kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
vct: roy vs kyle
POSTED ON Jan 1, 2024 17:33:12 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
"hello, i'm kyle."

the introduction is as bland as it can get. there's only so many combinations of words he can use to introduce himself. he chooses the easiest one there is, which isn't the best at making a good first impression.

"hope we have some good, clean fun and all that."

he loosens the collar of his sygna suit. he would have worn a more casual shirt, but the suit just doubles as a nice coat against the cold that had recently hit the tropical region.

his poochyena appears from behind his legs to greet their opponent with a bark.

"oh, yeah. that's kilo. he's going to be who you'll be facing. say hi.

close tab

played by

Teal

Roy
He/Him
twenty-six
May 02
Rustboro City, Hoenn
Heterosexual
Trainer
Civilian
Single
6'01" height
6'01" height
get out of my way
awards
312 posts
Roy Aker DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @roy
Roy Aker
POSTED ON Jan 2, 2024 5:32:31 GMT
Roy Aker Avatar
[attr="class","roythread"] "I'm Roy."

He grins, enamored by the sight of the Champion. Roy didn't care too much for celebrities, but Kyle's energy fueled him. Most people don't have an opportunity like this one.

"Let's keep it fun, then."

From his pocket, he beckons his charizard to the field. The dragon releases a roar, showing its willingness to battle.

"This is Balmung."

He responds to the introduction of the pup. Obviously, the Champion was toying with him, but Roy had no problem playing the part.

[attr="class","hgssnote"]Mega Evolution users receive a +20 modifier to any two consecutive rolls. These two rolls cannot be split.
[attr="class","hgssnotearw"]

[attr="class","roypkmnlist"]

[googlefont=Lato]
[newclass=.roythread]border: solid 1px #232323; border-radius: 5px; background-color: #2b2b2b; padding: 50px; margin:25px 75px 0px 110px; letter-spacing: .25px; font-size: 12px; line-height: 15px; background-image: url(https://i.imgur.com/vHgHpBo.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom left; font: 12px Lato; letter-spacing:.5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.roythread b]font-weight:bold; color: #32b1e4;[/newclass]
[newclass=.roythread img]width: 100px; height: 100px; border-radius: 3px; margin: 4px 15px 7px 1px; overflow: hidden; padding: 9px; border: solid 1px #aaa; float: left; background: #232323; mix-blend-mode: lighten;[/newclass]
[newclass=.roypkmnlist]display:flex;justify-content:center; align-items:center; margin-top:-25px; margin-left: 35px; opacity: 0.9; filter: grayscale(10%);margin-bottom: -50px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.hgssnote]text-align:left; border-image-slice: 22 22 22 22; border-image-width: 22px 22px 22px 22px; border-image-outset: 22px 22px 22px 22px; border-image-source: url("https://i.imgur.com/XNXdQk2.png"); border-style: solid; background: #aaa; font: 11px Calibri; letter-spacing:.5px; color: #232323; padding:5px; margin: 10px 0;[/newclass]
[newclass=.hgssnotearw]background:url("https://i.imgur.com/f2hSe9a.gif"); width: 7px; height: 10px; float: right; margin-right:-19px; margin-top: 5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.roythread .vdice-box]background:#272727;[/newclass][newclass=.roythread .vdice-value]color: #32b1e4;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
Join my dream it's just the right time, woah
awards
6,471 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
POSTED ON Jan 2, 2024 5:42:15 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
kyle drags his poochyena away from his feet and pushes him to the center stage. he's seen plenty of charizard trainers before, but never had they been able to name theirs as cool as balmung.

"let's go then."

the signal is fired. his poochyena sprints towards the bigger opponent without fear. it barks and howls during its mad dash before it sinks underneath the ground, shadow sneaking behind the charizard for the first strike.

kyle's vital gear blocks the shine in his eyes when he borrows future sight from his poochyena through the suit's pseudo avatarship.

he isn't sure if that kind of fighting is allowed, but no one has called him out on it just yet so he assumes it's fair game.

UKePMlTb (+10)
3/3 hp

close tab

played by

Teal

Roy
He/Him
twenty-six
May 02
Rustboro City, Hoenn
Heterosexual
Trainer
Civilian
Single
6'01" height
6'01" height
get out of my way
awards
312 posts
Roy Aker DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @roy
Roy Aker
POSTED ON Jan 2, 2024 19:44:53 GMT
Roy Aker Avatar
[attr="class","roythread"] Roy's amazed by Kilo's fearlessness, but Balmung is only left startled. He had never experienced an opponent was both so small and so brave in the same package. Before the dragon has time to react, the pup sinks into the ground and becomes one with its shadow.

"Don't let him get the jump on you."

The trainer's words sounded strict, but there's very little the charizard can do. The fire-type attempts to shifts his weight, lifting one of his legs and twirling his body in the process. The light of his tail establishes his target, but he has very little time to react. A yellow glow erupts from Balmung's fist as he prepares an attack on his single opponent. If he could catch the canine before it made contact, he'd unleash a Thunder Punch into whatever piece he could reach.

He had no qualms with how small his target was.

[attr="class","hgssnote"]Mega Evolution users receive a +20 modifier to any two consecutive rolls. These two rolls cannot be split.

12_swTML

3/3

[googlefont=Lato]
[newclass=.roythread]border: solid 1px #232323; border-radius: 5px; background-color: #2b2b2b; padding: 50px; margin:25px 75px 0px 110px; letter-spacing: .25px; font-size: 12px; line-height: 15px; background-image: url(https://i.imgur.com/vHgHpBo.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom left; font: 12px Lato; letter-spacing:.5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.roythread img]width: 100px; height: 100px; border-radius: 3px; margin: 4px 15px 7px 1px; overflow: hidden; padding: 9px; border: solid 1px #aaa; float: left; background: #232323; mix-blend-mode: lighten;[/newclass]
[newclass=.roypkmnlist]display:flex;justify-content:center; align-items:center; margin-top:-25px; margin-left: 35px; opacity: 0.9; filter: grayscale(10%);margin-bottom: -50px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.hgssnote]text-align:left; border-image-slice: 22 22 22 22; border-image-width: 22px 22px 22px 22px; border-image-outset: 22px 22px 22px 22px; border-image-source: url("https://i.imgur.com/XNXdQk2.png"); border-style: solid; background: #aaa; font: 11px Calibri; letter-spacing:.5px; color: #232323; padding:5px; margin: 10px 0;[/newclass]
[newclass=.hgssnotearw]background:url("https://i.imgur.com/f2hSe9a.gif"); width: 7px; height: 10px; float: right; margin-right:-19px; margin-top: 5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.roythread .vdice-box]background:#272727;[/newclass][newclass=.roythread .vdice-value]color: #32b1e4;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,471 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
POSTED ON Jan 2, 2024 20:13:32 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
if people think kyle entering poochyena was his way of throwing for content, they'd be wrong. it's only considered trolling if kyle didn't honor the rules of the game and didn't play to win.

"get the jump on balmung," he'd tell his poochyena. it was an excuse to mention balmung's name since he likes it.

the canine's fur stands on its ends during the split second that the thunder punch was about to connect. it was the small explosion from future sight that throws the poochyena away from the charizard's trajectory that saves it.

before it completely gets thrown off, it attempts to bite the fiery tail of the charizard in an attempt to play rough with it.

0Cz4hBKI (+10)
3/3 hp

close tab

played by

Teal

Roy
He/Him
twenty-six
May 02
Rustboro City, Hoenn
Heterosexual
Trainer
Civilian
Single
6'01" height
6'01" height
get out of my way
awards
312 posts
Roy Aker DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @roy
Roy Aker
POSTED ON Jan 3, 2024 16:44:42 GMT
Roy Aker Avatar
[attr="class","roythread"] The pup was far too small and too agile to keep up with. While Balmung's attack appeared to be close, in all actuality, he had no chance of making contact.

Kilo was good, but Kyle was even better. A sudden explosion from Future Sight confirmed the canine's safety and even applied a bit of damage to the dragon. Unfortunately, the poochyena wasn't done yet.

"Again!"

From shoulder to hip, Roy released an open palm to deliver his order. He wasn't going to let Kilo get the jump on Balmung. Not this time. Unlike the previous exchange, the charizard could actually see his target. Pulling the same arm back, the dragon channeled electricity in his fist. Once the dog was close enough to bite, he'd unleash his attack.

XXTUfINi

2/3

[googlefont=Lato]
close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,471 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
POSTED ON Jan 4, 2024 6:47:26 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
waiting and baiting seemed to have worked, as the punch connects this time, throwing the poochyena off of the charizard.

it rolls on the ground, skidding until its paws manage to take hold of its stance. it stares back at the charizard once distance has been establish, not doing anything besides a silent wish.

the dark-type stands still, appearing to not do anything. for most sports, it would be equivalent to catching their breath for a second wind. for this pokemon, a similar parallel can be held.

kyle watches with his pokemon as they get in sync, though his objective was to watch how the rest of the charizard's move set will go.

|Lf2jDF9 (+10)
2/3 hp

close tab

played by

Teal

Roy
He/Him
twenty-six
May 02
Rustboro City, Hoenn
Heterosexual
Trainer
Civilian
Single
6'01" height
6'01" height
get out of my way
awards
312 posts
Roy Aker DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @roy
Roy Aker
POSTED ON Jan 4, 2024 15:56:03 GMT
Roy Aker Avatar
[attr="class","roythread"] Balmung is successful in his attack, but something doesn't feel right. The canine is already back on his feet, but he wasn't moving. Was he on the defensive? If so, it wouldn't work out for him. He's too small. Too brittle. His success relied on his ability to outmaneuver a dragon that was many times his size, or at least that's what Roy thought.

"Show 'im what you got."

He's reckless, but also resourceful. Originating from his pocket, the trainer pulls his fist to his chest. Inside, a peculiar sphere initiates Mega Evolution. An abrupt explosion of colors surround both the trainer and his pokemon. Just as abruptly, the vibrant hues disperses, and a new black dragon enters the arena.

Using his feet to pivot, Balmung launches from the ground and uses his wings to close the distance. His right fist is already powered in the way of the draconid. If the poochyena didn't have a plan up his sleeve, he was surely done for.

|PK9dqcb +20

2/3

[googlefont=Lato]
close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,471 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
POSTED ON Jan 4, 2024 18:22:44 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
it really was a physical set rather than a random move latched in for coverage. most used solar beam as their favored option, but the mega evolution answers the reason why it had a different move than the conventional one.

waiting for the charizard to make its move bears fruit when kyle easily activates a function of the sygna suit. the poochyena steels itself as the trainer move: physical shield manifests, with wish fueling the resilience of the pup.

TRAINER MOVE: PHYSICAL SHIELD
applies physical damage reduction to you and your sygna pokemon for a brief period of time.

"here's where we pull out our secret weapon, kilo."

it opposes the move of the mega evolved charizard. aided by the barrier given to the poochyena by the sygna suit, the dark-type makes a grand statement by striking the dragon with the move it was blessed with from the dragon's den: dragon hammer.

uu9|mwT1 (+10)
2/3 hp

close tab

played by

Teal

Roy
He/Him
twenty-six
May 02
Rustboro City, Hoenn
Heterosexual
Trainer
Civilian
Single
6'01" height
6'01" height
get out of my way
awards
312 posts
Roy Aker DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @roy
Roy Aker
POSTED ON Jan 5, 2024 18:20:30 GMT
Roy Aker Avatar
[attr="class","roythread"] The pup was successful in defending off the charizard, but this was expected. This was the Champion, after all. Gimmicks were part of the experience in the Vital City Tournament and it made sense for the Champion to have one that is unique in this way. However, Balmung wasn't finished with his onslaught of attacks.

"Don't let him win."

Kilo followed his shield with a strike of a hammer, but the dragon was already on the move. Now his entire body was covered in the very aura that consumed his previous punch. If Balmung could reach the poochyena before his dragon-type attack, the battle would continue.

mFa8hT3e +20

1/3

[googlefont=Lato]
close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,471 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
POSTED ON Jan 7, 2024 6:36:06 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
he supposed the wonders of a sygna suit can only do so much.

mega evolution gives the charizard enough juice to power through the barrier and throw the poochyena off of the trajectory of its attack, killing the momentum built by the pokemon and effectively deflecting the attack.

the dark-type rolls through dirt, but stands back up strong and ready to face the charizard in one final showdown.

"come on, kilo, just one good blow. it's time to show off how we have a good time."

a song is sung as the poochyena howls as a battle cry. it doesn't waste a moment to charge straight at the charizard the next moment, pouncing fearlessly at the lizard with one last dragon hammer to make a mark for itself in its opponent's eyes.

IGTbNlPz (+10)
1/3 hp

close tab

played by

Teal

Roy
He/Him
twenty-six
May 02
Rustboro City, Hoenn
Heterosexual
Trainer
Civilian
Single
6'01" height
6'01" height
get out of my way
awards
312 posts
Roy Aker DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @roy
Roy Aker
POSTED ON Jan 8, 2024 21:36:58 GMT
Roy Aker Avatar
[attr="class","roythread"] Balmung is able to maintain his place in the battle, but he didn't have much left in him. Kilo's power exceeded expectations, but even more than that, Roy and Balmung were new to Mega Evolution. Even if their gimmick was strong, they were at a clear disadvantage due to their lack of training.

"Give 'im all you got!"

There wasn't much left to give. Balmung had already transformed back to his previous form. It was too difficult to maintain his evolution. Fortunately, Kilo made up in all the ways the trainer lacked. The canine's willingness and determination heightened Balmung's own. He was ready to give it one last go just because the poochyena was willing to.

Charging a fist full of draconic energy, the charizard raced towards the pup. They were both using the same attack against each other. One final move to end it all.

GIu_50fX

1/3

[googlefont=Lato]
close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,471 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
POSTED ON Jan 11, 2024 3:45:42 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
the final hits are registered by the vital gear and the result flashes on the augmented reality. two vitals being rewarded ends the adrenaline coursing through the fight.

if the sygna suit's advantages really comes from the combination of the bond of trainer and pokemon, as well as the rise of emotions in a battle, then the victory was to be attributed to the link provided by the suit.

while he does love an underdog story, contrary to appearances, his poochyena wasn't one thanks to the sygna suit.

"i've always faced charizards in a fight, but, i don't know, it just never gets old." two of the closest people in his life did use one as their favored pokemon.

"hey, hey, are you going for the gym circuit?" realizing that it's going to lead to too much discussion with a person he just met, he cuts himself off. either way, hope we see each other soon."

he holds a hand out.

close tab

played by

Teal

Roy
He/Him
twenty-six
May 02
Rustboro City, Hoenn
Heterosexual
Trainer
Civilian
Single
6'01" height
6'01" height
get out of my way
awards
312 posts
Roy Aker DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @roy
Roy Aker
POSTED ON Jan 12, 2024 17:41:45 GMT
Roy Aker Avatar
[attr="class","roythread"] Unfortunately, Balmung wasn't successful. He gave it his all and it still wasn't enough. This is what's like to battle the Champion.

Using his pocket, the trainer returns the fire-type to his ball to heal. Like other competitors, Roy met Kyle in the middle of the arena to give a proper sendoff. The champion compliments him and his charizard before the draconid reaches his destination.

"I don't know... Maybe." He struggles to answer the question. The gym circuit was something that fascinated him as a child, but his interest went elsewhere as he got older. Kyle closed the discussion before it got too deep.

Roy holds out a hand of his own to shake his opponent's. Good game.

LOSS!

0/3

[googlefont=Lato]
close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
39,029 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
POSTED ON Jan 13, 2024 21:39:09 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]VCT COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: