saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
a life
to live for.
1321 height
1321 height
i'll try to find you in mountains made of ash and clouds of smoke.
awards
8,058 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
prayer factory
POSTED ON Feb 14, 2024 10:03:34 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","matias matyleday"]
[attr="class","inner"]
[attr="class","body"]

there aren't many who would even be aware of the cracks in ' slipping composure, but having gone through and still experiencing the same himself, he sees the signs; how the cracks have already long formed and are now further splitting.[break][break]

should he offer his help, he wonders.[break][break]

"what'd you do? did you end up killing someone?"

[attr="class","milkycredit"] [attr="class","fas fa-cookie-bite"]

[attr="class","bottom"]

[newclass=".matyleday"] --accent:#5d464e!important [/newclass]
[newclass=".matias"] --accent: #5d464e } .matias b { color: var(--accent); font: bold 12px/12px 'Poppins'; } .matias i { font-style:italic; border-bottom:1px solid #474747; color:var(--accent); letter-spacing:1px; } .matias { width: 400px; margin: 0px auto; position:relative; } .matias .inner { background-color: #272727; border-radius:4px 4px 0px 0px; font-family: roboto; color: #eee; font-size: 11px; letter-spacing: .5px; text-align: justify; padding-top: 20px; padding-bottom: 20px; line-height: 15px; padding: 30px; background: #272727; } .matias .body { border-radius: 5px; padding: 40px; border: 1px solid var(--accent); background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; } .matias .body span { font:bold 13px/10px 'Poppins'; } .matias .bottom { background: var(--accent); min-height:25px; width:400px; margin:0px auto; text-align:center; background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; } .matias .bottom img { margin-top:-10px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".matias .oocnotes"] border-top:1px solid var(--accent); padding-top:15px; width:200px; margin:10px auto 0px; [/newclass]
[newclass=".matias .milkycredit"]font-size:15px; position:absolute; z-index:99; right: 12px; border-radius:100px; color:#ddd; opacity:0.6; } .matias .milkycredit a { transition:0.5s all } .matias .milkycredit a:hover { transition:0.5s all; color:var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
you caged me and then you called me crazy; i am what i am 'cause you trained me.
awards
4,115 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
prayer factory
POSTED ON Feb 15, 2024 4:03:00 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illeana"]
[attr="class","illeana b"]
[attr="class","illeana i"]"i might have."

she still doesn't quite remember the full sequence of events. the memories have been eroded by spatial energy creeping over everything and the horror of seeing a charred body at her feet.

most of all, she can still feel the helplessness from that moment. it clings like cigarette smoke to her frame.

"i need control."

otherwise...

"people - no, everything - could be jeopardized if i don't learn."

she no longer has room for error.

[newclass=.illeana] text-align: justify; text-transform: lowercase; font-size: 12px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.illeana b] color: #E37474; font-size: 13px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.illeana i] text-decoration: underline dotted #E37474; font-size: 13px; [/newclass]

close tab

played by

noodles

matias
he/him
thirty-two
november 14th
saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
a life
to live for.
1321 height
1321 height
awards
8,058 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
prayer factory
POSTED ON Feb 15, 2024 4:06:47 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","inner"]
[attr="class","body"]

"it's fine if you did. casualties are expected from incidents like those, even our own."[break][break]

especially their own, in matias' case, given how violent his control over the battlefield seems to be especially now with groudon at his disposal.[break][break]

's confession is met kindly.[break][break]

"do you need help?"[break][break]

how ironic that the volatile is offering help when his foundations are shaky at best.

[attr="class","bottom"]

[newclass=".matias"] --accent: #5d464e } .matias b { color: var(--accent); font: bold 12px/12px 'Poppins'; } .matias i { font-style:italic; border-bottom:1px solid #474747; color:var(--accent); letter-spacing:1px; } .matias { width: 400px; margin: 0px auto; position:relative; } .matias .inner { background-color: #272727; border-radius:4px 4px 0px 0px; font-family: roboto; color: #eee; font-size: 11px; letter-spacing: .5px; text-align: justify; padding-top: 20px; padding-bottom: 20px; line-height: 15px; padding: 30px; background: #272727; } .matias .body { border-radius: 5px; padding: 40px; border: 1px solid var(--accent); background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; } .matias .body span { font:bold 13px/10px 'Poppins'; } .matias .bottom { background: var(--accent); min-height:25px; width:400px; margin:0px auto; text-align:center; background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; } .matias .bottom img { margin-top:-10px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".matias .oocnotes"] border-top:1px solid var(--accent); padding-top:15px; width:200px; margin:10px auto 0px; [/newclass]
[newclass=".matias .milkycredit"]font-size:15px; position:absolute; z-index:99; right: 12px; border-radius:100px; color:#ddd; opacity:0.6; } .matias .milkycredit a { transition:0.5s all } .matias .milkycredit a:hover { transition:0.5s all; color:var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
you caged me and then you called me crazy; i am what i am 'cause you trained me.
awards
4,115 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
prayer factory
POSTED ON Feb 15, 2024 4:13:36 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illeana"]
[attr="class","illeana i"]she stares at him, processing the implications.

"how is it fine?"

people are dead. they will never come back. what about that seems fine to him, to the league?

and would he really help her... if she asked?

"yes."

honesty is laid out in the space between them. she weaves it through spatial matter with a false semblance of mastery.

"would you actually do it, though?"

[newclass=.illeana] text-align: justify; text-transform: lowercase; font-size: 12px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.illeana i] text-decoration: underline dotted #E37474; font-size: 13px; [/newclass]

close tab

played by

noodles

matias
he/him
thirty-two
november 14th
saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
a life
to live for.
1321 height
1321 height
awards
8,058 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
prayer factory
POSTED ON Feb 15, 2024 4:22:23 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","inner"]
[attr="class","body"]

"people die all the time and then they're replaced and eventually forgotten. a year or two from now, no one's going to care about the deaths you caused. they're going to care about what you've brought to the table since then."[break][break]

he shrugs a shoulder, dismissing the loss of lives as though it were commonplace, and for the war veteran who has fought for the better half of his life, it is.[break][break]

after a pause, he meets ' honesty with his own.[break][break]

"i'm sure this comes as no surprise but groudon demands a lot from me. i've had to learn how to accommodate another presence in my mind, one so demanding and heavy that it often overpowers. so i know what you're going through, illie. no one else knows better than me, and so, no one is more capable of helping you survive."

[attr="class","bottom"]

close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,115 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
prayer factory
POSTED ON Feb 15, 2024 4:40:12 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illeana"]
[attr="class","illeana i"]behind her, palkia stirs. she feels its wings shift before they move, the space around each wing parting to make room.

"and what do i bring to the table?"

her head rises a little, as if waiting for a blade or a crown - uncertain which would fall first.

instead, he greets her honesty with his own and for a moment, she feels tendrils of the past begin to waft back in. it's subtle, yet persistent.

"it feels like my head wants to split open sometimes. i can see and feel everything in the universe, from a star dying to a planet's core coming into creation. how does someone just live with that, let alone control it?"

does it feel the same for him? does his mind want to pull away from itself at the seams to escape the sensation?

close tab

played by

noodles

matias
he/him
thirty-two
november 14th
saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
a life
to live for.
1321 height
1321 height
awards
8,058 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
prayer factory
POSTED ON Feb 15, 2024 4:49:40 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","inner"]
[attr="class","body"]

"that's not on me to answer."[break][break]

or anyone for that matter. it should be on to know what she brings and to make sure everyone else knows the same.[break][break]

"why bother with seeing and feeling everything? it doesn't matter; what matters is the present, what you see right in front of you."[break][break]

he clicks his tongue.[break][break]

"so, tell me. what do you see?"

[attr="class","bottom"]

close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,115 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
prayer factory
POSTED ON Feb 15, 2024 5:00:19 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illeana"]
[attr="class","illeana i"]what she brings to the table, perhaps, is not what anyone wishes to see. she knows on some small, intimate level the way people look at her. they see a fragile woman with a fragile mind, easily riled up and selfishly devoted to her own interests. they see her recklessness, a string of actions and subsequent consequences trailing behind her dressed up to look like good faith under false pretenses.

she isn't entirely sure she could convince them otherwise, either.

"okay..."

at the click of his tongue, her eyes narrow slightly and her nose scrunches lightly in focus.

"ripples - i see ripples around you."

she takes a step closer, studying the way they move... ebbing and flowing as water does.

"i've noticed humans take up less space than other things. we create small little ripples like pebbles being skipped across a pond."

she wants to reach out, to touch the parting spatial matter, but she refrains.

close tab

played by

noodles

matias
he/him
thirty-two
november 14th
saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
a life
to live for.
1321 height
1321 height
awards
8,058 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
prayer factory
POSTED ON Feb 15, 2024 5:11:28 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","inner"]
[attr="class","body"]

he clicks his tongue again, dismissing what shares with a small wave of his hand.[break][break]

"that's not what i asked. ignore all of that and look at me. focus on me, not the shit around me."[break][break]

taking a step closer, he reaches for her, showing no hesitance despite the obvious danger that looms behind her. if she lets him, he'd lift her gaze up to meet his.[break][break]

"now, tell me what you see."

[attr="class","bottom"]

close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,115 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
prayer factory
POSTED ON Feb 15, 2024 5:20:25 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illeana"]
[attr="class","illeana i"]the spatial dragon, while making a low half snarling sort of sound when matias reaches for its avatar, does not move an inch. there is no perceived threat - not yet.

"i -"

he lifts her head to look at him, guiding her chin up until her eyes follow.

"okay."

she's not entirely certain what he wants of her, though, in this moment. does he want to know his spatial components? does he want her to be a mirror for him to look through to see himself?

in the process of staring and wondering and analyzing herself in circles, the ripples slowly begin to fade from around his head until he's the focal point of her vision.

"i don't see them anymore."

a pause.

"just you."

close tab

played by

noodles

matias
he/him
thirty-two
november 14th
saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
a life
to live for.
1321 height
1321 height
awards
8,058 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
prayer factory
POSTED ON Feb 15, 2024 5:26:07 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","inner"]
[attr="class","body"]

that was easier than expected. if only it was that easy for him, too, to get a better grip on his own unraveling mind that no amount of time seems to help save.[break][break]

but this isn't about him or his struggles. it's about making sure survives this monumental role that has somehow fallen to her.[break][break]

his tough is light, gentle in the way he reaches for her cheek, brushing the back of his hand against her.[break][break]

"now, tell me what you feel."

[attr="class","bottom"]

close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,115 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
prayer factory
POSTED ON Feb 16, 2024 5:16:26 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illeana"]
[attr="class","illeana i"]touch against her cheek startles her. she flinches at first, wanting to shy away, and a small ripple - a barely there distortion - rises. it subsequently falls back out of existence as quickly as it came.

"rough skin."

her eyes flicker toward his, half distracted. she feels barely tethered to this world... as if one wrong move and gravity loses its hold over her and she is lost to the atmosphere.

"it wouldn't kill you to invest in lotion, you know."

slowly, she reaches up to peel his hand away from her cheek before releasing her fingers from his wrist to let his hand drop.

close tab

played by

noodles

matias
he/him
thirty-two
november 14th
saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
a life
to live for.
1321 height
1321 height
awards
8,058 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
prayer factory
POSTED ON Feb 16, 2024 11:16:07 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","inner"]
[attr="class","body"]

not fighting 's touch even though the urge rises, he lets her guide his hand back down to his side, softly chuckling at her comment.[break][break]

"i spend a lot of time in the sun."[break][break]

naturally, being avatar of the continental titan.[break][break]

"see? that wasn't so hard, was it? just listen to me, and you'll be good."

[attr="class","bottom"]

close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,115 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
prayer factory
POSTED ON Feb 18, 2024 3:38:52 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illeana"]
[attr="class","illeana i"]"you'll end up a wrinkly man soon, then."

if he lives that long, perhaps - they always murmur of avatarship as if it's a ticking clock, nothing more than a gilded parasite slowly eating you alive from the inside out. her fate would be no different from his in the end.

a nod follows and despite every inch of her whispering to distrust, to not listen and scorn him instead... she agrees.

"okay, i'll try."

the first of many final nails in her coffin. she feels this one embed itself into a particular fissure, chiseling away until it's wider and slightly more pronounced.

close tab

played by

noodles

matias
he/him
thirty-two
november 14th
saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
a life
to live for.
1321 height
1321 height
awards
8,058 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
prayer factory
POSTED ON Feb 18, 2024 5:47:28 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","inner"]
[attr="class","body"]

"don't know if i'll live that long but i sure hope so."[break][break]

compared to being dead, he'd take being a wrinkly man with rough skin rather than being buried in the earth soon to be forgotten.[break][break]

to his surprise, agrees with not much pushback. he smiles a little.[break][break]

"good. now let's make sure you survive. gotta prove your haters wrong, right?"[break][break]

he's about to leave for the day but he remembers a question he'd forgotten to ask.[break][break]

"oh, how's your mind?"

[attr="class","bottom"]