[nospaces]

[attr="class","omgen"]
[attr="class","omgentop"]THE WILDS:[break]
LESSER MEGALOPOLIS

[attr="class","omgenmid"]

ONGOING EVENT
EXPLORATION

SKY PILLAR[break]✥ LESSER MEGALOPOLIS

[player]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/1035423510278979624/1102470275758567474/meglal.mp3[/player][break]
Ultra Megalopolis - Pokémon Ultra Sun & Ultra Moon
[break]

A RUINED CITY IN ULTRA SPACE. It is unclear whether this is a different universe's Ultra Megalopolis or smaller colony. Regardless, it is a dark city with intermittent sections of flickering, artificial light... Large, black prism-like skyscrapers loom above flat black streets. Much ruin has fallen here, but you get the sense that you're not alone...

PROMPTS

LIST OF PROMPTS

[attr="class","ynospace"]
  • 21 visit the lesser megalo tower and its first floor. there are no staircases to the upper floors, just an malfunctioning elevator. there are doors to empty custodial rooms, offices, and makeshift living quarters that may or may not contain threats inside.
  • 23 encounter a blacephalon that has slithered toward you and/or your party stealthily. they will attempt to explode their head for a surprise ambush.
  • 24 witness frenzied drawings etched into walls of an ULTRA NECROZMA DESCENDING UPON THIS CITY; your characters will not know what ULTRA NECROZMA is (until they do)—but may find it similar to one of the tapestry found in GOODBYE GALAR'S ALTERNATE 'REALITY' HAMMERLOCKE and make logical deductions.
  • 27 make use of vast of debris-based canyons, valleys, or tunnels created by guzzlord having eaten through city districts.
  • 28 encounter gargantuan guzzlord who devour anything or anyone without discrimination. occasionally intriguing items, or disturbing remnants from their meals can be found on or between their teeth.
  • 🗺️ utilize a paradox pokemon or ultra beast in an advantageous way.
  • 🗺️ SPECIAL HUNT: & will be able to encounter and catch a GUZZLORD or BLACEPHALON (one or the other). they may be armored or embedded with BLACK METAL &/OR SPARKLING STONES. this material may allow them to unleash devastating Z-MOVES, which makes their subduing and/or capture notoriously difficult. afterward, the material will fall from their bodies as defunct scraps.

EXPEDITION TREASURES

AT THE END OF EACH EXPEDITION THREAD, all characters must ROLL for their final post. The HIGHEST FOUR ROLLS will be counted for what TREASURES are retrieved from the location. These treasures will be returned to each faction for future use...

[attr="class","pcContainer"]
[attr="class","greenBg"]

[attr="class","boxContainer"]
[attr="class","boxName"]YOUR HAUL

[attr="class","pcTable"]
[attr="class","pcFlip"]

[attr="class","slot material"]

RULES

PLEASE READ THE FOLLOWING GUIDELINES. A more comprehensive list of rules will be published in each event thread. These rules are also subject to change.[break][break][break]

[attr="class","ynospace"]
  • Your character can only be in ONE EXPEDITION THREAD at a time.
  • You may participate with all of your characters; however, be aware of your ability to post.
  • If a thread partner has not posted in awhile, please skip them in this event. Momentum is important for engagement.
  • Since these threads may feature combat, please be reasonable with your battling. Discuss with your group if you'd like one move per post, how many Pokemon are allowed to be brought, etc.
  • Try to keep posts short for clarity and speed.
  • Please be trusting and open to communicating with all of your thread partners.
  • Please INCLUDE WHICH PROMPTS you are using in your expedition thread.
  • Please have at least FIVE POSTS PER CHARACTER in your expedition thread.

IN YOUR FINAL POSTS, PLEASE ROLL.

[newclass=.ynospace li] padding: 5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.pcContainer]margin: 0 auto; margin-top: 25px; width: 325px; height: 150px; background: #2b2b2b; overflow: hidden; border-radius:5px; border:solid 2px #232323;[/newclass]
[newclass=.greenBg]position: relative; margin-left: -70%; width: 70%; height: 120%; background: #9DD404; transform: skewX(-30deg); border-right: 82px solid #96CD04; z-index: 0;[/newclass]
[newclass=.boxContainer]position: relative; margin: 0; margin-top: -150px; padding: 0; padding-left: 5px; width: 300px; margin-right: 350px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.boxName]background: #fefaff; width: 170px; border-radius: 50px; margin: 0 auto 5px 69px; padding-top: 5px; padding-bottom: 5px; font-family: Roboto; text-align: center; font-weight: bold; font-size: 16px; color: #000;[/newclass]
[newclass=.pcTable]overflow-x: hidden; overflow-y: scroll; direction: rtl; scrollbar-color: #7db302 #87c200; scrollbar-width: thin;[/newclass]
[newclass=.pcTable::-webkit-scrollbar]width: 7px; background-color: #87c200;[/newclass]
[newclass=.pcTable::-webkit-scrollbar-thumb]background-color: #7db302;[/newclass]
[newclass=.pcFlip]width: 310px; height: 300px; display: flex; flex-wrap: wrap; margin-right: -20px; direction: ltr;[/newclass]
[newclass=.slot]background: #fefaff; border-radius: 25%; margin: 10px; width: 40px; height: 40px; text-align: center; position: relative;[/newclass]
[newclass=.slot img]position: absolute; top: 0; bottom: 0; left: 0; right: 0; margin: auto;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Kost

Dragon-hooded girl
she/her
August 10
Fallarbor Town, Hoenn
Asexual
Minor Gym Leader
Ace (Civilian)
5'11" (180 cm) height
5'11" (180 cm) height
I wanna become a Pokémon!
awards
1,679 posts
part of
TAG WITH @andreavaneau
Andrea Vaneau
LESSER MEGALOPOLIS: AS #3
POSTED ON Feb 3, 2024 17:18:12 GMT
Andrea Vaneau Avatar
How were they still there? That was likely the question in the Rocket Beast's mind, as he was saddled with a mission he'd never asked for, surviving a post-apocalyptic, zombie-infested ghost town with a person he absolutely despised. It'd been a series of unfortunate events thus far, trouble rearing its ugly, exploding head every time they thought they were done.

The duo had found refuge within a labyrinthine network of underground tunnels. It looked far too massive to have been dug out by a Diglett colony, and far too sloppy to have been carved out by a man-made drill. Those were musings that Andrea kept to herself, staying uncharacteristically quiet throughout the whole trip.

Eventually, however, she couldn't bear it any longer. "You had no right to talk to me like you did!" The dragon-costumed woman yelled at Mr. Zeppelin, puffing out her cheeks. "I only tried to be your friend! People are supposed to bond through near-death experiences! Why do you have to be so negative all the time?"

Her Slowking, who was lighting up the path with its Illuminate ability, titled its Shellder-wearing head in confusion, letting out a baritone "Sloooooooooow?"

27 make use of vast of debris-based canyons, valleys, or tunnels created by guzzlord having eaten through city districts.
close tab

played by

Raptor

Shredder
He/Him
December 25th
Spikemunth
Northeast
Wastrel
Rocket Beast
I survived because the fire inside me burned brighter than the fire around me.
awards
719 posts
part of
TAG WITH @shredzeppelin
Shred Zeppelin
POSTED ON Feb 12, 2024 5:08:27 GMT
Shred Zeppelin Avatar
What a mess.

Seriously. There's just no other way to describe it. It's so thoroughly and utterly fucked that even you, a thoroughly and utterly fucked human being, are completely out of your element. It's almost impressive, but given the circumstances, you can't say you're particularly impressed.

You've lost track of how long you've been here, but if you were to guess, it had to be a good few hours. Six or seven? Something like that. That means it's been seven hours since you've eaten anything, seven hours since you've drank anything, seven hours since you've had a smoke, seven hours since you've enjoyed any kind of luxury whatsoever. And it's not like they were an easy seven hours, no, between the explosive clown and the zombie horde, it's been an exceedingly stressful experience! If you were losing before, then by now, you've almost certainly lost it.

And now, here you are, huddling in some shitheap tunnels beneath the surface with no exit in sight. You are a tightly wound spring. You are so tense that even the slightly disturbance is enough to cause you to snap. And yet, despite that, this idiot just doesn't know when to quit it.

"Yeah, well, I don't want a fuckin' friend, huh? Maybe I want to get the fuck out of here, huh? Have you considered that? Huh? Huh? Did you?
Huh? No. You didn't. Because you don't get it, do you? You're too busy acting like this some lovely summer vacation to take this shit seriously. WE'RE IN AN ALTERNATE DIMENSION ALIEN HELLSCAPE! And what, I'm supposed to be nice to you because we both keep almost dying? No! That's not a bonding experience, you lunatic! I don't want to die here, and almost dying is not fun, and your devil-may-care attitude isn't helping me not die, so fucking knock it off and take this shit seriously!"

Your voice echoes deep and far across the roughly carved tunnels. Then, as the last echo fades away, you take a deep breath in, and let a deep breath out. Whew. Okay. Got that out of your system. Good.

"Now, how the fuck are we getting out of here?"

close tab

played by

Kost

Dragon-hooded girl
she/her
August 10
Fallarbor Town, Hoenn
Asexual
Minor Gym Leader
Ace (Civilian)
5'11" (180 cm) height
5'11" (180 cm) height
awards
1,679 posts
part of
TAG WITH @andreavaneau
Andrea Vaneau
POSTED ON Feb 14, 2024 18:27:14 GMT
Andrea Vaneau Avatar
"I AM taking this seriously!" Claimed the woman dressed up like a Hydreigon. "Have you considered that I'm trying my best to stay positive and not think about all the horrible stuff that's happened? Maybe it's because this is, like, the TWENTIETH time I've been to an alternate dimension that I'm not freaking out as much, but I still want both of us to make it out of this alive!"

Whew, looked like Andrea had quite a bit to get out of her system too. Now that they both had a level head, they could focus on the issue at hand, namely how to get out. "Hmmmm, good question. This oughta lead somewhere, right? And being down here sure beats being on the surface with all those cannibals."

She was about to eat those words. True to her suspicions, those tunnels were not man-made. In order to escape the cannibals prowling the streets, they had unwittingly entered the den of an even more voracious creature...

"AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Golly, what an obnoxious cry. A giant enemy crab emerged from the shadows, attempting to swallow everything in its path into its massive, wide open maw filled with rows upon rows of jagged teeth.

Andrea winced in pain, while covering her ears. "Is that an Ultra Beast?! Why is it so loud?!" She sent out her trusty Hydreigon to do battle with the alien monstrosity, but the thing devoured Chomper's Draco Meteors as if they were rock candy. "What the... It can eat attacks?!" The girl exclaimed in abject shock.

28 encounter gargantuan guzzlord who devour anything or anyone without discrimination. occasionally intriguing items, or disturbing remnants from their meals can be found on or between their teeth.
close tab

played by

Raptor

Shredder
He/Him
December 25th
Spikemunth
Northeast
Wastrel
Rocket Beast
awards
719 posts
part of
TAG WITH @shredzeppelin
Shred Zeppelin
POSTED ON Feb 20, 2024 11:07:19 GMT
Shred Zeppelin Avatar
"...You've gotta be fuckin' kidding me."

Today just isn't you day, is it? Between the clown and the aliens, it was already up the creek, and now you're dealing with this? A gigantic monstrous mouth with hunger to match? You watch with a mixture of shock, awe, fear, and extreme irritation as the beast swallows up the Draco Meteors as though they're nothing. That's insane. How are you even supposed to beat this thing?

You can't. At least, not here. There just isn't enough room to battle in this tunnel, and throwing attacks into this thing's mouth is equivelant to throwing them at a brick wall. You need to get out of here.

"Xurkitree!" You send forth an Ultra Beast of your own, the towering mess of wires unfurling in front of you. But again, you're not sending it forth to fight. Not at this very moment, anyway. "Hit that big asshole with a Thunder Wave!"

Xurkitree obliges, sending forth a pulse of electricity that hits the Guzzlord right in the mouth, paralysing it. If you were feeling particularly quipping, you might've came up with a banger about lockjaw, but for better or for worse, you're not thinking about jokes right now. Instead, as soon as the paralysis sets in, you proceed to turn around and begin to run.

"Move! MOVE MOVE MOVE!"

🗺️ utilize a paradox pokemon or ultra beast in an advantageous way.
close tab

played by

Kost

Dragon-hooded girl
she/her
August 10
Fallarbor Town, Hoenn
Asexual
Minor Gym Leader
Ace (Civilian)
5'11" (180 cm) height
5'11" (180 cm) height
awards
1,679 posts
part of
TAG WITH @andreavaneau
Andrea Vaneau
POSTED ON Feb 20, 2024 18:10:04 GMT
Andrea Vaneau Avatar
In a fight-or-flight scenario, the Rocket Beast proved why he was worthy of the title. Paralysis slowed down Guzzlord significantly, providing the perfect window to escape. Now, if only it could also get the obnoxious Ultra Beast to shut up.

"AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

"I'm tired of running away! You can do what you want, but I'll stay here and fight!" Andrea declared, glaring defiantly at the gluttonous titan. Infinity Energy flowed through her Sygna Suit, amplifying her voice. "So you like screaming, huh? Well, here's a scream for you! RAWR~!"

The young woman's BRAVERY combined with her resounding Dragon Cheer gave Chomper a tremendous power boost. Bathed in a formidable aura of raw draconic spirit, the green-scaled Hydreigon barreled towards the enemy like a six-winged freight train.

"Hit 'em with an Outrage! And another! And another!"

"AAAAaaAaAAaAAAaaAAaaaAaaaAAAaaAAaaaa...?!"

Guzzlord's stubby legs gave away, causing it to fall on its side with an earthshaking thud. The monstrous crab dug its pincers into the hard soil, trying to lift itself back up. Panicking, Andrea pulled an Ultra Ball out of somewhere, hurling it towards the struggling beast.

The ball shook once, then twice, and finally thrice.

*Click*

"It's over..." The trainer of dragons exhaled in relief, picking the ball off the ground.

What now? They still needed to get out of this tunnel, or risk running into a second Guzzlord. Luckily for them, a portion of the cave's wall had collapsed during the battle, revealing part of a dilapidated basement with a rusted staircase that only went up.

"Bingo! See? We found our way out after all!" The flamboyant cosplayer beamed.

🗺️ SPECIAL HUNT: Andrea Vaneau & Shred Zeppelin will be able to encounter and catch a GUZZLORD or BLACEPHALON (one or the other).

close tab

played by

Raptor

Shredder
He/Him
December 25th
Spikemunth
Northeast
Wastrel
Rocket Beast
awards
719 posts
part of
TAG WITH @shredzeppelin
Shred Zeppelin
POSTED ON Feb 22, 2024 10:52:19 GMT
Shred Zeppelin Avatar
That worked? Huh.

After a moment, you shrug. Eh, fuck it. No point overthinking things. You've been stuck here for so long that your mind is running on fumes, and you can't waste what little brainpower you have left pondering something that's already passed. At the end of the day, the good dragon won, and the bad dragon lost. What else is there to say? Sygna suits are expensive and weird. No point worrying about it.

"Cool." You quickly reverse course, moving away from the tunnel and towards the newly-formed entrance into the strange basement. Xurkitree, as always, follows closely behind. "Now, let's hurry up before another one--"

HONK HONK.

"--Gets here...?"

Slowly, you turn your head, and sure enough, there's an all-too-familiar clown standing in your blind spot. You don't even have it in you to panic anymore. Instead, you simply breath a heavy sigh.

Today just isn't your day, is it?

23 encounter a blacephalon that has slithered toward you and/or your party stealthily. they will attempt to explode their head for a surprise ambush.
close tab

played by

Kost

Dragon-hooded girl
she/her
August 10
Fallarbor Town, Hoenn
Asexual
Minor Gym Leader
Ace (Civilian)
5'11" (180 cm) height
5'11" (180 cm) height
awards
1,679 posts
part of
TAG WITH @andreavaneau
Andrea Vaneau
POSTED ON Feb 22, 2024 15:20:47 GMT
Andrea Vaneau Avatar
Andrea's ears were still buzzing from Guzzlord's incessant screaming, and the honking only made it worse. "I-it's back!" How did that thing keep following them around? One thing was certain; they needed to prevent it from using its signature move inside the tunnel.

"Bronson, make sure it can't move!" The young PokéManiac ordered her brotherly Slowking, who attempted to blind the wacky Ultra Beast by casting a bright Spotlight directly into its eyes(?), before lifting the pyromaniacal jester into the air with a Psychic.

She was fine playing the role of support for this. The clown was Shred's arch-nemesis, therefore he should get the satisfaction of dealing the finishing blow.

"It's all yours, sir! Hit 'em with everything you've got! I believe in you! RAWR! RAWR!" The draconic cosplayer exclaimed, Dragon Cheer still in full blare.

close tab

played by

Raptor

Shredder
He/Him
December 25th
Spikemunth
Northeast
Wastrel
Rocket Beast
awards
719 posts
part of
TAG WITH @shredzeppelin
Shred Zeppelin
POSTED ON Feb 23, 2024 10:34:16 GMT
Shred Zeppelin Avatar
With a series of sinister honks, the clown pulls its bulbous head from its body, ready and eager to blow some minds. Fortunately, the Slowking is uncharacteristically quick to act, restraining the Ultra Beast with a timely Psychic. And now? It's all up to you. What's the best way to finish off this bastard of a clown?

You think for a second, looking the Blacephalon up and down. Hm. Maybe? Possibly, but then again... Eh, but what if? If so, then probably. And if that's the case? Then sure, why not?

"Yoink."

You toss forth a Pokeball, hitting the helpless jester head-on and capturing it in a flash of red light. As the Pokeball hits the ground, it begins to roll back and forth, shaking and shuddering as it tries to contain the alien lifeform. But this isn't your first rodeo, and you know how this goes. One shake, two shake, three shake... Aaaaaaaaaaaaand click. A successful catch. You are now the proud(?) owner of a clown. Your collection of Ultra Beasts has grown from one to two.

"Neat." You murmur to yourself, picking up the Pokeball and stashing it on your belt. Well, at the very least, you got something out of this trip, didn't you? In that sense, you suppose this wasn't a complete waste of time. "Now, let's get the hell out of here, yeah?"

🗺️ SPECIAL HUNT: Mmmmmmmmm CLOWN.
close tab

played by

Kost

Dragon-hooded girl
she/her
August 10
Fallarbor Town, Hoenn
Asexual
Minor Gym Leader
Ace (Civilian)
5'11" (180 cm) height
5'11" (180 cm) height
awards
1,679 posts
part of
TAG WITH @andreavaneau
Andrea Vaneau
POSTED ON Feb 24, 2024 14:26:41 GMT
Andrea Vaneau Avatar
The cosplayer's Dragon Cheer must have been effective, because her begrudging ally managed to capture the prone Ultra Beast by throwing a singular ball. A critical capture or sheer dumb luck? Regardless, it was his prized possession now. Yoink, indeed.

And get the hell out they did. Climbing up the staircase led them into a sizable lobby. "This must be the inside of that really tall building we saw!" Andrea speculated. Thankfully, there were no Megalopolans to be found. The front entrance was heavily barricaded and all windows were sealed off. Whatever its true purpose was, this tower had been fortified against the city's own residents.

Just then, a tear in the fabric of reality conveniently manifested in the middle of the lobby, emitting a warm light reminiscent of tropical Hoenn. "Guess we've found our way back home! How lucky!" The young PokéManiac remarked, smiling from one ear to another.

Before she could step into the Ultra Wormhole, the easily distracted girl's attention was drawn to an ominous mural drawn in what she hoped was red paint and not the alternative. It depicted some kind of draconic being that did not resemble any of the Dragon-types she knew. Several small, humanoid figures could be seen cowering in fear, while others knelt before the creature as if it were a god.

"Woah..." What could be the meaning behind that mural? Was that thing a Pokémon? An Ultra Beast? Did that scene somehow explain how Lesser Megalopolis had ended up a ghost town? All of these were questions that Andrea was too drained to contemplate at the moment.

21 visit the lesser megalo tower and its first floor. there are no staircases to the upper floors, just an malfunctioning elevator. there are doors to empty custodial rooms, offices, and makeshift living quarters that may or may not contain threats inside.

24 witness frenzied drawings etched into walls of an ULTRA NECROZMA DESCENDING UPON THIS CITY; your characters will not know what ULTRA NECROZMA is (until they do)—but may find it similar to one of the tapestry found in GOODBYE GALAR'S ALTERNATE 'REALITY' HAMMERLOCKE and make logical deductions.

5UB3Hjty

close tab

played by

Raptor

Shredder
He/Him
December 25th
Spikemunth
Northeast
Wastrel
Rocket Beast
awards
719 posts
part of
TAG WITH @shredzeppelin
Shred Zeppelin
POSTED ON Feb 28, 2024 21:17:20 GMT
Shred Zeppelin Avatar
With two Ultra Beasts down and out and one in your possession, you make your way ahead, up the stairs and into a spacious lobby. The inside of that massive tower from earlier? Maybe, maybe not. You don't know, and you can't say you really care, because you just spotted your exit. A gigantic wormhole in the middle of the room, a rippling warp in space and time.

FUCK YES. Finally, a way out! Time to get out the hell out of here.

As Andrea is distracted marvelling at the mural, you quietly return Xurkitree to its Pokeball. Then, you proceed to run as fast as you can and leap into the wormhole. And with one last hurried cry of "OKAYBYESEEYOUNEVER!", you're gone just like that.

...Maybe it's time to pump the brakes on this whole "Ultra Wilds" thing. It never seems to go well for you. Probably time to find a better hobby, yeah? Yeah.

ONHnpFd4
close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,943 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
POSTED ON Mar 2, 2024 22:13:40 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]

EXPEDITION COMPLETE!

REWARDS - THESE CAN BE ADDED INTO YOUR ACCOUNT & PC

[break][break][break][break]

[break][break][break][break]

TATTERED[break]
INSTRUCTION MANUALS

IT'S ALIVE!!

[break][break]
If you have gathered TATTERED INSTRUCTION MANUALS 'TYPE FULL RECIPE A, B, C, D, E, F', your character will be able to piece together the formula to create the Synthetic Pokemon, TYPE: NULL. Creating this creature requires the cells taken from all Pokemon types and/or physical body parts of Pokemon.[break][break]

However, to create this Pokemon is a macabre and unethical endeavor. Feel free to explain how your character receives a TYPE: NULL in some other fashion, but do note that its creation is most likely rooted in the most reprobate and unprincipled of practices.[break][break]

Furthermore, many are wary of this creature, for it had turned on its owners during the ULTRA BEAST WAR thanks to Megalopolan technology designed by JULES COTILLARD. Perhaps, these manuals were written by them...[break][break]

You will BE ABLE TO EVOLVE THE TYPE: NULL using a LEGENDARY CANDY. Furthermore, the recipe is so esoteric, difficult, and up to chance, that replicating the formula to create another will not be feasible.[break][break]

Feel free to TRADE IN YOUR TYPE FULL RECIPES into the SITE SHOP for a TYPE: NULL (pick moveset and ability like a gachapon Pokemon).[break][break]