for every task, and a task for every tool.

"I keep a Carbink to verify gems. Maybe you could teach that Arcanine of yours to sniff at artifacts to check if they smell like home. Paints, stones, clothing... They're all made distinctly in Hisui. The cops teach their Growlithes Odor Sleuth."

A skill he only knew, incidentally, from working with cops when he authenticated artifacts after police stings. Talented appraisers were hard to find.

As Yuina returned his tools, Howard clipped them to his belt. He gave a nod of approval.

"Good work. Wrap it carefully. I'll give you a box to store it in, which should keep it from cracking as you move." As he spoke, the archaeologist pulled out a small stainless steel box with suspension, to prevent the insides from trembling. "If you drop it, I'll kill you."

close tab

played by

Eps

Ina, Yu, Yuyu
She/Her
Twenty-Five
February 21
Petalburg City
Pan
Elite Ranger
I don't want
120 lbs. | 5'8" height
120 lbs. | 5'8" height
awards
1,234 posts
part of
TAG WITH @yuinahigashi
Yuina Higashi
POSTED ON Apr 22, 2024 23:56:37 GMT
Yuina Higashi Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","frann"]

Now that was a thought, wasn't it, having Kano use his keen senses to identify things that may have come from that far away place. Yuina almost smiled, in a way she herself was already the defacto artifact detector. There was a reason why her authentication process had a fairly flawless, perhaps a bit superfluous, track record thus far.[break][break]
"That's a great idea, your intuition knows no bounds it seems," Yuina returned, carefully holding the fossil now in both of her hands together, looking it over for herself. Her breath still came out in clouds from the freezing cold, but she was too enthralled with the idea of the extraction she'd just completed to pay much mind.[break][break]
Howard offered a specialty box of sorts, a way to store a fossil to keep it from rattling around. Ingenious it was, she wondered how big those boxes got though for the various sizes of a given specimen.[break]
Carefully she relinquished her prize to the steel box, glancing up to meet Howard's gaze.[break][break]
"I'm hurt Howard. This is just the same as an uncovered pottery piece. I would never," she smiled. She would offer the same sentiment, they both cared deeply about the tangible parts of their passions.

notes[break]

WRITE REPLY

QUICK REPLY

it's a long life full of long nights