Saffron City
Bi
administrative assistant
Officer
dead flowers
pressed against my lips
156 cm // 5'1" height
156 cm // 5'1" height
oceans of angels, oceans of stars, down by the sea is where you drown your scars
awards
995 posts
part of
TAG WITH @2baki
Hyakkaryōran Tsubaki
VCT: HOWI VS BAKI
POSTED ON Jan 8, 2024 1:28:08 GMT
Hyakkaryōran Tsubaki Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","petalbasetsu4"]
[attr="class","star1tsu4"]
[attr="class","circleoutline1tsu4"]

[attr="class","starimgtsu4"]

[attr="class","star2tsu4"]Baki glances up from her phone, looking over her next competitor. There's a look of familiarity in the glare she gives him, every bit as intimidating as her Arbok's.[break][break]

"Surprised you're here. Figured you didn't like battling. Thought you'd be reading a dusty ol' tome in a library somewhere."[break][break]

Her Arbok enters a ready stance, reeling back off the ground and standing taller than the girl behind her. The pattern on her belly ripples, hypnotic in its movements. Light catching off the serpent's scales make the face almost seem alive. [break][break]

"Time to see what's better, brains versus brawn, hm?"[break][break]

She's cocky, clearly playing up her venomous remarks for the crowd. [break][break]

+ [break]
+ 3/3

[attr="class","star3tsu4"]
[attr="class","petalpoketsu4"]
[attr="class","rouxcredittsu4"]

[newclass=.petalbasetsu4]font:11px roboto;--accent:#d5bed2;[/newclass]
[newclass=.petalbasetsu4]max-width: 450px; height: auto;border: 1px solid #1a1a1a; border-radius: 10px; overflow: hidden; background: #252525;
[/newclass]
[newclass=.star1tsu4]border-radius: 10px 10px 0px 0; max-width: 460px; height: 220px; background: url(https://i.imgur.com/ZtFj789.png), rgb(160, 132, 155, 0.65); background-blend-mode: luminosity; background-attachment: fixed; background-size: contain; display: flex; justify-content: center; align-items: center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.starimgtsu4]width: 100px; height: 100px; position: relative; border-radius: 100%; object-fit: cover;[/newclass]
[newclass=.starimgtsu4 img]height:100px;width:100px;border-radius:100%;[/newclass]
[newclass=.star2tsu4]width: 350px; padding: 20px; font-size: 13px; text-align: justify; color: #eee; margin: 20px 0px 20px 0px; border-radius: 5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.petalpoketsu4]text-align: center; margin: 0 auto; [/newclass]
[newclass=.petalpoketsu4 img]margin-top:0px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.circleoutline1tsu4]border-radius: 100%; width: 120px; height: 120px; background: var(--accent); opacity: 0.3; position: absolute; [/newclass]
[newclass=.star2tsu4 b]font-weight: bold; color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=.star2tsu4 i]text-decoration:italic; color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=.star3tsu4] border-radius: 0px 0px 0px 0; max-width: 460px; height: 50px; background: url(https://i.imgur.com/ZtFj789.png), rgb(160, 132, 155, 0.65); background-blend-mode: luminosity; background-attachment: fixed; background-size: contain; display: flex; text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.rouxcredittsu4]align:right; color:#AB4646; font-size:10px; text-align:right; padding:10px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Magnetic

Admin Fox
He/Him
May 9th
Rustboro City
Bisexual
Archaeologist
Rocket Admin
The future will tempt you, the present will indulge you, but the past will shackle you.
awards
1,869 posts
part of
TAG WITH @magnetic
howard slayte
POSTED ON Jan 8, 2024 4:29:42 GMT
howard slayte Avatar
"I'm not in the tournament. Someone put me in by mistake."

The words fall like hammer blows. There's no energy behind them. Nothing for Tsubaki to play off of for the crowd. There is only despair. Despair at the TOs for their inability to organize a citywide event. Despair at almost getting struck by lightning. Despair at fighting Gym Leaders and Elite Four members and Top Rangers and whatever else this Arceusforsaken tournament had to offer.

His dead eye brightened.

"I'll still wring out your snake, Tsubaki. Maybe I'll charm it with some dances I learned overseas." He said with a wry grin. "There's a lotta books on ass kicking, y'know?"

"Zzz... Larvitar... Zzz..." Serizawa snored in the middle of the arena, unwilling to wake up for fanfare or a proper battle.

3/3 (NO MECHANIC)

close tab

played by

Nagato

Baki
She/Her
December 21
Saffron City
Bi
administrative assistant
Officer
dead flowers
pressed against my lips
156 cm // 5'1" height
156 cm // 5'1" height
oceans of angels, oceans of stars, down by the sea is where you drown your scars
awards
995 posts
part of
TAG WITH @2baki
Hyakkaryōran Tsubaki
POSTED ON Jan 8, 2024 4:50:11 GMT
[nospaces]

[attr="class","star2tsu4"]"Hah! ... sorry, but this girl ain't gonna be charmed by anyone but me!"[break][break]

The snake hangs on to every word, muscles coiling beneath a coat of sleek black-violet scales. She flicks her tongue in and out steadily, smelling him. Smelling her prey.[break][break]

Baki hisses under her breath and suddenly she rises to height, the pattern on her belly moving like it's alive. A trick of the light, scales on her throat rattling as she hisses violently, shifting and making it look angry. That intimidating presence only lends itself to making her hungry eyes more terrifying. [break][break]

"Y'know, theory only gets you so far... gotta put it into PRACTICE!"[break][break]

Her Arbok darts forward, fangs bared, strong enough to crunch through rock and bone. It comes out of nowhere. There's no fanfare, nothing to betray the attack.[break][break]

AV6DeTYM
[break][break]

+ [break]
+ 3/3 [break]
+ Sumire (Arbok) uses Crunch!

[newclass=.petalbasetsu4]max-width: 450px; height: auto;border: 1px solid #1a1a1a; border-radius: 10px; overflow: hidden; background: #252525;
[/newclass]
[newclass=.star1tsu4]border-radius: 10px 10px 0px 0; max-width: 460px; height: 220px; background: url(https://i.imgur.com/ZtFj789.png), rgb(160, 132, 155, 0.65); background-blend-mode: luminosity; background-attachment: fixed; background-size: contain; display: flex; justify-content: center; align-items: center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.starimgtsu4]width: 100px; height: 100px; position: relative; border-radius: 100%; object-fit: cover;[/newclass]
[newclass=.starimgtsu4 img]height:100px;width:100px;border-radius:100%;[/newclass]
[newclass=.star2tsu4]width: 350px; padding: 20px; font-size: 13px; text-align: justify; color: #eee; margin: 20px 0px 20px 0px; border-radius: 5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.circleoutline1tsu4]border-radius: 100%; width: 120px; height: 120px; background: var(--accent); opacity: 0.3; position: absolute; [/newclass]
[newclass=.star3tsu4] border-radius: 0px 0px 0px 0; max-width: 460px; height: 50px; background: url(https://i.imgur.com/ZtFj789.png), rgb(160, 132, 155, 0.65); background-blend-mode: luminosity; background-attachment: fixed; background-size: contain; display: flex; text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.rouxcredittsu4]align:right; color:#AB4646; font-size:10px; text-align:right; padding:10px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Magnetic

Admin Fox
He/Him
May 9th
Rustboro City
Bisexual
Archaeologist
Rocket Admin
The future will tempt you, the present will indulge you, but the past will shackle you.
awards
1,869 posts
part of
TAG WITH @magnetic
howard slayte
POSTED ON Jan 8, 2024 5:07:57 GMT
howard slayte Avatar
"Practice makes perfect. You're still off from that!"

Unfortunately, Howard wasn't perfect either. If he was, he would've trained his Larvitar better. Serizawa was snoozing when Sumire slithered about, preparing to strike. It let out a snore, before rolling over to fall back asleep again. Howard exhaled and straightened his hat.

"Can I switch him out?" He asked the ref. They shook their head at him, and Howard sighed.

"Fine! Serizawa, get UP!" He didn't stir. With a growl, Howard plucked a rock off the ground and kicked it towards the Larvitar. "Fucking GET UP!"

Donk. Serizawa's eyes opened. "LARVITAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAR!" The brat had a hissy fit and began a rampage, causing Earthquakes to flash across the arena.

3/3 (NO MECHANIC)
etFDYky4

close tab

played by

Nagato

Baki
She/Her
December 21
Saffron City
Bi
administrative assistant
Officer
dead flowers
pressed against my lips
156 cm // 5'1" height
156 cm // 5'1" height
awards
995 posts
part of
TAG WITH @2baki
Hyakkaryōran Tsubaki
POSTED ON Jan 12, 2024 2:18:07 GMT
[nospaces]

[attr="class","star2tsu4"]Every child raised in Kanto knows. The best thing to do in an earthquake, caused by pokemon or otherwise, is to get down as close to the ground as you can. [break][break]

Sumire has the advantage here, slithering as low to the ground as she can get. [break][break]

"Sumi, stop that thing 'fore I fall over!"[break][break]

Baki cries out, and her Arbok dutifully complies, darting forward to wrap her body around the tiny pokemon. Moving muscles that crush the wind from heavier and harder foes surround the Larvitar, and Sumire seems to savor it. This is not at all unlike a young and arrogant Nidorino, minus the poison barbs.[break][break]

ugTy9qKd
[break][break]

+ [break]
+ 3/3 [break]
+ Sumire (Arbok) uses Wrap! [break]
+ Tera: Even numbers add +15! (35)

[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Magnetic

Admin Fox
He/Him
May 9th
Rustboro City
Bisexual
Archaeologist
Rocket Admin
awards
1,869 posts
part of
TAG WITH @magnetic
howard slayte
POSTED ON Jan 12, 2024 9:04:33 GMT
howard slayte Avatar
Tsubaki was right. It was like a Nidorino. In truth, it was far worse.

Larvitars were strong. They ate mountains, leveled hills, and lifted boulders with minimal effort. For such a small creature, it was remarkably strong. Serizawa could throw Howard across the arena if he really wanted to. Luckily, the little monster seemed far more willing to direct his anger at Tsubaki and her Arbok.

"C'mon, Larvitar! You gotta escape! Break out with a Hyper Beam!"

Instead of listening to that idiotic order, Serizawa instead decided to leverage his physical strength. The tantrum continued, with the Larvitar thrashing as Sumire wrapped around him. The Arbok's body strained against the raw strength, but would it be enough?

2/3 (NO MECHANIC)
dXjTjhZi

close tab

played by

Nagato

Baki
She/Her
December 21
Saffron City
Bi
administrative assistant
Officer
dead flowers
pressed against my lips
156 cm // 5'1" height
156 cm // 5'1" height
awards
995 posts
part of
TAG WITH @2baki
Hyakkaryōran Tsubaki
POSTED ON Jan 18, 2024 2:26:05 GMT
[nospaces]

[attr="class","star2tsu4"]Walls of flesh coil round, scales harder than rock. To struggle against them is to deny fate, death itself, as it loom overhead. Jaws unhinge, venom dripping from bared fangs. [break][break]

"That's it... now! Devour it!"[break][break]

Sumire stares down at her prey, to watch it trash in vain against her before she lunges and delivers a bite with poisoned fangs.[break][break]

jr9bmXkx
[break][break]

+ [break]
+ 3/3 [break]
+ Sumire (Arbok) uses Poison Fang! [break]

[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Magnetic

Admin Fox
He/Him
May 9th
Rustboro City
Bisexual
Archaeologist
Rocket Admin
awards
1,869 posts
part of
TAG WITH @magnetic
howard slayte
POSTED ON Jan 18, 2024 3:58:46 GMT
howard slayte Avatar
"Don't eat it!" Howard shouted in the distance, though his voice seemed like a distant memory on the battlefield. "That's against the rules! You're gonna get disqualified!"

That didn't seem to convince Sumire, though. Her maw opened wider and wider. Poison sizzled as it struck the arena. Howard ground his teeth as Serizawa fruitlessly struggled against the snake. Seriously, it could almost break his femur but it couldn't escape a coiling snake? What sort of insane logic was that?

"SMACK IT!" Howard shouted helpfully, miming boxing gloves. Serizawa got the meaning, and threw a killer haymaker with its small, stubby arms. The strike would Thrash the Arbok, should it land.

1/3 (no mechanic)
OzrW04nh

close tab

played by

Nagato

Baki
She/Her
December 21
Saffron City
Bi
administrative assistant
Officer
dead flowers
pressed against my lips
156 cm // 5'1" height
156 cm // 5'1" height
awards
995 posts
part of
TAG WITH @2baki
Hyakkaryōran Tsubaki
POSTED ON Jan 18, 2024 4:10:54 GMT
[nospaces]

[attr="class","star2tsu4"]The Arbok dives head-first toward the tiny pokemon. Forked tongue flicks back and forth. She salivates as she anticipates swallowing the Larvitar whole.[break][break]

"Rules!? Since when d'you think I care about RULES!?"[break][break]

Baki shoots back at Howard, venom in her tone. [break][break]

She's playing the part of heel perfectly. It's like she was born for this.[break][break]

Sumire bears down on the tiny rock pokemon, her gullet open wide. Fangs to crush rock gleam in the sunlight, slick with black venom. Then, the Larvitar slides down her throat, crushed by the rippling muscles underneath. [break][break]

A punch. A kick. [break][break]

And then an explosion of violence in her throat, and the Arbok spits Serizawa out with a disgusted hiss. [break][break]

"Wh- hey, THAT'S cheating!!"[break][break]

Prey should let itself be eaten. Those were the rules of nature.[break][break]

+ [break]
+ 3/3 [break]
+ Sumire (Arbok) wins! [break]

[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Magnetic

Admin Fox
He/Him
May 9th
Rustboro City
Bisexual
Archaeologist
Rocket Admin
awards
1,869 posts
part of
TAG WITH @magnetic
howard slayte
POSTED ON Jan 18, 2024 4:33:44 GMT
howard slayte Avatar
Serizawa shot out of Sumine like a rocket. This wasn't the first time the Larvitar had flown through the sky like a comet. It likely wouldn't be the last, either. Meteno wasn't the first meteor to fall, and it wouldn't be the last one to fall either.

"Oh." Howard blinked as Serizawa hit him in the chest. The archaeologist collapsed in a heap. Serizawa shook off Sumire's acid and waddled off of Howard's body. After rummaging through Howard's pockets, the Larvitar found a saltine cracker and munched on it.

"Guh..." Howard stood up, shaking his head dizzily. "I lost?"

He looked at Tsubaki in awe.

"You're strong. Nice work, Tsubaki." Howard adjusted his hat and glared at her, clenching a theatrical fist. "I will have my revenge, Tsubaki! Mark my words, vengeance will be mine!"

0/3 (DIES OF DEATH)

close tab

played by

a toddler

little toot toot
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
mod
googoo gaga
spiral is my big poppa pump (positive)
600 foot tall baby height
600 foot tall baby height
sleeping in mod reqs
awards
2,374 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mod
spiral and shiv's baby
POSTED ON Jan 18, 2024 22:50:06 GMT
spiral and shiv's baby Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]VCT COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: