Cascarrafa
GAY
Soldier
Private
i don't like change
but i'm not afraid
500000+ infamy height
500000+ infamy height
when everything is in disarray, i think we'll be okay!
awards
743 posts
part of
TAG WITH @eddieh
Eduardo Hisakawa
Some Like it Hot | DW
POSTED ON Jan 4, 2024 16:11:00 GMT
Eduardo Hisakawa Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","eddieh"]
[attr="class","eddiehtag"]

[attr="class","eddiehmain"]

If Eddie had a dollar for every time he'd found himself in a cavernous tunnel since moving to Hoenn, he'd have two dollars. It wasn't a lot, but it was weird that it had happened twice so far. [break][break]

This time he had come to regret his choice of apparel. Where the Rusturf Tunnel had proven to be cold and damp, the Fiery Path was really living up to it's namesake. Steam billowed from spots in the earth around him, leaving him sweltering underneath his thick fleece joggers. He had at least been able to take off the matching gray hoodie and sling it over his shoulder, but even the off-white tank top he was left with felt like too much fabric for the humid heat of the path. Eddie chugged some water from one of the bottles he brought with him and resisted the urge to just dump the rest over his head. The Mudbray at his side seemed unbothered by the heat and had begun to contentedly snack on a choice bit of loamy earth. At least she was having a good time.

notes[break]
Spawns; Fire/Poison[break]

[attr="class","eddiehpoke"]

[newclass=.eddieh]margin: 0 auto; width: 420px; box-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #333333,-2px 2px 0px #333333,2px -2px 0px #333333,-2px -2px 0px #333333; border-radius: 5px;border: solid 1px #232323;[/newclass]
[newclass=.eddieh div.quote_body] margin: 10px -20px -25px -20px!important;[/newclass]
[newclass=.eddiehmain]border-radius: 5px 5px 0px 0px;background-color:#2b2b2b;padding:65px 35px 40px 35px;text-align:justify;font-size:11.5px;line-height:16px;letter-spacing:.5px;font-family:poppins;[/newclass]
[newclass=.eddiehtag] text-align: right;font-weight: bold;position: absolute;padding: 10px 15px;border: solid 1px #232323; border-top-color: rgb(35, 35, 35); border-top-style: solid; border-top-width: 1px;background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png);border-radius: 5px 5px 0px 0px;margin: 0px 0px 0px -1px;border-top: none;background-color: #272727;width: 390px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.eddieh b] color: #D49736; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.eddieh i] color: #cecece; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.eddieh u] text-decoration: none; text-transform:uppercase; color: #dbb859; font-size: 12px;font-family:Quattrocento Sans; letter-spacing: 2px; font-weight: bold; [/newclass]
[newclass=.eddieh a] text-transform:uppercase!important;font:bold 12px Quattrocento Sans!important;letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.eddiehpoke] background-color:#272727;height:60px;background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png);background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:center right;text-align:center;padding-bottom:15px;border-radius: 0px 0px 5px 5px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

raikourider

She/Her
March 18
Ecruteak City
Straight
Expeditionary
Rustboro Captain
Single; Not Looking
5'4" height
5'4" height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
3,919 posts
part of
TAG WITH @shalinnariya
Shalin Nariya
Some Like it Hot | DW
POSTED ON Jan 6, 2024 21:34:05 GMT
Shalin Nariya Avatar
The Fiery Path brought back some fond memories. Memories of great danger, but also great excitement. Memories of Shalin and exploring and unraveling the mystery of a palace erected in defiance of reality. It was only fitting that the Rustboro Captain was in the saddle of her Beedrill, the Pokémon she had flown to the Mirage Palace in the first place.

The heated tunnel's roof gradually opened into a canyon as the two advanced, Eddie perhaps startled by the echoing sound of a buzzing bug. There was no way a wild bug Pokémon was out here; it had to be trained. If he were to turn around, he would get his answer, witnessing a giant Shiny Beedrill flying toward him, a Sygna Suited, green-haired female astride the insect!

{PC: 1}

NAME          SPECIES        STATUS
Sandy         Flygon         Good
Saria         Venusaur       Good
Queen Zing    Beedrill**     Good
Flit          Yanmega        Good
Grimmie       Houndoom       Good
Mia           Glaceon        Good
close tab

played by

inmediasres

Eddie
HE/HIM
Thirty-nine
MAY 18th
Cascarrafa
GAY
Soldier
Private
i don't like change
but i'm not afraid
500000+ infamy height
500000+ infamy height
awards
743 posts
part of
TAG WITH @eddieh
Eduardo Hisakawa
Some Like it Hot | DW
POSTED ON Jan 7, 2024 11:58:07 GMT
Eduardo Hisakawa Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","eddieh"]

Eddie thought he might have been hearing things when he first noticed the ominous, insectiod thrumming of wings in the tunnel that stretched behind him. Maybe he was finally succumbing to heat stroke, and Delilah would have to drag him out of the tunnel to safety. But when he turned around to determine whether or not the sound was a figment of his imagination, he was quite surprised to be met by a trainer riding a giant bug Pokemon. [break][break]

The giant green wasp wasn't a Pokemon that Eddie was particularly familiar with; it wasn't a species native to Paldea, and when he wracked his memory to come up with a name to tie to the wasp-like face, he couldn't remember any that were this shade of lime green before. He would have been more startled by the unfamiliar bug creature if he hadn't noticed the woman riding it, [break][break]

“Yo!” he called out in greeting, waving an arm to make sure the woman saw him from behind the form of her bug-like mount, “Cool Pokemon!”

notes[break]

[newclass=.eddieh]margin: 0 auto; width: 420px; box-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #333333,-2px 2px 0px #333333,2px -2px 0px #333333,-2px -2px 0px #333333; border-radius: 5px;border: solid 1px #232323;[/newclass]
[newclass=.eddieh div.quote_body] margin: 10px -20px -25px -20px!important;[/newclass]
[newclass=.eddiehmain]border-radius: 5px 5px 0px 0px;background-color:#2b2b2b;padding:65px 35px 40px 35px;text-align:justify;font-size:11.5px;line-height:16px;letter-spacing:.5px;font-family:poppins;[/newclass]
[newclass=.eddiehtag] text-align: right;font-weight: bold;position: absolute;padding: 10px 15px;border: solid 1px #232323; border-top-color: rgb(35, 35, 35); border-top-style: solid; border-top-width: 1px;background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png);border-radius: 5px 5px 0px 0px;margin: 0px 0px 0px -1px;border-top: none;background-color: #272727;width: 390px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.eddieh b] color: #D49736; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.eddieh i] color: #cecece; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.eddieh u] text-decoration: none; text-transform:uppercase; color: #dbb859; font-size: 12px;font-family:Quattrocento Sans; letter-spacing: 2px; font-weight: bold; [/newclass]
[newclass=.eddieh a] text-transform:uppercase!important;font:bold 12px Quattrocento Sans!important;letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.eddiehpoke] background-color:#272727;height:60px;background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png);background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:center right;text-align:center;padding-bottom:15px;border-radius: 0px 0px 5px 5px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

raikourider

She/Her
March 18
Ecruteak City
Straight
Expeditionary
Rustboro Captain
Single; Not Looking
5'4" height
5'4" height
awards
3,919 posts
part of
TAG WITH @shalinnariya
Shalin Nariya
Some Like it Hot | DW
POSTED ON Jan 10, 2024 23:02:50 GMT
Shalin Nariya Avatar
With her earplugs in and her mount's wings loudly buzzing mere feet from her ears, Shalin could not hear Eddie. She could, however, see him waving toward her. Wheeling Queen Zing toward him, the wasp swooped near him before circling around the canyon floor to make her landing. She sat on the insect's back for a minute or two after they landed, waiting for feeling to return to her limbs before waving back.

"Hi there!" Shalin at last waved back. "Need a hand down there? It can be dangerous near the Chimney Mountains!" Queen Zing briefly fluttered her wings beneath the threshold of human hearing, idly blowing hot air in circles around them all.

{PC: 2}

close tab

played by

gremlin creature

the shadow mod
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
mod
googoo gaga
spiral is my big poppa pump (positive)
600 foot tall baby height
600 foot tall baby height
sleeping in mod reqs
awards
3,500 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mod
spiral and shiv's baby
Some Like it Hot | DW
POSTED ON Jan 11, 2024 0:48:25 GMT
spiral and shiv's baby Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","wildtemp"]
[attr="class","wildbgsaf"]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]A WILD QUILAVA APPEARED!
[attr="class","wildshiny"]

[attr="class","wildpkmnbox"]
[attr="class","wildpkmn"]

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox"] MALE
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] BLAZE
[attr="class","wildtabox"]EMBER
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]LAVA PLUME
[attr="class","wildtabox"]QUICK ATTACK
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]FLAME WHEEL
[attr="class","wildtabox"] ---
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] ---

[attr="class","wildtag"]

[attr="class","wildnote"] WHAT WILL YOU DO?

[break][break]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]A WILD BELLSPROUT APPEARED!

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] CHLOROPHYLL
[attr="class","wildtabox"]POISON POWDER
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]STUN SPORE
[attr="class","wildtabox"]VINE WHIP
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]POWER WHIP

[attr="class","wildtag"]

[break][break]
close tab

played by

inmediasres

Eddie
HE/HIM
Thirty-nine
MAY 18th
Cascarrafa
GAY
Soldier
Private
i don't like change
but i'm not afraid
500000+ infamy height
500000+ infamy height
awards
743 posts
part of
TAG WITH @eddieh
Eduardo Hisakawa
Some Like it Hot | DW
POSTED ON Jan 11, 2024 14:39:38 GMT
Eduardo Hisakawa Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","eddieh"]

Eddie beamed as the younger woman waved back at him, though the over-sized wasp gave him a moment of pause when it landed. This Pokemon was a lot bigger than he originally anticipated, and something about it's vibrant compound eyes sent a shiver down Eddie's spine. Forcing down his mild discomfort, Eddie replied jovially, [break][break]

“Wouldn't mind it! I'm new to these parts.” [break][break]

And he truly wouldn't mind it, despite being somewhat confident in his ability to navigate the place. It would be just his luck that he'd end up falling off a cliff or getting swallowed up by quicksand in a place like this. And Arceus knew Delilah wasn't the most aware Pokemon of his crew. At present, she watched the young woman and her Beedrill with mild annoyance, their presence having apparently disturbed her mud-munching.

notes[break]
Skipping Quilava and Bellsprout[break]

close tab

played by

raikourider

She/Her
March 18
Ecruteak City
Straight
Expeditionary
Rustboro Captain
Single; Not Looking
5'4" height
5'4" height
awards
3,919 posts
part of
TAG WITH @shalinnariya
Shalin Nariya
Some Like it Hot | DW
POSTED ON Jan 16, 2024 7:02:08 GMT
Shalin Nariya Avatar
With Eddie willing to accept her help, Shalin relaxed and popped open a second Poké Ball. This one contained a second giant insect, a Yanmega that also wore a saddle. Did every single one of her Pokémon have them? "The canyon can be a bit tricky to navigate without being able to fly! Name's Shalin. Captain Shalin Nariya of Rustboro. These two are Flit and Queen Zing, two of my most reliable partners," she gestured to the Yanmega, then the Beedrill she was seated on.

Most of the time, when trainers came out to the harsh locale, it was in search of fire Pokémon. There were still a few Shalin didn't have for her Romping Grounds, and some of them could rodeo quite hard. What concerned her more was their proximity to the Mirage Palace, a mystic structure erected in defiance of reality.

{PC: 3}

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
40,887 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
Some Like it Hot | DW
POSTED ON Jan 17, 2024 6:36:13 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]A WILD TALONFLAME APPEARED!

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox"] FEMALE
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] GALE WINGS
[attr="class","wildtabox"]FLAIL
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]EMBER
[attr="class","wildtabox"]TACKLE
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]ME FIRST

[attr="class","wildtag"]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]A WILD TORRACAT APPEARED!

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] BLAZE
[attr="class","wildtabox"]THRASH
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]GROWL
[attr="class","wildtabox"]BITE
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]SWAGGER

[attr="class","wildtag"]

close tab

played by

inmediasres

Eddie
HE/HIM
Thirty-nine
MAY 18th
Cascarrafa
GAY
Soldier
Private
i don't like change
but i'm not afraid
500000+ infamy height
500000+ infamy height
awards
743 posts
part of
TAG WITH @eddieh
Eduardo Hisakawa
Some Like it Hot | DW
POSTED ON Jan 17, 2024 11:35:01 GMT
Eduardo Hisakawa Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","eddieh"]

The mild creepiness of the Beedrill paled in comparison to the how outright intimidating Flit the Yanmega was. It looked like a prehistoric creature revived from amber, with it's multi-segmented body and the little pointed teeth sticking out from underneath it's own violently red compound eyes. Eddie swallowed hard as he appraised the creature; yeah, no, he couldn't deny that this Bug-type gave him the creeps. But, Eddie was never one to back down from a challenge, so he nodded in acknowledgment as he prepared to board the rather large dragonfly, [break][break]

“I'm, uh, Eddie. Eddie Hisakawa,” he offered in introduction. Before he could make it onto the Yanmega's saddle, he heard a feline yowling from behind him. [break][break]

Turning around, he saw Delilah STOMPing on a wild Torracat, somehow having managed to pin the cat beneath her. Eddie sighed as he walked over and effortlessly picked up the small donkey, her little legs flailing underneath her, [break][break]

“Lilah, ya can't just bully any critter that gets too close to your mud,” he chided the Mudbray. [break][break]

The Torracat definitely looked a little worse for wear; he was alive, yes, but... flattened, somehow? His fur was completely caked with mud, which weighed down his voluminous mane and fur, making the Fire-type look far leaner than a Torracat typically would. He was so caked in mud, in fact, that Eddie could only really make out his glowering yellow eyes from beneath the layers of muck. Digging into his pocket, Eddie tossed a Poke Ball at the creature; the least he could do to make it up to him was get him healed up and into a warm bath. [break][break]

Carrying the Mudbray under his arm, tucked up close like a football, Eddie made his way back over to Shalin in preparation to board Flit once more, [break][break]

“Sorry 'bout that; the ol' gal gets real pissy sometimes.”

notes[break]
Catching Torracat![break]

close tab

played by

raikourider

She/Her
March 18
Ecruteak City
Straight
Expeditionary
Rustboro Captain
Single; Not Looking
5'4" height
5'4" height
awards
3,919 posts
part of
TAG WITH @shalinnariya
Shalin Nariya
Some Like it Hot | DW
POSTED ON Jan 20, 2024 16:08:10 GMT
Shalin Nariya Avatar
Eddie's tension did not go unnoticed. Yanmega were enormous bug-types, but Shalin's was even larger than the usual. His compound eyes and giant mandibles made him a mean-looking mount despite his merely curious personality. "They're both sweethearts," Shalin tried to reassure Eddie. "The only thing is you'll want to have some ear protection." The Ranger offered Eddie a second set of earplugs. "You'll be sitting a few feet from giant wings beating over a hundred times per second. They'll keep you from going deaf."

The screech of a Talonflame caught the Ranger's attention, the firebird like a comet high above the canyon. It reminded her of Merton, her own Talonflame, who saw little action. She needed to fix that, but Talonflame were so fast. Fast enough to make her vomit. Maybe she should have brought the fire-type with her to at least ease herself into the speed.

Once Eddie was ready to fly, Shalin would go over the basics of controlling an aerial mount if he asked. After that, she would don her earplugs and get ready to bumble above the canyon.

passing!

{PC: 4}

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
40,887 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
Some Like it Hot | DW
POSTED ON Jan 21, 2024 18:42:34 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]A WILD SNEASLER APPEARED!

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox"] FEMALE
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] UNBURDEN
[attr="class","wildtabox"]LEER
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]SCREECH
[attr="class","wildtabox"]QUICK ATTACK
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]HONE CLAWS

[attr="class","wildtag"]

[break]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]A WILD KOFFING APPEARED!

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] STENCH
[attr="class","wildtabox"]MEMENTO
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]ASSURANCE
[attr="class","wildtabox"]CLEAR SMOG
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]BELCH

[attr="class","wildtag"]

CAUGHT THE TORRACAT!

close tab

played by

inmediasres

Eddie
HE/HIM
Thirty-nine
MAY 18th
Cascarrafa
GAY
Soldier
Private
i don't like change
but i'm not afraid
500000+ infamy height
500000+ infamy height
awards
743 posts
part of
TAG WITH @eddieh
Eduardo Hisakawa
Some Like it Hot | DW
POSTED ON Jan 21, 2024 20:19:27 GMT
Eduardo Hisakawa Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","eddieh"]

Yeah, sure, the giant dragonfly that looked like a relic of the Cretaceous period was a sweetheart. But, far be it from Eddie to question the expert. After recalling Delilah to her Pokeball (and scooping up the Pokeball housing his new Torracat), Eddie accepted the earbuds and finally got himself seated on the Yanmega's saddle, [break][break]

“So how do I pilot this fella?” Eddie asked as he adjusted to make himself comfortable. [break][break]

He marveled at how easily the Bug-type was able to bear his weight. Eddie was a big guy, and there was a brief pang of anxiety as he imagined himself accidentally crushing the carapace of poor Flit. Thankfully, that didn't come to pass, so hopefully that would bode well for his first trip aboard a flying Pokemon.

notes[break]
Skipping Sneasler and Koffing[break]

close tab

played by

raikourider

She/Her
March 18
Ecruteak City
Straight
Expeditionary
Rustboro Captain
Single; Not Looking
5'4" height
5'4" height
awards
3,919 posts
part of
TAG WITH @shalinnariya
Shalin Nariya
Some Like it Hot | DW
POSTED ON Jan 22, 2024 7:20:24 GMT
Shalin Nariya Avatar
Flit flinched when the stout man climbed aboard. It was a load he was not used to, but not one his powerful wings couldn't overcome. Not even with difficulty. It would take a little getting used to, but he could fly with Eddie seated on him. "It's a little more complicated than riding on land, but it's still not too hard," Shalin explained. "Think of the reins like they're attached to a joystick. He'll turn in the direction you pull, whether up, down, or to one side. Pull harder on them if you want to fly higher, and let them slack some if you want to fly closer to the ground. If you use your legs to put pressure on his sides, he'll fly faster, and if you ease up, he'll slow down. Just watch out for the vibration when he takes off and lands. It's not too bad when you get in the air, but it can be a bit startling if you're not used to it."

After her explanation, and once Eddie was ready, both oversized bugs started to buzz their wings, getting them warmed up for flight. It would be a good opportunity to get used to the tingling feeling before the sudden burst of vibration that would come with taking off. If Flit sensed Eddie was uncomfortable, especially during takeoff, the Yanmega would handle getting into the air on his own before relinquishing control to the construction worker.

passing!

{WC: 242}
{PC: 5}

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
40,887 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
Some Like it Hot | DW
POSTED ON Jan 23, 2024 6:39:49 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]A WILD SCOVILLAIN APPEARED!

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] MOODY
[attr="class","wildtabox"]SPICY EXTRACT
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]BITE
[attr="class","wildtabox"]HEADBUTT
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]WORRY SEED

[attr="class","wildtag"]

[break]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]A WILD HOUNDOUR APPEARED!

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] EARLY BIRD
[attr="class","wildtabox"]INFERNO
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]LEER
[attr="class","wildtabox"]SMOG
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]BEAT UP

[attr="class","wildtag"]

close tab

played by

inmediasres

Eddie
HE/HIM
Thirty-nine
MAY 18th
Cascarrafa
GAY
Soldier
Private
i don't like change
but i'm not afraid
500000+ infamy height
500000+ infamy height
awards
743 posts
part of
TAG WITH @eddieh
Eduardo Hisakawa
Some Like it Hot | DW
POSTED ON Jan 23, 2024 11:46:41 GMT
Eduardo Hisakawa Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","eddieh"]

The explanation seemed simple enough, and Eddie had played enough Ace Combat as a kid to really latch onto the “video game”-y aspect of the controls, [break][break]

“Got it!” he beamed at Shalin, giving her a big thumbs up as he popped in his earplugs. He braced himself for the takeoff, but no amount of mental preparation could have prepared him for the absolutely bizarre physical sensation that followed. [break][break]

The initial buzz of the wings was fine to start with, though the way it made the air vibrate around Eddie had the hairs on his arms standing on end. The actual take-off, however, was something else altogether. As they rose into the air, the only way he could think to describe it was like sitting on a jackhammer going a million miles an hour; it was an all-consuming, almost overwhelming feeling, like his bones were going to vibrate their way out from under his skin. Thankfully, Flit was kind enough to handle the controls for taking off, and by the time that Eddie could actually focus on what he was doing, he found that they were hovering high in the air. [break][break]

Eddie turned back to Shalin and shot her a wide-eyed look of astonishment. This was wild; did she do this sort of thing all of the time?

notes[break]
Skipping Scovillian and Houndour[break]

img
The Shula Region
Hogwarts AU
RPG Unlimited
MR
The Enroi Region
N:FB
Vyrehaven
Celestial Guardians, AU Sailor Moon RP
EO GENESIS
Code and Crown: An advanced literate warriors cats RP, set in medieval times
Swords Clashing