december 27th
near santalune, kalos
biro grey-ace
ranger
cadet
single
6'1'' height
6'1'' height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
244 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lutgarde
Lutgarde Dijkstra
[vct] noah vs lutgarde
POSTED ON Jan 14, 2024 21:42:37 GMT
Lutgarde Dijkstra Avatar
Lutgarde and Sylv have a quick lunch after the first round of battles, but they're ready for more! They walk up on the battlefield once more, and it doesn't take long for a battle partner to show up. The black-red dyed Sylveon greets the others with a friendly coo, which is accompanied by Lutgarde's grin.

"Hi there! I'm Lutgarde, and this is my partner Sylv." Sylv's ribbon slowly detaches itself from its usual spot around Lutgarde's wrist, and he steps forward onto the battlefield fully.

"Ready for the battle?"

close tab

played by

shiv

the machampion
he/him
July 17
Kanto
pansexual
gym leader
gym leader
kyle lopez
married
5'7" height
5'7" height
awards
1,529 posts
noah faber DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @noah
noah faber
[vct] noah vs lutgarde
POSTED ON Jan 15, 2024 3:58:26 GMT
noah faber Avatar
[attr="class","noahf"]
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","icon"]
like fireworks, battles roar colorfully above lilycove's streets. yet, noah finds himself greeting the gothic palettes of lutgarde and their sylveon.[break][break]

the gym leader is quick to notice the impressive dye job as his toxicroak fights the urge to drip its own venomous ink.[break][break]

"hey! noah here. my 'croak's name is kama." the gym leader says, tossing a tera orb up and down. "sick dye. sick dress. i appreciate good drip, but that doesn't mean i'm gonna go easy on ya!"[break][break]

his toxicroak assumes position, its sac flaring in anticipation.

[break][break]

[attr="class","bottom"][break]

3/3 HP
Terastal Pokémon receive a +15 modifier on every roll that's an even number.

TL;DR - intro post

[newclass=".noahf"]--accent:#5d8bd5; position:relative; z-index:1; overflow:hidden; [/newclass]

[newclass=".noahf blockquote"]width:370px; height:auto; background-color: #292929; text-align: justify; margin-left: auto; margin-right: auto; padding: 35px; padding-bottom: 40px; padding-top: 25px; border-left: 5px #252525 solid; border-right: 5px #252525 solid;border-top: 5px #252525 solid; line-height: 15.5px; letter-spacing: .7px; font-size:12px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".noahf .icon"]background-image:url(https://file.garden/ZXZrnWMYuz15frfJ/SETT%20ICONS/setticon7.png); height:100px; width:100px; margin:-70px 29px 19px 10px; float:left; border-radius:20px; border:6px var(--accent) solid; outline:10px #252525 solid;[/newclass]

[newclass=".noahf blockquote b, .nina blockquote i"]color:var(--accent); } .noahf blockquote b { font-size:14px!important } .widecurve blockquote u { font-style:italic; color:var(--accent); text-decoration:underline dotted; border-bottom:none; letter-spacing:1px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".noahf .top"]background-color:var(--accent); background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-size: cover; width: 430px; height: 68px; text-align: center; margin-left:auto; margin-right: auto; margin-bottom: -50px; padding: 10px 10px 10px 0px; border-radius: 25px 25px 0px 0px; border: 5px #252525 solid;[/newclass]

[newclass=".noahf .bottom"]background-color:#222222; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-size: cover; width: 420px; height: auto; text-align: center; margin-left: auto; margin-right: auto; margin-top:-60px; padding: 10px 10px 10px; border-radius: 0px 0px 25px 25px; border: 5px #252525 solid;[/newclass]

[newclass=".noahf .bottom a"]font:bold 15px 'Poppins';[/newclass]

[nospaces][newclass="credit"]FREE TO USE! coded by mad, partial credit to milky for text styling <3[/newclass]
ISz63Ft0
close tab

played by

ema

sporty pathfinder
they/them
twenty-four
december 27th
near santalune, kalos
biro grey-ace
ranger
cadet
single
6'1'' height
6'1'' height
awards
244 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lutgarde
Lutgarde Dijkstra
[vct] noah vs lutgarde
POSTED ON Jan 15, 2024 13:12:58 GMT
Lutgarde Dijkstra Avatar
There's just the vaguest flinch upon facing a poison type from Sylv - he follows Lutgarde anywhere, even if he really could do without the sewers. He's gotten used to it, though ... mostly. At the compliment, though, Lutgarde grins and gives a little courtsy - which is about the most "lady-like" they usually ever get.

"Thanks, it took reaaally long," they laugh, "We wouldn't want it any other way. Let's see what you've got!" They grin, challengingly, as Sylv takes a battle stance, too, with both pairs of eyes fixed on the strange ball in Noah's hands. Nothing they've seen before ... that seems like it'd be fun.

"Quick Attack!" Sylv moves immediately, leaping into action and racing across the field to get the first hit in.

HP: 3/3
CuN1EMz8+30 (gimmickless 100)
close tab

played by

shiv

the machampion
he/him
July 17
Kanto
pansexual
gym leader
gym leader
kyle lopez
married
5'7" height
5'7" height
awards
1,529 posts
noah faber DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @noah
noah faber
[vct] noah vs lutgarde
POSTED ON Jan 18, 2024 22:06:17 GMT
noah faber Avatar
[attr="class","noahf"]
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","icon"]
the QUICK ATTACK, as expected, lands with stunning speed. noah's toxicroak is unable to react in time, its sac ballooning in shock as it stumbles backwards.[break][break]

"your sylveon's ribbons didn't even slow it down." noah raises his tera orb. streams of crystal light swirl from their surroundings, collecting within its tamarind capsule. "i gotta bring my a-game then!"[break][break]

he tosses the orb toward his toxicroak. with a stunning shimmer, the pokemon crystallizes. a DARK TERA TYPE crown graces its head as it hisses with resplendence.[break][break]

"i know dark's weak to fairy," noah says, "but i want you to limit test me, alright? don't let me down lutgarde!"[break][break]

his toxicroak chases after the sylveon, clawed hands thrust forth for a POISON JAB.

[break][break]

i1mQflce 3/3 HP (113)
TL;DR - hit by quick attack / terastallizes into drk / uses poison jab

[newclass=".noahf"]--accent:#5d8bd5; position:relative; z-index:1; overflow:hidden; [/newclass]

[newclass=".noahf blockquote"]width:370px; height:auto; background-color: #292929; text-align: justify; margin-left: auto; margin-right: auto; padding: 35px; padding-bottom: 40px; padding-top: 25px; border-left: 5px #252525 solid; border-right: 5px #252525 solid;border-top: 5px #252525 solid; line-height: 15.5px; letter-spacing: .7px; font-size:12px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".noahf .icon"]background-image:url(https://file.garden/ZXZrnWMYuz15frfJ/SETT%20ICONS/setticon7.png); height:100px; width:100px; margin:-70px 29px 19px 10px; float:left; border-radius:20px; border:6px var(--accent) solid; outline:10px #252525 solid;[/newclass]

[newclass=".noahf blockquote b, .nina blockquote i"]color:var(--accent); } .noahf blockquote b { font-size:14px!important } .widecurve blockquote u { font-style:italic; color:var(--accent); text-decoration:underline dotted; border-bottom:none; letter-spacing:1px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".noahf .top"]background-color:var(--accent); background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-size: cover; width: 430px; height: 68px; text-align: center; margin-left:auto; margin-right: auto; margin-bottom: -50px; padding: 10px 10px 10px 0px; border-radius: 25px 25px 0px 0px; border: 5px #252525 solid;[/newclass]

[newclass=".noahf .bottom"]background-color:#222222; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-size: cover; width: 420px; height: auto; text-align: center; margin-left: auto; margin-right: auto; margin-top:-60px; padding: 10px 10px 10px; border-radius: 0px 0px 25px 25px; border: 5px #252525 solid;[/newclass]

[nospaces][newclass="credit"]FREE TO USE! coded by mad, partial credit to milky for text styling <3[/newclass]
close tab

played by

ema

sporty pathfinder
they/them
twenty-four
december 27th
near santalune, kalos
biro grey-ace
ranger
cadet
single
6'1'' height
6'1'' height
awards
244 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lutgarde
Lutgarde Dijkstra
[vct] noah vs lutgarde
POSTED ON Jan 19, 2024 22:19:33 GMT
Lutgarde Dijkstra Avatar
"Can't have them get in the way when you're out and about," Lutgarde replies, pride audible in their voice as they exchange a glance with Sylv. However, Noah now takes out a really interesting gimmick - in an almost even more interesting way.

"I've never seen that before, but that crown's pretty cool," they say, fascinated upon seeing the crystalline crown. "Excited to see this in action," they grin, and give a nod towards Sylv who steadies his stance even more. Interestingly enough, it seems that he's grown a bit less weary ... but he doesn't let his guard down. "Wouldn't dream of giving anything less than everything!"

As soon as Lutgarde finishes speaking, Sylv launches into yet another Quick Attack, aiming to get past the Toxicroak, before making a quick turn to strike with a Draining Kiss!

HP: 3/3
_DJFNWXc
close tab

played by

shiv

the machampion
he/him
July 17
Kanto
pansexual
gym leader
gym leader
kyle lopez
married
5'7" height
5'7" height
awards
1,529 posts
noah faber DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @noah
noah faber
[vct] noah vs lutgarde
POSTED ON Jan 20, 2024 23:31:04 GMT
noah faber Avatar
[attr="class","noahf"]
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","icon"]
the toxicroak attempts to parry the QUICK ATTACK, but the maneuver's purpose of repositioning serves to deceive noah's pokemon as well. [break][break]

noah sucks in breath, eyes wide in recognition of the tactic. he too, plays with that very stratagem.[break][break]

"look out!"[break][break]

the DRAINING KISS graces his toxicroak with no romanticism—just pain.[break][break]

as the toxicroak's crystalline carapace glimmers from the impact, a torrent of mud (MUD BOMB) spews from the frog's throat toward the sylveon—and the arena around it.[break][break]

"hey, you and your pokemon aren't half-bad!"

[break][break]

nGe_pObF (+15 | 97) 3/3 HP
TL;DR - hit by draining kiss / uses mud bomb!

close tab

played by

ema

sporty pathfinder
they/them
twenty-four
december 27th
near santalune, kalos
biro grey-ace
ranger
cadet
single
6'1'' height
6'1'' height
awards
244 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lutgarde
Lutgarde Dijkstra
[vct] noah vs lutgarde
POSTED ON Jan 21, 2024 22:13:15 GMT
Lutgarde Dijkstra Avatar
"Same goes to you," Lutgarde grins with pride at the successful attack, but they couldn't let their guard down - immediately after, Kama's throwing a barrage of Mud Bombs, aimed at Sylv and also the ground below. Sylv is hit, but can jump farther away before he'd be fully surrounded by mud.

"Light Screen ... over the floor!" Lutgarde shouts out, and Sylv would take the rest. Using one Light Screen as a stepping stone and launch pad for a Quick Attack, the Sylveon would hopefully be able to cover the distance as speedy as usual!

HP: 2/3
bcsbK67u
close tab

played by

shiv

the machampion
he/him
July 17
Kanto
pansexual
gym leader
gym leader
kyle lopez
married
5'7" height
5'7" height
awards
1,529 posts
noah faber DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @noah
noah faber
[vct] noah vs lutgarde
POSTED ON Jan 24, 2024 4:55:41 GMT
noah faber Avatar
[attr="class","noahf"]
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","icon"]
the LIGHT SCREEN glimmers above the quagmire: a radiant red carpet for the swiftest sylveon.[break][break]

"smart!" noah says. "match it with a CLOSE COMBAT!"[break][break]

a breath. a ballooning of the sac. it attempts to time its flurry of claws with the sylveon's impact.

[break][break]

9|TuivcJ 3/3 HP
TL;DR - attempts to match quick attack with close combat in time

close tab

played by

ema

sporty pathfinder
they/them
twenty-four
december 27th
near santalune, kalos
biro grey-ace
ranger
cadet
single
6'1'' height
6'1'' height
awards
244 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lutgarde
Lutgarde Dijkstra
[vct] noah vs lutgarde
POSTED ON Jan 24, 2024 16:45:38 GMT
Lutgarde Dijkstra Avatar
"Thanks," Lutgarde replies, before frowning slightly. Sylv's attack is quick, but not forceful enough to overpower the Close Combat move from his opponent. After taking the hits, Sylv is sent flying where he came from, but he manages to land on his paws - and just past the mud. "Ouch."

Sylv squints at the mud for only one second, before throwing his head high and singing with a clear and Disarming Voice - now going for ranged rather than melee!

HP: 1/3
CTAl03lz
close tab

played by

shiv

the machampion
he/him
July 17
Kanto
pansexual
gym leader
gym leader
kyle lopez
married
5'7" height
5'7" height
awards
1,529 posts
noah faber DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @noah
noah faber
[vct] noah vs lutgarde
POSTED ON Jan 25, 2024 23:30:52 GMT
noah faber Avatar
[attr="class","noahf"]
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","icon"]
lutgarde and her sylveon of keen mind. noah can see it, perceive it. through the swiftness of their decisions in midst the frenzy of battle, the gym leader recognizes talent packaged in the most fanciful of ribbons.[break][break]

the DISARMING VOICE strikes his toxicroak sonically, sweetly. it ribbits in retaliation before rushing for the sylveon once more.[break][break]

though the eeveelution may resist it, noah commands his toxicroak to close the gap with PURSUIT.[break][break]

"how long can you run!"

[break][break]

was a 15 ! 2/3 HP
TL;DR - hit by draining kiss / tries to close gap with pursuit

close tab

played by

ema

sporty pathfinder
they/them
twenty-four
december 27th
near santalune, kalos
biro grey-ace
ranger
cadet
single
6'1'' height
6'1'' height
awards
244 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lutgarde
Lutgarde Dijkstra
[vct] noah vs lutgarde
POSTED ON Jan 26, 2024 11:51:56 GMT
Lutgarde Dijkstra Avatar
"For some longer!" Lutgarde boldly claims, just right before Sylv's tail is hit with the Pursuit - oops, maybe that was a bit too early. However, Sylv indeed knows how to run, and breaks free before more damage could be done, sprinting with a Quick Attack to gain more and more speed. Provoked by the question, he makes a sharp turn, and then makes a run to hit Kama with the Quick Attack frontally!

HP: 1/3
vQh8QFLk
close tab

played by

shiv

the machampion
he/him
July 17
Kanto
pansexual
gym leader
gym leader
kyle lopez
married
5'7" height
5'7" height
awards
1,529 posts
noah faber DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @noah
noah faber
[vct] noah vs lutgarde
POSTED ON Jan 27, 2024 2:42:09 GMT
noah faber Avatar
[attr="class","noahf"]
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","icon"]
the PURSUIT manages to nick the sylveon's tail—but the battle's torch refuses to snuff.[break][break]

"so fast, geez." noah says, wiping his brow with his forearm.[break][break]

his toxicroak ribbits. its eyes struggle to track the sylveon as it darts about, amassing speed.[break][break]

the QUICK ATTACK lands.[break][break]

a harsh croak is forced from the toxicroak's throat as it flies back. through wincing eyes, the frog attempts to land a POISON JAB before it soars too far.

[break][break]

le8E_Atm (+15 if even) 2/3 HP
TL;DR - hit by quick attack; tries to use poison jab as it is struck away

close tab

played by

ema

sporty pathfinder
they/them
twenty-four
december 27th
near santalune, kalos
biro grey-ace
ranger
cadet
single
6'1'' height
6'1'' height
awards
244 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lutgarde
Lutgarde Dijkstra
[vct] noah vs lutgarde
POSTED ON Jan 27, 2024 9:07:20 GMT
Lutgarde Dijkstra Avatar
Sylv is caught by Kama right in this moment where you're changing gears - that moment of zero gravity when jumping high, but here, more deadly: a moment of zero motion as he prepares to jump away, and fails. He succumbs to poison another time today, and stumbles after the Poison Jab. Lutgarde sees the HP counter on the display drop to 0, and they call their Sylveon back before it could actually fall.

"But not fast enough," they comment, perhaps a bit fashionably late, and carefully walk over to Noah to shake hands. "Congratulations, those were some impressive moves! Good match!"

LOSS
close tab

played by

shiv

the machampion
he/him
July 17
Kanto
pansexual
gym leader
gym leader
kyle lopez
married
5'7" height
5'7" height
awards
1,529 posts
noah faber DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @noah
noah faber
[vct] noah vs lutgarde
POSTED ON Jan 28, 2024 18:58:36 GMT
noah faber Avatar
[attr="class","noahf"]
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","icon"]
the vital gear switches off. only by the heavy sound of his exhales, does noah realize he's panting. the adrenaline continues to pump in his ears even after the sylveon is recalled.[break][break]

"that was a workout." noah says with a laugh. he meets lutgarde half-way and shakes her hand, the unused dynamax band bristling against her skin. "you're a force to be reckoned with. seriously. visit me in verdanturf if you ever wanna rematch? door's open for you."

[break][break]

TL;DR - shakes lutgarde's hand ; noah win ; ty for the thread ema!! <3

[nospaces][newclass="credit"]FREE TO USE! coded by mad, partial credit to milky for text styling <3[/newclass]cd4EfaRU
close tab

played by

a toddler

little toot toot
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
mod
googoo gaga
spiral is my big poppa pump (positive)
600 foot tall baby height
600 foot tall baby height
sleeping in mod reqs
awards
2,374 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mod
spiral and shiv's baby
[vct] noah vs lutgarde
POSTED ON Jan 30, 2024 2:03:29 GMT
spiral and shiv's baby Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]VCT COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: