snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
you caged me and then you called me crazy; i am what i am 'cause you trained me.
awards
4,117 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
hallucinations
POSTED ON Feb 4, 2024 21:58:19 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illeana"]
[attr="class","illeana b"]
[attr="class","illeana i"]while it might be a new area to study, she still feels some hesitation here in area zero. it feels foreign, unnatural, and she despises it.

the urge to unmake this place rises, falls, and cycles through endlessly on an incessant loop.

"you were there that day, weren't you?"

half a question, she turns toward him with a curious look. beyond him, if she dares to look, exist ripples in the spatial matter of this place. they look odd, as if they're fighting against existence to stay in this plane. she wants to run her hands through them and rip them out at the roots, but she bypasses the sensation by simply pretending it's not there.

behind her, reflected like an echo of multiples against giant clusters of tera crystals, the shard of palkia idly flicks its tail in annoyance for it shares the same sentiments as its avatar.

the great chasm of hoenn.

[newclass=.illeana] text-align: justify; text-transform: lowercase; font-size: 12px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.illeana b] color: #E37474; font-size: 13px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.illeana i] text-decoration: underline dotted #E37474; font-size: 13px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Teal

Roy
He/Him
twenty-six
May 02
Rustboro City, Hoenn
Heterosexual
Trainer
Civilian
Single
6'01" height
6'01" height
get out of my way
awards
310 posts
Roy Aker DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @roy
Roy Aker
hallucinations
POSTED ON Feb 5, 2024 20:37:24 GMT
Roy Aker Avatar
[attr="class","postruinsbg"]

[attr="class","postruinstxt"]

[attr="class","postruinsicon"]
"Yeah, I was."

He doesn't know if his reply answers her question. For now, only the shard of the spatial pokemon has his concern. Not even the crystals that line the chasm walls can pull his attention. There's an elegance to its destructive power that Roy cannot move past. Seeing his grandmother's stories come to life takes some kind of toll on him, but he does his best not to display this.

"What do you think it means?"

Playing into the charade, Roy distances himself from the pair. He probes one of the shards of glass with his fingertip. Pressing hard against the crystal's edge, he attempts to cut his own flesh, just to see if it's possible.

[attr="class","postruinspkmn"]

[newclass=.postruinsbg]background:url('https://i.imgur.com/2BdJS3Z.png'); width: 715px; height: 436px; clip-path: polygon(0 0, 680px 0, 680px 105px, 100% 105px, 100% 100%, 0 100%); position:absolute; margin-top:-30px; margin-left:-30px; pointer-events: none;[/newclass]
[newclass=.postruinstxt]margin:-40px 85px -40px 115px; position: relative; z-index: 2; padding: 30px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.postruinstxt b]text-decoration: none; font-weight: bold; color: #d5a03a;[/newclass]
[newclass=.postruinsicon]background:url("https://sig.grumpybumpers.com/host/royaker.gif"); width: 120px; height: 120px; margin: 2px 18px 7px 1px; border: 1px solid #aaa; border-radius:3px; overflow: hidden; float: left; background-color: #303030; background-size: contain;[/newclass]

[newclass=.postruinstxt blockquote]border:1px solid #aaa; background:transparent; margin: 0px; padding: 10px; font-size: 10px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.postruinstxt blockquote b]color:#aaa;[/newclass]
[newclass=.postruinstxt .vdice-box]background: transparent; border: 1px solid #aaa; border-radius:3px; margin-bottom:-12px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.postruinstxt .vdice-value]border:none;[/newclass]
[newclass=.postruinsdice]font:800 20px Poppins; line-height:80px; text-align:center;[/newclass]

[newclass=.postruinnote]border-width: 6px 6px 6px 6px;border-style:solid;border-radius:10%;border-image: url('https://i.imgur.com/IxR9pR1.png') 6 6 6 6 repeat repeat;padding:6px 8px;background:#aaa;color:#232323;text-align:justify;font:11px Calibri;letter-spacing:1px;[/newclass]

[newclass=.postruinstxt .audiojs]background: transparent; color:#aaa; border:1px solid #aaa; margin-bottom:-12px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.postruinstxt .audiojs .progress]background: #aaa;[/newclass]

[newclass=.postruinspkmn]width:365px; display:flex; justify-content:center; align-items:center; margin-bottom: 20px; margin-left:145px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.postruinspkmn img]opacity:0.8;filter: grayscale(100%); transition-timing-function: ease-in-out; transition-duration: 0.5s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.postruinspkmn img:hover]opacity:0.8;filter: grayscale(0%); transition-timing-function: ease-in-out; transition-duration: 0.5s;[/newclass]

[newclass=.postruinsart]text-align:center; margin-bottom:-12px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.postruinsart img]height:100px; width: 363px; object-fit:cover; border:1px solid #aaa; border-radius:5px; position:relative; z-index:1; filter:grayscale(100%);[/newclass]
[newclass=.postruinsartdrk]height:100px; width: 363px; border-radius:5px; background:#303030; margin-left:1px; margin-top:-104px; position:relative; z-index:2; mix-blend-mode: lighten;[/newclass]
[newclass=.postruinsartlght]height:100px; width: 363px; border-radius:5px; background:#aaa; margin-left:1px; margin-top:-100px; position:relative; z-index:2; mix-blend-mode: darken;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
you caged me and then you called me crazy; i am what i am 'cause you trained me.
awards
4,117 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
hallucinations
POSTED ON Feb 7, 2024 17:37:54 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illeana"]
[attr="class","illeana i"]ah, good... he's familiar, then.

"it's another anomaly."

she doesn't step forward toward him, feet almost frozen into the ground, but she plucks a hole into the fabric of space all the same. it allows her to transport a hand, to stall the cutting of his flesh against jagged crystal from the other side of the little wormhole with a slightly bruising grip on his wrist.

when she's certain he'll back away, she releases and pulls her hand back through before repairing the small wormhole she had made.

"careful," she warns. "the old gods are paid in blood."

and while she'd like to say she understands this, it doesn't settle in a way she'd prefer. it's odd, wrong... a blight on this world.

palkia seems a little riled up now, as if it's sliding further into anger with each tick of a clock's hand. she cannot say she blames it for the same sensation rolls through her bones.

"these crystals are capable of conjuring our dreams - shall we test the strength of these ones?"

before she cuts them apart, before she erodes them out of existence.

[newclass=.illeana] text-align: justify; text-transform: lowercase; font-size: 12px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.illeana i] text-decoration: underline dotted #E37474; font-size: 13px; [/newclass]

close tab

played by

Teal

Roy
He/Him
twenty-six
May 02
Rustboro City, Hoenn
Heterosexual
Trainer
Civilian
Single
6'01" height
6'01" height
get out of my way
awards
310 posts
Roy Aker DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @roy
Roy Aker
hallucinations
POSTED ON Feb 9, 2024 17:14:11 GMT
Roy Aker Avatar

Roy's eyes widen as a hand seemingly appears from nothingness. Instantly, it halts his experiment with the jagged crystal in front of him. The warning of the old gods only tempts him to dig deeper, but he respects the scientist's decision. Her tightened grip on his wrist suffocates his curiosity, which forces him to pull away.

"Whatever." He sounds defeated.

As his hand retreats from its position, he catches an unexpected sight in the reflection of the crystal. The abrupt shimmer prances across all of the nearby crystals to produce a larger image. Within that ethereal glass, a legendary creature materializes. Its presence seems deliberately crafted to counter the dragon accompanying the woman.

"I think you might've got your wish." He speaks cautiously as he steps away from the crystal wall.

[newclass=.postruinsbg]background:url('https://i.imgur.com/2BdJS3Z.png'); width: 715px; height: 436px; clip-path: polygon(0 0, 680px 0, 680px 105px, 100% 105px, 100% 100%, 0 100%); position:absolute; margin-top:-30px; margin-left:-30px; pointer-events: none;[/newclass]
[newclass=.postruinstxt]margin:-40px 85px -40px 115px; position: relative; z-index: 2; padding: 30px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.postruinstxt b]text-decoration: none; font-weight: bold; color: #d5a03a;[/newclass]
[newclass=.postruinsicon]background:url("https://sig.grumpybumpers.com/host/royaker.gif"); width: 120px; height: 120px; margin: 2px 18px 7px 1px; border: 1px solid #aaa; border-radius:3px; overflow: hidden; float: left; background-color: #303030; background-size: contain;[/newclass]

[newclass=.postruinstxt blockquote]border:1px solid #aaa; background:transparent; margin: 0px; padding: 10px; font-size: 10px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.postruinstxt .vdice-box]background: transparent; border: 1px solid #aaa; border-radius:3px; margin-bottom:-12px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.postruinsdice]font:800 20px Poppins; line-height:80px; text-align:center;[/newclass]

[newclass=.postruinnote]border-width: 6px 6px 6px 6px;border-style:solid;border-radius:10%;border-image: url('https://i.imgur.com/IxR9pR1.png') 6 6 6 6 repeat repeat;padding:6px 8px;background:#aaa;color:#232323;text-align:justify;font:11px Calibri;letter-spacing:1px;[/newclass]

[newclass=.postruinstxt .audiojs]background: transparent; color:#aaa; border:1px solid #aaa; margin-bottom:-12px;[/newclass]

[newclass=.postruinspkmn]width:365px; display:flex; justify-content:center; align-items:center; margin-bottom: 20px; margin-left:145px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.postruinspkmn img]opacity:0.8;filter: grayscale(100%); transition-timing-function: ease-in-out; transition-duration: 0.5s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.postruinspkmn img:hover]opacity:0.8;filter: grayscale(0%); transition-timing-function: ease-in-out; transition-duration: 0.5s;[/newclass]

[newclass=.postruinsart img]height:100px; width: 363px; object-fit:cover; border:1px solid #aaa; border-radius:5px; position:relative; z-index:1; filter:grayscale(100%);[/newclass]
[newclass=.postruinsartdrk]height:100px; width: 363px; border-radius:5px; background:#303030; margin-left:1px; margin-top:-104px; position:relative; z-index:2; mix-blend-mode: lighten;[/newclass]
[newclass=.postruinsartlght]height:100px; width: 363px; border-radius:5px; background:#aaa; margin-left:1px; margin-top:-100px; position:relative; z-index:2; mix-blend-mode: darken;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,117 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
hallucinations
POSTED ON Feb 11, 2024 2:34:17 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illeana"]
[attr="class","illeana i"]well, it seems as though her warning had been pointless to an extent. while his body is spared the sting of cutting flesh open, the old gods come all the same.

and somehow, she can't stop the amused smile. it bubbles and brews until finally, it cracks through porcelain.

"excellent."

behind her, palkia snarls its irritation...

for its sibling is still chained - forced into a lesser form and made to be an obedient son.

she takes a step forward as roy backs away from the iridescent wall. as she approaches, the origin form dialga wretches itself free from its crystalline prison. once its freed, the dragon of time lets out its own snarled roar.

"do you think this is plucked from a memory? or something else?"

is it an echo manifesting across space-time? a preview of a current existence?

there's no way to know for sure - not entirely - but no matter... she'll snuff it out regardless.

"ready?"

her hands begin to glow a soft, translucent pink, as palkia's shoulder pearls follow suit. opposite them, dialga's dorsal fin begins to expand in preparation of roar of time.

close tab

played by

Teal

Roy
He/Him
twenty-six
May 02
Rustboro City, Hoenn
Heterosexual
Trainer
Civilian
Single
6'01" height
6'01" height
get out of my way
awards
310 posts
Roy Aker DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @roy
Roy Aker
hallucinations
POSTED ON Apr 22, 2024 17:51:24 GMT
Roy Aker Avatar

"You'd know more than I would," Roy replied, his tone hinting at a respect for Illeana's expertise on the matter. "I don't think I'll ever be ready for this kind of thing."

Roy's past echoed with legendary tales of these majestic pokemon, but firsthand experience had eluded him for the most part until now. These particular dragons possessed a mythic power that could reshape reality itself, a concept that was clearly daunting to the draconid. Such encounters were not without risk, a fact that Roy approached with cautious respect rather than fear.

From the depths of his pocket, Balmung appeared in a sudden burst of light, positioning itself between Roy and Dialga. As the air crackled with the impending Roar of Time, Roy and Balmung stood witness, their roles relegated to that of mere spectators in this cosmic showdown, leaving the stage to the scientist and her legendary companion.

close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,117 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
hallucinations
POSTED ON Apr 26, 2024 1:00:57 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illeana"]
[attr="class","illeana i"]he has a point... but she's filled to the brim with uncertainty. there's still so much they don't know about this place, these crystals, or the powers hidden behind them.

"i guess we'll find out, won't we?"

palkia snarls and she can feel the shift in the air before she sees the swirls of spatial matter beginning to flow toward the dragon. it becomes a vortex of pink, shifting into a tangible power as the pearls on palkia's shoulders begin to glow.

in preparation, the alchemist is quick to pull her own matter into full blown creation. the result are pearlescent pink shields settling in front of roy and balmung for they are about to witness a clash of titans, of space and time, of creation.

"if they start to crack, let me know."

the statement barely leaves her lips in time before roar of time launches from origin form dialga's side of the chasm. it reflects off crystals in a shimmering arc of sheer power, colliding with a quickly fired pair of spatial rends from both palkia and its avatar.

an explosion follows. blue and pink energy plumes around them and she steps forward, a look of regret flashing across her expression before it's eroded by concentration. as both legendary dragons begin to charge their power back up to exchange signature blows once more, she reaches for spatial strings and tugs.

gravity lurches beneath her touch, startled, and the origin form dialga is thrown off balance. a flick of the wrist and it reverts until it's crushing pressure, forcing the temporal being into the ground until it's stuck. somehow, its dorsal fin never quite shrinks as the earth begins to tremble...

close tab

played by

Teal

Roy
He/Him
twenty-six
May 02
Rustboro City, Hoenn
Heterosexual
Trainer
Civilian
Single
6'01" height
6'01" height
get out of my way
awards
310 posts
Roy Aker DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @roy
Roy Aker
hallucinations
POSTED ON Apr 26, 2024 17:28:25 GMT
Roy Aker Avatar

The legendary moves collide, causing an explosion that scatters winds and debris nearby. Despite the layer of pink protecting them, Balmung and Roy instinctively shield themselves, with Roy using his arms and his charizard deploying its wings.

In the midst of the ongoing battle, Balmung prepares to take flight, only to be halted by Roy's swift intervention as he steps forward, urging his pokemon to wait with an outstretched arm and open palm.

"Wait." Roy commands, effectively pausing the action.

The defeated four-legged dragon submits, its defeat resonating across the thousands of tera shards covering the wall. Suddenly, Roy feels a complex mix of emotions manifest from within. A wave of jealousy washes over him, distracting him from his own pokemon and directing his focus towards the timekeeper generated from crystals.

"itrewic svern," Roy murmurs, his tongue weaving like a serpent as he whispers the phrase.

In response, Dialga breaks free from its constraints. Like before, the legendary creature unleashes another Roar of Time towards Illeana and her guardian.

WRITE REPLY

QUICK REPLY

it's a long life full of long nights