saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
a life
to live for.
1321 height
1321 height
i'll try to find you in mountains made of ash and clouds of smoke.
awards
8,127 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
vct: matias vs kyle
POSTED ON Jan 24, 2024 7:04:59 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","matias matyleday"]
[attr="class","inner"]
[attr="class","body"]

"thanks for convincing me to join this."[break][break]

he says to as they walk toward their next battle which coincidentally is against each other. it was only a matter of time until the tournament matches them together, he'd just hoped that it'd be a bit later down the line.[break][break]

his shoulder brushes against kyle's as he asks:[break][break]

"are you doing well this tournament?"

[attr="class","milkycredit"] [attr="class","fas fa-cookie-bite"]

[attr="class","bottom"]

[newclass=".matyleday"] --accent:#5d464e!important [/newclass]
[newclass=".matias"] --accent: #5d464e } .matias b { color: var(--accent); font: bold 12px/12px 'Poppins'; } .matias i { font-style:italic; border-bottom:1px solid #474747; color:var(--accent); letter-spacing:1px; } .matias { width: 400px; margin: 0px auto; position:relative; } .matias .inner { background-color: #272727; border-radius:4px 4px 0px 0px; font-family: roboto; color: #eee; font-size: 11px; letter-spacing: .5px; text-align: justify; padding-top: 20px; padding-bottom: 20px; line-height: 15px; padding: 30px; background: #272727; } .matias .body { border-radius: 5px; padding: 40px; border: 1px solid var(--accent); background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; } .matias .body span { font:bold 13px/10px 'Poppins'; } .matias .bottom { background: var(--accent); padding-top:10px; min-height:25px; width:400px; margin:0px auto; text-align:center; background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; } .matias .bottom img { margin-top:-10px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".matias .oocnotes"] border-top:1px solid var(--accent); padding-top:15px; width:200px; margin:10px auto 0px; [/newclass]
[newclass=".matias .milkycredit"]font-size:15px; position:absolute; z-index:99; right: 12px; border-radius:100px; color:#ddd; opacity:0.6; } .matias .milkycredit a { transition:0.5s all } .matias .milkycredit a:hover { transition:0.5s all; color:var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
Join my dream it's just the right time, woah
awards
6,471 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
POSTED ON Jan 27, 2024 7:38:34 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
"i would be bragging if i told you how my matches went," he humble brags. "besides, it's about playing for fun around here. you better not spoil the atmosphere, alright?"

he readies his pokemon, his poochyena, as he takes his place. only then does he show off the sygna suit he has on him.

"how do you like my suit?" he asks matias. "better than the smeargle one or nah?"

vct was the debut of his sygna suit, having preferred the smeargle sygna suit on most operations that needed one. while the earlier design was for function over form, his mightyena one was definitely birthed from the idea of looking nice with his poochies.

close tab

played by

noodles

matias
he/him
thirty-two
november 14th
saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
a life
to live for.
1321 height
1321 height
awards
8,127 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
POSTED ON Jan 27, 2024 8:34:13 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","inner"]
[attr="class","body"]

"i know, i know. this is just for fun."[break][break]

something matias will embody and carry into his other challenges as well. it seems remains the only person he actually listens to.[break][break]

"this one suits you more. i associate poochy with you more than i do smeagle."[break][break]

meowth starts the battle with TRAILBLAZE.[break][break]

Chh0Au5N[BREAK]
HP: 4/4

[attr="class","bottom"]

[newclass=".matias"] --accent: #5d464e } .matias b { color: var(--accent); font: bold 12px/12px 'Poppins'; } .matias i { font-style:italic; border-bottom:1px solid #474747; color:var(--accent); letter-spacing:1px; } .matias { width: 400px; margin: 0px auto; position:relative; } .matias .inner { background-color: #272727; border-radius:4px 4px 0px 0px; font-family: roboto; color: #eee; font-size: 11px; letter-spacing: .5px; text-align: justify; padding-top: 20px; padding-bottom: 20px; line-height: 15px; padding: 30px; background: #272727; } .matias .body { border-radius: 5px; padding: 40px; border: 1px solid var(--accent); background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; } .matias .body span { font:bold 13px/10px 'Poppins'; } .matias .bottom { background: var(--accent); padding-top:10px; min-height:25px; width:400px; margin:0px auto; text-align:center; background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; } .matias .bottom img { margin-top:-10px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".matias .oocnotes"] border-top:1px solid var(--accent); padding-top:15px; width:200px; margin:10px auto 0px; [/newclass]
[newclass=".matias .milkycredit"]font-size:15px; position:absolute; z-index:99; right: 12px; border-radius:100px; color:#ddd; opacity:0.6; } .matias .milkycredit a { transition:0.5s all } .matias .milkycredit a:hover { transition:0.5s all; color:var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,471 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
POSTED ON Jan 27, 2024 8:52:31 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
"you think so? the pokemon known for working in groups?"

kyle lopez, a person who would rather work things out on his own than bother people, and would spend time cooped up in his room playing video games or reading novels, was a poochyena in matias' eyes.

he smiles on the thought.

the poochyena, on the other hand, wasn't smiling. it's ready to fight and grr at the cat, matching its move with one of its own: a dragon hammer right on its face as it gets closer.

CDE1XPUT (+10)

close tab

played by

noodles

matias
he/him
thirty-two
november 14th
saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
a life
to live for.
1321 height
1321 height
awards
8,127 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
POSTED ON Jan 27, 2024 10:05:33 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","inner"]
[attr="class","body"]

"i think it's because you look similar."[break][break]

dark hair, cute face, dog-like personality. that fits .[break][break]

DRAGON HAMMER can't find meowth's face because it's too tall and poochyena is too small, and so the returned SHADOW CLAW comes quickly, swiping away.[break][break]

CISn7R|I[BREAK]

[attr="class","bottom"]

close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,471 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
POSTED ON Jan 30, 2024 1:29:52 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
"you're really calling me one of hoenn's stray dogs, huh?"

given his origin story, it has some merit to it, he supposed. the humble poochyena is a comparison he'd rather have over something extravagant like dragons that people liken themselves with.

"i'll take it."

the meowth's swipe takes a toll on the poochyena, who then retaliates with yet another dragon hammer to fire back at the paw that clawed him.

WtLeNQYV (+10)
2/3

close tab

played by

noodles

matias
he/him
thirty-two
november 14th
saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
a life
to live for.
1321 height
1321 height
awards
8,127 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
POSTED ON Jan 30, 2024 3:21:31 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","inner"]
[attr="class","body"]

"yes."[break][break]

given 's origin story, it definitely has merit to it.[break][break]

DRAGON HAMMER fires back at meowth, knocking it back but not toppling it over. it catches itself, paw digging into the ground before it lunges with TRAILBLAZE.[break][break]

g0BxU1ff[BREAK]

[attr="class","bottom"]

close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,471 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
POSTED ON Jan 30, 2024 4:04:47 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
"if they manage to develop one that doesn't interfere," with groudon's influence, but kyle doesn't say the silent part loud, "with which pokemon are you syncing up with?"

charizard is an obvious choice since it's matias' usual pokemon out on the field, but preferences weren't always equate to favorites. still, he's the type to pick the most practical one over his favorites.

when the meowth trailblazes, the poochyena remains on its feet to take a hit, conjuring a wish that will pay dividends later.

67wEzNtp (+10)
1/3

close tab

played by

noodles

matias
he/him
thirty-two
november 14th
saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
a life
to live for.
1321 height
1321 height
awards
8,127 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
POSTED ON Jan 30, 2024 4:08:07 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","inner"]
[attr="class","body"]

"i'd say charizard but the suit negates a lot."[break][break]

all of his gimmicks would be inaccessible which would essentially downgrade charizard into just another pokemon. so, for that reason, he has to choose another.[break][break]

"not sure, though. what would be a good fit for me?"[break][break]

the question he poses is not meant to distract but it does work in his favor as the battle is now over.[break][break]

HP: 4/4[break][break]

MATIAS WINS!

[attr="class","bottom"]

[newclass=".matias .milkycredit"]font-size:15px; position:absolute; z-index:99; right: 12px; border-radius:100px; color:#ddd; opacity:0.6; } .matias .milkycredit a { transition:0.5s all } .matias .milkycredit a:hover { transition:0.5s all; color:var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]DxmOKPPR
close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,471 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
POSTED ON Jan 31, 2024 2:53:32 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
"i'm not answering that for you," he tells matias, "but you'll know when it gets to it."

that's what the important thing about sygna suits are: it bases itself on the bond between trainer and pokemon.

"just pick which pokemon you're closest with. if you have none, well, get a puppy. they bond pretty easily."

it's a casual response meant for jest. kyle recalls his pokemon back to its ball after the battle has concluded, waving goodbye to the member of the elite four for hteir next matches

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
39,029 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
POSTED ON Jan 31, 2024 5:15:19 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]VCT COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: