TAG WITH @marianne
Marianne Lovelace
MARIANNE VS BARNABY (VCT)
POSTED ON Jan 3, 2024 7:59:10 GMT
Marianne Lovelace Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","maritest"]
[attr="class","body"]

Why had she signed up for this again? Marianne felt positively overwhelmed by the sheer amount of people at the Vital City Tournament -- something she'd heard her mother complain about, often, during their Friday dinners. 'There are too many trainers loitering outside now,' apparently. 'You can't make eye contact with anyone without them trying to start something!'[break][break]

This was, somewhat, an exaggeration. Marianne had found no one much cared if she made eye contact with them, until she timidly signed up for the event out of curiosity and a fear of missing out more than anything else.[break][break]

Once she'd done so, though, it felt a bit like being thrown into the deep end of Clamperl diving.[break][break]

"Ah, sorry!" Marianne stammered as a man jostled past her, only to make the fatal mistake of staring right into his eyes. "Oh. Oh, no. You want to battle, don't you?" she said with a tiny, resigned sigh as her Klefki entered the field.[break][break]

But why did he look so familiar? Was he famous or something? Or just a frequent visitor of museums...?

TAGS[break]
NOTES – Vital City Tournament: Barnaby vs Marianne!

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]

[newclass=".maritest"]--accent:#ffb69e;font:13px Roboto;[/newclass]
[newclass=".maritest b"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".maritest i"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".maritest u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".maritest a"]font:13px Roboto;color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".maritest h1"]font:16px Roboto;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=".maritest h2"]font:14px Roboto;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=".maritest .body"]background-image:url("https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png");background-position:bottom;background-repeat:no-repeat;text-align:justify;[/newclass]
[newclass=".maritest .pkmn img"]margin:-10px -7px 0px -7px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".maritest .credit"]font-size:13px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Dove

Admin Bee
He / Him
April 12
Lumiose City, Kalos
Pansexual
Broadcast Journalist
Admin
if you're lonely
come be lonely with me
6'0" / 183 cm height
6'0" / 183 cm height
i fell for your magic. i tasted your skin. and though this is tragic, at least i found the end.
awards
2,202 posts
part of
TAG WITH @barnaby
BARNABY FINCH
POSTED ON Jan 3, 2024 23:34:52 GMT
BARNABY FINCH Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","gunstempbarnaby"]
[attr="class","body"]

"Only if you're up for it, of course," assured the mousy woman he'd accidentally bumped into. He honestly hadn't even seen her there and was completely prepared to move on after offering a quick apology.[break][break]

But then he noticed the VITAL GEAR she carried on her. A participant? didn't exactly look the part.[break][break]

Easy Vitals. He thought to himself while smiling earnestly at the woman.[break][break]

"Could be fun, though. How about it, hm?"

[break][break]

[attr="class","notes"]

[attr="class","credit1"]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[newclass=".gunstempbarnaby"]--accent:#796477;font:13px Poppins;[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunstempbarnaby b"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunstempbarnaby i"]color: #cecece; [/newclass]
[newclass=".gunstempbarnaby u"]font: 800 12px Quattrocento Sans; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 2px; text-decoration: none; color: #808080; [/newclass]
[newclass=".gunstempbarnaby a"]font: 13px Quattrocento Sans!important; letter-spacing: .5px; text-transform: lowercase; color: #796477; [/newclass]
[newclass=".gunstempbarnaby h1"]font:16px Roboto;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunstempbarnaby h2"]font:14px Roboto;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunstempbarnaby .body"]background-image:url("https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png");background-position:bottom;background-repeat:no-repeat;text-align:justify;color: #AAAAA6[/newclass]

[newclass=".gunstempbarnaby .notes"] background: #2b2b2b; border: 1px #232323 solid; border-radius: 3px; padding: 25px 15px 25px 15px; margin: 5px 7px 10px 8px; [/newclass]
[newclass=".gunstempbarnaby .pkmn img"]margin:-10px -7px 0px -7px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunstempbarnaby .credit1"]font-size:15px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Scarlet

Mary, Annie
She/Her
July 8
Lilycove City
Demisexual
Museum Coordinator
Civilian
WORK WIFE
it's all for you
5'2" height
5'2" height
couldn't possibly tell you how i feel, cuz i'm shy shy shy
awards
108 posts
part of
TAG WITH @marianne
Marianne Lovelace
POSTED ON Jan 4, 2024 3:37:45 GMT
Marianne Lovelace Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","body"]

She sucked in a deep breath as she mustered every bit of enthusiasm to agree to this, feeling woefully out of her element already. That 's Hydreigon had been a lot harder than she'd expected! Things were far more complicated on the battle than simple typing suggested.[break][break]

"Well I guess I'll start, then?" Marianne agreed, and though it wasn't really a question, her statement certainly had the lilt of one.[break][break]

As her Klefki entered the field it started things out with FOUL PLAY![break][break]

"Is someone, uh, filming this?"[break][break]

There was a suspiciously curious Rotom here...[break][break]

2o04Equo

Klefki HP: 3/3

TAGS[break]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]

[newclass=".maritest u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".maritest h1"]font:16px Roboto;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=".maritest h2"]font:14px Roboto;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=".maritest .body"]background-image:url("https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png");background-position:bottom;background-repeat:no-repeat;text-align:justify;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Dove

Admin Bee
He / Him
April 12
Lumiose City, Kalos
Pansexual
Broadcast Journalist
Admin
if you're lonely
come be lonely with me
6'0" / 183 cm height
6'0" / 183 cm height
i fell for your magic. i tasted your skin. and though this is tragic, at least i found the end.
awards
2,202 posts
part of
TAG WITH @barnaby
BARNABY FINCH
POSTED ON Jan 4, 2024 21:12:45 GMT
BARNABY FINCH Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","body"]

"You bet!" The journalist replied enthusiastically, giving the camera a bright smile and a little wink.[break][break]

"This tournament is all about media exposure. You should have signed a waiver or something like that when you entered as a participant."[break][break]

A lot of people never read the fine print, however, Barnaby noticed.[break][break]

"Alright, let's get going. Melmetal..."[break][break]

The behemoth creaked forward onto the field, taking the brunt of KLEFKI's FOUL PLAY without batting an eye. Not that it had one to begin with.[break][break]

"Earthquake!"[break][break]

o3n_HikU

[break]

[attr="class","notes"]

[break]
GIGANTAMAX MELMETAL[break]
(INACTIVE)
[break][break]
[attr="class","hpbar"]

4/4

[attr="class","credit1"]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[newclass=".gunstempbarnaby u"]font: 800 12px Quattrocento Sans; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 2px; text-decoration: none; color: #808080; [/newclass]
[newclass=".gunstempbarnaby a"]font: 13px Quattrocento Sans!important; letter-spacing: .5px; text-transform: lowercase; color: #796477; [/newclass]
[newclass=".gunstempbarnaby h1"]font:16px Roboto;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunstempbarnaby h2"]font:14px Roboto;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunstempbarnaby .body"]background-image:url("https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png");background-position:bottom;background-repeat:no-repeat;text-align:justify;color: #AAAAA6[/newclass]

[newclass=".gunstempbarnaby .hpbar"] width:200px; height:7px; border-radius:3px; background-color:#39db24; margin-top:5px; margin-bottom:5px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".gunstempbarnaby .notes"] background: #2b2b2b; border: 1px #232323 solid; border-radius: 3px; padding: 25px 15px 25px 15px; margin: 5px 7px 10px 8px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Scarlet

Mary, Annie
She/Her
July 8
Lilycove City
Demisexual
Museum Coordinator
Civilian
WORK WIFE
it's all for you
5'2" height
5'2" height
awards
108 posts
part of
TAG WITH @marianne
Marianne Lovelace
POSTED ON Jan 5, 2024 1:01:53 GMT
Marianne Lovelace Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","body"]

"Cameras? Waiver?!" Marianne barely had a moment to process this concerningly nightmarish information before the ground caved open beneath her feet, splitting apart in a powerful EARTHQUAKE. Only the vague reminder that this was being filmed kept her from letting out a scream of surprise, but the terror in her eyes was very real.[break][break]

Angel the Klefki let out an unhappy METAL SOUND as the ground closed in around her, dented and damaged by the shattering earth as she tried to lower her opponents' defenses.[break][break]

Marianne could barely stand to look. What a horribly unfortunate type matchup.[break][break]

This forced her attention to the man across from her, and recognition dawned in a sudden flash of clarity.[break][break]

"Hey wait! My mom watches your talk show. You're uh.... Barney Fowl, right?"[break][break]

She had never been much good at names.[break][break]

3x_3fX03

Klefki HP: 2/3

TAGS[break]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]

close tab

played by

Dove

Admin Bee
He / Him
April 12
Lumiose City, Kalos
Pansexual
Broadcast Journalist
Admin
if you're lonely
come be lonely with me
6'0" / 183 cm height
6'0" / 183 cm height
awards
2,202 posts
part of
TAG WITH @barnaby
BARNABY FINCH
POSTED ON Jan 5, 2024 23:40:10 GMT
BARNABY FINCH Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","body"]

Barney Fowl.
[break]

Well, that was a new one. [break][break]

"Close!" He replied with an understanding smile, feigning grace in what was admittedly quite an annoying situation. [break][break]

"Barnaby Finch. I'm happy to hear your mom enjoys the show." And with a wink he added, "She has good taste." [break][break]

But you don't. Was the implication, though he doubted this airhead would get it. Not when he was being so gracious with her.[break][break]

Meanwhile, the battle continued, with MELMETAL shuddering at the sudden cacophonous sound coming from the tiny KLEFKI. With its defenses down momentarily, it left the titan vulnerable to follow-up attacks.[break][break]

zJSOYsG3

[break]

[attr="class","notes"]

[break]
(INACTIVE)
[break][break]
[attr="class","hpbar"]

4/4

[attr="class","credit1"]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[newclass=".gunstempbarnaby .hpbar"] width:200px; height:7px; border-radius:3px; background-color:#39db24; margin-top:5px; margin-bottom:5px; [/newclass]

close tab

played by

Scarlet

Mary, Annie
She/Her
July 8
Lilycove City
Demisexual
Museum Coordinator
Civilian
WORK WIFE
it's all for you
5'2" height
5'2" height
awards
108 posts
part of
TAG WITH @marianne
Marianne Lovelace
POSTED ON Jan 8, 2024 23:14:41 GMT
Marianne Lovelace Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","body"]

Oh, gosh. Oh, no. How embarrassing. Marianne's face colored a particularly soft shade of pink as her hands knotted together, mortified at making such a faux paus not only in front of Barney -- Barnaby? Yes, that's right, Barnaby -- but also filmed on camera.[break][break]

She desperately wanted to crawl into the nearest hole and die.[break][break]

"I have a bit of a less-than-perfect memory," she said sheepishly, although if you'd seen her give a tour of the museum, that seem very untrue. Her brain was just a bit particular on the things it chose to remember, that's all. And celebrities weren't rated especially high in her memory banks.[break][break]

Which would be a rude thing to say, she figured, so she didn't.[break][break]

Struggling on the precipice of defeat, her Klefki valiantly pushed back with FAIRY WIND, hoping to buffet the Melmetal with a gust of pink wind.[break][break]

"I'm sure, uh, your fans will be very impressed by your Melmetal," she said instead, hoping to make up for the tactless opening with a compliment. "You fight really well!"[break][break]

_Y1ZHdwj

Klefki HP: 1/3

TAGS[break]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]

close tab

played by

Dove

Admin Bee
He / Him
April 12
Lumiose City, Kalos
Pansexual
Broadcast Journalist
Admin
if you're lonely
come be lonely with me
6'0" / 183 cm height
6'0" / 183 cm height
awards
2,202 posts
part of
TAG WITH @barnaby
BARNABY FINCH
POSTED ON Jan 11, 2024 1:07:46 GMT
BARNABY FINCH Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","body"]

"Well thank you~ I knew bringing this hunk of tin would pay off. It does most of the work for me, you see."[break][break]

Speaking of, MELMETAL was having quite the dominating time on the field. It seemed that KLEFKI's attacks did little to deter it. Electricity sparked from its fist, ready to be unleased.[break][break]

One decisive THUNDER PUNCH was all that was needed to end the battle.[break][break]

"You're not too bad yourself. Looks like I'll be taking the win, however."[break][break]

dMd809Yb

[break]

[attr="class","notes"]

[break]
(INACTIVE)
[break][break]
[attr="class","hpbar"]

4/4

[attr="class","credit1"]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

close tab

played by

Scarlet

Mary, Annie
She/Her
July 8
Lilycove City
Demisexual
Museum Coordinator
Civilian
WORK WIFE
it's all for you
5'2" height
5'2" height
awards
108 posts
part of
TAG WITH @marianne
Marianne Lovelace
POSTED ON Jan 11, 2024 1:26:58 GMT
Marianne Lovelace Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","body"]

"I guess my hunk of tin could learn a lot from your hunk of tin!" Marianne said, attempting to... wait, was she making finger guns? Yeah, oh god, she was making finger guns, why. Anyway, the retort had sounded way wittier in her head, but it sounded really, really dumb when said aloud.[break][break]

Did she mention she hated cameras? She super duper hated cameras.[break][break]

"Anyway, thank you so much for the battle, Lynch!" she said, moving to shake his hand. "You're such an impressive battler, my mom will be so excited to hear all about it. She thinks you can basically do no wrong, so this will make her day."[break][break]

Maybe babbling compliments would distract him from how very embarrassing this entire encounter had been.[break][break]

Hopefully stupider things would be circulating on Poketube than this...[break][break]

LOSS

Klefki HP: 0/3

TAGS[break]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]

close tab

played by

Dove

Admin Bee
He / Him
April 12
Lumiose City, Kalos
Pansexual
Broadcast Journalist
Admin
if you're lonely
come be lonely with me
6'0" / 183 cm height
6'0" / 183 cm height
awards
2,202 posts
part of
TAG WITH @barnaby
BARNABY FINCH
POSTED ON Jan 12, 2024 0:39:39 GMT
BARNABY FINCH Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","body"]

"Finch."[break][break]

There was an edge to the journalist's tone as he corrected .[break][break]

Almost immediately, however, his voiced softened as he added, "Wouldn't want your mother getting confused when you're retelling the story, hm?"[break][break]

With that, Barnaby inclined his head toward his MELMETAL, signaling for the Pokémon to follow as they exited the field.[break][break]

"Good luck with the rest of your battles." He said, waving a lazy hand over his shoulder as he departed.

[break][break]

[attr="class","notes"]

[attr="class","credit1"]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,912 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
POSTED ON Jan 12, 2024 4:49:28 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]VCT COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: