Cascarrafa
GAY
Military Recruit
Private
i only pray
don't fall away from me
6' 3" height
6' 3" height
if the wind turns, if i hit a squall, allow the ground to find its brutal way to me.
awards
426 posts
part of
TAG WITH @eddieh
Eduardo Hisakawa
Eddie VS. Kyle | VCT
POSTED ON Jan 2, 2024 16:23:48 GMT
Eduardo Hisakawa Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","eddieh"]
[attr="class","eddiehtag"]

[attr="class","eddiehmain"]

Eddie stepped into the arena, his Tauros trailing alongside. He was becoming practiced in his pre-battle warmup; a roll of the shoulders, the emergence of his toothy grin, and maybe a crack of the knuckles for good measure. When he saw his opponent, though, his shit-eating grin morphed into something a little more sincere. His eyes lit up with recognition, and he offered an excited wave and greeting, [break][break]

“Yo, Kyle!” he beamed “Didn't expect to be squarin' off against you! Ya sure you don't got bigger fish ta fry?” [break][break]

The teasing was lighthearted and rife with warm regard. After all, this was the first time he'd seen a familiar face since the tournament began.

notes[break]
No gimmicks battle[break]
Part of the Vital City Tournament[break]

[attr="class","eddiehpoke"]

[newclass=.eddieh]margin: 0 auto; width: 420px; box-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #333333,-2px 2px 0px #333333,2px -2px 0px #333333,-2px -2px 0px #333333; border-radius: 5px;border: solid 1px #232323;[/newclass]
[newclass=.eddieh div.quote_body] margin: 10px -20px -25px -20px!important;[/newclass]
[newclass=.eddiehmain]border-radius: 5px 5px 0px 0px;background-color:#2b2b2b;padding:65px 35px 40px 35px;text-align:justify;font-size:11.5px;line-height:16px;letter-spacing:.5px;font-family:poppins;[/newclass]
[newclass=.eddiehtag] text-align: right;font-weight: bold;position: absolute;padding: 10px 15px;border: solid 1px #232323; border-top-color: rgb(35, 35, 35); border-top-style: solid; border-top-width: 1px;background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png);border-radius: 5px 5px 0px 0px;margin: 0px 0px 0px -1px;border-top: none;background-color: #272727;width: 390px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.eddieh b] color: #D49736; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.eddieh i] color: #cecece; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.eddieh u] text-decoration: none; text-transform:uppercase; color: #dbb859; font-size: 12px;font-family:Quattrocento Sans; letter-spacing: 2px; font-weight: bold; [/newclass]
[newclass=.eddieh a] text-transform:uppercase!important;font:bold 12px Quattrocento Sans!important;letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.eddiehpoke] background-color:#272727;height:60px;background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png);background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:center right;text-align:center;padding-bottom:15px;border-radius: 0px 0px 5px 5px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
Join my dream it's just the right time, woah
awards
6,471 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
Eddie VS. Kyle | VCT
POSTED ON Jan 2, 2024 19:41:13 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
"is that a pun?" he'd amusingly respond. "you better not start off introductions with your opponents with puns!"

the smile on his face contrasts the words he spewed out. given the nature of their previous encounter, there was a chance that it was one.

"cause they'll love it so much that it would break their tough, serious personas."

kyle isn't actually sure if hoenn's current demographic has a sense of humor.

he prepares himself for the fight by getting his poochyena out of its ball. the pokemon barks as a greeting, drowned by its trainer's invitation for a fight.

"this is where i use the overused "all bark and no bite" metaphor in a statement to challenge you."

close tab

played by

inmediasres

Eddie
HE/HIM
Thirty-nine
MAY 18th
Cascarrafa
GAY
Military Recruit
Private
i only pray
don't fall away from me
6' 3" height
6' 3" height
if the wind turns, if i hit a squall, allow the ground to find its brutal way to me.
awards
426 posts
part of
TAG WITH @eddieh
Eduardo Hisakawa
Eddie VS. Kyle | VCT
POSTED ON Jan 3, 2024 12:53:11 GMT
Eduardo Hisakawa Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","eddieh"]

“There are worse ways of breakin' your poker face,” Eddie laughed in response. Now this was the kind of pre-battle banter he'd been looking forward to. He watched as the Poochyena was released onto the field, and found himself caught a little off-guard. He wasn't expecting Kyle to bring a puppy to the tournament, but he was sure the champ had some tricks up his sleeve, [break][break]

“If you think you're gonna win this, then you're barkin' up the wrong tree! Show 'em what you got, Beau!” [break][break]

With a sweeping flourish of the arm, Beau charged into the arena, water from the frigid air around him cloaking his hooves in an aquatic veil. He surged forward with an AQUA JET, the momentum of his attack sending him sailing in the direction of the Poochyena at dizzying speeds. Eddie smiled; win or lose, he was excited to see how this match would go. [break][break]

QOKkb54o[break]
HP: 3/3

notes[break]

[newclass=.eddieh]margin: 0 auto; width: 420px; box-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #333333,-2px 2px 0px #333333,2px -2px 0px #333333,-2px -2px 0px #333333; border-radius: 5px;border: solid 1px #232323;[/newclass]
[newclass=.eddieh div.quote_body] margin: 10px -20px -25px -20px!important;[/newclass]
[newclass=.eddiehmain]border-radius: 5px 5px 0px 0px;background-color:#2b2b2b;padding:65px 35px 40px 35px;text-align:justify;font-size:11.5px;line-height:16px;letter-spacing:.5px;font-family:poppins;[/newclass]
[newclass=.eddiehtag] text-align: right;font-weight: bold;position: absolute;padding: 10px 15px;border: solid 1px #232323; border-top-color: rgb(35, 35, 35); border-top-style: solid; border-top-width: 1px;background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png);border-radius: 5px 5px 0px 0px;margin: 0px 0px 0px -1px;border-top: none;background-color: #272727;width: 390px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.eddieh b] color: #D49736; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.eddieh i] color: #cecece; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.eddieh u] text-decoration: none; text-transform:uppercase; color: #dbb859; font-size: 12px;font-family:Quattrocento Sans; letter-spacing: 2px; font-weight: bold; [/newclass]
[newclass=.eddieh a] text-transform:uppercase!important;font:bold 12px Quattrocento Sans!important;letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.eddiehpoke] background-color:#272727;height:60px;background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png);background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:center right;text-align:center;padding-bottom:15px;border-radius: 0px 0px 5px 5px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,471 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
Eddie VS. Kyle | VCT
POSTED ON Jan 4, 2024 6:36:56 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
"uh... uhh..."

kyle tries to think of puns to attack back, but nothing comes to mind. this is what happens when the previous years were spent hanging out with people who are too serious about their jobs. it's not like hoenn will sink overnight just because some primordial god started attacking it.

the poochyena stands still at the sight of the rushing tauros, not because of fear, but because it knows it can't outrun it once it's already in momentum. instead, it faces it head on with its skull as its only defense, relying on the draconic aura of dragon hammer that reinforced it.

"how about you try not to start beef with kilo, then? he's a fighter, not a lover."

it felt forced, but it's better than nothing.

Vsk260Xo (+10)
3/3 hp

close tab

played by

inmediasres

Eddie
HE/HIM
Thirty-nine
MAY 18th
Cascarrafa
GAY
Military Recruit
Private
i only pray
don't fall away from me
6' 3" height
6' 3" height
awards
426 posts
part of
TAG WITH @eddieh
Eduardo Hisakawa
Eddie VS. Kyle | VCT
POSTED ON Jan 4, 2024 12:18:09 GMT
Eduardo Hisakawa Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","eddieh"]

The strange energies now cloaking the small dog Pokemon perplexed Eddie, but he didn't have much time to consider the bizarre draconic aura emanating from the Poochyena as Beau collided with his opponent head-on. Unstoppable force, meet immovable object. [break][break]

There was a flourish of exploding energy as the two Pokemon clashed and Beau was sent skidding back, but didn't appear to be outwardly harmed. The bull immediately charged back into the fray, head low and horns raised in an attempt to engage the Poochyena in CLOSE COMBAT, [break][break]

“Kilo's a good pup, but unfortunately for him -” Eddie punctuated his statement with a lackadaisical shrug of the shoulders, “Beau and I are a little bit of both.” [break][break]

He hoped that sounded as cool out loud as it did in his head. Eddie was mostly just happy to finally have an opponent that was indulging him. [break][break]

RLptZ9M4[break]
HP: 3/3

notes[break]

close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,471 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
Eddie VS. Kyle | VCT
POSTED ON Jan 4, 2024 18:07:16 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
"where's... where's the pun?"

kyle rewinds the sentence over and over again in his head, trying to figure out where the joke was.

as the close combat threatens the poochyena, kilo takes it with stride. he latches on to play rough with the tauros, though the thought of how it can remain hanging on a rampaging tauros didn't occur to the dog.

"you're not... bullshitting me, are you?"

the confused expression turns to a smile.

vCNOgUdL (+10)
3/3 hp

close tab

played by

inmediasres

Eddie
HE/HIM
Thirty-nine
MAY 18th
Cascarrafa
GAY
Military Recruit
Private
i only pray
don't fall away from me
6' 3" height
6' 3" height
awards
426 posts
part of
TAG WITH @eddieh
Eduardo Hisakawa
Eddie VS. Kyle | VCT
POSTED ON Jan 5, 2024 11:15:52 GMT
Eduardo Hisakawa Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","eddieh"]

The Poochyena's attack proved to be more formidable than Eddie could have anticipated as Beau lowed in pain. The dog latched on and showed little sign of relinquishing it's hold. Beau, hurt and angry as all hell, began to buck and kick like a RAGING BULL, hoping to shake the Poochyena off and score a hit in the process. The little dog was in for the ride of it's life, [break][break]

“C'mon, cut me some slack. Tryin' to come up with all these puns can be pretty ruff.” [break][break]

Eddie punctuated his statement with a waggle of the eyebrows. [break][break]

JXpHYTkS[break]
HP: 2/3

notes[break]

close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,471 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
Eddie VS. Kyle | VCT
POSTED ON Jan 7, 2024 6:25:49 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
at this point, kyle hopes the battle will finish fast since he's running out of jokes just as quick. there was a reason he didn't become a stand-up comedian.

"to be fair, you screwed the pooch by starting it."

and kyle paid the price by partaking in it.

it continues to play rough with it, like riding a mechanical bull. it digs its teeth and fangs on the tauros, but the raging bull eventually throws the poochyena off of it.

the dark-type rolls off the dirt after landing before shaking the dust off of its coat when it gets back on its feet.

E_JUlp4u (+10)
3/3 hp

close tab

played by

inmediasres

Eddie
HE/HIM
Thirty-nine
MAY 18th
Cascarrafa
GAY
Military Recruit
Private
i only pray
don't fall away from me
6' 3" height
6' 3" height
awards
426 posts
part of
TAG WITH @eddieh
Eduardo Hisakawa
Eddie VS. Kyle | VCT
POSTED ON Jan 7, 2024 11:49:00 GMT
Eduardo Hisakawa Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","eddieh"]

Beau bellowed victoriously as the Poochyena was sent flying off of his hide. As the dog Pokemon rose to his feet, the bull snorted and stamped, getting himself WORKED UP and hoping to intimidate Kilo in the process. Then with another lowing cry of fury, the bull charged back into the fray, hoping to trample the pup underneath his hooves with a vicious series of DOUBLE KICKS,[break][break]

“Maybe so, but I'll have you know this ain't my first rodeo! [break][break]

Alright, that one was pretty weak. Eddie was also starting to hope that things would wrap up before too much longer, because trying to monitor his Tauros and keep the wordplay up was starting to make his head hurt. [break][break]

3x7yJTck[break]

notes[break]

close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,471 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
Eddie VS. Kyle | VCT
POSTED ON Jan 13, 2024 17:46:11 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
weak as it may be, any attack was still an attack. kyle throws his own in the concurrent war happening alongside the pokemon battle.

"that explains why your jokes are like a bull in a china shop"

if the poochyena starts having doubts about facing the taurus, it doesn't show it. kyle knows through the scientific wonders of the sygna suit, but he wouldn't betray his boy like that.

it tries to deflect each hoof with a dragon hammer, but more often than not, it can't be helped that the second kick hits without impunity.

hacJYZ9L (+10)
2/3 hp

close tab

played by

inmediasres

Eddie
HE/HIM
Thirty-nine
MAY 18th
Cascarrafa
GAY
Military Recruit
Private
i only pray
don't fall away from me
6' 3" height
6' 3" height
awards
426 posts
part of
TAG WITH @eddieh
Eduardo Hisakawa
Eddie VS. Kyle | VCT
POSTED ON Jan 13, 2024 21:29:56 GMT
Eduardo Hisakawa Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","eddieh"]

Geeze, this little pup wasn't giving up. The DOUBLE KICKS mostly just served to keep the Poochyena on it's toes; Eddie knew either he or Beau would have to come up with something to put the opposing Pokemon on the back foot. As if sensing his trainer's thoughts, the Tauros began to ready an AQUA CRASH, drawing in moisture from the atmosphere to shroud his body in an aquatic veil, hoping to add some extra punch to the slamming, full-body attack he was about to launch, [break][break]

“C'mon man, that was kind of a stretch,” Eddie chuckled, “But hey, comin' up with puns ain't easy. I think you both deserve a round of a-paws.” [break][break]

f3JAFP0e[break]

notes[break]

close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,471 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
Eddie VS. Kyle | VCT
POSTED ON Jan 14, 2024 6:39:35 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
"what can i say? i don't turn tail in this kinds of situation if i can help it."

it is what eddie has said though. win or lose, they both deserve a round of a-paws for this extra effort they are putting themselves through.

the aqua crash looms over the poochyena, threatening to finally take the final point out to win the match for its trainer. it stands its ground and welcomes it, taking a future sight to peek at the possible comeback it might take at this point.

ghTUs61B (+10)
1/3 hp

close tab

played by

inmediasres

Eddie
HE/HIM
Thirty-nine
MAY 18th
Cascarrafa
GAY
Military Recruit
Private
i only pray
don't fall away from me
6' 3" height
6' 3" height
awards
426 posts
part of
TAG WITH @eddieh
Eduardo Hisakawa
Eddie VS. Kyle | VCT
POSTED ON Jan 14, 2024 20:29:48 GMT
Eduardo Hisakawa Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","eddieh"]

There's a splash of water, like a bovine tsunami that crashes between Beau and Kilo. This was it, what could be the final blow to determine the match. Eddie watched with trepidation, unsure if the AQUA CRASH had found it's mark. And if it had... what would that mean for the two of them? [break][break]

Sure, the FUTURE SIGHT would really put a hurt on the Fighting-type Tauros if the bull's attack failed, but as Eddie squinted to see through the crashing waves conjured by Beau, something else occurred to him. What if he won this match, against the god damn champion of Hoenn? Sure, it was in a gimmicky tournament, but Eddie couldn't deny the boost that'd give to his ego. Something tremulous stirred in his chest at the thought; god, maybe he could finally be somebody. [break][break]

For the first time in the entire match, Eddie found himself rendered speechless. [break][break]

XuuNZhbk[break]

notes[break]

close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,471 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
Eddie VS. Kyle | VCT
POSTED ON Jan 15, 2024 3:20:39 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
unfortunately for the poochyena, he runs out of time before he can turn the tides around. aqua crash pushes him aside, and the vital gear provided to the contestants award them with their respective points

"huh?" he remarks, "looks like you lost, kilo."

it doesn't seem to affect kyle negatively. on the contrary, it did the opposite.

he pulls his arms upward and stretches before whistling for his pokemon to come back to him in its walk of shame.

"finally! i have an excuse to stop using puns now," he blurts out. he doesn't seem to care whether it was heard or not. "well, i'll need to get this boy to heal up. catch you later?"

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
39,032 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
Eddie VS. Kyle | VCT
POSTED ON Jan 15, 2024 3:32:03 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]VCT COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: