Lavender Town, Kanto
heterosexual
hitman
rocket beast
nenet nzingha
starstruck ✨
6'3" / 190 cm height
6'3" / 190 cm height
Murderers are not monsters, they're men. And that's the most frightening thing about them.
awards
2,688 posts
Zev Harcourt DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @zev
Zev Harcourt
HAND OF FATE [M]
POSTED ON Jan 15, 2024 3:28:08 GMT
Zev Harcourt Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","zev3"]
[attr="class","body"]

As a Rocket Beast, Zev had no office of his own on the submarine. Instead, he chose a conference room for the mission debrief about to take place with . The two men had just returned from a job infiltrating a Mossdeep City Pokémon Center. Though it had ended successfully, the grunt's lack of experience had been obvious. [break][break]

Which wasn't surprising, if Zev were honest. Most grunts fumbled with their first few missions. To minimize risk, they were always paired with more experienced members of Team Rocket, sometimes even upper brass. And the jobs were always straightforward and simple. [break][break]

So Zev knew it was pointless to berate Rhys for his shortcomings. Instead, he took a seat at the conference table and gestured to a chair, indicating to the younger man that he should do the same. [break][break]

In a corner of the room, Zev's Gengar hovered near the ceiling, watching with eerie red eyes. [break][break]

"The mission was a success, so good job," the Beast said, though his voice lacked any warmth that usually accompanied words of praise. "What did you think of it, as your first task for Team Rocket? Did you find it challenging or easy, for example?" [break][break]

He tilted his head, giving Rhys his full attention. Any lump of iron could be forged into a deadly weapon with enough patience and the right hand guiding it. Whether Zev could draw the potential from Rhys' crude form was yet to be seen.

TAGS[break]
NOTESmission | takes place after this thread

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]

[newclass=".zev3"]--accent:#975fb2;font:13px Roboto;[/newclass]
[newclass=".zev3 b"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".zev3 i"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".zev3 u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".zev3 a"]font:13px Roboto;color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".zev3 h1"]font:16px Roboto;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=".zev3 h2"]font:14px Roboto;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=".zev3 .body"]background-image:url("https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png");background-position:bottom;background-repeat:no-repeat;text-align:justify;[/newclass]
[newclass=".zev3 .pkmn img"]margin:-10px -7px 0px -7px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".zev3 .credit"]font-size:13px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

mcfuzzled

he/him
November 16
Verdanturf Town
Gay
Doctor
Grunt
do no harm
unless you justify it
5'10" height
5'10" height
Developing the cure to your miserable existence.
awards
128 posts
Rhys Collins DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @rhys
Rhys Collins
HAND OF FATE [M]
POSTED ON Jan 15, 2024 4:27:12 GMT
Rhys Collins Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","rhysc4"]
[attr="class","post"]

Rhys followed the older man into the conference room in silence. Outward silence, at any rate. Mentally, he'd managed to mostly beat the more detrimental part of his inner monologue into submission, but even his resolve wasn't enough to keep replaying every misstep he'd made at the pokemon center over and over.
[break][break]
He took the indicated seat without protest, and at Zev's inquiry, neglected to muster the usual self-deprecating grin he so often used to defuse tension. "Challenging, of course," he replied stoically, "Not that I completely flubbed it, but obviously I'd be in the fire if you hadn't been there. Sir."
[break][break]
He let his gaze wander upward slightly, meeting the Gengar's crimson glare before sliding back down to turn his attention back to Zev. "I've got a set of skills that I'm very practiced with, and some that I need to work on. I should have been more aware in the recovery area, and I need to train my pokemon further - a Paras that's barely seen combat doesn't stand a chance against a Haunter, and that one was even coming out of sedation. Big misstep on my part," he pronounced simply.
[break][break]
The optimism in him hoped that this would be at best an opportunity to review and do better the next time. The other side just hoped he wouldn't be branded useless and ejected out of a torpedo hatch.

[attr="class","ooc"]

NOTES

Mission: Recruitment Act 2

[break][break]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
[newclass=.rhysc4]--accent:#54C797;[/newclass]
[newclass=.rhysc4]font:12px Roboto;letter-spacing:.3px;line-height:17px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".rhysc4 b"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".rhysc4 i"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".rhysc4 u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".rhysc4 a"]font:12px Roboto;color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".rhysc4 h1"]font:18px Poppins;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;letter-spacing:.5px[/newclass]
[newclass=".rhysc4 h2"]font:16px Poppins;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;letter-spacing:.5px[/newclass]
[newclass=".rhysc4 .post b"]font-size:12px;letter-spacing:.1px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".rhysc4 .ooc b"]font-size:12px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".rhysc4 .pkmn div"]background-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".rhysc4 .pkmn img"]margin:5px -7px -10px -7px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".rhysc4 .credit"]width:125px;background-color:#1c1c1c;font-size:10px;margin-top:7px;padding:3px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".rhysc4 .credit a"]font-size:10px;font-weight:800;[/newclass]

close tab

played by

gunsmile

The Devourer
he / him
January 8
Lavender Town, Kanto
heterosexual
hitman
rocket beast
nenet nzingha
starstruck ✨
6'3" / 190 cm height
6'3" / 190 cm height
Murderers are not monsters, they're men. And that's the most frightening thing about them.
awards
2,688 posts
Zev Harcourt DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @zev
Zev Harcourt
HAND OF FATE [M]
POSTED ON Jan 15, 2024 22:52:00 GMT
Zev Harcourt Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","zev3"]
[attr="class","body"]

Without prompting, Rhys specified areas where he knew he needed improvement: heightened awareness of his surroundings and Pokémon better trained for combat. A single nod of Zev's head indicated his agreement with that assessment. [break][break]

"Good. Not many grunts are so self-aware," the Beast commented. [break][break]

Not that he was impressed. When it came to grunts, the bar for standards was dangerously close to the ground, as evidenced by the defections that continued to plague the organization. [break][break]

No, to properly impress Team Rocket's leadership, a grunt had to possess the initiative for self-improvement, the actual ability to improve, and ambition to rise above their station. Many possessed one or two of the three, but not all of them. [break][break]

Zev crossed his arms over his chest. "How would you address these deficiencies? If you were to carry out this kind of job again, what would you do differently?"

TAGS[break]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]

[newclass=".zev3 u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".zev3 h1"]font:16px Roboto;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=".zev3 h2"]font:14px Roboto;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=".zev3 .body"]background-image:url("https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png");background-position:bottom;background-repeat:no-repeat;text-align:justify;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

mcfuzzled

he/him
November 16
Verdanturf Town
Gay
Doctor
Grunt
do no harm
unless you justify it
5'10" height
5'10" height
awards
128 posts
Rhys Collins DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @rhys
Rhys Collins
HAND OF FATE [M]
POSTED ON Jan 16, 2024 3:25:19 GMT
Rhys Collins Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","rhysc4"]
[attr="class","post"]

Rhys ran a hand through his hair as he considered Zev's next line of questioning, the gesture a telltale sign of stress that the other man might not have been in Rhys's company enough to catch on to. He wasn't going to beat himself up, but since marginal approval was still approval, he might as well continue on the path of frank self-assessment and look to the next opportunity to refine the rough edges revealed by the last mission.
[break][break]
Assuming there was, in fact, a next opportunity.
[break][break]
"I'd ensure I had a better idea of what to expect on my own recognizance," he allowed, his eyes darting to a fascinating spot on the bare tabletop and fixing there. "I relied too much on the idea that you'd be there to direct if something went wrong, and as a consequence ended up as barely more than dead weight. Got the pokemon, but could have cost you your part because I wasn't paying attention to potential roadblocks."
[break][break]
The spot on the table wasn't changing anytime soon, as he hadn't yet encountered wood grain that could reconfigure itself if an onlooker were desperate enough, but just the same Rhys couldn't take Zev's appraising stare while he recollected.
[break][break]
"Find some way to get a better lay of the land. Your pokemon were good partners, but they also had practical roles in the mission that actively helped us accomplish it, and I hadn't considered that angle fully. I want to groom mine the same way, get a few that can cover different situations, and train them enough to hold their own besides. I can't stop the rest of what I'm doing to take that time, so I'll have to work it in, but it's not an option at this point."
[break][break]
At this he finally tears away from his avoidance of the other man, looking up at him with a steely, defiant glint in his eye.
[break][break]
"I'm never going to be in that position again."

[attr="class","ooc"]

NOTES

[break][break]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
[newclass=.rhysc4]font:12px Roboto;letter-spacing:.3px;line-height:17px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".rhysc4 u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".rhysc4 h1"]font:18px Poppins;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;letter-spacing:.5px[/newclass]
[newclass=".rhysc4 h2"]font:16px Poppins;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;letter-spacing:.5px[/newclass]
[newclass=".rhysc4 .credit"]width:125px;background-color:#1c1c1c;font-size:10px;margin-top:7px;padding:3px;[/newclass]

close tab

played by

gunsmile

The Devourer
he / him
January 8
Lavender Town, Kanto
heterosexual
hitman
rocket beast
nenet nzingha
starstruck ✨
6'3" / 190 cm height
6'3" / 190 cm height
awards
2,688 posts
Zev Harcourt DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @zev
Zev Harcourt
HAND OF FATE [M]
POSTED ON Jan 16, 2024 15:01:34 GMT
Zev Harcourt Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","zev3"]
[attr="class","body"]

Zev gave another nod of his head, both at Rhys' answer and the determination in the younger man's eye. "Smart. If you need more Pokémon or want to train them in battle, there are plenty of opportunities with other grunts like yourself." [break][break]

Smoke the Gengar, having grown bored of the conversation, floated to the other end of the conference room to examine the coffee machine set up on a side table. [break][break]

Zev made no indication that he'd noticed his Pokémon's exploration. Instead, he sifted through his mental file cabinet of Team Rocket's members to recall what information he'd read about Rhyhs. [break][break]

"Let's talk about your recruitment into our organization. You're a pharmacist, right?" the Beast asked. "What are your goals within Team Rocket?"

TAGS[break]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]

close tab

played by

mcfuzzled

he/him
November 16
Verdanturf Town
Gay
Doctor
Grunt
do no harm
unless you justify it
5'10" height
5'10" height
awards
128 posts
Rhys Collins DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @rhys
Rhys Collins
HAND OF FATE [M]
POSTED ON Jan 30, 2024 22:21:26 GMT
Rhys Collins Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","rhysc4"]
[attr="class","post"]

Relief, Rhys supposed, was not intended to feel like having a tub of ice water upended directly over his head. Possibly it was the anxiety he felt at the situation uncoiling itself as the Rocket Beast gave his feedback, but Rhys couldn't hide the slight relaxing of his shoulders, the marginal lack of tension in his posture as the conversation continued.
[break][break]
Opportunities wouldn't be getting discussed if Rhys was intended to be Sharpedo bait due to his inexperience. Probably.
[break][break]
Rhys nodded in response to Zev's inquiry - yes, he was a pharmacist, and in fact had a staggering amount each of knowledge, resentment, and debt circulating around that notion. "I am, yeah. I mean yes," he corrects. "Not that compounding's going to pave my way, necessarily, but I did enough moonlighting with my mates that I can also deal with medical situations. Maybe not heart surgery, but better than a bandage."
[break][break]
His goals? Did he even have any that he could pose to the other man and not sound at best naive, or at worst idiotic?
[break][break]
Probably not, but stewing in anger for years over one particular incident could do a number on perception.
[break][break]
"This is gonna sound like a line, but I want to get stronger and be an asset to the organization," he pronounced at length. "Not gonna bore you with it, but I didn't come this far just because I'm some kinda bad boy. I believe in the mission and I want to support the Team's Hoenn activities. Some in particular more than others, maybe, but sitting around filling antibiotics for sniffly brats ain't gonna get anything done for me."
[break][break]
He offered a slight shrug, as though underscoring the simplicity of his message. "I have some skills, and what I don't have yet, I learn fast. I'm invested in the group's success, and I can't help be a part of that if I'm too busy falling on my face and getting bullied by a half-grown ghost."

[attr="class","ooc"]

NOTES

[break][break]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]

close tab

played by

gunsmile

The Devourer
he / him
January 8
Lavender Town, Kanto
heterosexual
hitman
rocket beast
nenet nzingha
starstruck ✨
6'3" / 190 cm height
6'3" / 190 cm height
awards
2,688 posts
Zev Harcourt DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @zev
Zev Harcourt
HAND OF FATE [M]
POSTED ON Feb 1, 2024 16:12:23 GMT
Zev Harcourt Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","zev3"]
[attr="class","body"]

Zev took a mental note of Rhys' mentioned capabilities. Though Team Rocket had a dedicated medical team, grunts capable of field medicine in the middle of a job or battle were in short supply. [break][break]

Rhys' goals were generic and trite, but Zev found himself unsurprised at the lines fed to him. New recruits did not often have ambitious goals, and if they did, those remained private until more trust developed. At least a desire to see Team Rocket succeed was better than fumbled graspings at nothing. [break][break]

Not that Zev cared for Rhys' ambitions. The questions were merely to set expectations and determine where best to allocate the younger man as a resource. [break][break]

"You're not the first recruit who's told me something similar," Zev said, his tone neutral and apathetic. Another person might believe him unimpressed. [break][break]

Still, he uncrossed his arms. "Do you have any questions for me, then? About the job we just completed, or about our organization in general?"

TAGS[break]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]

close tab

played by

mcfuzzled

he/him
November 16
Verdanturf Town
Gay
Doctor
Grunt
do no harm
unless you justify it
5'10" height
5'10" height
awards
128 posts
Rhys Collins DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @rhys
Rhys Collins
HAND OF FATE [M]
POSTED ON Feb 2, 2024 22:09:20 GMT
Rhys Collins Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","rhysc4"]
[attr="class","post"]

The seeming ambivalence of the other man in response to his exposition didn't irk Rhys as it might have in other situations; rather, it gave him a sense of satisfaction. Keep it honest, but not personal. Don't make waves or sound like you've got delusions of grandeur until you're better positioned to actually back them up and focus on HOW to get them done. Grunts like you are a dime a dozen, don't forget.
[break][break]
Part of Rhys wanted to laugh at the near-absurdity of Zev's next inquiry. What idiot wouldn't have questions at this juncture?
[break][break]
Another more level-headed part, however, recognized the opportunity he'd been given - conversation without fear of reprisal. Well, no more fear than he'd been lowly experiencing since walking into the room after Zev.
[break][break]
"What next?" he asked simply. "I know what I need to work on, myself, but there's going to be more work. Am I supposed to wait for the next mission, like we just finished, or am I better off keeping an ear open for opportunities?"
[break][break]
Neutral enough, he supposed, and probably depressingly generic for the other man, but an answer Rhys needed to hear regardless, if he was going to make it anywhere in the organization.

[attr="class","ooc"]

NOTES

[break][break]TAGS:

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]

close tab

played by

gunsmile

The Devourer
he / him
January 8
Lavender Town, Kanto
heterosexual
hitman
rocket beast
nenet nzingha
starstruck ✨
6'3" / 190 cm height
6'3" / 190 cm height
awards
2,688 posts
Zev Harcourt DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @zev
Zev Harcourt
HAND OF FATE [M]
POSTED ON Feb 3, 2024 23:06:26 GMT
Zev Harcourt Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","zev3"]
[attr="class","body"]

"Definitely keep your ear open for opportunities," Zev said, nodding his head for emphasis. "There's an internal bulletin for people looking for help with things, so check them out, even if they seem outside of your field of expertise."[break][break]

A valuable grunt was a well-rounded one, after all. Pokémon weren't the only creatures honed into weapons; for Team Rocket's purposes, their trainers had to endure the same trials, too.[break][break]

"But you'll be contacted through encrypted messages whenever you're assigned a job, too. That's inevitable."[break][break]

Zev paused then, wondering if he was willing to share any additional advice. Rhys seemed to have a rational head on his shoulders, and Zev had no interest in insulting the younger man's intelligence.[break][break]

"If there's nothing else, you're dismissed," the Beast said at last.

TAGS[break]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]

close tab

played by

mcfuzzled

he/him
November 16
Verdanturf Town
Gay
Doctor
Grunt
do no harm
unless you justify it
5'10" height
5'10" height
awards
128 posts
Rhys Collins DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @rhys
Rhys Collins
HAND OF FATE [M]
POSTED ON Feb 5, 2024 22:42:08 GMT
Rhys Collins Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","rhysc4"]
[attr="class","post"]

"Thank you, sir," Rhys nodded at the dismissal, coming to his feet. "I'm grateful for the insight, and I look forward to showing you my improvements if I'm assigned to you again in the future."
[break][break]
He exited the meeting room with little preamble, and more than a little effort to not turn his head searching for Smoke the Gengar on his way out. Altogether that hadn't gone nearly as poorly as it could have, and while Zev hadn't been entirely more conversant than the table they'd sat at, Rhys couldn't help but appreciate the other man's insight and advice. He knew where he needed to improve, and he had some idea of where to start going about it.
[break][break]
What then, though? He'd joined Rocket in a black haze of fury and resentment, and his every waking moment over the past months was underscored by swings of palpable emotion - anxiety, impatience, frustration, smug satisfaction - but he felt distinctly unfocused. Stick it to the medical system for killing her, he'd thought, and if anyone had a way to destabilize the status quo, it would be Rocket, but was that even on their radar?
[break][break]
He shook his head as he turned down the hallway, running a hand through his hair distractedly. Probably not, not for one kid's grudge, but if he could climb - if he could direct a stir in the course of more wide-encompassing acts on the part of the Team - well, that might do it.
[break][break]
First things first, though, he had to get stronger, had to get his feet under him. Now to find that bulletin.

[attr="class","ooc"]

NOTES

[break][break]TAGS:

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]

close tab

played by

a toddler

little toot toot
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
mod
googoo gaga
spiral is my big poppa pump (positive)
600 foot tall baby height
600 foot tall baby height
sleeping in mod reqs
awards
2,363 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mod
spiral and shiv's baby
HAND OF FATE [M]
POSTED ON Feb 6, 2024 19:45:50 GMT
spiral and shiv's baby Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]MISSION COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: