March 18
Ecruteak City
Straight
Expeditionary
Rustboro Captain
Single; Not Looking
5'4" height
5'4" height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
3,475 posts
part of
TAG WITH @shalinnariya
Shalin Nariya
Round Nineteen: Shalin vs. Eduardo [VCT]
POSTED ON Jan 7, 2024 22:08:34 GMT
Shalin Nariya Avatar
"Attention all Vital City Tournament participants. Pairings are up for round nineteen. Pairings are up for round nineteen."

Shalin hadn't had a BLT in a while. It wasn't a heavy sandwich, but it sure was filling. The speed at which the nearby sandwich stand prepared her lunch gave the Captain plenty of time to relax before her last six matches of the main tournament.

Heading to her assigned arena, Queen Zing the Beedrill crawling next to her, Shalin waved to . "Afternoon, Eddie! Didn't think I'd run into you here! Your tournament going well? Must be if you made the second day!"

Planning to use Mega Evolution!

{PC: 1}

NAME          SPECIES        STATUS
Queen Zing    Beedrill**     ♥♥♥

XigPGEgk
close tab

played by

inmediasres

Eddie
HE/HIM
Thirty-nine
MAY 18th
Cascarrafa
GAY
Military Recruit
Private
i only pray
don't fall away from me
6' 3" height
6' 3" height
if the wind turns, if i hit a squall, allow the ground to find its brutal way to me.
awards
426 posts
part of
TAG WITH @eddieh
Eduardo Hisakawa
POSTED ON Jan 7, 2024 22:16:18 GMT
Eduardo Hisakawa Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","eddieh"]
[attr="class","eddiehtag"]

[attr="class","eddiehmain"]

Eddie had eaten entirely too much during his break between his last match and the one he was about to head to. But how could he resist the siren song of the food carts that currently lined the streets of Lilycove? He had just finished gorging himself on a helping of Johtonian okonomiyaki and the greasy food was settling heavily. The food coma that was quickly overtaking him was so strong, in fact, that he almost didn't register the familiar voice addressing him. As he stepped into the arena, Eddie was surprised to see the familiar faces of Shalin and her Beedrill, [break][break]

“Yo, good to see ya!” he called cheerfully as Beau plodded up to stand alongside him, “It's, uh, goin', but I'm sure you're moppin' the floor with some of the trainers out here.” [break][break]

He didn't care to dwell on the fact that he had more losses than wins at this point, but maybe that was to be expected as a rookie from a different region. On the other hand, that would make a potential victory against the storied veteran standing before him all the sweeter. [break][break]

notes[break]
No gimmicks battle[break]
Part of the Vital City Tournament[break]

[attr="class","eddiehpoke"]

[newclass=.eddieh]margin: 0 auto; width: 420px; box-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #333333,-2px 2px 0px #333333,2px -2px 0px #333333,-2px -2px 0px #333333; border-radius: 5px;border: solid 1px #232323;[/newclass]
[newclass=.eddieh div.quote_body] margin: 10px -20px -25px -20px!important;[/newclass]
[newclass=.eddiehmain]border-radius: 5px 5px 0px 0px;background-color:#2b2b2b;padding:65px 35px 40px 35px;text-align:justify;font-size:11.5px;line-height:16px;letter-spacing:.5px;font-family:poppins;[/newclass]
[newclass=.eddiehtag] text-align: right;font-weight: bold;position: absolute;padding: 10px 15px;border: solid 1px #232323; border-top-color: rgb(35, 35, 35); border-top-style: solid; border-top-width: 1px;background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png);border-radius: 5px 5px 0px 0px;margin: 0px 0px 0px -1px;border-top: none;background-color: #272727;width: 390px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.eddieh b] color: #D49736; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.eddieh i] color: #cecece; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.eddieh u] text-decoration: none; text-transform:uppercase; color: #dbb859; font-size: 12px;font-family:Quattrocento Sans; letter-spacing: 2px; font-weight: bold; [/newclass]
[newclass=.eddieh a] text-transform:uppercase!important;font:bold 12px Quattrocento Sans!important;letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.eddiehpoke] background-color:#272727;height:60px;background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png);background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:center right;text-align:center;padding-bottom:15px;border-radius: 0px 0px 5px 5px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

raikourider

She/Her
March 18
Ecruteak City
Straight
Expeditionary
Rustboro Captain
Single; Not Looking
5'4" height
5'4" height
awards
3,475 posts
part of
TAG WITH @shalinnariya
Shalin Nariya
POSTED ON Jan 7, 2024 22:55:37 GMT
Shalin Nariya Avatar
While Shalin appreciated the flattery, it was far from the case that Shalin was doing well in the tournament. She had barely scraped into Day Two, and was out of contention for the top cut. It was also unlikely for her to make the money. A loss would not outright bubble her out, but she would need help with a loss.

Before the two could catch up any more, the starting horn blared, prompting Queen Zing to take to the air and thrust her foreleg stings toward the Tauros in a flurry of POISON JABS.

2eHo8N8Q

Planning to use Mega Evolution!

{PC: 2}

close tab

played by

inmediasres

Eddie
HE/HIM
Thirty-nine
MAY 18th
Cascarrafa
GAY
Military Recruit
Private
i only pray
don't fall away from me
6' 3" height
6' 3" height
if the wind turns, if i hit a squall, allow the ground to find its brutal way to me.
awards
426 posts
part of
TAG WITH @eddieh
Eduardo Hisakawa
POSTED ON Jan 7, 2024 23:00:43 GMT
Eduardo Hisakawa Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","eddieh"]

As the starting horn sounded, Eddie backed away as Beau sprang forward. The first thing they'd have to contend with was the multitudinous POISON JABS lobbed at the bull by the Beedrill hovering above. Unfortunately, there wasn't much that could be done as furious stingers broke through Beau's hide. The bull lowed in pain, thrashing and kicking at the giant wasp Pokemon, hoping to catch her with his horns or hooves as he bucked like a RAGING BULL. Perhaps it wasn't the most effective strategy when facing an aerial opponent, but Eddie was hard-pressed to come up with an alternative course of action.[break][break]

cxH|uYIw[break]
HP: 2/3 [BREAK][BREAK]

notes[break]

[newclass=.eddieh]margin: 0 auto; width: 420px; box-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #333333,-2px 2px 0px #333333,2px -2px 0px #333333,-2px -2px 0px #333333; border-radius: 5px;border: solid 1px #232323;[/newclass]
[newclass=.eddieh div.quote_body] margin: 10px -20px -25px -20px!important;[/newclass]
[newclass=.eddiehmain]border-radius: 5px 5px 0px 0px;background-color:#2b2b2b;padding:65px 35px 40px 35px;text-align:justify;font-size:11.5px;line-height:16px;letter-spacing:.5px;font-family:poppins;[/newclass]
[newclass=.eddiehtag] text-align: right;font-weight: bold;position: absolute;padding: 10px 15px;border: solid 1px #232323; border-top-color: rgb(35, 35, 35); border-top-style: solid; border-top-width: 1px;background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png);border-radius: 5px 5px 0px 0px;margin: 0px 0px 0px -1px;border-top: none;background-color: #272727;width: 390px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.eddieh b] color: #D49736; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.eddieh i] color: #cecece; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.eddieh u] text-decoration: none; text-transform:uppercase; color: #dbb859; font-size: 12px;font-family:Quattrocento Sans; letter-spacing: 2px; font-weight: bold; [/newclass]
[newclass=.eddieh a] text-transform:uppercase!important;font:bold 12px Quattrocento Sans!important;letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.eddiehpoke] background-color:#272727;height:60px;background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png);background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:center right;text-align:center;padding-bottom:15px;border-radius: 0px 0px 5px 5px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

raikourider

She/Her
March 18
Ecruteak City
Straight
Expeditionary
Rustboro Captain
Single; Not Looking
5'4" height
5'4" height
awards
3,475 posts
part of
TAG WITH @shalinnariya
Shalin Nariya
POSTED ON Jan 8, 2024 5:47:04 GMT
Shalin Nariya Avatar
Wow, that Tauros had some serious buck to him! If she became good friends with Eddie, she might have to challenge the water-type to unseat her. Struggling against such a strong Pokémon sounded fun! There would be another time for that, though; Shalin had a match to win. Raising her index and middle fingers to her MEGA CIRCLET, the Captain faced Queen Zing, both of them glowing with the light of MEGA EVOLUTION.

Queen Zing buzzed all the harder and louder in her berserk state, giving her the strength to hold on despite Beau's thrashing. The vibration would not only make the rear barb of her FELL STINGER more painful in and of itself, but it would also raise the rate she was able to pump her burning poison into the poor Pokémon.

That Beedrill showed no mercy to anyone when Mega Evolved. In a way, not even to her trainer.

uYDcCe2A

Mega Evolution 1/2!

{WC: 153}
{PC: 3}

close tab

played by

inmediasres

Eddie
HE/HIM
Thirty-nine
MAY 18th
Cascarrafa
GAY
Military Recruit
Private
i only pray
don't fall away from me
6' 3" height
6' 3" height
awards
426 posts
part of
TAG WITH @eddieh
Eduardo Hisakawa
POSTED ON Jan 8, 2024 11:28:57 GMT
Eduardo Hisakawa Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","eddieh"]

If a giant wasp stinging the hell out of his Pokemon wasn't frightening enough, then the creature metamorphosing into a larger and somehow more dangerous looking version of itself was borderline terrifying. Eddie's eyes widened as he watched the Beedrill MEGA EVOLVE and launch herself at Beau once more, this time with a painful looking FELL STINGER, [break][break]

“Beau, keep it up! You've gotta get 'em off of ya!” Eddie roared, hoping that his bit of encouragement could bolster the bull's spirit.[break][break]

With a final, lurching buck, Beau reeled back and managed to fling the Beedrill off of his hide. The bull leapt to the side to get some distance, reeling back his hind legs to launch a powerful DOUBLE KICK onto the oversized wasp. [break][break]

56i4NEXc[break]

notes[break]

close tab

played by

raikourider

She/Her
March 18
Ecruteak City
Straight
Expeditionary
Rustboro Captain
Single; Not Looking
5'4" height
5'4" height
awards
3,475 posts
part of
TAG WITH @shalinnariya
Shalin Nariya
POSTED ON Jan 8, 2024 20:37:59 GMT
Shalin Nariya Avatar
Beau's strength was impressive; the horned Pokémon's DOUBLE KICK cracked even the Meva Evolved Pokémon's carapace. Getting the hint of bug fluids off the Tauros' skin might prove to be a challenge for Eddie after the match, though; it was sticky and disgusting stuff. It was only the Beedrill's apex form that kept her from falling out of the sky.

If one sting was not enough, then what about four, rapidly POISON JABBING back and forth? The barrage of stabbing strikes, painful as they would be if they hit and perforated the bull's side, would not be the source of the true pain. Beedrill venom was potent, one of the most powerful poisons that could legally be sold, and only due to the Pokémon's status as a dangerous pest. While not a contact poison, if absorbed into the skin, it would make its victims feel like they were burning up from the inside out.

gV57EUB7+20

Mega Evolution 2/2!

{WC: 157}
{PC: 4}

Queen Zing    Beedrill**     ♥♥
close tab

played by

inmediasres

Eddie
HE/HIM
Thirty-nine
MAY 18th
Cascarrafa
GAY
Military Recruit
Private
i only pray
don't fall away from me
6' 3" height
6' 3" height
awards
426 posts
part of
TAG WITH @eddieh
Eduardo Hisakawa
POSTED ON Jan 9, 2024 12:27:52 GMT
Eduardo Hisakawa Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","eddieh"]

If the viscous goo oozing out of the Beedrill's wound wasn't foul enough, then the stinging barrage of POISON JABS certainly was. Though unfamiliar with the species, Eddie shuddered to think of what kind of toxic qualities a wasp of that size might possess. It had been bad enough that Beau had been hit once by the attack; how bad would the damage be if he was hit by another?[break][break]

Before he could call out to the bull, however, Beau managed to deftly sidestep the hail of stinging blows. Seeing an opening, he quickly charged back into the Beedrill, propelling himself at rapid speeds with a swift AQUA JET. Eddie knew they had to keep up the pressure to ensure that the oversized bug couldn't get an opening to strike back.[break][break]

IbmekSsj[break]

notes[break]

close tab

played by

raikourider

She/Her
March 18
Ecruteak City
Straight
Expeditionary
Rustboro Captain
Single; Not Looking
5'4" height
5'4" height
awards
3,475 posts
part of
TAG WITH @shalinnariya
Shalin Nariya
POSTED ON Jan 9, 2024 19:24:22 GMT
Shalin Nariya Avatar
The swift AQUA JET from the Tauros made all of Queen Zing's stings catch air. Worse yet, she had overextended her motion, leaving her right in the path of a follow-up attack. Shalin winced as she heard a cracking noise upon impact. Tauros were powerful, and a species she wanted to ride, but lacked the strength to do so. Capable of bucking with overwhelming force, one would quickly overwhelm and overpower her lithe body. Eddie's looked about ready to overwhelm her Pokémon, too.

With that kind of strength, Queen Zing had to act defensively. There was ample time for the poison to wear Beau out if she could jeep her distance long enough. Her wings buzzed louder and faster, whipping up a TAILWIND behind herself to make herself more elusive.

EJm|BezD

{WC: 131}
{PC: 5}

Queen Zing    Beedrill**     ♥♥
close tab

played by

inmediasres

Eddie
HE/HIM
Thirty-nine
MAY 18th
Cascarrafa
GAY
Military Recruit
Private
i only pray
don't fall away from me
6' 3" height
6' 3" height
awards
426 posts
part of
TAG WITH @eddieh
Eduardo Hisakawa
POSTED ON Jan 10, 2024 11:37:40 GMT
Eduardo Hisakawa Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","eddieh"]

The successful retaliation of the AQUA JET produced a mixed reaction in Eddie. On the one hand, he was elated that the battle was going so well. On the other hand, the sickening crunch of the Beedrill's carapace made him feel ill. This was exactly why he didn't typically deal with bug Pokemon. [break][break]

He didn't have much time to consider this as the Beedrill kicked up it's TAILWIND. A wolfish grin peeled across Eddie's face; they were on the defensive, which meant that he and Beau had the momentum to close out this match. Beau seemed to realize this too as water from the atmosphere coalesced around his body, shrouding him in an aquatic veil. Keeping his eyes trained on the Beedrill, he waited just the briefest of moments before he charged at the Pokemon with a full-body AQUA CRASH. Depending on how the bull timed his attack, this could spell the end of the match in more ways then one.[break][break]

IXxQ4j5a[break]

notes[break]

close tab

played by

raikourider

She/Her
March 18
Ecruteak City
Straight
Expeditionary
Rustboro Captain
Single; Not Looking
5'4" height
5'4" height
awards
3,475 posts
part of
TAG WITH @shalinnariya
Shalin Nariya
POSTED ON Jan 11, 2024 16:44:31 GMT
Shalin Nariya Avatar
The order to use AQUA CRASH was reckless against such a nimble foe; a miss, whether narrow or wide, would leave the Tauros wide open for a horrific sting. Whether by exquisite timing or by complete fortune, Eddie's plan worked, one of Beau's horns finding the giant insect's carapace. It did not take Shalin long to withdraw her after the brutal sight.

"You're a lot tougher than you look, Eddie," Shalin admitted, her loss putting her in jeopardy of not cashing in the tournament at all. "See you around! Can't wait to see you in Petalburg Woods again!" With that, the Captain turned around to get her partner patched up prior to the next round.

{PC: 6}

close tab

played by

inmediasres

Eddie
HE/HIM
Thirty-nine
MAY 18th
Cascarrafa
GAY
Military Recruit
Private
i only pray
don't fall away from me
6' 3" height
6' 3" height
awards
426 posts
part of
TAG WITH @eddieh
Eduardo Hisakawa
POSTED ON Jan 11, 2024 17:23:51 GMT
Eduardo Hisakawa Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","eddieh"]

Eddie bellowed a loud cheer as Beau's reckless attack sailed right into the Beedrill, knocking it out and winning them the match. He jogged up to the Tauros to give him a hearty pat on the side and offered Shalin a broad grin, [break][break]

“Thanks!” he beamed, “See ya around!” [break][break]

With that, he recalled Beau, realizing that he probably should seek some treatment for any weird wasp poison still coursing through the bull's veins. But that was a win in the bag, and Eddie couldn't be any happier.[break][break]

notes[break]
Eddie wins![break]

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
39,029 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
POSTED ON Jan 12, 2024 4:44:29 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]VCT COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: