6,459 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
TALES BENEATH THE DYNA TREE (LEAGUE)
POSTED ON Mar 1, 2024 3:03:18 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
"when you say memory, people think it has to be one that gives a huge impact when you remember it."

kyle turns to calyrex, who blinks at his statement. kyle smiles at himself, remembering that the concept itself was something that the pokemon might not understand. after all, kyle is aware that his statement differs from what everyone else before him might have shared.

"i don't have that effect on people. i'm slow. i build up relationships bit by bit. people, in turn, do the same. i don't mind though. it makes things easier to process."

there's few life changing events that he can deem personal. of the few that do, it was one-sided and something that the other parties of the memory would find minor.

still, kyle finds those small, personable events more satisfying than big climaxes.

"i usually take pictures of that day to remember it by. they're not usually the most exciting so i need them. i do have a fading memory of someone though. they don't have pictures, but i guess i can share them before my memories of them turn to vague thoughts."

there was this guy: gruff, silent, aloof. he was the opposite of personable, but i remember him being so close to him that i consider him a brother figure.

you don't see him do anything big. he really likes to keep to himself, and he doesn't make an effort to connect with other people. of the few times you see him, he spends his time doing work or keeping to himself.

i'm not even sure why or how i got close to him.

maybe i liked the challenge, or maybe it made things easier for both of us since i think we worked closely together.

perhaps it's because we share the same tendencies to keep things short and simple with every interaction that he eventually found tolerance when it comes to dealing with me.

nothing spectacular happens when we were together since that's how both of us like it. we just became part of each other's routines that i started to find it difficult how it would be if there wasn't some random gloomy guy rounding up the corner if i ask for his help.

i'm not sure where i'm going with this. i just worry he'll be gone in my memory soon even though he hasn't been in the routine for forever. i'm not even sure i'm overly romanticizing it.

either way, i guess i'll miss him until the day i forget about it.

"you should make your own memories too. you don't have to ask for stories that way if you experience it firsthand."

it felt weird giving the pokemon an advice it likely wouldn't even follow. he said his piece anyways, and it's likely to be lost to the sea of other meaningful stories, especially compared to his ramble, others have shared.

"just get rid of the older, less relevant ones if you want to make space for it," he further prods. "it'll be worth it. think of it as a sacrifice of sorts."

ironic, given that how he clings on to the piece of memory he can barely figure out.

@tags

close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
Turned on my friends and brought them pain. I have no right to show I can change. But I gotta try!
awards
4,320 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
POSTED ON Mar 1, 2024 3:37:30 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","isaac2"]

[attr="class","topimage"]

[attr="class","textbox"]"Here's a riddle for you. When's your biggest sacrifice also your biggest gift?"[break][break]

A tilt of the head and a "co-rown?" were about all the answer Isaac expected. After hearing fanciful tales, veiled experiences, and fringe theories, a riddle wasn't what Calyrex had expected to be regaled with today. Nevertheless, by now it knew that the people of Hoenn were full of surprises. Its mortal host sat down, the two prepared to listen carefully.[break][break]

"A long time ago, there were two castles built atop an emerald hill. Each was a beauty to behold; five stories high, made of beautiful marble bricks and trimmed in gold. In every way that mattered, they were the same. Every way, that is, but one."[break][break]

"One castle was built behind towering walls. The other didn't even have a door."[break][break]

"The walled city looked down upon their open neighbors. 'Who do they think they are?' they asked. 'Do they just let anyone live there?
Are they trying to get themselves killed?' After all, their own city was secure. They welcomed those they wanted, and shunned those they didn't. Not once did they ever have to give up what was rightfully theirs. Everything was all according to their perfect little plan."
[break][break]

"Things were a lot less simple for the open city. Any and all who came to the emerald hill were welcome to stay and rest there. Some simply passed on through, paying no thought to their hosts but for a place to lay their head. Some even took advantage, gleefully plundering the city for all it was worth on the way out."[break][break]

"Yet a precious few gave back. They tended to the city as if it was their own. Many passed shortly after, but all the little signs of their time added up. The streets of the open city were a tapestry of memories from those who had once called it home. Hell, some liked it so much that they decided to stay."[break][break]

"I'd love to say that's where they proved the snobs of the walled city wrong. That good natures prevailed, and the open city never knew another struggle. That the walled city went "you know what, they're right!" and threw down their own defenses, so the two cities could become one. But that's just not how it works, y'know? There's not some magic bullet that just fixes all of their problems. So long as they face the world with an open heart, there's gonna be risks. Anyone can see that."[break][break]

"But what the open city does have is priceless. A thousand hearts beating along with its own, each one holding a precious memory from a faraway land. An understanding of the world around it that the walled city can never match, for it only sees those experiences at an arm's length. The knowledge that for every hardship they suffer, there's something bright to look forward to on the horizon.[break][break]

"And who knows? If some great disaster falls upon the hill, the walled city will find themselves without a friend in the world. But when the open city's in trouble? The world remembers the generosity it once showed them." With a soft sigh, Isaac turned to leave, walking away from the Dyna Tree one final time.[break][break]

"Do you get it now? To love's the greatest sacrifice anyone can ever make. And yet there's nothing more rewarding."

[attr="class","oocbox"]
TAG — @ [break]
NOTES — notes go here

[newclass=".isaac2"] --color:#c4c067; [/newclass]
[newclass=".isaac2"] margin: 0px auto; background-color: #111; min-height: 500px; width: 450px; margin: 0px auto; padding-top: 20px; padding-bottom:20px; } .isaac2 .textbox a, .isaac2 .textbox i { color:var(--color); } .isaac2 .textbox b { font:bold 13px/10px 'Poppins'; color:var(--color); } .topimage { background-image: url(https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/1058305315642286080/1155427871351906335/image.png); height: 250px; width: 400px; background-size: cover; background-position:50% 20%; margin: 0px auto; } .isaac2 .textbox { line-height: 15px; letter-spacing: .5px; font-size: 12px; font-family: roboto; color: #d6d6d6; margin: 20px auto 0px; text-align: justify; padding-bottom: 20px; background:#1E1E1E; padding:30px 50px; background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom; } .isaac2 .oocbox { border-top: 3px solid #333; padding-top: 10px; width: 260px; margin: 20px auto 0px; text-align:left; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Epic BugCatcher

He, him, his
March 31
Freezington, Galar
Irrelevant.
INTERPOL Agent / Police Deputy Chief
Lieutenant Officer
Widowed.
With daughters!
119 kg (262 lbs) / 196 cm (6' 5") height
119 kg (262 lbs) / 196 cm (6' 5") height
Was doing swords and shields before it was cool.
awards
1,234 posts
Gwyar Wledig DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @gwyar
Gwyar Wledig
POSTED ON Mar 1, 2024 3:44:28 GMT
Gwyar Wledig Avatar

TBTDT (LEAGUE)

Memory & Sacrifice.

Speaking to Calyrex is harder than he cares to admit.

It asks for stories to be regaled with. Of varying subjects and themes. But though one would think their options vast, for Gwyar, every time he kneels, it is as though he's been stripped bare before the King of bountiful harvests.

Today once again, it has requested a tale. And once again, he finds himself reaching within himself despite his tense weariness...

Upon a land blighted by dead dreaming gods and a beastly rampaging black knight —populated by the ghosts of a distant and unknown past— heroes from another world, another time, once arrived.

They met a King. One suffering a slow, withering death. So they swore to protect its realm and people, until the day of the prophecy arrived. The day of a land healed, a world saved, and a journey back home.

But none told them when the day of prophecy was to come.

Days became weeks. Weeks became months. Months, years. Decades.

The blighted land became as home. The ghosts became as kin. After so long, many of the heroes no longer even desired to go back from whence they came.

And then, the god of heroes was reborn. The day of prophecy had arrived.

The heroes gathered their armies and followed after the hero of many battles into one last confrontation against the God of blight and the fabled black knight.

The battle... does not matter, for this story. What matters is what came after.

The land was healed. The world was saved. And now... all that was left was the journey home.

A journey which the heroes had no choice in. As... the very world and the people they had become dearly endeared to vanished into mist, as if it had never existed at all.

close tab

played by

Nano

mari, ouroboros
any
twenty six
june 25
lavender town, kanto
demisexual
nurse
ace
meet me on
the edge of oblivion
5'4" height
5'4" height
and i tried to save a life with these diamond hands of mine; but they're sharper than a knife
awards
488 posts
part of
TAG WITH @marisol
MARISOL SIMONE
POSTED ON Mar 1, 2024 5:11:56 GMT
MARISOL SIMONE Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minicharwrap"]

[attr="class","minicharh"]

memory and sacrifice

[attr="class","minicharentry"]

here she is again, looking to the regal pokemon. she's unsure if this one is the one who took her scarf, although she'll assume, since she can't see it anywhere. [break][break]

she didn't expect to get it back. [break][break]

"i've returned, your majesty." she gives the pokemon a bow, and marisol has to admit, this sort of act is a little entertaining when you factor in the monotonous movements of each day. the pompous pokemon lets out a satisfied cro-crown! before a chuckle follows the woman's lips. "your topic are certainly interesting, your majesty, to be asking for a story of memory and sacrifice.." perhaps it was deliberate, because she can imagine that the pokemon has obtained so many special, interesting stories from the people. [break][break]

"i supposed i could tell a brief story of the monstress..?" she ponders, knowing that this is a story close to her heart, and yet one that she's forgotten since the memories have faded. still, all stories originate from somewhere. so, with a smile on her lips, she'll sit herself down with the king and speak her tale. [break][break]

"the monstress was doing her best," she starts, stifling a chuckle "from becoming more of a monster. she treated others, offered medicine, did so much learning to be able to help the people around her. those around her loved her, because she always went out of her way, helping people both good and bad. she wasn't great with people, but she always went out of her way to make sure that someone was healthy, or feeling okay." maybe that describes her well enough, but she'll insist that she only does what is necessary as a nurse. [break][break]

"to become a human, however, the monster had to sacrifice a lot. she had to sacrifice a part of herself, and sacrifice some of the friends who believed in her, for so, so long." marisol pauses, the memory and faces of those few passed cross her mind, then she shakes her head to push the images away. "the monster hated herself, knowing that's what it took. one day, as she's trying to help the people around her, she falls into what felt like a long, long slumber." what felt like ages, what made her feel disorientated and fatigued, and what still frustrates her when the constraints of amnesia block her from a dream once upon a time. [break][break]

"when the monster woke up, she was still the same, but something was missing." something important, something that she can't put her finger on, and something that gnaws at her mind. "when she woke up, she felt like something was missing, like there was a hole in her heart, and a hole in her mind. she couldn't understand, and couldn't figure out why she felt the way she did." there was the confusion that settled in, followed by the fruitless attempts to remember. "so, because she couldn't remember, she immediately fixated on the one thing she could remember; another monster." [break][break]

"she latched onto it, spiraled, and obsessed over it, knowing the rabbit hole she was beginning to spiral into." the woman hums, her fingers lightly tapping against her thigh "... and because of that hole in her memory, she's starting to go down a dark path. she knows she is, and it scares her to a degree, but she's searching for anything to fill the void in her mind, and the emptiness of something that was once there." [break][break]

she ends the story, though it looked as though the king was not satisfied with the ending. it was evident with the tilt of his head, and the trainer can only chuckle. "i apologize, your majesty. the story is still being written." marisol sighs, however, and the better part of her prays that it ends soon. "thank you for listening this week. should you wish to hear another story in the future, i'll happily update you on the monster's ending."

[attr="class","minicharf"]

[newclass=.minicharwrap]width:520px;font-family:poppins;margin:0 auto;[/newclass]
[newclass=.minicharwrap blockquote]box-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #333333,-2px 2px 0px #333333,2px -2px 0px #333333,-2px -2px 0px #333333!important;[/newclass]
[newclass=.minicharwrap img]float:none;border:none;background:none;box-shadow: none;margin: 0px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.minicharwrap hr]margin:-5px 135px 33px 135px;color:#333333;box-shadow:none;[/newclass]
[newclass=.minicharh]text-align:right;margin:-10px 0px 0px 0px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.minicharh a]font: bold 12px Quattrocento Sans;line-height: normal;line-height: 10px;text-transform: uppercase;letter-spacing: 2px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.minicharf]text-align:center;width:490px;margin:-20px 0px -25px -54px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.minicharentry]line-height:17.5px!important;padding:35px 15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.minicharentry b]letter-spacing:1px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.minicharentry u]color:#cecece;text-transform:uppercase;letter-spacing:1px;font-weight:bold;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,924 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
POSTED ON Mar 1, 2024 8:07:06 GMT
shiv Avatar

TBTDT (LEAGUE)

THANK YOU FOR PARTICIPATING

TALES BENEATH THE DYNA TREE will receive a finale post shortly. Thank you all for participating with your characters!!
close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,924 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
POSTED ON Mar 3, 2024 6:32:52 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","omgen"]
[attr="class","omgentop"]TALES BENEATH[break]THE DYNA TREE (LEAGUE)

[attr="class","omgenmid"]

SCHEDULED END: FEBRUARY 29TH, 11:59PM PST
LIMITED TIME EVENT
LEAGUE ONLY

[player]https://file.garden/ZXZrnWMYuz15frfJ/HOENN%20MUSIC/CALYREX%20THEME.mp3[/player]
[break]

🎼 Calyrex Theme - Pokemon Sword and Shield

EVER GRANDE CITY

THE LAST TALE IS TOLD. With regal poise, the League's King of Bountiful Harvests contemplates every story it has heard. Each verse is savoured like ambrosia—and heroism swells within the hare like Hoenn's first spring.[break][break]

The King is surrounded by good souls. Though imperfect, they

"cro-rown."
[break][break]

Power returns to the CALYREX. It dances a small jig, psychic energies swirling about its lithe body before rising to crown its head that now glows bright green.[break][break]

Around EVER GRANDE CITY, a shimmering blue rises around the city: a DYNAMAX BARRIER of some kind, but perceptibly different. The same glow overtakes a poor League official. Her jaw drops like a puppet's as the King speaks through her:[break][break]

"protection against giants." The King of Bountiful Harvests declares. "none shall dynamax in the capital while this barrier stands."[break][break]

---
[break][break]

The CALYREX turns to , the Galarian Ambassador. Beside the King, the possessed vessel floats.[break][break]

"i weep the selfsame tears, bear the selfsame concerns. to govern a populace, thou must humble thyself beneath them. thou shalt endure being trampled upon, and draw the ire of many. yet, to rule is to follow the lead of thy people, and surmount adversity with royal grace. show this to me."[break][break]

A glowing shard of CALYREX parts from its green head. Another CALYREX manifests from the light. Although it can not possess a human vessel to speak, it is psychically linked to the original CALYREX. Every experience the shard lives through will also be lived by the original King.

will receive a CALYREX SHARD. She may place this CALYREX into her PC and choose its moves like a gachapon Pokemon. This CALYREX can not fuse with a SPECTRIER or GLASTRIER.[break][break]

The CALYREX desires to witness 's qualities as a leader and how she overcomes conflicts. Keep track of threads, narratives, and arcs that revolve around this theme.

[break][break]

The original CALYREX will remain in EVER GRANDE CITY to maintain the barrier and to tend to the DYNA TREE.[break][break]

[player]https://file.garden/ZXZrnWMYuz15frfJ/HOENN%20MUSIC/mysterious%20howl.mp3[/player][break][break]

After the shard is bestowed, a light fog descends upon the island. Like cold capes, the mist swirls and eddies around the ankles of those present. A MYSTERIOUS HOWL cleaves through the skies for all to hear—but it is directed at one and one alone: .[break][break]

The fog disperses. However, the source of that eerie cry is nowhere to be found. Perhaps, whatever it is, is watching the ELITE FOUR member. From the elusive mists, the creature tests him for virtues: inside and out.[break][break]

For now, EVER GRANDE stands proud and protected. But one day, it too will fall and will stand all alone.

REWARD

REWARD FOR POSTING[break]
FOR EVERY WEEK

[img src="https://raw.githubusercontent.com/msikma/pokesprite/master/items/other-item/dynamax-candy.png" style="float:none;box-shadow:none;border:none" title="1x DYNAMAX CANDY"][break][break]

THANK YOU ALL FOR PARTICIPATING!

[newclass=.ynospace li] padding: 5px;[/newclass]