[nospaces]

[attr="class","omgen"]
[attr="class","omgentop"]THE WILDS:[break]
LESSER MEGALOPOLIS

[attr="class","omgenmid"]

ONGOING EVENT
EXPLORATION

SKY PILLAR[break]✥ LESSER MEGALOPOLIS

[player]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/1035423510278979624/1102470275758567474/meglal.mp3[/player][break]
Ultra Megalopolis - Pokémon Ultra Sun & Ultra Moon
[break]

A RUINED CITY IN ULTRA SPACE. It is unclear whether this is a different universe's Ultra Megalopolis or smaller colony. Regardless, it is a dark city with intermittent sections of flickering, artificial light... Large, black prism-like skyscrapers loom above flat black streets. Much ruin has fallen here, but you get the sense that you're not alone...

PROMPTS

LIST OF PROMPTS

[attr="class","ynospace"]
  • 02 use an ILLUMINA POKEMON to help light your way, or to distract/attract threats.
  • 12 scale a megalopolis skyscraper, leap from one skyscraper to the next, or descend one.
  • 14 be quiet.
  • 24 witness frenzied drawings etched into walls of an ULTRA NECROZMA DESCENDING UPON THIS CITY; your characters will not know what ULTRA NECROZMA is (until they do)—but may find it similar to one of the tapestry found in GOODBYE GALAR'S ALTERNATE 'REALITY' HAMMERLOCKE and make logical deductions.
  • 28 encounter gargantuan guzzlord who devour anything or anyone without discrimination. occasionally intriguing items, or disturbing remnants from their meals can be found on or between their teeth.
  • 🗺️ utilize a legendary in an advantageous way.
  • 🗺️ SPECIAL HUNT: will be able to encounter and catch a GUZZLORD or BLACEPHALON (one or the other). they may be armored or embedded with BLACK METAL &/OR SPARKLING STONES. this material may allow them to unleash devastating Z-MOVES, which makes their subduing and/or capture notoriously difficult. afterward, the material will fall from their bodies as defunct scraps.

EXPEDITION TREASURES

AT THE END OF EACH EXPEDITION THREAD, all characters must ROLL for their final post. The HIGHEST FOUR ROLLS will be counted for what TREASURES are retrieved from the location. These treasures will be returned to each faction for future use...

[attr="class","pcContainer"]
[attr="class","greenBg"]

[attr="class","boxContainer"]
[attr="class","boxName"]YOUR HAUL

[attr="class","pcTable"]
[attr="class","pcFlip"]

[attr="class","slot material"]

RULES

PLEASE READ THE FOLLOWING GUIDELINES. A more comprehensive list of rules will be published in each event thread. These rules are also subject to change.[break][break][break]

[attr="class","ynospace"]
  • Your character can only be in ONE EXPEDITION THREAD at a time.
  • You may participate with all of your characters; however, be aware of your ability to post.
  • If a thread partner has not posted in awhile, please skip them in this event. Momentum is important for engagement.
  • Since these threads may feature combat, please be reasonable with your battling. Discuss with your group if you'd like one move per post, how many Pokemon are allowed to be brought, etc.
  • Try to keep posts short for clarity and speed.
  • Please be trusting and open to communicating with all of your thread partners.
  • Please INCLUDE WHICH PROMPTS you are using in your expedition thread.
  • Please have at least FIVE POSTS PER CHARACTER in your expedition thread.

IN YOUR FINAL POSTS, PLEASE ROLL.

[newclass=.ynospace li] padding: 5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.pcContainer]margin: 0 auto; margin-top: 25px; width: 325px; height: 150px; background: #2b2b2b; overflow: hidden; border-radius:5px; border:solid 2px #232323;[/newclass]
[newclass=.greenBg]position: relative; margin-left: -70%; width: 70%; height: 120%; background: #9DD404; transform: skewX(-30deg); border-right: 82px solid #96CD04; z-index: 0;[/newclass]
[newclass=.boxContainer]position: relative; margin: 0; margin-top: -150px; padding: 0; padding-left: 5px; width: 300px; margin-right: 350px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.boxName]background: #fefaff; width: 170px; border-radius: 50px; margin: 0 auto 5px 69px; padding-top: 5px; padding-bottom: 5px; font-family: Roboto; text-align: center; font-weight: bold; font-size: 16px; color: #000;[/newclass]
[newclass=.pcTable]overflow-x: hidden; overflow-y: scroll; direction: rtl; scrollbar-color: #7db302 #87c200; scrollbar-width: thin;[/newclass]
[newclass=.pcTable::-webkit-scrollbar]width: 7px; background-color: #87c200;[/newclass]
[newclass=.pcTable::-webkit-scrollbar-thumb]background-color: #7db302;[/newclass]
[newclass=.pcFlip]width: 310px; height: 300px; display: flex; flex-wrap: wrap; margin-right: -20px; direction: ltr;[/newclass]
[newclass=.slot]background: #fefaff; border-radius: 25%; margin: 10px; width: 40px; height: 40px; text-align: center; position: relative;[/newclass]
[newclass=.slot img]position: absolute; top: 0; bottom: 0; left: 0; right: 0; margin: auto;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

myriascope

rosie
she / her
October 14
Vermilion City, Kanto
unknown
demolition expert
Civilian
But I still believe, someday this lie will set me free
awards
4,725 posts
Eris Halla DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @eris
Eris Halla
LESSER MEGALOPOLIS: EI
POSTED ON Jan 21, 2024 0:26:33 GMT
Eris Halla Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","adrie-cover"]
[attr="class","adrie-ban"]
[attr="class","adrie-lyric1"]To the monster you became
[attr="class","adrie-b"]
[attr="class","adrie-c"]
[attr="class","adrie-lyric2"]I'll be your CONTRADICTION
[attr="class","top-acc"]
[attr="class","adrie-content1"]
[attr="class","adrie-content2"]
[attr="class","adrie-img"]
[attr="class","adrie-img2"]
[attr="class","inner-finally"]Even a child of the night may fear just what lies deepest in her domain. Silence takes her hand, her steps treaded light over dust and debris scattered through the streets. Though she does dare to glance at the lights flickering up above, her eye generally remains around the corners. Pinpricks constantly gnaw at her nape, her figure oh so small compared to the skyscrapers that loom over them.[break][break]

"Isaac..."[break][break]

Tension in her fingers find no relief in clasping at Reiner's mane. Her breaths are short, as if taking too deep a breath might draw unwanted company to the sounds of life.[break][break]

"Where is this?"
[attr="class","bottome-acc"]
[attr="class","adrie-note"] || theme

KAY OF PIXEL PERFECT]break][break]

[newclass=".adrie-cover"]background:#2B2B2B;border:solid 1px #2B2B2B;width:450px;padding:10px;margin:0 auto;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-ban"]position:relative;z-index:0;background:url(https://i.imgur.com/rd13hMM.jpg);-webkit-clip-path:polygon(50% 0%,100% 0,100% 75%,0 100%,0 0);clip-path:polygon(50% 0%,100% 0,100% 75%,0 100%,0 0);width:450px;height:200px;overflow:hidden;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-lyric1"]font-size:10px;color:#fff;letter-spacing:4px;position:absolute;text-transform:uppercase;font-family:roboto;text-align:right;padding-top:6px;margin-left:12px;text-shadow:1px 1px 0 #555,-1px -1px 0 #555,1px -1px 0 #555,-1px 1px 0 #555,3px 3px 5px #555;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-lyric2"]font-size:10px;color:#fff;letter-spacing:4px;position:absolute;text-transform:uppercase;font-family:roboto;text-align:right;padding-top:6px;margin-left:125px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-lyric2 b"]font-size:11px;color:#f41111;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-b"]width:0;height:276px;overflow:hidden;margin-left:-50px;transform:skew(-20deg);transition:width 1s ease;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-cover:hover .adrie-b"]width:600px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-c"]width:590px;height:200px;transform:skew(20deg);margin-left:-78px;background-image:linear-gradient(rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.3), rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.3)), url(https://i.imgur.com/LkangdN.jpg);background-position:114px 0;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-content1"]background-image:url(https://i.imgur.com/vQW3tEE.png);padding-top:40px;margin-top:-50px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-content2"]font-size:10px;line-height:14px;color:#a9a9a9;padding:40px;background:rgba(255,255,255,0);text-align:justify;font-family:arial;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-content2 b"]color:#b76e79;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-bg"]background:#f1f1f1;border:solid 1px #2B2B2B;width:150px;margin-top:10px;height:400px;background-attachment:fixed;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-heads"]font-size:10px;text-transform:uppercase;font-family:roboto;letter-spacing:1px;background:#f9f9f9;color:#444;font-weight:900;border:solid 1px #2B2B2B;width:115px;margin-top:20px;font-size:9px;margin-left:5px;padding:10px 0px 10px 20px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-icon"]transition:0.2s all;opacity:0;position:absolute;margin-top:16px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-note"]font-size:8px;text-align:center;font-family:roboto;letter-spacing:3px;padding-top:18px;color:#fff;text-transform:uppercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-note a"]font-size:8px;font-family:roboto;letter-spacing:3px;text-transform:uppercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-solid"]background:#ca3f46;height:20px;margin-top:3px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".bottome-acc"]background:#581717;background-attachment:fixed;height:50px;margin-top:-25px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-img img"]margin-top:-80px;position:relative;position:absolute;margin-left:-30px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-cover:hover .adrie-note"]transition:0.6s all;opacity:1;[/newclass]
[newclass=".top-acc"]-webkit-clip-path:polygon(0 90%,100% 55%,100% 100%,0% 100%);clip-path:polygon(0 90%,100% 50%,100% 100%,0% 100%);background:#581717;height:100px;margin-top:-100px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-img2 img"]shape-outside:circle(50%)!important;float:left;[/newclass]
[newclass=".inner-finally"]padding:20px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
Turned on my friends and brought them pain. I have no right to show I can change. But I gotta try!
awards
4,311 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
POSTED ON Jan 22, 2024 0:11:19 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","isaac2"]

[attr="class","topimage"]

[attr="class","textbox"]The tension in Eris' fingers wouldn't be hers to bear alone, at least. Isaac's hand wrapped around hers, a soft, protective squeeze to remind her that he would always be there.[break][break]

"Wish I knew, sis. But wherever it is, I don't like it one bit." The Megalopians, or at least their frenzied, zombified, kin called this place home. Symbology he'd found on prior visits, pointed to it having been a prior roost of Necrozma's. The Ultra Beasts that gathered here, as he was reminded in an AQUA briefing, were the same ones that flooded Hoenn during a war that stretched between dimensions.[break][break]

There was nothing good to be found in a place like this. Nonetheless, an ominous portal to it had been torn in the fabric of the region.[break][break]

"All I know is that we're not alone here. So I'm gonna need us both to be very, very careful, okay?" The idea of encountering those zombified Megalopians, those rampaging Ultra Beasts, or worse, again sent a chill down Isaac's spine. "I've been to both the tower and the backstreets, so I know a thing or two about what it takes to survive. I'll be our eyes and ears, promise."[break][break]

Carefully, gingerly, he lead Eris onward. If they were careful, they'd find an unprecedented wealth of history and culture amidst the ruins. In another, less terrifying world, Isaac knew Eris would be fascinated. Yet if they weren't . . .[break][break]

No. They would be. Isaac wouldn't let it come down to the alternative.

[attr="class","oocbox"]
TAG [break]
NOTES — notes go here

[newclass=".isaac2"] --color:#c4c067; [/newclass]
[newclass=".isaac2"] margin: 0px auto; background-color: #111; min-height: 500px; width: 450px; margin: 0px auto; padding-top: 20px; padding-bottom:20px; } .isaac2 .textbox a, .isaac2 .textbox i { color:var(--color); } .isaac2 .textbox b { font:bold 13px/10px 'Poppins'; color:var(--color); } .topimage { background-image: url(https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/1058305315642286080/1155427871351906335/image.png); height: 250px; width: 400px; background-size: cover; background-position:50% 20%; margin: 0px auto; } .isaac2 .textbox { line-height: 15px; letter-spacing: .5px; font-size: 12px; font-family: roboto; color: #d6d6d6; margin: 20px auto 0px; text-align: justify; padding-bottom: 20px; background:#1E1E1E; padding:30px 50px; background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom; } .isaac2 .oocbox { border-top: 3px solid #333; padding-top: 10px; width: 260px; margin: 20px auto 0px; text-align:left; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

myriascope

rosie
she / her
October 14
Vermilion City, Kanto
unknown
demolition expert
Civilian
awards
4,725 posts
Eris Halla DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @eris
Eris Halla
POSTED ON Jan 23, 2024 17:33:38 GMT
Eris Halla Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","adrie-b"]
[attr="class","adrie-c"]
[attr="class","top-acc"]
[attr="class","inner-finally"]It must be some kind of sin for him to be her crutch, for her to believe in and rely on him as much as she does. Years ago, she would've navigated a city like this with nothing but bloodied hands and scraped knees. When had she gotten so soft, finding solace in knowing that she isn't alone?[break][break]

When he squeezes her hand, she squeezes back, fingers quietly brushing over hardened knuckles. When he promises to be their eyes and ears, should she feel guilty for refusing to let him do it alone? When he leads the way, is she wrong for letting her eye wander from time to time as her head fills with the thoughts of what this place could have once looked like?[break][break]

Silence is their veil, just barely torn by the flutter of footsteps through abandoned streets. Reiner keeps pace without the slightest hint of trouble, always peering straight at solid walls and only grunting at Isaac to move when he determines there to be nothing lurking around the corners.

KAY OF PIXEL PERFECT[break][break]

[newclass=".adrie-cover"]background:#2B2B2B;border:solid 1px #2B2B2B;width:450px;padding:10px;margin:0 auto;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-ban"]position:relative;z-index:0;background:url(https://i.imgur.com/rd13hMM.jpg);-webkit-clip-path:polygon(50% 0%,100% 0,100% 75%,0 100%,0 0);clip-path:polygon(50% 0%,100% 0,100% 75%,0 100%,0 0);width:450px;height:200px;overflow:hidden;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-lyric1"]font-size:10px;color:#fff;letter-spacing:4px;position:absolute;text-transform:uppercase;font-family:roboto;text-align:right;padding-top:6px;margin-left:12px;text-shadow:1px 1px 0 #555,-1px -1px 0 #555,1px -1px 0 #555,-1px 1px 0 #555,3px 3px 5px #555;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-lyric2"]font-size:10px;color:#fff;letter-spacing:4px;position:absolute;text-transform:uppercase;font-family:roboto;text-align:right;padding-top:6px;margin-left:125px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-b"]width:0;height:276px;overflow:hidden;margin-left:-50px;transform:skew(-20deg);transition:width 1s ease;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-c"]width:590px;height:200px;transform:skew(20deg);margin-left:-78px;background-image:linear-gradient(rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.3), rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.3)), url(https://i.imgur.com/LkangdN.jpg);background-position:114px 0;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-content1"]background-image:url(https://i.imgur.com/vQW3tEE.png);padding-top:40px;margin-top:-50px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-content2"]font-size:10px;line-height:14px;color:#a9a9a9;padding:40px;background:rgba(255,255,255,0);text-align:justify;font-family:arial;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-bg"]background:#f1f1f1;border:solid 1px #2B2B2B;width:150px;margin-top:10px;height:400px;background-attachment:fixed;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-heads"]font-size:10px;text-transform:uppercase;font-family:roboto;letter-spacing:1px;background:#f9f9f9;color:#444;font-weight:900;border:solid 1px #2B2B2B;width:115px;margin-top:20px;font-size:9px;margin-left:5px;padding:10px 0px 10px 20px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-icon"]transition:0.2s all;opacity:0;position:absolute;margin-top:16px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-note"]font-size:8px;text-align:center;font-family:roboto;letter-spacing:3px;padding-top:18px;color:#fff;text-transform:uppercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-note a"]font-size:8px;font-family:roboto;letter-spacing:3px;text-transform:uppercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-solid"]background:#ca3f46;height:20px;margin-top:3px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".bottome-acc"]background:#581717;background-attachment:fixed;height:50px;margin-top:-25px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-img img"]margin-top:-80px;position:relative;position:absolute;margin-left:-30px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-cover:hover .adrie-note"]transition:0.6s all;opacity:1;[/newclass]
[newclass=".top-acc"]-webkit-clip-path:polygon(0 90%,100% 55%,100% 100%,0% 100%);clip-path:polygon(0 90%,100% 50%,100% 100%,0% 100%);background:#581717;height:100px;margin-top:-100px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-img2 img"]shape-outside:circle(50%)!important;float:left;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
Turned on my friends and brought them pain. I have no right to show I can change. But I gotta try!
awards
4,311 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
POSTED ON Jan 24, 2024 14:51:37 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","isaac2"]

[attr="class","textbox"]Even now, her fingers brushed against his knuckles, as if she was the one trying to comfort him. He didn't fight it. By now, Isaac knew being useful was of great importance for Eris, especially when it came to the people she loved.[break][break]

These burdens weren't hers. She deserved so much better than to suffer under their weight. However, if she was hellbent on carrying them, he'd help her however he could. He'd teach her the best way to hold them, shoulder his share of the weight when it was too much to bare, and always be by her side to cheer her on.[break][break]

Some days, it felt every time he tried to be there for her, she ended up supporting him instead. He wondered if she knew how grateful he was.[break][break]

"This place must've been beautiful once." He remembered messing around with abandoned vending machines, he and experiencing tastes that they could barely comprehend. "Not the way we know it. But like nothing we've ever seen before. Crazy, huh?"[break][break]

Reiner would get a better glimpse than anyone. He'd see through the suffocating darkness as if it wasn't even there. He'd see every contour of the Megalopolis' featureless, geometric buildings. He'd see how they stretched towards a sky that had once been burned by the light, now eerily stil.[break][break]

He'd see, far before any of them, the misshapen figures that staggered through the darkness.

[attr="class","oocbox"]
TAG [break]
NOTES — notes go here

[newclass=".isaac2"] margin: 0px auto; background-color: #111; min-height: 500px; width: 450px; margin: 0px auto; padding-top: 20px; padding-bottom:20px; } .isaac2 .textbox a, .isaac2 .textbox i { color:var(--color); } .isaac2 .textbox b { font:bold 13px/10px 'Poppins'; color:var(--color); } .topimage { background-image: url(https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/1058305315642286080/1155427871351906335/image.png); height: 250px; width: 400px; background-size: cover; background-position:50% 20%; margin: 0px auto; } .isaac2 .textbox { line-height: 15px; letter-spacing: .5px; font-size: 12px; font-family: roboto; color: #d6d6d6; margin: 20px auto 0px; text-align: justify; padding-bottom: 20px; background:#1E1E1E; padding:30px 50px; background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom; } .isaac2 .oocbox { border-top: 3px solid #333; padding-top: 10px; width: 260px; margin: 20px auto 0px; text-align:left; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

myriascope

rosie
she / her
October 14
Vermilion City, Kanto
unknown
demolition expert
Civilian
awards
4,725 posts
Eris Halla DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @eris
Eris Halla
POSTED ON Jan 24, 2024 15:20:29 GMT
Eris Halla Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","adrie-b"]
[attr="class","adrie-c"]
[attr="class","top-acc"]
[attr="class","inner-finally"]Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. She isn't sure if she'd call this scenery of dark and foreboding skyscrapers beautiful, even if everything were to be lit. After all, she's never been one to been confined in a city for long, far more at home whilst stuck in a tree with no way of climbing down than if she were to laze around in some comfy cafe.[break][break]

But she gets it. Somehow, she feels like she understands what he gets at, if only through the faintest of experiences. Like how she might have described what Kanto was before it'd been reduced to rubble. Everything had held a charm of its own until the world had deemed change necessary.[break][break]

"What happened to the people?"[break][break]

Oblivious to the distorted shadows that Reiner attempts to guide them away from, she knows that every place must hold its own story. As has proven time and time again, even tragedies can contain great tales that deserve to be recorded and told.

close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
awards
4,311 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
POSTED ON Jan 25, 2024 2:09:10 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","isaac2"]

[attr="class","textbox"]Eris wouldn't need to stray far for her answer. A flickering teal light off in the distance caught Isaac's attention. Occasionally, the shadowy figures that Reiner noticed stumbled into the light, but they rarely lingered for long. If anything, they took one glance over to the light, then made a point of shambling away faster. Their bodies lurched unnaturally from the speed, their upper bodies dangling behind their hips.[break][break]

It wasn't hard for Isaac to see why. It was another carving of Ultra Necrozma laying waste to the city. The one that Isaac had seen inside of the tower was more sophisticated. This one was little more than a scrawled carving, the white, chalky markings of stone hastily dragged along stone.[break][break]

"Necrozma happened." had all but confirmed that suspicion when he'd ambushed Isaac from behind, giving him just enough rope to hang himself with during their first "reunion." What details he hadn't filled in, hazy memories of Galar were more than enough to elaborate on. He knew not the specifics of how this dragon of light related to Necrozma, but the potential of said tie terrified him. "Fed on this plate until there wasn't a drop left. Now the land's plunged in darkness, and the people . . ."[break][break]

More shadowy figures gathered in the shadows. They seemed afraid to even behold the image of the beast that had broken them. Perhaps, from this close, Eris would notice the way they less walked and more limped. Perhaps she would notice the lack of liveliness to their posture, instead hanging limp like sacks of meat. Perhaps she'd even hear the panicked groans escaping from them.[break][break]

"Guess this is the kind of thing Galar was warning us about, huh?"

[attr="class","oocbox"]
TAG [break]
NOTES — notes go here

close tab

played by

myriascope

rosie
she / her
October 14
Vermilion City, Kanto
unknown
demolition expert
Civilian
awards
4,725 posts
Eris Halla DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @eris
Eris Halla
POSTED ON Jan 25, 2024 16:55:34 GMT
Eris Halla Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","adrie-b"]
[attr="class","adrie-c"]
[attr="class","top-acc"]
[attr="class","inner-finally"]Lost in the quagmire of her own anxiety, she just barely manages to notice what Isaac seems to. How strange creature shun the light, how unnaturally they walk... And the stories that they've carved into these crumbling walls.[break][break]

"Necrozma...?"[break][break]

The bringer of the Darkest Day, the one that had ripped far too much from her, taunting her for how her emotions had muddled her mind. Her gaze flits over the engravings, tracing the grooves as she attempts to take in just how deep each cut must be. Etched through countless uneven scratches, she frowns as she looks over the strange draconic figure.[break][break]

It looked nothing like Necrozma, except...[break][break]

"The stars. The prism. And the other... UPrm. U for Ultra? Like an ultra beast?" Were there two Necrozmas? Or were there two versions of it? "What if Necrozma's been taking all this energy because it's trying to recover?"[break][break]

Dynergy from Galar and the Skeleton. Infinity energy from the Tree of Life. She doesn't know if Necrozma feeds off the energy of people, but these shadows that amble around seem to have their life sucked right out of them.[break][break]

"You know, Isaac..." He doesn't linger, and so she follows. "Back when I looked into the future, I saw Necrozma killing Yveltal." Though their pace is quick as they move away, the mindless wails don't really seem to get any softer.[break][break]

"But the thing is, the Necrozma I saw was nowhere near as big as the one that got revived by the Tree of Life."

close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
awards
4,311 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
POSTED ON Feb 2, 2024 14:59:34 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","isaac2"]

[attr="class","textbox"]"Ultra." Isaac looked around. A colony embedded in Ultra Space. An echo of the Ultra Megalopolis they called home. The Ultra Wilds that teased at the fringes of their reality. The very Ultra Beasts who dwelled here.[break][break]

"Prism." Necrozma's black, crystalline body, from which no light escaped unless it chose to allow it. The way it hungrily consumed the light that Eternatus radiated, drinking deeply and greedily with each ray it clawed out. The way this ruin, visited by the Necrozma written in the stars, had barely a shred of light left.[break][break]

"So you're telling me the Necrozma that could've destroyed Hoenn isn't even complete." A broken shell. A series of fragments contorted into a broken, yet functional, form. A mere shadow of the great light that burned the sky, just as this Megalopolis was of the Megalopians' true home.[break][break]

Would it consume next? Or was he safe, for he was already a shadow of a man?[break][break]

Perhaps the answer was even stranger than that. Eris mentioned a Necrozma, far smaller than the one that descended on the Darkest Day, killing Yveltal. Briefly, Isaac remembered Zev chasing him through the halls of the Megalopolis' tower. He wore those crystals all too naturally, as if by now they were a second layer of skin.[break][break]

There had to be another explanation. Dynergy, maybe. Pokemon But Big was a topic that was all the rage lately. Eternatus seemed tied to it, and Eternatus seemed tied to Necrozma. Nonetheless, Isaac knew if anyone could kill a god with naught but his bare hands, it was Zev.[break][break]

"Do you know when it happened?" He had to know how much time they had.

[attr="class","oocbox"]
TAG [break]
NOTES — notes go here

close tab

played by

myriascope

rosie
she / her
October 14
Vermilion City, Kanto
unknown
demolition expert
Civilian
awards
4,725 posts
Eris Halla DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @eris
Eris Halla
POSTED ON Feb 3, 2024 1:29:53 GMT
Eris Halla Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","adrie-b"]
[attr="class","adrie-c"]
[attr="class","top-acc"]
[attr="class","inner-finally"]"I don't know whether it's incomplete or there's supposed to be more of them but-"[break][break]

He hears what she's saying, but at the same time he doesn't. After all, he hadn't been there.[break][break]

Those who were had all been swept up in bigger things.[break][break]

"It's already happened. The future I saw was a smaller Necrozma killing Yveltal in front of the Tree of Life. What we saw was a giant one, that took the whole tree." She takes a breath, pausing to look around for a brief moment before following Reiner as he continues onwards. This time, he pushes his way into a building, pacing for a bit before cocking his head towards the stairs.[break][break]

"There was a possibility that we could have had a different future. One where Necrozma would've killed Yveltal, but been much smaller. Less of a threat, maybe. But whatever our region did, what we did, it gave rise to that big Necrozma that hurt everyone."

close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
awards
4,311 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
POSTED ON Feb 5, 2024 15:52:46 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","isaac2"]

[attr="class","textbox"]Oh. These were days of future past.[break][break]

On one hand, the idea of devolving (ascending?) into a second Necrozma could be safely dismissed as a hypothetical. On the other hand, there was something disconcerting about knowing the future could change so much, so quickly, so disastrously. What the hell had they done?[break][break]

Isaac turned the thought over in his head. He was almost surprised to feel a grin spreading across his face.[break][break]

"So you're telling me the future, even one close enough to reach out and touch, can change." No fate was set in stone. That was a creed Isaac had always believed, defiance in the face of the malaise that once consumed his life. "Holy crap. It can change!"[break][break]

Somewhere in a Cheesecake Factory, a plate of quantum spaghetti crashed down to the floor. "If that can change, who's to say we can't change the Origin Point, too? The Triad? Cause, realtalk, I've already seen them be wrong before. If they can be wrong, and the future can be wrong, maybe we've got a chance after all!"[break][break]

"We just gotta figure out how to make it happen." That part may've been easier said than done.

[attr="class","oocbox"]
TAG [break]
NOTES — notes go here

close tab

played by

myriascope

rosie
she / her
October 14
Vermilion City, Kanto
unknown
demolition expert
Civilian
awards
4,725 posts
Eris Halla DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @eris
Eris Halla
POSTED ON Feb 5, 2024 20:58:09 GMT
Eris Halla Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","adrie-b"]
[attr="class","adrie-c"]
[attr="class","top-acc"]
[attr="class","inner-finally"]"No, Isaac..." The smile that he gives off in this situation pains her so. "You don't get it. Changes can be good or bad."[break][break]

The way he has so much hope, that she feels that she has to let him down slowly.[break][break]

"It's because it can change that we have become the origin point. It's that we deviate so wildly from the expectations of a universe that we are the origin point."[break][break]

You know exactly what you're doing.
[break][break]

"There's no way that other universes were out there fighting Kyurem like we were. They probably don't even have weird prophecies of their demise like we do. It's because we keep fighting the future that they tell us will happen. We change outcomes where we die and we're so far gone -."[break][break]

It's a catastrophe that sits in the palm of their hands.[break][break]

"Isaac, we could be killing other worlds just because we want to live."

close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
awards
4,311 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
POSTED ON Feb 7, 2024 1:45:28 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","isaac2"]

[attr="class","textbox"]"And who's the one telling us that? The guys setting those expectations in the first place?"[break][break]

To the Triad, Hoenn was a deviant universe that deserved nothing short of destruction. Was that because their world posed a genuine threat? Or was it just because it had slipped out of the rails they wanted it to run along? It could've been a little of column A, a little of column B. Except, could it have? The more Isaac thought about it, the less they added up.[break][break]

"I trust the Triad as far as I can throw 'em. They show up, explain nothing, and just use all that power and authority to lord themselves over us. Dr. Holo herself told me how many times she killed other mes, for crying out loud. And Father Winter? C'mon, every time the guy shows up he's got a new sick game he's playing."[break][break]

Of course. It wasn't just them, was it? It could've been so easy to say they were the origin point and cull them. Instead, the Triad seemed to go from universe to universe, cutting whatever poppies dared to grow too tall. If the "great multiversal threat" posed by this Hoenn was so great, they had both Palkia and Dialga under their bondage at some point. They could have handled the issue in a million and one other ways, and instead they chose slaughter and cheap tricks. Something about this mess smelled rotten.[break][break]

"They're the ones killing other worlds. Or at least, beating those worlds until they fall in line. Maybe 'cause they think it's the only way, or maybe because they've got some screwed-up other reasons for it. But I'll be damned if I'm just gonna let them walk all over our world. Our home."[break][break]

"And if it really is our world or theirs? Then I'm gonna fight Arceus itself if that's what it takes to make sure everyone's okay."

[attr="class","oocbox"]
TAG [break]
NOTES — notes go here

close tab

played by

myriascope

rosie
she / her
October 14
Vermilion City, Kanto
unknown
demolition expert
Civilian
awards
4,725 posts
Eris Halla DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @eris
Eris Halla
POSTED ON Feb 8, 2024 1:19:07 GMT
Eris Halla Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","adrie-b"]
[attr="class","adrie-c"]
[attr="class","top-acc"]
[attr="class","inner-finally"]"But what if they're right?" There in the space of conversation he gouges with his words, her silent voice feels so fragile.[break][break]

So trusting.[break][break]

"And you've heard them, there's more than one Arceus. Are you going to fight every one of them?"[break][break]

Here in this dark lobby, with furniture overturned and reception desk left in shambles, her gaze grows hazy for a second before she closes her eyes and looks away.[break][break]

"We've... been fighting in this region for a while that we tend to forget how it can also affect other regions. Galar suffered because we didn't deal with Necrozma properly."[break][break]

And all she could focus on in the moment was how to protect the shell of a man it inhabited.[break][break]

"Do you really think it's a good idea to fight a god that created the world?"

close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
awards
4,311 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
POSTED ON Feb 8, 2024 15:05:24 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","isaac2"]

[attr="class","textbox"]"If they're wrong, I'm gonna whoop their sorry butts for scaring us half to death. If they're right, I'm gonna whoop their sorry butts for being a bunch of cryptic jerks instead of actually helping with this whole mess. Simple, right?"[break][break]

Right now, the Dark Triad were Eris' boogiemen. Isaac was about to climb under her bed and take those boogiemen to Wrestlemania.[break][break]

A part of him knew there was no chance it was all this simple. The rest of him didn't give a shit. Like hell was he going to let the home he loved, the people he loved, become martyrs on a universal scale. And for what? So some self important pricks could diagnose the next one down the line with the same fate?[break][break]

Yet Eris was right. War hurt people, no matter how it was fought. How much pain would an infinite war against an infinite number of gods cause? She couldn't even look at him as she tried to process the infinite with a heart too big and a head too small. She was a lot like him in that regard.[break][break]

"You're right. People get hurt when fighting. Sometimes, people that didn't even ask to be part of it. But more people get hurt when you don't step up to protect them." The weariness in Isaac's words made it clear that it was a dilemma he'd faced time and time again. "If every world really is in danger, I'm gonna fight. Not just for us, but for them. Everyone who deserves better than being some piece in whatever sick game the Triad's playing."[break][break]

"If that means I gotta have a real bad idea, then bring it on."

[attr="class","oocbox"]
TAG [break]
NOTES — notes go here

WRITE REPLY

QUICK REPLY

it's a long life full of long nights