snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist, alchemist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
you caged me and then you called me crazy; i am what i am 'cause you trained me.
awards
4,130 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
vct: roy vs illeana
POSTED ON Jan 3, 2024 17:39:35 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illeana"]
[attr="class","illeana b"]
[attr="class","illeana i"]"long time no see!"

the scientist's resulting smile is friendly, as if she considers him somewhat of a friend instead of an acquaintance.

her eevee mews in greeting, tail wagging, and she flushes slightly for they don't look like much, do they?

"good luck today."

on her wrist, a dynamax band glows a faint red almost ominously as she waits for him to ready himself.

[newclass=.illeana] text-align: justify; text-transform: lowercase; font-size: 12px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.illeana b] color: #E37474; font-size: 13px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.illeana i] text-decoration: underline dotted #E37474; font-size: 13px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Teal

Roy
He/Him
twenty-six
May 02
Rustboro City, Hoenn
Heterosexual
Trainer
Civilian
Single
6'01" height
6'01" height
get out of my way
awards
312 posts
Roy Aker DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @roy
Roy Aker
POSTED ON Jan 3, 2024 18:29:24 GMT
Roy Aker Avatar
[attr="class","roythread"] "You too."

She was the last person he expected to be a competitor. Even then, he felt comfortable challenging a familiar face. It didn't matter if she was part of the league. He took no issue with taking down both the scientist and her tiny pet.

"Try and keep up."

This was his way of being playful. He's not even cautious of her potential. With his pockets equipped with his palms, Roy was ready for the ranger to make her first move.

Stationed on his side of the arena, Balmung was already in his battle stance. He tilted his teeth towards the sky and barfed up a flame followed by a roar. It was time to fight.

[attr="class","hgssnote"]Mega Evolution users receive a +20 modifier to any two consecutive rolls. These two rolls cannot be split.
[attr="class","hgssnotearw"]

[attr="class","roypkmnlist"]

[googlefont=Lato]
[newclass=.roythread]border: solid 1px #232323; border-radius: 5px; background-color: #2b2b2b; padding: 50px; margin:25px 75px 0px 110px; letter-spacing: .25px; font-size: 12px; line-height: 15px; background-image: url(https://i.imgur.com/vHgHpBo.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom left; font: 12px Lato; letter-spacing:.5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.roythread b]font-weight:bold; color: #32b1e4;[/newclass]
[newclass=.roythread img]width: 100px; height: 100px; border-radius: 3px; margin: 4px 15px 7px 1px; overflow: hidden; padding: 9px; border: solid 1px #aaa; float: left; background: #232323; mix-blend-mode: lighten;[/newclass]
[newclass=.roypkmnlist]display:flex;justify-content:center; align-items:center; margin-top:-25px; margin-left: 35px; opacity: 0.9; filter: grayscale(10%);margin-bottom: -50px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.hgssnote]text-align:left; border-image-slice: 22 22 22 22; border-image-width: 22px 22px 22px 22px; border-image-outset: 22px 22px 22px 22px; border-image-source: url("https://i.imgur.com/XNXdQk2.png"); border-style: solid; background: #aaa; font: 11px Calibri; letter-spacing:.5px; color: #232323; padding:5px; margin: 10px 0;[/newclass]
[newclass=.hgssnotearw]background:url("https://i.imgur.com/f2hSe9a.gif"); width: 7px; height: 10px; float: right; margin-right:-19px; margin-top: 5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.roythread .vdice-box]background:#272727;[/newclass][newclass=.roythread .vdice-value]color: #32b1e4;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist, alchemist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
you caged me and then you called me crazy; i am what i am 'cause you trained me.
awards
4,130 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
POSTED ON Jan 4, 2024 17:18:51 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illeana"]
[attr="class","illeana i"]a light scoff escapes. is he joking?

"uh huh... whatever you say."

she'll simply taunt him when she manages to land a hit.

for now, her eevee starts off a little slow with a round or two of sparkling swift. simple, effecient... unsuspecting.

the dynamax band on her wrist glows a little brighter but otherwise stays idle. next round, perhaps.

wdSRttPw

hp | 4/4

[newclass=.illeana] text-align: justify; text-transform: lowercase; font-size: 12px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.illeana i] text-decoration: underline dotted #E37474; font-size: 13px; [/newclass]

close tab

played by

Teal

Roy
He/Him
twenty-six
May 02
Rustboro City, Hoenn
Heterosexual
Trainer
Civilian
Single
6'01" height
6'01" height
get out of my way
awards
312 posts
Roy Aker DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @roy
Roy Aker
POSTED ON Jan 4, 2024 17:58:06 GMT
Roy Aker Avatar
[attr="class","roythread"] A grin escapes him, and his teeth are revealed. All is fair in love and war.

"Show her what you got."

His words aren't as loud and have trouble crossing the arena. They're designated for Balmung. Unfortunately, the woman's small fox would unleash a barrage of stars on the dragon before he's given a chance to move. Using his wings as a shield, the charizard appears to may no mind to the damage caused by the eevee. It was as if it did no damage at all.

"Now."

Out of the smoke and debris caused by swift, Balmung uses his shields to close the distance between the two. With an arm pulled back, a surge of electricity dances across his claws. If the charizard were to make contact, it would unleash an electrifying jab into the small little rodent.

[attr="class","hgssnote"]Mega Evolution users receive a +20 modifier to any two consecutive rolls. These two rolls cannot be split.

C4IFTeWQ

3/3

[googlefont=Lato]
[newclass=.roythread]border: solid 1px #232323; border-radius: 5px; background-color: #2b2b2b; padding: 50px; margin:25px 75px 0px 110px; letter-spacing: .25px; font-size: 12px; line-height: 15px; background-image: url(https://i.imgur.com/vHgHpBo.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom left; font: 12px Lato; letter-spacing:.5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.roythread img]width: 100px; height: 100px; border-radius: 3px; margin: 4px 15px 7px 1px; overflow: hidden; padding: 9px; border: solid 1px #aaa; float: left; background: #232323; mix-blend-mode: lighten;[/newclass]
[newclass=.roypkmnlist]display:flex;justify-content:center; align-items:center; margin-top:-25px; margin-left: 35px; opacity: 0.9; filter: grayscale(10%);margin-bottom: -50px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.hgssnote]text-align:left; border-image-slice: 22 22 22 22; border-image-width: 22px 22px 22px 22px; border-image-outset: 22px 22px 22px 22px; border-image-source: url("https://i.imgur.com/XNXdQk2.png"); border-style: solid; background: #aaa; font: 11px Calibri; letter-spacing:.5px; color: #232323; padding:5px; margin: 10px 0;[/newclass]
[newclass=.hgssnotearw]background:url("https://i.imgur.com/f2hSe9a.gif"); width: 7px; height: 10px; float: right; margin-right:-19px; margin-top: 5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.roythread .vdice-box]background:#272727;[/newclass][newclass=.roythread .vdice-value]color: #32b1e4;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist, alchemist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,130 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
POSTED ON Jan 6, 2024 1:01:35 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illeana"]
[attr="class","illeana i"]"hmph."

it's a soft, slightly annoyed sort of noise that escapes after his charizard jabs her eevee right in the side with an electric fist.

"let's kick it up a notch."

spoken to her eevee, the encouragement is enough to warrant the eevee to swish its tail and recover quicker from the electricity clinging to its fur.

her hand rises, then, and the dynamax band on her wrist begins to glow. her eevee grows in size until it's a giant behemoth of fluff staring down at roy and balmung. from its new, taller position, the gigantamax eevee fires off a few shadow balls down at his charizard.

NLIgLvQo

hp | 4/4

close tab

played by

Teal

Roy
He/Him
twenty-six
May 02
Rustboro City, Hoenn
Heterosexual
Trainer
Civilian
Single
6'01" height
6'01" height
get out of my way
awards
312 posts
Roy Aker DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @roy
Roy Aker
POSTED ON Jan 6, 2024 18:27:54 GMT
Roy Aker Avatar
[attr="class","roythread"] "What the hell is that...?"

Both the trainer and his charizard are startled by the eevee's transformation. The concept of Gigantamax was not new to the pair, but they had never been this close to it before. They also didn't expect it out of Illeana and her little pet. Regardless, Roy's expression quickly shifts from surprise to joy. He feels challenged and for some reason, and this strengthens his interest into both the woman and the battle at hand.

"It's your turn."

Dragged from the contents of his pocket, a clenched fist rests in front of the trainer's chest. A sudden glow slips through the cracks of his fingers and both the trainer and his pokemon are engulfed by infinity energy. The spectacle is abruptly ended by a gust of wind that defends against the shadowy artillery.

A new black dragon stands before the colossal mammal, with flames of blue leaking through its jaws. It launches from the ground to attack with another punch that's consumed with the very flame pouring from its mouth.

enDwtB2B+20

2/3

[googlefont=Lato]
close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist, alchemist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,130 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
POSTED ON Jan 6, 2024 23:49:12 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illeana"]
[attr="class","illeana i"]despite the call for seriousness to prove she's not a pushover, she can't help the tinkering laughter that escapes with their reactions. something about the way surprise splashes across his face is amusing... if only for a little while. and as it shifts into joy, she feels her smile dipping its toes into a playful grin.

"new trick... you like?"

she almost looks a little smug, as if she's proud to have caught him off guard. it falters with the shifting of his charizard from regular form into a mega evolved form. this is fine, she reasons. she can handle this. she can handle him.

his charizard flies up, then, and her eevee cannot move as efficiently in this form. the blue-flame wrapped fist is simply taken by the eevee, the additional fluff acting as a small cushion against the resulting pain from the charizard's punch.

and after a moment, her eevee strikes back against the mega charizard with g-max cuddle.

I5ZcYkA5

hp | 3/4

close tab

played by

Teal

Roy
He/Him
twenty-six
May 02
Rustboro City, Hoenn
Heterosexual
Trainer
Civilian
Single
6'01" height
6'01" height
get out of my way
awards
312 posts
Roy Aker DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @roy
Roy Aker
POSTED ON Jan 9, 2024 6:20:19 GMT
Roy Aker Avatar
[attr="class","roythread"] "You could say that."

His grin continues through his response. Even if it was cute, Gigantamax Eevee was quite threatening in its design and that was mostly thanks to its sheer size. Regardless, Roy embraced the challenge. To him, there was no better opponent to test the power of infinity energy.

"Again."

A simple one-word command is all the dragon needed. In one swift motion, Balmung avoided the fox's attack and contributed his own. Instead of his fist, his entire body was now engulfed by the blue flame. Balmung used Outrage.

795Dqi9L+20

2/3

[googlefont=Lato]
close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist, alchemist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,130 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
POSTED ON Jan 9, 2024 6:27:07 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illeana"]
[attr="class","illeana i"]whether he actually likes the dynamax phenomena or not, it doesn't matter - she'll still use it to push him out of the victor's seat. cuteness is merely a bonus here.

"counter."

the eevee, despite its giant size, is not as slow as one would think. the outrage is countered by the slapping of its paw into the charizard's body in a quick attack slap. the gigantamax eevee feels the sting from outrage, sure, but will it deter her? no.

Yno587dc

hp | 2/4

close tab

played by

Teal

Roy
He/Him
twenty-six
May 02
Rustboro City, Hoenn
Heterosexual
Trainer
Civilian
Single
6'01" height
6'01" height
get out of my way
awards
312 posts
Roy Aker DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @roy
Roy Aker
POSTED ON Jan 9, 2024 18:29:23 GMT
Roy Aker Avatar
[attr="class","roythread"] Both Roy and his charizard were still getting used to Mega Evolution. Balmung was only capable of using it in small bursts. He needed more training if he wanted to last longer.

Outrage took every remaining bit of infinity energy left in the pokemon. As soon as the move made contact, he reverted to his previous form. This enforced a wave of exhaustion over the pokemon, but he wasn't done yet. He still needed to win.

"Move."

Roy's order was basic, but Balmung understood it immediately. The woman ordered a counterattack and if the dragon wanted a chance in this game, he needed to avoid getting hit. Engulfing his fists with electricity, Balmung channels a new attack in response. If the Eevee misses, the dragon would return a thunderous punch to the fox's exterior.

q3MrGgrX

2/3

[googlefont=Lato]
close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist, alchemist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,130 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
POSTED ON Jan 9, 2024 18:45:50 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illeana"]
[attr="class","illeana i"]unfortunately, they're in a bad way against roy now...

his charizard has knocked around her eevee one too many times and while the eevee is still in a massive form, it's quickly growing apparent that she cannot take much more. exhaustion has begun to settle in.

though, perhaps, his charizard is feeling the same effects of the battle.

"go."

the electric punch is met with another quick attack slap - a battle of wills. eevee's paw falters but continues to try to swipe the charizard off its feet all the same. illeana watches with mild anxiety and a hope to not lose.

kJ5XI2of

hp | 1/4

close tab

played by

Teal

Roy
He/Him
twenty-six
May 02
Rustboro City, Hoenn
Heterosexual
Trainer
Civilian
Single
6'01" height
6'01" height
get out of my way
awards
312 posts
Roy Aker DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @roy
Roy Aker
POSTED ON Jan 9, 2024 18:59:40 GMT
Roy Aker Avatar
[attr="class","roythread"] This kind of resilience was noteworthy. Roy didn't expect this out of his opponent. Like her owner, this giant fox refused to give up. In spite of this, the draconid was having a blast.

"Again."

Successful in both avoiding the eevee's attack and throwing in one of his own, Balmung was just as ready as his partner to end this fight. Using his wings to navigate the giant's exterior, the dragon left a trail across her fur. He needed to do the same thing again. If he could elude the creature's quick attack, he would return with another thunder punch. This is all he needed to finish the fight.

pcBxh7xJ

2/3

[googlefont=Lato]
close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist, alchemist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,130 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
POSTED ON Jan 9, 2024 19:15:08 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illeana"]
[attr="class","illeana i"]with a tenacity she's never quite shown before in battle, both the scientist and her fluffy eevee refuse to go down without a fight.

she feels anxiety further creep into her body as his charizard begins to trail around her eevee's body, but anything can happen... can't it?

they could win this.

she wants to win this.

"take it down."

the final move her eevee uses is another g-max cuddle, using its paws to grab at the charizard and pull it close. if the eevee manages to grab hold of his charizard, she'd bring it close for a big cuddle to leave it infatuated.

6Tll6n9p

hp | 1/4

close tab

played by

Teal

Roy
He/Him
twenty-six
May 02
Rustboro City, Hoenn
Heterosexual
Trainer
Civilian
Single
6'01" height
6'01" height
get out of my way
awards
312 posts
Roy Aker DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @roy
Roy Aker
POSTED ON Jan 9, 2024 19:31:43 GMT
Roy Aker Avatar
[attr="class","roythread"] This is it. It's the last exchange to determine the victor of this Vital Battle. To Roy, he was just happy to participate. This was his first real experience with a dynamax pokemon and he was happy to face it with his new Key Stone. Even if they were to lose, Roy and Balmung would grow stronger. Ultimately, this is what he was here for.

"Pull it together. Finish this thing."

Balmung is still recovering from the successful attack from before, but he's not done yet. With an abrupt shake to his snout, he's back to normal. He decides to go all out on his final strike. Using his wings to battle gravity once more, the fire-type sails to a position above his gigantic opponent. Igniting his body in flame, Balmung hurdles his body like a bullet towards his target.

The battle could go either way.

KRqQ0ISP

1/3

[googlefont=Lato]
close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist, alchemist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,130 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
POSTED ON Jan 9, 2024 19:39:43 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illeana"]
[attr="class","illeana i"]his charizard descends upon her eevee like a bullet and she doesn't need to watch entirely to know the end...

for they have lost this battle of wills and her expression crumples as her eevee falls - defeated.

her eevee is recalled after the dust settles for a rest in her pokeball.

and with little else to do, illeana approaches from her side of the field. a gentle hand is extended toward roy and despite her loss, she still offers a small smile.

"good fight - congrats on winning!"

hp | 0/4