Saffron City
Bi
administrative assistant
Officer
dead flowers
pressed against my lips
156 cm // 5'1" height
156 cm // 5'1" height
oceans of angels, oceans of stars, down by the sea is where you drown your scars
awards
995 posts
part of
TAG WITH @2baki
Hyakkaryōran Tsubaki
VCT: KYLE VS BAKI
POSTED ON Jan 4, 2024 3:42:31 GMT
Hyakkaryōran Tsubaki Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","petalbasetsu4"]
[attr="class","star1tsu4"]
[attr="class","circleoutline1tsu4"]

[attr="class","starimgtsu4"]

[attr="class","star2tsu4"]"How's life, Lopez? Navy ain't givin' you a hard time, is he?"[break][break]

Baki greets the reigning champ in an overly familiar tone, no reverence paid at all to his title or his position. She's met the man briefly once before, but that meeting taught her all she needed to know about the champ. Formality was the last thing on his mind, and she was eager to be rid of that herself.[break][break]

"You gonna let me be Champ when I beat you, right?"[break][break]

She grins. Sumire slithers forward before rising to her full height, unfurling her hood. Markings the color of blood are painted in a grotesque face. A violent hiss accompanies the motion, preparing for battle, the thing the Arbok lives for. [break][break]

"That man's gonna be so jealous."[break][break]

[attr="class","star3tsu4"]
[attr="class","petalpoketsu4"]
[attr="class","rouxcredittsu4"]

[newclass=.petalbasetsu4]font:11px roboto;--accent:#d5bed2;[/newclass]
[newclass=.petalbasetsu4]max-width: 450px; height: auto;border: 1px solid #1a1a1a; border-radius: 10px; overflow: hidden; background: #252525;
[/newclass]
[newclass=.star1tsu4]border-radius: 10px 10px 0px 0; max-width: 460px; height: 220px; background: url(https://i.imgur.com/ZtFj789.png), rgb(160, 132, 155, 0.65); background-blend-mode: luminosity; background-attachment: fixed; background-size: contain; display: flex; justify-content: center; align-items: center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.starimgtsu4]width: 100px; height: 100px; position: relative; border-radius: 100%; object-fit: cover;[/newclass]
[newclass=.starimgtsu4 img]height:100px;width:100px;border-radius:100%;[/newclass]
[newclass=.star2tsu4]width: 350px; padding: 20px; font-size: 13px; text-align: justify; color: #eee; margin: 20px 0px 20px 0px; border-radius: 5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.petalpoketsu4]text-align: center; margin: 0 auto; [/newclass]
[newclass=.petalpoketsu4 img]margin-top:0px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.circleoutline1tsu4]border-radius: 100%; width: 120px; height: 120px; background: var(--accent); opacity: 0.3; position: absolute; [/newclass]
[newclass=.star2tsu4 b]font-weight: bold; color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=.star2tsu4 i]text-decoration:italic; color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=.star3tsu4] border-radius: 0px 0px 0px 0; max-width: 460px; height: 50px; background: url(https://i.imgur.com/ZtFj789.png), rgb(160, 132, 155, 0.65); background-blend-mode: luminosity; background-attachment: fixed; background-size: contain; display: flex; text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.rouxcredittsu4]align:right; color:#AB4646; font-size:10px; text-align:right; padding:10px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
Join my dream it's just the right time, woah
awards
6,471 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
POSTED ON Jan 4, 2024 11:16:43 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
"it's really funny how he involved himself with a lot of work after saying the league life doesn't fit him," he'd tell tsubaki. somehow, navy really did waste no time trying to fit his role.

he would snitch more about the gym leader's other misdemeanors but the follow up question piques his interests.

"i really would have if i could," he whines. despite his nature, he still was a law-abiding citizen.

his poochyena comes out of its ball to match the arbok. it was almost comical how two of the closest people to someone who was trying to play hero have stereotypical villain pokemon as their partners for the tournament.

as he activates his sygna suit, a thought comes to mind. "hey, do you know how else he'd be jealous?" it was more quizzical in nature than him asking a question.

close tab

played by

Nagato

Baki
She/Her
December 21
Saffron City
Bi
administrative assistant
Officer
dead flowers
pressed against my lips
156 cm // 5'1" height
156 cm // 5'1" height
oceans of angels, oceans of stars, down by the sea is where you drown your scars
awards
995 posts
part of
TAG WITH @2baki
Hyakkaryōran Tsubaki
POSTED ON Jan 8, 2024 2:50:52 GMT
[nospaces]

[attr="class","star2tsu4"]Sumire stares down at the Poochyena with a gleam in her eye. The look is unmistakable. She's hungry. [break][break]

"C'mon, think of the look on his face! Man finally finishes his challenge and walks in to see me!"[break][break]

Despite the banter, she's all business. She steps into a ready stance, and her Arbok follows suit, rearing back. She's taller than her master at height, and has that same intimidating look in her eye, a predator sizing up her prey. The glare sends chills down her opponent's spine.[break][break]

"What else ya got in mind?"[break][break]

6iQI0qCJ
[break][break]

+ [break]
+ 3/3 [break]
+ Sumire (Arbok) uses Glare!

[newclass=.petalbasetsu4]max-width: 450px; height: auto;border: 1px solid #1a1a1a; border-radius: 10px; overflow: hidden; background: #252525;
[/newclass]
[newclass=.star1tsu4]border-radius: 10px 10px 0px 0; max-width: 460px; height: 220px; background: url(https://i.imgur.com/ZtFj789.png), rgb(160, 132, 155, 0.65); background-blend-mode: luminosity; background-attachment: fixed; background-size: contain; display: flex; justify-content: center; align-items: center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.starimgtsu4]width: 100px; height: 100px; position: relative; border-radius: 100%; object-fit: cover;[/newclass]
[newclass=.starimgtsu4 img]height:100px;width:100px;border-radius:100%;[/newclass]
[newclass=.star2tsu4]width: 350px; padding: 20px; font-size: 13px; text-align: justify; color: #eee; margin: 20px 0px 20px 0px; border-radius: 5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.circleoutline1tsu4]border-radius: 100%; width: 120px; height: 120px; background: var(--accent); opacity: 0.3; position: absolute; [/newclass]
[newclass=.star3tsu4] border-radius: 0px 0px 0px 0; max-width: 460px; height: 50px; background: url(https://i.imgur.com/ZtFj789.png), rgb(160, 132, 155, 0.65); background-blend-mode: luminosity; background-attachment: fixed; background-size: contain; display: flex; text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.rouxcredittsu4]align:right; color:#AB4646; font-size:10px; text-align:right; padding:10px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,471 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
POSTED ON Jan 13, 2024 3:53:11 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
"start a band without him," he answers bluntly.

the poochyena freezes at the sight of the arbok. its limbs tense up as they attempt to move under the paralysis, but his body fails him on the task.

forced to remain in place, the poochyena wishes for things to happen that breaks him out of the trance that the glare from the poison-type stuck him in.

"do you know any instruments?" he asks her. "i can teach you if you don't."

bonus points if she plays something other than the instrument that navy prefers. as far as he knows, is pretty much wedded to the idea of guitars rather than other positions in a band.

jlSuCl|R (+10)
3/3 hp

close tab

played by

Nagato

Baki
She/Her
December 21
Saffron City
Bi
administrative assistant
Officer
dead flowers
pressed against my lips
156 cm // 5'1" height
156 cm // 5'1" height
awards
995 posts
part of
TAG WITH @2baki
Hyakkaryōran Tsubaki
POSTED ON Jan 23, 2024 1:49:46 GMT
[nospaces]

[attr="class","star2tsu4"]The defiant stare of the poochyena causes the giant snake to hiss. She rises to her full height, ready to dart toward the small canine. But her trainer is frozen in fear of her own.[break][break]

"Wh-- who... who told you THAT!?"[break][break]

The normally cool, calm, and collected (if aggressive) Tsubaki falters, her cheeks turning bright red. Her Arbok responds to the sudden change in the woman's demeanor, snapping at the poochyena with poison fangs while she just stands there, echoing what Tsubaki would like to do to Kyle. Instead, she just stammers. [break][break]

"M-maybe I do, maybe I don't." [break][break]

Fuck.[break][break]

What's the point hiding it if Gods, aliens, or worse are gonna wipe out the region by tomorrow? She clenches her fist tight enough her nails draw blood from her palm, and steels her heart.[break][break]

"... M-... maybe I sing, and play bass a little."[break][break]

v80ejHQz
[break][break]

+ [break]
+ Morale damage! 2/3 [break]
+ Sumire (Arbok) uses Poison Fang! [break]
+ Tera: Even numbers add +15! (111)

[/newclass]
close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,471 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
POSTED ON Jan 27, 2024 7:27:31 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
kyle tilts his head with a blank smile as her reaction causes him his own confusion. he wonders if it's a sensitive topic, but it's pushed aside by his own knack for causing grief to his close friends.

he's brought back to reality when the sound of his poochyena's yip hits his ears. it tries to fire back with its dragon hammer to drive the arbok away after sinking its fangs on it.

"oh!" he guesses a connection. "but that's the perfect for navy's position in a band."

he does prefer being the lead guitarist after all.

"maybe i'll practice the drums," he muses. "he'll freak out if he finds out we can do a band without him. do you have any ideas for who you want as the guitarist?"

i2jvOm9y (+10)
3/3 hp

close tab

played by

Nagato

Baki
She/Her
December 21
Saffron City
Bi
administrative assistant
Officer
dead flowers
pressed against my lips
156 cm // 5'1" height
156 cm // 5'1" height
awards
995 posts
part of
TAG WITH @2baki
Hyakkaryōran Tsubaki
POSTED ON Jan 28, 2024 4:12:42 GMT
[nospaces]

[attr="class","star2tsu4"]Baki looks at him in disbelief. [break][break]

Was he joking? Or was he serious? [break][break]

With this guy it was always hard to tell.[break][break]

"The... the lead and rhythm on m-my songs 're Sakura 'n' Momiji, my Toxtricity. But..."[break][break]

She seems embarrassed to speak about it. The shock of Kyle's question disarms her in a way she'd ordinarily guard against. At the end of the day, was this brazen, devil-may-care the difference between them? The reason he was champ, and she was just...[break][break]

"... Nobody. Can't think of... [break][break]

"Wait. Not a guitarist per-se, but... been following for a while, he's got a good ear."
[break][break]

Sumire reels back out of the Dragon Hammer's way, contesting it with her tail covered in blue flames. The little poochyena holding its own against a giant snake like her is a testament to the champ's tenacity. That, or he's a drill sergeant behind closed doors.[break][break]

9gLyZhQ0
[break][break]

+ [break]
+ 2/3 [break]
+ Sumire (Arbok) uses Dragon Tail! [break]

[/newclass]
close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,471 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
POSTED ON Jan 30, 2024 3:42:49 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
"if he wants to take drums, then i can play the lead instead."

he isn't sure who is, but if tsubaki knows him, then he won't question recruitment when it comes to it.

"but that's the bare minimum for a rock band."

kyle starts imagining them just jamming out in navy's office while he walks in, subconsciously leaving his poochyena to fight the arbok alone.

still, it was one of the moments where the champion was interested in something, and the enthusiasm bleeds through the sygna suit enough to empower the poochyena. it hits with a second dragon hammer, clashing with the arbok's tail that manages to throw him away from the ensuing impact.

"it might be too much just to mess with him though. what do you think?"

3yWg_UfA (+10)
2/3 hp

close tab

played by

Nagato

Baki
She/Her
December 21
Saffron City
Bi
administrative assistant
Officer
dead flowers
pressed against my lips
156 cm // 5'1" height
156 cm // 5'1" height
awards
995 posts
part of
TAG WITH @2baki
Hyakkaryōran Tsubaki
POSTED ON Jan 30, 2024 6:54:50 GMT
[nospaces]

[attr="class","star2tsu4"]"Y-you're the childhood friend, aren't you?"[break][break]

Baki deflects at first.[break][break]

"Don't think he's the kind where that matters. Seems like Navy can handle about anything."[break][break]

Forming a band... ? [break][break]

All she'd managed was demos in the garage when everyone was away. Rehearsals to the rattata in the abandoned underground of Saffron. Imagining performing in front of anyone gave the usually-fearless delinquent a taste of what ordinary people probably felt when they were in the presence of someone like her.[break][break]

All except .[break][break]

"But. [break][break]

"It'd be... a great prank, that's for sure!"
[break][break]

The dust clears, and Sumire hisses at the small canine. A quarter her size, easily, and he held off her attack. The mobility of the agile pup gives it strength. She hisses, leaping toward him, coiling her massive body around him.[break][break]

JfiNLL2d
[break][break]

+ [break]
+ 1/3 [break]
+ Sumire (Arbok) uses Wrap! [break]

[/newclass]
close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,471 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
POSTED ON Jan 31, 2024 3:28:51 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
"that's settled then! we just need to get his schedule, run a jam session, and-"

the poocheyna's bark brings him back to the fight.

with the arbok wrapped around it, the dark-type tries to wriggle out free from its hold. in the verge of giving up, it dips into a pool underneath it with shadow sneak to escape its grip.

"-time it as soon as he gets back from whichever work trip he decided to take that day."

was a busy man. surely, he'd be too tired to join in on a jam session if it's presented to him late at the day, resulting to an ultimate cockblock from one of his hobbies.

mMn|gezp (+10)
2/3 hp

close tab

played by

Nagato

Baki
She/Her
December 21
Saffron City
Bi
administrative assistant
Officer
dead flowers
pressed against my lips
156 cm // 5'1" height
156 cm // 5'1" height
awards
995 posts
part of
TAG WITH @2baki
Hyakkaryōran Tsubaki
POSTED ON Jan 31, 2024 5:36:40 GMT
[nospaces]

[attr="class","star2tsu4"]"Then, it's settled..."[break][break]

Baki says it with the reluctance of signing her death warrant. All the same, she does agree to join in.[break][break]

"I've got Navy's schedule, if you wanna take a look later."[break][break]

Her Rotom phone contains not just the data of the councilwoman's schedule and important docs, but also the dewford sheriff's office as well. would be lost without her. To that end, she could easily use that to sabotage him by organizing this super cool jam sesh he had no time for.[break][break]

Sumire squeezes her body tight, confused by the way the poochyena slipped out of her grasp. Eyeing the small canine, she pursues him and tries to crush him beneath her weight. [break][break]

zElTm5cK
[break][break]

+ [break]
+ 1/3 [break]
+ Sumire (Arbok) uses Crunch! [break]

[/newclass]
close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,471 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
POSTED ON Jan 31, 2024 5:46:53 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
the chase for the poochyena leaves the pokemon with a fight-or-flight choice. it already exhausted its flight response, leaving it to throw everything to fight.

as the poochyena turns around from its escape, weary from the earlier squeeze, it stands its ground and attacks back with a dragon hammer, leaving the conclusion to the last decisive clash between the two pokemon.

"oh, just send me which date you think would work best. i'll work my schedule around it."

he is the epitome of sloth within the ranks of the league, and conversely, sacrifice any free time and energy he would have if it meant doing something that catches his interest.

2LIhi1uo (+10)
1/3 hp

close tab

played by

Nagato

Baki
She/Her
December 21
Saffron City
Bi
administrative assistant
Officer
dead flowers
pressed against my lips
156 cm // 5'1" height
156 cm // 5'1" height
awards
995 posts
part of
TAG WITH @2baki
Hyakkaryōran Tsubaki
POSTED ON Feb 1, 2024 0:24:55 GMT
[nospaces]

[attr="class","star2tsu4"]Her arbok is trashed by the poochyena, an outcome she'd forseen since she saw her name next to the reigning champ's on the docket. But it was worth feeling out his style, to know what lied in store if she ever reached those heights.[break][break]

And all she'd had to pay for her trouble was mortifying, crippling embarrassment, feeling like she was gonna die right there on the spot.[break][break]

She recalls her treasured companion, mind hardly on the battle at all. She'd left her out to dry. [break][break]

Was that his angle? Some sorta psyop? [break][break]

"Y-yeah, you got it, Champ. I'll work my magic, figure somethin' out. [break][break]

"Not like you attend meetings anyway, from what I hear. So fitting it in should be easy."
[break][break]

An uneasy smile, and she pulls out her phone. Like a life preserver in the middle of a storm out at sea, she clings to it. It's all that keeps her from drowning as she says some stupid quip to distract from her anxiety.[break][break]

Really? She'd agreed to perform? In front of PEOPLE?[break][break]

+ [break]
+ Loss![break]

[/newclass]
close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,471 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
POSTED ON Feb 1, 2024 1:57:24 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
"we don't mention that in public," he says in jest. he always makes sure he has a valid reasoning when he excuses himself, though whether it was appropriate or not is left up to interpretation.

he recalls his poochyena as well for treatment. despite having edged out a win, it was primarily thanks to the pay-2-win mechanic of a sygna suit, which he's thankful that it's allowed since it does give him a nice record.

it would be nice to mention during the next meeting that he didn't go negative, after all.

"if you're going to call me out, i might as well attend the next one then." surely, there would be one following a major tournament in a big city. "surely, vct would get them ideas about something."

like a music fest event, for example.

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
39,032 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
POSTED ON Feb 2, 2024 5:55:13 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]VCT COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: