Magnetic

Admin Fox
He/Him
May 9th
Rustboro City
Bisexual
Archaeologist
Rocket Admin
The future will tempt you, the present will indulge you, but the past will shackle you.
awards
1,865 posts
part of
TAG WITH @magnetic
howard slayte
NOWARD'S FANTASTIC CONCLUSION: Howard v. Noel [VCT]
POSTED ON Jan 9, 2024 7:52:28 GMT
howard slayte Avatar
"I just want to go home." The archaeologist blinked a tired eye at his opponent. His face was horrible. It was the face of a refugee who had threw hands with two gigantic Pikachus, had his ribs broken, blown up, drowned, and every other ailment under the sun.

Suns, if you counted the multiverse. The Vital City Tournament was a special type of hell.

"I'm not even the person who is supposed to be fighting in the tournament, right. There's a Howard Slate signed up, and my name is Howard Slayte. Slayte. With a 'y'. I never actually signed up. I wanted to buy a Snom Cone from this streetside vendor."

The archaeologist let out a deep breath, and pointed at the Larvitar that was munching on a rock in the corner, innocently. Howard wanted to punt the Larivtar off a cliff. He suspected that if he did that, it'd only hurt his foot. Then Serizawa would maul him.

"Good luck. May the best man win."

3/3 (NO MECHANIC)

close tab

played by

Ryan

He/Him
July 2
Dewford Town
Straight
Trainer
Cadet
5'9 height
5'9 height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
718 posts
Noel Parker DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @hellboyryan
Noel Parker
POSTED ON Jan 9, 2024 18:57:01 GMT
Noel Parker Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","mango leaguechar"]
[attr="class","inner"]

[attr="class","body"]

His next opponent was the strangest one he would face so far. Completely muttering to themselves like a madman, Noel wondered if there wasn't some sort of mistake in the bracket. Although come to think of it, there were quite some odd people with odd choices he had met so far in this tournament. The fact he had to go up against two colossal Pikachus against both and was surely more than a coincidence. If Howard hadn't soon brought out his Larvitar, Noel honestly thought he would see a third giant rat.[break][break]

"I'm Noel Parker. Looks like this tournament's been getting to you as well huh? I hope you'll be able to put up a good fight in your state."[break][break]

His choice of Pokemon, a Shaymin, would leap out onto the field from its Pokeball, eager to have another battle. Pressing a hand onto his Tera orb, a gust of magical energy would envelop over the small hedgehog, changing it to its Grass Tera.[break][break]

"I'll let you go ahead and have the first move. You might need the head start."

[attr="class","notes"]HP: 3/3

[attr="class","milkycredit"] [attr="class","fas fa-cookie-bite"]

[attr="class","bottom"]

[newclass=".leaguechar"] --accent:#FFB546!important [/newclass]
[newclass=".mango"] --accent: #7C6678 } .mango b { color: var(--accent); font: bold 13px/12px 'Poppins'; } .mango a { font:bold 12px/9px 'Poppins'!important; } .mango { width: 400px; margin: 0px auto; position:relative; } .mango .inner { background-color: #272727; border-radius:4px 4px 0px 0px; font-family: roboto; color: #d4d4d4; font-size: 11px; letter-spacing: .5px; text-align: justify; padding-top: 20px; padding-bottom: 20px; line-height: 15px; padding: 30px; background: #272727; } .mango .body { border-radius:5px; padding: 40px; border: 1px solid var(--accent); background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; } .mango .bottom { background: var(--accent); min-height:25px; width:400px; margin:0px auto; text-align:center; background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; } .mango .bottom img { margin-top:-10px; margin-right:-10px; } .mango .notes { border-top:1px solid var(--accent); padding:10px 10px 0px 10px; margin:20px 30px -10px; text-align:center; [/newclass]

[newclass=".mango .milkycredit"]font-size:15px; position:absolute; z-index:99; right: 12px; bottom: 58px; border-radius:100px; color:#ddd; opacity:0.6; } .mango .milkycredit a { transition:0.5s all } .mango .milkycredit a:hover { transition:0.5s all; color:var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Magnetic

Admin Fox
He/Him
May 9th
Rustboro City
Bisexual
Archaeologist
Rocket Admin
The future will tempt you, the present will indulge you, but the past will shackle you.
awards
1,865 posts
part of
TAG WITH @magnetic
howard slayte
POSTED ON Jan 10, 2024 21:17:37 GMT
howard slayte Avatar
They were twinning. Howard had also fought against two giant Pikachus so far, and one had threatened to drown him. It had also punted his Larvitar towards him at a remarkably high speed, almost cracking his ribs. After an emotionally charged breakdown, Howard had squared up and shelved his fear of Pikachus for a therapist to coax from him later.

Anywho.

"Howard Slayte. Oh, I already mentioned my name, didn't I? Sorry 'bout that." Howard rubbed his temples, before brightening at the Shaymin. Eris had a Shaymin, and that one only marginally disliked him. At least Noel was nicer to Howard than she was.

"Hey, man. Thanks, I'll take you up on that. Glad to know this tournament has a decent per-"

"LARVITAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAR!" Serizawa let out a battle cry and lunged forward blindly, attempting to Thrash the Shaymin.

"I'm so sorry."

3/3 (NO MECHANIC)
PdkXl94B

close tab

played by

Ryan

He/Him
July 2
Dewford Town
Straight
Trainer
Cadet
5'9 height
5'9 height
awards
718 posts
Noel Parker DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @hellboyryan
Noel Parker
POSTED ON Jan 11, 2024 18:22:19 GMT
Noel Parker Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","inner"]

[attr="class","body"]

The Larvitar had gone into a frenzy. Before Howard could even finish his sentence the small rock-type had started its rampage. Noel and his Shaymin were ill-prepared for the oncoming hits, not realizing that the match had already started. As the Larvitar punched, kick, and headbutted left and right all over the poor little hedgehog, Noel's Pokemon is left battered and bruised on the floor after being tormented by such torture.[break][break]

"Hey that was a cheap shot! And here I thought you were just making small conversation... But you were trying to get my guard down weren't you? Well fine, here we go!"[break][break]

Angered at this sudden development, the Shaymin feels the same rage building up within Noel. They would pay for this transgression, making a fool out of both of them and making them believe this would be an honest and fair fight. They would start their match with an up-close Solar Beam, anything within its path would surely be singed beyond repair. A sort of payback for what had just occurred.

[attr="class","notes"]HP: 2/3[break][break]
Tera Gimmick: Activated[break][break]

j6wc5f_M+15

[attr="class","bottom"]

[newclass=".mango"] --accent: #7C6678 } .mango b { color: var(--accent); font: bold 13px/12px 'Poppins'; } .mango a { font:bold 12px/9px 'Poppins'!important; } .mango { width: 400px; margin: 0px auto; position:relative; } .mango .inner { background-color: #272727; border-radius:4px 4px 0px 0px; font-family: roboto; color: #d4d4d4; font-size: 11px; letter-spacing: .5px; text-align: justify; padding-top: 20px; padding-bottom: 20px; line-height: 15px; padding: 30px; background: #272727; } .mango .body { border-radius:5px; padding: 40px; border: 1px solid var(--accent); background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; } .mango .bottom { background: var(--accent); min-height:25px; width:400px; margin:0px auto; text-align:center; background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; } .mango .bottom img { margin-top:-10px; margin-right:-10px; } .mango .notes { border-top:1px solid var(--accent); padding:10px 10px 0px 10px; margin:20px 30px -10px; text-align:center; [/newclass]

[newclass=".mango .milkycredit"]font-size:15px; position:absolute; z-index:99; right: 12px; bottom: 58px; border-radius:100px; color:#ddd; opacity:0.6; } .mango .milkycredit a { transition:0.5s all } .mango .milkycredit a:hover { transition:0.5s all; color:var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Magnetic

Admin Fox
He/Him
May 9th
Rustboro City
Bisexual
Archaeologist
Rocket Admin
awards
1,865 posts
part of
TAG WITH @magnetic
howard slayte
POSTED ON Jan 11, 2024 18:49:49 GMT
howard slayte Avatar
"What, no! My Larvitar doesn't listen to me!" Howard looked almost apalled that someone would accuse him of cheating. He had cheated at cards with other Rockets, but a battle? A tournament sanctioned battle, no less? The thought scared the archaeologist.

"It'd be easier to stop the tide than for me to control the little bastard."

After beating on the Shaymin like it was a drum, Serizawa kicked some room between the two of them. Good for the Shaymin, given it was now charging up a Solar Beam. Bad for Serizawa. By the time he had closed the distance, Shaymin would reduce him to a smear on the ground.

"Hyper Beam!" Howard cried. With a roar, Serizawa complied, a ball of destruction appearing in its mouth as it prepared to punch through Shaymin's blast with brute force.

"Oh," Howard rolled his eye. "Now you listen to me? Figures."

3/3 (no mechanic)
Q6V9MFrj

close tab

played by

Ryan

He/Him
July 2
Dewford Town
Straight
Trainer
Cadet
5'9 height
5'9 height
awards
718 posts
Noel Parker DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @hellboyryan
Noel Parker
POSTED ON Jan 12, 2024 5:45:44 GMT
Noel Parker Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","inner"]

[attr="class","body"]

What kind of Pokemon didn't listen to their trainer? The idea was completely nonsensical to Noel. He knew Larviatar were bad tempered and quick to anger yet they still held some sort of respect for their companions. He had never met a pair as quirky as the two of them. And now the rock-type had continued on with its offensive. Whether the attack was made in choice by Howard or because it was simply the best move for the Larvitar, he would never know.[break][break]

"Keep going Shaymin! Show these cheaters just who they're messing with!"[break][break]

He'd have the right mind to report Howard to the proper judges once this battle had concluded, he was sure that this whole thing must be a mistake.[break][break]

As the Shaymin kept on with its laser, it soon dissipates as more energy had been spent than it could provide. The opponent's beam then overpowers the hedgehog's, blasting it away as it tumbles to the ground. Soon thereafter, it rises back up to its feet and shoots off an Energy Ball out of hate. It would not be made a fool by this foe.

[attr="class","notes"]HP: 1/3[break][break]

PBwUSCE2+15

[attr="class","bottom"]

close tab

played by

Magnetic

Admin Fox
He/Him
May 9th
Rustboro City
Bisexual
Archaeologist
Rocket Admin
awards
1,865 posts
part of
TAG WITH @magnetic
howard slayte
POSTED ON Jan 12, 2024 8:58:21 GMT
howard slayte Avatar
The two blasts struck, and the Hyper Beam and Solar Beam merged together to create a shockwave that nearly knocked Howard off his feet. At the least, it had sent his hat flying off into the sky. Howard let out a yelp as it vanished out of sight.

My lucky hat... The archaeologist bemoaned quietly as Serizawa was knocked backwards by the shockwave, though he was quick to recover. Shaymin, though, was not. It was on the back foot, and Serizawa smelled blood. He knew that the enemy was close to falling, as long as he kept up the pressure.

Howard, meanwhile, was still fretting over his hat.

"MY HAT!!!" Howard cried as Serizawa let out a Stone Edge by smashing his fist into the ground. After a momentary rumble, large spears of stone erupted forward with the intention of intercepting the Energy Ball and finishing Noel off for good.

Was this all seriously going to happen with minimal input from Howard? The archaeologist had to be cheating, in order to get such an advantage against Noel. On the bright side, the Larvitar's trainer was distracted. This was the best chance for Noel to make a comeback!

3/3 (no mechanic)
UEeH0TKn

close tab

played by

Ryan

He/Him
July 2
Dewford Town
Straight
Trainer
Cadet
5'9 height
5'9 height
awards
718 posts
Noel Parker DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @hellboyryan
Noel Parker
POSTED ON Jan 12, 2024 19:10:55 GMT
Noel Parker Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","inner"]

[attr="class","body"]

This wasn't happening. How could he be losing to someone like this? Someone who's Pokemon wouldn't listen to him. Someone who is easily distracted by trivial things like a hat. Someone who didn't seem to know the first thing about battling. This was unacceptable. He could not lose to him. He would not.[break][break]

A rage was swelling up from within Noel, one that he hadn't felt in quite some time. While he usually kept his cool and thought with a straight head, this bumbling buffoon instilled a hate deep into Noel's core.[break][break]

"Grrr... Go Shaymin! Don't let these two make us look like fools!"[break][break]

The hedgehog acknowledged that it was all or nothing at this point. They couldn't afford another hit like the previous ones. Yet already the Larvitar kept on with its attacks. The jagged rock completely dissolving their attack and threatening to end things once and for all. They wouldn't take it lying down however, opting to strike back with an Earth Power, the ground beneath the rock-type beginning to cave in. The Stone Edge reaches its mark, sharp rock cutting away at the Shaymin, causing it to falter and almost fall. But was that enough to end the match?

[attr="class","notes"]HP: 1/3[break][break]

Eq9Jq01Z+15

[attr="class","bottom"]

close tab

played by

Magnetic

Admin Fox
He/Him
May 9th
Rustboro City
Bisexual
Archaeologist
Rocket Admin
awards
1,865 posts
part of
TAG WITH @magnetic
howard slayte
POSTED ON Jan 12, 2024 20:05:08 GMT
howard slayte Avatar
It was.

The Earth Power erupted from underneath Serizawa's feet, sending the little monster flying into the sky. The strike harmed the gremlin, but Serizawa made a careful landing, moderately unscathed. Suddenly, a buzzer beeped. Checking his VITAL GEAR, Howard's eye widened.

WINNER: HOWARD SLATE AND SERIZAWA.

"Still not my name. Stupid piece of tech." Howard grumbled as he put it away. The victory felt sweet, but it felt incomplete without Howard's hat. Nonetheless, he ran towards Serizawa. "Attaboy!" The archaeologist scooped up the Larvitar, who was content to be held for a whopping five seconds.

Five seconds later, he bit Howard's hand and returned to his ball.

"C'mon! Don't I deserve a little more affection?" Howard grunted as he looked around for his hat. It fluttered down from the sky, before landing at Noel's foot. He walked over to the defeated trainer.

"Hey, so..." Howard slumped his head. "Good fight. I didn't mean to cheat. Seriously. I'm getting used to this whole 'battling' thing, still. Wasn't my intention to trip you up so badly."

He looked at Noel, pleading.

"Can I have my hat back?"

3/3 (WIN)
close tab

played by

Ryan

He/Him
July 2
Dewford Town
Straight
Trainer
Cadet
5'9 height
5'9 height
awards
718 posts
Noel Parker DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @hellboyryan
Noel Parker
POSTED ON Jan 13, 2024 16:34:10 GMT
Noel Parker Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","inner"]

[attr="class","body"]

The announcement didn't feel real. Even as Noel watched his Shaymin fall flat onto the ground, unable to continue on any further, he felt as if this must be all one sick and twisted dream. They hadn't even come close to winning. Howard and his Larvitar breezed through them like they were nothing. [break][break]

And as the dust settled, a hat comes gliding through the air, landing at Noel's feet. Picking it up with a clenched fist, he also returns his Pokemon to its Pokeball and pockets it to safety. After hearing Howard petition for the return of his headwear, he slowly walks up to the victor. He had the idea to absolutely tear into this man with words, but instead opted for silence.[break][break]

Practically shoving the thing into his hands, he would then turn around and begin walking away. Stopping after a few steps to turn his head to the side and give Howard an angered glance.[break][break]

"This isn't the end between us. One day I'll get my revenge."[break][break]

And so he leaves, determined to make sure this result wouldn't be the same next time.

[attr="class","notes"]Defeated!

[attr="class","bottom"]

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
39,029 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
POSTED ON Jan 14, 2024 6:50:56 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]VCT COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: