March 18
Ecruteak City
Straight
Expeditionary
Rustboro Captain
Single; Not Looking
5'4" height
5'4" height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
3,922 posts
part of
TAG WITH @shalinnariya
Shalin Nariya
Some Like it Hot | DW
POSTED ON Jan 26, 2024 6:02:51 GMT
Shalin Nariya Avatar
The Yanmega's slower wingbeat rate and the Beedrill's faster one created a beautiful harmony that perhaps only bug-lovers would appreciate. With earplugs in, the two would be shielded enough from the loud noise to hear the tonal beauty with which the two drones complemented one another. That wouldn't make the vibration any easier to get used to, though! Shalin was right; once in the air, the vibrations would no longer reflect from the hard, rocky surface back into the bug's frame. Once they were airborne, the vibration would feel almost massaging. Relaxing, even.

All Shalin could do was give Eddie a thumbs-up and a smile before wheeling around in front of him, the girl and her Beedrill leading the way. She made sure to give known steam vents a wide berth; while her bugs were tough, the volcanic environment was still inhospitable for them. Even so, they were some of the few flying Pokémon she had with her. Plus, it was fun seeing how new riders handled the incredible rush of sitting on a Pokémon that was more agile than a bird. Were Eddie to play around with the Yanmega's reins, he would discover that Flit could fly in any direction while independently facing any other direction.

passing!

{WC: 209}
{PC: 6}

NAME          SPECIES        STATUS
Sandy         Flygon         Good
Saria         Venusaur       Good
Queen Zing    Beedrill**     Good
Flit          Yanmega        Good
Grimmie       Houndoom       Good
Mia           Glaceon        Good
close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
40,887 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
Some Like it Hot | DW
POSTED ON Jan 27, 2024 9:00:31 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","wildtemp"]
[attr="class","wildbgsaf"]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]A WILD GRIMER APPEARED!
[attr="class","wildshiny"]

[attr="class","wildpkmnbox"]
[attr="class","wildpkmn"]

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox"] FEMALE
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] STENCH
[attr="class","wildtabox"]SLUDGE
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]POISON GAS
[attr="class","wildtabox"]POUND
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]ACID ARMOR
[attr="class","wildtabox"] ---
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] ---

[attr="class","wildtag"]

[attr="class","wildnote"] WHAT WILL YOU DO?

[break]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]A WILD EMBOAR APPEARED!

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] BLAZE
[attr="class","wildtabox"]TAIL WHIP
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]SMOG
[attr="class","wildtabox"]EMBER
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]ARM THRUST

[attr="class","wildtag"]

close tab

played by

inmediasres

Eddie
HE/HIM
Thirty-nine
MAY 18th
Cascarrafa
GAY
Soldier
Private
i don't like change
but i'm not afraid
500000+ infamy height
500000+ infamy height
when everything is in disarray, i think we'll be okay!
awards
743 posts
part of
TAG WITH @eddieh
Eduardo Hisakawa
Some Like it Hot | DW
POSTED ON Jan 27, 2024 12:55:45 GMT
Eduardo Hisakawa Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","eddieh"]
[attr="class","eddiehtag"]

[attr="class","eddiehmain"]

The agility of the Yanmega was put to the test as Eddie followed behind, dodging steam vents and the occasional rocky outcropping jutting out from the canyon's walls. Once he had gotten used to the constant, low-level thrum of the dragonfly's flight, it was really quite exhilarating to pilot. Flit could turn on a dime with a level of precision that Eddie didn't think possible, and he found himself experimentally guiding the Yanmega up and down, back and forth. It was during one such pass that he caught a flash of movement from an outcropping to his left, a blur of red and black and a plume of flame. Eddie turned, trying to ride parallel to his companion, and waved to indicate the direction he was moving towards. With a few tugs on the reins, Eddie and Flit descended upon the outcropping with ease. [break][break]

Leaving Flit to hover just above the jutting edge of the natural platform, Eddie hopped off to investigate the movement he had spotted from above. It didn't take long to find the source; only a few steps away lie an Emboar with one of its arms pinned beneath a fallen stalactite. The pig-like Pokemon snorted with agitation as he approached, the flames around its neck and shoulders briefly flaring, [break][break]

“Hey big guy, take it easy. I'm not gonna hurt ya,” Eddie murmured soothingly as he took out his ear plugs, holding out his hands to indicate that he didn't mean any harm. [break][break]

The Emboar snorted again, but softer this time, more resigned, as he drew close. The poor thing looked badly battered as it was; maybe the creature had gotten into some kind of scuffle before it was trapped, weakening it enough that the normally strong Fighting type was unable to break free. Eddie hummed thoughtfully as he assessed the damage, paying particular attention to the shattered spear of rock pinning the Pokemon's arm. [break][break]

The stalactite was large, pinning the Emboar's arm in two places from where it had snapped in half upon colliding with the Pokemon and the ground. He probably couldn't roll them off for fear of crushing the rest of the Emboar's arm in the process, so the only option was to lift. Eddie grinned in spite of himself, cracking his knuckles and rolling his neck and shoulders; he was always up for a test of strength. [break][break]

The smaller half was pretty easy to move, but also didn't seem to be applying AS much pressure to the Pokemon's arm; it was maybe fifty or so pounds, and Eddie was able to move it off with relative ease and toss it aside. The other half, however, was much larger, and made up the bulk of the rock formation. Eddie braced himself as he squatted low, hands cupping the edge of the rock that rested upon the Emboar's arm. He took a deep breath and began to lift, careful to rise from his knees for fear of throwing out his back. Muscles coiled underneath his tank top, arms and shoulders straining as he forced the rock up and off of the Pokemon. With a final heave and a furious roar from Eddie, he finally managed to push the last bit of rock away from the Pokemon. It landed with a loud 'thud' behind the Emboar, and Eddie found himself grinning as he wiped the sweat from his hands onto his pants. [break][break]

When he turned back to the Emboar, he found the pig-like Pokemon staring at him with wide, red eyes. Maybe the Pokemon hadn't expected a mere human to be so strong? Not that Eddie considered his show of strength to be a particularly impressive one; he knew plenty of guys back home that could bench press more than he could. Still, he couldn't help but beam back at the Pokemon as he fished out a Poke Ball. [break][break]

“You wanna come with me so we can get ya patched up?”[break][break]

He extended the ball out towards the Emboar, waiting for its decision.

notes[break]
TL;DR - Eddie has fun flying on Flit, spots an Emboar trapped under a fallen stalactite, frees it and attempts to catch it [break]
Attempting to catch Emboar![break]

[attr="class","eddiehpoke"]

[newclass=.eddieh]margin: 0 auto; width: 420px; box-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #333333,-2px 2px 0px #333333,2px -2px 0px #333333,-2px -2px 0px #333333; border-radius: 5px;border: solid 1px #232323;[/newclass]
[newclass=.eddieh div.quote_body] margin: 10px -20px -25px -20px!important;[/newclass]
[newclass=.eddiehmain]border-radius: 5px 5px 0px 0px;background-color:#2b2b2b;padding:65px 35px 40px 35px;text-align:justify;font-size:11.5px;line-height:16px;letter-spacing:.5px;font-family:poppins;[/newclass]
[newclass=.eddiehtag] text-align: right;font-weight: bold;position: absolute;padding: 10px 15px;border: solid 1px #232323; border-top-color: rgb(35, 35, 35); border-top-style: solid; border-top-width: 1px;background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png);border-radius: 5px 5px 0px 0px;margin: 0px 0px 0px -1px;border-top: none;background-color: #272727;width: 390px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.eddieh b] color: #D49736; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.eddieh i] color: #cecece; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.eddieh u] text-decoration: none; text-transform:uppercase; color: #dbb859; font-size: 12px;font-family:Quattrocento Sans; letter-spacing: 2px; font-weight: bold; [/newclass]
[newclass=.eddieh a] text-transform:uppercase!important;font:bold 12px Quattrocento Sans!important;letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.eddiehpoke] background-color:#272727;height:60px;background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png);background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:center right;text-align:center;padding-bottom:15px;border-radius: 0px 0px 5px 5px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

raikourider

She/Her
March 18
Ecruteak City
Straight
Expeditionary
Rustboro Captain
Single; Not Looking
5'4" height
5'4" height
awards
3,922 posts
part of
TAG WITH @shalinnariya
Shalin Nariya
Some Like it Hot | DW
POSTED ON Jan 27, 2024 20:28:30 GMT
Shalin Nariya Avatar
The giant predatory insect was indeed one of the most nimble Pokémon anyone could ride. If Eddie were to glance toward Shalin observing him, he would be able to see a beaming smile on her face as Queen Zing bumbled about. It looked like he was having the time of his life, zipping about in seemingly every different direction.

As Eddie dismounted with little trouble, something that took Shalin commpletely by surprise (what strong legs he had to have for them to wistand vibration like that), she observed him rescuing an Emboar from being pinned down by an earthen spire from above a rocky protrusion above.

The insects' wings silent, Shalin called out to Eddie after he made his catch. "Wow, you're really good with wild Pokémon," she complimented, withdrawing both her insects for landbound Pokémon that also wore saddles. One was a Houndoom that seemed to love the heat; the other was a Shiny Glaceon that struggled a little more due to the hot conditions, but she knew she would be appreciated for being able to keep the group cool in the heat. "Have you thought about being a Ranger?" the Captain asked. "You really should think about it. You'd be very good at it."

passing!

{PC: 7}

close tab

played by

inmediasres

Eddie
HE/HIM
Thirty-nine
MAY 18th
Cascarrafa
GAY
Soldier
Private
i don't like change
but i'm not afraid
500000+ infamy height
500000+ infamy height
awards
743 posts
part of
TAG WITH @eddieh
Eduardo Hisakawa
Some Like it Hot | DW
POSTED ON Jan 28, 2024 12:02:17 GMT
Eduardo Hisakawa Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","eddieh"]

Truth be told, Eddie had been so caught up in his efforts to extricate the trapped Pokemon that he'd almost entirely forgotten about his companion. He beamed at the compliment with unabashed pride as Shalin approached with their terrestrial mounts, [break][break]

“Aw, you're just flatterin' me,” he laughed with mock embarrassment, “I'll be honest, I haven't. I ain't half bad with Pokemon, but I don't know a damn thing about trees or nature or anything.” [break][break]

He approached the mounts and eyed them with eager curiosity. Eddie found himself gravitating towards the Houndoom and offered his hand for the large dog Pokemon to sniff, [break][break]

“I think I'm better with people anyway. Actually thought about bein' a cop when I was a kid, if you can believe that.” [break][break]

The words were accompanied by a lilt of sadness in his voice that Eddie had neither intended nor anticipated. Well, that wouldn't do; there was no reason to be a buzz kill during this otherwise exhilarating outing. He forced a new smile and turned from the Houndoom back to Shalin, [break][break]

“You look like you were probably born to be a Ranger though! 'Specially with the way you handle your Pokemon. Don't really know many folks that'd think to ride a Beedrill like that.” [break][break]

Well, maybe that wasn't entirely true, now that Eddie thought about it. He recalled his old man telling him about some drunkard in Cascaraffa who tried to hitch a ride home on their Volcarona after a night out on the town. Apparently the Pokemon was not too keen to oblige their trainer's request, because the guy ended up in the local drunk tank anyway, clothes singed and moth-eaten. Eddie's dad thought it was the funniest thing he'd ever seen.

notes[break]
Notes go here[break]

[newclass=.eddieh]margin: 0 auto; width: 420px; box-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #333333,-2px 2px 0px #333333,2px -2px 0px #333333,-2px -2px 0px #333333; border-radius: 5px;border: solid 1px #232323;[/newclass]
[newclass=.eddieh div.quote_body] margin: 10px -20px -25px -20px!important;[/newclass]
[newclass=.eddiehmain]border-radius: 5px 5px 0px 0px;background-color:#2b2b2b;padding:65px 35px 40px 35px;text-align:justify;font-size:11.5px;line-height:16px;letter-spacing:.5px;font-family:poppins;[/newclass]
[newclass=.eddiehtag] text-align: right;font-weight: bold;position: absolute;padding: 10px 15px;border: solid 1px #232323; border-top-color: rgb(35, 35, 35); border-top-style: solid; border-top-width: 1px;background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png);border-radius: 5px 5px 0px 0px;margin: 0px 0px 0px -1px;border-top: none;background-color: #272727;width: 390px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.eddieh b] color: #D49736; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.eddieh i] color: #cecece; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.eddieh u] text-decoration: none; text-transform:uppercase; color: #dbb859; font-size: 12px;font-family:Quattrocento Sans; letter-spacing: 2px; font-weight: bold; [/newclass]
[newclass=.eddieh a] text-transform:uppercase!important;font:bold 12px Quattrocento Sans!important;letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.eddiehpoke] background-color:#272727;height:60px;background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png);background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:center right;text-align:center;padding-bottom:15px;border-radius: 0px 0px 5px 5px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

raikourider

She/Her
March 18
Ecruteak City
Straight
Expeditionary
Rustboro Captain
Single; Not Looking
5'4" height
5'4" height
awards
3,922 posts
part of
TAG WITH @shalinnariya
Shalin Nariya
Some Like it Hot | DW
POSTED ON Jan 29, 2024 7:22:03 GMT
Shalin Nariya Avatar
"You've got great skills with wild Pokémon if you can handle a fully-evolved wild Pokémon like that, though!" Shalin insisted. The Captain did have her own unique set of talents; perhaps if she found the right Pokémon, she could show those talents off. "You don't need to! There's all kinds of resources on RangerNet to help new Rangers learn what they need to, so they can fill in their knowledge gaps. The hardest part of being a Ranger is wild Pokémon skills, and you've got that down!"

Grimmie was smack between Shalin's height and Eddie's; quite the large dog, indeed, and one capable of bearing even Eddie's weight. The Houndoom, well-trained in Ranger operations, sniffed Eddie's hand and seemed friendly enough. Unlike many of Shalin's ride Pokémon, this Houndoom didn't wear reins; riders were expected to grab onto her horns and manipulate them like a bike's handlebars. "Grimmie here is a Pokémon I caught by going for a ride on her while she was still wild!" She didn't elaborate for the time being.

The mention of Eddie expressing interest in Law Enforcement made Shalin raise an eyebrow, though she let the comments pass. The conversation quickly drifted back to Ranger prospects. "Heh, thanks!" she chirped. "There's only one other person I've seen flying on one." She couldn't remember 's name, only that he did so in a Pokémon race last year. "It's not just that, though. One of these days, I should invite you to meet the rest of my Pokémon at my Romping Grounds in Petalburg Woods! It's where I live with them."

Before long, whether they rode Shalin's Pokémon or traveled by foot, the duo would reach the canyon fork leading to the Mirage Palace: the mystic palace erected in defiance of reality. Though its innards had been well-documented, and by now largely devoid of treasure, it was still a dangerous place to enter.

passing!

{PC: 8}

close tab

played by

inmediasres

Eddie
HE/HIM
Thirty-nine
MAY 18th
Cascarrafa
GAY
Soldier
Private
i don't like change
but i'm not afraid
500000+ infamy height
500000+ infamy height
awards
743 posts
part of
TAG WITH @eddieh
Eduardo Hisakawa
Some Like it Hot | DW
POSTED ON Jan 29, 2024 21:35:39 GMT
Eduardo Hisakawa Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","eddieh"]

Alright, now it was time for Eddie to actually be embarrassed. The glowing praise wasn't lost on him as he sheepishly rubbed the back of his neck. And the mention of the RangerNet stoked a smoldering curiosity within him; Eddie found himself eager to learn more. [break][break]

As a result, he didn't quite catch the quirk of Shalin's eyebrow in reaction to the mention of his childhood aspirations. He mostly just found himself listening intently to the younger woman as she said her piece. Somehow, the passing mention of how she tamed her Houndoom didn't strike Eddie as particularly odd, given what he'd seen of her riding capabilities thus far. Perhaps the 'rodeo' method was her preferred way of befriending Pokemon. The reference to yet another Beedrill rider elicited a small chuckle of disbelief from Eddie; maybe riding over-sized Bug Pokemon was a Hoennian thing.[break][break]

He found himself walking alongside Shalin and her Pokemon as he listened, not consciously considering where they were heading as they went. Eddie was about to remark about how he'd be quite delighted to visit these 'Romping Grounds' when he finally looked up to see something that most definitely did not belong in a volcanic canyon. [break][break]

Eddie's eyes widened with awe as he gazed upon the Mirage Palace, an impossible structure in an improbable place. He gaped at the building before turning back to Shalin, [break][break]

“I – uh – what? What the hell is that?!” Eddie exclaimed in disbelief.

notes[break]
Notes go here[break]

close tab

played by

raikourider

She/Her
March 18
Ecruteak City
Straight
Expeditionary
Rustboro Captain
Single; Not Looking
5'4" height
5'4" height
awards
3,922 posts
part of
TAG WITH @shalinnariya
Shalin Nariya
Some Like it Hot | DW
POSTED ON Feb 1, 2024 19:04:09 GMT
Shalin Nariya Avatar
Eddie's reaction to the mystic palace was understandable: it looked like it came straight out of the endgame of a video game or novel. "Oh, boy, is this ever a long story. A story I'd rather not tell until we go to a place that's a lot cooler," Shalin answered with a laugh. "The short of it is, this place once housed a Medallion that was one of eight keys to open a proverbial Hoopa's Box I never should have opened." Not only did opening the Halls of Origin give Rocket a resource they otherwise wouldn't have had, but it had cost her the life of her precious Kiara, a Pyroar that was near and dear to her heart.

Only its grand, bottom floor was visible; other floors above it were shrouded behind clouds so thick that there was zero visibility through them. What was perhaps most intriguing, though, was a seemingly floating sign in the middle of the space between the end of the canyon and the building itself, bubbling magma covering the chasm beneath.

passing!

{PC: 9}

close tab

played by

gremlin creature

the shadow mod
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
mod
googoo gaga
spiral is my big poppa pump (positive)
600 foot tall baby height
600 foot tall baby height
sleeping in mod reqs
awards
3,500 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mod
spiral and shiv's baby
Some Like it Hot | DW
POSTED ON Feb 2, 2024 16:12:55 GMT
spiral and shiv's baby Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]A WILD GULPIN APPEARED!

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox"] MALE
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] STICKY HOLD
[attr="class","wildtabox"]WRING OUT
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]POISON GAS
[attr="class","wildtabox"]GASTRO ACID
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]STOCKPILE

[attr="class","wildtag"]

[break][break]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]A WILD CROBAT APPEARED!

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] INNER FOCUS
[attr="class","wildtabox"]SUPERSONIC
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]ASTONISH
[attr="class","wildtabox"]VENOSHOCK
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]ABSORB

[attr="class","wildtag"]

[break][break]

CAUGHT THE EMBOAR!
close tab

played by

inmediasres

Eddie
HE/HIM
Thirty-nine
MAY 18th
Cascarrafa
GAY
Soldier
Private
i don't like change
but i'm not afraid
500000+ infamy height
500000+ infamy height
awards
743 posts
part of
TAG WITH @eddieh
Eduardo Hisakawa
Some Like it Hot | DW
POSTED ON Feb 3, 2024 17:09:14 GMT
Eduardo Hisakawa Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","eddieh"]

“Uh-huh.” [break][break]

As he approached the chasm and the floating sign (it was probably just suspended with fishing line or something, right?), Eddie was beginning to develop a sneaking suspicion that this person was probably messing with him. He'd made the mistake of telling Shalin early on that he wasn't a local, and now she was taking him for a ride. A Medallion, eight keys, a castle; this was all probably ripped straight from one of those old Dragonite Quest games. [break][break]

At least the castle was real, though. He paused at the edge of the chasm, peering down at the gulf of sweltering magma below. Eddie thumbed in the direction of the palace, [break][break]

“So, how are we supposed to get across? You gonna tell me we gotta lower a drawbridge or something?”

notes[break]
Skipping Gulpin and Crobat[break]

close tab

played by

raikourider

She/Her
March 18
Ecruteak City
Straight
Expeditionary
Rustboro Captain
Single; Not Looking
5'4" height
5'4" height
awards
3,922 posts
part of
TAG WITH @shalinnariya
Shalin Nariya
Some Like it Hot | DW
POSTED ON Feb 4, 2024 20:15:25 GMT
Shalin Nariya Avatar
Eddie's skepticism was obvious from his tone, and it was understandable; the place was fantastic. It defied reality. Shalin was scared when she explored its innards for the first time, but she and persevered and got to the bottom of the mystery.

"There's a way right across!" Shalin chirped in response. "That sign's built right into the bridge!" As to demonstrate what she was talking about, the girl took a step off the cliff face and toward the large double doors. Her foot made no sound when it touched the "ground" below; the only sign of her touching something solid was how her clothes rippled. She took another step, putting weight on the seemingly suspended leg, then turned around. To Eddie, it may have looked like she was floating.

"There's a bridge spanning the way to the doors," Shalin explained. "It's just masked visually and aurally by a psychic power." She even walked around it, stepping carefully to make sure didn't accidentally step outside its bounds and tumble. Even if she did, there would be plenty of time to get out a Poké Ball and have one of her flying insects save her, but there was no need to experience an unneeded brush with death.

passing!

{PC: 10}

close tab

played by

inmediasres

Eddie
HE/HIM
Thirty-nine
MAY 18th
Cascarrafa
GAY
Soldier
Private
i don't like change
but i'm not afraid
500000+ infamy height
500000+ infamy height
awards
743 posts
part of
TAG WITH @eddieh
Eduardo Hisakawa
Some Like it Hot | DW
POSTED ON Feb 5, 2024 12:05:20 GMT
Eduardo Hisakawa Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","eddieh"]

This was impossible, right? Eddie was dreaming, he had to be. [break][break]

He watched cautiously as Shalin ambled across the invisible bridge like she was walking on air, completely unbothered by the chasm of lava below, apparently aware of just exactly where to step to keep herself from tumbling to a violent, fiery death. Eddie was much less confident in his ability to do the same, [break][break]

“I'm not walkin' across that,” he muttered resolutely, crossing his arms across his chest, “Looks like a goddamn death trap.”[break][break]

Perhaps in a different life he could have been goaded into crossing the invisible bridge, but age had a way of really instilling a sense of self-preservation into a man. There was no coming back if he fell through thin air into the lava below; no extra lives, no trying again, just a harrowing game over.

notes[break]
Skipping Gulpin and Crobat[break]

close tab

played by

raikourider

She/Her
March 18
Ecruteak City
Straight
Expeditionary
Rustboro Captain
Single; Not Looking
5'4" height
5'4" height
awards
3,922 posts
part of
TAG WITH @shalinnariya
Shalin Nariya
Some Like it Hot | DW
POSTED ON Feb 6, 2024 22:41:24 GMT
Shalin Nariya Avatar
If this was a deathtrap, it might be better that Eddie didn't see the inside of the palace. Blistering hot rooms filled with magma that geothermally powered the lower level, Braixen, Delphox, and Ninetales patrolling halls, and traps that switched the magma flow... the list went on and on. Not to mention the second floor that they certainly wouldn't be prepared for: a fortress of Never Melt Ice high above the mountain.

She turned around. "That's fair; it's mostly been picked clean anyway. There are probably a few secret passages left, but when I was in there last time, I made a fortune from relic sales. It's how I was able to afford a Sygna Suit in the first place." She made her way back across the bridge to near where Eddie was standing, once again her footsteps echoing in the canyon. "So were you headed closer to Lavaridge or to Fallarbor? I can help you get the rest of the way there if you want."

passing!

{PC: 11}

close tab

played by

inmediasres

Eddie
HE/HIM
Thirty-nine
MAY 18th
Cascarrafa
GAY
Soldier
Private
i don't like change
but i'm not afraid
500000+ infamy height
500000+ infamy height
awards
743 posts
part of
TAG WITH @eddieh
Eduardo Hisakawa
Some Like it Hot | DW
POSTED ON Feb 7, 2024 12:35:37 GMT
Eduardo Hisakawa Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","eddieh"]

Well, that was a relief. Not only did he get to avoid risking life and limb, but it was reassuring that he wouldn't be missing out on anything in the strange fortress in the first place. Eddie wiped the sweat from his brow; the heat of this place was really starting to get to him, [break][break]

“Heading to Fallarbor, more or less. And I'd appreciate the escort; this place is a lot bigger than I thought it'd be.” [break][break]

Not to mention that he kinda hoped he'd have one last chance to ride around on Flit before the day was done. Maybe they could soar on out of the canyon together, and he could make it back to town before night fell.

notes[break]
Notes go here[break]

close tab

played by

raikourider

She/Her
March 18
Ecruteak City
Straight
Expeditionary
Rustboro Captain
Single; Not Looking
5'4" height
5'4" height
awards
3,922 posts
part of
TAG WITH @shalinnariya
Shalin Nariya
Some Like it Hot | DW
POSTED ON Feb 10, 2024 17:08:37 GMT
Shalin Nariya Avatar
"Not a problem, Eddie!" Shalin answered. "I'll take you there!" Once they were a safe distance away, Shalin would call on the help of her two giant insects again, Flit crouching next to Eddie to let him hop aboard if he so wanted.

Once both were seated on the Yanmega and Beedrill, the thrum of wings beating invisibly fast would fill the air around them, their hair perhaps standing on end from the vibrations of takeoff and even the flight itself. The beauty of the Chimney Mountain Range was theirs to witness, the much cooler air above the canyon like stepping into an air conditioned building once they had breached its heights. Thankfully there was no ashfall in the Fallarbor area, or they would have had to take a land Pokémon the rest of the way!

{PC: 12}

img
The Shula Region
Hogwarts AU
RPG Unlimited