awards
2,072 posts
part of
TAG WITH @andreavaneau
Andrea Vaneau
The Sky's The Limit [M][Sinnoh][C/Andrea]
POSTED ON Feb 3, 2024 16:14:29 GMT
Andrea Vaneau Avatar
With each scenario Josh came up with, his costumed friend grew increasingly horrified. "S-stop that, you're scarying me!" If the rulers of time and space were truly capable of such reality-breaking feats, what did it mean for the future of 820 now that was in kahoots with one of them?

"There have to be ways to use their powers without hurting anyone, right?" The dragon fanatic sat on top of an ancient slab of stone, the soles of her feet touching each other. "Besides, the fact that Palkia chose an avatar in the first place means that they still seek human companionship just like all other Pokémon. It's kinda sad when you think about it... If those old Sinnoh tales are true, they're two of the oldest beings in the universe, which means they probably spent millions of years being alone."

close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
"With great speed comes great responsibility."
awards
6,947 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
POSTED ON Feb 4, 2024 17:25:16 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
Josh respected Andrea's boundaries. It was a lot imagining what could be done with temporal manipulation; the Gym Leader had barely scraped the surface, and with innocent use cases at that. "Exactly, and that's what I was getting at. Reversing the act of spilling a drink is harmless, right? Or reversing the act of someone breaking something?"

Legendary Pokémon were still Pokémon, after all. "It's why I still hold out hope for Raikou finding me. He has to find someone, right?" The two points of view on legendary Pokémon were great contrasts to one another, Josh revering them more like gods, while Andrea seemed to lean into them being simply rare and not very well understood Pokémon. Perhaps Josh had been misunderstanding the entire time and Raikou was as playful as any other cat Pokémon?

Grasping Sidewinder's Poké Ball in hand, Josh's smile grew. "Andrea, have you ever been on a Dragapult's back before? They have a unique talent no other Pokémon can replicate. They can take you to the ethereal world and back." That wasn't exactly true, but it was the only Pokémon that was readily available.

Besides, even Josh would give caution to strapping a saddle to Giratina's back. How did befriend such a behemoth, anyway?

{PC: 9}

NAME          SPECIES        STATUS
Resheph       Dragonair      Good
Tiamat        Dragonite      Exhaust
Alphamax      Garchomp       Good
Kokusho       Hydreigon      Good
Valoo         Drampa         Good
Sidewinder    Dragapult      Good
close tab

played by

Kost

Dragon-hooded girl
she/her
August 10
Fallarbor Town, Hoenn
Asexual
Minor Gym Leader
Ace (Civilian)
5'11" (180 cm) height
5'11" (180 cm) height
I wanna become a Pokémon!
awards
2,072 posts
part of
TAG WITH @andreavaneau
Andrea Vaneau
POSTED ON Feb 6, 2024 17:21:29 GMT
Andrea Vaneau Avatar
"Exactly! The legendary beasts of Johto were regular Pokémon once, weren't they?" The young PokéManiac pointed out with a wide smile. "Entei has already chosen , while Suicune has chosen . I'm sure Raikou is alive and searching for a worthy trainer too!"

Part of her wondered what would happen if Raikou chose someone other than Josh. Would he turn bitter and resentful towards that other person? Andrea chose not to bring up that possibility, but it was clear from her trepidatious expression that she was thinking it. To those who knew her well enough, she was practically an open book.

As soon as the racing-obsessed youth mentioned Dragapult, Stella popped out of her ball of her own volition, zooming around in excitement. "I got a taste of that ethereal world when we went to the moon, remember? It was scary stuff." Andrea said, hugging herself. "...but also kinda exciting!" She added with a slight smirk.

close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
6,947 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
POSTED ON Feb 9, 2024 19:06:03 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
"Wait, is alive? And Suicune's chosen him?" Josh asked, bewildered as though an enormous gust of wind blew him off his feet. Not that Suicune had bonded with him, but that he was alive at all. He hadn't heard a peep from Isaac since the day of the Mauville riots. That was before the Eris debacle, too. Had it really been so long?

As much as Josh would be disappointed to see Raikou choose someone else, he wouldn't be bitter over such a choice. At least not for long. Befriending Raikou didn't necessarily mean being chosen as an Avatar. As long as he was good friends with the person Raikou did choose, his dream was his own.

Not to mention the more he looked into what Avatars were and what they did, the more he realized it would put him in an uncomfortable amount of danger. He was no front-line fighter. He was a messenger. Perhaps the fastest messenger in Hoenn. It was part of the reason Josh had submitted to the League the idea of war courier training as a Gym Challenge.

"Oh, so you have one, too!" Josh chirped, releasing his own phantom dragon, Sidewinder. Taking a seat on the ghost-type's back, his smile grew already from feeling the creature's idle undulations. "...Right, that was so long ago. Ready for our first dive of the vacation?" he idly asked.

{PC: 10}

close tab

played by

Kost

Dragon-hooded girl
she/her
August 10
Fallarbor Town, Hoenn
Asexual
Minor Gym Leader
Ace (Civilian)
5'11" (180 cm) height
5'11" (180 cm) height
awards
2,072 posts
part of
TAG WITH @andreavaneau
Andrea Vaneau
POSTED ON Feb 10, 2024 15:40:14 GMT
Andrea Vaneau Avatar
"Oops! I wasn't supposed to say that!" Andrea covered her own mouth, thinking that Josh would get even more jealous of his contemporaries now. Then again, with the way used his avatar powers willy-nilly, she supposed people were bound to find out sooner or later.

"Was it really that long ago?" The dragon enthusiast mused, while mounting her own Dragapult. It felt like only a few months ago, yet over a year had passed. She held tightly unto Stella's stabilizers, steeling herself.

"Alright, let's dive at the same time. Three... Two... One... Phantom Force!"

close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
6,947 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
POSTED ON Feb 13, 2024 3:04:21 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
Oh, Arceus. How much more he looked forward to a reunion with his friend. He wondered how close of a race it would be between Raikiri and Suicune. Would Isaac let Josh drive? The prospect was so exciting. "See, Andrea, I don't need to be Raikou's Avatar to be his friend. I just need to be friends with the person who is." What a small world Hoenn was, indeed.

On Andrea's count, Josh squeezed Sidewinder's sides, issuing his own command to use PHANTOM FORCE. Both of them vanished into the cold, ethereal world with their trainers. More experience riding during the attack let Josh stave off the chills some, or at least be more prepared for them. The purples and grays reminded Josh of his trip into the Reverse World with , only this time they would only be inside for seconds.

Sidewinder's tail jiggled fast enough to vibrate much like an Arbok's when scaring predators away. Faster and faster the two dragons hurtled down the mountain, a tunnel of light approaching fast. Within a few seconds, it had turned from a speck of light to covering their entire field of vision.

Josh emerged back in the material world, expecting that Andrea and Stella would in tandem with him. "YEEEEE--" his whoop would be cut off by an aural explosion, followed by a conic dust cloud forming behind him as his surroundings went silent. The cone grew more and more acute as the Dragapult continued to dive, going faster than even Tiamat could.

With Eterna City on the horizon, Josh had to turn south to avoid disturbing the peace of the elderly municipality with the sonic boom trailing him. Though the turn was shallow, Josh's entire body shook from his Pokémon's crushing momentum. It was the second fastest the Gym Leader had ever gone before -- and perhaps the fastest Andrea had, too, if she rode alongside Josh.

Would she ever get a turn perched on Rayquaza?

{PC: 11}

close tab

played by

Kost

Dragon-hooded girl
she/her
August 10
Fallarbor Town, Hoenn
Asexual
Minor Gym Leader
Ace (Civilian)
5'11" (180 cm) height
5'11" (180 cm) height
awards
2,072 posts
part of
TAG WITH @andreavaneau
Andrea Vaneau
POSTED ON Feb 14, 2024 21:59:56 GMT
Andrea Vaneau Avatar
Though they only got a brief taste of it, the ethereal world was truly something else. It was like an inverse-colored mirror image of their mortal realm, with the namesake spires of Spear Pillar pointing in the wrong direction.

Up was down, and down was up. How did gravity even work in this place? Andrea felt dizzy just thinking about it, let alone experiencing it first hand. When they re-emerged in the material world, it was at an entirely different location. What a handy mode of transportation!

Soon, Chomper and Huggles descended from the clouds, having just barely caught up with the two trainers. The young cosplayer took a moment to catch her breath, feeling like she could pass out at any moment. "Hah... hah... I think that's enough for today. Let's get back to the hotel."

In her over-eagerness to go dragon-riding with Josh, she had underestimated how tired she truly was from their flight, but now the effects of jet-lag were finally settling in. If she went completely loose, she risked becoming bedridden for the rest of their vacation.

close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
6,947 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
POSTED ON Feb 15, 2024 20:38:33 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
Even Josh was huffing after Sidewinder's supersonic dive, speeding through the material and the ethereal. Their speed made even a lazy turn feel powerful, their wake creating a heaven-rending boom. Coming off the adrenaline high made him feel just as tired as Andrea was. "I... think so, too!" the speed-crazed Gym Leader exhaled. Who knew riding a ghost could be so thrilling?

When the adrenaline high wore off, Josh, too, felt like he could fall asleep at any moment. "Yep, let's head back. I get the feeling we're gonna have no trouble sleeping tonight!" Even in a casual flight, Dragapult were still amazingly fast, getting them back to their place of lodging faster than any taxi would. Such was the advantage of dragonback travel that strong trainers enjoyed the privilege of. And this was just day zero. They still had two weeks to enjoy the sights of Sinnoh - and more importantly, not worry about the disasters befalling Hoenn!

{PC: 12}

close tab

played by

gremlin creature

the shadow mod
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
mod
googoo gaga
spiral is my big poppa pump (positive)
600 foot tall baby height
600 foot tall baby height
sleeping in mod reqs
awards
3,497 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mod
spiral and shiv's baby
POSTED ON Feb 17, 2024 0:42:51 GMT
spiral and shiv's baby Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]MISSION COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS:
img
The Shula Region
Hogwarts AU
RPG Unlimited
MR
The Enroi Region
N:FB
Vyrehaven