he/him
October 18th
slateport
undecided
Gym Leader
Ace Trainer
smol height
smol height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
2,448 posts
Hideo Kino DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @hideo
Hideo Kino
VCT: Hideo vs Shred
POSTED ON Jan 13, 2024 19:56:53 GMT
Hideo Kino Avatar
Another day, another battle. The usual for Hideo, though at least this was for a tournament, rather than his Gym challenge.

For today, he'd shake things up: instead of using his Sygna Suit, he'd be rocking his Z-ring. His Beheeyem had always been capable of Z-moves, but now he felt like showing off a bit; he'd shown off his fashion sense for long enough.

"Ready when you are," Hideo said, waving to his opponent. His Beheeyem merely stood there, its eyes watching. Waiting. "No need for either of us to hold back~"

Chosen Gimmick: Z-move (+50 to a single roll, once per battle)

close tab

played by

Raptor

Shredder
He/Him
December 25th
Spikemunth
Northeast
Wastrel
Rocket Beast
I survived because the fire inside me burned brighter than the fire around me.
awards
727 posts
part of
TAG WITH @shredzeppelin
Shred Zeppelin
POSTED ON Jan 14, 2024 0:53:59 GMT
Shred Zeppelin Avatar
...Hm. You're fighting a blind child. Are you allowed to make jokes about this? On one hand, you've got a few pretty funny wisecracks brewing in the think tank, but on the other, you don't want to be ableist. Well, not that it really matters, does it? After all, this fight isn't between you and him, but your Meltan and his Beeheeyem.

"Okay, bud, it's showtime. Word of advice? This one is a psychic, so just... Uh... Well, I don't really know how you're supposed to counter that on such short notice, but I'm sure you'll figure something out. You ready?"

"ready freddy ( ̄^ ̄)ゞ" Meltan gives a tiny salute before it hops off your shoulder, waddling into position and preparing to battle the extraterrestial enemy. "hello mr alien ( ̄▽ ̄)ノ welcome to earth! let's have a very good fight ok?"

Gimmick, TERA; +15 on Even Rolls.
close tab

played by

Blue Star

Hideo
he/him
October 18th
slateport
undecided
Gym Leader
Ace Trainer
smol height
smol height
awards
2,448 posts
Hideo Kino DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @hideo
Hideo Kino
POSTED ON Jan 14, 2024 18:15:00 GMT
Hideo Kino Avatar
The Beheeyem tilted its head as the Meltan welcomed it…to earth. "I was born and raised on this planet," it telepathically said to the Meltan, though it did offer a wave with its large, round hand. "But yes, I hope our fight is a good one."

With that, it gave Hideo the cue that it was time to fight - a message that wasn't as clear as the one it just gave the Meltan, but one the boy would get the jist of. "Alright, do what you do best, Elga!" the boy ordered.

And the Beheeyem would do just that, aiming a blast of Psychic energy at the Meltan.

zfFSgMKe

close tab

played by

Raptor

Shredder
He/Him
December 25th
Spikemunth
Northeast
Wastrel
Rocket Beast
awards
727 posts
part of
TAG WITH @shredzeppelin
Shred Zeppelin
POSTED ON Jan 16, 2024 7:23:53 GMT
Shred Zeppelin Avatar
And so, the fight starts just about how you expected it to - With Meltan getting hit by Psychic energy. Not that it was some kind of amazing prediction, mind. The Psychic type, using a Psychic type move? Doesn't take a Psychic to figure that out.

"gweh!" The Hex Nut yelps as they're sent flying by the blast, tumbling across the ground for a good few seconds before they finally come to a halt. "(×﹏×) owie"

Fortunately, that isn't enough to put your little buddy down. No, this isn't his first match in this tournament, and he isn't about to fold from a single attack. Meltan quickly hops back to his feet and prepares his counterattack, gathering metallic light within the palm of his hands, before shooting it forth in the form of a Flash Cannon.

8TrvbUIE + 15 = 69.
Meltan loses. 2/3 HP Remaining.
close tab

played by

Blue Star

Hideo
he/him
October 18th
slateport
undecided
Gym Leader
Ace Trainer
smol height
smol height
awards
2,448 posts
Hideo Kino DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @hideo
Hideo Kino
POSTED ON Jan 16, 2024 16:25:29 GMT
Hideo Kino Avatar
Predictable it may be, it was a reliable attack. Heck, almost all his Psychic-types had it.

Hideo would've been shocked if that was enough to take down a Meltan; his own was a lot tougher than that. And sure enough, the opposing Meltan was still raring to battle, firing a Flash Cannon at his Beheeyem.

His Beheeyem, despite its speed, was able to avoid the blast. It quick tore some rocks out of the ground, balling them up together into a Rock Tomb, tossing it at the Meltan.

HP: 3/3

bJRjxhdp

close tab

played by

Raptor

Shredder
He/Him
December 25th
Spikemunth
Northeast
Wastrel
Rocket Beast
awards
727 posts
part of
TAG WITH @shredzeppelin
Shred Zeppelin
POSTED ON Jan 20, 2024 6:37:44 GMT
Shred Zeppelin Avatar
Despite his best efforts, Meltan's Flash Cannon couldn't score a hit. Beeheeyem's Rock Tomb, though? It couldn't have landed more cleanly upon the little blob even if they had been placed one by one. Such were the disadvantages of having little-to-no legs to speak of - Even dodging slow attacks proved a challenge.

"gweh!!"

For a moment, the pile of rocks just lay there in a heap, completely unmoving. Then, Meltan would burst out from his tomb and fire a Tera Blast towards the Beeheeyem. Sure, a Tera Blast while Unterastalized wasn't the most impressive attack to use, but you didn't exactly have much choice. After all, if you did commit to a Tera Fighting, that'd only cause you more problems than it solved...

zgE5K2wM + 15 = 27.
Meltan LOSES. 1/3 HP remaining.
close tab

played by

Blue Star

Hideo
he/him
October 18th
slateport
undecided
Gym Leader
Ace Trainer
smol height
smol height
awards
2,448 posts
Hideo Kino DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @hideo
Hideo Kino
POSTED ON Jan 21, 2024 14:49:31 GMT
Hideo Kino Avatar
So far, so good. His Beheeyem was putting up a good fight, though a Meltan was one Pokemon he knew not to underestimate.

Though Hideo did feel a bit bad about how direct that hit was. Resistant or not, a Meltan was just a little guy, and those noises it made when hit did hurt him a little. But he'd power through it; he knew his Beheeyem wouldn't hesitate.

Which was for the best, because that Tera Blast caught him off guard. He hadn't even noticed a Terastalization occurred, and his Beheeyem didn't notify him of one; had his opponent pulled a quick change on him?!

It could've been any type now - and a Tera Blast was a strong attack.

So he had to respond with a strong attack of his own.

Energy flowed from Hideo's Z-ring into his Beheeyem, the Beheeyem lighting up with a purple glow as it channeled psychic energy forward, a Shattered Psyche aiming to blow through the Tera Blast - and toss the Meltan from side to side.

N_9Rr4gF+50

close tab

played by

Raptor

Shredder
He/Him
December 25th
Spikemunth
Northeast
Wastrel
Rocket Beast
awards
727 posts
part of
TAG WITH @shredzeppelin
Shred Zeppelin
POSTED ON Jan 22, 2024 13:03:06 GMT
Shred Zeppelin Avatar
"x_x"

Meltan might've been strong, but he wasn't THAT strong. Hit by the full force of Beeheeyem's Shattered Psyche, there simply wasn't anything he could do against the overwhelming power of the Z-Move. The little Hex Nut was sent flying backwards, right past you, before crashing into the wall and leaving a little hexagonal hole in it.

You just lost a fight to a blind child. Or, well, Meltan lost a fight to his Beeheeyem. Yeah, you're going to go with that one instead. It makes you sound like less of a complete and utter failure.

"Well."

BMQXqD_L
Meltan LOSES. Hideo WINS.
close tab

played by

Blue Star

Hideo
he/him
October 18th
slateport
undecided
Gym Leader
Ace Trainer
smol height
smol height
awards
2,448 posts
Hideo Kino DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @hideo
Hideo Kino
POSTED ON Jan 24, 2024 23:54:41 GMT
Hideo Kino Avatar

Perhaps the Z-move was overkill. Hideo had only intended to knock out the Meltan, not use it to make a new window-hole.

At least he knew a Meltan could take that kind of hit…at least he knew his could. It was the bit of consolation he'd hold on to here.

He was a bit at a loss for words, so he just said what he thought of first.

"Well…it was a good match." Definitely the cleanest one he'd had. "If you ever wanna have a rematch, I run the Gym over in Littleroot, so you can find me there."

Maybe even let the Meltan meet his Melmetal.

close tab

played by

Raptor

Shredder
He/Him
December 25th
Spikemunth
Northeast
Wastrel
Rocket Beast
awards
727 posts
part of
TAG WITH @shredzeppelin
Shred Zeppelin
POSTED ON Jan 30, 2024 2:31:28 GMT
Shred Zeppelin Avatar
At that, you turn to leave.

...What, were you expecting some kind of witty commentary or poignant self-reflection or something? Hell no. You just got your ass kicked incredibly hard. There's nothing funny about that, and you certainly don't want to interrogate how it makes you feel. No, you're just getting the hell out of here.

One day, a neuron in your brain will misfire and erase this memory from your mind entirely, lost like tears in rain. Fingers crossed that day ends up being tomorrow.

close tab

played by

a toddler

little toot toot
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
mod
googoo gaga
spiral is my big poppa pump (positive)
600 foot tall baby height
600 foot tall baby height
sleeping in mod reqs
awards
2,374 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mod
spiral and shiv's baby
POSTED ON Jan 30, 2024 2:47:50 GMT
spiral and shiv's baby Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]VCT COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: