snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
you caged me and then you called me crazy; i am what i am 'cause you trained me.
awards
4,114 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
restraint
POSTED ON Jan 15, 2024 2:58:28 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illeana"]
[attr="class","illeana b"]
[attr="class","illeana i"]over the span of a few days, reports of a new threat slowly trickle in... though by no means world ending like she's used to, it still requires an urgency laid into her response.

and she finds herself back with in the heart of meteor falls, trailing slightly behind him with her golurk - unsurprisingly - by her side.

"are you sure we're heading the right way?"

everything looks the same here to her: no distinguishing marks, the same rocks around every corner... and she can't quite shake the feeling that they're just going in circles. he's supposed to be more than familiar with this place, though, so she places a sort of blind faith in him to lead.

"how far are we into meteor falls now?"

it feels like they've been walking for ages...

the years beasts.

[newclass=.illeana] text-align: justify; text-transform: lowercase; font-size: 12px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.illeana b] color: #E37474; font-size: 13px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.illeana i] text-decoration: underline dotted #E37474; font-size: 13px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Teal

Roy
He/Him
twenty-six
May 02
Rustboro City, Hoenn
Heterosexual
Trainer
Civilian
Single
6'01" height
6'01" height
get out of my way
awards
309 posts
Roy Aker DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @roy
Roy Aker
restraint
POSTED ON Jan 15, 2024 22:02:06 GMT
Roy Aker Avatar
[attr="class","postruinsbg"]

[attr="class","postruinstxt"]

[attr="class","postruinsicon"]
There he was, again, with the same girl as before. It was becoming a tradition at this point. Something always came up that put the two in the same exact spot. They always needed each other for something. It was as if fate willed their reunion.

"I told you before; I know this place like the back of my hand." He spoke with confidence, sliding his hand over a nearby wall covered in rock. "You don't even need that guy." Roy motioned to the giant golem that accompanied the scientist into the cave.

The pair was after a particular dragon that had been causing trouble for the locals, or at least that's what the locals claimed. The description from the citizens of Rustboro fit one specific dragon that Roy was introduced to in his youth, but this specific dragon wasn't known to cause trouble. It was a protector, so it would only pick fights with those that endangered its pack or its home.

[attr="class","postruinspkmn"]

[newclass=.postruinsbg]background:url('https://i.imgur.com/2BdJS3Z.png'); width: 715px; height: 436px; clip-path: polygon(0 0, 680px 0, 680px 105px, 100% 105px, 100% 100%, 0 100%); position:absolute; margin-top:-30px; margin-left:-30px; pointer-events: none;[/newclass]
[newclass=.postruinstxt]margin:-40px 85px -40px 115px; position: relative; z-index: 2; padding: 30px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.postruinstxt b]text-decoration: none; font-weight: bold; color: #d5a03a;[/newclass]
[newclass=.postruinsicon]background:url("https://sig.grumpybumpers.com/host/royaker.gif"); width: 120px; height: 120px; margin: 2px 18px 7px 1px; border: 1px solid #aaa; border-radius:3px; overflow: hidden; float: left; background-color: #303030; background-size: contain;[/newclass]

[newclass=.postruinstxt blockquote]border:1px solid #aaa; background:transparent; margin: 0px; padding: 10px; font-size: 10px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.postruinstxt blockquote b]color:#aaa;[/newclass]
[newclass=.postruinstxt .vdice-box]background: transparent; border: 1px solid #aaa; border-radius:3px; margin-bottom:-12px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.postruinstxt .vdice-value]border:none;[/newclass]
[newclass=.postruinsdice]font:800 20px Poppins; line-height:80px; text-align:center;[/newclass]

[newclass=.postruinnote]border-width: 6px 6px 6px 6px;border-style:solid;border-radius:10%;border-image: url('https://i.imgur.com/IxR9pR1.png') 6 6 6 6 repeat repeat;padding:6px 8px;background:#aaa;color:#232323;text-align:justify;font:11px Calibri;letter-spacing:1px;[/newclass]

[newclass=.postruinstxt .audiojs]background: transparent; color:#aaa; border:1px solid #aaa; margin-bottom:-12px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.postruinstxt .audiojs .progress]background: #aaa;[/newclass]

[newclass=.postruinspkmn]width:365px; display:flex; justify-content:center; align-items:center; margin-bottom: 20px; margin-left:145px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.postruinspkmn img]opacity:0.8;filter: grayscale(100%); transition-timing-function: ease-in-out; transition-duration: 0.5s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.postruinspkmn img:hover]opacity:0.8;filter: grayscale(0%); transition-timing-function: ease-in-out; transition-duration: 0.5s;[/newclass]

[newclass=.postruinsart]text-align:center; margin-bottom:-12px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.postruinsart img]height:100px; width: 363px; object-fit:cover; border:1px solid #aaa; border-radius:5px; position:relative; z-index:1; filter:grayscale(100%);[/newclass]
[newclass=.postruinsartdrk]height:100px; width: 363px; border-radius:5px; background:#303030; margin-left:1px; margin-top:-104px; position:relative; z-index:2; mix-blend-mode: lighten;[/newclass]
[newclass=.postruinsartlght]height:100px; width: 363px; border-radius:5px; background:#aaa; margin-left:1px; margin-top:-100px; position:relative; z-index:2; mix-blend-mode: darken;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
you caged me and then you called me crazy; i am what i am 'cause you trained me.
awards
4,114 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
restraint
POSTED ON Jan 16, 2024 4:53:08 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illeana"]
[attr="class","illeana i"]she trusts him, sure - enough to place her safety in his hands here - but she can't shake this lost feeling.

it persists even as he boasts with confidence, as he runs a hand over rocky walls.

"okay."

she won't argue. after all, they need each other in a way, don't they? isn't that why this keeps happening?

he gestures to her golurk and for a moment, she stares at the guardian. its presence, alone, is enough for her to feel comfortable. while roy has been nice in an abrasive sort of way, she still doesn't know him... not in a way that speaks of a certain level of security her golurk provides.

"better safe than sorry."

she'll be prepared regardless of what they face, regardless of the dragon's nature. and yet, she turns to him with a mild curious look, head tilting slightly as she studies him.

"you said before you know this dragon, right?"

a pause, a consideration...

"can you tell me anything about it?"

the years beasts.

[newclass=.illeana] text-align: justify; text-transform: lowercase; font-size: 12px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.illeana i] text-decoration: underline dotted #E37474; font-size: 13px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Teal

Roy
He/Him
twenty-six
May 02
Rustboro City, Hoenn
Heterosexual
Trainer
Civilian
Single
6'01" height
6'01" height
get out of my way
awards
309 posts
Roy Aker DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @roy
Roy Aker
restraint
POSTED ON Feb 2, 2024 16:30:54 GMT
Roy Aker Avatar

"He's the protector of Meteor Falls." He pauses, absorbing the scenery of the cave for just a moment. "Granny took a stab at him a few years ago. It didn't really work out."

This was his way of navigating the location. Although there were some dark places, the meteor sediment in the cavern walls allowed the boulders to reflect some light from the surface instead of absorbing it all. This made it easy to explore this portion of the dragon's lair.

Separating himself from the girl and her golem, he sprints towards a short stone wall in front of them. This momentum allows him to immediately ascend with just his hands and his feet. Once he's at the top, his pace is stopped. In spite of the scientist's giant golem, the explorer lowers his hand to assist.

"They ended up making some sort of pact. I think they were both old enough to understand each other on some kind of level."

[newclass=.postruinsbg]background:url('https://i.imgur.com/2BdJS3Z.png'); width: 715px; height: 436px; clip-path: polygon(0 0, 680px 0, 680px 105px, 100% 105px, 100% 100%, 0 100%); position:absolute; margin-top:-30px; margin-left:-30px; pointer-events: none;[/newclass]
[newclass=.postruinstxt]margin:-40px 85px -40px 115px; position: relative; z-index: 2; padding: 30px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.postruinstxt b]text-decoration: none; font-weight: bold; color: #d5a03a;[/newclass]
[newclass=.postruinsicon]background:url("https://sig.grumpybumpers.com/host/royaker.gif"); width: 120px; height: 120px; margin: 2px 18px 7px 1px; border: 1px solid #aaa; border-radius:3px; overflow: hidden; float: left; background-color: #303030; background-size: contain;[/newclass]

[newclass=.postruinstxt blockquote]border:1px solid #aaa; background:transparent; margin: 0px; padding: 10px; font-size: 10px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.postruinstxt .vdice-box]background: transparent; border: 1px solid #aaa; border-radius:3px; margin-bottom:-12px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.postruinsdice]font:800 20px Poppins; line-height:80px; text-align:center;[/newclass]

[newclass=.postruinnote]border-width: 6px 6px 6px 6px;border-style:solid;border-radius:10%;border-image: url('https://i.imgur.com/IxR9pR1.png') 6 6 6 6 repeat repeat;padding:6px 8px;background:#aaa;color:#232323;text-align:justify;font:11px Calibri;letter-spacing:1px;[/newclass]

[newclass=.postruinstxt .audiojs]background: transparent; color:#aaa; border:1px solid #aaa; margin-bottom:-12px;[/newclass]

[newclass=.postruinspkmn]width:365px; display:flex; justify-content:center; align-items:center; margin-bottom: 20px; margin-left:145px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.postruinspkmn img]opacity:0.8;filter: grayscale(100%); transition-timing-function: ease-in-out; transition-duration: 0.5s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.postruinspkmn img:hover]opacity:0.8;filter: grayscale(0%); transition-timing-function: ease-in-out; transition-duration: 0.5s;[/newclass]

[newclass=.postruinsart img]height:100px; width: 363px; object-fit:cover; border:1px solid #aaa; border-radius:5px; position:relative; z-index:1; filter:grayscale(100%);[/newclass]
[newclass=.postruinsartdrk]height:100px; width: 363px; border-radius:5px; background:#303030; margin-left:1px; margin-top:-104px; position:relative; z-index:2; mix-blend-mode: lighten;[/newclass]
[newclass=.postruinsartlght]height:100px; width: 363px; border-radius:5px; background:#aaa; margin-left:1px; margin-top:-100px; position:relative; z-index:2; mix-blend-mode: darken;[/newclass]

close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,114 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
restraint
POSTED ON Feb 7, 2024 1:24:38 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illeana"]
[attr="class","illeana i"]"like... an actual stab?"

she blinks, a little owlish, as surprise settles firmly into her facial features. kind of badass, really, but stabbing a dragon? she had never even considered such a thing could pop into the mind.

and as her eyes follow his movements, he launches himself up onto the half-wall of stone with the sureness of someone who knows this place like the back of their hand. somehow, it makes her feel a little more secure than before.

"do you know what the pact was specifically?"

his outstretched hand is taken gingerly, used to hoist herself up onto the wall after him. her golurk raises its arms in an attempt to support the lower half of her body should she need it, but her free arm reaches out to grasp at roy's forearm to steady herself once up. another minute ticks by before the golurk, itself, joins them - staying in the air with its leg thrusters instead of adding too much weight to the wall.

"could the pact have been broken at all - enough to cause this rampage?"

the years beasts.

close tab

played by

Teal

Roy
He/Him
twenty-six
May 02
Rustboro City, Hoenn
Heterosexual
Trainer
Civilian
Single
6'01" height
6'01" height
get out of my way
awards
309 posts
Roy Aker DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @roy
Roy Aker
restraint
POSTED ON Feb 7, 2024 16:42:29 GMT
Roy Aker Avatar

There is no attention wasted on her first question. He could only assume that it was a joke as he maintained his extended hand.

"I'm not sure." His answer is followed with a subtle groan as the scientist uses his arm like rope. Once the ranger and her golem are on the same level, he returns to his position as leader.

"I just know that something's very wrong if he's responsible for this."

The draconid's doubt is made clear by his words, but his verdict is abruptly dismantled. Suddenly, the meteor-lined walls of the cave begin to shake. A loud screech resembling the cry of a dragon confirmed the stories of the locals. The Monster of Meteor Falls was here.

[attr="class","postruinsart"]
[attr="class","postruinsartdrk"]
[attr="class","postruinsartlght"]

The creature's jet-black scales and the cavern's shade made him nearly impossible to detect, but the howl gave the two the necessary time to react. Whipping his blade against the stone floor, the beast charges forward like some sort of mobile blender.

close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,114 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
restraint
POSTED ON Feb 10, 2024 4:40:41 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illeana"]
[attr="class","illeana i"]she lets out a soft, thoughtful hum.

"do you think he might be injured, then?"

it's not entirely unlikely for a dragon to lash out when injured or threatened... though, to this degree? a small sense of discomfort knots itself into her stomach. she breathes through it all the same, but sticks a little closer to roy out of a slowly budding habit.

and then, the cave rumbles around them and she stumbles in an attempt to regain footing - more baby deer than scientist by the minute. the following howl scratches its way through eardrums and right into bone. her golurk lets out its own rumble, low and echoing in the darkness.

"oh."

from the dark comes the monster of meteor falls, cloaked in black with sharp jaws and sharper blades. he rushes toward the pair and her golurk lurches forward to stop it - a clay knight meeting scales of steel in a clash of determination.

while her golurk tries to stall the dragon, she whips around toward roy with a slight panic clinging to her voice.

"do we attack?"

the years beasts.

close tab

played by

Teal

Roy
He/Him
twenty-six
May 02
Rustboro City, Hoenn
Heterosexual
Trainer
Civilian
Single
6'01" height
6'01" height
get out of my way
awards
309 posts
Roy Aker DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @roy
Roy Aker
restraint
POSTED ON Feb 12, 2024 17:16:56 GMT
Roy Aker Avatar

The golem is successful in its attempt to bring the dragon to a halt, but this only lasts for a moment. Similar to the one before, the haxorus unleashes another screeching howl as it breaks free from the relic's grasp. The scream enforces a feeling of unease to everything in the vicinity. In the distance, pokemon can be heard scuttling away in fear as the cavern walls shake underneath the fury of their predator.

"This isn't good." He has no time to answer her question with words.

Instead of exchanging blows with the automaton, the monster charges for the weakest links out of the bunch. Human flesh was far easier to tear through. There was just Roy and Illeana with nothing in-between to stop the assault.

That's when Balmung is unexpectedly summoned through a small gap in Roy's pocket. The dragons immediately clash with both of their talons locked to each other's. With no blade equipped to the charizard's face, Balmung could only act defensively. His wide wingspan would distract the monster from the weaker pair, but the fire-type was nowhere near as resilient as the scientist's Golurk.

close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,114 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
restraint
POSTED ON Feb 12, 2024 19:59:45 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illeana"]
[attr="class","illeana i"]her golurk does as well as it can, given the immovable anger and sturdy scales of meteor falls' protector. in the end, it is not enough to deter the beast from lurching out of its grasp and setting its sights on the weaker figures in the cavern.

illeana tenses as it approaches, a scream threatening to claw its way out of her throat. she backpedals quickly as her feet scramble to place more distance between them and the haxorus. no matter how much she tries, the dragon's speed outmatches her panic-ridden feet.

and roy's familiar charizard is summoned, then, to stall out the haxorus from advancing any further on the two humans. its large wingspan provides cover, a small reprieve before the inevitable.

"try to trap it!"

her golurk rumbles before shadows begin to gather. never-ending nightmare rises with shadow hands and they look to restrain the haxorus as it collides with balmung, careful to avoid putting the charizard in the line of fire. another rumble sounds before the golurk tries to wrestle the haxorus back and hold it in place with the shadows - less an assault and more a trap for them to work within.

the years beasts.

close tab

played by

Teal

Roy
He/Him
twenty-six
May 02
Rustboro City, Hoenn
Heterosexual
Trainer
Civilian
Single
6'01" height
6'01" height
get out of my way
awards
309 posts
Roy Aker DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @roy
Roy Aker
restraint
POSTED ON Feb 16, 2024 17:18:40 GMT
Roy Aker Avatar

He's stunned. This was the great beast from his childhood. The dragon his grandmother warned him to never mess with. Of course, it was no legendary pokemon, but it had the power to stand toe-to-toe with one. To everyone else, it was just a monster. To him, it was like watching nature fall apart before his eyes.

"Careful. Don't hurt it." He begs, shaking off his initial shock.

She clearly wasn't trying to harm the monster, but the draconid needed confirmation. As the barrage of shadowy hands and tendrils surround the creature, it retaliates, slicing into the many shadows with the axe mounted on its face.

Despite its efforts, the golem's attack prevails and the ghostly hands begin to consume their target. As the monster begins to struggle, it's clear that the powerful attack is not enough to take it down. Balmung contributes by securing its talons around the monster's back, avoiding the dangerous swings of its axe.

close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,114 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
restraint
POSTED ON Feb 18, 2024 20:31:46 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illeana"]
[attr="class","illeana i"]"i won't."

she doesn't want to cause harm - only a calmness the dragon is clearly lacking. her golurk holds the shadows a little tighter, trying to slowly squeeze submission into the haxorus. it does not entirely work...

but, between balmung and her golurk's shadowy trap, they seem to be making mild progress.

her head turns toward roy, eyes softer than before.

"do you think it would help if you talked to it?"

reason with it, even.

"like your grandmother did, maybe?"

their restraint of the dragon will not hold forever. the clock is already working against them.

the years beasts.

close tab

played by

Teal

Roy
He/Him
twenty-six
May 02
Rustboro City, Hoenn
Heterosexual
Trainer
Civilian
Single
6'01" height
6'01" height
get out of my way
awards
309 posts
Roy Aker DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @roy
Roy Aker
restraint
POSTED ON Apr 22, 2024 17:33:57 GMT
Roy Aker Avatar

She was right. They couldn't afford to let the situation escalate any further. Restraints were a necessary evil. With the dragon and golem securing the raging Haxorus, Roy stepped forward, determination etched into every line of his face.

"I don't know if you remember me, but I've admired your strength for years," Roy spoke softly, raising an open palm to his opponent.

"Whatever you're dealing with, just know that we're here to help. Your home is safe. I promise."

As his palm met the creature's hide, a profound calm spread through the cavern. The Haxorus ceased its thrashing, fixating on Roy with a mix of curiosity and wariness.

"wiilirk ve."

With a mastery of tone that resonated with ancient power, Roy spoke fluently in draconic, commanding attention and respect from the beast. The Haxorus, in response, lowered its head in acknowledgment, a silent truce forged between the trainer and the titan.

With a gentle hand, Roy retrieved an empty ball from his pocket, pressing it calmly against the Haxorus. In a flash of light, the formidable creature was captured, its fury quelled by mere words.

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,810 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
restraint
POSTED ON Apr 23, 2024 3:40:57 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]MISSION COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: