he/him
October 18th
slateport
undecided
Gym Leader
Ace Trainer
smol height
smol height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
2,448 posts
Hideo Kino DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @hideo
Hideo Kino
VCT: Hideo vs Kyle
POSTED ON Jan 1, 2024 19:03:29 GMT
Hideo Kino Avatar
The prospect of getting to battle the Champion would've gotten him giddy with excitement a couple years ago. It'd been his dream to become Champion himself, and defeating Kyle Lopez would've been the most important step to reaching that goal?

Now? It did get him a bit excited, but it mostly just felt like another challenge among the many he was involved in for this tournament.

That didn't mean he wasn't going to try to win, of course. He didn't bring his sygna suit for nothing. And his Beheeyem wasn't a pushover.

"Alright, Mr. Lopez," Hideo said, "Here's hoping we got a great match today!"

Chosen Gimmick: Sygna Suit (+10 to all rolls)

close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
Join my dream it's just the right time, woah
awards
6,471 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
POSTED ON Jan 2, 2024 2:26:49 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
some people weren't surprising to see in events and other major fights in a region as compact as hoenn. hideo was one of such people he recognizes, even if kyle doesn't interact much with him.

"same, same!" he'd enthusiastically respond to the gym leader.

the poochyena was equally as excited, sharing the trainer's feelings through the sync brought by its trainer's sygna suit. it hops about, tail wiggling, as the vibes of the entire event got to them.

the bark it made makes it known to hideo who it was facing against, had his own pokemon not hinted about it yet.

"alright, mister gym leader, let's have some fun."

close tab

played by

Blue Star

Hideo
he/him
October 18th
slateport
undecided
Gym Leader
Ace Trainer
smol height
smol height
awards
2,448 posts
Hideo Kino DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @hideo
Hideo Kino
POSTED ON Jan 2, 2024 15:23:07 GMT
Hideo Kino Avatar
Hideo's Beheeyem had already informed him of what Kyle's Pokemon was before it barked: a Poochyena. Dark-type, as he recalled.

His Beheeyem was more than capable of fighting with a type disadvantage - it only ruled out the direct use of its single Psychic attack.

And their fight was quickly underway.

"Elga, show'em how well you can sing!" Hideo ordered, a dramatic finger pointed forwards.

The Beheeyem would do just that, letting out a strange tune as it fired a Round at the Poochyena, rings of energy flying out from where its mouth should be.

kDgq9o6b+10

close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,471 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
POSTED ON Jan 2, 2024 18:29:45 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
songs were dangerous for dogs. they have a habit of joining in with their howls, and with multiple of them, it just gets difficult for the ears.

thankfully, kyle is already used to sleeping with more than a dozen dogs howling at night. his pokemon, however, wasn't so keen on listening to the beheeyem's alien sounds.

"what is it now, boy?" he'd ask his poochyena. "what's your next move?"

it felt like cheating, especially with the way that kyle wouldn't be the only one that can tap in to the other end of the sync of the sygna suit. the poochyena steals its trainer's move rather than thinking for itself.

it rushes the beheeyem, and instead of listening to the entire song, it dives into the shadows to somewhat hide from it, moving beneath the ground with shadow sneak to strike the beheeyem.

3QKb5xps (+10)
3/3 hp

close tab

played by

Blue Star

Hideo
he/him
October 18th
slateport
undecided
Gym Leader
Ace Trainer
smol height
smol height
awards
2,448 posts
Hideo Kino DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @hideo
Hideo Kino
POSTED ON Jan 2, 2024 19:32:10 GMT
Hideo Kino Avatar
It was close: the Beheeyem nearly finished its song, which would've meant a solid hit against the Poochyena. But that Shadow Sneak came in at the nick of time, disrupting the Beheeyem.

Dang. But his Beheeyem was far from out of the fight, and Hideo wanted to put on a good performance against Kyle.

"Tough it out, and show'em what else you can do!" Hideo ordered, another finger pointed dramatically.

This time, bits of rock would raise up from the ground, a Rock Tomb readied by the Beheeyem - and fired off at the Poochyena when ready. If it could limit the Poochyena's mobility, it might have an easier time.

And while the attack was fired, the bright glow of a Reflect shimmered over the Beheeyem, to help guard against the upcoming retaliation.

HP: 2/3

4OuxdRn8+10

close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,471 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
POSTED ON Jan 2, 2024 19:52:55 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
defenses were shored up the moment the last attack connected.

"alright, kilo, you have literally one that's usable for this scenario."

having not realized the poochyena's attempts to steal answers off from the sygna suit, kyle continues to watch his poochyena take the correct move from its repertoire and apply it.

dragon hammer smashes through rocks and barriers, although there's only so much it can do with how much difficulty the beheeyem gave it.

gnG2gAYa (+10)
3/3 hp

close tab

played by

Blue Star

Hideo
he/him
October 18th
slateport
undecided
Gym Leader
Ace Trainer
smol height
smol height
awards
2,448 posts
Hideo Kino DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @hideo
Hideo Kino
POSTED ON Jan 2, 2024 20:44:09 GMT
Hideo Kino Avatar
Oh jeez. Hideo didn't expect the Poochyena to have such a powerful move at its disposal. He was tempted to question why a Poochyena knew how to use Dragon Hammer - but his Melmetal was also capable of the attack, so he shut himself up before he even spoke.

He'd just have to work through it. He still had enough tools at his disposal - and his Beheeyem managed to avoid being struck by the attack itself.

His Beheeyem took the chance to launch another attack - sending out another round of Rounds at the Poochyena. Maybe this time, it'd have better luck landing the attack.

IiYKi8l4+10

close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,471 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
POSTED ON Jan 3, 2024 17:25:22 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
delaying his attacks with a bunch of walls to hinder his poochyena from taking actions prompts kyle to take a picture of his pokemon trying frantically to tear down walls.

"come on, kilo. you just need a little more."

the beheeyem's song follows through again in the middle of a video he accidentally took instead of a picture. he decides to keep it instead since the weird alien noises makes the clip much more interesting.

the poochyena, on the other hand, cries as it has to endure the song while dragon hammering away through the rest of the defenses that the psychic-type put up.

33QIdRtg (+10)
2/3 hp

close tab

played by

Blue Star

Hideo
he/him
October 18th
slateport
undecided
Gym Leader
Ace Trainer
smol height
smol height
awards
2,448 posts
Hideo Kino DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @hideo
Hideo Kino
POSTED ON Jan 4, 2024 1:10:08 GMT
Hideo Kino Avatar
The Round got through that time - and admittedly, Hideo cringed slightly. It was a good attack, but hearing those noises from some of his Pokemon always sounded a bit…weird. Maybe it was just odd with how quiet his Beheeyem normally was.

It did sound better when it was singing along with his other Round-wielding Pokemon, at least.

His Beheeyem's defense wouldn't last much longer - not against all those Dragon Hammers coming its way. It didn't have enough time to pull out another Rock Tomb, and another Round would be predictable.

"Elga, use those rocks from before!" Hideo ordered, bringing the Beheeyem's attention to its previous (smashed) Rock Tomb. It channeled Psychic energy into them, intended to send them right into the Poochyena.

94uqMTLM+10

close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,471 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
POSTED ON Jan 4, 2024 7:21:53 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
the rocks and the barrier finally managed to dislodge themselves from the way by his poochyena's effort, but the damage has already been done.

"good job, kilo," he goads his own pokemon in the friendly banter manner. "now you just have to actually hit the opponent."

there's a smile of relief that was present in the pokemon's expression since it finally clawed itself out, only to see that the very rocks it has been attacking the entire time attempts to attack back.

it rushes towards the beheeyem with dragon hammer, but not before it gets buried once more by the rocks.

Y1i5|C7S (+10)
1/3 hp

close tab

played by

Blue Star

Hideo
he/him
October 18th
slateport
undecided
Gym Leader
Ace Trainer
smol height
smol height
awards
2,448 posts
Hideo Kino DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @hideo
Hideo Kino
POSTED ON Jan 5, 2024 0:37:24 GMT
Hideo Kino Avatar
His Beheeyem's efforts proved effective, stopping its opponent before the Dragon Hammer hit. It was a close one: Hideo didn't know if his Beheeyem could take a direct attack like that from a Poochyena, and he hadn't been eager to find out.

Hideo could breathe a sigh of relief; seemed like they'd managed to come out on top in this fight. "Gotta admit, didn't expect a Poochyena with that kind of attack," Hideo said. "Got me nervous; it was breaking through Elga's defenses like they were paper."

But he'd managed to persevere in this battle.

"Thanks for the match, Mr. Lopez!" Sure, he could brag that he managed to beat the Champion at a battle, but he also felt that this Poochyena was far from Kyle's strongest Pokemon. "And feel free to visit my Gym! You could even take the challenge if you want."

He waved to his opponent, giving them a chance to speak before heading off to his next challenge

close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,471 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
POSTED ON Jan 5, 2024 2:50:47 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
"you know how it is nowadays," he would casually comment. "expect the unexpected is the new normal."

which is something that can be said as well when it comes to a psychic-type managing to beat a dark-type without too much trouble.

he picks up his poochyena rather than recalling it to its ball when hideo manages to call something out that he forgot.

"you know what, i really should." challenging gyms was always a hobby of his, though his opinion about the gym circuit was different from others who take them for their actual purpose. "expect a challenger once my work load lightens, gym leader kino!" he'd proclaim.

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
39,032 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
POSTED ON Jan 5, 2024 6:15:51 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]VCT COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: