Viridian City, Kanto
It just works
Lt. Colonel, Medical Corps
AQUA Initiative
Dreaming
of our future
5' 11" (181 cm) / 180 lbs (82 kg) height
You're being healed. Please do not resist.
awards
2,879 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bugcatcherdoug
John Sullivan
VCT: Elise vs Doug
POSTED ON Jan 8, 2024 23:56:39 GMT
John Sullivan Avatar

VCT

Vs

"Good to see you again, Ambassador." Doug said with a polite salute, the picture perfect form only slightly affected by the scrubs he was wearing. "In good health, too. I'm looking forward to this match."

They had first and last met during the Post-Dormitum conflict against Rocket inside the Ultra Deep Sea, now known as Eternatus innards. Things had been rough back then, and neither of them had been doing or looking their best at the time.

"Have you had fun with the tourney so far?" He asked with a smile, before chuckling. "Don't mind the try hards too much; they've got their reasons."

As a former one, he understood that drive all too well .

TL;DR:
-Hello, Elise!

close tab

played by

LunarMona

Elly, El
she/her
December 24
Hammerlocke, Galar
Bisexual
Galarian Ambassador
Ranger Cadet
darling, so share with me
or pain if that's what it is
5'7" / 170 cm height
5'7" / 170 cm height
i long to stay where the light dwells to guard against the cold that i know so well
awards
2,339 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elise
Elise Calcifet
POSTED ON Jan 9, 2024 1:51:54 GMT
Elise Calcifet Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","elise"]
[attr="class","body"]

While her boss was a bit of a tryhard in the tourney since Josh had to defeat all of his opponents, seeing Colonel Sullivan made her relax a little. “It’s nice to see you again, Colonel.” She gives him a smile when he comments on her being in good health, far from being injured at her last battle with a masked Rocket lady. “I’m in better health than when I ended up having to recover from a grievous injury at my last battle at Route 105’s island. Sheriff Navidson ended up having to talk with me about becoming a medical corps officer and taking a supportive role…but I’m looking forward to having this match with you.” Since that time, the swords of Hoenn like Josh would be able to fight with her support for the next time she could get on the battlefield to help on the side.[break][break]

“Other than that, I am having fun in the tourney so far. I’ve only gotten two wins, but the other matches ended up being three losses.” The royal ambassador replied with a little laugh. He talks about the tryhards in the tournament and she had seen some of them be a bit more tryhardy than the last opponent she had a match with. “I won’t mind them much. It is a little jarring to be paired up against the tryhards than with someone that wants a casual match.”

TAGS [break]
NOTES[break]
Using Terastalization - Gimmick (+15 to rolls that are an even number)[break]
Health: 3/3

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]

[newclass=".elise"]--accent:#D0BDF0;font:13px Roboto;[/newclass]
[newclass=".elise b"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".elise i"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".elise u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".elise a"]font:13px Roboto;color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".elise h1"]font:16px Roboto;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=".elise h2"]font:14px Roboto;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=".elise .body"]background-image:url("https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png");background-position:bottom;background-repeat:no-repeat;text-align:justify;[/newclass]
[newclass=".elise .pkmn img"]margin:-10px -7px 0px -7px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".elise .credit"]font-size:13px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Epic BugCatcher

Dr. Doug
He/Him
20 (40)
March 3
Viridian City, Kanto
It just works
AQUA Initiative
Dreaming
of our future
awards
2,879 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bugcatcherdoug
John Sullivan
POSTED ON Jan 9, 2024 1:59:09 GMT
John Sullivan Avatar

VCT

Vs

He grinned. "Don't think about it too hard; just join me and have fun with it."

Sure, it might've been a bit strange, specially next to her other fights— but perhaps she would find she preferred these arrangements.

"Ready?" He asked her, before nodding. "Let's start! Kama, forward!"

With Elise's go, the battle could get well on hand, the Scyther launching forth to meet her opponent. Ghost types couldn't be touched by fighting type moves, which put her in a bit of a spot— but she had other tricks!

Her scythe glowed green as she took a swing at the Mismagius!

TL;DR:
-Kama used Fury Cutter!

wHL4vFRD

close tab

played by

LunarMona

Elly, El
she/her
December 24
Hammerlocke, Galar
Bisexual
Galarian Ambassador
Ranger Cadet
5'7" / 170 cm height
5'7" / 170 cm height
i long to stay where the light dwells to guard against the cold that i know so well
awards
2,339 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elise
Elise Calcifet
POSTED ON Jan 9, 2024 15:20:46 GMT
Elise Calcifet Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","elise"]
[attr="class","body"]

While there were tryhard trainers in the tourney, the colonel made it very easy to forget about them for a moment. “I’ll join you in having fun with our match.” A reply came from the ambassador since she wanted to think of having a fun and casual match with someone who shared the same sentiment. The Pokemon that he sends out is one she was familiar with, a Scyther. “I’m ready, let’s start.” Elise gives the colonel a nod.[break][break]

They were native to her mother’s country, so she knew they can be deadly as much as their evolved counterparts.[break][break]

Sending out her Mismagius too, the battle started with Kama using Fury Cutter. Mana watches the Scyther’s scythe-like blade attempt to cut her and the ghost would take the Fury Cutter’s hit. “Mana, let’s give Kama one of your magic tricks with a shock.” A laugh came from the floating ghost witch as she calls on a Thunderbolt with her chest jewels becoming bright yellow. A bolt of yellow electrcitiy is shot towards the female Scyther![break][break]

2PKWQXCk + 15 if evens

TAGS [break]
NOTES[break]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]

[newclass=".elise u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".elise h1"]font:16px Roboto;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=".elise h2"]font:14px Roboto;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=".elise .body"]background-image:url("https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png");background-position:bottom;background-repeat:no-repeat;text-align:justify;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Epic BugCatcher

Dr. Doug
He/Him
20 (40)
March 3
Viridian City, Kanto
It just works
AQUA Initiative
Dreaming
of our future
awards
2,879 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bugcatcherdoug
John Sullivan
POSTED ON Jan 9, 2024 17:25:15 GMT
John Sullivan Avatar

VCT

Vs

Repelled back by lightning, the Scyther released a low hiss that suspiciously resembled a cuss as she flew back, her wings spreading wide to correct her balance as she spun about and landed on her feet—

Before immediately launching forth yet again. That approach didn't work— Time to try something else.

Bouncing left and right in a zig zag pattern, the Scyther lunged towards the ghost before leaping over her in an agile moonsault, her scythe-clubs gleaming with a white aura as she attempted a drive by clubbing at the Mismagius' head.

TL;DR:
-Kama used Acrobatic!
YLM3xCra

close tab

played by

LunarMona

Elly, El
she/her
December 24
Hammerlocke, Galar
Bisexual
Galarian Ambassador
Ranger Cadet
5'7" / 170 cm height
5'7" / 170 cm height
awards
2,339 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elise
Elise Calcifet
POSTED ON Jan 9, 2024 18:40:52 GMT
Elise Calcifet Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","elise"]
[attr="class","body"]

The good luck that the ghost gets is that the Scyther is hit by the Thunderbolt. Mana doesn’t have the time to celebrate, she needs to bring her best game in this fight as the colonel’s Scyther changes gears. Kama’s Acrobatics prowess shows in the speed of the bug type when the Scyther tries to club at the ghost again.[break][break]

His Scyther’s moonsault was very good in the air, but Kama would not have the clubbing hit. The purple ghost moves to the left and avoids the Acrobatics from the green hovering bug.[break][break]

Her chest jewels glow white where a ring of sharp, pointed Power Gems would be launched towards the flying Scyther! [break][break]

4zooZ_Pz + 15 if evens

TAGS [break]
NOTES[break]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]

close tab

played by

Epic BugCatcher

Dr. Doug
He/Him
20 (40)
March 3
Viridian City, Kanto
It just works
AQUA Initiative
Dreaming
of our future
awards
2,879 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bugcatcherdoug
John Sullivan
POSTED ON Jan 9, 2024 18:57:53 GMT
John Sullivan Avatar

VCT

Vs

Kama was getting bodied.

Nothing seemed to be working. Even Doug was getting a little frustrated for her, watching her bounce around with gems encrusted unto her chitin armor.

As she rose, she released a furious scream before rushing forward, arm swinging wildly as she took a wild swing at her opponent, unleashing a terrifying blade of neon green light.

TL;DR:
-Kama used Z-move: Whatever the standard bug type z-move is.
jZ4RZpZ1
+50

1/3

close tab

played by

LunarMona

Elly, El
she/her
December 24
Hammerlocke, Galar
Bisexual
Galarian Ambassador
Ranger Cadet
5'7" / 170 cm height
5'7" / 170 cm height
awards
2,339 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elise
Elise Calcifet
POSTED ON Jan 9, 2024 19:08:29 GMT
Elise Calcifet Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","elise"]
[attr="class","body"]

Seeing the one trump card being played from the other side, it appeared that the colonel also employed usage of a Z-move for his Pokemon. Much like what did in her last match, the ambassador knew what to expect from the power of those stronger moves. Nevertheless, the bug-type Z-move would make its headway on the floating Mismagius as she tries to dodge it.[break][break]

But the Scyther was quicker on the draw. Mana gets hit by the Scyther’s Z-move as the ghost is thrown back on the ground of the battlefield from the stronger hit.[break][break]

The ghost summons another ring of sharp, pointed Power Gems as the rocks spread out in all directions. Mana would attempt to hit the faster bug type even if it was futile! [break][break]

M8XH8rfc + 15 if evens

TAGS [break]
NOTES[break]
Health: 2/3

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]

close tab

played by

Epic BugCatcher

Dr. Doug
He/Him
20 (40)
March 3
Viridian City, Kanto
It just works
AQUA Initiative
Dreaming
of our future
awards
2,879 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bugcatcherdoug
John Sullivan
POSTED ON Jan 9, 2024 19:13:14 GMT
John Sullivan Avatar

VCT

Vs

Kama felt a little better at landing one blow— but it was just that. One blow. No matter how strong, it wasn't enough to win her the battle— but it gave her the chance to try and turn things around.

Power Gems flew towards her as she lunged towards the ghost yet again, and she felt fear strike at her, knowing she didn't have much left in her.

With as much agility as she had left, she attempted to weave through the projectiles as she advanced, taking another swipe towards the ghost.

TL;DR:
-Kama used acrobatics..
fiNUNasi

1/3

close tab

played by

LunarMona

Elly, El
she/her
December 24
Hammerlocke, Galar
Bisexual
Galarian Ambassador
Ranger Cadet
5'7" / 170 cm height
5'7" / 170 cm height
awards
2,339 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elise
Elise Calcifet
POSTED ON Jan 9, 2024 19:58:19 GMT
Elise Calcifet Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","elise"]
[attr="class","body"]

By how bleak it looked for the Scyther, one could feel bad that the bug type didn’t do enough to bring the ghost down to her last health. The Mismagius chases after the dodging Scyther when the green bug type tries to make another swipe at the phantom. A confident cackle came from the phantom witch as she moves a little away from Acrobatics' swiping range.[break][break]

And Mana ends up with her spell being cast during her little game of chase. Blue flames are shot out of a fiery burning ring as the Mystical Fire aims to finish the Scyther once and for all! [break][break]

9V5tnwuS + 15 if evens

TAGS [break]
NOTES[break]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]

close tab

played by

Epic BugCatcher

Dr. Doug
He/Him
20 (40)
March 3
Viridian City, Kanto
It just works
AQUA Initiative
Dreaming
of our future
awards
2,879 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bugcatcherdoug
John Sullivan
POSTED ON Jan 9, 2024 20:02:55 GMT
John Sullivan Avatar

VCT

Vs

Yet another loss to the record books.

"You did your best." Doug said, patting his Scyther's wounds away before rising up, waving at the princess of Galar. "Thanks for the match, Ambassador. See you around, and best luck in the tournament."
TL;DR:
-GG

6l1pBNoP
close tab

played by

LunarMona

Elly, El
she/her
December 24
Hammerlocke, Galar
Bisexual
Galarian Ambassador
Ranger Cadet
5'7" / 170 cm height
5'7" / 170 cm height
awards
2,339 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elise
Elise Calcifet
POSTED ON Jan 31, 2024 8:37:11 GMT
Elise Calcifet Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","elise"]
[attr="class","body"]

When the battle is over, her Mismagius comes over and gets a pat on her head from the ambassador. “Good job, Mana. I’m very proud of you.” She speaks to her ghost type with praise over her victory today before the military officer speaks to her about enjoying their battle. “I enjoyed it a lot too. Thank you, Colonel Sullivan.” Giving the dark-haired man a smile, she gives him a nod when he tells her that he’ll see her around and waves good-bye to the man. “And I shall see you around when we can meet up again. If my schedule will permit another.”

TAGS [break]
NOTES[break]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]

close tab

played by

a toddler

little toot toot
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
mod
googoo gaga
spiral is my big poppa pump (positive)
600 foot tall baby height
600 foot tall baby height
sleeping in mod reqs
awards
2,355 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mod
spiral and shiv's baby
POSTED ON Feb 1, 2024 0:24:20 GMT
spiral and shiv's baby Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]VCT COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: