March 18
Ecruteak City
Straight
Expeditionary
Rustboro Captain
Single; Not Looking
5'4" height
5'4" height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
3,475 posts
part of
TAG WITH @shalinnariya
Shalin Nariya
Round Eleven: Shalin vs. Gerald [VCT]
POSTED ON Jan 4, 2024 7:56:54 GMT
Shalin Nariya Avatar
Minutes after Shalin got Queen Zing back from the healing machine, a tournament announcement blared over the venue's loudspeakers.

"Attention all Vital City Tournament participants. Pairings are up for round eleven. Pairings are up for round eleven."

The name across from hers, , was completely unfamiliar to the Captain. Grasping the Poké Ball containing Queen Zing, she wandered to the far back of the facility, where her assigned arena was. Representing Rustboto, she was in her yellow Ranger Captain's uniform, even though she was not on duty.

"Great to meet you!" Shalin waved to her opponent. "Captain Shalin Nariya of Rustboro. The day's really winding down now. Think you've got a shot at the money?" she asked, giving Gerald enough time to answer before hurling her Poké Ball into the center of the battle court. Emerging from within was a Shiny Beedrill of great size. Strangely enough, she still wore her saddle. If the Rocket were to look closely, he would catch a glint of BEEDRILLITE embedded in the front of the seat.

Planning to use Mega Evolution!

{WC: 173}
{PC: 1}

NAME          SPECIES        STATUS
Queen Zing    Beedrill       ♥♥♥
close tab

played by

Senpai

He/Him
January 01
Fortree City
Heterosexual
Rocket Employee
Grunt
175 CM height
175 CM height
awards
392 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gerald
Gerald Kaiser
POSTED ON Jan 4, 2024 16:42:50 GMT
Gerald Kaiser Avatar
A mild twitch of annoyance made itself known in his eyes. He was growing all too tired of this peppy-go-getter attitude of opponents.

Still, this was one of the final battles for the day so he could at least put in the effort, knowing that his little sister had probably returned from getting snacks and was now watching.

“Great to meet you too, you can just call me Gerald.” He tried to appear casual about it, but his indifference was definitely peeking through. “Hard to say, but I am definitely aiming for it.” Still, his words spoke but the tone of voice did not seem to fit.

He hurled his own Pokeball into the arena, releasing the Absol from within. Now it was only a matter of waiting for the official signal to start the battle.

NOTES:
- VCT Battle

MADE BY MIZO
[googlefont=Raleway]

close tab

played by

raikourider

She/Her
March 18
Ecruteak City
Straight
Expeditionary
Rustboro Captain
Single; Not Looking
5'4" height
5'4" height
awards
3,475 posts
part of
TAG WITH @shalinnariya
Shalin Nariya
POSTED ON Jan 4, 2024 20:34:52 GMT
Shalin Nariya Avatar
There was something unsettling about Gerald's tone. It was as though her opponent's pleasantries were completely false, as if there was more than fame and money on the line for the tournament. Shalin, on the other hand, grinned when she saw the Absol. The Beedrill's wings roared the moment the starting horn sounded, drowning out all other noise as their wake cleared the battle court of snow.

With impressive agility, the bug-type zipped toward Gerald's Pokémon, thrusting her rear FELL STINGER toward it in a violent jab. Though contact with the pointed tip would be painful on its own, it would be the potent toxin that caused the true pain, making whatever it touched feel like it was on fire.

P03JBkgV

{PC: 2}

close tab

played by

Senpai

He/Him
January 01
Fortree City
Heterosexual
Rocket Employee
Grunt
175 CM height
175 CM height
awards
392 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gerald
Gerald Kaiser
POSTED ON Jan 5, 2024 18:41:21 GMT
Gerald Kaiser Avatar
The Beedrill zipped toward the Absol with great speed. Gerald had to give points for a simple yet effective strategy. Luckily He knew that Absol had just the trick for that.

With a heavy paw slam the Absol summoned a flurry of STONE EDGE’s. The Stone spikes breaking the arena floor aiming not only to break the Beedrills direct path and halt its advance, but if possible hit and damage the bug Pokemon.

R5QKWnaf
3/3 HP
NOTES:
- VCT Battle

MADE BY MIZO
[googlefont=Raleway]
close tab

played by

raikourider

She/Her
March 18
Ecruteak City
Straight
Expeditionary
Rustboro Captain
Single; Not Looking
5'4" height
5'4" height
awards
3,475 posts
part of
TAG WITH @shalinnariya
Shalin Nariya
POSTED ON Jan 6, 2024 20:58:40 GMT
Shalin Nariya Avatar
The Absol's reaction time was simply too slow; by the time the STONE EDGE shield came up, Queen Zing was already past the dark-type, ready to deliver a painful sting. Were the Absol unable to dodge, she would latch on, and things would get far worse for Gerald and his Pokémon.

One painful sting would turn into three, the green wasp thrusting her TWINEEDLE-capped forelegs toward the foe. With three stings pumping burning venom, there were very few Pokémon that could withstand being dissolved from the inside out by the acidic secretion.

a1SNJcaf

{PC: 3}

close tab

played by

Senpai

He/Him
January 01
Fortree City
Heterosexual
Rocket Employee
Grunt
175 CM height
175 CM height
awards
392 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gerald
Gerald Kaiser
POSTED ON Jan 7, 2024 18:51:41 GMT
Gerald Kaiser Avatar
Too slow…

This singular thought was shared by both trainer and Pokemon as their opponents' attack struck true.

Perhaps luckily for them it seemed the Beedrill was intent on sticking close. If it thought Absol feared a brawl it would be sorely disappointed.

It was clear thrusts of twinneedle were sent in Absol’s direction aiming to inject it with poison, the four legged beast attempted to counter with a psychic blade of PSYCHO CUT.

_poj1mew
2/3 HP
NOTES:
- VCT Battle

MADE BY MIZO
[googlefont=Raleway]
close tab

played by

raikourider

She/Her
March 18
Ecruteak City
Straight
Expeditionary
Rustboro Captain
Single; Not Looking
5'4" height
5'4" height
awards
3,475 posts
part of
TAG WITH @shalinnariya
Shalin Nariya
POSTED ON Jan 7, 2024 20:27:43 GMT
Shalin Nariya Avatar
The dark-type's PSYCHO CUT sailed wide, leaving Gerald's Pokémon in a dangerous position. Shalin's MEGA CIRCLET gleamed with a flash of purple-pink light, a sign that Queen Zing desired to Mega Evolve. While she would normally oblige the wasp's request, it might put the Absol in real danger if it couldn't fight back right away.

Shaking her head, the disappointed Beedrill simply buzzed her wings at top speed, digging her POISON JABBING stings deeper into the Absol. If its blood vessels weren't burning yet, they surely would be after their match was over

x4HDx|GR

{PC: 4}

close tab

played by

Senpai

He/Him
January 01
Fortree City
Heterosexual
Rocket Employee
Grunt
175 CM height
175 CM height
awards
392 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gerald
Gerald Kaiser
POSTED ON Jan 8, 2024 14:02:53 GMT
Gerald Kaiser Avatar
It was getting dicey. Gerald didn’t like it, especially not as the Psycho Cut sailed wide and missed. Leaving Absol to feel the maddening pain of Twineedle and poison eating at her insides.

But Absol wasn’t raised a quitter. No, it wouldn’t let Gerald down like that.

The gem on Gerald’s Mega necklace began to glow, and moments later the Absol glowed a bright hue as it transformed, letting the sensation of surging power push away the pain of poison.

With Mega-power coursing through its veins it aimed to deliver a point blank PSYCHO CUT to the Beedrill.

Gerald watched, and prayed that it wasn’t too late.

rN7LW6bz
(+20 Mega 1/2)
1/3 HP
NOTES:
- VCT Battle

MADE BY MIZO
[googlefont=Raleway]
close tab

played by

raikourider

She/Her
March 18
Ecruteak City
Straight
Expeditionary
Rustboro Captain
Single; Not Looking
5'4" height
5'4" height
awards
3,475 posts
part of
TAG WITH @shalinnariya
Shalin Nariya
POSTED ON Jan 8, 2024 20:06:18 GMT
Shalin Nariya Avatar
The foe's MEGA EVOLUTION forced Shalin's hand, Queen Zing struggling to stay aloft after the PSYCHO CUT left a crack in her carapace. Lifting her right hand to the MEGA CIRCLET on her head, she, too, became enveloped in the light of MEGA EVOLUTION.

The Beedrill's demeanor change from kind and competitive to ruthless. Berserk. As violent as the tournament's rules would allow. Now boasting five venomous barbs instead of three, she whirled her four front ones much like a Rhydon's horn. The sound of the whirring DRILL RUN matched the volume of her even louder wings: a truly mortifying combination that would strike fear into all but the hardiest of combatants.

F5EMVNwl+20

Mega Evolution 1/2!

{WC: 112}
{PC: 4}

Queen Zing    Beedrill       ♥♥
close tab

played by

Senpai

He/Him
January 01
Fortree City
Heterosexual
Rocket Employee
Grunt
175 CM height
175 CM height
awards
392 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gerald
Gerald Kaiser
POSTED ON Jan 8, 2024 20:38:05 GMT
Gerald Kaiser Avatar
The Mega Absol did not fear the horrifying sound. No, it sought to stay close, edged into courage and eagerness by the successful delivery of a Psycho Cut.

Gerald still didn’t like the prospect of this, but what could he do? They did not have the leeway to take chances, to skirt around and control the battlefield with rocks. No, he simply had to let this go the way it was going and hope.

Luckily for Gerald his Absol had no intention of letting her trainer down. And so lunged closer to the Beedrill aiming to jump onto its torso were it could not stick with its needles, and if possible the Absol would try to deliver more point black PSYCHO CUTs and maybe even pin the bug to the ground.

1l99r7W8
(+20 Mega 2/2)
1/3 HP
NOTES:
- VCT Battle

MADE BY MIZO
[googlefont=Raleway]
close tab

played by

raikourider

She/Her
March 18
Ecruteak City
Straight
Expeditionary
Rustboro Captain
Single; Not Looking
5'4" height
5'4" height
awards
3,475 posts
part of
TAG WITH @shalinnariya
Shalin Nariya
POSTED ON Jan 8, 2024 20:47:02 GMT
Shalin Nariya Avatar
The sound of Queen Zing's giant wings clicking against the pavement made Shalin wince; there were very few things more painful for a bug-type than their wings clashing against a solid surface dozens of times per second. Despite the Absol's pin, the Mega Evolved Beedrill had five stings. There was no way she could immobilize them all. She could cover three, but not five.

The close-range PSYCHO CUT left the insectile predator unsteady with the two remaining spear-like stings she had free. She shakily raised them to the Absol's sides, stabbing and POISON JABBING from both directions. If she could skewer the Absol, she could free herself and turn this match around!

SZftjSel+20

Mega Evolution 2/2!

{WC: 112}
{PC: 5}

close tab

played by

Senpai

He/Him
January 01
Fortree City
Heterosexual
Rocket Employee
Grunt
175 CM height
175 CM height
awards
392 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gerald
Gerald Kaiser
POSTED ON Jan 8, 2024 20:50:37 GMT
Gerald Kaiser Avatar
And therein laid the flaw in Absol’s plan. Too many needles to keep count of, and not enough Mega-juice to keep up the superior physical prowess.

The Mega evolution faded and though she tried to deliver the attack there was little she could do as the jabs of poison needles inserted themselves into her.

Absol fell off the Mega Beedrill, defeated.

FLec_YA0
0/3 HP
NOTES:
- VCT Battle

MADE BY MIZO
[googlefont=Raleway]
close tab

played by

raikourider

She/Her
March 18
Ecruteak City
Straight
Expeditionary
Rustboro Captain
Single; Not Looking
5'4" height
5'4" height
awards
3,475 posts
part of
TAG WITH @shalinnariya
Shalin Nariya
POSTED ON Jan 8, 2024 21:00:11 GMT
Shalin Nariya Avatar
The two extra stings from Queen Zing's Mega Evolution proved to be the deciding factor in the close and intense match between Mega Evolved Pokémon. Shalin breathed a sigh of relief when the Beedrill skewered her opponent seconds before time was called. No judge decision was needed, as the Absol was clearly spent. Reverting from her apex form, she could no longer hold her foe. Her entire body, too, shook as she had pushed herself quite hard during the match.

How was she going to get through her last match of the day.

"Great match, Gerald," Shalin said, extending a hand toward the man. "Sorry if I bubbled you out of day two. I hope your breakers work out to where you can get into tomorrow's competition with a win." With that, she withdrew Queen Zing and headed back to the commons to relax and get her partner restored for her final match of the day.

{WC: 157}
{PC: 6}

close tab

played by

Senpai

He/Him
January 01
Fortree City
Heterosexual
Rocket Employee
Grunt
175 CM height
175 CM height
awards
392 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gerald
Gerald Kaiser
POSTED ON Jan 10, 2024 8:53:11 GMT
Gerald Kaiser Avatar
Gerald retrieved the Absol back into its Pokeball. His opponent stayed as peppy as ever. Of course she did, she won.

Gerald was frustrated and so when Shalin extended a hand to him, he saw it not as the good sign of sportsmanship that it is, but as a gloating gesture that he wasn’t about to deal with.

He walked away letting Shalin and her words hang. He wouldn’t be meeting her again anyways, so there was no harm in it.

Only too late did he remember that he ought to be a better example for his Little-sister, but oh well. He would just have to explain it to her.

NOTES:
- VCT Battle
- Gerald lost, and Shalin Won!

MADE BY MIZO
[googlefont=Raleway]
ATA0Vhi0
close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
39,032 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
POSTED ON Jan 11, 2024 4:42:35 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]VCT COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: