March 18
Ecruteak City
Straight
Expeditionary
Rustboro Captain
Single; Not Looking
5'4" height
5'4" height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
3,475 posts
part of
TAG WITH @shalinnariya
Shalin Nariya
Round Twenty-Three: Shalin vs. Illeana [VCT]
POSTED ON Jan 9, 2024 19:02:16 GMT
Shalin Nariya Avatar
The sun was beginning to sink behind the mountains west of Fortree, the second day of the Vital City Tournament winding down. Shalin still had a shot at being inside the money bubble at the end of the day. She just had to win out. Taking things one match at a time, the exhausted-looking Captain and her Shiny Beedrill made their way to the arena reserved for their penultimate match.

"Oh, hi there Illeana!" the green-dressed girl waved to the familiar researcher. "Wasn't expecting to run into you here! How you been?" Queen Zing made as much of a smiling gesture as she could with her mandibles, though it was difficult for the species to look anything except menacing. "Some time after the tournament, if you have an opening, I want to show you something different about my Sygna Suit. It might help our understanding of them."

Planning to use Mega Evolution!

{WC: 147}
{PC: 1}

NAME          SPECIES        STATUS
Queen Zing    Beedrill**     ♥♥♥

close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist, alchemist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
you caged me and then you called me crazy; i am what i am 'cause you trained me.
awards
4,130 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
POSTED ON Jan 9, 2024 19:59:27 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illeana"]
[attr="class","illeana b"]
[attr="class","illeana i"]the scientist's resulting smile is warm and friendly.

"hey, it's been a while! been okay, busy - how've you been?"

her schedule has been as demanding as ever, though she did manage to shuffle some things around to make room for this tournament. and so far, it's surprisingly been enjoyable for the non-battler.

"sounds good to me! just make sure to let reception know when you wanna stop by."

for now, however, they have another task at hand. the scientist's eevee barks excitedly at shalin and her beedrill, tail wagging enough to shake its whole body. illeana gestures, then, for her opponent to start them off. the dynamax band on her wrist shines bright in the sun.

"ready when you are."

[newclass=.illeana] text-align: justify; text-transform: lowercase; font-size: 12px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.illeana b] color: #E37474; font-size: 13px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.illeana i] text-decoration: underline dotted #E37474; font-size: 13px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

raikourider

She/Her
March 18
Ecruteak City
Straight
Expeditionary
Rustboro Captain
Single; Not Looking
5'4" height
5'4" height
awards
3,475 posts
part of
TAG WITH @shalinnariya
Shalin Nariya
POSTED ON Jan 11, 2024 17:53:59 GMT
Shalin Nariya Avatar

"Just tired and wanna go home," Shalin sighed. "It's been a long tournament." She looked out of it, much of her gusto spent after looking excited to see Illeana again. Queen Zing would largely be on her own, perhaps not able to rely on Shalin for Mega Evolution if she got in a tight spot. If the researcher was paying attention, she may have been able to notice a groan from the sight of the Dynamax Band.

At the sound of the starting horn, Queen Zing dashed toward the Eevee that was her opponent, her foreleg stings ready to POISON JAB the small normal-type. Her wings drowned out even the sound of the raucous gallery watching the match.

9EcpJak2

Planning to use Mega Evolution!

{PC: 2}

close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist, alchemist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
you caged me and then you called me crazy; i am what i am 'cause you trained me.
awards
4,130 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
POSTED ON Jan 13, 2024 0:51:05 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illeana"]
[attr="class","illeana i"]while it's been a long tournament, illeana finds it to be more fun than tiring. there's a thrill associated with the concept of testing her merit against various trainers - as if she's just discovered this feeling for the first time and she wants to gorge herself on it as much as possible before it's over.

her eevee manages to dart around the poison jab just in time, though it grazes skin slightly all the same.

and she looks to put distance between them, then, with a few jumps to the side to keep out of the beedrill's arm range. from her new position a few feet away, she lets out a couple of shadow balls at the beedrill. whether they hit or not, they're assisting in her attempts to evade.

3PIKIlQB

hp: 4/4

[newclass=.illeana] text-align: justify; text-transform: lowercase; font-size: 12px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.illeana i] text-decoration: underline dotted #E37474; font-size: 13px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

raikourider

She/Her
March 18
Ecruteak City
Straight
Expeditionary
Rustboro Captain
Single; Not Looking
5'4" height
5'4" height
awards
3,475 posts
part of
TAG WITH @shalinnariya
Shalin Nariya
POSTED ON Jan 25, 2024 16:06:50 GMT
Shalin Nariya Avatar
That was one nimble Normal-type, weaving around the rapid stabs and even managing to loose a small volley of fast and accurate SHADOW BALLS between attacks. Shaking her head, she couldn't hold back any more. Reaching for her MEGA CIRCLET's KEY STONE, it and Queen Zing glowed with the light of MEGA EVOLUTION, the green wasp sprouting two more stings.

Assuming her apex form, the Beedrill zoomed toward the researcher's Eevee in an effort to inoculate it with venom. Perhaps she would have an easier time, having four stings to thrust and POISON JAB with instead of two.

vo2ZBdBg+20

Mega Evolution 1/2!

{PC: 3}

Queen Zing    Beedrill**     ♥♥

close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist, alchemist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,130 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
POSTED ON Jan 28, 2024 19:44:32 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illeana"]
[attr="class","illeana i"]as illeana stares down the field, she takes note of the slight influx of energy surrounding the beedrill. a moment later, mega evolution follows and her expression crinkles slightly at the seams before settling into neutrality.

her eevee is jabbed once or twice before the scientist pulls the pin. the dynamax band on her wrist glows and after a moment, red swirling energy begins to surround the field.

the scientist's eevee grows in size until she's a colossal fox staring down at the mega beedrill. from the eevee's new position above the field, she is quick to retaliate with g-max cuddle in an attempt to smack the beedrill down into the ground.

bPtb_9MJ

hp: 4/4

close tab

played by

raikourider

She/Her
March 18
Ecruteak City
Straight
Expeditionary
Rustboro Captain
Single; Not Looking
5'4" height
5'4" height
awards
3,475 posts
part of
TAG WITH @shalinnariya
Shalin Nariya
POSTED ON Jan 28, 2024 20:58:32 GMT
Shalin Nariya Avatar
Shalin pumped a fist, her Mega Evolved Beedrill stabbing the Eevee several times and filling the foe with venom. That venom would be diluted as Illeana's Dynamax Band flashed red, the adorable Eevee growing to colossal size. With how little venom there was in the normal-type's new body compared to its size, she couldn't possibly inject enough poison into it to fell it alone.

Going on the offensive while she had her four stings about her, all four whirled rapidly like a Rhydon's horn, trying to bore into the Eevee as deeply as possible with a DRILL RUN before the G-MAX CUDDLE smacked down on her and hurled her out of the way.

L9|NCDIL+20

Mega Evolution 2/2!

{PC: 4}

close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist, alchemist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,130 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
POSTED ON Jan 29, 2024 0:59:03 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illeana"]
[attr="class","illeana i"]drill run bores into the eevee's paw with a sharp pain, earning a high pitched yelp from the fox as she manages to bat the beedrill away just in time. the drills yank out of her paw and she's careful to return it back to the dirt...

and in order to protect her injured paw, the gigantamax eevee shifts gears.

max phantasm rises from the shadows of the arena. they look to knock the beedrill around and keep it at a safe distance.

Qy8F1Fnf

hp: 3/4

close tab

played by

raikourider

She/Her
March 18
Ecruteak City
Straight
Expeditionary
Rustboro Captain
Single; Not Looking
5'4" height
5'4" height
awards
3,475 posts
part of
TAG WITH @shalinnariya
Shalin Nariya
POSTED ON Jan 29, 2024 5:31:37 GMT
Shalin Nariya Avatar
Max moves were the most terrifying moves Shalin had ever seen. Even her Yanmega's Flitting Fortissimo paled in comparison to the strength of these court-covering attacks. The entire court became draped in shadowy hands that dragged the Beedrill into the ethereal world. Not adept at withstanding the otherworldly cold, when she was shunted out of it and back to the material world, her wing joints were too cold to flap fast enough to keep her airborne, even after shedding the added weight of her apex form.

Now reverted into her standard form, the grounded wasp pointed her two foreleg stings toward the giant before her. A barrage of TWINEEDLES would pelt the Eevee, though Shalin wasn't sure how effective they would be on such a large foe.

WhNxOD6x

{PC: 5}

close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist, alchemist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,130 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
POSTED ON Jan 29, 2024 8:56:32 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illeana"]
[attr="class","illeana i"]as twineedles hammer into the eevee's legs, her tail swishes in mild annoyance for the barrage of stabs stings the longer it continues.

and after a moment of allowance, the eevee's patience has run out.

a paw rises and swipes toward the beedrill, pushed into a stronger swat by utilizing the power of g-max cuddle.

mpEt0MnO

hp: 3/4

close tab

played by

raikourider

She/Her
March 18
Ecruteak City
Straight
Expeditionary
Rustboro Captain
Single; Not Looking
5'4" height
5'4" height
awards
3,475 posts
part of
TAG WITH @shalinnariya
Shalin Nariya
POSTED ON Jan 29, 2024 17:09:29 GMT
Shalin Nariya Avatar
It was only her apex form that let the Beedrill remain in flight after the first G-MAX CUDDLE. She was helpless against a second, the Gigantamax Pokémon's paw simply too large to avoid. Desperately try as she might, she could not escape the squeezing cuddle. The brightness of Queen Zing's compound eyes changing rapidly was enough for the judges to whistle the match dead, declaring the winner.

"So this is the power of Dynamax..." Shalin trailed off, recalling her fallen partner. "It's incredible. And people call my Pokémon larger than life." There was a fear of the unknown welling within her; what kinds of side effects would growing so large have on the Pokémon? Were she to acquire a Dynamax Band of her own, what kind of destruction could Queen Zing wreak with it? Would earplugs even help with noise that loud?

{PC: 6}

9WE|Gdjb
close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist, alchemist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,130 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
POSTED ON Jan 30, 2024 3:44:52 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illeana"]
[attr="class","illeana i"]the battle ends with her eevee emerging victorious, something the scientist can't help but smile about. the uncertainty of participating in such a tournament has steadily decreased with each win. naturally losses are also expected, but the wins feel like small displays of success and she can't just ignore them.

her eevee returns to its normal size in a swirl of red energy and after a moment, the head scientist moves to scoop the eevee up into her arms.

"it's definitely something, isn't it?"

she's still on the fence about the whole phenomena, but it doesn't seem all that bad the longer she uses it... right?

a smile rises, then, and before turning to leave for her next match, she leaves shalin with a parting remark.

"see you again soon!"

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
39,029 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
POSTED ON Jan 31, 2024 2:43:25 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]VCT COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: