6,113 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
Round Fifteen: Josh vs. Biscotti [VCT]
POSTED ON Jan 4, 2024 9:21:36 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
"Attention all Vital City Tournament participants. Pairings are up for round fifteen. Pairings are up for round fifteen."

With how close Josh was to his assigned arena, the Mauville Gym Leader sat down on a nearby bench to take a look at the overall standings. Unsurprisingly, many of the people at the top were League battle officials. Elite Four and Gym Leaders, current and former, peppered the list. had already made the money. No wonder he was hired into the position over Josh.

Raikiri walked alongside his trainer, the feline nearby bumping his head on a low-hanging light fixture before entering the battleground. Across from him was a familiar face. "Biscotti!" Josh waved. "Glad to see you're putting the lessons from Mauville Gym into practice. If you're still in the main event, sounds like you're killing it out there!"

Planning to use a Z-Move!

{WC: 140}
{PC: 1}

NAME          SPECIES        STATUS
Raikiri       Zeraora        ♥♥♥

close tab

played by

Dyfalu

Scotti
He/Him
January 23
Wyndon
Bisexual
Cake Decorator
Cadet
I might not feel pain, but I can still bleed.
awards
276 posts
part of
TAG WITH @biscotti
Biscotti Kingsley
POSTED ON Jan 5, 2024 17:54:57 GMT
Biscotti Kingsley Avatar

[attr="class","blbqimg"]
[attr="class","bisc"]The battle with Shalin had only just ended. After a quick once over, the doc cleared Jangle to resume the competition. “Can you believe we’re at 15 already?” The brunette grinned. The cat’s response was the opposite of happy. A dark brow jerked upward. She stretched out her left arm to show off her most recent injury. Obviously, she’d been carrying the whole team. Slightly abashed, Biscotti murmured a quick apology.

When his opponent took the stage, honey eyes widened. “Mister D?” His voice sounded a little confused. Two in a row! What were the chances that he knew both opponents!? At the compliment, his cheeks turned pink. I’m not doing anything.” An apologetic, loving grin was flashed his cat’s way. “But I’d love for that streak to continue.” After a respectful look at Raikiri, the fire cat jumped to the starting point.

Ready, set, go!

[attr="class","bisc"]

[newclass=.bisc b] color: #DF4F52; font-size: 10px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.bisc i] color: #DF4F52; font-size: 10px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
"With great speed comes great responsibility."
awards
6,113 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
POSTED ON Jan 5, 2024 20:13:04 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
"Take some credit for yourself!" Josh replied insistently. "You're just as much of a team player as your Incineroar is." It was too bad that Biscotti had run into the Gym Leader who had been financially strapped since his fines last year. "I'll have to bring that streak to an end. I've got prize money to win and bills to pay."

The starting horn cut the duo's banter short, a swift cat fight about to begin. Raikiri was already on the prowl, circling the fire-type with great AGILITY. With a sharp turn, the Zeraora darted toward Biscotti's partner in a QUICK ATTACK almost too fast to follow. His opponent would need to time a parry perfectly to deflect such a fast strike!

CcQC_zje

{PC: 2}

close tab

played by

Dyfalu

Scotti
He/Him
January 23
Wyndon
Bisexual
Cake Decorator
Cadet
awards
276 posts
part of
TAG WITH @biscotti
Biscotti Kingsley
POSTED ON Jan 7, 2024 13:13:54 GMT
Biscotti Kingsley Avatar

[attr="class","blbqimg"]
[attr="class","bisc"]Biscotti grins awkwardly. “Nah, I’m good!” What percentage would he even take? Five percent? Ten? At that point, he’d rather go without. His starter turns to him, her expression illegible. “I can’t diss JJ like that!” The cat rolls its eyes. Bushy brows dropped close as the other man volleyed back. “Roar.” Humans were so weird.

The brunette’s response was the opposite of Josh’s. “Go ahead!” Winning didn’t matter to him. It wasn’t like the outcome actually affected anybody. Nothing was going to eat him if Jangle got knocked out. “You need it more than I do!” As the Zeroara leaped forward, Biscotti gasped. “Whoa!” That thing was super fast.

Jangle was ready. With a snarl, she charged to meet the electric cat’s attack with a Cross Chop.

X1vU9gWl

[attr="class","bisc"]

[newclass=.bisc b] color: #DF4F52; font-size: 10px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.bisc i] color: #DF4F52; font-size: 10px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
6,113 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
POSTED ON Jan 7, 2024 16:38:31 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
CROSS CHOP was a powerful attack. If it hit, it would end the match then and there. The odds of it hitting such a fast Pokémon were not in Biscotti's favor. Watching the match through his VITAL GEAR, Josh kept one eye on his prized Pokémon and the other on the Incineroar's red gauge, the Zeraora slowly chipping away at the fellow feline's defenses while his own remained unscathed.

Keeping his distance, Raikiri circled the fire-type like an orbiting, yellow comet. The electric cat loosed a flurry of ELECTRO BALLS upon Biscotti's partner Pokémon with the illusion that they were coming from multiples of himself. It was a sight for the gallery to behold.

APB__bl9

{PC: 3}

close tab

played by

Dyfalu

Scotti
He/Him
January 23
Wyndon
Bisexual
Cake Decorator
Cadet
awards
276 posts
part of
TAG WITH @biscotti
Biscotti Kingsley
POSTED ON Jan 8, 2024 0:51:38 GMT
Biscotti Kingsley Avatar

[attr="class","blbqimg"]
[attr="class","bisc"]Seeing Josh’s headgear, Biscotti remembered his still hung around his neck. That was probably why he couldn’t see anything. With flushing cheeks, he pulled his goggles back over his eyes. So captivated by the Zeroara’s speed, Scotti didn’t really know what to respond with. The Quick Attack took the bulkier cat in the chest. Her sharp claws slammed downward—an attempt to hold this eel of a Pokemon in place.

He watched as his companion’s hearts dropped to three.

Unfortunately, her attempt proved unsuccessful. The pair separated as the electric type started to circle her like a Carvanha, chucking Electro Balls at her. Not big on being peppered with ranged attacks, the Incineroar moved to close the distance with a swirling series of Double Kicks. The associated pirouettes intended to help her avoid the worst of the attacks.

NOTES
♥♥

cCXfjAcb

[attr="class","bisc"]

close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
6,113 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
POSTED ON Jan 8, 2024 6:54:26 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
Biscotti had learned from his mistakes, it seemed; the much faster DOUBLE KICK scored two solid hits on Raikiri's cheek while his vision was masked by one of his own Electro Balls. What a clever cat. Snarling loudly before roaring, Raikiri stared into the dark-type's eyes, trying to get a read on its next move.

If he wanted a clash of paws, he would get one.

The Zeraora reared and pounced, Josh wincing at how much pain he would be in if he was mounted on the electric type with it rearing that high. Feigning a Quick Attack, the yellow feline would only make his true intentions known when he sprung and BOUNCED underneath Biscotti's Pokémon, trying to launch it high into the air.

neAue1XT

{WC: 125}
{PC: 4}

Raikiri       Zeraora        ♥♥

close tab

played by

Dyfalu

Scotti
He/Him
January 23
Wyndon
Bisexual
Cake Decorator
Cadet
awards
276 posts
part of
TAG WITH @biscotti
Biscotti Kingsley
POSTED ON Jan 10, 2024 17:08:44 GMT
Biscotti Kingsley Avatar

[attr="class","blbqimg"]
[attr="class","bisc"]Jangle feels some satisfaction when her foot connects with Sparky’s face. There’s no holding back in that move, each strike intending to put the speed demon in its place. Just because Jangle was less rare didn’t mean she’d just roll over and die. Screw what her doofus of a trainer wanted to do. The Incineroar feels prepared for this burst of speed. Shame on you if you fooled her twice. If this crap worked again, she deserved the loss. At the last minute, however, the cat pivoted into an unsuspected Bounce.

This lifted the Incineroar off her feet. The upward punch drove the air out of her lungs. Again, her claws grasped desperately at the slimmer cat’s back. A primal noise of anger burst from the fire-type’s chest. “Grawr!” Hoping to leverage the lack of air maneuverability, the cat unleashed another Flare Blitz. For a moment, the light from the Alolan starter was blinding. Another recoil seemed a small price to pay to land another hit on this slippery eel of a cat.

Was this how his family felt when he hurt himself for laughs? Watching the blood pour and him keep going? A noise of frustration bubbled in the boy's throat. “Stop being a one-trick pony!” Biscotti’s protest is drowned out by the roar of battle in the Incineroar’s ears.

5lYbdkgt
Terra: +15 even rolls

[attr="class","bisc"]

close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
6,113 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
POSTED ON Jan 11, 2024 20:07:58 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
That last FLARE BLITZ more than grazed the Zeraora; his fur was burning up! He had to end this quickly before things spiraled out of control any more. If there was one species that could do so, it was his. Raikiri could outrun race cars. In Josh's hands, he could even outrun his own sound waves. Biscotti would get a terrifying demonstration of it as the Zeraora backed up to the corner of the court.

With a loud roar and a discharge of energy from his crystal of QUICKINIUM-Z, the HYPERSONIC PLASMA CHARGE, Raikiri's most powerful attack, would present a threefold threat to his fellow feline. If he could withstand the claws and paws flying at him at supersonic speed, the lightning bolts circling him, and the aural explosion from Raikiri breaching his own sound waves, the Alolan Pokémon will have earned his victory.

nu1|TlO5+50

Z-Move used this turn!

{PC: 5}

Raikiri       Zeraora        ♥♥

close tab

played by

Dyfalu

Scotti
He/Him
January 23
Wyndon
Bisexual
Cake Decorator
Cadet
awards
276 posts
part of
TAG WITH @biscotti
Biscotti Kingsley
POSTED ON Jan 14, 2024 2:12:05 GMT
Biscotti Kingsley Avatar

[attr="class","blbqimg"]
[attr="class","bisc"]What the heck is it doing? Biscotti hadn’t seen a Z-Move up close. Sure, they’d gone to Alola once, but they hadn’t left the resort. And his mom and dad weren’t exactly battling fans. So, they’d spent most of their time chilling at the beach. Then, of course, they’d been drug to every bakery on the islands. But it didn’t take long for the trainer to realize this attack was dangerous. The static—even at this distance—made the hair stand up.

“Jangle! Get out of the way!” Biscotti cries out in a panic. But, again, she moved faster than him. As the cat rocketed forward, the Incineroar leaped with the help of Acrobatics. Then, hoping the distance might get her some protection, she tried to come crashing down on top of it with a Cross Chop. The chances of it working were slim, but it was better than fumbling like an idiot on the ground.

ep60SBq0
Terra: +15 even rolls

[attr="class","bisc"]

close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
6,113 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
POSTED ON Jan 14, 2024 21:40:03 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
All Josh could do as he saw the CROSS CHOP drop on top of the exhausted Zeraora was smile. He had lost a hard-fought match, but he was so happy to see it was to Biscotti, a trainer he had trounced during their last meeting at Mauville Gym.

"Biscotti," Josh opened his mouth as he withdrew his fallen partner, "you've come wuch a long way. You are the first person all tournament to have a Pokémon that could withstand Raikiri's strongest move. You've improved so much. I'm sure you would have no problem coming back to Mauville Gym and earning my Badge. So I have a question for you. Do you feel like you've earned it today?" If he agreed, then he would arrange for a Badge to be mailed to Biscotti.

{PC: 6}

close tab

played by

Dyfalu

Scotti
He/Him
January 23
Wyndon
Bisexual
Cake Decorator
Cadet
awards
276 posts
part of
TAG WITH @biscotti
Biscotti Kingsley
POSTED ON Jan 16, 2024 0:19:14 GMT
Biscotti Kingsley Avatar

[attr="class","blbqimg"]
[attr="class","bisc"]The sight of his opponent’s last heart flickering drew out a shocked gasp. “!?” A noise of celebration threatened as Biscotti turned to his cat. “You did it, Jangle!” He rushed forward to crush the kitty in a hug. Even if the static stood his hair on end, the embrace was worth it. Judging by her face, the cat was surprised too.

With a step backward, she offered a hand to the Zeroara. Her trainer, meanwhile, turned to Josh. “I had nothing to do with that.” If he’d been standing there, he’d look like a Tesla coil. Probably be dead too. At the question, Biscotti turned to his best friend. His lips perked up. Sure, he might not have done anything but cheer, but maybe that’s all some people needed. Somebody to help them up when they fell down. "But she deserves it."

Not everyone needed to be Batman. Alfred was just as cool.

[attr="class","bisc"]

WRITE REPLY

QUICK REPLY

it's a long life full of long nights