Lumiose City, Kalos
Pansexual
Broadcast Journalist
Admin
if you're lonely
come be lonely with me
6'0" / 183 cm height
6'0" / 183 cm height
i fell for your magic. i tasted your skin. and though this is tragic, at least i found the end.
awards
2,195 posts
part of
TAG WITH @barnaby
BARNABY FINCH
de profundis [fw2]
POSTED ON Jan 28, 2024 19:51:42 GMT
BARNABY FINCH Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","barnaby-wrap"]
[attr="class","barnaby-main"]
[attr="class","barnaby-words"]
[break]
OUT OF THE DEPTHS AND INTO THE FLAME
[break]

It was late into the cold winter night when an uninvited guest and his UNOWN-D materialized before .[break][break]

He'd given a false address in his Wintertide letter, but of course the DRK Triad knew more than they let on. Father Winter — or Dionysus — appeared with ease inside the ROCKET admin's bedroom, having eluded the alarm system and the multiple Pokémon that guarded the space within his penthouse. [break][break]

"Maldacena?" Had Barnaby's wish been granted? He looked past where Dionysus stood before an open portal, expectantly waiting for another man to exit. But Maldacena never came.[break][break]

"So you're just the messenger, then?" [break][break]

His voice fell flat. There was near palpable disappoint in the look Barnaby gave Father Winter, but he allowed the man to finish his little speech, though he'd risen from bed in the meantime and begun dressing himself for what sounded like a labyrinthine adventure.[break][break]

From what Barnaby could discern, this was his chance to play around in spacetime and witness firsthand the ramifications of his actions, no matter how fantastical or absurd. This went beyond even the RKS System's capabilities; he had free reign here, courtesy of Maldacena.[break][break]

How could he pass up such a chance?[break][break]

Maldacena had provided revelations before. Could this be another roundabout way to disseminate information, in the same vein their trip into Cyberspace had been?[break][break]

"Alright, alright, I'll go. You've convinced me." Barnaby assented, his intrigued expression tinted blue by the portal's scintillating energy. In truth, he'd needed little convincing to begin with. The prospect of insider knowledge was too tempting a prize.[break][break]

"Come when I call for you, hm?" [break][break]

And with that, entered into another timeline.

[attr="class","barnaby-notes"]

FATHER WINTER — BRANCH AND BAUBLE

[newclass=.barnaby-wrap] margin: 0 auto; width: 420px; background-color: #272727; box-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #333333,-2px 2px 0px #333333,2px -2px 0px #333333,-2px -2px 0px #333333; border: solid 1px #232323; border-radius:3px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.barnaby-wrap b] color: #796477; [/newclass]
[newclass=.barnaby-wrap i] color: #cecece; [/newclass]
[newclass=.barnaby-wrap u] font: 800 12px Quattrocento Sans; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 2px; text-decoration: none; color: #808080; [/newclass]
[newclass=.barnaby-main] padding: 25px; font: 13px Poppins; text-align: justify; [/newclass]

[newclass=.barnaby-words] padding: 10px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.barnaby-notes] background: #2b2b2b; border: 1px #232323 solid; border-radius: 3px; padding: 15px 20px 15px 20px; margin: 10px 7px 0px 8px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.barnaby-notes h1] text-transform: uppercase; margin-bottom: 0px; letter-spacing: 2px; font: 600 14px Poppins; color: #796477; [/newclass]
[newclass=.barnaby-notes a] font: 13px Quattrocento Sans!important; letter-spacing: .5px; text-transform: lowercase; color: #796477; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Dove

Admin Bee
He / Him
April 12
Lumiose City, Kalos
Pansexual
Broadcast Journalist
Admin
if you're lonely
come be lonely with me
6'0" / 183 cm height
6'0" / 183 cm height
i fell for your magic. i tasted your skin. and though this is tragic, at least i found the end.
awards
2,195 posts
part of
TAG WITH @barnaby
BARNABY FINCH
de profundis [fw2]
POSTED ON Jan 29, 2024 2:30:35 GMT
BARNABY FINCH Avatar
[nospaces]
[break]
[break]

It was different than what one might see in a movie or television show. [break][break]

Oddly, at least to him, the portal did not reopen like a door for to walk through. Instead, his consciousness awoke like the flip of a light switch within a familiar space: the National Museum of Natural History, all decked out for the holidays during what he could only assume was the Winter Masquerade of 2022.[break][break]

He was dressed as ostentatiously as he'd been back then, mask and all to fit the theme. The company was similar, too, with within arms reach. Everything appeared the same, in fact.[break][break]

So what was different? Father Winter had promised him an alternate path to explore.[break][break]

His answer came from a beckoning hand, enticing him to follow from his corner of the room and down a darkened corridor, away from prying eyes. The feminine figure hid her face, as they all did as part of the Masquerade, but there were telling signs of her identity.[break][break]

In fact, he'd know that shock of red hair anywhere.[break][break]

"I always knew you were a rat, Finch. But this is a new low, even for you."[break][break]

turned to face him, the only light to illuminate her fiery form coming from a half-lit exhibit to her right. The councilwoman's shadow stretched far across the floor, creeping onto the wall as if to watch what came next.[break][break]

Barnaby didn't respond at first and instead took a moment to assess the situation he found himself in. This? This was different.[break][break]

When he looked into Penny's face, her scarlet eyes flashed hotter than he'd ever seen them, even behind her mauve, lace-lined mask. Her tone was severe, her body language guarded yet buzzing with some sort of morbid anticipation.[break][break]

"You won't be able to hide behind your mask for much longer." [break][break]

At that he smiled and removed his face covering, feigning ignorance in a show of amiable concession.[break][break]

"What do you mean, Penny? I'm an open book." He tested the waters, probing for an explanation for her actions.[break][break]

"Ha!" She practically smoldered as she snapped and moved forward towards him, her heels burning into the tile below with each sharp step.[break][break]

"I bet would beg to differ." Venom-lined and angry, Penny's tone continued to heighten as she spilled all the gory details for Barnaby to hear. [break][break]

"Mm, sorry. You'd probably know him better as Admin Fox, right?" There was a perverse lilt of superiority in her voice, now, in the wake of her revelation.[break][break]

"Surely you two are close? You have to be, with how social you are. In that way, you've always reminded me of a doorknob: everyone gets a turn." [break][break]

Another nasty laugh echoed down the hallway before she ended with, "Either way, it seems like the Prince finally woke up and realized just how pathetic you all are."[break][break]

The silence that followed the conclusion of Penny's reveal was deafening. She knew. There was no other explanation.[break][break]

For one of the first times in 's life, he felt the rug being swept out from under his feet, taking with it his identity as an HNN journalist and his anonymity as a ROCKET agent.[break][break]

would not let this lie. He knew that much was true.[break][break]

This? This timeline was certainly different.

[newclass=.barnaby-wrap] margin: 0 auto; width: 420px; background-color: #272727; box-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #333333,-2px 2px 0px #333333,2px -2px 0px #333333,-2px -2px 0px #333333; border: solid 1px #232323; border-radius:3px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.barnaby-wrap u] font: 800 12px Quattrocento Sans; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 2px; text-decoration: none; color: #808080; [/newclass]
[newclass=.barnaby-main] padding: 25px; font: 13px Poppins; text-align: justify; [/newclass]

[newclass=.barnaby-notes] background: #2b2b2b; border: 1px #232323 solid; border-radius: 3px; padding: 15px 20px 15px 20px; margin: 10px 7px 0px 8px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.barnaby-notes h1] text-transform: uppercase; margin-bottom: 0px; letter-spacing: 2px; font: 600 14px Poppins; color: #796477; [/newclass]
[newclass=.barnaby-notes a] font: 13px Quattrocento Sans!important; letter-spacing: .5px; text-transform: lowercase; color: #796477; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Dove

Admin Bee
He / Him
April 12
Lumiose City, Kalos
Pansexual
Broadcast Journalist
Admin
if you're lonely
come be lonely with me
6'0" / 183 cm height
6'0" / 183 cm height
awards
2,195 posts
part of
TAG WITH @barnaby
BARNABY FINCH
de profundis [fw2]
POSTED ON Jan 30, 2024 3:24:56 GMT
BARNABY FINCH Avatar
[nospaces]
[break]
[break]

The fallout of their encounter was swift and thorough. [break][break]

With both and at the forefront of his ousting, Barnaby knew there'd be little time to waste. Penny wasn't known for her subtlety, after all — ROCKET traitors even less so.[break][break]

But this moment, in this timeline, was before she'd felt the ENVIOUS pull of CHI-YU. There was no patron or inhuman powers to protect her within the dark corridor of 's museum. So although their exchange was a heated one, in the end, Councilwoman Livy acquiesced. [break][break]

She'd brought back-up with her, yet Barnaby still managed to slip out of the party undetected. Every second mattered now if he was to settle what was to become the catalyst for a spiraling narrative.[break][break]

He'd had contingencies in place, of course, just in case his identity was ever compromised. With one tap of a button everything went...[break][break]

DARK.
[break]

Overnight his Mauville City penthouse was left abandoned. When the authorities inevitably arrived to raid the home they'd find little of substance there to sling at ROCKET and its constituents. The kill switch in all of the electronics had been activated almost as soon as played her hand, burning servers, corrupting data, and erasing any trace of the who once lived there.[break][break]

All that remained now was ADMIN BEE.

close tab

played by

Dove

Admin Bee
He / Him
April 12
Lumiose City, Kalos
Pansexual
Broadcast Journalist
Admin
if you're lonely
come be lonely with me
6'0" / 183 cm height
6'0" / 183 cm height
awards
2,195 posts
part of
TAG WITH @barnaby
BARNABY FINCH
de profundis [fw2]
POSTED ON Jan 31, 2024 1:43:18 GMT
BARNABY FINCH Avatar
[nospaces]
[break]
[break]

Navigating the breakdown of his civilian identity was a new experience for Universe 820's Barnaby L'oiseau.[break][break]

It had always been at the back of his mind, of course. The potential downfall, the vacuum that formed in the aftermath, the looming finality of never going back. But now — with endless branching possibilities to explore in this timeline — he was ready to move on.[break][break]

was a mask discarded. It was time to don another one.[break][break]

[break]

Consolidation of power was the first step.[break][break]

"I'm sure you've heard whisperings of Underboss Decker's impending departure."[break][break]

loomed behind a broad oaken desk, one leg hitched over the other as he observed Barnaby from the leisure of his wingback chair. The man's shadow perched high across the office wall behind him, unnaturally dark and just slightly off-kilter.[break][break]

"Perhaps. But I fail to see how Decker stepping down concerns you, Bee, especially considering your recent breach in security."[break][break]

"A valid concern. However, I believe that there's an opportunity to be had here..."[break][break]

He knew in their timeline that his took up 's vacancy. Here, however, there would be no tender third kiss shared between him and Elisa. No admission of affection or succumbing of feelings. Instead, Barnaby chose to ascend in her stead.[break][break]

And he explained as much to . Emphasized that now that he lacked a public face that required careful tending, his skills could be further utilized toward ROCKET's benefit.[break][break]

Their conversation planted the seed. [break][break]

"...I'll be in touch, Admin Bee. You're dismissed."[break][break]

Soon enough, his ADMIN title was dropped for that of UNDERBOSS.

close tab

played by

Dove

Admin Bee
He / Him
April 12
Lumiose City, Kalos
Pansexual
Broadcast Journalist
Admin
if you're lonely
come be lonely with me
6'0" / 183 cm height
6'0" / 183 cm height
awards
2,195 posts
part of
TAG WITH @barnaby
BARNABY FINCH
de profundis [fw2]
POSTED ON Jan 31, 2024 3:26:49 GMT
BARNABY FINCH Avatar
[nospaces]
[break]
[break]

Tying up loose ends was the second step.[break][break]

And was one of the biggest. [break][break]

Many of the points in Barnaby and Caleb's relationship remained the same in this timeline. Their coincidental encounter in the Ultra Deep Sea, the bounty on Caleb's head courtesy of his brother , their twenty years together in Galar...[break][break]

Even the ranger's ROCKET imprisonment and subsequent escape with the help of . So many of the same moments, repeated, yet their story would end with a much different conclusion. Universe 820's Barnaby L'oiseau made sure of that.[break][break]

Barnaby never forgot his original purpose for , after all. He was a ROCKET traitor. A nuisance and a threat to one of ROCKET's most valuable assets in . The ranger had far outlived his expiration date by the time Underboss Bee found him again.[break][break]

In his final moments in this timeline, Caleb lamented the love between King Harcourt and his Spectral Rider. Tried in vain to appeal to what they once shared. Surely Barnaby felt something for him. Enough to not end his life at the very least.[break][break]

Instead, Barnaby leveled his knife to Caleb's chest and offered a few parting words:[break][break]

"It was all just a dream. Well..."[break][break]

"A nightmare, really."[break][break]

"And now it's over."[break][break]

The blade plunged through the scar tissue above Caleb's heart.

close tab

played by

Dove

Admin Bee
He / Him
April 12
Lumiose City, Kalos
Pansexual
Broadcast Journalist
Admin
if you're lonely
come be lonely with me
6'0" / 183 cm height
6'0" / 183 cm height
awards
2,195 posts
part of
TAG WITH @barnaby
BARNABY FINCH
de profundis [fw2]
POSTED ON Feb 1, 2024 3:16:16 GMT
BARNABY FINCH Avatar
[nospaces]
[break]
[break]

In this timeline, Barnaby failed to tend to his garden, so consumed as he was by his role as underboss.[break][break]

His fleur never bloomed. There was no midnight rain to nurture 's budding love, no shared curse, no weeping divulgence on a cold tile floor, no soft assurances that she could be human with him no matter what.[break][break]

So she became the monster she always knew herself to be. One that'd slipped his collar on this iteration of their relationship.[break][break]

A liability beyond the scope of what even ROCKET could control.[break][break]

"She's a danger to herself and to our organization. Just look at the report, Cillian."[break][break]

Between and there laid a tablet, upon which scrawling text detailed the Blight of Petalburg Woods and Elisa's ramping aggression from there on after. WO-CHIEN and TAPU FINI were working over time for their Avatar, apparently.[break][break]

"..." Cillian couldn't deny the evidence, despite the sinking feeling in his gut that wanted to. Even as cruel as ROCKET could be, 's use of her powers bordered on abusive and indiscriminate. [break][break]

"Admin Fiorelli is not in her right mind. Her Patrons have consumed her."[break][break]

"...So what do you propose, Theo? Have SPECTRA personally tail her every move just in case something happens again?"[break][break]

"Precisely. And they'll be ready to pull the trigger before she has the opportunity to ruin us."[break][break]

A tense moment of silence followed their discussion before the two men turned to Underboss Bee.[break][break]

"Your thoughts, Bee?"[break][break]

With hands steepled across his knee, Barnaby regarded his peers with a cool, calculated expression. There was little to give away his thoughts before he spoke them aloud.[break][break]

"You're right. She's become more of a threat than an asset to Rocket."[break][break]

"It's a shame, but..."[break][break]

"I approve."[break][break]

He rose from his seat.[break][break]

"I'll communicate next steps to Admin Gallagher."

close tab

played by

Dove

Admin Bee
He / Him
April 12
Lumiose City, Kalos
Pansexual
Broadcast Journalist
Admin
if you're lonely
come be lonely with me
6'0" / 183 cm height
6'0" / 183 cm height
awards
2,195 posts
part of
TAG WITH @barnaby
BARNABY FINCH
de profundis [fw2]
POSTED ON Feb 1, 2024 3:54:18 GMT
BARNABY FINCH Avatar
[nospaces]
[break]
[break]

Only other monsters could commiserate with monsters.[break][break]

While Barnaby and Elisabeth's relationship withered on the vine, found in her a kindred soul. Both broken, both hurting, both genuinely fond of the other and connected in a way that wasn't superficial. Here, in this timeline, their feelings were real.[break][break]

So it was unsurprising when he attempted to sway her from ROCKET.[break][break]

Yet still held an attachment for Barnaby L'oiseau that she just couldn't seem to shake. In an effort to keep her from completely aligning herself with GROUDON's Avatar, he tempted her with honeyed words and a gentle hand. [break][break]

When Matias discovered Elisa's infidelity he — exploded. In every sense of the word. At her, at their shared home, and finally...[break][break]

At Barnaby himself, when he inevitably found him.[break][break]

"You fucker! I'm going to fucking break every bone in your goddamn BODY–"[break][break]

Blood gurgled from Barnaby's half-open mouth. He'd taken enough blows to know that Matias fully intended to see his words through.[break][break]

"—before I chop off that tiny—"[break][break]

A sudden flash of light caused the Avatar to momentarily pause.[break][break]

"Tsk, tsk. Not just yet, you brute." A distantly familiar voice chided at .[break][break]

Was that—? Father Winter's words barely registered as was dragged back through the portal.[break][break]

Back to Universe 820.

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,810 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
de profundis [fw2]
POSTED ON Feb 8, 2024 3:24:45 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]FW2 COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]
[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: