Lumiose City, Kalos
Pansexual
Broadcast Journalist
Admin
if you're lonely
come be lonely with me
6'0" / 183 cm height
6'0" / 183 cm height
i fell for your magic. i tasted your skin. and though this is tragic, at least i found the end.
awards
2,202 posts
part of
TAG WITH @barnaby
BARNABY FINCH
VCT: BARNABY V. FERNANDO
POSTED ON Jan 3, 2024 0:41:31 GMT
BARNABY FINCH Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","gunstempbarnaby"]
[attr="class","body"]

"Up for a quick battle, Mr. Silph?" [break][break]

wondered if he even remembered him, given how long it'd been since the councilman had agreed to join his talk show. Still, he carried on with his feigned familiarity, smiling as pristinely as he would for any audience.[break][break]

An audience of one was enough, after all. Especially if it was someone like .

[break][break]

[attr="class","notes"]

[attr="class","credit1"]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[newclass=".gunstempbarnaby"]--accent:#796477;font:13px Poppins;[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunstempbarnaby b"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunstempbarnaby i"]color: #cecece; [/newclass]
[newclass=".gunstempbarnaby u"]font: 800 12px Quattrocento Sans; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 2px; text-decoration: none; color: #808080; [/newclass]
[newclass=".gunstempbarnaby a"]font: 13px Quattrocento Sans!important; letter-spacing: .5px; text-transform: lowercase; color: #796477; [/newclass]
[newclass=".gunstempbarnaby h1"]font:16px Roboto;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunstempbarnaby h2"]font:14px Roboto;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunstempbarnaby .body"]background-image:url("https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png");background-position:bottom;background-repeat:no-repeat;text-align:justify;color: #AAAAA6[/newclass]

[newclass=".gunstempbarnaby .notes"] background: #2b2b2b; border: 1px #232323 solid; border-radius: 3px; padding: 25px 15px 25px 15px; margin: 5px 7px 10px 8px; [/newclass]
[newclass=".gunstempbarnaby .pkmn img"]margin:-10px -7px 0px -7px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunstempbarnaby .credit1"]font-size:15px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
POWER IS TAKEN, NEVER GIVEN—SO TAKE WHAT YOU ARE OWED
awards
8,740 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
POSTED ON Jan 3, 2024 1:49:02 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar

BARNABY FINCH

VCT

“INDEED.”

there’s no need to call on his pokemon. lilycove has descended into madness. frantic battles clamor all around them. and, as per tradition, eye contact is enough to activate his VITAL PASS.

battle routine set!

his GLALIE floats forward, eye locked on, jaw unhinged.

[attr="class","spiralpee"]

close tab

played by

Dove

Admin Bee
He / Him
April 12
Lumiose City, Kalos
Pansexual
Broadcast Journalist
Admin
if you're lonely
come be lonely with me
6'0" / 183 cm height
6'0" / 183 cm height
i fell for your magic. i tasted your skin. and though this is tragic, at least i found the end.
awards
2,202 posts
part of
TAG WITH @barnaby
BARNABY FINCH
POSTED ON Jan 3, 2024 4:53:35 GMT
BARNABY FINCH Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","body"]

"Bear with me," The journalist warned, angling the DYNAMAX BAND on his wrist toward the battlefield, his execution seemingly clumsy.[break][break]

"It's my first time doing this. We'll see how it goes!"[break][break]

Barnaby's VITAL GEAR flashed a bright red, alerting to his MELMETAL's transformation. Within moments the Pokémon had grown to an incredible height and executed its first attack: MAX STEELSPIKE.[break][break]

4CdZAzr7

[break]

[attr="class","notes"]

[break]
GIGANTAMAX MELMETAL[break][break]
[attr="class","hpbar"]

4/4

[attr="class","credit1"]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[newclass=".gunstempbarnaby u"]font: 800 12px Quattrocento Sans; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 2px; text-decoration: none; color: #808080; [/newclass]
[newclass=".gunstempbarnaby a"]font: 13px Quattrocento Sans!important; letter-spacing: .5px; text-transform: lowercase; color: #796477; [/newclass]
[newclass=".gunstempbarnaby h1"]font:16px Roboto;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunstempbarnaby h2"]font:14px Roboto;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunstempbarnaby .body"]background-image:url("https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png");background-position:bottom;background-repeat:no-repeat;text-align:justify;color: #AAAAA6[/newclass]

[newclass=".gunstempbarnaby .hpbar"] width:200px; height:7px; border-radius:3px; background-color:#39db24; margin-top:5px; margin-bottom:5px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".gunstempbarnaby .notes"] background: #2b2b2b; border: 1px #232323 solid; border-radius: 3px; padding: 25px 15px 25px 15px; margin: 5px 7px 10px 8px; [/newclass]
[newclass=".gunstempbarnaby .pkmn img"]margin:-15px -7px -0px -7px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,740 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
POSTED ON Jan 3, 2024 6:38:03 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar

BARNABY FINCH

VCT

“AND NO BETTER PLACE TO TEST IT,” is as much encouragement as he’ll earn. for fernando too is no expert on DYNAMAX.

his SYNC STONE pulses against his heart beat. strumming in defiance against and enemy large enough to blot out the thunderstorm above.

execute!

the GLALIE responds to his call, shifting upwards as the MAX STEELSPIKE grazes a long scratch against its frigid hide. however, this does not daunt the pokemon’s momentum. for it continue unfazed, firing a volley of ICE SHARDS at the much too large to miss target.

MRklE7s7

SYGNA SUIT: users receive a +10 modifier on every single roll they make
HP: 3/3
close tab

played by

Dove

Admin Bee
He / Him
April 12
Lumiose City, Kalos
Pansexual
Broadcast Journalist
Admin
if you're lonely
come be lonely with me
6'0" / 183 cm height
6'0" / 183 cm height
awards
2,202 posts
part of
TAG WITH @barnaby
BARNABY FINCH
POSTED ON Jan 3, 2024 7:09:41 GMT
BARNABY FINCH Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","body"]

ICE SHARDS break upon impact with the MELMETAL's steel carapace, barely scratching its hardened surface due to its increased DEFENSE. But repetition bears fruit; with each successive volley more dents and scuffs are made, inevitably weakening the titan to a degree. [break][break]

"Wooow~" Barnaby pantomimed an awed look, bringing a tentative hand to his lips to convey shock and wonder over the GIGANTAMAX transformation.[break][break]

"Make sure you get every angle!" An instruction not for his MELMETAL, but for the ROTOM camera that whizzed around the field, recording the battle for posterity and online praise.[break][break]

MELMETAL needed no prompting, after all. It continued its assault with MAX WYRMWIND by bringing its enlarged fists down where the GLALIE hovered.[break][break]

RuiHTZk|

[break]

[attr="class","notes"]

[break]
[attr="class","hpbar"]

3/4

[attr="class","credit1"]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[newclass=".gunstempbarnaby .hpbar"] width:200px; height:7px; border-radius:3px; background-color:#39db24; margin-top:5px; margin-bottom:5px; [/newclass]

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,740 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
POSTED ON Jan 3, 2024 7:15:22 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar

BARNABY FINCH

VCT

THE FIST LANDS A CRUEL BLOW AGAINST THE GLALIE’S SURFACE. it belts under the giant’s pressure. but not is all lost. for the impact allows it to response in kind, flash freezing a SHEER COLD at the point of contact.

9vHqrGRc

HP: 2/3
close tab

played by

Dove

Admin Bee
He / Him
April 12
Lumiose City, Kalos
Pansexual
Broadcast Journalist
Admin
if you're lonely
come be lonely with me
6'0" / 183 cm height
6'0" / 183 cm height
awards
2,202 posts
part of
TAG WITH @barnaby
BARNABY FINCH
POSTED ON Jan 3, 2024 7:49:17 GMT
BARNABY FINCH Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","body"]

Ice crystals flash across MELMETAL's steel fist, momentarily anchoring it to the street below. The titan rumbles its displeasure, causing windows from nearby buildings to reverberate ominously.[break][break]

"Come on, then. Break free!"[break][break]

MjxsrLbr

[break]

[attr="class","notes"]

[break]
[attr="class","hpbar"]

2/4

[attr="class","credit1"]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,740 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
POSTED ON Jan 3, 2024 8:18:26 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar

BARNABY FINCH

VCT

ICE CRAWLS ALONG ANY SURFACE IT CAN TOUCH. an opportune moment for the GLALIE to create spacing and prepare another attack. this time, it stays at mid-range, bellowing a thick BLIZZARD under raining skies.

VL1abKnR

HP: 1/3
close tab

played by

Dove

Admin Bee
He / Him
April 12
Lumiose City, Kalos
Pansexual
Broadcast Journalist
Admin
if you're lonely
come be lonely with me
6'0" / 183 cm height
6'0" / 183 cm height
awards
2,202 posts
part of
TAG WITH @barnaby
BARNABY FINCH
POSTED ON Jan 3, 2024 8:39:06 GMT
BARNABY FINCH Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","body"]

With one abrupt motion, MELMETAL pulls back and is able to wrest its fist free from the gripping ice. This offensive lapse leaves time for GLALIE to act, however — cause a tumultuous BLIZZARD to rock the battlefield.[break][break]

MELMETAL take on a defensive stance and protects itself with MAX GUARD. Snow and sharp ice crystals do nothing against the stalwart barrier.[break][break]

Asp26MKL

[break]

[attr="class","notes"]

[break]
[attr="class","hpbar"]

2/4

[attr="class","credit1"]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,740 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
POSTED ON Jan 3, 2024 8:44:14 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar

BARNABY FINCH

VCT

A BARRIER THAT PUTS SLATEPORT’S PROTECT TO SHAME. still, just because it has no effect doesn’t mean it dampers the GLALIE’s resolve. after it pauses to inhale, the pokemon immediately swaps to a more focused attempt, firing a DRY FREEZE instead.

Rs8LPY1t

HP: 0/3
close tab

played by

Dove

Admin Bee
He / Him
April 12
Lumiose City, Kalos
Pansexual
Broadcast Journalist
Admin
if you're lonely
come be lonely with me
6'0" / 183 cm height
6'0" / 183 cm height
awards
2,202 posts
part of
TAG WITH @barnaby
BARNABY FINCH
POSTED ON Jan 3, 2024 23:27:34 GMT
BARNABY FINCH Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","body"]

"End it." [break][break]

Moving to an offensive stance, MELMETAL endures the DRY FREEZE and brings its fists down to execute one final MAX STEELSPIKE. Metal spikes jut from the ground to skewer the GLALIE, eventually causing the Pokémon to faint.[break][break]

They'd won. [break][break]

After deactivating his DYNAMAX BAND and returning the MELMETAL to its Premier Ball, approaches with an extended hand.[break][break]

"Great match. I can see why you're one of Hoenn's most long-standing Gym Leaders." Sure, he automated most of his matches. But still!

[break][break]

[attr="class","notes"]

[break]
WIN

[attr="class","credit1"]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,740 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
POSTED ON Jan 10, 2024 1:13:25 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar

BARNABY FINCH

VCT

“HM.”

fernando takes his loss quite well. in fact, he’s apathetic to the outcome. what’s more important is his analysis of the new DYNAMAX phenomenon. how much of this victory was due to barnaby’s skills as a trainer, or the raw strength of his MELMETAL?

another tool for trainers to grasp now lie before them. how that transforms hoenn’s landscape remains to be seen. but here, with boots on the ground, he can keep a leg up before the rest of the region is taken by surprise.

an impressive battle, finch.

it ends with an extended hand. an olive branch meant to null the animosity of battle.

i didn’t know you were quite the battler.

and yet, even that is undercut with his own suspicions.

WDkh_|4M
close tab

played by

Dove

Admin Bee
He / Him
April 12
Lumiose City, Kalos
Pansexual
Broadcast Journalist
Admin
if you're lonely
come be lonely with me
6'0" / 183 cm height
6'0" / 183 cm height
awards
2,202 posts
part of
TAG WITH @barnaby
BARNABY FINCH
POSTED ON Jan 11, 2024 0:24:32 GMT
BARNABY FINCH Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","body"]

The olive branch is taken, but its stalk was tenuous at best. [break][break]

As always, however, plays the part of amiable celebrity. 's suspicions were met with seemingly sincere nescience and an upturned smile.[break][break]

"It's not a huge hobby of mine, no, but you know me. I like to keep up with the latest trends."[break][break]

And the Vital City Tournament was one of the best places to do just that. Big names from all around the world were gathered here. It would be foolish of him to miss out.[break][break]

"This Dynamaxing thing packs quite the punch, hm? Makes my mediocre skills seem almost passable."

[break][break]

[attr="class","notes"]

[break]
WIN

[attr="class","credit1"]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,740 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
POSTED ON Jan 31, 2024 7:26:02 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar

BARNABY FINCH

VCT

“AH,” is his way of overlooking an overly simple explanation.

while the implication may stunt others, it is, on it’s own, an outlook on the modern era. warriors of old are no longer dictated by routine practice and a life time of obligation to a craft. they are created in a split second. based on a singular arm’s race that can grace anyone the strength to craft their own destiny.

it seems so.

an eye strays to the ball at his hip.

and how easy it seemed for you to wield it in battle. not a hard addition to grasp, i take?

close tab

played by

Dove

Admin Bee
He / Him
April 12
Lumiose City, Kalos
Pansexual
Broadcast Journalist
Admin
if you're lonely
come be lonely with me
6'0" / 183 cm height
6'0" / 183 cm height
awards
2,202 posts
part of
TAG WITH @barnaby
BARNABY FINCH
POSTED ON Feb 1, 2024 1:32:31 GMT
BARNABY FINCH Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","body"]

"Did it really seem that way? That was all Melmetal, then."[break][break]

The DYNAMAX BAND on Barnaby's wrist jingled faintly as he tucked a wayward strand of hair behind his ear.[break][break]

"Well, it wasn't too bad. But once you've used a slew of other gimmicks like Mega Evolution and the like, what's one more?"[break][break]

had achieved his goal with this in mind — to practice and test the limitations of DYNAMAXING under the simple guise of a tournament participant. He'd be better prepared, now, whenever the ability was needed in the future.[break][break]

"Anyway, I've got another match scheduled soon, so I'll head out first! Good to see you again, Councilman. Good luck with the rest of your battles."

[break][break]

[attr="class","notes"]

[break]
WIN

[attr="class","credit1"]

[attr="class","pkmn"]