TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
under the world
POSTED ON Jan 8, 2024 21:57:05 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","lulu"]
[attr="class","top"]
finally, the dream machine, a project which had held her focus for well over a year was complete—for better or worse—which freed up time for more excursions outside of the laboratory. so, after some time since their last encounter, lulu reached out to the beast that had expressed an interest in the caves, among other things, but never mind that.[break][break]

it had been a short correspondence, communicated indirectly through a grunt acting as messenger. they would meet at route 119, where they had last seen the megalopolans, and, no less importantly, the spaceship, shiny machines, and notes about spacetime distortions. might they be lucky enough to find any of it left behind?[break][break]

she waited in the cold swamp, smoking a cigarette near where the cave had been ripped open. at her heel sat a houndoom with an all dark coat, sharp eyes and shadowy aura. it looked far less friendly than her poipole. she did not look particularly friendly either.[break][break]
[attr="class","ooc"] [break]
mission: a tera test[break]
[break]

[attr="class","milkcredit"] [attr="class","fas fa-cookie-bite"]

[newclass=".lulu"]--accent:#7C6678; position:relative; z-index:1; overflow:hidden; [/newclass]

[newclass=".lulu blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; text-transform:lowercase; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:30px 50px; letter-spacing:0.2px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".lulu blockquote img"] margin:1px 15px 2px 1px; border-radius:10px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".lulu blockquote b, .lulu blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) } .lulu blockquote b { font-size:14px!important } .minimal blockquote u { font-style:italic; color:var(--accent); text-decoration:underline dotted; border-bottom:none; letter-spacing:1px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".lulu .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:430px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; [/newclass]

[newclass=".lulu .ooc"]border-top:1px solid #222; padding-top:15px; text-align:center; margin-top:15px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".lulu .ooc a"]font:bold 15px 'Poppins';[/newclass]

[newclass=".lulu .milkcredit"]font-size:15px; position:absolute; z-index:99; right:95px; bottom:5px; border-radius:100px; color:var(--accent); opacity:0.6; } .minimal .milkcredit a { transition:0.5s all } .minimal .milkcredit a:hover { transition:0.5s all; color:var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Raptor

GOD
He/Him
December 25th
Spikemunth
Northeast
Monster
Rocket Beast
I survived because the fire inside me burned brighter than the fire around me.
awards
892 posts
Shred DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shredzeppelin
Shred
under the world
POSTED ON Jan 18, 2024 7:26:34 GMT
Shred Avatar
The swamps of Route 119 are just as unpleasant as you remember them being.

Perhaps even moreso, given all the unpleasant memories you've accrued since. From your first encounter with the Megalopolans, to your subsequent scrounging for any evidence of their existence, you've mostly come to associate this place with unpleasant surprises and fruitless efforts. You've already come back here twice in search of a lead, and you have little to show for it.

But hey, third time's the charm right? Especially now that Lulu's going to be there! After your last meeting with her, you had absolutely no hope that she'd ever want to see you again. Hell, you didn't want to see yourself after that, and you're you. Luckily, time seems to have smoothed out that rough patch, and you're once again on speaking terms. Will you discover anything new in the caves below Route 119? Honestly, you doubt it, but even if you just spend a few hours loitering in the mud, you'll still considering a step in the right direction.

"Bad dirt here. Real claggy and loose. Gonna stick to the claws something fierce."

Oh, and you're bringing your Excadrill with you. If you've learned anything from your last efforts, it's that you don't want to dig through the muck yourself. Though judging by his tone, the mole doesn't seem particularly eager to help.

"Look, if you don't want to dig--"

"Didn't say I wouldn't, hoss."

"...What'd you just call me?"

"Lady up ahead, hoss."

Sure enough, Lulu's there waiting for you, accompanied by her Houndoom. Hm. You're getting a horrible sense of deja vu, like you're back in the labs again. But you brush past that notion and carry on towards her. Surely you can't fuck this up a second time? Surely not.

"Hello, Lulu."

"Howdy."
"Cadrill."

close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
head scientist
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
every night i burn, dream the black crow dream
awards
4,725 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
under the world
POSTED ON Jan 22, 2024 3:41:59 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","lulu"]
[attr="class","top"]
and there he was.[break][break]

”hello, shred.” the tone in her voice might seem to imply that’s not your real name.[break][break]

the houndoom kept a cool glare that wavered between the two, and settled on the excadrill. the ‘howdy’ went unreturned, as it remained like a quiet sentry at the scientist’s heel.[break][break]

”this is shade.” she sighed a cloud of smoke, as though dreading the time she’d have to spend with him. as though ready to go ahead and get it over with, and be somewhere else.[break][break]

”we’re ready when you are.”[break][break]

[break]

[newclass=".lulu"]--accent:#7C6678; position:relative; z-index:1; overflow:hidden; [/newclass]

[newclass=".lulu blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; text-transform:lowercase; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:30px 50px; letter-spacing:0.2px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".lulu blockquote img"] margin:1px 15px 2px 1px; border-radius:10px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".lulu blockquote b, .lulu blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) } .lulu blockquote b { font-size:14px!important } .minimal blockquote u { font-style:italic; color:var(--accent); text-decoration:underline dotted; border-bottom:none; letter-spacing:1px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".lulu .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:430px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; [/newclass]

[newclass=".lulu .ooc"]border-top:1px solid #222; padding-top:15px; text-align:center; margin-top:15px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".lulu .milkcredit"]font-size:15px; position:absolute; z-index:99; right:95px; bottom:5px; border-radius:100px; color:var(--accent); opacity:0.6; } .minimal .milkcredit a { transition:0.5s all } .minimal .milkcredit a:hover { transition:0.5s all; color:var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Raptor

GOD
He/Him
December 25th
Spikemunth
Northeast
Monster
Rocket Beast
awards
892 posts
Shred DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shredzeppelin
Shred
under the world
POSTED ON Feb 12, 2024 5:56:23 GMT
Shred Avatar
Yeah, this is about the welcome you were expecting.

It's hardly a surprise. After how badly you botched your last encounter, you wouldn't want to see-- Ah, no, already said that. Hm. Maybe it would be better to lay off the self-flagellation? After all, it's not like you're completely out of it. You've still got that hundred grand that Howard gave you! Nothing to help smooth things over like an absurd amount of money. Probably best not to lead with that little bombshell, though. You'll tell her a little later. Maybe after you've wrapped things up here?

As she introduces her Houndoom, you briefly considering introducing Excadrill in kind. However, after you think it through for a single millisecond, it becomes abundantly clear how stupid that idea is. What would you even say? "This is my Excadrill. His name's Excadrill.". Yeah, no, wouldn't go over well. If only you gave all your Pokemon silly names like Howard...

"...Shade? Good name. This is my Excadrill. His name's Drilliam."

"Drilliam" blinks. Slowly, the mole turns his head in your direction, his head tilted slightly. You pretend not to notice as you hurry the conversation along.

"And we're ready to go, too. Lead the way."

close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
head scientist
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,725 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
under the world
POSTED ON Feb 15, 2024 8:09:44 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","lulu"]
[attr="class","top"]
lulu had named approximately 2% of her pokemon: penrose, and her three dogs, the others named djall and gorgo. many of the rest were tagged with letters and numbers from a laboratory system.[break][break]

”great,” she commented about drilliam the excadrill, pinching off her smoke. the ember sizzled in the mud, and she snapped the snubnosed remnant in a silver case and hid it away again.[break][break]

when told to lead the way, at first she stared at shred suspiciously. after a moment, she took steps past the mouth of the cave, creeping carefully downward, and underground. her dog was nimble over rocks, staying close to her all the way.[break][break]

”have you learned anything else about what happened here since we last spoke?” her eyes remained focused on the terrain’s uneven decline. ahead could be seen the beautiful glow of tera crystals.[break][break]
[break]

close tab

played by

Raptor

GOD
He/Him
December 25th
Spikemunth
Northeast
Monster
Rocket Beast
awards
892 posts
Shred DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shredzeppelin
Shred
under the world
POSTED ON Feb 17, 2024 11:31:27 GMT
Shred Avatar
Lulu leads, and you follow.

Would it be better if that was the other way round? Probably. You've spent enough time trudging around this swamp and its caves that you know them like the back of your hand. But that's the problem, isn't it? Because despite that, you still haven't found anything new. You've searched Route 119 from marsh to mire, and you've come up empty. So, better to let her take the initiative and see where her instincts take her? Worst case scenario, she doesn't find anything either, and you can commiserate over your mutual failure to find a needle in a haystack. Speaking of which...

"Nothing so far." You admit, sheepishly rubbing the back of your neck as you do. "And believe me, I've been checking. The grunts haven't seen anything out of the ordinary when it comes to aliens, and it doesn't seem like the League knows anything we don't, either. Not that I'm out of ideas, mind, but... Well, I'm working on it."

And unfortunately, that's as far as you've got. You've observed the status quo, and can confirm nothing has changed. You wish you had better news. Hell, you wish you had any news. Maybe she's been more lucky?

"Anything on your end?"

close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
head scientist
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,725 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
under the world
POSTED ON Feb 18, 2024 1:29:23 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","lulu"]
[attr="class","top"]
"ah."[break][break]

he’d found nothing. she’d predicted that. not because it was him, but because she still believed the megalopolans might have literally just disappeared, by some powerful, unknown anomaly.[break][break]

as she listened, a thin eyebrow arched. "the league always knows something we don't." like ultra space. and sea!hoenn. and meteno.[break][break]

briefly, she wondered if meteno had somehow been their fault too.[break][break]

anything on her end? ”unfortunately not.” not that she’d done much looking. she was stretched thin. her focus had been on her dream project, if not on moons, or the tera crystal – what she was mostly there for that day. two birds, one stone.[break][break]

she reached back, and out of her bag came a pad and pen. she began drawing squiggles as she walked.[break][break]

”what are your other ideas?”[break][break]

[break]

close tab

played by

Raptor

GOD
He/Him
December 25th
Spikemunth
Northeast
Monster
Rocket Beast
awards
892 posts
Shred DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shredzeppelin
Shred
under the world
POSTED ON Feb 27, 2024 23:31:11 GMT
Shred Avatar
"Well... There's always the alien, right?"

The alien. Not just any old alien, but the alien, specifically. Called that because you don't actually know his name, to be honest. Still, it's probably best to clarify that. Lord knows that Lulu's probably seen a hell of a lot more aliens in her time than you have.

"That is, the one in Rocket Custody." You explain further, still trying and failing to recall his name whatsoever. "I figure if all our other leads turn up dead ends, I can pull a few strings, see if I can't pull rank and arrange a meeting with him. If we're lucky, maybe he knows something that we don't about that chain, or those aliens, or the spaceship, or something like that."

Again, it's not a very sophisticated plan. In fact, it almost entirely relies on one specific Megalopolan you've never met knowing a whole group of Megalopolans you have. But stranger things have happened, and with any luck, your dodgy connection might dredge something up.

"Failing that? I think we might be shit outta luck."

close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
head scientist
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,725 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
under the world
POSTED ON Feb 29, 2024 21:20:05 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","lulu"]
[attr="class","top"]
the alien?[break][break]

her pen stopped, but not before she’d finished mapping what she’d seen so far.[break][break]

the beasts were muscle. they beat people down for the benefit and protection of the organization, and taught the rest of them how to do the same. it was surely not this new beast’s job to know who exactly resided in their custody already, if he was unaware of the second alien that came to mind.[break][break]

”it’s a solid idea, i think. we have two important megalopolans, as far as i’m aware. velmos is a war general that has seemingly betrayed his own – or that’s what they said in this cave, when i mentioned his name to one of them. cotillard is a scientist – but he’s stingy with information. i recommend fresh meat for motivation, if you go that route.”[break][break]

she’d promised jules cotillard a man’s leg last time and had made good on that promise. she wondered how he was holding up in that dark cell of his.[break][break]

[break]

close tab

played by

Raptor

GOD
He/Him
December 25th
Spikemunth
Northeast
Monster
Rocket Beast
awards
892 posts
Shred DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shredzeppelin
Shred
under the world
POSTED ON Mar 2, 2024 1:32:51 GMT
Shred Avatar
Two aliens, huh? Yeah, that tracks. That reveal doesn't even make you flinch, because really, why would it? There's already one alien in the submarine. One alien is really the tipping point. After that, what's one more to the list? Hell, what's a hundred more? All that matters is if they're willing to hear you out, and given what's at stake, they definitely should.

"If they know his name, then Velmos seems like the safer bet."

Who were those Megalopolans? What was that Toxic Chain? Why would they call him a traitor? You have plenty of questions, and what you need right now is answers, not theories. Besides, you don't exactly get along great with scientists. Or do scientists not get along great with you? Whatever the case, between and , you're not exactly excelling... Well, okay, you suppose you're doing okay with . Oscar's fine. You like Oscar well enough, but Oscar is Oscar. Is he even really a scientist? Really, you'd think of him more as an engineer, but does that distinction really mean much?

"Weird glow up ahead, hoss."

Your musings are interrupted by Drilliam's callout, and sure enough, you can see the unmistakable shine of a Tera Crystal. Well, that's gotta be good news, right? Sure, it might not be an important Tera Crystal, but a Tera Crystal is still a Tera Crystal. Even if it wasn't the one that manifested the Quaestor Lucis or summoned forth that parasitic tendril, maybe you, or more likely Lulu, could still learn something for it?

"...Please stop calling me hoss."

"No can do. You're hoss, hoss. That's just how it is."

Damn it.

close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
head scientist
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,725 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
under the world
POSTED ON Mar 3, 2024 6:35:46 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","lulu"]
[attr="class","top"]
”could be. i never spoke with him, personally, but he sure made it seem once like we had more allies hiding somewhere.”[break][break]

so where had they been in every battle since? had walsh’s megalopolan general simply lied to them all? she hadn’t dared to bring it into question — not while she had drawn so much suspicion to herself for her prolonged absence.[break][break]

after a few more steps, she turned to face the beast, pad and pen still clutched in-hand with a serious look on her face.[break][break]

”i haven’t told anyone else they said that, by the way: that velmos is a traitor — but now you know, so i’m not keeping it from anyone either.” just for the record.[break][break]

when drilliam piped up, shade growled again. with a peeved sigh, lulu returned him to his ball, folding on her best attempt at intimidation. she eyed shred a moment longer for good measure, before turning away again.[break][break]

towards the glow of the crystal ahead, she spoke softer, almost as though it might perceive them, ”i’m surprised there isn’t more of it here already…”[break][break]
[break]

close tab

played by

Raptor

GOD
He/Him
December 25th
Spikemunth
Northeast
Monster
Rocket Beast
awards
892 posts
Shred DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shredzeppelin
Shred
under the world
POSTED ON Mar 6, 2024 2:14:22 GMT
Shred Avatar
Alien allies hiding somewhere in Hoenn? Where the fuck had they been? Between the war waged in the Ultra Deep Sea and the battles over the ruins north of Dewford, it really feels like they should've showed up by now. Unless... Wait, could they be the same as the Megalopolans that were infected? Shiiiiiiiiiiit. If that's true, then it'd be bad news, but more than that, it'd also be a promising lead. You make a note to ask him about it whenever you eventually meet this mysterious Velmos.

After that, Lulu turns to you and gives you a look. You've never been great at reading people, but even at a glance, you can tell she means serious business. The way she's talking, the words she saying, its clearly important that you hear this, even if you don't quite get why. And, really, that's all you need to know.

"...Got it."

You haven't got it. Not fully. But enough, you think. As she recalls her Houndoom, you feel more confident in your understanding: She trusts you. Not fully. But enough, you think.

For better or for better, you don't have time to celebrate that miniscule step in the right direction. No, her focus shifts to the light of the Tera Crystal ahead, and so too does your own. Lulu seems surprised you haven't encountered more of them already. You would be too, had you not made multiple visits to Route 119 already.

"Most of it has already been harvested." You answer an unasked question, glancing about your barren surroundings as you do. "There was a lot more a few months back, but between the League 'collecting evidence' and treasure hunters looking for a quick buck, this place is just about picked clean. I guess they didn't get this one, though."

Which is strange, right? Because this one is bright, out in the open, and overall fairly obvious. Why has nobody got this one?

close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
head scientist
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,725 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
under the world
POSTED ON Mar 8, 2024 5:22:20 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","lulu"]
[attr="class","top"]
raiders of all walks had picked the cavern clean, and that made sense, considering it had been in the news. how reckless – not that she didn’t have a tera orb on her person at that very moment.[break][break]

there was a flash of wild blonde hair in her mind at the mention of treasure hunters, and she wondered how much of the crystal the captain hade made off with. had simply sailed away, for the jaws of death could surely never close over such a person.[break][break]

”maybe it’s growing back, and this is just the start,” she suggested – but her voice was distant, distracted.[break][break]

too focused on denying that familiar darkness that crept within, she didn’t notice the dream mist that began to gather around the crystal, until the smell of salty ocean air hit her nostrils. it was accompanied by the sound of waves, and a breeze rustling her hair.[break][break]

she didn’t turn back to see if shred was witnessing it, in part because of the tear that threatened at the corner of her eye. after a moment though, she began to ask, ”can you see tha–“[break][break]

but then, she was cut off by sudden company, having missed the stirring above in her reverie. a goblin fell from the ceiling, spread eagle like a wrestler descending from the ropes. ’sableye!’ it cried out, just short of landing on her head.[break][break]

they would not take this one too.[break][break]

[break]

close tab

played by

Raptor

GOD
He/Him
December 25th
Spikemunth
Northeast
Monster
Rocket Beast
awards
892 posts
Shred DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shredzeppelin
Shred
under the world
POSTED ON Mar 11, 2024 6:05:27 GMT
Shred Avatar
"Could be. Hard to tell."

As she quietly observes the Tera Crystal, so do to you. You've got to admit, it's certainly a pretty sight, and more than that, it's useful, too. Between Slither Wing and Meltan, you've got more than a few Tera users on your team, and you can't deny the power of the phenomenon. If only it weren't an apocalyptic blight upon the face of the region, huh? Maybe then you'd feel like less of a hypocrite for using it.

But what can you do? At the end of the day, you're like a middleweight boxer, and your promoters keep matching you with the biggest, baddest heavyweights they can find. When your opponents are unstoppable monsters like the rampaging Kyogre, you have to take whatever advantage you can get, wherever you can get it.

...Well, maybe Kyogre's a bad example. You've long since decided that's a battle not worth fighting. Just thinking about it conjures the unwelcome taste of saltwater in your mouth and the relentless lashing of rain upon your skin. A reminder that no matter how hard you fight, there are some battles you simply cannot win. Even now, you can feel yourself drowning in the primordial yellow of its fathomless eyes...

"Time to pack it up, hoss: The canary's stopped singing."

You're brought out of your own mind, as you often are, by one of your Pokemon saying something that feels like getting slapped over the back of the head.

"Huh? What? Drilliam, what does that even mean?"

"We got a gas leak."

Gas leak? You're confused, until you look down and see the pink fog beginning to roll in. Fuck, Dream Mist?! That's not good. The last thing you need right now is a Paradox Pokemon bursting out and wreaking havoc. You better wrap things up quick, before--

"SHIT! LULU, MOVE!"

You don't wait for her to dodge. With only a split second to think, you rush forth and shove her out of the way of the descending Sableye. And so, the gemstone goblin falls upon your head instead, a dozen razor-sharp fangs sinking deep into your scalp, all while its scrabbling claws slash and scrape at whichever sensory organs they can reach.

"GAAAAAAAAAH!"

And yes, that's just as painful as it sounds.

close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
head scientist
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,725 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
under the world
POSTED ON Mar 12, 2024 6:37:40 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","lulu"]
[attr="class","top"]
for a moment they shared that glare of kyogre, before a far more immediate threat came belly-first from above.[break][break]

”ow! what the f–“ she wound around towards shred when he shoved her out of the way, ready to fight before she realized the wildlife attacking them. him, mostly. only him.[break][break]

for a split moment, her fingers splayed to grab the sableye with her bare hands – but it looked well-attached.[break][break]

”shit.”[break][break]

its glistening eyes suddenly turned towards her with intent, its grin sharp and wild. with a quick yelp, she reflexively slid off her backpack and swung it hard, hoping to knock it away. when that failed, she reached for a pokeball – but then another idea stuck.[break][break]

”oh!” reaching into the backpack, she pulled from it a much smaller tera shard, and waved it.[break][break]

”hey! look what i have!” she waved the shard, before it went whistling through the air. ”go get it!”[break][break]

leaping from shred’s cranium, the sableye landed and scrambled across the cave floor towards the shiny thing, seeming to forget them – at least for the moment.[break][break]

[break]

img
The Shula Region
Hogwarts AU
RPG Unlimited
MR
The Enroi Region
N:FB
Vyrehaven
Celestial Guardians, AU Sailor Moon RP
EO GENESIS
Code and Crown: An advanced literate warriors cats RP, set in medieval times
Swords Clashing